World Championship Wrestling 1997

Hewey

WCW Main Event

Announcers: Michael Cole and Larry Zbyszko

Taped from: Orlando, Florida

Main Event opens up with it's usual regular opening and then we're taken to the announce booth where Michael Cole and Larry Zbyszko are standing by.

Michael Cole- Welcome to WCW Main Event. I'm Michael Cole and standing by me is the one and only the "living legend" Larry Zbyszko. And Larry what a main event we're going to have it'll be Scott Norton of the nWo facing "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan!

Larry Zbyszko- Hacksaw takes on Norton what a great match that one is going to be, Hopefully Duggan takes care of Norton WCW style!

Michael Cole- We'll also be hearing from Sonny Oono who claims he's got a new client. Oono is already managing the current Cruiserweight Champion, Ultimo Dragon. Who will be this new client of Sonny Oono?

Larry Zbyszko- Well Sonny Oono has had alot of success as of late, The person he's bringing in will no doubt be a true player in WCW.

Michael Cole- Fans the first match of the afternoon will be Chris Benoit taking on "mean" Mike Enos!

Chris Benoit with Woman defeated Mike Enos

Benoit took it to Enos jumping "Mean Mike" right from behind as the bell rang. Benoit pounded away on Enos in the corner with chops and right hands.... Benoit then stomped down on Enos while Woman approved from ringside. Benoit had Enos down at one point of the match and went up top..... Benoit missed his Diving Headbutt which allowed Enos to roll over on top of Benoit for a two count. Enos then got near falls on Benoit with a stiff clothesline and high suplex. Enos choked away on Benoit in the corner and followed with a high back suplex for a 2 count. Enos continued his assault on Benoit by ramming Benoit's arm across the steel ring post three times! Enos then followed with a bulldog for 2. Enos had Benoit down with a DDT but decided to go up top.... Enos ended up missing a elbow drop which allowed Benoit to make his come back.... Benoit took Enos out with three german suplexes one right after the other! Benoit finished Enos off with a big powerbomb.... Benoit then went up top and connected with the Diving Headbutt for the one, two, three. Afterwards Woman raised Benoit's arm in the air before heading to the back.

56, 52, 75

Michael Cole- Chris Benoit picks up the win over "Mean" Mike Enos. What an impressive win for Benoit coming off a loss at Starrcade to Jeff Jarrett. The Horsemen continue their winning ways Larry.

Larry Zbyszko- The "Canadian Crippler" just put away "Mean" here today, Big win for Chris Benoit.... My question is what will happen between The Taskmaster and Benoit next?

Michael Cole- Fans do not go away because up next we'll hear from Sonny Oono. Oono claims he has a new client with him, Who's it going to be? Find out next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sonny Oono debuts a new client

When Main Event comes back from the commercial break, Sonno Oono is in the ring with a microphone in hand.

Sonny Oono- Everyone know who Sonno Oono is! Sonny Oono man who lead Ultimo Dragon to greatness at Starrcade! Dragon beat your America Dean Malenko! Japan number one! But now I want to manage more than one superstar to greatness! I have lead Ultimo Dragon to nine! Count them nine titles! Including WCW Cruiserweight belt! Now I manage another star to even bigger greatness! I have lead this man before and with me by his side he was a former WCW United States champion! Ladies and gentlemen my new client is Japanese star Kensuke Sasaki!

Some generic Japanese music hits as Kensuke Sasaki makes his way down to the ring with Oono smiling. Sasaki gets inside the ring and shakes hands with Oono.

Sonny Oono- Look at this! This man a machine! Japan number one! I will lead Japan to greatness here in WCW! Bet on that fools! Sonny Oono and Japan going to rule WCW!

Oono's music hits to boos from the fans as he and Sasaki raise their arms in the air.... Sasaki and Oono head to the back as the music of Psychosis hits the arena.... Psychosis and Juventud Guerrera then make their way down to the ring to some cheers.

Kensuke Sasaki gained overness from this segment. Sonny Oono gained overness from this segment.

Faces Of Fear with Jimmy Hart defeated Juventud Guerrera and Psychosis

Faces Of Fear then came down to the ring with manager Jimmy Hart.... The match started off with all four men going at it and Juventud and Psychosis were able to send Meng and The Barbarian out to the floor with a pair of drop kicks.... Juventud and Psychosis then both came off the top turnbuckle all the way out to the floor onto the Faces Of Fear! But when the action got back inside the ring, Barbarian took Psychosis out with a stiff clothesline! Barbarian then tagged Meng in who went wild on Psychosis in the corner.... Meng choked and pounded away on the Mexican superstar. Barbarian got tagged back in and almost won the match for his team when he hit a piledriver on Psychosis..... Barbarian ended up going for the Kick Of Fear but it was ducked and Psychosis took him out with a DDT. Psychosis then made the hot tag to Juventud while Meng got tagged in. Juventud nailed a huge drop kick to Meng but it didn't take Meng off his feet. Juventud and Psychosis then double drop kicked Meng sending him out to the floor. Psychosis though ended up walking right into the Kick Of Fear from The Barbarian knocking him out! Juventud went for the Juvi Driver to Barbarian but couldn't get the big man up... Barbarian clubbed Juvi in the back and then send him right into Meng's Tongan Death Grip for the submission win! Afterwards Jimmy Hart celebrated with Faces Of Fear as Main Event went to a break.

