World Wrestling Federation 2001

user posted image

World Wrestling Federation 2001: A New Way

2001 was in many ways a great year for the WWF. Both it’s main competitors ECW and more importantly WCW finally went out of business and Vince acquired the rights to both. Steve Austin had what should have been the greatest heel turn in wrestling history at WrestleMania, but it should have been so much more. Not just Austin’s turn, the later InVasion by ECW and WCW was in many people’s eyes pathetic, b list wrestlers being made to look incredibly weak in comparison to the WWF. The Alliance’s biggest superstars were Kurt Angle and Steve Austin, who were WWF born and bred. Going back to the turn of Austin, it was ok but done at the wrong time. Austin was still getting cheered. People didn’t want to boo the rattlesnake; it wasn’t what McMahon had planned. So here’s another shot at 2001 and this time with a new leader and new deck of cards. Will ECW and WCW survive this time? Will Austin turn at WrestleMania? What else will happen? That’s down to two things and two things only, me and the world of T.E.W! Welcome to a new way!

user posted image

World Wrestling Federation

Initials: WWF

Owner: Vince McMahon

Size: Global

Based: Connecticut

Style: Sports Entertainment

TV Shows: Raw (Live on Mondays on TNN) Smackdown (Taped on Tuesdays, aired on Thursday on UPN) Heat (Taped on Mondays, aired on Sundays on MTV)

2001 Pay Per View Calendar

Royal Rumble – Jan 21st

No Way Out – Feb 25th

WrestleMania – April 1st

Backlash – April 29th

Judgment Day – May 20th

King Of The Ring – June 24th

Fully Loaded – July 22nd

SummerSlam – August 19th

Unforgiven – September 23rd

No Mercy – October 21st

Survivor Series – November 18th

Vengeance – December 9th

Roster

Main Eventers

Kurt Angle – Heel

Steve Austin – Face

The Rock – Face

The Undertaker – Face

Triple H – Heel

Upper Midcarders

Chris Benoit – Heel

Chris Jericho – Face

Kane – Heel

Midcarders

Big Show – Heel

Bradshaw – Face

Buh Buh Ray Dudley – Face

Bull Buchanan – Heel

Christian – Heel

Chyna – Face

D-Von Dudley – Face

Eddie Guerrero – Heel

Farooq – Face

Goodfather – Heel

Jeff Hardy – Face

Matt Hardy – Face

Perry Saturn – Heel

Rikishi – Heel

Road Dogg – Face

Scotty Too Hotty – Face

Taz – Face

Test – Face

Val Venis – Heel

William Regal – Heel

X Pac – Heel

Lower Midcarders

Albert – Heel

Big Bossman – Heel

Billy Gunn – Face

Crash Holly – Face

Dean Malenko – Heel

Grand Master Sexay – Face

Hardcore Holly – Heel

Ivory – Heel

Jacqueline – Face

K-Kwik – Face

Lita – Face

Molly Holly – Face

Raven – Heel

Steve Blackman – Face

Steven Richards – Heel

Tori – Face

Openers

Chaz – Tweener

D’lo Brown – Tweener

Fuanki – Face

Gangrel – Heel

Mr Aguila – Heel

Tag Teams

A.P.A – Farooq & Bradshaw

Dudley Boyz – Buh Buh Ray Dudley & D-Von Dudley

Edge & Christian

Hardy Boyz – Matt Hardy & Jeff Hardy w Lita

Lo Down – Chaz & D’lo Brown w Tiger Ali Singh

Road Dogg & K-Kwik

Too Cool – Grand Master Sexay & Scotty Too Hotty

Stables

Radicalz – Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero & Perry Saturn

Right To Censor – Bull Buchanan, Ivory, Steven Richards, The Goodfather & Val Venis

Team ECK – Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian

Champions

WWF Champion: Kurt Angle

Intercontinental Champion: Chris Benoit

European Champion: William Regal

Tag Team Champions: Edge & Christian

Hardcore: Raven

Light Heavyweight: Dean Malenko

Women’s: Ivory

Current Storyline Situation

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley is currently obsessed with power and being as successful as her husband Triple H and her father Vince McMahon. This has lead to her making an alliance with Team ECK and getting into various scrapes with Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, The Rock and others. Vince is also having a secret affair with Trish Stratus, which hasn’t been discovered yet. Kurt Angle successfully defended his WWF Title against 5 other men at Armageddon in a Hell In A Cell. Those men were, Triple H, The Rock, Steve Austin, Undertaker and Rikishi. As an interesting side note, Austin’s wife Debra is lieutenant commissioner and with Commissioner Mick Foley’s firing she has the full time job thrust upon her. Triple H has been out with an injury suffered in the cell and at the moment it looks as if Kurt Angle, Stephanie and Vince have formed a tight alliance with Edge and Christian also included.

Rikishi recently returned and attacked his cousin The Rock and Undertaker on the final Raw of the year. Kane, Rock, Undertaker, Austin, Regal and Rikishi have been pretty much feuding with each other as we leave 2000 with the sides looking like this, Austin/Rock/Undertaker Vs Kane/Regal/Rikishi.

Edge and Christian are feuding with the Dudleyz after scoring a cheap pin fall win at Armageddon to take the Tag Titles.

T & A have just broken up much to the delight of Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley who saw her former lover Test turned on by his partner Albert.

The Radicalz are feuding with Matt and Jeff Hardy and have also laid their hands on Lita. Matt and Lita are also having their problems with Lita costing Matt a match or two and Matt showing little sympathy for Lita when Benoit attacks her.

Chyna has been out with neck surgery thanks to a spike piledriver from Ivory. The whole incident has been hyped up with a teary interview with Chyna and images of her recovery. Ivory and The R.T.C have shown little remorse and even conducted a piss take interview with Val as J.R and Ivory as Chyna. Billy Gunn has allied himself with Chyna and is currently feuding with the R.T.C along with the APA.

user posted image

Armageddon Results (December 10th 2000)

Scotty Too Hotty pinned D-Lo Brown.

Elimination Match: Malenko/Saturn/Guerrero defeated JHardy/MHardy/Lita.

WWF European Champ William Regal pinned Hardcore Holly

Val Venis pinned Chyna

Last Man Standing Match: Chris Jericho beat Kane

Fatal Four Way Match, WWF Tag Team Championship: Edge & Christian beat The Dudley Boys, Road Dogg & K-Kwik, and The Goodfather & Bull Buchanan

Intercontinental Championship: Chris Benoit beat Billy Gunn

Triple Threat Match, WWF Women’s Championship: Ivory beat Trish Stratus and Molly Holly.

6 Man Hell In A Cell, WWF Championship: Angle beat The Rock, Steve Austin, Rikishi, Triple H, and The Undertaker (32:14) in a "hell in a cell" match when he pinned The Rock.

Remaining Shows Of The Year

December 11, 2000 - RAW: Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn b The Hardy Boyz by Count Out, Billy Gunn b Intercontinental Champion, Chris Benoit, by Disqualification, The Dudley Boyz & The Rock b Edge & Christian & Kurt Angle in a Tables match, Chyna b Women's Champion, Ivory, by Disqualification, The Acolytes b T&A (Test & Albert), Jerry Lawler & K Kwik & Road Dogg b Bull Buchanan & The Goodfather & Steven Richards, Raven b Al Snow in a Hardcore match.

December 14, 2000 - Smackdown!: Edge & Christian b The Dudley Boyz, Women's Champion, Ivory, b Lita, Val Venis b Billy Gunn by DQ, The Undertaker b Raven in a hardcore match, The Hardy Boyz b Chris Benoit and Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko b Chris Jericho, The Rock and Steve Austin b Kurt Angle and William Regal

December 18, 2000 - RAW: Chris Benoit b Jeff Hardy to retain the Intercontinental Title, Billy Gunn and The Dudley Boyz b Val Venis, Bull Buchanan, and The Goodfather, The Rock & The Undertaker b Edge & Christian to win the World Tag Team Titles, Chris Jericho b Perry Saturn, William Regal b Steve Austin by DQ to retain the European Title, The Acolytes & Jacqueline b T&A (Test & Albert & Trish Stratus), Kurt Angle vs. Vince McMahon ended in a No Contest.

December 21, 2000 - Smackdown!: The Dudley Boyz b Lo-Down, Women's Champion, Ivory, b Jacqueline, Chris Jericho and The Hardy Boyz b Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, and Perry Saturn, European Champion, William Regal, and Hardcore Holly fought to a No Contest, Crash Holly and Molly Holly b Taka Michinokou and Funaki, Hardcore Champion, Steve Blackman, b Raven, Billy Gunn b Steven Richards, Edge & Christian b The Rock and The Undertaker to win the World Tag Team Titles.

December 25, 2000 - RAW: The Hardy Boyz b Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit, Hardcore Champion, Steve Blackman, b Raven and Hardcore Holly in a three way match, Raven b Steve Blackman to win the Hardcore Title, Steve Austin b Kane by Disqualification, Too Cool b T&A (Test & Albert), Kurt Angle & Edge & Christian b The Dudley Boyz & Chris Jericho, The Goodfather & Bull Buchanan b The Acolytes, The Rock b The Undertaker by Disqualification.

December 28, 2000 - Smackdown!: World Tag Team Champions, Edge & Christian, b Chris Jericho in a handicap match, Intercontinental Champion, Chris Benoit b Matt Hardy, The Goodfather and Bull Buchanan b The Acolytes, Hardcore Champion, Raven, b Jeff Hardy, T&A b Too Cool, The Rock and The Undertaker b William Regal, Rikishi, and Kane in a handicap match

Competition

user posted image

World Championship Wrestling

Initials: WCW

Owner: Ted Turner

Size: Global

Based: Georgia

Style: Sports Entertainment

TV Shows: Nitro (Live on Mondays on TNT) Thunder (Taped on Tuesdays, aired on Thursday on TBS) Saturday Night (Taped on Mondays, aired on Saturdays on TBS)

WCW is slowing dying. The WWF is killing them in the ratings and they are losing ridiculous amounts of money. It seems their time is numbered.

user posted image

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Initials: ECW

Owner: Paul Heyman

Size: National

Based: Pennsylvania

Style: Hardcore

TV Shows: None

ECW has lost its TV deal and is another company in severe debt. It looks like the valiant effort is almost over.

