World Championship Wrestling 1997

Hewey

Yeah great show man. Lets all hope that Hall gets his push and maybe even Syxx aswell.

Great Nitro Hewey. I wonder who you'll push to the World Title this time. I think it's going to be Hall.

Well I don't want to give away anything but Hall will be a big main eventer star, In my other diary (WWF '95) I was getting ready to give him a run with the title but the diary got deleted so yeah :(

WOW Great Nitro. Word of addvice thow brin Curt Henning in WCW. That be so sweet, I always liked him.

I might, I always liked Curt and thought in his WCW run he was pretty underrated, Could happen just gotta keep an eye out.

Yeah great show man. Lets all hope that Hall gets his push and maybe even Syxx aswell.

Syxx will more than likely get a push too :D

Souled Out's card kicks ass! Solid match ups. I smell nWo winning most of the matches so far. And brinning Shamrock to WCW is a good thing. Now this diary is finally looking good.

Thanks man :D, I thought the Souled Out card would bomb, Since it's not the strongest but then again it's WCW V nWo and the nWo has some pretty shitty members. I agree with Shamrock being a good thing :D

Good to see you booking realisticly. I think that was a major problem in your last diary. But so far this has been good.

Thanks and yeah good point, In my last diary I went after all the good talent and stuff... Well my main goal here is realism so I doubt I'll be debuting people left and right :D

Thanks for the comments, Saturday Night preview should be up later :D

Edit- Oh yeah Stevie Idol I was a big Malenko fan during this time so I'll be getting him over one way or another to hold a major title....

And thanks for the link Steveio I appreciate it :D

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Announcers: Mike Tenay and Dusty Rhodes

Taped from: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Saturday Night opens up with it's usual regular opening and then we're taken to the announce booth where Dusty Rhodes and Mike Tenay are standing by.

Mike Tenay- Welcome to WCW Saturday Night, I'm Mike Tenay alongside Dusty Rhodes and Dusty what a night we have for the fans. In the main event of the evening we'll see Eddie Guerrero face Konnan in a non title match! What a great match up that one should be.

Dusty Rhodes - I can't wait to see the real WCW United States Champion Eddie Guerrero face Konnan, What a great match that should be Mike.

Mike Tenay- Tonight we also got the WCW Television Championship on the line, It will be Lord Steven Regal defending the title against young "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho. Can Jericho win the title off of Regal tonight?

Dusty Rhodes - Well Jericho has to remember the ten minute time limit rule for the Television Championship, The question is can Chris Jericho beat Lord Steven Regal with in ten minutes?

Mike Tenay- Fans tonight we're going to get started with great tag team action, Public Enemy takes on Harlem Heat!

Harlem Heat defeated Public Enemy

The crowd was into this match up booing Harlem Heat during their entrance while Public Enemy got a good pop from the fans. Match started off with all four men brawling, Public Enemy got the best of Harlem Heat and send them out to the floor. They then brawled out on the floor with Public Enemy getting the advantage, But when the match got back into the ring.... Booker T hit Johnny Grunge with a Harlem Side Kick for a near fall. Booker would tag in Stevie Ray who used his power and size advantage to keep Johnny Grunge down, Ray ended up drilling Grunge with a stiff clothesline for a close near fall. Harlem Heat ended up isolating Grunge double teaming him as Rocco Rock tried to get the fans behind Grunge.... Late into the match, Harlem Heat went for a double clothesline to Johnny Grunge but he ducked it and then took Booker T and Stevie Ray with a double clothesline of his own! Rocco Rock then got tagged in! Rocco came in and cleaned house! Rocco knocked Booker down with a right hand and then nailed Stevie Ray with a huge right hand as well! Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge followed with a double backdrop to Booker and then a double clothesline to Stevie Ray! The ending comes when Johnny Grunge is out on the floor with Booker T, Inside the ring Rocco Rock nails a DDT to Stevie Ray and covers but the referee is outside with Grunge and Booker T..... Booker sends Grunge to the steel guardrail! Booker then comes back into the ring and drills Rocco Rock in the back of the head with the Scissors Kick while Rocco had Stevie Ray pinned! Booker T then rolls Stevie Ray over on top of Rocco for the three count! Afterwards Harlem Heat headed to the back as Johnny Grunge came into the ring and checked on Rocco Rock.

79, 70, 89

Mike Tenay- What a big win for Harlem Heat, They continue their winning ways with a big victory over Public Enemy here tonight.

