You may not:
1. Link to and/or inform people how to obtain, watch or listen to copyrighted media.
2. Link to and/or inform people how to obtain software cracks, ROMs or pirated software.
Warnings, suspensions and bannings will be issued instantly on failure to comply with the above terms, depending on the severity of the case.
General Board Rules
1. There is to be no flaming whatsoever on EWB. Flaming is completely unacceptable and will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. No matter how stupid someone's post may be, out-of-line comments are not allowed. This includes the Hate thread in the Donator's forum and the No Spin Zone in the Diary Dome.
2. No trolling. A troll is someone who comes into a community and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize other members or disrupt the flow of discussion. For the record, "It's my opinion." is not a valid defense. Trolling will almost always warrant some length of banning.
3. Post respectfully, even if you disagree with the point. You look far more badass when you dissect someone's argument point-by-point and with class than resorting to childish name-calling.
4. All mods & admins decisions are final and their wishes are to be respected. Please do not start an argument just because you disagree. It's our duty to do the best we can to moderate everything, and sometimes we have to make decisions that aren't to the liking of everyone. If you flame a Mod you will be banned.
5. Make sure you post in the correct forum. If you think a topic's subject matter could work in different forums -- for example, a post about video game technology that could go in either Entertainment or Computing -- post it in one of the appropriate forums.
6. Subjects are bound to come up more than once, such as the Bloodninja Cybering Joke. New members should keep in mind that we have come across these things many times, and may not be up to doing it again. Meanwhile, existing members should keep in mind that if the topic arises, it may be best to just let it go, as newer members may not have known that the topic came up on previous forms of EWB. The staff consists of rational people, and will be able to decipher when a topic has been drilled into the ground.
7. Keep signatures at a reasonable length. Some members may have signatures turned on, and the longer your signature is, the more they have to scroll through and the more their modem/computer has to load. So be respectful of other members at keep your sig nice and trim. If you're curious as to whether or not your sig is fine (you are generally allowed about a 300-pixel-high graphic,) ask in Board Discussion or PM a staff member.
8. No postwhoring. If you're going to reply or post, make sure there is a point to your post and that there is some actual content. "Good job" or "lol, I agree" are postwhore-ish messages, and will likely result in a warning.
9. Don't be an overt attention whore. Things like being "drunk" while posting, return threads, or threads that generally just scream that you're vying for inordinate amounts of attention will result in punishment of some sort. Introduction/hello threads are also advised against.
10. No referring people to places where they can download illegal material. You can discuss things like peer-to-peer programs, but referring people to illegal material (such as mp3s, ROMs, or program cracks) will most likely get you banned.
11. If you have any account problems, always consult an Administrator first before creating another account. While double accounts will no longer (in most cases) get both accounts banned, oftentimes a staff member may not be aware that your other account was created due to login/verification/etc. troubles. So make sure to contact an Admin and get things squared away asap. The only exception to this double account rule is if you're an absolute prick. Then we'll be happy to ban you once a day and thrice on Sunday.
12. Porn or general nudity of any form is not allowed on the forums. While links to tasteful pictorials and such are allowed, keep in mind that any links or such may need to be edited per the request of our host. Also, try not to use the PM feature of the board to pass along such material, as it would be easier to edit one post or link upon request as opposed to numerous PMs and PM logs.
13. Warnings will be removed at the discretion of the moderation team. There is no "court of appeal".
14. Just because there is no advertising forum doesn't mean you can just post a topic plugging your site wherever you want. This means you cannot advertise except for a link in your sig. If people abuse this privilege it will be removed.
15. Please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers of any kind in the status updates, particularly for events which have yet to even air. The 48-hour rule as it exists in The Ring/Flying Elbow extends to the rest of the board as well.
16. Any derogatory comments towards Blackburn Rovers FC will result in at least a suspension, if not a full ban. Steve Kean is fair game though, insult him all you want. Venkys too.
17. Usage of the Jim Neidhart / Who joke will get a warning as well
18. Mocking Coldplay? That's a