The Year 2001

A new year is thrust upon us; lets see where the WWF goes in 2001 this time!

Edited by Visionary

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

eWrestlingNews

New Rookie Head Booker Appointed

The WWF has hired a new head booker in Matthew Brown. Brown is of UK descendant and his appointment has come as something of a shock to the WWF backstage. Brown has been a bit part member of the writing team for only a couple of months and despite little time with the company has been handed a very prestigious and powerful post. Brown is quoted to have said, “Well it’s better then winning the lottery or my rich granddad dying.”

Ken Shamrock To WWF?

In his first move as head booker, Brown has contracted Ken Shamrock about a possible return to the company. Shamrock is said to have been receptive to the idea and a deal is quite likely to be thrashed about before the Royal Rumble. Whether or not Shamrock will be one of the thirty entrants to the rumble is not known.

Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley & Big Bossman To Help OVW Rookies. Shawn Michaels To Return To In Ring Action?

Ray “Big Bossman” Traylor, Mick Foley and Shawn Michaels have been sent down to OVW to help train up the next generation of superstars. The WWF is interested in using big name superstars to teach the rookies the tricks of the trade and will work alongside the regular training staff already situated down there. This adds fuel to speculation about a HBK return to the WWF. It is unknown whether or not HBK will play an active role in the training but if he does then it could signal he is healthy enough for a return to in ring action.

Jakked/Metal Dropped By WWF

TV Show Jakked/Metal has been dropped by the WWF due to poor viewing figures. Four wrestling shows a week was just considered too much.

user posted image

WWF Raw Preview

January 1st 2001

Frank Erwin Center – Austin, Texas

It’s the first Raw of 2001 and it promises to be a spectacular night as we come to you live from the Erwin Center in Austin, Texas!

Texas’s own Steve Austin will be in the house and he is sure to raise the roof! After giving a beer bath to WWF Champion Kurt Angle and Stephanie McMahon on Smackdown last week, will there be any repercussions for the Texas Rattlesnake?

The end of 2000 saw Undertaker and The Rock being destroyed by Kane, William Regal and Rikishi. The Rock has a chance for some revenge when he takes on European Champion William Regal in a non-title match but don’t expect the payback to stop there. Undertaker is in Texas this week and nobody gets one over the Deadman without receiving payback!

In a rematch from last Thursday, Jeff Hardy gets another shot at Raven and his Hardcore Championship. Can the King of Extreme get the job done this time?

With all this and the Dudleyz taking on Right To Censor members Bull Buchanan and Goodfather, Billy Gunn taking on another RTC member in Val Venis and even more, you can’t afford to miss Raw on TNN 9/8 CT this week!

Confirmed Matches

The Rock Vs William Regal

Billy Gunn Vs Val Venis

Hardcore Championship: Jeff Hardy Vs Raven ©

Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan & The Goodfather) Vs The Dudley Boyz

Edited by Visionary

user posted image

WWF Raw

January 1st 2001

Frank Erwin Center (21,359) – Austin, Texas

As Raw hits the air a familiar American theme starts up and Kurt Angle appears from the back as the crowd begin to boo. Angle sporting his trusty gold medals around his neck and WWF Title around his waist makes his way down to the ring looking somewhat serious. He enters and does an ungracious triumphant spin before rather arrogantly snatching the microphone from Lillan Garcia.

Kurt Angle “Well I hope you’re proud of yourself Austin! Last week when you poured beer over Stephanie McMahon and myself.*The crowd cheer forcing Angle to pause* Last week when you poured beer over us, you not only embarrassed an American hero, Olympic gold medallists and WWF Champion, but even worse then that, you embarrassed and degraded a poor defenceless woman! *The crowd cheer* What you did last week Austin was disgusting and disgraceful and defiantly not the actions of a true American and I can’t believe you people would cheer it!”

The crowd cheer even louder in defiance of Angle.

Kurt Angle “But then again why would I expect anything else from Austin’s home state, in filthy, disgusting Texas!”

The crowd boo Angle for his derogatory comments.

Kurt Angle “But then again, I guess Steve Austin serves as a good representative for the people of Texas. He’s loud, obnoxious *The crowd boo* slow witted, and moronic, much like the rest of Texas!”

The crowd show real contempt for Angle and his negative comments towards them. GLASS SHATTERS! The crowd go nuts as Stone Cold’s music plays and makes his way down to the ring looking very pissed off. He is handed a microphone.

Steve Austin “You’ve had your little say over Stone Cold and Texas, now let Stone Cold and Texas have their say about you!”

Austin flips Angle the bird as the crowd go nuts and Angle looks disgusted.

Steve Austin “Look at yourself, with your stupid gold medals and your stupid little hair cut. If you’re an American hero then I’m a Mexican, cause as far as Stone Cold’s concerned you’re nothing but a whiny ass son of a bitch!”

The crowd go nuts, as Angle gets enraged.

Kurt Angle “You can’t talk to me like that! I’m the WWF Champion!”

Steve Austin “I’m sorry. Did I hurt your feelings? Did Stone Cold hurt your feelings? Then let Stone Cold make it up to you and offer you a beer.”

Stone Cold starts to motion for some beers before Kurt interrupts.

Kurt Angle “Oh no! No! You’re not playing the same trick twice Austin. I don’t want your beer and I don’t want to drink with you!”

Austin looks somewhat taken aback as the crowd get excited in anticipation of Stone Cold’s reaction.

Steve Austin “You’re in my home state now Kurt so let Stone Cold give you so advice. When someone offers you a beer here in Texas, you better accept it!”

The crowd cheer as Angle looks at Austin with contempt.

Kurt Angle “Or what Austin? You’ll “kick my ass?” Then go ahead and try but I promise that if you lay one hand on me, then you will never get a shot *Kurt points to the WWF Title with a smug look* at my WWF Championship!”

Steve Austin “You think Stone Cold is here to whoop your sorry little ass? Hell, I don’t want to waste time on you when I could be doing something else, like drinking a beer! *The crowd cheer* Old Stone Cold is here for one reason and one reason only, to challenge you to a match for that WWF Title you having sitting around your waist.”

Kurt Angle “Didn’t you get the freakin message last week? You don’t deserve a title shot Austin. I lead by example as champion and am an excellent role model to young Americans everywhere. What kind of example would you set? You’d teach them that drinking so many beers that you pass out is admirable. *The crowd cheer* You’d encourage them to use foul language and profanity. You Mr Austin stand for everything that’s wrong with America today. You stand for violence, show no respect to anyone, not even an American hero like myself! You Austin……………………..”

Steve Austin “Yak! Yak! Yak! I get the point you whiny little bitch! *The crowd cheer* It’s obvious that old Stone Cold intimates you.”

Kurt Angle “Whoa, whoa whoa! You think you intimidate me? Austin you see these? *Kurt grabs his medals* These prove I’m not scared of you; I’m not scared of anyone! You see this *Kurt points to his title* This proves I’m better than you; I’m better than everyone! And if you want a match against me so badly then…………………………………..”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley music cuts Kurt of mid sentence and she makes her way to the ring. Stephanie is handed another microphone.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Kurt! Kurt! I know that you’re a fighting champion but we both agreed that Steve is not the number one contender. It simply wouldn’t be fair and I just like my dad I am dedicated to making sure things are done fair and properly.”

Kurt Angle “You’re right Stephanie and may I thank you for the great job you’re doing in your father’s absence.”

Stephanie smiles at Kurt who smiles back.

Steve Austin “I’m sorry, is Stone Cold interrupting some kind of love-in here?”

Kurt Angle “What? Of course not! Watch your mouth Austin!”

Steve Austin “What is it about the McMahon’s and being big filthy sluts?”

The crowd cheer and start to chant slut, as Kurt and Stephanie look disgusted.

Kurt Angle “How dare you call Stephanie a slut! She’s a classy intelligent women!”

Steve Austin “Actually I was talking about a different McMahon.”

The crowd cheer as Stephanie look gets agitated.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “There is nothing going on between my dad and that slut!”

Steve Austin “Well I’m looking around, I’m looking backstage but I don’t see his stupid little ass anywhere and guess what? I don’t see her either. So with that in mind, Stone Cold thinks he’ll conduct a little poll. If you think Vince McMahon is with Trish Stratus then give me a HELL YEAH!"

HELL YEAH!

Steve Austin “Like I said on Smackdown last week, I don’t hear so well but I just heard 21,000 people say your daddies getting it on with Trish Stratus!”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “My dad is on a business trip. He is not having any relations with Trish Stratus!”

Steve Austin “Alwright, Stone Cold hears what your saying so let him ask you another question, where’s Trish?”

Stephanie is reluctant to respond before Kurt jumps in.

Kurt Angle “That’s none of your business Austin! And frankly it’s not the business of any of these rednecks idiots either, *The crowd boo* and as far as you and a title shot goes, I’ll give you a chance. If you can prove to me you deserve it, then I’ll give you a title shot on Smackdown.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “That gives me a great idea Kurt! Tonight it’s gonna be Steve Austin verses the Tag Team Champions, Edge and Christian in a handicap match!”

Stone Cold looks both smug Kurt and Stephanie up and down before finally resting on Kurt.

Steve Austin “Well that’s just fine, later on tonight I’ll walk in this ring, raise some hell, kick some ass, raise some more hell, kick some more ass and when I’m done with that, I’ll drink a few beers and maybe a few more and when I’m finally done with that, I’ll come to Raw next week, open a can of whoop ass, and walk out WWF Champion! *The crowd join in* AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE 'CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!”

GLASS SHATTERS! Stone Cold drops the microphone and salutes all four corners of the crowd while Kurt and Stephanie look on.

Jim Ross “Stone Cold Vs Edge and Christian later tonight? That hardly seems fair! I think our WWF Champion is afraid of the rattlesnake!”

Jerry Lawler “Are you kidding JR? You heard Kurt. He was just about to give Austin a shot. It’s only because Stephanie made him see reason that he stopped! Kurt’s a full blooded male JR!”

Jim Ross “Sure he is King, he’s a real bad ass and how convenient that Stephanie would walk out just before Kurt accepted the match.”

Jerry Lawler “Are you suggesting Kurt had no intention of facing Stone Cold at all?”

Jim Ross “That’s exactly what I’m “suggesting”.”