56, 49, 78

Juventud Guerrera debuted his new gimmick (luchadore), it got a positive response. Psychosis debuted his new gimmick (luchadore), it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Glacier defeated Greg Valentine

Glacier came out with his impressive entrance and did some martial arts moves as the "snow" fell into the arena. Valentine jumped Glacier from behind and the two men ended up out on the floor..... Valentine sent Glacier onto the ring post and then the steps! Valentine then dominated Glacier inside the ring nailing a big neck breaker for 2. Valentine worked over Glacier's leg softening it up for the Figure Four..... During the final moments of the match, Valentine went for a clothesline but Glacier ducked and nailed a jaw breaker to Valentine putting both men down.... The referee made it to a 8 count and both men got up.... Glacier drilled Valentine with right hands and followed with a big clothesline... Glacier then nailed a atomic drop and big drop kick to Valentine.... Glacier then finished off Valentine with the Cryonic Kick for the three. Afterwards Glacier's music hit as the "snow" fell into the arena and Glacier did his martial arts moves....

50, 52, 61

Michael Cole- Glacier picks up the big win here on Main Event. The veteran Greg Valentine tried his hardest to put away Glacier but in the end Glacier picks up an impressive hard fought win.

Larry Zbyszko- The veteran Valentine gave us an impressive match but Glacier was just too much tonight, Glacier continues to impress me and he's a guy who's WCW all the way!

Michael Cole- Fans lets take you to the backstage area where we understand Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with the former seven time Tag Team Champions Harlem Heat.

Interview with Harlem Heat

The cameras take us to the locker room area backstage where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by and next to him is the former seven time WCW Tag Team Champions Booker T and Stevie Ray.... Harlem Heat.

Mean Gene Okerlund- Harlem Heat you guys prepare to take on the tag team of The Renegade and Joe Gomez, Last year you two dominated the tag team division and won the titles multiple times before losing the titles to The Outsiders at Halloween Havoc. The Outsiders still have no challengers for nWo Souled Out, Would you two be willing to step up to the plate and face them for the titles?

Booker T- You know something Mean Gene? You got those two fools of the nWo holding our Tag Team title belts! Hall and Nash you two boys have yet to give us a rematch and I want the titles back suckas! Today we'll take care of Gomez and Renegade and then you two better watch out because Harlem Heat wants the titles back! Now can you dig that sucka?

Stevie Ray- Mean Gene you got those two fruity booties running around WCW like the big men on campus. They walk around with the titles they stole from Harlem Heat! Those two yaks want a challenge? Well if those two suckas want a match they got one! Anytime, anywhere!

Mean Gene Okerlund- Fans you heard it from Harlem Heat, Stay tuned because up next they face the young team of The Renegade and Joe Gomez!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Harlem Heat defeated The Renegade and Joe Gomez

Renegade and Gomez started off hot taking out Harlem Heat and using double team tactics to Booker T keeping him isolated from Stevie Ray. But Booker T soon took out Renegade with a Harlem Side Kick and tagged in Stevie Ray. Ray over powered Renegade in the corner and beat him down.... Ray got a near fall when he delivered a huge butterfly suplex to Renegade for 2. Ray pounded away on Renegade and then tagged Booker T back in. Booker scored with the Scissors Kick and a big suplex for near falls. Booker followed with a missile drop kick off the top for another 2 count. Renegade was able to make the tag to Gomez after taking Booker out with a spinebuster.... Renegade then knocked Stevie Ray off the apron and made the hot tag to Joe Gomez. Gomez came in and knocked Booker down with a drop kick! Ray came into the ring and got taken down by a clothesline! Gomez then threw Booker out to the floor.... Gomez and Renegade hit a double clothesline to Stevie Ray which got a 2 count.... Renegade and Gomez went for another double clothesline but Booker pulled Renegade out to the floor and send him to the steel ring post! Ray then grabbed Gomez in a bear hug position..... Booker T then followed with a side kick and covered Gomez for the one, two, three! Afterwards Harlem Heat celebrated the win to boos from the fans.....

61, 58, 78

Joe Gomez debuted his new gimmick (Old School Face), it got a positive response.

Michael Cole- What a great tag team match up, Harlem Heat picks up the win here on Main Event Larry, Harlem Heat could be next in line for a shot against The Outsiders.

Larry Zbyszko- Well Joe Gomez and The Renegade gave it their all but in the end Harlem Heat were just too big and strong.... I would love to see Harlem Heat challenge The Outsiders for the titles, Harlem Heat are WCW all the way and they are a better team than Hall and Nash too!

Michael Cole- The tag teams here in WCW all want a shot at the gold, Teams like Harlem Heat, Public Enemy, Faces Of Fear, Gomez and Renegade and many more tag teams.

Larry Zbyszko- And any one of those teams could beat Hall and Nash any day of the week in my opinion!

Michael Cole- Fans we're going to take you to the back once again where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Jim Duggan!

Interview with Jim Duggan

We're taken back to the locker room where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan who has the American flag and the 2x4 with him.

Mean Gene Okerlund- I'm standing by with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, And Duggan you prepare to face a member of the nWo and that is Scott Norton. Hacksaw what are your thoughts?

Jim Duggan- Well you know Gene, The nWo have had the upper hand on us here in WCW for quite awhile now! But Scott Norton you can bet that old Hacksaw will beat you! I will bring old glory down to the ring with me and beat you like you never been beaten before.... Hoooooo!

Mean Gene Okerlund- Fans you heard it from him, Up next Jim Duggan takes on Scott Norton!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jim Duggan defeated Scott Norton

Duggan and Norton started off trying to knock each other down.... Norton was able to take down Duggan with a shoulder block... But Duggan fought back with right hands.... Duggan took Norton down with a clothesline and then followed with another clothesline and a big knee to the gut for 2. Norton though reversed a whip and took Duggan out with a stiff clothesline for 2. Norton followed with a corner avalanche and a big sidewalk slam for 2. Norton followed gaining a near fall with a huge clothesline.... Norton went for the Norton Bomb late in the match but Duggan fought out of it and nailed a jaw breaker to Norton.... Duggan then followed with the Three Point Stance knocking out Norton! Duggan then nailed the Old Glory knee drop for the one, two, three! Afterwards Duggan's music hit as Duggan took the American flag and waved it around as Main Event went off the air.

