CHRISTY HEMME vs. TRISH STRATUS vs. LITA vs. VICTORIA

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

JOHN CENA © vs. EDDIE GUERRERO

SHAWN MICHAELS vs. KURT ANGLE

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

NATURAL BORN THRILLERS vs. MNM © w/MELINA

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

PAUL LONDON vs. SUPER CRAZY vs. TAJIRI vs. CHAVO GUERRERO vs. ELIX SKIPPER vs. JUVENTUD ©

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

WWE SummerSlam Matches

August 21st, 2005

You're not too late to order WWE SummerSlam, live on pay-per-view tonight! Here is a run-down of the matches you can expect to see from this joint brand extravaganza.

RAW

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

BATISTA © vs. EDGE w/LITA

SHELTON BENJAMIN vs. TRIPLE H w/RIC FLAIR

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

CHRIS BENOIT vs. MUHAMMAD HASSAN © w/DAIVARI

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

PAUL LONDON vs. SUPER CRAZY vs. TAJIRI vs. CHAVO GUERRERO vs. ELIX SKIPPER vs. JUVENTUD ©

Prediction contest numero trois. Predict the winner for each match. Each correct winner will get you 1 point, and you will receive an extra 2 points for correctly predicting the result of a title match.

^_^

Good stuff you have going Alldawson, I just read through the entire thing.

Bringing back the NBT has earned you my :wub: .

RAW

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

RAW

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

RAW

Please God no, do not let Edge win the title, please, please, please!

Super anti-climax, may seem a little predictable that Benjamin wins so I'll go with Triple H.

Yeah, uber internet wrestling God Chris Benoit doesn't pull it off.

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

While Stratus and Lita are brawling around on the outside or something Victoria rolls up Hemme for the win.

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

He once again shows why he is the true champion and the top 'dawg' in the WWE, or on SmackDown!

Please let this end now, I feel if the heel wins then it will continue, even though i want Angle to win if Michaels win I think this will end.

MNM steal it but this isn't over, I like that Jindrak is doing something and O'Haire is good. Keep this going (Y)

Just say it. Say my name. Primetime baby.

RAW

Winner: Batista

Winner: Shelton

Winner: Benoit via DQ

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner: Trish

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner: Cena

Winner: Angle

Winners: NBT

Winner: Skipper

RAW

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner: Edge

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

Winner: Muhammad Haasan

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner: Trish

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner: John Cena

Winner: Kurt Angle

Winners: MNM

Winner: Juventud

Guest Deathblow

RAW

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

Edited by Deathblow

Guest RickyW

RAW

Comments: I'm hoping for a major title change for SummerSlam and I'm hoping it's Batista who loses it.

Comments: I see Shelton getting screwed in the end of this match. Triple H walks out with the win, but Shelton wants more...perhaps a rematch?

Comments: I see Hassan winning by cheating, Hassan needs the belt more

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Comments: I don't know why, but I have a feeling your going to give the win to Christy

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

Comments: I don't like Cena as champion, but I would much rather see Batista lose the belt than him. I would love for you to rekindle the Cena/Christian feud and have Christian get the win...

Comments: I was thinking about this one carefully, why would the "Heel" win the tie breaker match in a situation like this. It makes more sense for Angle to lose and possibly shake Michaels hand out of respect.

Comments: I love the NBT but I dont' think MNM is ready to lose the titles, they make good champs (besides this could be a great feud)

Comments: Skipper is being groomed for a championship run, but not yet. I see Juvi coming out with the belt.

Edited by RickyW

I think you'll go with Edge for this one, second biggest PPV of the year, main title change, it just seems what you will go for.

Logic would say Shelton wins, but Triple H being Triple H I can see him winning this one.

Hassan retains via cheating, Benoit doesn't really have a lot to gain by becoming IC Champion.

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Her wrestling skill might not be much but I expected this change in reality at Wrestlemania - so I can see Christy doing it.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

While I would like to see Eddie win I'm not sure this is the right time, Cena retains again.

Angle gets the win, but I'm not entirely sure with this one.

Keep the gold with MNM, While the Thrillers are good they have only just got themselves here, build up this change if it's gonna happen.

Juventud retains.

I'm loving this still alldawson, keep this going I want to see a Wrestlemania 22 here (Y)

RAW

Unlike everyone else, I don't think that either title will change hands. Remember that WrestleMania had both titles change hands, and thus gives this leeway for Summerslam to have them stay put.

I too think that there will be some type of screwjob done.

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Lita and Trish are easily your most over women, so giving it to Victoria would mean that there are good matches to be had (Christy? c'mon...) and the title could easily change hands down the line.

SMACKDOWN!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

See Raw World title.

The question comes down to "Who deserves the rub more? The old legend, or the guy who could be forced to retire at any point?" I give it to the old legend, just because he's the face in the series.

I love the old NBT, but without Sanders they're just Jindrak and O'Haire. Meanwhile, MNM are MNM, so they keep the belts. If you could follow that, then you're doing good.

The SD champs can't have a perfect night.

SummerSlam

Prediction Contest Results

Username - Points Total

rdarnz - 20 (Maximum score!)

ChrisTheHornyBrick - 16

Ben - 15

Cloudy - 14

Deathblow - 14

VA Finest 1 - 13

Razor - 12

blueblood - 11

Crossface - 10

Evansfan1 - 10

Quick Trick - 8

wwefan14 - 8

Damnination - 7

mAXi - 7

Thatz - 7

TheTruth - 7

Vincent K. McMahon - 7

HaasOfPain - 6

phatman - 6

IAceI - 4

RickyW - 4

Steve Corino - 4

TAFKA Castroneves - 3

Verder - 3

Well done to rdarnz, you're the SummerSlam Prediction Contest winner!

user posted image

RAW & Smackdown! Present

WWE SummerSlam

Live on pay-per-view

August 21st, 2005

---------------------------------------------------

WWE SummerSlam

Length: 3 Hours

Pay-Per-View: Yes (North America)

Brand: RAW & Smackdown!

