The Montreal Aftermath: WWF 1998

Royal Rumble '98

Show Rating:73

PPV Buyrate: 0.86

• Lightheavyweight Title: Brian Christopher def. Taka Michinoku, Mr. Aguila (M:79 C:48 O:63)
    • The PPV opens with a Light-heavyweight Title match. It's a triangle match, first person to get a pinfall/submission wins.
    • JR notes that Christopher looks solid tonight, and that he bears a striking resemblance to King. Lawler rebuffs the statement and just stays that Brian is one heck of a wrestler.
    • Good high-flying match, but several botched spots simply didn't click with the crowd.
    • Christopher won the title by hitting a legdrop on Taka as he was covering Aguila, after taka hit Aguila with the Michinoku driver. Brian Christopher covers Aguila for the three-count and the title win.
    • Jerry Lawler is ecstatic, calling BC as the next big WWF Superstar.
  • Jeff Jarrett arrives (Rating:79)
    • The feed cuts backstage, and Jeff Jarrett is seen arriving. He's got a bandage wrapped around his head, but other than that it seems like he's ready for tonight.
  • Legion of Doom Interview (Rating:66)
    • Hawk and Animal are backstage. Hawk looks like he could use a shot of perk-it.
    • They go through the motions of running down the New Age Outlaws, ending with Hawk's trademark "Whaaaaaat a ruuuuush". Bleh. Crowd wasn't too into it.
  • WWF Tag Team Titles: New Age Outlaws def. Legion of Doom (M:52 C:75 O:68)
    • Jesse Jammes does his announcing bit. Yay. It went nicely with the crowd.
    • Hawk and Animal practically no-selled every move the Outlaws made.
    • Road Dogg hits Hawk with a steel chair while the ref wasn't looking. Gunn hits a Fameasser and pins Hawk for the win.
    • LOD then fights back and scares off the Outlaws, who run backstage with the titles.
  • DX Interview (Rating:93)
    • Shawn Michaels and Hunter are backstage, Michaels reminds everyone of what happened at RAW.
    • The demeanor of both men has changed, more serious... more menacing.
    • Hunter says that tonight, Jarrett won't know what hit him.
    • Michaels goes on to say that things change, and DX was the catalyst of change in the WWF, Jarrett was nothing more but a man who's stuck with the old times.
    • HBK then says that tonight, the only tradition that Jarrett will be feeling, is his superkick... one foot down his throat.
  • Intercontinental Title: Ken Shamrock def. Rocky Maivia (M:90 C:81 O:85)
    • Shamrock and Rocky get nice fan reaction. Rocky is getting over as a heel, which is good. Shamrock might finally have found his calling.
    • Rocky is accompanied by Farooq himself
    • Great match, Rocky was selling Shamrocks moves like crazy, making Shamrock look solid.
    • Shamrock hit an amazing overhead belly-to-belly suplex, that got the crowd roaring.
    • Rocky mounted a comeback, and even hit his patented Maivia Elbow, with the crowd reacting nicely.
    • Rocky goes for a modified Uranage, which Jim Ross calls the "Rock Bottom". Shamrock counters and rolls into the ankle lock.
    • The referee starts asking Rocky if he quits, Farooq promptly jumps in and attacks Shamrock. This gives him the DQ win, but Rocky retains the title.
    • Shamrock snaps and goes into TERMINATOR mode and slaughters Farooq. Rocky rolls out of the ring, sees the leader of NOD trapped in the ankle lock and decides he wants none of it.
    • Shamrock finishes off Farooq and throws him outside, he then poses for the crowd with that crazed look on his face.
  • WWF Title: Shawn Michaels def. Jeff Jarrett (M:87 C:86 O:86)
