WWE 2005

alldaws1

Guest Prototype

Good Raw. Im looking forward to Vengeance. Undertaker was a big pick and Im anxious to see how you use him on Raw. Dreamer could be a good opponent for Masters for a bit, especially if you play up Dreamer's "never give up" attitude.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Raw, I don't know why it got such a low overall rating. I liked everything that happened on it except for Undertaker being picked. I wanted a bigger name but honestly I don't think theres anything for Taker on Raw and that shows with what you doing with him. I don't like the way you have him beating up the authority figures like that just randomly without reason.

Good show, but you need to work on your draft stuff...alot.

I liked Raw, I don't know why it got such a low overall rating. I liked everything that happened on it except for Undertaker being picked. I wanted a bigger name but honestly I don't think theres anything for Taker on Raw and that shows with what you doing with him. I don't like the way you have him beating up the authority figures like that just randomly without reason.

Good show, but you need to work on your draft stuff...alot.

A bigger name? The only person with more overness in my game is The Rock. There is no one bigger than The Undertaker. There will be things for Undertaker on RAW, otherwise I wouldn't have drafted him. The 'random' authority beatings were just something for Undertaker to do this week really, I didn't want to rush him into a mini feud and stick him in a match at Vengeance when he's only been on the brand for 5 minutes. Thanks for the feedback, though.

---------------------------------------------------

user posted image

WWE Smackdown! Preview

June 23rd, 2005

A big star was acquired by RAW last Monday when The Undertaker was drafted. Will Smackdown! pick up as big a superstar? We'll see this Thursday as the Draft Lottery continues.

In last week's main event, JBL walked out on his match against The Rock to be deliberately counted out. The Cabinet then took care of Rock and the WWE Champion John Cena. Theodore Long has made a six-man tag team match for the main event of the evening this week featuring JBL and The Bashams against The Rock, John Cena and the third Smackdown! pick in the 2005 Draft Lottery. Who it is we will not know until Thursday.

Rey Mysterio picked up a win over Psychosis last week. Both men will be a part of an 8-man Cruiserweight tournament to decide a number 1 contender to Paul London and his Cruiserweight Championship.

Booker T takes on Rene Dupree with his mind still likely on Kurt Angle. Will it affect his in-ring performance?

Big Show will be looking to get his hands on Carlito again this week. Carlito's guest on the Cabana will be none other than Smackdown! General Manager Theodore Long.

In a match for the United States Championship, Orlando Jordan defends the title against Smackdown! newcomer Lance Storm.

Don't miss Smackdown! this Thursday on UPN!

Confirmed Matches:

John Cena, The Rock & ??? vs. The Cabinet (JBL, Bashams)

Booker T vs. Rene Dupree

WWE United States Championship - Lance Storm vs Orlando Jordan ©

When I said a bigger pick, I meant when I was talking about it after last weeks shows not after this weeks.

What I said was I wanted a bigger pick, I got one but I don't think Taker was the right choice.

John Cena, The Rock & ??? vs. The Cabinet (JBL, Bashams)

Booker T vs. Rene Dupree

WWE United States Championship - Lance Storm vs Orlando Jordan ©

Smackdown looks good, I'm hoping we can get some REALLY good stuff moving.

Guest jusinn

ok... down the line eddie is on both shows as eddie and psychosis.

It would be great to have a lottery on the show for haas to pick his partner.

Lance Storm was a let down because it would have been great for shelton to come. Shelton and Angle would have been a match with a history. And he could have teamed with charlie.

user posted image

WWE Smackdown!

June 23rd, 2005

WWE Smackdown!

Show Level: Flagship

Length: 2 Hours

Time Slot: 8:00pm

TV Network: UPN

Brand: Smackdown!

Tonight's Location: New Jersey

Affluence: 50.8%

Interested Population: 43,000

Casual Fans: 31,046

Hardcore Fans: 2,833

Pure Fans: 2,642

Old School Fans: 2,737

MMA Fans: 1,960

Womens Fans: 1,076

Popularity: 72.1%

Dark Match: WWE Tag Team Championship

Charlie Haas & Heidenreich vs. MNM w/Melina

(10 Minutes)

Heidenreich was a surprise partner for Charlie Haas. Melina distracted Haas by climbing onto the apron and Haas then fell victim to the Snapshot by MNM, Joey Mercury got the 3 count.