Level Of Hype: Large

Amount Of Hype: 2 Months

Tonight's Location: Washington

Affluence: 89.4%

Interested Population: 29,000

Casual Fans: 13,079

Hardcore Fans: 1,911

Pure Fans: 2,738

Old School Fans: 7,562

MMA Fans: 796

Womens Fans: 6,002

Popularity: 75.1%

---------------------------------------------------

SummerSlam

(4 Minutes)

This joint-brand pay-per-view was kicked off, as all pay-per-views are, by an opening video. The music played was the official SummerSlam theme 'Get It Poppin'' by Fat Joe and Nelly. The video started off with a dusk-scene of a beach, the sun setting on the horizon. The picture flickered and then switched to footage of John Cena spinning the WWE logo on his custom WWE Championship before changing to a clip of Eddie Guerrero, looking angry with his nose wrinkled up. We then switched to a clip of Edge hitting the Spear and finally footage of Batista connecting with the Batista Bomb and raising the World Heavyweight Championship up in the air. A voice-over then said 'And now, RAW and Smackdown! present... WWE SummerSlam'. The RAW and Smackdown! logos shot across the screen and the SummerSlam logo followed before we went live to the MCI Center. Lots and lots of pyro exploded from the SummerSlam set, which had a huge spinning SummerSlam logo above the entrance, a couple of large palm trees to the side and a rectangular screen (above the spinning logo).

Overall Rating = 81.8%

RAW Hype

(1 Minute)

After the pyro had engulfed the arena in smoke, we went ramp-side and to the RAW broadcast team, Jim Ross and Jerry 'The King' Lawler. J.R. welcomed us to the joint-brand pay-per-view extravaganza that was SummerSlam. He and Lawler then briefly ran down RAW's main matches including the World Heavyweight Championship match between current holder Batista and challenger Edge. They then handed things over to the Smackdown! broadcast team.

Overall Rating = 75.1%

Smackdown! Side Of Things

(1 Minute)

Michael Cole and Tazz thanked the RAW team and said that RAW had some pretty good matches lined up, but Smackdown! had the better line-up. The two quickly ran through the Smackdown! matches before we officially got underway with our first match of the evening.

Overall Rating = 68.6%

user posted image

Natural Born Thrillers vs. MNM © w/Melina

(17 Minutes)

Mark Jindrak and Johnny Nitro began the match with a lock-up in the middle of the ring, Nitro grabbing a headlock but being sent off into the ropes. He came back with a shoulder block to take Jindrak down. Nitro jumped over Jindrak, coming off of the ropes straight into a powerslam. Jindrak then tossed Nitro into his corner and tagged in Sean O'Haire. O'Haire clobbered Nitro across the back and then flung him across the ring with a release vertical suplex. O'Haire got a near fall from the suplex and then hit an elbow drop. O'Haire then raised Nitro to a vertical base, but caught a knee in the ribs and Nitro was able to reach out and tag Mercury. MNM double teamed O'Haire, sending him into the ropes and smashing him in the jaw with a double elbow. Mercury stomped away at Sean and hit a couple of elbows to the back before using a modified leg scissors around O'Haire's head. O'Haire, however, was able to roll forwards and make the tag to Jindrak who came in and stomped on Mercury. Nitro illegally entered, but got a straight left hand from Jindrak and rolled out of the ring. Jindrak used some knife-edge chops on Mercury in the corner and then sent his opponent crashing into the opposite turnbuckles. He charged in with a side kick in mind, but Mercury dodged and Jindrak hung himself up over the turnbuckle before being taken to the mat with a chop block. Nitro tagged in and continued to wear down the leg of Jindrak, using some elbows to the knee and a leg lock to stretch the leg. Jindrak was able to get to his feet and hit an enziguri, but Mercury jumped into the ring and stopped him from tagging O'Haire. MNM then double-teamed Jindrak in the corner with kicks and chops. Mercury was now the legal man, and he hit a sidewalk slam for a near fall. Nitro tagged in and drove his knee into Jindrak's injured leg multiple times. Mercury tagged in, MNM showing veteran tag team tactics by keeping a fresh man in the ring. Mercury propped Jindrak's leg on the bottom rope and dropped an elbow onto it four times. Nitro came in off the tag, but his double team with Mercury was thwarted as Jindrak nailed them both a double diving shoulder block. Jindrak crawled to his corner and made the tag to O'Haire! O'Haire sent MNM packing, but the referee forced him to go back out to the apron - Melina had distracted referee Jim Korderas, so he hadn't seen the tag. MNM continued to work on Jindrak's leg, stomping viciously away. Mercury tied Jindrak up in an STF, but Jindrak was able to battle out and get to a vertical base. A couple of elbows to the ribs of Mercury gave Jindrak some space, enough to hit a big boot after running off the ropes. Both men were down and crawling towards their partners. Jindrak got the 'hot' tag, but before Mercury could make his tag, O'Haire dashed into the ring and punched Nitro from the apron. He picked Mercury up and sent him across the ring to the ropes, rocking him with a big backbreaker on his way back. Nitro slid back into the ring, but was met with a couple of punches from O'Haire. Nitro got a knee to the ribs in and quickly climbed to the top rope. He dived off, but O'Haire ducked and Nitro jumped straight first into a Jindrak left-hand, knocking him out cold. Jindrak dragged him to a corner as O'Haire ascended the turnbuckles. Nitro became a victim of the Seanton Bomb, but he wasn't the legal man. Jindrak turned straight into a shot with the tag team title belt from Mercury. O'Haire received the same treatment and the referee had no choice but to ring the bell. The Natural Born Thrillers were awarded the victory, but MNM had escaped with the tag team titles. Melina helped Nitro and Mercury to the back as Jindrak and O'Haire recovered in the ring.