    • Michaels is out with HHH and Chyna. The crowd gives them an earful, booing and jeering.
    • Jarrett is out, the fans give a half-hearted cheer for JJ.
    • Match starts with good solid wrestling holds, lock-ups and armbars.
    • It spills outside and HHH and Chyna get involved. Michaels distracts the referee as HHH beats up on Jarrett.
    • Back in the ring, and Michaels asserts his dominance.
    • Jarrett mounts a comeback. The fans get behind him.
    • A lot of tease-pinfalls and two-counts from Jarrett.
    • Jarrett goes for the Figure-Four... but HHH gets on the apron. The ref admonishes HHH. Chyna sneaks in from behind with a chair, but before she swings, Jarrett manages to stop her, and take the chair away. JJ turns around, WHAM. Superkick from Michaels drops him.
    • Michaels covers for the three-count and retains the title.
  • Kane wins the Royal Rumble (M:69 C:48 O:58)
    • The Fink informs everyone of how the rumble is going to go down. 2 Superstars start, 1 Superstar every 2:00, Elimination if both feet touch the floor.
    • #1 is D'lo Brown. #2 is Marc Mero.
    • We go through the motions, wrestlers getting tossed in, and tossed out.
    • Both LOD members are in, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn gets eliminated. LOD get eliminated by Kurrgan.
    • It takes seven men to eliminate Kurrgan.
    • NOD have not been elminated yet, They've still got D'Lo, Kama, and Farooq.
    • Entries #15-#21 are all members of Los Boricuas and DOA. Great.
    • Mero and D'Lo are still in the match 2/3 through.
    • The 22nd entrant comes up. The lights suddenly go dark. The crowd starts cheering, maybe it's the Undertaker?
    • Bright red fireworks explode from the ringposts and the ramp. The piano music starts playing, and out walks Paul Bearer with Kane.
    • Jim Ross sells this as one of the biggest things in the WWF since Hogan. Kane has not been seen since his "brother" disappeared from the WWF a couple of months ago.
    • Kane jumps in and immediately clears the ring of all the fodder, DOA and Boricuas are gone.
    • People start ganging up on Kane, specifically the NOD.
    • #29 is Ken Shamrock. Booyah. He's still ON and begins to help Kane against the NOD.
    • Mero and D'Lo Brown eliminate each other, at about 59 minutes.
    • Rocky finally arrives and takes his pretty little time before making it to the ring.
    • Final Four: Ken Shamrock / Kane / Farooq / Rocky
    • Farooq goes toe-to-toe with Kane, exchanging punches.
    • Shamrock goes BERZERK on Rocky.
    • Shamrock gets eliminated by Rocky, who wisely pulls down on the ropes as Shamrock attempted a running clothesline.
    • Farooq and Rocky start double-teaming Kane, which works.
    • Rocky then tries to double-cross Farooq and eliminate him, but fails. Farooq and Rocky then start arguing. Shoves are exchanged.
    • Kane comes from out of nowhere and hits a double-clothesline that sends both NOD members outside.
    • JR is having a seizure... KANE WINS! KANE WINS! KANE WINS!
    • Crowd was put to sleep by the early part of the Rumble, finish wasn't good enough to stage a solid comeback with the crowd, however.
    • We get a final shot of Kane in the ring as JR and Lawler sign off.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, we'll start with the things that I liked. Christopher winning the Lightweight title is a very good thing. I think he should have won it on it's inception instead of Taka because he had more of a personality, not to mention he spoke english.