57, 66, 61

OR Show Rating- 62

TV Rating- We got a 2.96 rating for 'Main Event'!

The attendance level was 6525 people.

We made $261000 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 2.92 television rating for 'Superstars'!

The event was attended by 4006 people.

They made $160240 from ticket sales.

Edited by Baby Hewey

I am a bit confused hewey, why is the wolfpac heels...I thought they were always faces....plz help me out here...

The face Wolfpac you're thinking of is Sting/Nash/Konnan/Luger/Savage. But in 97 Hall/Nash/Syxx had formed their own "wolfpac" group and they were heels.... It formed around late summer.... All the Syxx/Nash/Hall version of the Wolfpac were was mainly a different combination of tag team champions.... At times it'd be Hall/Syxx defending the titles even though Hall/Nash were the champions.... Savage and Hall teamed once in awhile to defend the belts but I don't think Savage was wolfpac....

So Sting/Nash/Konnan/Luger/Savage '98 is the face Wolfpac.... Syxx/Hall/Nash is the heel one... Hope that makes sense....

Guest blueblood

I haven't read ME yet Hewey but about the catchphrase for Syxx. He said it on WCW Nitro for Playstation so it sounded like a catchpharse. Use it if ya want.

Guest blueblood

Good ME Hewey. I have a few things to say though.

Scott Norton's finisher is a Shoulder Breaker I think and I don't think that he called it The Norton Bomb. I may be wrong though. And I didn't know Harlem Heat was heel in 1997. I guess they turned face in 1998.

Anyway, good show. Nitro is next so I can't wait to see what you have planned for us.

P.S. nWo is just to sweet! So quit making them lose....lol.

Good ME Hewey. I have a few things to say though.

Scott Norton's finisher is a Shoulder Breaker I think and I don't think that he called it The Norton Bomb. I may be wrong though. And I didn't know Harlem Heat was heel in 1997. I guess they turned face in 1998.

Anyway, good show. Nitro is next so I can't wait to see what you have planned for us.

P.S. nWo is just to sweet! So quit making them lose....lol.

I didn't know his finisher was a shoulder breaker but I remember him having something called the Norton Bomb....

Technically Harlem Heat were heels in 97 since they made no face turn in 96 prior to it, I honestly have no idea how they turned face since at times they'd face the nWo and then they'd face babyface teams like the Steiners and whatever else.....

Thanks for the comments, Nitro preview should be up later

Hey man, I haven't had time to check out this diary before but now I have read it and it is sounding awsome so far. I never was a WCW fan so I don't know all the wrestlers and stuff so this diary should help me. It's a shame though that all the WWF '95 diary was lost, it was on a roll. Anyways, I hope this diary does well and I'll be adding it to my sig for ya!

user posted image

Live from: Denver, Colorado

The first Monday Nitro of 1997 will be a hot one! We know that the nWo will be in Denver! What does the nWo have to say about last week when they kicked The Giant out of the nWo?

What will the WCW World Champion, Hollywood Hogan have to say about The Giant being the number one contender? Will The Giant show up?

Eddie Guerrero will also be in Denver. What does the current WCW United States Champion have to say about Syxx walking around with his title?

Diamond Dallas Page will be in action, Will the nWo offer him a spot in the group again? How will The Outsiders convince Page to join the nWo?

At Starrcade we saw Sting come down to the ring during the Lex Luger V The Giant match... Will Sting show up? Will he talk?

Matches for Monday Nitro

Ultimo Dragon© V Rey Mysterio Jr. WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Jeff Jarrett, Steve McMichael and Arn Anderson V Faces Of Fear and Hugh Morrus

Lex Luger V The Taskmaster

Steiner Brothers V Amazing French Canadians

Diamond Dallas Page V Disco Inferno

Plus much more!

Thanks for the comments cjt4ever :D

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Announcers: Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan

Live from: Denver, Colorado

Monday Nitro opens up with it's usual regular opening and then we're taken to the area where pyros shoot off.... We're then taken to the announce booth where Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan are standing by.

Tony Schiavone- Welcome to Monday Nitro! We are live here in beautiful Denver, Colorado and Bobby what a night we're gonna have! Last week we saw The Giant get kicked out of the nWo and we know that The Giant is here! We also know that the nWo is also here! What will happen tonight?

Bobby Heenan - The Giant got booted out of the nWo last week for asking for his World Heavyweight title shot and you know the big man isn't going to be in a good mood especially after having "nWo" spray painted on his back!

Tony Schiavone- Fans will Sting be here tonight? Will he talk? Sting showed up at Starrcade during The Giant versus Lex Luger match and left the baseball bat in the middle of the ring for one of those men to use.... Luger used it and won.... Does that mean Sting is WCW? Fans tonight we got great action, The Cruiserweight title will be on the line, Diamond Dallas Page is in action and speaking of Page, Will the nWo offer him a spot in the nWo tonight? Fans tonight you're going to get action like only WCW can give you!

Bobby Heenan - Oh yeah you won't get evil plumbers wrestling around here, You'll get the best action that only WCW can offer!

The nWo wants a new member!