Winners: Natural Born Thrillers (via DQ, MNM retain)

Match Reaction = 69.9%

Match Quality = 67.7%

Overall Rating = 67.1%

user posted image

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Christy Hemme vs. Trish Stratus vs. Lita vs. Victoria

(12 Minutes)

Referee Chad Patton was assigned this battle over the vacant WWE Women's Championship belt. The rules were that two divas would be allowed in the ring at one time, the other two would have to wait on the apron until tagged in. Trish Stratus and Victoria began the match, Trish taking control in her first match in quite a few months. She flung Victoria across the ring and then pounded her head into the mat before grabbing a headlock on her. Victoria elbowed out and ran to the ropes, but came back into a sleeper hold by Trish. Before the hold could take full effect, though, Victoria was able to escape in the way of a back drop. She then dragged Trish to a corner and tagged in Lita. Lita entered the ring and hit a quick leg drop for a 2 count. Lita picked Trish up, but was nailed with some forearms. Stratus went to run to the ropes, but she was pulled to the mat by her hair and Lita stomped away. Lita then hooked Trish's legs and catapulted her into the corner, but she didn't let go and Trish smashed into the turnbuckles before falling back and landing on Lita's knees. Victoria tagged in and joined Lita in a double team of Trish. It went pair-shaped, though, as Christy entered the ring and clotheslined both Lita and Victoria as Trish ducked the double clothesline attempt. The referee couldn't prevent things breaking down into a four-way brawl as forearms, slaps and hair pulls were exchanged between all of the divas. Lita and Trish tumbled to the outside and began to fight out of the ring. Lita whipped Trish to the steps, but it was reversed and Lita was the one who went crashing into the steel. In the ring, Victoria nailed Christy with the Widow's Peak, but Christy wasn't the legal woman. Trish, who was the legal woman, slid into the ring from behind and hit a DDT on Victoria for a 2 count. Trish and Victoria then exchanged chops before Trish rolled her opponent up with a small package. The referee's hand was just coming down for the third time when Christy intervened, breaking up the count. She hit her own DDT on Trish before being taken out by a Twist Of Fate from Lita, who had just climbed back into the ring. Lita dragged Victoria over to a corner, stepped out of the ring and tagged herself back in. Lita planted Victoria with a moonsault from the top rope. Victoria and Christy were seemingly out of things now, as they lay motionless on the mat. Lita turned around... and narrowly ducked a Chick Kick - which clocked referee Chad Patton. Trish then planted Lita with the Stratusphere, but Patton was still down. Trish shook Patton awake and then signalled to the back for another referee. Jack Doan slid into the ring as Trish was taken out from behind. Lita hit a powerbomb on Trish, but couldn't capitalise, she was lying on her back with Trish's legs on her, and Trish was lying on her back with Lita's legs on her. Jack Doan counted the 3 as did Chad Patton. The problem was that Doan had counted for Lita as Patton counted for Trish. Doan raised Lita's hand as Patton raised Trish's. After a couple of minutes disputing, Lita blindsided Trish and knocked her out with the Women's title belt. Lita then left ringside, the Women's title in her grasp and a big grin on her face. But who was the real Women's champion?

Winner: Trish/Lita

Match Reaction = 67.7%

Match Quality = 42.0%

Overall Rating = 61.1%

'The Nature Boy' Is Back And In Triple H's Corner

(4 Minutes)

We cut backstage where Todd Grisham was standing with Triple H. Grisham gets half-way into a question when he's interrupted by a loud "Woooo!". Ric Flair walks into the picture in a smart suit and pats Triple H on the shoulder, who was smiling. Flair said that he's excited because tonight 'The Nature Boy' returns to WWE television and gets to be in the corner of the best wrestler in the world today, Triple H. Triple H said that Flair was right, he was the best wrestler in the world today and that meant that Shelton Benjamin would not be walking away from SummerSlam victorious. Tonight, 'The Game' said, he's going to go out to that ring beat Shelton Benjamin from pillar to post until he's begging for mercy. Then he's going to hit the Pedigree, get the three count, and walk out of SummerSlam with his goal re-focused on the World Heavyweight Championship. He and Flair walked off, but a moment later Flair walked back into the picture and yelled another "Woooo!" in Todd Grisham's face, the crowd repeating it throughout the arena.

Overall Rating = 100.0%

user posted image

Paul London vs. Super Crazy vs. Tajiri vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Elix Skipper vs. Juventud ©

(15 Minutes)

After switching to the RAW commentary team for the second match of the night, we go back to the Smackdown! broadcast team of Michael Cole and Tazz for commentary on this cruiserweight battle. We were told the rules of the match just before the action got underway. Anything would be legal on the outside of the ring and a wrestler could only be eliminated via pinfall, submission or disqualification inside the ring.

All six competitors were ready to wrestle, standing in fighting stances as the bell rang. Four of them then rushed together and started brawling as Chavo Guerrero and Juventud slid out of the ring, taking the cheap way out. They grinned, pleased with themselves, but then noticed that the other had done the same thing. The two got face-to-face and exchanged slaps before being taken out by Super Crazy who leapt from the ring, over the top rope onto both of them. The three of them staggered to their feet but were almost immediately straight back down as Paul London hit a slingshot dive onto all of them. The four got to a vertical base as Tajiri threatened to leap from the ring, but instead handsprung against the ropes and hit Elix Skipper with a back elbow. The action spilled to the outside as all six competitors brawled. Tajiri broke away from the group and yelled something in Japanese, attracting the other five's attention. 'The Japanese Buzzsaw' then spat green mist into all five's faces! Chavo Guerrero went around to the other side of the ring and picked up a steel chair, green powder smothering his face and chest. He swung the chair at Tajiri, but Tajiri ducked and the chair clocked Super Crazy. Chavo turned to have the chair kicked in his face by Tajiri. Elix Skipper took advantage of Super Crazy from here, rolling him into the ring and laying him out with the Play Of The Day to make the first elimination. Skipper then tangled with Chavo in the ring. On the outside, Juventud had grabbed his belt and was walking away, but he was stopped by London and Tajiri. Juvi was double suplexed on the ramp and then thrown into the steel ring steps. Tajiri then attacked London with some lethal kicks. One kick to the skull temporarily knocked out London. Tajiri springboarded into the ring with a dropkick that Chavo ducked, but he still got Skipper who tumbled out of the other side of the ring. Chavo rolled-up Tajiri, but only got 2 and then received a stiff kick to the jaw for his troubles. London had climbed onto the apron and pulled Tajiri towards him. Tajiri tried to shoulder London away, but London dodged it and leg dropped Tajiri, hanging him throat-first over the second rope. London jumped into the ring and planted Chavo with a northern lights suplex for a near fall. Chavo recovered and went for the Gory Bomb, but London countered and then hit Guerrero with a swinging neckbreaker. London dragged Chavo towards the corner and then went up-top, coming off with the London Calling (shooting star press)! Chavo was eliminated after a 3 count. On the outside of the ring, Juventud waffled Tajiri with a steel chair and Skipper put him to the mat with a full nelson slam. Skipper then dodged a Juvi chair shot attempt and connected with a big kick to the jaw. 'Primetime' rolled Tajiri into the ring and hit a top rope leg drop to eliminate him. London looked to hit a springboard move, but was cut off as Juventud dropped him groin-first onto the top rope. Skipper then climbed the corner and amazingly walked along the top rope, throwing London off with a hurricanrana! 'The Juice' then went up-top and hit a 450 Splash on London to eliminate him! Juvi then went to work on Skipper with some forearms, but crumpled to the mat after a big boot had been sent his way. Skipper then looked for a spinebuster (alabama slam-style), but Juvi rolled through and rolled up Skipper, gripping the top rope for leverage. Referee Charles Robinson didn't see the cheating and counted the 3! Juventud had scraped a victory. Skipper went crazy in the ring, yelling at Robinson as Juventud stumbled up the ramp, Cruiserweight Championship in his arms.