Commercial Break

WWF Hardcore Championship

Jeff Hardy Vs Raven ©

Jeff comes to the ring in his usual whacky gear and to his screaming female fans while Raven actually gets some heat for his entrance and has his trusty shopping care of weapons in toe. The match starts off pretty basic with Jeff hitting some high flying moves but Raven slows him down, ironically enough, with a stop sign to the head. Referee Teddy Long can only watch on as both men trade brawling and weapons shots for the majority of the match. Hardy looks like he has it won when he goes up top for the Swanton Bomb but Raven moves out the way! Raven hits the Evenflow DDT onto a chair for the win.

Winner: Raven

Commercial Break

As Raw comes back from commercials, Bull Buchanan, Goodfather and Steven Richards are making their way to the ring. The crowd clearly dislike the trio and let them know it as Richards prepares to speak.

Steven Richards “Would you people please be quiet?”

The crowd get louder in spite of Richards request.

Steven Richards “You know, seeing you people go crazy over Stone Cold earlier tonight made me realise just how badly you people need me. You cheer and worship a man who stands for all the wrong things. What Kurt Angle was saying was perfectly correct and having Stone Cold as champion, *Steven looks at both Goodfather and Bull* makes us sick!”

The crowd boo as Richards looks to change gears.

Steven Richards “But tonight we’re here because of a different problem. We’re here because for a while now there is a tag team that has been acting disgracefully! A tag team that has been putting people through tables! *The crowd cheer* Well tonight I requested this match so that *Pointing at Bull and Goodfather* these two can solve that problem and end the Dudleyz once and for all!”

Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan & Goodfather) w Steven Richards Vs The Dudley Boyz

The Dudleyz come running down to the ring and a four way brawl ensues until Buh Buh and D-Von clear house! The match settles down with Bull and D-Von starting us off. We finally get into the usual WWF formula when RTC isolate D-Von with frequent tags and dirty double team tactics which is made all the more easier with Richard’s antics on the outside. D-Von avoids a Goodfather Ho Train! D-Von makes the hot tag! Buh Buh goes crazy knocking down both members of the R.T.C and even Richards when he jumps on the apron. D-Von clotheslines Bull over the top. Goodfather is thrown off the ropes. 3-D! Buh Buh hooks the leg for the win. Richards jumps on the apron in protest and Buh Buh brings him in! D-Von clotheslines Buchanan back to the outside while Goodfather is in no fit shape to help! Buh Buh pushes D-Von. “D-VON, GET THE TABLE!” D- Von sets the table up in the ring and Richards is thrown off the ropes but Bull grabs Richards feet and drags him outside and R.T.C make a hasty exit while the Dudley’s pose for the crowd. Should have been better, the Dudleyz just seemed off their game tonight.

Winners: The Dudley Boyz

Action switches to the back and we are shown Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley sitting in her office. There’s a knock on the door.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Yes, who is it?”

Test comes walking in to a surprisingly loud reaction.

Test “Hello Stephanie.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “What the hell do you want?”

Test “I want Albert one on one tonight!”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Well guess what? I couldn’t give a damn what you want. Now get the hell out of my office!”

Test refuses to leave and slams his hand on the desk, which makes Stephanie jump.

Test “I don’t think you understand Steph. I’ not asking, I’m demanding that you give me Albert tonight.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Or what? What are you going to do Test? I’ve dated you and I know your not man enough to do anything, you were never man enough to satisfy me Test. Lets face it, all you ever did was leave me disappointed!”

The crowd give a collected “ohh” as the rage in Test builds up. He grabs a terrified Steph by the throat and gets right in her face.

Test “Now I’m not here to play nice! I’m here to get what I want! Last week Albert made an idiot out of me and I want payback, now am I gonna get my match or not?”

Test releases the grip as Stephanie rearranges her collar and gets her confidence back.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Don’t you ever put you hands on me again! You don’t put you hands on a McMah………………….”

Test grabs Stephanie again but this time drags her over the table and puts her in a headlock. Test drags her out the office and all the way to the ring with Stephanie screaming all the way. Test throws Stephanie in the ring and enters himself before being handed a microphone.

Test “Now you’ve got two choices Stephanie, you can either give me what I want or I’ll give these people what they want and beat the crap out of you!”

The crowd cheer as Stephanie looks terrified and Test throws her the microphone to respond.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Ok! Ok! You can have Albert tonight, please just don’t hurt me!”

With that being said Test looks satisfied but from nowhere Albert appears and nails him with a scissors kick. Stephanie regains her composure and starts to smile evilly.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “You want Albert? You got him! His going to kick your ass! Remember the saying Test, be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it!”

Stephanie and Albert smile and stand tall in the middle of the ring as Test lies flat out from Albert’s shot.

Jim Ross “Good God! Albert just took his head off!”

Jerry Lawler “You don’t think he deserved it JR? He was going to hurt a defenceless women!”

Jim Ross “I don’t think Test was ever going to lay his hand on her King.”

Jerry Lawler “What do you call what he just did?”

Jim Ross “Well ok, but I don’t think her was every going to harm her King.”

Jerry Lawler “Well later tonight, Albert is defiantly going to harm Test!”

Commercial Break

Billy Gunn Vs Val Venis

Val comes to the ring alone, which seems mighty unfair but anyway the match starts at a slow pace with Billy Gunn in control until Val nails a nice spinebuster. Val picks up the pace but his sleeper gets countered into a backbody drop! Billy Gunn is on fire and starts to pound away at Val. Val whips Gunn off the ropes and ducks his head. That was stupid! FAMEASSER! Billy covers and gets the three, but waits he’s not done yet. Billy wants to get some wood and sets up a table of his own! Gunn places Val on the table and climbs the ropes but Goodfather and Bull Buchanan rush in to save another member of the R.T.C and take him to the back. It just hasn’t been their night tonight.

Winner: Billy Gunn

Commercial Break

The Rock Vs William Regal

A mismatch of styles here. Rock takes the early lead and knocks Regal over the top with his slap punches. Rock keeps the advantage until Regal nails Rock in the head with a stiff knee. Regal takes the match to the mat now and starts to break out his unorthodox British skills, which bores the crowd a little. Rock explodes with a clothesline! Regal is sent off the ropes, SPINEBUSTER! The crowd are excited, People’s Elbow time! YES! Rock hooks the leg and Junior Hebner counts the three.

Winner: The Rock

Commercial Break

We come back to Raw and see Lita in the back, which gets a positive reaction from the crowd. She is looking for Matt because he has a match next but instead gets Benoit.

Chris Benoit “Hello Lita, pleased to see me?”

Lita looks, or is at least meant to look terrified.

Lita “Just leave me alone Chris.”

Benoit starts to run his fingers through Lita’s hair as she tries her hardest to look petrified.

Chris Benoit “Don’t be scared Lita, I’m not going to hurt you like I hurt Matt last week. I made him tap out Lita and if you like, I’ll make you tap out too!”

Lita slaps Benoit who shakes it off and walks off laughing manically.

Jim Ross “Benoit makes me sick, I mean terrifying a poor defenceless women!”

Jerry Lawler “Wait a second JR. How is this any different to the situation that we had between Test and Stephanie earlier?”

Jim Ross “Lita is perfectly innocent in this King, she’s done nothing to get this attention from Benoit. She doesn’t deserve this!”

Jerry Lawler “And Stephanie does?”

Jim Ross “I didn’t say that, but Stephanie isn’t totally innocent in her situation, Lita is!”

Jerry Lawler “That doesn’t mean Stephanie deserves to be terrorised by Test!”

Jim Ross “Oh come on King, you know this is different!”

Jerry Lawler “What ever you say JR!”

Hardcore Holly Vs Matt Hardy

Well Matt is without Lita thanks what just happened and this comes much to his surprise evidently as he keeps staring back at the stage on his entrance. Hardcore uses this to get in the first shot and starts to pound away at Matt. Matt mounts some offence when he dodges a corner clothesline and he picks up the pace. Matt’s on the second rope, Leg drop! He covers but only gets the two. Matt goes for the Twist of Fate, BLOCKED! Hardcore throws him off the ropes Matt ducks a clothesline. Spinning heel kick! Matt kicks Hardcore in the gut. TWIST OF FATE! Hardy covers, one, two, three! Hardy wins it!

Winner: Matt Hardy

Commercial Break

Albert Vs Test

Terrible match, no rhythm or flow to it what so ever. The crowd voiced their disapproval with various “boring” chants too. Albert started off with some brawling, Test came back with some brawling. Some more brawling took place until Test hit the Big Boot. I think it’s clear why these two were stuck in the tag team division.

Winner: Test

Commercial Break

We come back with the crowd needing a lift and they get it when “Rolling” hits. Undertaker appears from the back on his trusty motorcycle and the crowd give him a good cheer, partly perhaps because they’re just glad Albert and Test are gone. Taker rides around the ring before parking his bike and entering the ring. Taker is handed a microphone and the crowd quieten down.

Undertaker “Now the reason I’m out here is pretty simple so I’ll get straight to the point. Kane! Me and you have some business to take care of so what don’t you get your ass out here!”

Much to the surprise of Undertaker and the crowd Rikishi music hits and he walks out onto the stage with a microphone.

Rikishi “I think you’re forgetting about me Undertaker. I’m the one who kicked your ass last week or has the beating given you amnesia?”

Undertaker “I haven’t forgotten what you did last week and you’ll get your payback. Nobody disrespects the Deadman without receiving payback! But for now I have business with Kane to take care of.”

Kane’s pyros explode and the crowd get excited as Kane makes his way past Rikishi and to the ring. Kane slides in and pounds away on the Undertaker who is forced to defend himself. Taker fights back with his big soup bones and nails a big boot. Taker stops his assault and learns over for a microphone but Rikishi comes running down and levels him with a Rikishi Kick! Taker is out cold! Kane recovers and both men start to pound away viciously on the Deadman. Taker is dragged to his feet. CHOKESLAM from Kane! The crowd are disgusted as both Kane and Rikishi stand over the fallen caucus of the Undertaker.

Jim Ross “What in the hell? This was no business of Rikishi’s! What in the hell is he getting involved for?”

Jerry Lawler “I might actually have to agree with you for once JR. If Undertaker isn’t bothering you then you defiantly don’t rile him up. Rikishi may have just made a huge mistake!”

Jim Ross “And Kane King, don’t forget about him!”

Jerry Lawler “I haven’t JR and I’m sure Undertaker won’t either!”