The music of the nWo hits the arena to boos from the fans here in Denver..... Eric Bischoff makes his way down the ramp way but stops.... Hollywood Hogan then comes down the ramp way using the WCW World Championship as a guitar playing it..... Hogan then stops as Scott Hall comes down the ramp way walking ever so cocky wearing the WCW Tag Team Championship around his waste..... Hall throws his toothpick at the camera as Bischoff and Hogan reach the ring.... Hall points back to the entry way as Kevin Nash walks down the entry way also wearing the WCW Tag Team Championship around his waste.... Syxx then follows Nash, Wearing Eddie Guerrero's WCW United States Championship around his waste.... Nash and Syxx point back to the entry way as the rest of the nWo.... Big Bubba Rogers, Buff Bagwell, Elizabeth, Masahiro Chono, Michael Wallstreet, Scott Norton, Ted DiBiase and Vincent make their way down the ramp way. Eventually everyone gets inside the ring and Eric Bischoff is handed a microphone.

Eric Bischoff- Thank you for that rousing ovation!

The fans boo the nWo as Bischoff looks on with a big smile.

Eric Bischoff- Now last week we all saw what happened, The Giant had the nerve to ask Hollywood Hogan for a title shot after dropping the ball at Starrcade! Giant you blew it against Luger! You couldn't even put Luger away! How dare you ask for a shot after dropping the ball? Giant you might have won World War 3 but lets not forget you had alot of help from the nWo to do so pal! What do you got to say Hollywood?

The fans boo as Eric Bischoff hands Hollywood Hogan the microphone.... Hollywood Hogan looks at the crowd who chants "Hogan sucks" over and over again.... Hogan puts the title on his shoulder and prepares to speak.

Hollywood Hogan- Giant brother you gotta realize one thing, And that brother is that Hollywood Hogan is the WCW Champion brother and that there's no way you will ever see the title again! Remember that I was the one who beat you at Hog Wild for it brother! Giant you dropped the ball at Starrcade and made the nWo look like a joke! And brother you're not worthy of facing Hollywood Hogan! Hollywood rules the world brother and I am the WCW Champion! But you did win World War 3 and you are the number one contender for now..... Giant if you want a shot at the title I accept! I will put the title on the line against you anytime, anywhere! Any place! Because brother I have beaten you some many times and one more time won't matter! But Giant just remember something brother, I got the whole nWo backing me up while you're all alone! Hollywood Hogan fears no one and Giant you will learn why Hollywood and the nWo rule the world!

The fans continue booing Hogan and chanting "Hogan sucks" as Hogan hands the microphone back to Eric Bischoff.

Eric Bischoff- Hold on Hollywood, The Giant might be the number one contender but he's going to have to prove himself tonight.... I'll explain the rules a little later tonight though.... And Giant if you prove yourself worthy then you will meet Hollywood Hogan at nWo Souled Out for the WCW World Championship! Speaking of Souled Out there's two men right here that are champions but have no competition for nWo Souled Out.... And they are the WCW Tag Team Champions Scott Hall and Kevin Nash and they are The Outsiders!

The fans boo as Eric Bischoff hands Scott Hall the microphone.... Hall does his "I'm scared" finger taunt at the fans before getting ready to speak.

Scott Hall- Hey yo!

The fans say "hey yo" back to Hall as Hall grins, Hall then prepares to speak again....

Scott Hall- Now we got some business to take care of, But first how many of you people came here to see the nWo?

The fans boo Scott Hall and the nWo.........

Scott Hall- And how many of you came here to see the WCW?

The fans cheer for WCW as Hall and the nWo look on, Some members look pissed while Hall just grins....

Scott Hall- One more for the good guys! Now lets take care of business.... Me and Nash are the current champions and we got no competition! We've beaten every sorry excuse for a tag team WCW has! We're still the champions! Me and "Big Sexy" have been the champions since October and no one has come close to beating us! Not the Nasty Boys, Not Harlem Heat.... Not even the so called Faces Of Fear! We want a real challenge for nWo Souled Out.... We'll even put the belts on the line! If any two men have the guts accept our challenge.... And take a beating Wolfpac style!

The fans boo Scott Hall as he hands the microphone over to Kevin Nash....

Kevin Nash- Now we know that WCW is lacking talent in the tag team division and that the current tag teams in WCW are like luggage that need to be carried around every night.... But come on! Find us some decent challengers! We're begging WCW to find us a tag team who can last against us! Me and Scott Hall are the champs and we got no competition! There's no one out there worthy of facing us! Well we'll talk about the tag team division later.... Right now there's one person that the nWo wants to talk about and that is you.... Diamond Dallas Page!

The fans cheer for Diamond Dallas Page's name as Hall and Nash look on with a cocky smile on their faces.

Kevin Nash- Now DDP we called and called you this past weekend about joining us and you have yet to answer us.... We know you're wrestling tonight so after your match we're going to ask you once again to joins.... DDP if you're smart you won't turn us down again..... Because you found out at Starrcade what happens when you turn down the nWo! DDP we're sorry about Starrcade but we'll make it up to you later tonight when we give you the nWo colors!

The fans boo as Nash hands the microphone over to Syxx.... Syxx takes the WCW United States Championship off of around his waste and puts it on his shoulder as the fans boo.

Syxx- Hey Eddie Guerrero! I still got your belt punk! Eddie I laid down the challenge for nWo Souled Out and you have yet to answer it.... I know you're scared of facing an athlete of my caliber but Eddie if you want the title back you're gonna have to accept the challenge sooner or later! Eddie Guerrero you don't deserve to be the WCW United States Champion and I will prove it to you one way or another! So be a man and accept my challenge! Eddie I know you love to go up top and use your Frog Splash but Eddie whenever you're feeling froggy I'll slap on the Buzzkiller, Wolfpac Style! To ya! I'll choke you out and prove to the world who the true United States Champion is! So Eddie Guerrero don't sing it, Bring it!

The fans chant "Syxx sucks" as Syxx grabs the title and holds it high in the air..... Syxx then hands the microphone back over to Eric Bischoff.