I wasn't a big fan of the DQ ending for the Maivia match against Shamrock. I think it would have built better had he won by interference from Faarooq, or even bothed interference. Have Faarooq try to hit him and hit Shamrock by mistake but Rocky doesn't realize it. Would have had my attention.

I think the DQ ending should have been saved for the Jarrett vs Michaels match. Maybe with Jarrett snapping and getting himself disqualified by attacking HBK with a chair. He's not ready for the title but I think in time he will be, and should be the one to unseat the champ, not the royal rumble winner even though it was good to see Kane win something worthwhile.

Rumble Thoughts:

Christopher v. Taka, Aguila: I'm little surprised the championship changed hands so quickly since being formed. I have to admit that Christopher will make a great heel champion and there will be some value in Taka trying to chase him for the title. Taka was also able to go out of the match strong because he wasn't pinned plus he was the one that had Aguila ready to be pinned. It's still disheartening that your lightheavy matches are garnering such low ratings. Well, a '79' is usually repsectable but I'd have thought higher with these guys in it.

Jarrett arrives: This is a small thing but I think it was smart. Cutting to the back to see someone arriving is always saved for the big stars. A segment like this gives the allusion that Jarrett is a big deal. Right now, you need Jarrett to come off that way.

LOD Interview: Either LOD's charisma is real low or they aren't as over as I thought. LOD are a short term thing as far as I'm concerned anyway. I can't see them being a top challenger for more then half the year.

Outlaws v. LOD: I'd say this match was really well booked. The right team went over but they had to do it through cheating. The fact the champs ran away from LOD allowed for the challengers to still look strong. I'd say both teams came out looking good. You could probably milk this for one more match. Though I'd say it's coming about time to get another set of challengers in place.

DX Interview: Another well done segment because it definitely painted DX as heels. They weren't cool or fun here but rather they were cold and caculated. It's hard to want to cheer someone like that.

Shamrock v. Rocky: I'd say this was another well booked match. Shamrock remains strong because he should have won the title and he decimated Farooq. Rocky is still the IC champ even if a bit of a 'Honky Tonk' champ. The simmering rivalry between the NOD members is continued just a little. I'm sure Shamrock isn't done with Rocky but I also know Farooq may be less likely to help the champ next time. This should lead to some fun stuff.

Michaels v. Jarrett: Once again, I'd say both guys came out looking strong. Michaels needed to come out as champ here but I'd say Jarrett looked like a strong challenger. I think the Jarrett chasing Michaels will be an entertaining storyline. The match was built in such a way that the fans could believe that Jarrett would win the title but Michaels still looked like a capable champion. I'd say just the right amount of interference to show Michaels needed an assist but not too much where it made him look weak. I definitely look forward to this feud progressing and building.

Kane wins Rumble: It's good to see that Kane is still with the company. I'm sensing that a face turn is right around the corner. This match did well to really put Kane over as a threat. I have to agree with Tristan that I don't see Kane winning the title at 'Mania. That could all change depending how well the build up is. A definite weak Rumble due to the lack of names but that is what happens when you are in a rebuilding phase. The Rumble allowed for D'Lo, Mero, and Kurrgan to look rather strong and get a chance to become break out stars. The Rumble is always that type of match where a new star can emerge. I'd say it served it's purpose even if the fans didn't seem to care for it.

I haven't heard a thing from a few wrestlers that where in the WWF at the time and I'm wondering if you had released them? Ahmed Johnson, Steve Blackman, Goldust, Headbangers and Bradshaw -- though they could have been in the Rumble and just made no impact at all. Though Goldust and Ahmed would have still been pretty big stars at the time and would defeinitly been used considering the rough shape the roster is in.

A decent Rumble considering the roster you have to work with. I look forward to see what you do with the Road to Wrestlemania.

The Rumble was pretty good. I was surprised to see Christopher win the title, Especially since Taka won it like a month ago, But Christopher makes a good heel champion. Taka going after him could be good. Though, You could always bring up a new babyface challenger with good charisma to go after Christopher. Maybe Christian Cage? (I think he's in the development roster) I liked the ending to most of the matches, HBK going over Jarrett was good, But maybe Jarrett could have gone over via DQ, To make him look strong if there's a rematch? Then again, I'd hate to see two big matches end in DQ's. I liked the Rocky/Shamrock match. I can't wait to see Faarooq and Rocky go at it. Glad to see Kane win it, But I'm not sure if he'll work as a face at this time. Especially since Bearer was so hated by the fans. I just don't see Kane walking out of WM with the gold though. I was hoping you'd post all of the Rumble entrants, But either way, Good show. Lets see what you'll have in store for No Way Out since you'll have more time to build up the event.

Edited by Baby Hewey

So in about the next month or two (before Mania), we're likely to see two face turns. One from Kane, obviously, because Michaels is too good a heel to turn face. And one from Faarooq, who will give a rub to The Rock.

I too would like to see where Goldust is at. At the time he was doing his "Artist Formerly Known as Goldust" schtick, and that was....interesting, to say the least.

About the only thing I disliked about the Rumble was Christopher getting the LHW belt. IIRC, he was far too much a Memphis heel at this time to really get anywhere, while TAKA was the WWF's answer to Rey Mysterio (and way better than Mysterio, but that's neither here nor there).