Winner: Juventud

(Match Reaction = 71.3%

Match Quality = 82.7%

Overall Rating = 80.1%

user posted image

Chris Benoit vs. Muhammad Hassan © w/Daivari

(15 Minutes)

Again we switched broadcast teams, going over to Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler for commentary on the WWE Intercontinental Championship match. This heated confrontation got underway quickly, Muhammad Hassan wasting no time in stomping on Chris Benoit and trying to get an early advantage. 'The Crippler' fought back with some of the best knife-edge chops the business has seen. The sound of flesh chopping flesh echoed throughout the arena as Hassan was forced into the corner. Benoit whipped Hassan, but it was reversed and he was the one slamming into the turnbuckles. Benoit came straight out, dodged a knee attack and rolled Hassan up for barely a 2 count. Hassan caught Benoit with some stiff kicks to the ribs, but Benoit came back with more chops and a snap suplex for another 2. Benoit then locked on the Sharpshooter. Hassan's expression was one of pain as he crawled and barely grasped the bottom rope. Benoit let go and stomped on the champion. Daivari got up onto the apron and Benoit tossed him into the ring. Benoit locked Daivari in the Crossface, but Hassan broke it up with a nasty kick to the head. Hassan then deliberately choked the challenger, using as much of the 5 count as he could. Hassan was now in control of the match and he wore Benoit down with a sleeper hold. Benoit nearly faded completely after the hold had been locked in for a good three or more minutes, but he battled back and dropped Hassan with a back suplex. Both men staggered to their feet as Daivari screamed Hassan on from ringside. Benoit took charge, though, stinging the Intercontinental champion's chest with yet more knife-edge chops. Hassan took a wild swing, but was captured in a waistlock and drilled with a German suplex. Benoit kept his hands locked and delivered another German, then another and another after that. Benoit went for a fifth, but Hassan held on to the top rope. As the referee tried to persuade Hassan to let go of the rope, the champion hit a muel kick on the challenger, Benoit stumbled backwards clutching his groin. Hassan smiled and picked Benoit up, but was in for a shock as Benoit quickly went behind him and delivered the fifth German suplex! Hassan was down, as was Benoit. Benoit, still reeling from the effects of the sneaky low blow by Muhammad, pulled himself up using the ropes and gingerly stepped out onto the apron and climbed to the top rope. Daivari tried to intervene, but was headbutted from the apron. Benoit dived off with his patented diving headbutt, but Hassan was able to roll out of the way just in time. Benoit's head bounced off of the mat and Hassan took the opportunity to make a pinfall attempt, but he could only manage 2 and a half. Hassan then stomped on Benoit and threw him shoulder-first into the ring post, sending him crashing onto the apron. He then hung Benoit's shoulder over the top rope, snapping it with force and sending Benoit to the outside, where Daivari stomped on him as Hassan distracted referee Jack Doan. Muhammad then went to the outside and sent Benoit shoulder-first into the ring post before tieing the injured arm around the post in a unique shoulder lock. Back in the ring, Hassan applied a wrist lock and wrenched the arm, further damaging Benoit's shoulder. Hassan wrapped Benoit's arm up in a unique submission hold, putting pressure on the shoulder. Benoit managed to fight back, though and tripped Hassan before locking in the Sharpshooter! Benoit couldn't hold the move on for long though as his shoulder was in too much pain. Hassan looked for his modified STO, but Benoit blocked it and connected with a vertical suplex. Another German suplex followed and Benoit quickly went to the top rope and came off, this time connecting with the Diving Headbutt! Benoit could not capitalise, though. Both men got to their feet and Hassan received some more knife-edge chops. Benoit whipped Hassan, but Hassan reversed and used his shoulder to bump Benoit's and then hit the modified STO. Hassan made the 'cut-throat' sign and went for the Camel Clutch, but Benoit quickly grasped Hassan's arm and slithered into the Crossface! Hassan tried to reach the ropes, but couldn't so he tried to roll out of the move, but Benoit held on, injured shoulder and all. In the end, Hassan had no choice but to smack the mat. Benoit released the hold quickly and held his injured shoulder, clearly in a lot of pain. The referee handed him the Intercontinental Championship and he walked back up the ramp, victorious.

Winner: Chris Benoit (NEW WWE Intercontinental Champion)

Match Reaction = 74.4%

Match Quality = 79.6%

Overall Rating = 80.6%

Big Taunting

(5 Minutes)

Big Show's music blared around the arena and the seven foot, five hundred pound monster made his way to the ring. The crowd jeered loudly as Big Show stepped over the top rope and took a microphone. Show laughed and mocked Chris Jericho, replaying the footage of him being attacked by Show the other week and laughing that he couldn't make it to SummerSlam. As Big Show continued to talk, Chris Jericho jumped out from the crowd and slid into the ring. Big Show turned and was waffled with a running enziguri by 'Y2J'. Jericho stomped on Show and pummelled him. Show battled back, pushing Jericho away into the corner. Show charged, but Jericho dodged it and levelled Show with a facebuster. Holding his ribs, Jericho got up and hit the Lionsault! Big Show rolled out of the ring and numerous officials and backstage crew rushed out to stop Jericho doing any more damage. 'Y2J' paced the ring and ripped off his shirt revealing a heavily bandaged abdomen. Big Show staggered to the back as the fans chanted "Y-2-J!".