Eric Bischoff- Now we did come out here for another reason, And that is STING! Sting we know you haven't been treated right by WCW.... And we support you! And we want you in the nWo with us! Look at this group! The best in the history of pro wrestling! Sting you know you belong here with us.... And we know you're here somewhere.... So Sting come on down here and take this nWo shirt.....

Hollywood Hogan pulls out a nWo T-Shirt as the fans boo....

Eric Bischoff- And join us! Come on we're waiting for you Stinger! Come on out here Sting! Join the New World Order!

The fans chant "We want Sting" over and over again as the nWo wait and look up at the long ramp way.... After about a minute Sting makes his way down the entry way wearing his long black coat and carrying a baseball bat with him.... Sting gets into the ring as the nWo back off..... Bischoff hands Hogan the microphone as Sting stares Hogan down.....

Hollywood Hogan- Now Sting I know you and the nWo haven't always looked eye to eye but Stinger remember something.... I always had your back in WCW! When you were off fighting the Horsemen remember it was Hollywood who had your back.... Sting you belong with us in the nWo.... Your place is with us... I mean you're wearing our colors all over your face! So Sting take the shirt, Put it on and follow Hollywood and all of the nWo brother!

Sting looks at Hogan who hands him the T-Shirt.... Sting grabs the shirt...... Sting though just THROWS THE SHIRT DOWN ON THE CANVAS! Sting then gets out of the ring and heads to the back! The nWo look shocked as Monday Nitro goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Ultimo Dragon© with Sonny Oono defeated Rey Mysterio Jr.

When Monday Nitro comes back from the break Rey Mysterio Jr. is in the ring waiting for his opponent. Ultimo Dragon's music then hit the arena to boos from the fans as the Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon made his way down to the ring with manager Sonny Oono.... They stopped on the entry way so Oono could take his usual picture of Dragon....

Dragon then headed to the ring as Mysterio stared him down.... The match began with Mysterio and Dragon doing a fast sequence which lead to Mysterio getting sent onto the apron! But when Dragon charged at Mysterio he ended up running right into a springboard drop kick. Mysterio continued his offense with a hurricanrana take over and then a running clothesline sending Dragon out to the floor! Mysterio followed with a rope dive all the way out to the floor onto Dragon! But Dragon soon send Mysterio to the ring post crotch first! When they got back inside the ring, Dragon hit his kicking combination to Mysterio and followed with a DDT for 2. Dragon controlled Mysterio in the corner and tied Mysterio to the tree of woe.... Dragon charged at Mysterio with a huge drop kick off the corner! Dragon ended up getting too cocky late in the match and went up top.... Dragon took too long up top and went for a moonsault which allowed Rey Mysterio Jr. to move out of the way! Mysterio then nailed drop kicks a high hip toss and springboard hurricanrana all for near falls on Dragon..... The ending comes when Rey puts Dragon up on the turnbuckle...... Rey goes up with Dragon and tries a hurricanrana but Dragon nails Mysterio in the ribs and sunset flips off the top turnbuckle for the one, two, three! Afterwards Oono came into the ring with the title and handed it to Dragon as Dragon posed.

83, 66, 100

Rey Mysterio Jr. debuted his new gimmick (Show Stealer), it got a positive response. The WCW Cruiserweight title has gained in image.

Tony Schiavone- Sunset flip off the top! I have never seen it done like that! What a win for Ultimo Dragon! He retains the Cruiserweight Championship here tonight!

Bobby Heenan - Dragon retains the title in a hard fought defense, Looks like Oono's Japanese group is coming along nicely, First they have Dragon and yesterday he got Kensuke Sasaki with him.

Tony Schiavone- Fans you heard Syxx earlier tonight challenging Eddie Guerrero for a United States Championship match at nWo Souled Out, Well when we come back from the break the Champion Eddie Guerrero will be interviewed by Mean Gene Okerlund!

Bobby Heenan - The champion? Syxx is the one with the belt Schiavone!

Tony Schiavone- The belt that he stole! Anyway fans up next we'll hear from Eddie Guerrero!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Eddie Guerrero wants his title back!

Monday Nitro comes back from the commercial break with Mean Gene Okerlund standing on top of the entry way with a microphone in hand.

Mean Gene Okerlund- Fans let me introduce to you the current WCW United States Champion, Eddie Guerrero!

Eddie Guerrero's music hits to a good pop from the crowd as Eddie Guerrero makes his way down the entry way wearing street clothes.

Mean Gene Okerlund- Eddie Guerrero earlier tonight you heard the comments made by Syxx.... At Starrcade you beat Diamond Dallas Page for the United States Championship in the finals of the tournament but right after the match the nWo jumped you and Syxx took the title belt. Syxx has laid down the challenge for nWo Souled Out..... Will you accept it?

Eddie Guerrero- You know Gene that no good essa Syxx has the nerve to walk around with MY WCW United States Championship, And he talks about me not deserving the title? I went through a whole tournament and won the title! So Syxx you a match with me? You got one chico! At nWo Souled Out I accept the match! And on that night I will get my title back! I'm the United States Champion and you will find out why at nWo Souled Out!

Mean Gene Okerlund- Fans you heard it! Eddie Guerrero has accepted the challenge from Syxx! Fans stick around because when Monday Nitro comes back from the commercial break we got some great action for you!