Overall a pretty good show, you're getting a lot out of having little to work with.

I dunno about that change. I mean, TAFKAG was the epitome of Russo shit in the WWF, and to drop that away? Unless of course he's gonna be coming back in polka dots. Then it'd be just fine.

WWF Monday Night RAW - Jan. 12, 1998

Show Rating: 72

RAW TV Rating: 5.08

Nitro TV Rating: 6.06

• McMahon interviews Kane (Rating: 84)
    • The show opens with Vince McMahon inside the ring. He gets boos, but still refuses to acknowledge it.
    • McMahon says that the WWF's tradition was to give the winner of the Royal Rumble a shot at the WWF TItle at WM
    • He then introduces the Rumble winner... Kane! Jim Ross says that Kane sliced through the Rumble last night like a hot knife through butter.
    • Paul Bearer leads Kane to the ring. The fans are on the fence if they're going to boo him or cheer him.
    • McMahon starts talking, but Bearer cuts him off.
    • Paul says that the days of the Undertaker are over, and that the RAPTURE has arrived. Kane's era begins tonight.
    • Bearer then says that the WWF is not ready for the monster that is Kane.
    • McMahon asks who Kane wants to fight at WM14
    • Bearer says that it won't matter... because whoever it is, he will definitely rest... in... peace....oh yeeeeeees. Right.
    • Well... that was nice. Kane does his pyro, and Vince puts up a half-smile in fear.