Overall Rating = 73.6%

Recap Video

(3 Minutes)

A video recapping the rivalry between Shelton Benjamin and 'The Game' Triple H was shown. The video began with the endings of Triple H's three losses to Batista and then Shelton coming out and challenging Triple H to a match, reminding 'The Game' that he was yet to beat Shelton. The 'Gauntlet To The Game' was then briefly explained by Jim Ross as footage from the first match between Shelton Benjamin and The Big Show was shown, followed by Shelton versus Ric Flair and Shelton versus Snitsky. The encounters between 'The Game' and Benjamin since the 'Gauntlet To The Game' finished ended the video.

Overall Rating = 81.0%

user posted image

Shelton Benjamin vs. Triple H w/Ric Flair

(18 Minutes)

Shelton Benjamin made his way to the ring first and rested in the far corner of the ring, waiting patiently as Triple H made his entrance. 'The Game' did his usual entrance, slowly walking around the ring, taking a sip of water and throwing the bottle into the crowd before climbing onto the apron. Before he was able to spit out the water and pose, Shelton Benjamin came at him with a knee to the ribs, sending him crashing into the security barrier while spraying the first row with water. Shelton leaped over the top rope, landing on his opponent. The pre-match assault continued (the bell hadn't been rung, as Triple H was yet to actually entered the ring) with Benjamin slamming Triple H into the ring steps and then threatening Flair, who took off his jacket and threw it at Shelton. Shelton squared up to 'The Nature Boy', but Triple H came from behind and shoved him into the ring post before rolling him into the ring to get the match officially underway. He tried a quick pin, but Benjamin got a shoulder up. Triple H mounted Benjamin and began to pound away at his skull. Referee Earl Hebner stopped the punches and warned Triple H to keep his fist open. 'The Game' squared up to the referee, but Earl didn't back down, pointing to the badge on his shirt. This gave Shelton the chance to fight back, which he did with some strong forearms and right hand shots. Benjamin ran off the ropes, but was caught by a high-knee attack. Triple H began to methodically pick Shelton apart in the corner with some right hands and knees to the gut. Benjamin showed his resiliency and came back with some more right hands, but a clothesline from him was ducked and Shelton was taken to the mat by the way of a neckbreaker. 'The Game' then came out of the corner with a knee drop to the skull of his opponent, getting a 2 count. Triple H locked in a rear chin lock, while sitting atop Benjamin to put pressure on the neck and back. A forearm across the face stunned Shelton and a vertical suplex put him to the mat. Triple H then distracted the referee as Ric Flair choked Shelton over the bottom rope. Flair walked away, looking innocent but the referee had his suspicions. Triple H then brought Shelton back into the middle of the ring and hit a double-arm DDT for a near fall. A snapmare took Benjamin to the mat again. Triple H got another rear chin lock, but this time Shelton was sitting up and Triple H's knee was place firmly against Shelton's spine. Benjamin eventually countered, slowly getting to his feet and elbowing his way out of the hold. He tried a running attack but was planted by Triple H's facebuster. Triple H then cockily set up for the Pedigree, signalling it was all over. It wasn't, though, as Shelton powered out with a back drop and levelled his opponent with a superkick. Triple H rolled to the outside and met with Flair, discussing strategy. Triple H re-entered the ring but fell victim to a Shelton Benjamin cross-body block and a 2 count. Shelton went for a side kick, but Triple H caught his foot and spun him around, only to have Benjamin's foot come back and smack him in the head - the Dragon Whip! Triple H rolled to the outside again, Benjamin close behind. Shelton hit a suplex on the mats but then had an Irish whip reversed and he was sent flying into the ring post. Back in the ring, Triple H went for an axe handle from the second rope, but was met by a right hand, flipping him over. Shelton then quickly climbed up-top and connected with a flying clothesline and a near fall. Benjamin nailed Triple H with a neckbreaker and then a springboard bulldog for a 2 count. 'The Game' stumbled into the corner and Shelton hit the Stinger Splash! Triple H staggered into the T-Bone Suplex! Shelton hooked the leg... but there was no count as the referee was occupied with Ric Flair on the apron. Shelton got up and Flair just managed to dodge a punch, jumping off of the apron. Shelton was then rolled up by Triple H, who was gripping the tights, but it was just a 2 count. Shelton missed a clothesline and was then drilled with the Pedigree! Triple H rolled into the cover... but again there was no count as the referee was distracted by Ric Flair. Triple H stood up and yelled at Flair. 'The Nature Boy' dropped off the apron and Triple H went to the ropes and yelled at him. Flair then turned around and clocked Triple H with a pair of brass knuckles! 'The Game' was sent staggering back into Shelton's grip and the T-Bone Suplex followed! Earl Hebner dropped to his knees and slammed his hand to the mat 3 times! Ric Flair cast a long meaningful look back at Triple H before walking away, without explaining his actions.

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

Match Reaction = 83.4%

Match Quality = 82.0%

Overall Rating = 81.3%

R-K-O...R-I-P

(2 Minutes)

As Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler discussed the previous match , the arena lights cut out and an eerie blue light filled the MCI Center. On the screen, numerous flickering images were played until the letters 'RKO' faded onto the screen. The Undertaker's voice then spoke over the video, saying that Randy Orton would 'rest in peace' at Unforgiven. The three letters changed from 'RKO' to 'RIP' and the Unforgiven logo appeared underneath them. The picture flickered to other multiple images of The Undertaker and gothic symbols before cutting out and the arena lights returned to their normal status.

Overall Rating = 86.0%

Recap Video

(3 Minutes)

White words faded onto a black screen to begin the video. The words said:

"Royal Rumble

January 30, 2005"

The footage of Shawn Michaels eliminating Kurt Angle from the Royal Rumble match was shown, and the ensuing assault from the Olympic Gold Medalist.