Eddie Guerrero gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jeff Jarrett, Steve McMichael and Arn Anderson with Debra McMichael defeated Faces Of Fear and Hugh Morrus with Jimmy Hart

Monday Nitro came back from the break with all six men in the ring brawling! McMichael and Meng ended out on the floor while Anderson and Morrus fought it out in the ring... Meanwhile Jarrett and The Barbarian battled it out near the entry way! Eventually the referee got everything in control and the legal men in the ring were Anderson and Meng! Meng beat Anderson down pummeling Anderson in the corner! Meng tagged in The Barbarian and the Faces Of Fear ran over Anderson with a double shoulder block! Barbarian would beat down and choke Anderson until making the tag to Hugh Morrus. Morrus got a near fall over Anderson with a powerslam and then followed with a leg drop for another near fall. The heels would then triple team Anderson and beat him down.... Anderson was finally able to make the tag after he nailed Meng with a big DDT! Anderson rolled over and tagged Steve McMichael in! Mongo came in and ran over Meng with a clothesline! Mongo then took down Morrus and The Barbarian! The ending was a chaotic one as Mongo fought Meng on the outside and Anderson fought The Barbarian also out on the floor.... This left Jarrett and Morrus in the ring..... Morrus slammed Jarrett and called for the No Laughing Matter! But Debra McMichael hopped up on the apron distracting Morrus.... This allowed Jarrett to grab the briefcase! When Morrus turned around, Jarrett drilled him with the briefcase behind the referee's back! Jarrett then covered and got the one, two, three! Afterwards Anderson and McMichael came to the ring and stared down Jarrett.... Anderson patted Jarrett on the back and told him "good work"! Anderson, Mongo and Jarrett then celebrated to cheers from the crowd as Debra McMichael clapped.

69, 66, 72

Tony Schiavone- The Four Horsemen pick up the win for Dungeon Of Doom, Anderson even gave Jarrett a compliment! Will Anderson and McMichael offer Jarrett an official spot with the Horsemen?

Bobby Heenan - Well it looks like they could be, Jarrett does think like he's a Horsemen.... And the Four Horsemen needs more members to fight off the nWo and the Dungeon Of Doom too.

Tony Schiavone- We'll have to wait and see if Ric Flair decides to put Jarrett in the Four Horsemen or not, Fans coming up next the one and only "Total Package" Lex Luger faces The Taskmaster! You do not want to miss this huge match! It's coming up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Lex Luger defeated The Taskmaster with Jimmy Hart

Lex Luger came down to the ring to a huge ovation from the fans.... Taskmaster started off jumping Luger from behind and stomping and choking Luger down in the corner! Taskmaster would distract the referee at times which allowed Jimmy Hart to get some cheap shots in on Luger. Taskmaster pounded away on Luger and nailed a big clothesline for a 2 count.... Taskmaster followed with chokes in the corner and a big side suplex for another 2 count. Taskmaster had Luger down and went for the Double Foot Stomp but Luger rolled out of the way! Luger then nailed Taskmaster with right hands and followed with three atomic drops! Luger then nailed two clotheslines to Taskmaster sending him out to the floor! Taskmaster and Hart tried to go to the back but Chris Benoit was standing on top of the entry way with a steel chair in hand! Taskmaster then had no choice but to go into the ring.... Taskmaster got back into the ring and Luger drilled him with the Forearm shot! Luger then grabbed Taskmaster and applied the Torture Rack! Taskmaster ended up taking up quickly giving Luger the win! After the match was over, Benoit went to the back with a grin on his face as Hart helped Taskmaster to the back... Luger then posed on the turnbuckle as the fans cheered.

75, 77, 71

Tony Schiavone- Lex Luger picks up the win! What a great win for Luger! It looks like the feud between The Taskmaster and Chris Benoit isn't over yet too.....

Bobby Heenan - Benoit cost The Taskmaster the match Schiavone! Benoit had a steel chair with him! What was The Taskmaster suppose to do?

Tony Schiavone- But Benoit never hit The Taskmaster with the chair.... Taskmaster walked right into Luger's forearm shot Bobby and then Luger put him in the Torture Rack! Fans remember that at nWo Souled Out we will see Lex Luger face Masahiro Chono of the nWo!

Bobby Heenan - I must have missed that then.....

Tony Schiavone- In any event, Fans we understand that Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by in the locker room area with Rick and Scott... the Steiner Brothers!

Interview with Steiner Brothers

We're taken to the locker room area where Mean Gene Okerlund is shown standing by with Steiner Brothers who take on Amazing French Canadians tonight!

Mean Gene Okerlund- Tony, Bobby I'm standing by with Steiner Brothers who tonight take on Amazing French Canadians in tag team action.... Rick and Scott earlier tonight you heard comments from The Outsiders about not having any challengers for the Tag Team Championships, Your thoughts?

Scott Steiner- Well you know Gene, Hall and Nash think that they have no competition but the bottom line is they have never put the titles up against us! Hall and Nash if you two want a challenge then face us for the titles! And we'll promise you some competition!

Rick Steiner- Gene, The Outsiders think that they're the top team in WCW? Well I got some news for you two boys! Steiner Brothers are the top tag team in WCW and at nWo Souled Out we'll prove it to the both of you! *Rick barks for a bit*

Mean Gene Okerlund- Your thoughts on tonight's match with Amazing French Canadians?

Scott Steiner- Gene tonight's match will be a preview for The Outsiders! Lets go Rick!

Steiner Brothers leave the locker room as Monday Nitro goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Steiner Brothers defeated Amazing French Canadians

Steiner Brothers dominated the match up, Rick and Scott started off running over Jacques and Pierre with clotheslines! The Steiners then threw the Amazing French Canadians out to the floor and did a number one them! Scott and Pierre then came into the ring and Scott man handled Pierre nailing a high overhead belly to belly suplex! Scot then tagged Rick in who ran around the ring barking.... Scott then patted Rick on the head..... Rick and Jacques went at it for a bit and Jacques was able to get some blows in on Rick before Rick nailed a big belly to belly suplex on the former Quebecer. The ending comes when all four men get into the ring and brawl.... Rick sends Jacques out to the floor with a stiff clothesline! Scott then puts Pierre up on his shoulder and Rick follows with the Steiner Bulldog off the top to Pierre for the one, two, three! Afterwards Rick and Scott celebrate saying they want the titles.....