Commercial Break

Edge & Christian w Kurt Angle Vs Steve Austin

If it wasn’t a handicap match before then Kurt Angle presence at ringside was sure to make it one now. Edge and Christian try to get a good position on Austin before charging but to no avail as Austin starts like a house on fire with some good old-fashioned Texas brawling. The match settles down into a tag handicap formula and there’s no way Austin is going down against either Edge or Christian one on one, so cue Angle to jump on the apron and take Austin’s attention which allows the brothers to nail a double clothesline and gain some control. Things are looking good for Angle now as Edge and Christian keep control with high flying and technical offence. Austin is thrown off the ropes and rebounds with a Lou Thresh Press and punches! Austin is going ape crazy knocking down Edge. Knocking down Christian and then Angle to boot, Christians in the corner. STOMP A MUDHOLE IN HIM AND WALK IT DRY! Edge tries to blindside Austin with a spear but Austin catches him with a boot. Stunner! Austin covers and Earl Hebner counts. 1! 2! 3! Austin wins it! Angle comes in for some now, STUNNER! The crowd go nuts and Austin marks the occasion with some beer, and some more, and some more…………………………………………..

Winner: Steve Austin

Jim Ross “Austin’s done it! Austin has won a shot at the WWF Title this Thursday on Smackdown! I’m Jim Ross alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler and we’ll see you Thursday!"

Edited by Visionary

user posted image

WWF Smackdown Preview

January 4th 2001

Freeman Coliseum – San Antonio, Texas

The first Smackdown of the New Year comes to you from the Freeman Coliseum, deep in the heart of Texas once more!

Monday night on Raw, Texas’s own Steve Austin beat Edge and Christian to earn a WWF Title shot against Kurt Angle this very night! Can Angle survive the rattlesnake who will we crown a new WWF Champion this night?

Also on Smackdown, Undertaker will be out for revenge following the two on one assault he received on Raw at the hands Rikishi and Kane. Will the Deadman get his revenge?

On Raw, Test cross the line when he placed his hands upon Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, Stephanie’s plans for revenge didn’t work out though as Test defeated Albert. What will the billion-dollar princess’s reaction be on Smackdown? 

The Hardyz and the Radicalz have been having their problems recently and this past Monday night Chris Benoit made unwanted advances towards Lita. Has Lita told Matt and if so how will he react? Well we should find on Smackdown as The Hardy Boyz take on Radicalz members Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn.

Smackdown will also feature a table’s match pitting the Dudley Boyz and Billy Gunn against R.T.C members Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather and Val Venis, Tazz tackling another R.T.C member in the form of Steven Richards and D’lo Brown against Funaki. With all this and so much more, you can’t afford to miss Smackdown on UPN this week!

Confirmed Matches

WWF Title: Kurt Angle © Vs Steve Austin

The Hardy Boyz Vs The Radicalz (Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn)

Tables Match: Billy Gunn & The Dudleyz Boyz Vs Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather & Val Venis)

Steven Richards Vs Tazz

D’lo Brown Vs Fuanki

Pretty good Raw, Very realistic for the time. I loved the whole Austin/Stephanie/Angle segment, You got Austin down perfectly. Hell, His Mexican comment got a good laugh out of me :D Nice to see Benoit acting like a prick towards Lita, I just hope you'll continue the Lita/Malenko stuff from 2000.

Smackdown is looking good, Keep up the good work (Y)

user posted image

WWF Smackdown

January 4th 2001

Freeman Coliseum (6,982) – San Antonio, Texas

Smackdown hits the air with instant crowd hostility as Edge and Christians theme starts up. Surprising only Edge appears and he makes his way down to the ring to address the fans.

Edge “Howdy yawl!”

The mocking tone in Edge’s voice gets a chorus of boo’s from the San Antonio crowd.

Edge “Now I know how big a fan you Texans are of your nacho’s, I mean there’s plenty of proof just looking at you, but if you and your ever expanding waistlines can just stop eating for one second then I have something very important to say!”

The crowd continually boo Edge.

Edge “On Raw this past Monday night, Stone Cold Steve Austin hit me with a Stone Cold Stunner! *The crowd cheer* So tonight I’m calling out old egg features, so Austin if you’ve got the guts, then get your ass out here!”

Edge doesn’t have to wait long before Stone Cold’s music rings through the arena and the crowd go nuts. However, instead of Steve Austin appearing, Christian appears on the rampway with a bald wig and Austin attire. His shirt, rather mockily reads Got Hair?” The crowd are not impressed but an un-phased Christian continues to mock Stone Cold’s as he completes his entrance.

Edge “Ok Stone Cold, lets get down to business!”

Christian responds in a deliberately terrible Texas accent.

Christian “Now hold on there cowboy! I need a beerrr first!”

Edge “You need a beer? That’s not very professional!”

Christian “Why, I never claimed to be a professional. I lost every job I ever had y’all. Before, I was a mailman but my mule wouldn’t’ go, I later found out it was deeaad. I lost my job as a teacher cause there’s no kids in Texas, all the women are so fat the men turn to their horses for loving don’t ya know? *The crowd boo* There are a lot of Horsemen around though ya know? And when they get past their prime, we ship them over to Georgia for a handsome price.”

Edge can’t help but laugh, as the crowd get even more agitated.

Edge “You know Austin, perhaps I’ve been a little harsh on you. Let me get you a beer.”

Edge motions for a beer and one is thrown which Christian purposely drops.

Christian “Opps, that be my butterfingers y’all.”

Christian picks up the beer and takes a swig before spitting it back out in disgust.

Christian “Is this an alcoholic beerrr?”

Edge “Of course.”

Christian “Don’t ya know us Texans don’t drink real beerrr? We only like non-alcoholic beerrrs. I’m gonna be drunk for days now, oh crap!”

Christian drops to the floor doing a terrible impression of Austin’s trademark as the crowd still continue to boo. A small “Austin” chant starts up.

Edge “Wait, are you telling me that Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Texas rattlesnake, the man who is meant to be the baddest man in the whole WWF, is drunk off a sip of a beer?”

The “Austin” chant starts to get louder as Christian begins to act drunk.

Christian “Did you just call my momma fat? Cause she’s is, I mean she is from Texas but she’s not my real momma, no, my momma is actually my pops too.”

Edge “What? What in the………………………………………….”

GLASS SHATTERS! The crowd go nuts as Austin music finally replays and this time the real Texas rattlesnake comes charging down to the ring. Austin hammers away Texas style on the Tag Team Champions! STUNNER on Christian! STUNNER on Edge! Austin stomps them out the ring and gives them the finger as the crowd go nuts! Austin, obviously pissed off, grabs the dropped microphone”

Steve Austin “If you son’s of bitches want some more, Stone Cold’s ready for ya!”

A groggy Edge and Christian think better of it and make their way to the back as the crowd continue to cheer.

Steve Austin “Now that those two jackass’s have been dealt with, there’s another one in the back who’s trying to screw Stone Cold around and that son of a bitch is Kurt Angle! So Kurt, I’m calling your Olympic ass out!”

Austin waits in the ring but nothing happens.

Steve Austin “I ain’t leaving this damn ring until that you come to out, you phoney bastard!”

Finally Kurt Angle’s music starts up and the crowd get excited as Angle appears from the back. Kurt isn’t feeling too brave though as he stays at the top of the rampway.

Kurt Angle “What the hell are you talking about Austin?”

Steve Austin “What’s the matter Kurt? Lost your balls? Not prepared to admit to everyone in public what a yella bastard ya are?”

Kurt Angle “I see where you’re going with this Austin and it has nothing to do with me being scared of Stone Cold or intimidated by Stone Cold or anything by Stone Cold.”

Steve Austin “How about having your ass kicked by Stone Cold?”

The crowd give a loud cheer Angle looks agitated.

Kurt Angle “I’m sick of this! I’m going to say this once more for you Texas idiots *The crowd boo* and for you Austin, the biggest Texas idiot of all! I am not intimidated or scared of you Austin. Why would I be? I’m an Olympic gold medallist and the WWF Champion………………….”

Austin cuts off Angle mid sentence in true Stone Cold style.

Steve Austin “You’re also a measly mouth l’il bastard who’s really starting to piss me off!”

Kurt Angle “What is wrong with you Austin? Don’t they teach you manners down in the south? Why is everything that comes out of your mouth such filth? Is your vocabulary really that limited or is it just you’re a drunken idiot? Why don’t you lay off the beer and cursing and try showing some respect to your WWF Champion?”

Kurt looks pretty smug with himself as Austin mockily ponders the question.

Steve Austin “Well I’ve thought about what you’ve said and have weighed the pro’s and cons and realised that a lack of beer would pose the dangers of me becoming a pompous lil bastard like you!”

The crowd cheer Austin as Kurt continues to become disillusioned with Austin’s philosophies.

Steve Austin “Now if you’re done with the damn lifestyle lecture, I’d like to explain to all these people why I’m out here and why Kurt Angle is being a bigger bitch than usual!”

Austin pauses before continuing as the crowd give a little cheer.

Steve Austin “Wait, I’m sorry, where are my manors? Perhaps you’d like to explain why you’re being such a lil bitch to all this people?”

Kurt Angle “Ok fine, Austin I admit, I have called off the WWF Title match between you and myself, but, *Angle pauses as the crowd give a loud boo* but! I do have good reason, a damn good reason in fact! You see I never said I would give you a WWF Title shot just because you beat Edge and Christian. I said you had to prove yourself to be worthy. When you stunnered me at the end of the match on Monday night you blew any chance you ever had of a title shot. When you learn to act like a champion Austin, perhaps I’ll give you a chance to become one.”

Kurt pauses as a chorus of boo’s hit the arena.

Kurt Angle “Because lets face it, you’ll never be the champion I am. Oh it’s true! It’s true!”

Steve Austin “You’re right, I’ll never be a whiny ass son of a bitch like you! *The crowd cheer* That’s something old Stone Cold will never be as good as you at. If there was a gold medal…………………”

Kurt infuriated at what Austin is suggesting cuts him off mid sentence.

Kurt Angle “If you’re insinuating that I won these gold medals *Angle grabs his medals* for anything other than my wrestling ability then you’re hugely mistaken! And as far as your title shot goes, you can forget it! I’ve already spoken to Stephanie and she has promised me that there will be title shot for you Austin. And there’s nobody who can change that!”