"WrestleMania 21

April 3, 2005"

Brief highlights of their epic clash at WrestleMania 21 followed, Angle finally forcing HBK to tap out.

"The Great American Bash

July 24, 2005"

The second encounter between Kurt and Shawn was briefly recapped, Michaels getting the victory.

"SummerSlam

August 21, 2005"

A clip of Angle and Michaels standing nose-to-nose was played in slow motion as the words 'The Decider' came up across the bottom.

Overall Rating = 82.0%

user posted image

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle

(26 Minutes)

The crowd was buzzing as the bell signalled the beginning of the match and the two participants stared at each other from across the ring. They walked towards the middle of the ring and stood nose-to-nose, the fans beginning to chant "H-B-K! H-B-K!". Kurt Angle then cockily shoved Shawn Michaels in the face, but the 'Heart Break Kid' came back with a big forearm, and then two more. Angle was rocked, but came back with some hard right hand shots. Blows were exchanged and then a knife-edge chop from Michaels stung the chest of his opponent. Angle came back with a chop of his own and this continued for about half a minute. Angle broke the pattern with a knee to the gut before smashing HBK head-first into the top turnbuckle. HBK stumbled out of the corner after a clothesline - right into the Angle Slam! Kurt then quickly applied the Ankle Lock, but Shawn rolled through, sending Angle into the corner. Angle charged back, but was dumped over the top rope with a back body drop. Michaels took a moment to recuperate from the Angle Slam and then slung himself over the top rope, but only onto the apron, and then hit an asai moonsault! Referee Nick Patrick came outside as Michaels got back up and slammed Kurt onto the Smackdown! commentary table, forcing Michael Cole and Tazz to evacuate their positions. HBK ripped off the table top, removed the monitors and ripped a couple of cables out of the way. Angle then came out of nowhere, blindsiding Michaels with a forearm to the side of the head. The Olympic Gold Medalist then hooked up a suplex, but it was blocked and he was driven to the mat with a snap variation. Michaels then rolled his foe onto the table before climbing back into the ring and ascending the turnbuckles. The crowd got to their feet as 'The Showstopper' slowly climbed to the top. Angle was able to roll off the table in time and quickly scamper up onto the apron and onto the second rope. He immediately grabbed HBK and jumped backwards, driving Shawn through the commentary table with an unbelievable Angle Slam! Sections of the crowd began to chant "Holy shit!" as Michael Cole and Tazz went crazy on commentary, not being able to believe what had just happened. The referee checked on both men; Angle was just about moving but Michaels hadn't moved a bit. The referee signalled for medics to come and take a look at Michaels and the match was stopped for a few minutes. Angle had fully recovered, though, and he wasn't going to wait any longer. The 'Olympic hero' shoved the EMTs aside and sent Michaels crashing into the ring steps before rolling his motionless body back into the ring. Despite Nick Patrick's disapproval, Angle lifted Michaels up and slammed him to the mat yet again with the Angle Slam. Angle confidently sat by Michaels with just an arm covering him. The referee slid to the mat and counted - 1, 2, HBK miraculously kicked out! Angle couldn't believe it and he went for another Angle Slam, but Michaels countered with an arm drag. Michael Cole wondered where Michaels was getting this energy from as HBK delivered a couple of clotheslines and a scoop slam to his opponent. Shawn slowly made his way up to the top rope, but was cut off again by Angle. Kurt tried an Angle Slam from the top, but Shawn stopped him and elbowed him to the mat. Michaels leaped off with the elbow drop, but it didn't connect! Angle locked in a body scissors and clubbed away at his opponent's face. HBK battled back, the crowd willing him on, but he was slammed to the mat via a hair pull. Angle then raised Michaels to a vertical base and threw him across the ring with a belly-to-belly overhead suplex. Another one followed and a 2 count ensued. Angle whipped HBK across the ring, but was hit with a flying forearm. Both men were down, but only for a few moments before Michaels nipped up, much to the crowd's delight. HBK connected with some punches and then an inverted atomic drop before a clothesline sent Angle to the canvas. Shawn's rally was cut short, though, as countered a hurricanrana attempt into a big powerbomb. Angle didn't let go, though, and locked in the Ankle Lock! Michaels rolled through again, but Angle held on, keeping the hold cinched in. Michaels finally got to the ropes, but Angle wouldn't break the lock, and he pulled him back to the middle of the ring. HBK rolled through again and this time sent Angle flying - squashing the referee in the corner. Kurt surveyed the damage to the official and turned around - straight into the Sweet Chin Music! Angle was completely out and Michaels collapsed on top of him, but the referee was still out of it. Shawn made a weak effort to revive the referee, but it didn't work. Angle was able to roll out of the ring and brought a chair in moments later. Shawn staggered to his feet and Angle swung the chair, waffling the 'Heart Break Kid'. Angle tossed the chair aside and ruthlessly picked up the referee. Angle went for the cover and Nick Patrick was able to make a very slow count - 1...2...no! Some how, HBK kicked out yet again. Kurt hooked up a suplex, but Shawn blocked it and went for his own. Angle was able to flip out though and drilled Michaels with not one, not two, but three German suplexes in a row. Angle signalled it was over and pulled down his singlet straps. He then proceeded to again wrench Michaels' ankle into an painful position. Michaels was once more able to roll through, slinging Angle into the ropes and getting a 2 count from a roll-up. Angle came back with some punches, but Michaels ducked one attempt and drilled Angle with a German suplex. 'The Showstopper' then climbed up-top once more, this time successful with his elbow drop attempt. Michaels stomped in the corner as Angle groggily stood up. The Sweet Chin Music connected, but Angle kicked out of the pinfall attempt! Michaels went for the move again, out of frustration, but Angle dodged it and set up for the Angle Slam. This was countered too, though, and Shawn hit Kurt with the Angle Slam! HBK went for the Sweet Chin Music yet again, but Angle caught the foot, swung Michaels around and missed a clothesline. He turned to further attack, but was clocked with the Sweet Chin Music! Michaels fell into the cover - 1, 2, 3! Shawn Michaels won the match, finishing his saga with Angle and leaving SummerSlam with the two matches to one victory.