78, 73, 84

Eric Bischoff makes The Giant earn his shot!

This is when Eric Bischoff shows up on the entry way......

Eric Bischoff- Good win Steiners but I'm not out here to talk to you guys, I got word that The Giant arrived just a few minutes ago... Well Giant I know how you're the number one contender and all.... But tonight you will put it on the line! You will face two members of the nWo in a handicap match! And if you win you get a shot at the World Championship against Hollywood Hogan at nWo Souled Out! Oh and by the way Steiners, The Outsiders accept your challenge for the Tag Team Championships at Souled Out as well!

Bischoff then heads to the back as the Steiner Brothers look on saying they'd win the titles.

Tony Schiavone- What a big win for Steiner Brothers! And Eric Bischoff just told them that The Outsiders accept their challenge for nWo Souled Out! What a match that one is going to be Bobby!

Bobby Heenan - It's going to be a huge tag team match, The Outsiders versus The Steiner Brothers..... Huge tag team match up at nWo Souled Out.....

Tony Schiavone- Fans you also heard it, The Giant will face two nWo members tonight and he must win to go to nWo Souled Out to face Hollywood Hogan for the WCW World Championship! Who will be the two nWo members?

Bobby Heenan - You never know with Bischoff, The Giant has one heck of a challenge ahead of him Schiavone.

Tony Schiavone- Fans up next Diamond Dallas Page will be in action! Stay tuned!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Disco Inferno

Diamond Dallas Page and Disco Inferno had a good back and fourth match up, Disco started off stalling and dancing drawing heat from the fans..... Page and Disco started off exchanging near falls with DDP getting the best of Disco... Page then send Disco out to the floor with a clothesline! They brawled out on the floor where DDP send Disco onto the steel guardrail! Back inside the ring, DDP hits a discus right hand and a swinging neck breaker for 2. But soon there after, Disco hit a jaw breaker and stiff clothesline to Page for 2. Disco followed with a russian legsweep and back suplex for 2. A elbow drop off the second turnbuckle got another 2 count for Disco. Disco then worked over DDP's leg and tried a figure four but Page ended up getting an inside cradle for 2. DDP followed with a sit out powerbomb for 2. DDP then nailed a clothesline for another 2 count. A DDT got 2 more for DDP. DDP went for the Diamond Cutter but Disco shoves Page onto the ropes.... Disco then went for a clothesline but DDP ducked and drilled Disco with the Diamond Cutter! Page then covered Disco and got the three count! Afterwards Page celebrated as Disco headed to the back.....

76, 77, 74

The Wolfpac still want DDP!

As Diamond Dallas Page celebrates, The music of the nWo hits as The Outsiders and Syxx make their way down to the ring.... Hall has a nWo T-Shirt with him as the fans boo.... The Wolfpac gets inside the ring and Kevin Nash is handed a microphone....

Kevin Nash- First of all Page, Great win! Now lets get down to business..... You see that shirt Hall has? Well we want to give it to you! A spot in the nWo! Now the offer stands until the night after nWo Souled Out but it wouldn't hurt to ask you before it, So DDP what do you say? Are you nWo for life?

Diamond Dallas Page- You know you guys have been asking DDP to join the nWo for quite awhile now, But my question is why didn't you guys ask me to join when the nWo first got together?

Hall goes to talk but DDP interrupts him......

Diamond Dallas Page- Don't give me any of that crap! And then you guys have the nerve to cost me the WCW United States Championship? Well I would like to give all three of you Diamond Cutters but what's the point? The nWo is on top of WCW! So I would like join and wear the black and white proudly!

Hall, Nash and Syxx clap as the fans boo..... Hall hands DDP the nWo shirt.... DDP puts it on! DDP then hugs Hall, Nash and Syxx as the fans boo..... All four men raise their arms in the air to boos.... Scott Hall and Syxx turn around to taunt the fans.... DDP then shakes Nash's hand... But then DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE TAKES NASH OUT WITH THE DIAMOND CUTTER! HALL TURNS AROUND AND SEES NASH LAID OUT! PAGE THEN DELIVERS A DIAMOND CUTTER TO HALL! SYXX GOES TO NAIL DDP BUT DDP DUCKS AND TAKES SYXX OUT WITH A DIAMOND CUTTER AS WELL! DDP then rips off the nWo shirt and tosses it outside..... DDP then grabs the microphone.

Diamond Dallas Page- Consider this your answer! DDP is WCW not nWo! You boys want to try to take me out, Well you're welcome to try! But just like tonight you'll feel the bang!

DDP's music hits to a huge ovation from the fans as DDP leaves the ring and heads to the crowd.... DDP then leaves as Hall, Nash and Syxx are all laid out in the ring! Monday Nitro then goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

If The Giant wins he gets a World Championship match with Hollywood Hogan at nWo Souled Out