Winners: MNM

Match Reaction = 69.2%

Match Quality = 67.2%

Overall Rating = 69.3%

Segment 1: Carlito's Cabana With The GM

(10 Minutes)

Carlito was in the ring with Matt Morgan to start off Smackdown!. The ring was decorated for the Cabana. Carlito expressed some negative opinions about New Jersey before introducing Smackdown!'s General Manager, his guest tonight, Theodore Long. Carlito asked who the next Smackdown! pick in the Draft Lottery was, but Long said everyone would have to wait until the main event to see who it is. Big Show's music then hit and he made his way down to the ring. Big Show told Long that he wanted Carlito and Matt Morgan in a handicap match next week on Smackdown!. The General Manager accepted Show's request.

Overall Rating = 72.8%

Segment 2: WWE Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender Tournament - Quarter Final

Funaki vs. Psychosis

(12 Minutes)

The first match in the Cruiserweight title #1 contender tournament was a quick-paced thriller, as expected. Funaki got off to a good start, rocking his opponent with forearms and connecting with a hurricanrana that sent Psychosis flying out of the ring. A missed plancha by Funaki allowed Psychosis back into the match. Psychosis beat down on Funaki and hit a Guillotine Leg Drop as Funaki was hooked over the ropes. Psychosis then rolled up Funaki for the pinfall.

Winner: Psychosis

Match Reaction = 64.8%

Match Quality = 73.2%

Overall Rating = 73.7%

Segment 3: Date Set For Dudleyz

(7 Minutes)

A video was played to inform the fans of when the Dudley Boyz would be returning to Smackdown!. Thursday July 7th, Bubba Ray told us, is when the Dudley Boyz would make their return as D-Von lit a table in front of them. Flames engulfed the picture to end the video.

Overall Rating = 70.6%

Segment 4: Booker T w/Sharmell vs. Rene Dupree

(12 Minutes)

Booker T dominated the match in the early parts. A textbook suplex took Dupree hard to the mat. Dupree came back though with some stiff right hands and took Booker out of the ring with a dropkick. A brawl erupted on the outside, Booker T being smashed face-first into the steel steps and the commentary table. Back in the ring Dupree got a near fall following a big back suplex. Dupree tried a German suplex, but the Bookerman was able to reverse into a back suplex of his own. With Sharmell's encouragement, Booker took Dupree to school, drilling the Frenchman with a side kick to the stomach and then a superkick to the jaw. Booker then treated the crowd to a Spin-A-Roonie before finishing off Dupree with the Book End.

Match Reaction = 74.6%

Match Quality = 67.0%

Overall Rating = 80.3%

Segment 5: The Rivalry Continues

(6 Minutes)

As Booker T and Sharmell celebrated in the ring after Booker's victory, Kurt Angle ran down the aisle and attacked Booker from behind. Sharmell escaped the ring as Angle continued the assault. Angle hit the Angle Slam on Booker T before locking him in the Ankle Lock. Sharmell screamed on from ringside as numerous referees tried to pull Angle off of Booker.

Overall Rating = 79.8%

Segment 6: During The Commercial...

(2 Minutes)

After returning from a commercial break, we were shown events that took place during the break. The recap showed Angle attacking Booker T and then releasing the Ankle Lock to grab a microphone. He then said he and Booker would finish their rivalry once and for all next week in a steel cage. Angle threw the microphone at Booker and grinned at Sharmell before leaving the ringside area.

Overall Rating = 79.8%

Segment 7: WWE Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender Tournament - Quarter Final

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

(13 Minutes)

In the second Cruiserweight tournament quarter final of the night, an old rivalry was revived in an exciting encounter between Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero. Both had plenty of reversals for the other's moves. Chavo lost his temper rather quickly, resorting to kicks, chops, punches and even a slap not far along in the match. Guerrero nailed Mysterio with a devastating powerbomb which Mysterio unbelievably kicked out of. Rey battled back and sent Chavo flying across the ring via a top-rope hurricanrana. Chavo went for the Gory Bomb after cleverly reversing a head scissors takedown attempt into a backbreaker. Mysterio scouted the Gory Bomb, though, and rolled up Chavo for a 2 count. Mysterio then hit a springboard clothesline followed by a dropkick, sending Guerrero onto the second rope. Mysterio hit the 619 and connected with the West Coast Pop to put Chavo away for the 3.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

Match Reaction = 76.4%

Match Quality = 80.2%

Overall Rating = 77.6%

Segment 8: RAW Rebound

(8 Minutes)

The RAW Rebound was shown, highlighting The Undertaker being drafted, the Vengeance matches that were made and also the main event and the ensuing brawl between Kane/Edge and Triple H/Batista.