NO CHANCE THAT’S WHAT ‘CHA GOT! The crowd give a loud mixed response as the WWF owner Vince McMahon returns to WWF screens and power walks his way past Angle and down to the ring.

Vince McMahon “Kurt! Would you please come down to the ring?”

Kurt Angle “If it’s all the same with you Mr McMahon, i'd rather..........................."

Mr McMahon cuts him off mid sentence.

Vince McMahon “Perhaps I didn’t make myself clear? GET YOU’RE ASS IN THIS RING NOWWW!"

The crowd cheer McMahon’s forceful ways as Angle reluctantly makes his way to the ring. McMahon goes right in Kurt’s face, looking very chessed off.

Vince McMahonWHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

The crowd go nuts for the irate McMahon, as Kurt looks worried.

Vince McMahon “I take some time off and when I come back I find you strutting around like you own the damn place! Well let me remind you of something Kurt, you don’t own this company. I DOOOO!

The crowd give another cheers as McMahon begins to calm down and turn his attention away from Kurt.

Vince McMahon “And as far as your title shot goes Austin, it’s on! *The crowd give a big cheer* And a word of warning Kurt, if anyone tries to interfere on your behalf, or on your behalf Austin, then they’ll be fired right then and there!”

The crowd give another cheer before McMahon elaborates some more.

Vince McMahon “And that goes for Edge, Christian, Undertaker, Kane, Rock, Dean Malenko, Steven Richards, hell that even goes for Tiger Ali Singh damn it! And before you get any ideas Kurt, that also goes for Stephanie! To make a long story short, if anybody in that locker room interferes tonight, THEY’RE FIRED!"

No Chance hits the arena for the second time as McMahon leaves a smug Austin and a worried WWF Champion.

Michael Cole “Kurt can’t weasel his way out of this one! Kurt going to have to face Austin one on one!”

Jerry Lawler “This isn’t fair! What is Mr McMahon doing? Lets hope Stephanie talks some sense into him!”

Commercial Break

D’lo Brown Vs Funaki

From something very exciting to this, D’lo starts off strongest with some good solid offence. Funaki comes back with a dropkick. Funaki keeps control with some highflying offence. Funaki bounces off the ropes but gets caught with a clothesline. D’lo is looking for the running powerbomb, Reversal into a hurricanarana pin! Funaki gets the three! D’lo isn’t happy, he clubs Funaki from behind. D’lo is beating the hell out of Funaki but nobody cares.

Winner: Funaki

Now action switches backstage and to troubled lovebirds Matt Hardy and a tearful Lita.

Lita “Look Matt, I’m sorry ok?”

Matt Hardy “You’re sorry? You’re sorry? You just abandon me on Monday night and you haven’t returned my calls since. I was worried about you Lita. With all this stuff with Benoit going on, I didn’t know what to think.”

Lita “I just had to get out of there, I’m sorry.”

Something clicks in Matt’s head as he begins to question Lita.

Matt Hardy “Wait a second, you had to get out? Is this to do with Benoit? Has he been harassing you?”

Lita “What? No! No! It’s nothing seriously, just forget it.”

Matt Hardy “Just tell me what the hell happened!”

Lita hesitates before answering.

Lita “It was just Benoit freaked me out a little last week, it’s nothing really.”

Matt Hardy “Well it obviously was judging by how you’ve been acting!”

Lita “I really don’t want to talk about this Matt.”

Matt Hardy “Well I’ve gotta go find Jeff for our match tonight. But I want some answers later, ok?”

Lita “Yeh ok, just go, just go.”

A less than sympathetic Matt walks off as Lita just stares blankly.

Jim Ross “Matt Hardy, hardly the concerned boyfriend.”

Jerry Lawler “Lita’s over reacting Cole, Matt Hardy’s right to not be worried.”

Michael Cole “If you say so King. Steven Richards Vs Tazz is next!”

Commercial Break

Steven Richards Vs Tazz

Tazz gains the early advantage with some technical offence until Richards nails a DDT. Richards is on top now but Tazz rebounds with a clothesline. Tazz looks for the Tazzmission, but Richards gets to the ropes. Tazz picks up Richards who throws him into the buckle in desperation. Richards’s rolls up Tazz and his feet are on the ropes! Long doesn’t see it, Richards steals one.

Winner: Steven Richards

We go backstage and Kurt Angle, Edge and Christian are furious and trying to get a bewildered Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley to change her daddy’s mind.

Edge “Did you see how Austin attack me and Christian earlier?”

Christian “Totally unprovoked!”

Kurt Angle “Who gives a damn about that? Stephanie you’ve got to make Vince see sense and stop this title match with Austin. We both know I’m not ready to face him tonight.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Look, I understand both of your concerns but I didn’t even know my dad was going to be here tonight.”

Christian “Yeh, I mean we all thought Trish was gonna keep him busy all night if you know what I’m saying?”

Christian gives out a little laugh but he soon stops as Edge and Kurt give him disapproving looks and Stephanie looks about ready to explode.

Stephanie McMahon-HelmsleyWHAT?

Kurt mouths off at Christian before jumping in.

Kurt Angle “Nothing! Nothing! He was just joking, you know? A bit of humour never hurt anyone right?”

Kurt nervously laughs before Stephanie cuts him short.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “I’ll talk to my dad later but for now just get out of my office!”

With that Kurt, Edge and Christian all leave with Stephanie shaking her head.

Michael Cole “I think Christian might of just put his foot in it King.”

Jerry Lawler “He was only joking, just a friendly joke, that’s all!”

Commercial Break

The Hardy Boyz Vs The Radicalz (Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn) w Chris Benoit

For whatever reason the crowd seemed to be dead for this one, it wasn’t even a bad match, perhaps it was the lack of Lita. Anyway, Jeff and Saturn start off and Jeff’s superior quickness proves to be too much and some good tag team wrestling from the Hardyz sees them keep control. Benoit makes sure his presence is felt when he distracts Matt and allows Saturn to gain an advantage for his team. Malenko and Saturn isolate Matt with good heel tactics. Hardy fights back with some right hands; off the ropes he ducks a clothesline and nails a spinning heel kick! Matt makes the hot tag! Jeff knocks down all the Radicalz including Benoit. The Hardyz have control now! Matt takes Saturn over the top and the referee has his back turned. Chris Benoit has a chair! WHACK! Jeff just got nailed and the referee didn’t see a damn thing! Saturn covers and Jack Doan counts Jeff out. The Radicalz aren’t done though, Jeff is out cold and Matt is all alone with three men! A three on one assault ensues. Lita pleads with them to leave him alone but the boots continue to fly in on both brothers. Benoit has an idea, CROSSFACE! Saturn and Malenko continue to put the boots on Jeff while Benoit rips away at Matt. Finally Benoit releases and all three Radicalz stand proud in the ring with both Hardyz flat out and Lita distraught.

Winners: The Radicalz (Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn)

Action switches back to Test who burst’s into Stephanie’s office.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Don’t you know how to knock?”

Test “Look, you ask me to come here so I came here. What do you want?”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “First I didn’t ask you to come here, I told you to come here! And second did you really think I was going to forget about Monday night and how you put you filthy disgusting hands all over me? So tonight Test I booked you in a little match, a match against Kane! So go and think about that Test.”

Test “Am I suppose to be scared Steph? Put me in a match against Kane, I don’t care, I’ll beat that red freak within a inch of his life.”

Test storms out the office as Stephanie mutters to herself.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “He’s gonna get destroyed!”

Stephanie laughs to herself before continuing her paperwork.

Michael Cole “It’s going to be Kane against Test later tonight King!”

Jerry Lawler “Test is going to be sorry he ever put his hands on Stephanie!”

Commercial Break

Elimination Tables Match

Billy Gunn & The Dudley Boyz Vs Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather & Val Venis)

Jim Ross explains on commentary that the Dudley’s got this match thanks to the win over R.T.C last week. Terrible yet entertaining action, all three Right To Censor members are cleared from ringside to start and we eventually settle down into 6-man tornado tag action! It’s a wild brawl with little wrestling but it’s compelling stuff. Val places Billy Gunn on a table and climbs the ropes. He is looking for the money shot. He jumps, but Billy moves! Val goes crashing through the table for the first elimination. The crowd seem a little confused as to why the match continues but continue it does. The three men use their advantage well until Goodfather reverse’s an irish whip and throws D-Von into the steel steps! With some momentum behind him now he takes the ring bell and enters the ring. GOODFATHER WHACKS THE RING BELL OFF BILLY GUNN’S SKULL! Both D-Von and Billy are out but Buh Buh doesn’t back down and fights back until the numbers game catches up with him. Goodfather and Bull work over Buh Buh before Bull sets up a table. Bull climbs the ropes and Goodfather hoists Buh Buh up on Bull’s shoulders. POWERBOMB OFF THE TOP ROPE THROUGH THE TABLE! Buh Buh is broken in half! The sides are even once more but Billy is still out cold as Goodfather and Bull keep control. Billy blocks Buchanan and slams his head off the announce table! Billy fights back with a second wind and D-Von does the same as they retake control. Steven Richards comes running down ringside and D-Von and Gunn, turn their attention to him. Both men hammer away at him and D-Von sets up a table! Before they can put him through though, a rested Bull and Goodfather nail them from behind and start to stomp away at them as a relieved Steven Richards cheers them on. R.T.C have it all under control until Tazz comes running down! Tazz takes out Richards in revenge for earlier and it’s once again two on two. Billy is thrown off the ropes but Bull ducks too soon. FAMEASSER! Gunn picks up Bull and slams him through the table! Goodfather is all alone; Billy takes the Buh Buh Ray role. “D-VON GET THE TABLE!” This time D-Von climbs to the top, Goodfather is hoisted. POWERBOMB THROUGH THE TABLE! The match is won and the carnage is over. Wow, what a mess, it was a pretty good if you like that sort of thing.

Winners: Billy Gunn & The Dudley Boyz

Commercial Break

IT’S THE YEAR OF JERICHO! Chris Jericho’s brand spanking 2001 music starts up and Chris Jericho strides confidently down to the ring as the crowd go nuts. Jericho enters the ring and waits patiently for the “Y2J” chants to die down.”

Chris JerichoWELCOME TO THE YEAR OF JERICHOOOOOOO!