• Brian Christopher def. Suicidal Kidd (M:79 C:29 O:54)
    • Lawler gets to introduce the NEW WWF Lightheavyweight Champion, Brian Christopher for the match.
    • Suicidal Kidd (Christian Cage), a guy wearing wrestling tights and a black face-mask is introduced.
    • Lawler berates Christopher's opponent.
    • Good overall match, but the crowd had no idea who the hell Christopher was wrestling, so they were pretty much dead throughout.
    • After several near-falls, Christopher finally kills the Kidd with a top-rope legdrop. Pinfall win.
    • Lawler and BC celebrate the win.
  • Jim Cornette introduces his new talent (Rating:63)
    • Jim Cornette walks out alone. He gets boos from the crowd.
    • Cornette talks about having an eye for talent.
    • He says that he's made champions out of lesser men.
    • Last night, he says, he saw at the Rumble the potential for greatness.
    • Cornette then introduces his NEWEST client...
    • ...KURRGAN! Slightly bland response from the crowd.
    • Cornette says that Kurrgan will be like the black plague... sweeping through the WWF until there is noone left to challenge him!
  • Kurrgan def. Flash Funk (M:75 C:57 O:66)
    • A match is up next as Flash Funk goes toe-to-toe with newly Cornette-ized Kurrgan.
    • Kurrgan is impressive, nailing his moves on the dot. Funk sold well.
    • Flash Funk took over towards the end, but was destroyed when his 360 splash was reversed.
    • Kurrgan locks in the "Death Claw", and Funk passes out to give Kurrgan the victory.
    • Cornette is ecstatic. Yay.
  • Quebecers def. The Godwinns (M:70 C:61 O:65)
    • Godwinns seem to be trying to faces again.
    • Quebecers look to be in better form as they whoop the Godwinns in the ring.
    • The Quebecers get a win back against the Godwinns as Carl Oulette hit a cannonball on HOG.
    • HOG and PIG are pretty pissed off.
  • Farooq talks to Rocky (Rating:78)
    • Backstage, we catch Rocky walking down the hallway.
    • Farooq stops him.
    • Rocky starts talking about how he didn't mean to try and eliminate Farooq. He starts blabbering a bit.
    • Farooq just stares him down.
    • Rocky, with a sheepish grin, says that he would never, EVER, think about double-crossing Farooq.
    • Farooq says that Rocky can prove it, tonight. And walks off.
    • Rocky gives Farooq the eyebrow from behind, and looks like he's got some scheme up his sleeve.
  • Marc Mero def. Savio Vega (M:74 C:69 O:71)
    • Mero and Vega put on a good match for the crowd.
    • Mero defeats Vega once again, this time with a Mero-sault.
    • The crowd cheers Mero, but it's pretty obvious that the boys at the back are having a problem where to put him in the card.
  • Nation interview (Rating:78)
    • Farooq, Rocky and the other Nation members are backstage, giving an interview.
    • Farooq says that tonight, Ken Shamrock is going to get his.
    • Farooq then says that last night was nothing, and that the Nation was solid.
    • Rocky interrupts Farooq and says that tonight, he's going to be watching Farooq's back, and that Shamrock was as good as dead.
    • Farooq just stares Rocky down again, and tells the other Nation members that tonight, only Rocky walks with him to the ring.
  • Farooq def. Ken Shamrock (M:82 C:73 O:77)
    • Farooq and Rocky make their way to the ring.
    • Shamrock is out and he's getting good fan reaction.
    • Farooq is ready for Shamrock this time, and quickly takes over the match with power moves.
    • Shamrcok battles back, but is dispatched by a low blow when Rocky distracted the referee.
    • Farooq slows the match down and pounds on Shamrock.
    • Shamrock mounts a comeback, but in the process knocks out the referee.
    • Rocky jumps in the ring with a chair. Farooq and Shamrock are getting up slowly.
    • Rocky seems to be second-guessing... it looks like he's going to hit Farooq!
    • But Rocky decides against it, and smashes the chair into Shamrock!
    • Farooq hits the Dominator and covers. Rocky wakes the ref up, one, two, three. Farooq wins!
    • Farooq and Rocky head back, Farooq obviously pleased that Rocky has proven his loyalties. Rocky has that smirk on his face.
    • Shamrock is in the ring, and he SNAPS. TERMINATOR MODE! Ref goes down as Shamrock locks in the ankle-lock, and the staff run in to break things up.
  • DX Interview (Rating:75)
    • Shawn Michaels, Hunter and Chyna are out.
    • Hunter props up Michaels, doing the entire "Who is the showstopper?" bit with Shawn.
    • Mixed reaction from the crowd, half of them want to cheer Shawn, half are disgusted.
    • Michaels talks about last night, and how he had beaten Jarrett one, two, three.
    • Michaels says that everyone is gunning for him because he's at the top.
    • Hunter taunts JJ saying that tradition died with Jarrett last night.
    • Michaels says that if Jarrett wants more of last night, he should walk out and face him.
    • And that brings JJ out...
  • Jeff Jarrett mauled (Rating:81)
    • JJ walks to the ring, and he's surrounded by Michaels, HHH and Chyna.
    • JJ grabs the microphone from Shawn. Says that Shawn can't win without his henchmen.
    • JJ then says that HHH is wrong, tradition didn't die last night, tradition got blindsided by punks like him and Michaels.
    • Michaels tells JJ that at the PPV, In Your House: No Way Out, he had a big idea... Jarrett bringing in 3 other guys who believes in "tradition", and Michaels brining in himself, HHH and two other guys in an 8-man tag.
    • JJ says that it's on... and sucker punches Michaels! HHH and Chyna attack JJ, but JJ fights back! He's clearing the ring!
    • But wait! Here come the New Age Outlaws! They surround JJ and start putting a beatdown! The fans chant LOD!
    • The Legion of Doom come running in and EVERYONE clears. JJ is helped up by the LOD. JR goes bonkers.
    • Final shot with Michaels smiling at JJ, and JJ with an intense look on his face. Staredown, from across the ramp and ring, and the show is over.