Overall Rating = 77.0%

Segment 9: Lance Storm Interview

(5 Minutes)

Steve Romero was backstage, microphone in hand. He interviewed Lance Storm about his upcoming match for the WWE United States title against reigning champion Orlando Jordan. Storm said that Orlando had held the title for long enough and a new one would be crowned tonight. He also said he would have beaten Kurt Angle last week even if Booker T had not interfered, saying that compared to that, Orlando would be a piece of cake.

Overall Rating = 66.2%

Segment 10: WWE United States Championship

Lance Storm vs. Orlando Jordan ©

(14 Minutes)

Orlando didn't prove to be a 'piece of cake' in this one. The reigning champion showed off his athleticism in the early-going, using some spectacular dropkicks and a high cross-body block from the top rope. Storm came back, though, rocking the champion with some stiff forearms. Storm waffled Orlando with a superkick, but could only manage a 2 count. Storm followed up with two snap suplexes in a row before executing a perfect delayed vertical suplex. Storm got a couple more near falls before Orlando resorted to a low blow out of the referee's sight. Orlando set Storm up for a superplex, but Storm countered by pushing Jordan off of the ropes and nailing him with a spinning wheel kick. Storm then shot Orlando off to the ropes and rolled him up into the Canadian Maple Leaf. After a while of suffering, Orlando had no choice but to tap out, awarding Storm the victory. Storm was handed the U.S. title by the referee and he held it high while standing on the second turnbuckle, saluting the fans.

Winner: Lance Storm (NEW United States Champion)

Match Reaction = 73.0%

Match Quality = 67.8%

Overall Rating = 76.0%

Segment 11: The Champ Is Here!

(3 Minutes)

A new promo video for John Cena was aired. His theme music played over multiple action clips of the WWE Champion in action. It included his winning the title at WrestleMania 21 and finished with a clip of him in the ring shouting 'The Champ Is Here!'.

Overall Rating = 78.7%

Segment 12: Main Event

John Cena, The Rock & ??? vs. The Cabinet (JBL, Doug & Danny Basham)

(16 Minutes)

The Cabinet made their way down to the ring first, JBL talking tactics with his Secretaries Of Defense. The Rock then came out, followed by John Cena, both receiving huge crowd reactions. A dramatic wait then followed as Michael Cole, Tazz and everybody else eagerly anticipated the Draft Pick. Shawn Michaels' music then blared out, much to the delight of the fans. The Heart Break Kid showboated his way down to the ring and tagged hands with Cena and Rock, signalling their alliance. The match then got underway with Shawn Michaels against Doug Basham. Shawn Michaels drilled Doug with some vicious clotheslines and a dropkick. Danny Basham then tagged in, but received the same treatment. Cena then got the tag from HBK and ran wild on the Bashams. Cena dropped Danny with a big back body drop as HBK levelled Doug with one at the same time. Cena went to work on Danny Basham and soon tagged in The Rock. Rock went wild on The Cabinet, even pulling JBL into the ring and hitting him with a spinebuster. Cena came back in but fell victim to a Basham double team. Cena was isolated in The Cabinet's corner as JBL came in and punished him with stiff shots. Doug was working on Cena when the crowd got the WWE Champion back into the match, and Cena battled back. Cena managed to get the tag to HBK, as Doug made the tag to JBL. HBK rocked JBL with punches and chops and then an inverted atomic drop. The Bashams got into a brawl with Rock and Cena on the outside as HBK climbed up top. HBK missed his diving elbow drop and then fell victim to a JBL big boot and powerbomb. HBK miraculously managed to kick out after 2. All six participants ended up brawling in the ring. Cena hit Doug with the F-U moments before Rock got JBL with the Rock Bottom. HBK stunned Danny with the Sweet Chin Music and a 3 count followed. The winning team of Rock, Cena and Michaels celebrated in the ring as The Cabinet nursed their bruises, retreating up the aisle.