Winner: Shawn Michaels

Match Reaction = 82.0%

Match Quality = 73.8%

Overall Rating = 87.5%

If You Want Some...

(5 Minutes)

Josh Matthews stood backstage with the current WWE Champion, John Cena. Matthews asked Cena his thoughts going into his match against Eddie Guerrero next. Cena said he knew Eddie lies, cheats and steals, but tonight and any other night that would not be quite good enough to take the WWE title away from him. The Chain-Gang were at SummerSlam in their thousands and they would all be chanting "Eddie sucks!" in a few minutes time, according to Cena. After some more harsh words about the challenger, Cena finished off the interview with a message for Guerrero... "if you want some.... come get some!".

Overall Rating = 82.0%

Recap Video

(3 Minutes)

The recent rivalry between WWE Champion John Cena and Eddie Guerrero was recapped in a short video. It showed Eddie challenging Cena after The Great American Bash, both men's time in Piper's Pit and also the physical encounters they had over the last couple of weeks. The video finished with Eddie Guerrero looking at his SummerSlam opponent in the ring, Cena raising the WWE Championship belt above his head.

Overall Rating = 81.8%

user posted image

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

John Cena © vs. Eddie Guerrero

(20 Minutes)

John Cena's entrance sent the crowd into a frenzy and Eddie Guerrero to the outside of the ring. Eddie didn't want any part of Cena to begin with, circling the ring and ignoring the referee's instructions to enter. Cena had had enough and he slid to the outside and clobbered Guerrero over the back with some forearms. Cena brought the action into the ring and the match officially got underway with the champion pounding away on the challenger in the corner. Cena connected with a couple of knife-edge chops but then had his Irish whip reversed. The champ hit the turnbuckles, but came out of the corner strong with a big clothesline taking down the opponent. Cena continued to have control, dropping Guerrero with a big back body drop and then knocking him out of the ring with a clothesline. The champ followed and the beating continued on the outside. Eddie got a breather after he sneakily raked the eyes of his opponent. The challenger then charged and took down Cena with a hurricanrana before heading back into the ring. Cena bounced off the ropes and was clobbered with a dropkick for a 2 count. Eddie connected with multiple knife-edge chops before nailing his opponent with a back suplex. Eddie wrapped up Cena with an elevated single-leg crab, applying the pressure by leaning back. Fortunately for Cena, he wasn't too far away from the ropes and he got there quickly, forcing the break. Eddie continued to work on the legs of John Cena, utilising numerous leg locks to wear them down. Guerrero looked to be going for the Texas cloverleaf, but Cena managed to reach up and score a near fall with a small package. Eddie then stomped on Cena before hitting an elbow drop. The challenger grabbed the champion and planted him on the top turnbuckle, following up with a frankensteiner for a 2 count! Cena looked to be out of it, when an Eddie clothesline went wild and Cena waffled his foe with a spinning-out powerbomb. Both men were down and the referee started to count. He made it to a count of 6 before Eddie was up and Cena was to his feet moments later. Guerrero charged, but was flapjacked onto the top turnbuckle. Cena then levelled the opponent with a couple of clotheslines and a DDT for a very near fall. Cena then went for the F-U, but his legs gave way and Eddie was able to get a 2 count from a roll-up. Cena tried to continue some offense, but Eddie went back to the legs and hit a dropkick to the knee to take down the champ. Eddie then locked in the Texas cloverleaf submission move. Cena endured a good three minutes of the hold, but he eventually managed to grasp the bottom rope. Cena looked to be easy pickings now, and Eddie cockily lifted him up to his feet and connected with a vertical suplex. He held on, swung the hips and hit a second before doing the same thing again and completing the Three Amigos suplex combination. Eddie slowly made his way out onto the apron and played to the crowd before ascending the turnbuckles. Once on the top rope, Eddie taunted some more, but it cost him as Cena had the time to get to his feet and join Guerrero on the top rope. The champion then brought Guerrero back into the ring with a huge top-rope superplex and managed to drape an arm over for the cover, but only a 2. Eddie tried to battle back, but was dropped with a spinebuster and then fell victim to the Five Knuckle Shuffle! Cena was feeling it and he lifted Eddie onto his shoulders, accidentally knocking down referee Brian Hebner in the process. The F-U connected, but there was no one to make the count. Cena tried to revive the referee, but was hit with a low blow by Eddie. Eddie then exited the ring and grabbed the ring bell, bringing the foreign object back into the ring. Cena took a shot with the bell to the back of the head, Guerrero looking pleased with himself. Eddie then rolled Cena onto his back and positioned him for the Frog Splash. Guerrero came off with the Frog Splash, but Cena moved and put the ring bell in the way - Eddie crashed head-first into the bell! Cena picked up the bell as Eddie staggered to his feet, bleeding. The referee came to at this point and saw Cena with the bell and Eddie, staggering around and bleeding profusely. The referee put two and two together and called for the disqualification. Cena yelled at Hebner, but he got nowhere. He was given his title as Eddie was announced the winner. Eddie was still staggering around the ring. Cena looked at him, dropped his belt and hit Eddie with the F-U before leaving the ring!

Winner: Eddie Guerrero (via DQ, Cena retains)

Match Reaction = 80.6%

Match Quality = 85.0%

Overall Rating = 87.8%

Recap Video

(4 Minutes)

The events between World Heavyweight Champion Batista and Edge were recapped. It all began the night after Vengeance when Edge used his 'Money In The Bank' title shot, winning the match, but not the title. The following week on RAW Edge attacked Batista during Carlito's Cabana, further showing his intentions of becoming World Heavyweight Champion. Edge pinning Batista in a tag team match was also shown, the challenger holding the World title in the air afterwards. The edition of Carlito's Cabana with both men on the show was next to be recapped, Edge attacking Batista yet again. The video ended with last Monday's RAW main event as Edge's interference went amiss leading to Batista beating Carlito and a stare down between 'The Animal' and 'Mr. Money In The Bank'. The main event was up next.