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night - Jan. 17, 1998

Show Rating: 73

TV Rating: 0.4

• Mr. Aguila def. Suicidal Kid(M:81 C:41 O:61)
    • Michael Cole opens the show and segues into the match.
    • Good match. Aguila and Kid put on a show for the crowd.
    • Aguila hit a hurricanrana for the win.
  • Kane interview(Rating:78)
    • Cole recaps that Kane was the Rumble winner and that he and Paul Bearer have a message for the WWF
    • Paul Bearer and Kane are shown in a graveyard setting.
    • Bearer says that the time is drawing near. The rapture is coming.
    • Bearer shows the urn and says that Kane's time is near.
    • Kane does some heavy breathing. Bearer says that noone will be able to stop Kane. Nice.
  • D'Lo Brown def. Tom Brandi(M:65 C:63 O:64)
    • Look, it's Salvatore Sincere! No, wait. It's just Tom Brandi. Face.
    • D'Lo is with Kama Mustafa.
    • Nice average match. D'Lo wins easily, however.
    • Beatdown on Brandi, and the match is over.
  • Replay of DX beatdown(Rating:91)
    • Cole shows the replay of the beatdown that DX gave JJ.
    • Cole says that the New Age Outlaws have aligned themselves with Michaels.
    • LOD runs in for the save. Cole plays up who the 4th team member for JJ is.
  • Legion of Doom def. The Headbangers(M:81 C:64 O:72)
    • LOD vs. Headbangers! Yay.
    • LOD are wrestling well... they actually sell moves if they're slotted to win the match.
    • LOD hits the Doomsday Device on Mosh for the win.
    • LOD poses for the fans. yay. Michael Cole says that that's the show, and asks us to tune in to Heat and RAW

Good shows. I'm hoping you don't end up turning DX face. Even though Kane would make a pretty hard to buy babyface. I'm digging the stuff with Rocky and Faarooq. I can't wait to see what happens when Faarooq finally realizes that Rocky is playing him. The eight men match sounds good, I wonder who LOD/Jarrett will get for their partners. Maybe Kane? I don't know with Cornette with Kurrgan? Don't you have the Jackyl on your roster? He used to manage the big ape. Keep up the good work, I'm interested in seeing how you'll build up to Wrestlemania. (Y)

Good shows. I'm hoping you don't end up turning DX face. Even though Kane would make a pretty hard to buy babyface. I'm digging the stuff with Rocky and Faarooq. I can't wait to see what happens when Faarooq finally realizes that Rocky is playing him. The eight men match sounds good, I wonder who LOD/Jarrett will get for their partners. Maybe Kane? I don't know with Cornette with Kurrgan? Don't you have the Jackyl on your roster? He used to manage the big ape. Keep up the good work, I'm interested in seeing how you'll build up to Wrestlemania. (Y)

WWF Sunday Night Heat - Jan. 18, 1998

Show Rating:73

TV Rating:5.50

• Replay of DX/JJ from RAW (Rating:79)
    • Show opens with Michael Cole welcoming us, he gives us a recap of RAW and the JJ/DX/LOD feud.
    • Cole speculates on who the 4th member of JJ is.
  • The Can-Am Connection def. Bart Gunn & Bob Holly (M:86 C:48 O:67)
    • Well, seems like Russo thinks he'll revolutionize the tag-team division by putting 2 out of work mid-carders and forming a team. He might be right.
    • Furnas and LaPhon win the match, despite the heel tactics by Gunn and Holly.
    • Good overall match, crowd wasn't too into it though.
  • Kurrgan w/ Cornette interview (Rating:83)
    • Cole says that we have a taped interview from Cornette and his newest protege: Kurrgan.
    • Cornette is with Kurrgan, he talks about how Kurrgan manhandled people in the Rumble.
    • Cornette then says that Kurrgan is going straight to the top, and with his guidance, straight to the WWF Championship
  • Kurrgan def. Tom Brandi (M:68 C:58 O:63)
    • SQUAAAAASH! Kurrgan DECIMATES Brandi.
  • Rocky Maivia interview (Rating:89)
    • Cole then segues into a taped Rocky interview
    • Rocky is backstage talking about how he and Farooq are solid as stone.
    • He says that the Nation is his family, and how family sticks together.
    • Rocky talks about being the IC Champ and having a duty to the people.
    • Rocky says that the people also have a duty to him... to worship the very ground he walked on.
    • He says that the people better keep their traler parks out of his big ass mansion
    • And Rocky also says that he would like the people to never forget who the IC champ is, and that's The Rock: Rocky Maivia.
  • Skull & 8-Ball draw D'lo Brown & Kama Mustafa (M:64 C:56 O:60)
    • Tag match. Bland Nation vs. DOA match.
    • BONZO-GONZO finish as Mark Henry and Chainz run in... 3 vs. 3 braaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwl!!!
  • Jeff Jarrett interview (Rating:76)
    • Cole gives us a taped interview from JJ
    • JJ is out, and he basically talks about the same things.
    • JJ says that Michaels' time as champ is drawing to a close
    • He says that at IYH:No Way Out, Michaels and DX are going to get what's coming to them
    • JJ says that he has no idea who his partner is going to be, but he has a couple of tricks up his sleeve.
  • Kane def. Henry O. Godwinn (M:70 C:71 O:70)
    • Kane wins by SQUAAAAASH! P.I.G. tries to run in but he gets SQUAAAAASH!ed as well
    • Cole closes the show, telling us to stay tuned to RAW tommorow night.
Edited by wrestlingsuicide