The crowd go wild as Y2J sports a cocky grin.

Chris Jericho “It’s a new year and its Y2J’s first appearance in front of all these San Antonio Jerichoholics! *The crowd cheer* Now this year Y2J thought he’s start by making a few new years resolutions. First, it’s no longer a year till Jericho, the year of Jericho is now BABY! *The crowd cheer* And since it’s the year of Jericho I was thinking it’s time I got what I truly deserve, the WWF Title!”

Suddenly Raven’s crows can be heard as his music starts up, much to the surprise of the crowd and Jericho. Raven makes his way down to the ring without much emotion but wearing his Hardcore Title and in a very gothic look.

Chris Jericho “This isn’t a wildlife sanctuary junior!”

Raven with no reaction to Jericho’s baiting enters the ring and is handed a microphone.

Chris Jericho “Is there a reason you’re out here? Or did you just got lost on your way out of freaks anonymous?”

Raven continues to just stand there despite Jericho’s insults.

Chris Jericho “Has all that crowing hurt you voice? What the hell do you want Lameven?”

Raven just stares at Jericho before finally speaking.

Raven “While you talk the devil smiles, your insignificant life is yours to waste but do not waste others.”

Chris Jericho overemphasises a shocked expression before replying.

Chris Jericho “What? You may look like the crypt keeper but this isn’t channel 14’s scary movie night, so why don’t you hit the bricks junior?”

Raven “So quick to insult and yet so late to help. You’re the man that mocks the helpless to feed his ego. You’re the man who pities the blind with two fingers, the man who mocks the deaf with words. This isn’t your year Chris Jericho, this is the year of the Raven.”

Chris Jericho “You know, if you change “Raven” to jackass and “year of” to “big, dirty, filthy, disgusting”, then I might agree with you but until then why don’t you shut your beak and make your way back to the circus? Ass clown!”

The crowd give off a big cheer in support of Y2J’s statement.

Raven “Insult the down trodden all you want because when the time comes nobody will be safe from the devils wrath. Nobody chooses to be a devil, it is simply done through necessity. We may have been oppressed but soon we will rise and claim the heroes like you Chris Jericho. The men the people chose to cheer because you’re blessed with all the things God gave you. The things we were never given, the things we never had, and the things we’re going to take.”

Chris Jericho “So that’s what this is all about? This is because you can’t get a girlfriend? *The crowd cheer* You want some good old-fashioned loving? Well if you’re really desperate for a kiss, why don’t you pucker up those lips, and kiss my ass?”

Raven “Remember on this day you were fore warned, a Raven gave you a chance but you chose to mock it. You mock the messenger and he will leave, but one day he shall return and that day we’ll be the beginning of the end. Quote the Raven nevermore.”

Raven drops the microphone and makes his way to the back leaving a confused Chris Jericho.

Michael Cole “What the hell?”

Commercial Break

Kane Vs Test

Stephanie’s plan seems to be working early on as Kane dominates Test with raw power. Test comes back with neckbreaker and now he shows his strength against the bigger man. Test comes off the ropes, BIG BOOT! Kane just stuck that huge foot down Test’s throat! Test is thrown to the buckle and gets hit with a sidewalk slam coming out. Kane’s ready to end it here, he signals for the chokeslam. RIKISHI WITH A STEEL CHAIR! Rikishi from nowhere clocks Kane! Mike Chioda has to call for the bell. What the hell? Weren’t these two allies? Rikishi is beating the hell out of Kane. ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING! It’s Undertaker! What does he want? Undertaker’s beating the hell out of Rikishi, CHOKESLAM! Undertaker is leaving now; he just helped Kane, but why? What’s this all about?

Winner: Kane

Stephanie has finally caught up with her dad as action switches backstage. She is jogging to keep up.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Dad! Dad! Can I have a word?”

Vince stops but still looks in a rush.

Vince McMahon “Well I’m kinda busy at the moment, can you keep it short?”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Ok....... What are you doing Dad? What’s with this newfound love for Steve Austin? You do remember your history with him right?”

Vince gets a little agitated at this comment.

Vince McMahon “Of course I remember my history with him damn it! I’m not doing this because I’ve found a new love for Steve Austin, hell I hate that son of a bitch! I’m doing this because I’m sick and tired of the ways things are being run here, it seems whoever kisses the most ass gets the opportunities and that’s not how I want my business run! I’m sick of it and as of tonight, it’s stops! Now if you’ll excuse me I have some business to attend to.”

Vince carries on walking leaving a bewildered Stephanie.

Jerry Lawler “What’s got into Vince?”

Michael Cole “He’s acting like a proper boss for once King and I for one welcome it.”

Jerry Lawler “Well it doesn’t matter anymore Cole because the match is next.”

Michael Cole “Stone Cold verses Kurt Angle, next!”

Commercial Break

WWF Championship

Kurt Angle © Vs Steve Austin

The place is electric as Austin and Angle make their entrances, it can still be felt as both men circle around, Angle goes down looking to grab the legs but Austin dodges and nails a clothesline! Austin hammers away at Angle with right hands, Angle is in the corner and Austin is stomping the hell out of him! Angle smartly escapes as the crowd go nuts; the champion needs a new plan! Angle re-enters and quick as a cat he takes Austin down with a drop toehold. Angle keeps Austin grounded and uses some superb mat wrestling to slowly wear down the rattlesnake. Austin gets to his feet and hammers away at Kurt, Kurt is thrown off the ropes, LOU THRESH PRESS! Austin hammers away at Angle. Austin has control and it becomes a brawl. Angle is having six kinds of shit kicked out of him! Angle reverses in the corner and decides enough is enough and throws some right hands of his own. Big mistake as Austin shows him some real fighting and takes him over the top. Austin bounces Kurt’s off anything and everything as the champion looks in trouble. Austin looks to throw Kurt into the steel steps, REVERSAL; Austin goes crashing into the steel! Angle see’s the opening and doesn’t think twice as he stomps away at Austin’s injured back. Angle throws Austin into the ring and uses a vast away of attacks as he isolates Austin’s back. Overhead belly to belly! Angle thinks it’s over, he motions for the Olympic Slam. Austin stumbles up as Angle stalks him, he lifts him up but Austin drops down behind Angle! Austin pushes Kurt who unwillingly goes colliding into referee, Earl Hebner! Hebner is out! Austin has Kurt in the corner but Kurt fights out with some right hands and takes Austin down with a clothesline. Angle looks at a fallen Hebner and sees an opportunity; he goes to the outside and grabs the WWF Title belt. He slides into the ring as Austin slowly gets to his feet. Angle has Austin measured, DUCKED! Austin ducks! Austin comes back with some right hands; Angle comes off the ropes, STUNNER! STUNNER ON ANGLE! Austin has the cover but there’s no referee! Austin stumbles back up and goes over to referee Earl Hebner to try and revive him to no effect. Austin turns his attention back to Angle and lifts him up. LOW BLOW! Kurt goes downstairs with a desperation low blow and both men are down! Angle crawls over and drapes an arm, Hebner has recovered, One! Two! Thre-NO! Austin kicks out! Austin kicks out! The crowd go nuts! Angle stomps away at Austin, he signals the Olympic Slam. He lifts Austin up again but Austin once again drops down, Angle rebounds off the ropes, STUNNER! Stunner number two! Stephanie now comes running down to ringside, Austin has the cover and Earl gets to two but Stephanie drags him out! Hebner argues with Stephanie who nails him with a kick down low! Poor Earl is out again! Stephanie looks pleased with herself but Austin grabs her by the hair and drags her onto the apron. Stephanie looks scared shitless but Angle saves her with an Olympic Slam before collapsing again. Austin’s down! Kurt’s down! The referee’s down! It’s absolute carnage! Stephanie goes across and grabs a chair before sliding it to a recovered Kurt Angle. Mr McMahon is here! Vince comes running down to ringside with a pissed off look! He enters the ring and just as Kurt lifts the chair to hit Austin he drags the chair off him! Kurt turns around and looks like he’s seen a ghost as he stares right into Mr McMahon soul. Austin is recovering to his feet, WHACK! WHAT THE HELL? MCMAHON JUST NAILED AUSTIN! Vince screams at a shocked Kurt to cover and throws Earl Hebner back into the ring. Earl slowly gets into position, One! Two! Three! Angle retains! McMahon screwed Austin! McMahon re-enters the ring and he and Kurt embrace as the crowd erupt in a chorus of boo’s. McMahon thrust’s a relieved WWF Champions hand in the air as Stephanie claps approvingly on the outside.

Winner: Kurt Angle

Michael Cole “McMahon just screwed Austin! What the hell?”

Jerry Lawler “Aha! Vince has come to his senses! Stephanie must have talked some sense into him!”

Michael Cole “I wouldn’t want to be Vince McMahon next week on Raw. I’ve been Michael Cole alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler. Goodnight!”

Edited by Visionary

Great Smackdown, I liked most of the segments. You got Austin down cold, So props to you on that. I kinda got fooled By Vince, But once he entered the ring I knew what would happen. Can't wait to see what'll happen on Raw between him and Austin. I'm liking this Test/Stephanie rivalry you got going on, WWF dropped the ball big time on Test in 2000, And looks like in 2001 you're picking it back up. I hope to see more of Test (except versus Albert again).

Oh yeah, Undertaker and Kane possibly joining sides isn't so that, As long as it doesn't lead to them feuding. I just hope you don't have Rikishi in mind for Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent. (if you already WM planned out that is.)

Keep up the great work man (Y)

Top quality diary, m'man. I usually don't dig these 'what if' diaries, but I like that you've started off with ECW and WCW still alive and kicking. Will be interested in seeing where things go.

The detail in this is tremendous, and in a lot of cases, you've got the promos down pat. Great stuff, and I'll definitely keep reaidng

user posted image

WWF Sunday Night Heat

January 7th 2001

Frank Erwin Center (21,359) – Austin, Texas

Steve Blackman defeated K Kwik

Intercontinental Champion Chris Benoit defeated Tazz in a non-title match

Chris Jericho defeated Grand Master Sexay

Edited by Visionary

user posted image

eWrestlingNews

Backstage Fight At ECW

ECW superstars Nova and Mikey Whipwreck almost came to blows following a heated argument backstage at ECW pay per view, Guilty As Charged. It is believed Whipwreck had made derogatory comments towards Nova to other ECW superstars and when Nova confronted Whipwreck he was less then gracious in rebuffing the claims. It is reported that the two had a heated argument with the two almost coming to blows before being separated by fellow wrestlers.