Winners: John Cena, The Rock & Shawn Michaels

Match Reaction = 78.0%

Match Quality = 67.7%

Overall Rating = 77.2%

Smackdown! Rating: 75.8%

Attendance: 8,069

Edited by alldawson

Guest Prototype

Good SD. HBK is a good pick for SD. He can have some good feuds with Angle, JBL, and even Cena or Rock down the line. I dont know about giving Storm the US Title so soon. But if you arent doing anything with OJ and are gonna push Storm hard, then I understand. A Storm/Angle feud would be great as well.

I'm enjoying this so far, although it'll hopefully improve once you get doing your own storylines. I love the Charlie Haas partner quest angle, not so sure on Rhyno losing though :(

Jusinn, bringing back Shelton to feud with Angle or tag with Haas would just be treading over old ground, boring.

Taker's an intersting pick, but the random authority attacks suggest a wasted pick. To be honest, I can't think of a good program for him, I hope you can. Loving the cruiserweight stuff too. But please, pelase, PLEASE don't make Lance Storm change the US Title to the Canadian title or something. The Unamericans thing has been so overdone. Looking forward to Vengeance, good card so far.

I liked Smackdown, I'm enjoying the Cruiserweight Contenders Tournament and was happy and sad with Mysterio winning. Sad because I think he is above the crusierweight divison and happy since he deserved to win. I guess it's not bad if he's cruiserweight if theres nothing for him to do really.

Storm winning was un-expected in my eyes, while reading the match I thought Storm would win down the line like at the next ppv just not at that match. I was expecting Jordan to win by cheating or Storm to win by DQ. I'll see what you can do with Storm as US champ as it has some potential.

Then, HBK getting drafted is interesting. It gives you three Main Event faces with good charisma and another feud you could use with Angle/HBK. Whether you use that feud or not is up in the air as theres still Booker/Angle.

I have a feeling either The Rock or HBK will turn down the line and face Cena as JBL being the only one against the three (Cabinet doesn't really count as there not Main Event) just doesn't work. I'm not looking for Rock or HBK to turn and help JBL just to turn and face Cena.

This is my favourite diary right now, keep up the good work.

Good SD. HBK is a good pick for SD. He can have some good feuds with Angle, JBL, and even Cena or Rock down the line. I dont know about giving Storm the US Title so soon. But if you arent doing anything with OJ and are gonna push Storm hard, then I understand. A Storm/Angle feud would be great as well.

I really have no ideas for OJ at the moment as I'm not planning really far ahead, I'm doing things as each show comes. I didn't want the US Title to fade away on someone I currently have no plans for, so i thought it would be best to have Storm take the strap.

But please, pelase, PLEASE don't make Lance Storm change the US Title to the Canadian title or something. The Unamericans thing has been so overdone.

Damn. :shifty:

I liked Smackdown, I'm enjoying the Cruiserweight Contenders Tournament and was happy and sad with Mysterio winning. Sad because I think he is above the crusierweight divison and happy since he deserved to win. I guess it's not bad if he's cruiserweight if theres nothing for him to do really.

Storm winning was un-expected in my eyes, while reading the match I thought Storm would win down the line like at the next ppv just not at that match. I was expecting Jordan to win by cheating or Storm to win by DQ. I'll see what you can do with Storm as US champ as it has some potential.

Then, HBK getting drafted is interesting. It gives you three Main Event faces with good charisma and another feud you could use with Angle/HBK. Whether you use that feud or not is up in the air as theres still Booker/Angle.

I have a feeling either The Rock or HBK will turn down the line and face Cena as JBL being the only one against the three (Cabinet doesn't really count as there not Main Event) just doesn't work. I'm not looking for Rock or HBK to turn and help JBL just to turn and face Cena.

This is my favourite diary right now, keep up the good work.