Guest The Timelord

Well, I have just spent the last couple of days reading through this, and I have gotta say that its real good. i like the way you write your results, different and interesting, makes the whole thing a lot easier to read. i do envy you for using it, as I kinda wanted to use it for a future diary I might do, but it looks like you have it taken :D no worries

im not sure why, but i want a faarooq push in the near future. keep it up anyways.

i liked the squash match on heat BTW, as HOG and PIG sucked!

Edited by The Timelord

Heat was pretty good. I can't wait until The Rock/Faarooq situation explodes, All though, I feel it'll be rushed since the WWF is desperate here. I never cared for Furnas and LaFon, And I'm hoping you'll push Bob Holly and Bart Gunn as a tag team. I always liked them as the new midnight express for some reason. I'm interested in seeing who Double J will find to team with him. Maybe he'll get Kane? Can't wait to see what you'll do with Goldust and Ahmed, As they were pretty big at the time. I'm also interested in what Ken Shamrock will be doing now if it does end up being Faarooq feuding with The Rock. (though Ahmed had lost a ton of heat during '97) Keep up the good work (Y) Can't wait for Raw Is War.

Raw Thoughts:

Kane Interview: I like the fact you are mentioning the heel heat Vince is getting. I'm sensing he'll be a part of storylines very soon in the future. Maybe he'll even be the reason for a Maivia face turn in a few months since I'm convinced that is going to happen. As for Kane, I'm sensing he needs to be turned face soon since no way DX should be faces. I am not seeing Michaels losing the title before 'Mania nor do I think that would be a very smart move at this point. Despite what happens, I don't see Kane winning the title at Mania either. My long term prediction is Michaels gets a really extended title reign that is ended by a face Mavia.

Christopher beats Kidd: Wow, that was a really low overness rating. I'm assuming Christian's overness is somewhere between 15 and 30 thus the low rating. I'm glad that the lightweight division is getting some play on the A show. Christopher now just needs a hot challenger though I see benefit in Taka chasing especially since he wasn't pinned at the Rumble.

Kurrgan/Cornette Angle: Really good move with putting Kurrgan with Cornette. He is the perfect monster heel that WWF would like to push. Cornette is such a good mouthpiece for someone like Kurrgan with low Charisma. If this is done right, Kurrgan could be a perfect oppponent for Kane (especially if Kane does end up winning the title).

Kurrgan over Flash Funk: I said it once and I'll say it again, Flash Funk is way too talented to be jobbing. Especially since WWF really needs strong faces at this point. I'm voting for a repackaging of Funk real quick.

Quebecers over Goddwinns: It's good to showcase the tag teams since WWF needs to be spotlighting all their divisions. Especially since the roster is so thin right now. Not sure if a Godwinns face turn will work unless you make sure to avoid making them hill billies. Maybe they can be rough and tough rednecks sort of like a tag team version of Austin. I'm sensing with Quebecers going over that we may end up with a multi team match for the titles real soon since no team seems to be a clear fore runner as challengers.

Farooq and Rocky angle: Greet seed planting for the eventual turn. All roads point to Maivia remaining the heel here but I'm thinking a swerve gets pulled. Maivia is just more valuable as a face then Farooq is.

Mero over Savio: Mero needs to be put in a storyline stat. Right now he is just aimlessly drifiting which isn't good with WWF needing to make stars.