WWF Approach Justin Credible

The WWF have made an official approach for ECW superstar Justin Credible. It is believed Credible has been offered a one-year deal. Credible has wrestled for the company before under the masked identity of Aldo Montoya and with ECW current financial state the backstage feeling is that Credible will sign with the WWF soon.

Al Snow Moved To OVW

WWF have been showing a lot of interest in raising the next set of superstars from their development territory in OVW recently and this has been made more apparent by the movement of Al Snow to Ohio. Al Snow will join former WWF superstars, Big Bossman, Mick Foley and Shawn Michaels to help regular training staff with day-to-day training.

Edited by Visionary

user posted image

WWF Raw Preview

January 8th 2001

San Jose Arena – San Jose, California

We come to you live from the San Jose Arena in California this week with what should prove to be an explosive Raw.

Last week on Smackdown Vince McMahon fooled us all with his “new” image before hitting “Stone Cold” Steve Austin with a steel chair, Austin is defiantly not going to forgive and forget so what will the rattlesnake have in store for Mr McMahon on Raw? Will Austin get some payback?

Also, last week on Smackdown Undertaker saved his brother Kane from a Rikishi beat down following a steel chair shot from the bad man. Why did Rikishi attack the man he allied with just four days previously and why did Undertaker help the man who chokeslammed him? Hopefully Raw will provide the answers!

The Hardy’s got a pasting at the hands of the Radicalz on Smackdown last Thursday but Matt has a chance for some revenge this week when he takes on Perry Saturn with a shot at Chris Benoit’s Intercontinental Championship on the line. If Hardy wins, he gets his shot.

Test has had his share of problems recently but will have to put all his recent issues with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and Albert aside when he takes on Val Venis in a Royal Rumble qualifier match.

Talking of the Rumble, Edge and Christian will be defending their Tag Titles against the Dudley Boyz at the Royal Rumble event. The champions are sure to be keeping a close eye on the challengers as they take on the APA this week.

Billy Gunn and Tazz will also be teaming when they take on Right To Censor members Bull Buchanan and Goodfather. With all this action you can’t afford to miss Raw this week!

Confirmed Matches

Matt Hardy Vs Perry Saturn

Test Vs Val Venis

APA Vs The Dudley Boyz

Billy Gunn & Tazz Vs Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan & Goodfather)

Edited by Visionary

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

WWF Raw

January 8th 2001

San Jose Arena (6,820) – San Jose, California

NO CHANCE THAT’S WHAT ‘CHA GOT! We kick off Raw with the despicable trio of WWF owner Vince McMahon, his daughter Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and WWF Champion Kurt Angle. We can barely see them through a see of blue shirts, as a whole host of security guards accompany them. The crowd give all three a piece of their mind but the trio remain unstirred as they enter the ring and security surrounds the ring. Mr McMahon is handed a microphone and an “asshole” chant starts up, much to Kurt’s annoyance but Vince just takes it in his stride.

Vince McMahon “It’s alright Kurt, who gives a damn what a bunch of hippies think?”

The crowd give Mr McMahon even more hell as Kurt laughs.

Vince McMahon “Before we begin let me make one thing clear, I am not here to give you people an explanation. Frankly you people don’t deserve an explanation. Hell, I’m Vince McMahon damn it and I don’t answer to you! I don’t answer to anyone!”

The crowd continue to boo Mr McMahon as he pauses.

Vince McMahon “Now with that out the way, let me move on to why I am out here. Austin! Last Thursday on Smackdown you lost against *Pointing to Kurt Angle* the WWF Champion in a classic match. *The crowd boo* It was a great match and you came so close Austin, but you just fell short. Now that shouldn’t be a problem, hell most people would want to shake my hand for the opportunity I gave you but you’re no ordinary man are you Austin? You’re “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, you’re the Texas rattlesnake; you’re the baddest son of a bitch in the business! I’m a smart man Austin and I’ve dealt with you before, I know you’re gonna go all out to get your hands on me, well let me tell you Austin *McMahon points to the security* that’s not gonna happen! I also know that you’re gonna demand a title rematch and guess what? That’s not gonna happen!”

The crowd start to chant asshole again and an annoyed Vince waits for them to die down.

Vince McMahon “But despite what you people obviously think, I am a fair man, which is why I have booked *Looking at Kurt Angle* you in another match just days after your big title defence. I want to show I have no favourites so tonight it’s going to be Kurt Angle Vs THE ROCK! *The crowd go nuts as Kurt looks a little taken aback* And as for you Austin, I’ve given you the night off.”

Suddenly the titantron goes live to Austin out back in the parking lot in his 3:16 monster truck as the crowd go nuts

Steve Austin “I’d love to be there in person to show you what I really think of ya but since you surrounded yourself with more security then I drank beers I guess I ain’t invited. So old Stone Cold’s drank really hard and tried to come up with a solution to his problem and……………………………..”

Austin stops and downs a beer before tossing it aside as the crowd cheer.

Steve Austin “So I have a solution to the problem, you say you’re not gonna give me a title shot? You say that’s not gonna happen?”

Vince McMahon “You had you’re chance Austin and there’s no chance in hell, I’m gonna give you another title shot.”

Steve Austin “Then I best see what I can do to change ya mind.”

Austin throws the monster truck into gear and the camera pans away to show Austin driving over a limo, Mr McMahon’s Limo! Vince is irate!

Vince McMahon “What the hell are you doing? You think I’m gonna give you a title shot now? Damn it! Security! We’re going down there!”

The camera focuses on Austin as McMahon and company make their way down the ramp.

Steve Austin “I ain’t even started yet. You’re gonna give me a title shot Vince cause if you don’t I’m gonna make you’re life a living hell. AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE 'CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!

Jerry Lawler “I don’t believe what Austin just did JR! Is he crazy?”

Jim Ross “No King, he’s just damn pissed off! You don’t mess with the rattlesnake!”

Commercial Break

APA Vs The Dudley Boyz

Before the match we are shown “during the break” and McMahon and company with security searching for Austin in the parking lot to no avail. Back to the match and a brawl to start us off as four big bulls look to dominate, APA seem to gain control and Bradshaw begins to wear down D-Von with a pound and ground attack. D-Von back off the ropes with a shoulder block! D-Von tags in Buh Buh and now the Dudley’s have control. The Dudley’s do a good job of isolating Bradshaw and keep the fresh man in. Farooq has had enough and comes in to break up the count; illegal man Buh Buh takes him over the top to the outside and follows him and both men brawl on the outside. CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! Bradshaw buys himself some time! Both legal men are flat out! Buh Buh goes flying into the steel steps as Farooq gains control on the outside. Farooq come in the ring. D-Von is thrown off the ropes, CLOTHESLINE! D-Von takes them both down. D-Von is on fire now with constant knockdowns to both APA members. Farooq is clotheslined over the top. D-Von has Bradshaw in control but wait, here come Edge and Christian. They have D-Von distracted; D-Von gets back to business, CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! This time Bradshaw covers, one, two, three! Edge and Christian cost the Dudleyz the match and boy are they happy with themselves.

Winners: APA

We go backstage to Vince alone in his office bar some security and looking extremely pissed off. There’s a knock on the door and Trish Stratus walks in.

Vince McMahon “What do you want?”

Trish starts to flirt with Vince by running her finger up and down his chest.

Trish Stratus “Well I couldn’t help but notice what happened earlier and was wondering if I could “de-stress” you?”

Vince starts to smile at Trish proposition but is rudely interrupted by Undertaker who glares at Trish.

Trish Stratus “I think I’ll come back later.”

Trish leaves and Vince looks extremely pissed off once more.

Vince McMahon “What the hell do you want?”

Undertaker “First of all I want you to show me respect or I’ll be forced to beat it into ya.”

The security guard moves towards Taker to protect McMahon but McMahon ushers him away.

Vince McMahon “Who are you to demand anything from me? I’m the owner of this company and I pay your wages Taker. You better remember that.”

Undertaker “Then let me put it a different way.”

Taker grabs Vince by the throat and gets right into his face as the crowd cheer. The security guard now does come towards Taker but Taker drops McMahon and lays security out with one punch to a loud pop. Taker then grabs McMahon again.

Undertaker “Tonight I want a tag team match, I don’t care who against but my partner will be my brother. You’re gonna give me this McMahon or I’ll be forced to break every bone in your body!”

Taker releases the grip and McMahon tries to get some air back into his lungs.

Vince McMahon “Ok, ok. Tonight it’s going to be Undertaker and Kane Vs Rikishi and William Regal. Ok?”

Undertaker “Smart move old man.”

Taker leaves a still rather ruffled Vince McMahon.

Jerry Lawler “Undertaker can’t do that to Vince McMahon!”

Jim Ross “You should go tell him that King, I’m sure he’d listen.”

Jerry Lawler “I think I’ll pass JR.”

Jim Ross “I thought you might.”

Commercial Break

Matt Hardy w Lita Vs Perry Saturn w Terri

Well Lita is with Matt for this one and Saturn even has Terri but the crowd are still pretty dead. Hardy starts off strong and comes off the ropes with a spin kick to take the early advantage. Saturn comes back with a neckbreaker. Saturn has control. Hardy off the ropes, ducks a clothesline. Crossbody block and a near fall! Hardy has control again. He has Saturn hooked up for a Twist Of Fate but Terri has Hardy’s leg. Matt turns around and Saturn rolls up Hardy for a near fall. Saturn takes Matt down with a clothesline. Terri distracts referee Jack Doan on the apron and Saturn gets a steel chair. Saturn has a chair! Lita enters the ring now; Lita takes the chair off Saturn and kicks him down low! Matt turns him around TWIST OF FATE! Terri has jumped down and Matt covers. One! Two Three! Matt Hardy wins! Matt gets a shot at Chris Benoit for the Intercontinental Title! Matt and Lita embrace.

Winner: Matt Hardy

Action switches backstage and to Undertaker’s locker room, Kane walks in and doesn’t say a word, he just looks at Undertaker with a confused expression.

Undertaker “If you here for answers then you can forget it, I’ll answer all the questions in that ring tonight when me and you take on Rikishi and Regal, you just get yo’r ass ready.”