Dusty Rhodes- Harlem Heat picks up a great win here on Saturday Night Mike, They could be in line for a shot at the Tag Team titles after nWo Souled Out.

Mike Tenay- Fans lets take you to the locker room area where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with the current WCW Television Champion, Lord Steven Regal.

Interview with Lord Steven Regal

We're taken to the locker room area where we see Mean Gene Okerlund standing by holding a microphone, Next to him stands the current WCW Television Champion, Lord Steven Regal.

Mean Gene Okerlund- Lord Steven Regal tonight you defend your WCW Television Championship against one of WCW's top young competitors young "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho. Lord Steven Regal you have been champion for many months now but tonight can you beat Chris Jericho?

Lord Steven Regal- Can I beat Chris Jericho? Mean Gene shut your miserable dirty mouth for a minute! Chris Jericho listen up sunshine, Tonight you're challenging me for my Television Championship and I got a big problem with that! You don't deserve a shot at my title and you're good enough to be in the ring with me you miserable little toe rag! Jericho tonight when you step into the ring with me you will feel like you been hacked up with a bloody hatchet!

Mean Gene Okerlund- Fans you heard it from Regal, When we come back he defends the title against Chris Jericho!

Lord Steven Regal debuted his new gimmick (obnoxious), it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WCW Television Championship

Lord Steven Regal© defeated Chris Jericho

Regal and Jericho had a great match up, It started off with both men exchanging near fall sequences which almost lead to Jericho locking Regal into the Lion Tamer.... But Regal rolled out to the floor only to have Jericho deliver a pescado to Regal out on the floor! They went back into the ring where Jericho nailed a springboard drop kick and reverse back elbow off the top all for near falls on the Television Champion. Jericho nailed a bulldog to Regal and went for his Lionsault but Regal got his knees up! Regal followed by ramming Jericho's shoulder onto the ring several times! Regal nailed a neck breaker and big DDT all for near falls on young Jericho. Regal went for the Regal Stretch late into the match but Jericho fought him off, Jericho then went for a enziguri kick but Regal countered and locked Jericho into a half crab! Jericho eventually made it to the ropes as the match reached the five minute mark.... Regal seemed to have Jericho down, So Regal went up top..... Jericho crotched Regal up on the top turnbuckle and nailed a big superplex! Jericho then followed with a missile drop kick off the top turnbuckle for a close 2 count. Jericho then worked over Regal's leg and locked Regal into a figure four! Regal made it to the ropes to the surprise of the fans. Jericho had just powerbombed Regal down.... Jericho went up top but missed a huge moonsault! Regal then locked Jericho into the Regal Stretch for the submission win! Afterwards Regal was handed the title to boos from the crowd.... Regal then posed for a bit before heading to the back.

85, 75, 95

The WCW Television title has gained in image.

Mike Tenay- Lord Steven Regal retains the title in a hard fought defense! Young Chris Jericho gave it everything he had but in the end Regal wins with the Regal Stretch.

Dusty Rhodes- Lord Steven Regal continues to be one of the best WCW Televison Champions in history. What a hard fought win. Will anyone be able to beat Regal for the title?

Mike Tenay- It could happen, WCW has alot of great young competitors who would love to get a shot at the Television Championship. Right now though the champion is a very tough one.

Dusty Rhodes- WCW is the home of where the big boys play and many of those big boys would love the honor of being Television Champion.

Mike Tenay- They certainly would Dusty, Fans lets take you to the locker room where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Kensuke Sasaki and his manager Sonny Ooono.

Interview with Kensuke Sasaki and Sonny Oono

We're taken back to the locker room where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Kensuke Sasaki and his manager Sonny Oono.

Mean Gene Okerlund- Sonny Oono last week you brought Kensuke Sasaki back to World Championship Wrestling, You told everyone that there would be a team Japan... Well all I see is Kensuke Sasaki and your other client Ultimo Dragon.

Sonny Oono- Gene you stupid fool, Team Japan will be formed soon... I just need to get the best Japanese stars in the world to come to WCW! You are looking at this man right here former WCW United States Champion Kensuke Sasaki! This man a Japanese machine! He on top of the world right now!

Mean Gene Okerlund- Well what are your thoughts on Kensuke Sasaki's match with Jim Powers tonight?

Sonny Oono- Jim Powers? Who this Jim Powers? He is nothing Mean Gene! Kensuke Sasaki number one! Jim Power more like number one hundred ha ha! Jim Power a bit of advice to you young American, Play dead! Because Kensuke Sasaki will be giving you a big time Japanese whipping! Tonight you Jim Powers will learn why Japan number one!