Nation interview: More really good stuff in what is probably the #2 story in WWF right now. It's getting me very excited about the eventual blow off to this story. Though I think you can still slow burn this for at least one more month.

Farooq beats Shamrock: Shamrock remains strong by going terminator after the match. Plus it's obvious he only lost via interference. Farooq gets a much needed win over a big name star. Rocky plants more seeds of deception and it's still only seed planting which is good. The fans eagerly watch as everyone knows that Rocky is not trust worthy except for poor Farooq. Though I still believe it needs to be Rocky who goes face.

DX Interview: I'm glad you are making the fans mixed to the reaction to DX. That would be really realistic to the WWF of '98. DX explempified the Attitude era and were pretty over during this time. DX even got cheers when they were up against Austin during this time and he was the definite top face. So things would really be mixed against squeaky clean Jarrett. Despite all this, I'm pumped about Jarrett chasing Michaels and feel it has potential to succeed is Jarrett gets an edge.

IYH Set up: A great show closing angle that sets up the next big PPV main event. It should be really awesome main event. It freshens things up since most fans probably wouldn't pay to see Jarrett alone. LOD would be really over and give Jarrett some really needed credibility as a face. It's good to see the Outlaws joins up with DX at this point. Though I'd keep them away from fully joining in order to avoid being too much like reality. As for the mystery opponent, the obvious pick would be Kane in order to add to the 'Mania main event and to cement Kane as a face. But I also have a feeling that Austin could fit in a match like this. A tag match would be perfect for a wrestler like Ausitn that can't wrestle a full schedule. He is over enough to sell a main event like this. Pairing Austin with Jarrett would help get Jeff over as a face. Plus it would just lead to really great dynamic as someone like the Don't Trust Anyone Austin joining in a tag match. Some really cool possibilities to go here.

Shotgun Thoughts:

Aguila over Suicide: A great match rating and another great showcase of the division. Christian must have gained some major overness with his match with Christopher in order to have such an improved crowd rating. Glad to see that Aguila can get a win.

Kane interview: Hmmm. . . not seeming like a face yet. I wonder if Kane will break away from Bearer before 'Mania? Though Kane will need a mouthpiece if that happens. Maybe Sunny? She'd definitely help turn him face and it could be like the Kane/Tori vibe from actual WWF.

D'Lo beat Brandi: Good to see the NOD members getting some wins. I think, NOD should be kept as a fairly strong mid card stable. D'Lo is a strong talent that deserves a push. Brandi is fine in a jobber role.

LOD beat Headbangers: Really shocked by that match rating. Though LOD probably are 100 for tag experience which would help. 'Bangers shouldn't be denied a solid push either though.

Heat Thoughts:

Can-Am beat Holly/Gunn: I'm all for Can-Ams winning since they are a talented team. WWF needs solid face tag teams right now. Especially since you've seemed to have turned Headbangers heel without telling anyone. Though I don't think Holly & Gunn should have jobbed in their tag team debut. Unless you have no intention of pushing them.

Kurrgan interview: Wow, does Cornette ever make a difference for overness in segments with Cornette. More proof that this pairing is a very smart move. Kurrgan could be destined for some big things if paired with the right opponent.

Kurrgan beats Brandi: This is about right. In order to get Kurrgan over a monster he needs to be squashing people left and right. Maybe the DOA guys would be the next good victims for some squashing.

Rocky Maivia interview: That sounds exactly like the type of interview that Maivia would do in early '98. Really good stuff. I loved the comment about staying out of his mansion.

DOA v. Nation: D'Lo doesn't seem to pop very high match ratings in this diary. Maybe his stats are lower then I thought. Anyway, this seems to be nothing more then a placeholder feud that just give these guys something to do. I'd guess the six man blow off will happen on Raw this week or something.

Jarrett Interview: Hmmm. . . this interview defintiely opens the door for Jarrett's partner being someone he doesn't necessarily get along with. This leads me to thinking Austin or Kane would work perfectly. Even Owen would be awesome but that isn't happening if you stick with the Owen sitting out of his contract deal.

Kane squashes HOG: Exactly what needs to happen to make Kane a force at 'Mania. Now, we just need to get this face turn happening.