The Giant defeated Scott Norton and Big Bubba Rogers

The Giant came down to the ring to no music and a mixed reaction from the fans..... The Giant waited and then.... nWo members Scott Norton and Big Bubba Rogers came down to the ring.... The match starts off with both men jumping The Giant! They pound down on The Giant in the corner! The Giant though tries to fight them off but Rogers sneaks a low blow in! And nWo referee Nick Patrick acts like he didn't see it! Bubba and Norton with a double irish whip but The Giant just runs them right over with a double clothesline! Giant then grabbed Norton and press slammed the big man! The Giant went to Choke Slam Bubba but Nick Patrick kicked Giant in between the legs! Bubba then knocked Giant down with a clothesline! Norton and Bubba stomped down on Giant as Hollywood Hogan came down from the back with the WCW Championship..... Norton and Bubba held The Giant back as Hogan got inside the ring..... Hogan went to hit The Giant with the belt but The Giant kicked Hogan right in the midsection! Giant then hip tossed Norton down! Bubba went to use Hogan's title but Giant grabbed Bubba around the throat and delivered a huge Choke Slam to Big Bubba! The Giant then forced Nick Patrick to count! 1.....2...3! Right after the match is over, Norton tries to jump The Giant but gets Choke Slammed! Hogan tries to jump Giant but The Giant grabs him by the throat! Nick Patrick though nails Giant from behind as Hogan leaves the ring! Giant ends up Choke Slamming Nick Patrick! Monday Nitro goes off the air with The Giant standing tall in the ring as Hollywood Hogan stares him down.... At nWo Souled Out it's The Giant versus Hollywood Hogan for the title!

75, 72, 78

OR Show Rating- 79

TV Rating- We got a 5.87 rating for 'Monday Nitro'!

The attendance level was 6522 people.

We made $260880 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 5.46 television rating for 'Monday Night Raw'!

The event was attended by 4026 people.

They made $161040 from ticket sales.

One more thing hewey if I can recall the people loves the nWo even when they were bad. People just loved bad asses. So when you do the crowd cheering thing...You should put that some of the people are cheering for the nWo. I know when I went to a WCW show the fans were going crazy when the nWo came outand beat the hell outta WCW wrestlers. Just a suggestion.

Steveio

WCW Monday Nitro Notes

After Monday Nitro went off the air The Giant called Hollywood Hogan to come down to the ring.... After some stalling, Hogan came into the ring and he and The Giant got into a brawl..... It ended up with The Giant Choke Slamming Hogan.... Giant then posed for a bit and that was all. Sting and Lex Luger got the biggest pops of the night while the nWo got a mixed reaction from the fans but mainly boos..... DDP also got a great ovation after he laid out the Wolfpac!

Dark Matches

Jim Duggan defeated Vincent

Dean Malenko defeated Konnan

Lord Steven Regal defeated Chris Jericho in a non title match

Kensuke Sasaki defeated Jim Powers

Top 5 Face Pops

1. Sting

2. Lex Luger

3. Diamond Dallas Page

4. Four Horsemen/Jeff Jarrett

5. Steiner Brothers

Heel Heat

1. Hollywood Hogan

2. The Outsiders

3. Syxx

4. Eric Bischoff

5. The rest of the nWo

user posted image

snapshot of the night

Internet news report should be posted later tonight

I agree with whoever said don't overuse the nWo. My suggestion would be have the whole nWo Invasion/takeover angle play out and then have the nWo split, feud amongst themselves... and then eventually disband completely. By the middle of 98 I'd think it should definitely be over (Though it got stale end of 97 I thought).

News from wrestleworld.com

January 7th

The Outsiders news, Current Souled Out card, Ken Shamrock debut, WCW considering hiring?

The Outsiders refuse to do the J.O.B and heat with Hall and Nash backstage?

One of the original plans for Monday Nitro was to face The Giant defeat The Outsiders in a handicap match to earn his shot at the World Championship on Nitro, But both Hall and Nash refused saying that it would make them look bad to job to one person.... The end result was changed into The Giant taking on Scott Norton and Big Bubba Rogers. But there's been heat on Kevin Nash for his comments on Monday Nitro about the tag team division saying "the tag team division and that the current tag teams in WCW are like luggage that need to be carried around every night" that got many wrestlers in the back very angry...... Some have complained to management but what can they do? Kevin Nash and Scott Hall have alot of power in WCW and one of Nash's close friends is booking for WCW in a move that many feel Nash made just so he'd have someone in the booking department in his favor. Hall and Nash are known for having power in the back and many feel that the worse is to come......

user posted image

WCW considering hiring Curt Hennig?

Rumors are going around in the back that World Championship Wrestling might be interested in Curt Hennig. Hennig left the WWF in November of 1996 and since then he has been a free agent. Hennig hasn't wrestled a match since late 1993 when he re-injured his back.... Rumors has it that Hennig wants to come back to active competition soon.... Hennig has said that he could go back to the WWF or possibly go to WCW soon.... Many have said that the WWF doesn't want to bring back Hennig since they feel he won't fit the new style their trying to bring into the company the riskier sort of product for the WWF.... Plus Hennig is asking for alot of money which the WWF needs to save for younger talent.... Could we see Curt Hennig show up in World Championship Wrestling? If Hennig does go to WCW what will happen? Only time will tell.

Ken Shamrock's debut

Ken Shamrock was scheduled to debut at nWo Souled Out but plans have been pushed back to early February, Shamrock was scheduled to face nWo member Michael Wallstreet but WCW wants to hype Shamrock's debut for a couple weeks before his in ring debut. Right now Ken Shamrock has a solid two year deal with World Championship Wrestling and he will more than likely get a big push during his stay with WCW.

Current WCW nWo Souled Out Card

WCW.com has posted a current card for nWo Souled which will take place live January 19th from Dayton, Ohio. Here's the current card for this WCW versus nWo event.

Masahiro Chono V Jeff Jarrett

Buff Bagwell V Scotty Riggs

Big Bubba Rogers V Chris Benoit

Michael Wallstreet V Diamond Dallas Page

Scott Norton V Lex Luger

The Outsiders© V Steiner Brothers WCW Tag Team Championship

Syxx V Eddie Guerrero© WCW United States Championship

Hollywood Hogan© V The Giant WCW World Championship

The Masahiro Chono/Lex Luger match was changed due to management feeling their styles would clash. The card is not final and there are some matches that might end up changing....

Thanks for the replies guys :D