Taker walks off leaving a still confused Big Red Machine.

Jerry Lawler “What is The Undertakers motive here JR? What is he trying to prove?”

Jim Ross “I don’t know King but I have a feeling we might find out tonight.”

Commercial Break

Billy Gunn & Tazz Vs Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan & The Goodfather)

Bull Buchanan has been getting some stick from a few smarks in the crowd recently, regardless he and Tazz start off and Bull’s power see’s him take an early advantage. Tazz rebounds with a clothesline and now he controls with a variety of suplexs. Tazz takes in Billy who uses his straight brawling style to keep control until a well-placed Goodfather kick gives Bull control. Now RTC use good old-fashioned heel tactics to keep Billy isolated. Tazz distracts Brian Hebner a numerous amount of times that allows a variety of double team offence. Billy is sent of the ropes by both RTC members and rebounds with a clothesline to both! Billy needs the tag! Billy makes the tag! Tazz is on fire with straight brawling! Tazz is in control of Bull, he locks in the TAZZMISSION! TAZZMISSION! Goodfather breaks it up but Billy takes him out with a clothesline and follows him outside. Tazz picks up Bull but Bull comes back with a clothesline! Bull pins but he’s feet are on the ropes! Blind Hebner doesn’t see it and Bull steals one! Bull and Goodfather get out of dodge quickly with the win.

Winners: Right To Censor

Commercial Break

We come back to Raw and The Coach is standing by with the ever-confident Rock and his adoring fans give out a loud cheer.

Jonathan Coachman “Tonight Rock you take on WWF Champion Kurt Angle in a non-title match and with the recent actions of the “Stone Cold” Steve Austin are you worried that the rattlesnake will make an appearance in your match?”

The Rock “Let The Rock make this perfectly clear to you Coach, The Rock is worried about the current state of the Indonesian economy, The Rock is worried about the current international strife in the middle east, The Rock is worried about the fact he is standing next to a man who likes to tickle other men but THE ROCK IS NOT! The Rock is not worried about “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, The Rock is not worried about Kurt Angle and The Rock sure has hell isn’t worried about Vince McMahon. Steve Austin can interfere in the match and it doesn’t matter, Steve Austin can get drunk and wind up in a ditch with his name changed to Co-Co Shaniqua and it doesn’t matter! All that matters is that The Rock will beat the living hell out of that Olympic Jabroni Kurt Angle, IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!

Rock raises the eyebrow and the crowd go nuts. Action now stays backstage and to Test walking to the ring for his match until he bumps into Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, who of course has a security guard.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Going to qualify for the Royal Rumble Test? I suppose your dream is to win it and to go on to WrestleMania? Stop dreaming! You’re not going to even qualify for the Rumble never mind win it and I’m going to make sure of it!”

Test “There’s only so far you can push a man Steph and if you even think of trying to screw me out of the Rumble then I will do whatever it takes to make sure you don’t even if that means hurting you.”

Test aggressively brushes past security and makes his way to the ring.

Test Vs Val Venis

Test is made to look dominant with what looks like a dull squash until Stephanie comes down to the ring with her guard. She distracts referee Mike Chioda and Val uses the opportunity to hit a low blow. Val covers for a one and a half count. Test comes off the ropes but Val ducks and Test nails Mike Chioda with a weak Big Boot. Test checks on Chioda and Val uses this to take some control until Test takes him down with a clothesline. Stephanie enters the ring with a chair and Austin’s music starts up much to the delight of the crowd. Austin comes running down to the ring and Stephanie scarpers. STUNNER ON VAL! STUNNER ON SECRUITY! STUNNER ON TEST TOO! Austin drags Test over Val and wakes Chioda. Chioda counts the three and Test qualifies for the Royal Rumble and a distant Stephanie is irate as Austin, after stepping up his campaign against the McMahon family adds insult to injury and gives her the finger!

Winner: Test

Commercial Break

Raw comes back live and Stephanie’s daddy’s office and she is still seething with Austin. Two new security guards are with both McMahon’s.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Did you just see that dad? Did you just see what Austin did?”

Vince McMahon “Yes I saw it but don’t worry, you said yourself that Test has no chance of winning the rumble anyway. We have bigger problems then Test at the moment like making sure Austin can’t interfere in the main event tonight so please will you just leave me to sort things out?”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “But dad!”

Vince McMahon “Leave it, please.”

Stephanie reluctantly leaves with her guard.

Kane & Undertaker Vs Rikishi & William Regal

Kane and Undertaker make a formidable team and dominate the early going with strong power offence. Regal does hit a back suplex on Kane to gain some momentum but that is soon lost when Kane hits the Big Boot on Rikishi. Rikishi comes off the buckle, sidewalk slam! Kane wants to end it with the chokeslam. Kane has Rikishi around the throat but Regal jumps in to attack Kane but Undertaker cuts him off! Taker has Regal by the throat! DOUBLE CHOKESLAM! Regal and Rikishi got planted! Kane covers and Junior Hebner counts the three. After the match Kane just stares at a nodding Undertaker before leaving to the back followed by his brother.

Winners: Kane and Undertaker

Commercial Break

We come back to Raw and Vince, Stephanie and Kurt are all swamped by a mass of security guards and are making their way towards the curtain.

Kurt Angle w Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley & Vince McMahon Vs The Rock

Security swamps ringside as Rock takes an early advantage with explosive right hands to take Kurt over the top rope. Kurt regroups on the outside and keeps Rock down with some good technical wrestling. Rock fights his way back with some right hands, off the ropes, overhead belly To belly! Angle plants Rock with a beautiful move. Angle masterfully controls Rock now. Rock is thrown into the corner and Angle leaves his orthodox offence to level Rock with right hands but it backfires! Rock reverses and Angle is in the corner, Rock explodes with right hands and the last one almost takes Angle out of his boots! Rock throws Angle off the ropes, clothesline! Rock is building momentum. Scoop slam! Rock is ready for the People’s Elbow but Vince jumps on the apron. Rock goes over nails him. Rock comes back to Angle but Angle traps him in an inside cradle! One, Two thre-no! So close, Vince and Stephanie can’t believe it! The Rock knocks down Angle! Stephanie is on the apron this time and referee Earl Hebner argues with her to get down while The Rock insults her. Vince takes the opportunity to slide a chair to Kurt, Rock turns around and Angle swings but Rock ducks and hooks up the Rock Bottom! ROCK BOTTOM! ROCK BOTTOM! One, Two, Thre-no!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Angle gets his foot on the bottom rope! That 3’rd I shines through! Rock can’t believe it! Scoop slam and The Rock wants The People’s Elbow again! Off the ropes but Vince has his foot! Rock stomps him away and Stephanie enters the ring and distracts both Hebner and Rock. LOW BLOW! Angle low blows The Rock! Schoolboy, One, Two, Three! Angle gets the win! Angle gets the win! Angle’s music plays but that is interrupted abruptly by the titantron. It’s Austin! Austin in the McMahon-Helmsley lounge! He’s wrecking the joint! Chairs flying everywhere! Smashed pictures! Vince is irate and sends security down to Austin! We follow Vince, Steph, Kurt and security but when they get there Austin is gone. Vince orders security to the parking lot and the trio follow and when they get there they see Austin hanging out the window of his monster truck, laughing and giving the finger! The crowd love it!

Winner: Kurt Angle

Jerry Lawler “Austin’s a manic JR!”

Jim Ross “McMahon screwed Austin and now Austin is screwing McMahon, what’s going to happen this Thursday night?”

Edited by Visionary

Pretty good Raw, I think we'll see Austin versus Angle versus The Rock at the Rumble. Though, I think you might just end up going with Austin entering the Rumble while Rock fights Angle. I'm liking the Test push, I hope he ends up booting Stephanie in the face or something, It would be cool to see him just snap like that.

Also, I don't really care for Credible possibly coming into the company. I just hope you have something better for him than the X-Factor.

Keep up the good work (Y)

Not overly different to what was going on at the time, but why bother, this diary is good. Edge & Christian mocking Austin was fantastic, the Vince turn was predictable but necessary, the Rock interview was spot on, and it's brilliant to see you using Raven. I'm looking forward to SmackDown!

user posted image

eWrestlingNews

Sid Vicious Injured!

It has been reported that on Nitro this week Sid Vicious was injured during his match with a returning Lex Luger. Sid managed to separate his shoulder at one point in the match and will be out of action for around a month.

Justin Credible To Stay With ECW

Justin Credible has not signed for the WWF and will be staying with ECW, Credible himself has said any talk of him leaving ECW was rubbish and he had no intention of leaving despite various Internet rumours.

Ken Shamrock With WWF?

Ken Shamrock was spotted backstage at Raw this week and the common belief is that Shamrock has already signed for the WWF and is ready to appear at the Royal Rumble.

user posted image

WWF Smackdown Preview

January 11th 2001

Oakland Arena – Oakland, California

The WWF comes to the Oakland Arena for Smackdown and it’s set to be an explosive night!

On Raw, Steve Austin stepped up his campaign against the McMahon family by driving over their limo and smashing up their private lounge! How far will Austin go to get his title shot and will Mr McMahon bow under the pressure?

Also on Raw, Matt Hardy earned an Intercontinental Title shot against Chris Benoit for the Royal Rumble. Well this rivalry has been personal from day one and it’s set to get even more so as Matt’s brother Jeff takes on Benoit hoping to get his brother a physiological edge.

The Dudley Boyz will also have revenge on their mind after their opponents at the Rumble, Edge and Christian cost them a match against the APA. They will have their chance when D-Von takes on Christian in singles competition.

With all this and Chris Jericho set to take on William Regal, Billy Gunn against Steven Richards and Bradshaw against The Goodfather you can’t afford to miss any of the action from Oakland, CA!

Confirmed Matches

Chris Benoit Vs Jeff Hardy

Christian Vs D-Von Dudley

Chris Jericho Vs William Regal

Billy Gunn Vs Steven Richards

Bradshaw Vs The Goodfather

Edited by Visionary

I'm glad to see you won't be signing Justin Credible. I never thought he fit in much with the WWF back in 2001. As far as Shamrock goes, Do it! Shamrock versus Angle would be a awesome match to see at like say............ Wrestlemania 17. Smackdown looks good, I hope guys like The Rock, Austin, Kane, Undertaker do something big.

Keep up the good work (Y)