Mean Gene Okerlund- We'll have to wait and see, Who will come out on top America or Japan? Fans find out next!

Kensuke Sasaki debuted his new gimmick (Foreign Star), it got a positive response. Sonny Oono gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kensuke Sasaki with Sonny Oono defeated Jim Powers

Sasaki dominated the whole match with Jim Powers barely getting any offense in. Sasaki pounded down on Powers as Oono kept shouting instructions in Japanese. Sasaki went for a powerbomb early in the match but Powers countered out of it with a back body drop... Powers then ran over Sasaki with a pair of clotheslines and hit two drop kicks. Sasaki ended up finishing Jim Powers off with the Northern Lights Bomb for the one, two, three! Afterwards Oono came into the ring and raised Sasaki's arm in the air to boos from the fans.

60, 49, 72

Mike Tenay- Big win for Kensuke Sasaki tonight on Saturday Night. Jim Powers barely got any offense in.... Impressive win wouldn't you say so Dusty?

Dusty Rhodes- I agree, Big win for Kensuke Sasaki but I don't know about this Japan number one stuff from Sonny Oono. Jim Powers needs to hit to gym so maybe next time he has a fighting chance against Sasaki.

Mike Tenay- Fans we know that eight days from now at nWo Souled Out, It will be The Giant challenging Hollywood Hogan for the WCW Championship. The Giant is a former two time WCW Champion and he has beaten Hogan before.... Fans we got a special video package highlighting this whole situation between The Giant and Hollywood Hogan, Lets take a look!

Hype video for The Giant versus Hollywood Hogan

A video is shown hyping the match up between Hollywood Hogan and The Giant, It shows Hollywood Hogan beating The Giant for the WCW Championship at Hog Wild and it then shows footage of The Giant being kicked out of the nWo. The video ends with a shot of Monday Nitro with The Giant standing tall as Hogan looked on from the outside... At nWo Souled Out who will come out on top?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Eddie Guerrero defeated Konnan with Jimmy Hart

Saturday Night comes back from the commercial break with Konnan already in the ring with manager Jimmy Hart in his corner. Eddie Guerrero's music then hits to a good ovation from the fans as Eddie Guerrero makes his way down the entry way smiling and slapping hands with the fans, Eddie Guerrero slides into the ring and stares down Konnan and Hart.

Guerrero and Konnan started things off with a lock up... Konnan backed Eddie into the corner and unloaded on Guerrero with right hands.... Konnan then grabbed Eddie and send him to the opposite corner... Konnan charged but ending up getting a boot right to the face! Eddie followed with a clothesline and covered for 2. Eddie dragged Konnan up to his feet and went for a right hand but it was blocked, Konnan nailed Eddie with right hands and followed with a jaw breaker and stiff clothesline for 2. Konnan then sent Eddie Guerrero out to the floor through the middle ropes... Konnan distracted the referee which allowed Jimmy Hart to get a few cheap shots in on Guerrero... Konnan then went out to the floor after Eddie and threw Eddie onto the steel guardrail. Konnan rolled Eddie back inside the ring and covered for 2. Konnan dragged Eddie up and went for a irish whip but it was countered by Guerrero.... Eddie ended up ducking his head too early which allowed Konnan to kick him in the face and follow with a facebuster for 2. Konnan lifted Eddie Guerrero up and suplexed Eddie in the center of the ring... Konnan then went up onto the second turnbuckle and dropped a elbow drop to Eddie Guerrero for a 2 count. Konnan followed by slamming Guerrero down for 2. A russian legsweep got another close 2 count for Konnan. Konnan then dragged Eddie up and called for the 187.... Eddie though nailed Konnan with right hands and then took Konnan down with a drop kick! Eddie followed with another drop kick and then two high hip tosses! Eddie then came off the apron with a senton bomb for 2. Eddie dragged Konnan up and went for the brainbuster but Konnan countered into a front suplex! Konnan then went up top.... Konnan went for a elbow drop off the top but Eddie rolled out of the way! Eddie then went up top as the cameras focused on him.... Eddie delivered a huge Frog Splash to Konnan and covered! 1...2...3! Eddie Guerrero is victorious! After the match ends, Jimmy Hart helps Konnan to the back as Eddie Guerrero stands in the ring victorious.

75, 72, 78

Syxx lays down the ultimate challenge for nWo Souled Out!