Pleased to know you're enjoying the diary :)

Thanks for all the feedback it's greatly appreciated. Full Vengeance card will be posted later today, and I'll leave it open for a few days for you all to do predictions if you wish to. While you get your predictions in, I'll crack on with Velocity and Heat ;)

user posted image

WWE Vengeance Matches

June 24th, 2005

The matches have been made and now all we can do is wait. Vengeance comes to you live on pay-per-view this Sunday, June 26th. After RAW on Monday night, Eric Bischoff made some extra match stipulations! Kane's match against Edge will be a 'No Disqualifications' encounter, and the WWE Intercontinental Championship match between current champion Shelton Benjamin and Muhammad Hassan will be a '2 Out Of 3 Falls' match! Here is a run-down on the matches taking place.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

HELL IN A CELL

BATISTA © v TRIPLE H

CHRIS JERICHO v EDDIE GUERRERO

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS

KANE v EDGE w/LITA

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

SHELTON BENJAMIN © v MUHAMMAD HASSAN w/DAIVARI

CHRIS BENOIT v CHRISTIAN w/TYSON TOMKO

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

THE HURRICANE & ROSEY © w/STACY KEIBLER v SIMON SYSTEM (SIMON DEAN & MAVEN)

CHRISTY HEMME v VICTORIA

Prediction contest, ahoy! Predict the winner for each match. Each correct winner will get you 1 point, and you will receive an extra 2 points for correctly predicting the result of a title match. I'll leave this open to anyone who wants to give it a shot for a few days while I get Velocity and Heat done.

HELL IN A CELL

BATISTA © v TRIPLE H

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS

KANE v EDGE w/LITA

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

CHRISTY HEMME v VICTORIA

HELL IN A CELL

BATISTA © v TRIPLE H

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS

KANE v EDGE w/LITA

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

CHRISTY HEMME v VICTORIA

(Italics = thoughts)

HELL IN A CELL

BATISTA © v TRIPLE H - I know you'd probably like to book it with Batista coming out on top but i'm un-sure if Triple H will allow you with his creative control. I just don't think Batista is more over then HHH at the point in the game, hopefully he is though and hopefully this will be they're last encounter.

CHRIS JERICHO v EDDIE GUERRERO - I think you have to give Eddie a small push to warrant being drafted. I'd like to see both of these guys win and then get a main event push but Eddie winning makes more sense if you Batista wins that way you have a match set up automaticly.

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS

KANE v EDGE w/LITA - Edge to win, plain and simple. Kill this feud. Now.

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

SHELTON BENJAMIN © v MUHAMMAD HASSAN w/DAIVARI - Shelton needs to start getting a bigger push into the main event. Hassan needs to get more of a name with some gold so I think he'll take it.

CHRIS BENOIT v CHRISTIAN w/TYSON TOMKO - I don't want to see Benoit fed to people but Christian also needs to be push up the card more as well.

THE HURRICANE & ROSEY © w/STACY KEIBLER v SIMON SYSTEM (SIMON DEAN & MAVEN) - *NOTE* *SIMON SYSTEM ARE THE CHAMPS* Simon and Maven should get a push and Hurricane should be moved to SD! and Rosey should be fired. Plain and simple backlash from this :P

CHRISTY HEMME v VICTORIA - I have a feeling your going to give Hemme the win and possibly a push for her so you have a Face competitor for the womens title.

HELL IN A CELL

BATISTA © v TRIPLE H

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS

KANE v EDGE w/LITA

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

THE HURRICANE & ROSEY © w/STACY KEIBLER v SIMON SYSTEM

CHRISTY HEMME v VICTORIA

Guest Morecello

HELL IN A CELL

BATISTA ©: Batista stays champion because Triple H needs to work Tuesdays.

CHRIS JERICHO: Jericho is a lot more talented and entertaining then Eddie.

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS

KANE: Edge will probally win, but I can only hope that Kane completely destorys him.

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

MUHAMMAD HASSAN w/DAIVARI: Hassan is very talented and deserves the title.

CHRISTIAN w/TYSON TOMKO: I am a Peep and he is the Peeps Champ.

SIMON SYSTEM: I like Maven, he's sexy.

VICTORIA: She can actually wrestle.

Guest Prototype

HELL IN A CELL

BATISTA © v TRIPLE H

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS

KANE v EDGE w/LITA

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

CHRISTY HEMME v VICTORIA

Guest MrBenjamin

HELL IN A CELL

BATISTA © v TRIPLE H

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS

KANE v EDGE w/LITA

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

CHRISTY HEMME v VICTORIA