Overall Rating = 76.0%

user posted image

Batista © vs. Edge w/Lita

(22 Minutes)

Lita, with the WWE Women's Championship on her shoulder, accompanied Edge to the ring, who looked ready and focused. Batista followed shortly, World Heavyweight Championship around his waist and a huge "Ba-tis-ta!" chant echoing around the MCI Center. Batista soaked in the reception from his hometown fans and made his way into the ring. He stared at Edge from across the ring as the referee held the title up in the air, signalling that it was on the line in this match. The bell was rung and we were underway. The two competitors circled each other before tying up in the middle of the ring. The champion showed his strength by shoving Edge to the mat and flexing his muscles. Edge shook off the early setback and again engaged in a tie-up. The same thing happened again, Edge being thrown ruthlessly to the canvas. After a few more moments of thinking, Edge once more tied up with his opponent in the center of the ring. Before Batista could do anything this time, Edge rocked him with a knee to the gut and wrapped him up in a headlock. The challenger held the lock tightly, forcing Batista to one knee. Batista then shoved Edge off into the ropes and flattened him with a shoulder block. Edge slid under Batista and connected with a standing dropkick, getting a 2 count from referee Mike Chioda. Edge locked on another headlock, but Batista got up and back dropped him to the canvas. The champion shook off the cobwebs and traded some punches with the challenger, getting the better end of the exchange and sending Edge into the corner. Batista whipped Edge across the ring, sending him crashing into the turnbuckles. He followed up with a clothesline and a full nelson slam for a near fall. Batista backed Edge into the corner and delivered some hard shoulders to the mid-section. Edge then countered a suplex attempt into a suplex of his own and quickly applied the Edgecator! Batista managed to power out and kick Edge away, but his following charge went amiss and 'The Animal' hit the steel ring post. Edge rolled him up, but only got 2. The match spilled to the outside with Edge landing an elbow drop off of the apron and taking Batista to the floor with an inverted DDT. Edge used the steel ring steps, apron and security barrier to inflict more damage upon his opponent before bringing the action back into the ring. The challenger connected with a missile dropkick from the top rope, getting a near fall for his efforts. Edge then put the pressure on with a rear chin lock, digging his knee into Batista's back. The champion managed to battle back, getting to his feet and hitting some elbows to the gut. A shoulder block put the challenger down and a gorilla press slam put the champion seemingly firmly in control. Edge came back, though, ducking a clothesline and driving his opponent to the mat with the Edge-o-matic for a 2 count. Edge then sent Batista into the corner, but missed with a splash and received some kicks to the abdomen. Batista looked for a powerbomb, but Edge slid out of it and got a roll-up for a 2. Batista went for another powerbomb, but this one was countered by a hurricanrana, flinging the champion into the top turnbuckle. Edge then went to lift Batista onto his shoulders, but 'The Animal' escaped quickly and lifted Edge up onto his shoulders, slamming him to the canvas with an electric chair. The referee started a count which got to 7 before Batista could pull himself up. Edge looked to go for a powerbomb, but Batista picked him up, and then Edge rolled through into a pinfall attempt for another near fall. Batista staggered into the corner and then stopped Edge's charge with a devastating spinebuster, the sound of Edge hitting the mat was heard all around the arena! Batista fell into a cover, but couldn't get the 3. Edge came back with some knife-edge chops, but was cut off by a big forearm. The World Heavyweight Champion then shoved Edge between his legs, perhaps looking for the Batista Bomb. Edge landed some punches in mid-move which staggered the champ. Batista nearly fell backwards, but managed to keep his balance and walk forwards, driving Edge back-first into the turnbuckles with a huge powerbomb! The crowd went wild with the move and another "Ba-tis-ta!" chant erupted. Lita then stood on the apron as the referee checked on Edge. Batista received a slap across the face and then stared at Lita, who backed away off the apron and looked to regret her decision to intervene. As Batista was halfway through the ropes, though, he stopped and re-entered the ring. Trish Stratus ran down the ramp and clobbered Lita over the back of the head! Trish continued the assault, ramming Lita into the steel steps and then hitting the Stratusphere off of the steel steps! Trish picked up the Women's Title belt and left Lita being seen to by EMTs. As this was going on, Batista turned and was drilled with the Spear! Edge hooked the leg, but just got 2! Edge was irate with the referee, but nevertheless went back to work, hitting another Spear. Edge grinned and made the pin, but again Batista kicked out! Edge yelled and jumped around, berating the referee. He went for yet another Spear, but was clocked by a big boot. Batista then sent Edge across the ring and drilled him with a spinebuster on his way back. The champion did the 'thumbs up... thumbs down' taunt and then decimated Edge with the Batista Bomb! The crowd yelled along with the referee as he made the count, "One! Two! Three!". The referee raised Batista's arm high in the air and gave him the World Heavyweight Title. Batista had retained. Referee Mike Chioda helped Edge out of the ring as Batista stood on the second rope, posing and flexing for the fans with the World Heavyweight Championship still in his hands.

Winner: Batista

Match Reaction = 73.6%

Match Quality = 74.8%

Overall Rating = 46.4%

SummerSlam Rating: 77.9%

Attendance: 10,019

Wow... Second out of twenty-four, that makes me happy. Congratulations to rdarnz for getting full marks - must have a secret WWE 2005 dirtsheet or something. :P

Two DQs in one pay per view show where the challenger wins, but because of the DQ rule etcetera is a bit of a cop-out. If it builds to better things, who cares? The rest of the show was great - Michaels/Angle, Benjamin/HHH and Batista/Edge worth the buyrate itself. I'm surprised at the Women's title swerve and the fact it lead into the main event shows that this title will get more and more exposure! w00t!

I can't believe I got full marks on the prediction contest, not to say the show was predictable either. Anyway, is there a prize or something?

Aside fron the prediction contest, SummerSlam was an amazingly good read from beginning to end and at moments I could see certain wrestlers actually pulling off the particular move.

I was slightly surprised at Cena retaining due to a disqualification, but what could be expected really? Hopefully we'll see a Latino Street Fight re-match sometime?

As always, the graphics were of great quality and again, I look forward to reading more. You'll be at WrestleMania 22 in no time if you continue to update this diary as regularly as you currently are.