As Eddie Guerrero celebrates his win the music of the nWo hits to boos from the fans as Syxx is shown standing on the entry way with a microphone in hand and with the WCW United States Championship around his waste.

Syxx- Hey Guerrero! Good job out there kid! Impressive win! But just remember that Konnan isn't Syxx! Hey do you like seeing your title around my waste? You know something Guerrero? At nWo Souled Out we already got our match signed but we need a big match up, Because it is for this title right here! And you know what better match to fight for the United States Championship than a ladder match? If you're man enough accept my challenge for Souled Out!

Eddie Guerrero screams "Yeah, I accept!" as Syxx smiles....

Syxx- Good! Eddie Guerrero at nWo Souled Out we're going to fight for the title in a Ladder match, And Guerrero I have the best teachers to teach me the ladder match! Good luck because at nWo Souled Out only one man can come out as the WCW United States Champion and that man will be me! Eddie whenever you're feeling froggy in the ladder match, I'll slap on the Buzzkiller, Wolfpac Style!

The music of the nWo hits as Syxx heads to the back with Eddie Guerrero staring him down, A ladder match at Souled Out for the WCW United States Championship! Saturday Night goes off the air with Eddie Guerrero in the ring....

Eddie Guerrero gained overness from this segment.

OR Show Rating- 78

TV Rating- We got a 2.84 rating for 'Saturday Night'!

The attendance level was 6519 people.

We made $260760 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 2.93 television rating for 'Shotgun'!

The event was attended by 4015 people.

They made $160600 from ticket sales.

ECW got a 0.11 television rating for 'Hardcore TV'!

The event was attended by 457 people.

They made $9140 from ticket sales.

The Guerrero/Syxx segment was suppose to happen on the last Nitro but I forgot to add it and used it for something else, I would have done it for the upcoming Nitro but that's six days before the PPV and it wouldn't give me too much of a hype for it.... I know at the actual Souled Out event they fought in a ladder match, I added it because the card is pretty weak and needs something big :D

Guest meripu1

This diary has been great so far Hewey, keep it going.

I hope you do give Hall a big run with the title, i hope you can use Jericho as well.

Im wondering what you will do with Goldberg, if you use him at all..

This diary has been great so far Hewey, keep it going.

I hope you do give Hall a big run with the title, i hope you can use Jericho as well.

Im wondering what you will do with Goldberg, if you use him at all..

Right now Goldberg is a free agent, I don't know if I'll hire him or not... I could always give someone else the winning streak and push... (Not to the world title though)

Main event should be up later

Edited by Baby Hewey

Dont hire Goldberg, but if you do dont put him against Bret hart...lol..But honestly if you hire him your going to end up pushing him anyways. When I did this scenario...even know I didnt like him that mutch for some reason I pushed him...well those are my thoughts...

Steveio

This diary seems a tad predictable. Why must Kliq members hold all the top spots in your diaries? Fair enough if your a mark for them, but try and make a little less predictable.

I don't get how the clique members are holding the top spots, Hall and Nash are in the tag team division, Syxx is in the US title division.... How is that them in the top spots?

I do agree it's a tad predictable but that's because I'm only in the first month, Hopefully things won't stay predictable for long.... :D

WCW Main Event

Announcers: Michael Cole and Larry Zbyszko

Taped from: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Main Event opens up with it's usual regular opening and then we're taken to the announce booth where Michael Cole and Larry Zbyszko are standing by.

Michael Cole- Hello and welcome to WCW Main Event, I'm Michael Cole and alongside me is the "Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko. And Larry what a afternoon we got for the fans, In the Main Event we'll see Dean Malenko take on Psychosis!

Larry Zbyszko- That should be a great match up with two of the top Cruiserweights here in World Championship Wrestling Michael.

Michael Cole- Fans we're going to get the afternoon started with singles action, It'll be the nWo's Masahiro Chono taking on Billy Kidman of WCW!

Masahiro Chono defeated Billy Kidman

The match was all Chono right from the opening bell. Chono dominated Kidman with stiff kicks and punches in the corner and Chono almost turned Kidman inside out with a stiff clothesline. Chono suplexed Kidman twice and got near falls. Chono ended up getting too cocky and went up top.... Chono took too long up top and missed a high elbow drop! Kidman then nailed a swinging bulldog and a clothesline for 2. Kidman followed with two drop kicks and a big DDT. Kidman then connected with a huge sit out powerbomb and called for his Shooting Star Press! Kidman went up top but ended up missing his Shooting Star Press! Chono then locked Kidman into the STF for the submission win! Afterwards Chono posed for a bit to boos from the crowd.

63, 48, 79

Michael Cole- Big win for Masahiro Chono here on Main Event, Chono will take on Jeff Jarrett at nWo Souled Out in what should be a great match Larry.

Larry Zbyszko- Chono picks up a win today but Billy Kidman is no Jeff Jarrett, We'll see how Masahiro Chono does when he's up against Jeff Jarrett.

Michael Cole- I can't wait to see Jeff Jarrett and Masahiro Chono go at it at nWo Souled Out, Other matches include Buff Bagwell taking on Scotty Riggs, Big Bubba Rogers faces Chris Benoit of the Four Horsemen, Diamond Dallas Page faces Michael Wallstreet, Lex Luger goes up against Scott Norton, Syxx challenges Eddie Guerrero for the United States Championship in a ladder match, The Outsiders defend the Tag Team Championship against Steiner Brothers and Hollywood Hogan defends the World Championship against The Giant. It's a great card fans so don't forget to order nWo Souled Out on January 19th.

Larry Zbyszko- I'm looking forward to seeing some big WCW wins, Especially for Eddie Guerrero and Steiner Brothers.

Michael Cole- Speaking of Steiner Brothers, Earlier today our cameras caught up to them in this interview.

Interview with Steiner Brothers

We're shown an interview from earlier today with Steiner Brothers.

Scott Steiner- The Outsiders, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. You two boys think you're the best tag team in WCW? Well think again! The Steiner Brothers are the best tag team in WCW and one week from now we're going to prove it to the both of you! At nWo Souled Out there will be new Tag Team Champions and it'll be us you can bet on that!

Rick Steiner- Hall and Nash, You two said that the tag team division is like luggage that needs to be carried around? Well at Souled Out you're going to find out what happens when you get into the ring with the Steiner Brothers! Me and Scotty are going to walk out the new WCW Tag Team Champions! And there's nothing you two can do about it! *Barks*

Scott Steiner- Hall and Nash you two better be prepared for the fight of your life come nWo Souled Out! Because we will give you the toughest match you two have ever had!

The image fades we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

John Tenta defeated Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker

Parker jumped the big man from behind as the bell rang, Parker beat down on Tenta in the corner and choked away.... Parked worked over Tenta's arm and rammed it onto the ring post three times! Parker continued his assault on Tenta kicking away at the arm! Parker eventually went for a clothesline but Tenta caught him and slammed him down to the canvas! Tenta then followed with his vertical splash to pick up the win! Afterwards Tenta celebrated to cheers from the fans.

58, 49, 68

Michael Cole- What a big win for John Tenta. The big man continues to impress me Larry, And he's a top contender for the WCW Championship.

Larry Zbyszko- John Tenta the veteran picks up a big win, He's one of the top players here in World Championship Wrestling and in my opinion he's deserving of a title shot against Hollywood Hogan.

Michael Cole- He certainly is, But he'll have to wait until nWo Souled Out to get his shot, Because it will be The Giant challenging Hollywood Hogan for the title.... Who will come out on top of that one?

Larry Zbyszko- Well The Giant isn't WCW or nWo, But then again he'll be a better champion than Hogan, Eighter way I can't wait to see what should be a great match up.

Michael Cole- Fans lets take you to the locker room area where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Alex Wright and Chavo Guerrero Jr.!

Interview with Alex Wright and Chavo Guerrero Jr.

The cameras pan to the locker room area where we see Mean Gene Okerlund standing by with the team of Alex Wright and Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Mean Gene Okerlund- I'm standing by with the young tag team of Chavo Guerrero Jr., And Alex Wright. Today you two young men prepare to take on the veteran team of Dirty Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck. Some might think you two are at a disadvantage because Buck and Slater are veterans and because they have Colonel Parker at their side, Your thoughts?

Chavo Guerrero Jr.- You know Gene everyone looks at me and Alex like we're going to lose, Because we're younger and don't have as much experience as Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick Slater, But today you two are going to find out that we're the better team! And Colonel Parker don't even think about interfering in this match!

Alex Wright- Chavo and Alex Wright today will prove why we're the top young talent here in World Championship Wrestling, Today you're going to see this young team beat Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick Slater!

Mean Gene Okerlund- Fans it could happen, Up next we got some great tag team action!

Chavo Guerrero Jr. gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Alex Wright and Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick Slater with Colonel Parker

The team of Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater controlled most of the match isolating young Chavo Guerrero Jr. Slater and Buck would resort to dirty tactics through out the match up. They would even distract the official at times so Colonel Parker could get some cheap shots in on Chavo Guerrero. Eventually Chavo Guerrero was able to make the tag to Alex Wright. Alex came in and took out Dick and then Slater with clotheslines! Wright and Chavo then double back dropped Buck and followed with a double drop kick to Slater! The match ends when Chavo is on the outside with Buck, Inside the ring Slater goes for a clothesline to Wright but he ducks it and takes Slater out with a German Suplex for the one, two, three! Afterwards Chavo and Alex celebrated as Colonel Parker helped his team to the back.

57, 48, 67

Michael Cole- The young of Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Alex Wright pick up a huge win, Larry I get more impressed with these two young rookies each and every day here in World Championship Wrestling.

Larry Zbyszko- Alex Wright and Chavo Guerrero Jr. will be top players here in WCW, They picked up a win over one of the top tag teams here in World Championship Wrestling.

Michael Cole- Fans speaking of the tag team division, At nWo Souled Out we'll see The Outsiders defend the titles against Steiner Brothers. Who will come out as the champions? The Outsiders of the nWo or Steiner Brothers from WCW?

Larry Zbyszko- I can't wait to see that match take place Cole, I can't wait to see Steiner Brothers take back the titles for World Championship Wrestling.

Michael Cole- It could happen, Fans lets take a look at the tag team title match for nWo Souled Out!

Video for Tag Team Championship at nWo Souled Out

A video airs hyping the tag team championship match for nWo Souled Out, It will be The Outsiders defending the titles against Steiner Brothers. It shows several clips like when The Outsiders won the titles and the defenses they had.... It then shows several clips of the Steiner Brothers during their stay here in WCW. At nWo Souled Out which tag team will come out on top?

Kevin Nash lost overness from this segment. Scott Hall lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Dean Malenko defeated Psychosis

Malenko and Psychosis had a great back fourth match up with neighter man getting a real advantage. Dean Malenko worked over the leg of Psychosis softening it up for the Texas Cloverleaf while Psychosis used flashy Mexican style offense to "wow" the crowd. Psychosis ended up taking control of the match after hitting a devastating powerslam to Dean Malenko for a two count. Psychosis then continued his assault using a big DDT and a back suplex all for near falls. Psychosis then came off the top with a moonsault but Malenko ended up kicking out at two. Psychosis had Malenko down after a brutal sit out powerbomb and went up top.... Psychosis went for the Guillotine Legdrop but Malenko rolled out of the way! Malenko then nailed a tilt a whirl slam out of nowhere for a 2 count. Malenko followed with a back breaker and huge underhook powerbomb into a back breaker for 2. Malenko finished off by locking Psychosis into the Texas Cloverleaf for the submission win! Main Event with Malenko in the ring celebrating his win.

65, 51, 80

Dean Malenko debuted his new gimmick (Ice Man), it got a positive response.

OR Show Rating- 66

TV Rating- We got a 2.90 rating for 'Main Event'!

The attendance level was 6546 people.

We made $261840 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 2.93 television rating for 'Superstars'!

The event was attended by 4017 people.

They made $160680 from ticket sales.

All right for results, Nitro will be fully detailed while Saturday Night/Main Event will stay the same except they'll be posted in the same post... I find it easier that way... So Nitro will be fully detailed and then SN/ME will be up together but they'll stay the same :D

Thoughts on the new result change are welcome :D

Just bury Goldberg while your at it. I don't think he has enough talent to make it in the buisness, job him to Jericho.

user posted image

Live from: Miami, Florida

nWo Souled Out is just six days away, And tonight on Monday Nitro you'll get a small preview of nWo Souled Out because in the Main Event we'll see Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger of WCW join forces to face Michael Wallstreet and Scott Norton of the nWo! At nWo Souled Out DDP faces Wallstreet while Luger faces Norton!

Hollywood Hogan is also scheduled to be in Miami, What will Hollywood have to say about his match with The Giant Sunday night? Will The Giant show up?

We'll also hear from the WCW United States Champion, Eddie Guerrero. What does Guerrero have to say about his ladder match with Syxx this Sunday night?

Matches for Monday Nitro

Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit and Steve McMichael V The Taskmaster and Faces Of Fear

Disco Inferno V Scotty Riggs

Dean Malenko V Big Bubba Rogers

Steiner Brothers V Harlem Heat

Ultimo Dragon V Juventud Guerrera WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Plus the main event!