The Montreal Aftermath: WWF 1998

Solid Heat. I like Ray Rougeau with The Quebecers, But I don't really see The Quebecers getting over. Especially with a "cool" team like The Outlaws being the top heels. I did like seeing DOA get a shot at the champs. I don't like the name Charlie Scaggs, I think he would have been better going by Scorpio, But I think the point was for him to get away from the gimmicks, So whatever. Lets see if he and Dustin can become a top team. I'm waiting to see their confrontation with Vince. I wish Scott Taylor would be more than a jobber since he's pretty charismatic (assuming he is in the scenario) and he's a pretty solid competitor.

Looking forward to Raw Is War (Y)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly decent Heat which saw some storyline development. I'm sensing your WWF is starting to really come together now and beginning to find some directions for your talent. I'm still enjoying the threesome of the Quebecers but I don't see a top push since NOA are the champs and heels. Maybe you can find Quebecers to feud with a another tag team for now? I also enjoy that they seem to be heading back to their Mountie roots since that was always a fun gimmick. I'm loving the stuff with Dustin & Skaggs. I'm guessing they will have a tough road ahead since they spoke badly of Vince. I'm very intrigued to where this story is heading. I'm also glad to see that Skaggs is getting himself a push. I'm interested to see what DX has in store for Jarrett. I believe this is the week that Jarrett will need to get some revenge on DX. All in all, a pretty decent show that makes me look forward to Raw.

WWF Monday Night RAW - Feb. 2, 1998

Show Rating: 75

RAW TV Rating: 5.09

Nitro TV Rating: 5.86

• DX is in the house(Rating:87)
    • The show opens with DX in the ring. Shawn, Hunter, Chyna and the NAO are receiving a healthy share of boos from the crowd.
    • HHH grabs the mic, and says that if JJ still has the balls to come out tonight, he better do so.
    • Michaels reminds everyone why he's the champ: he's cunning, calculating and always one step ahead.
    • HHH and Michaels does the "Who issssss the icon?" bit.
    • The crowd's pretty solid on them being heels now, after the assault on JJ.
  • JJ shows up(Rating:86)
    • JJ and LOD walk out, and the fans cheer.
    • JJ has got a semi-crewcut on. HHH quips "Nice hair."
    • JJ says that Michaels and DX are going to go down.
    • Michaels asks where the hell JJ's partner is.
    • JJ says he doesn't need anyone else. Him and LOD are going to take Michaels down this Sunday.
    • Michaels tells JJ that noone believes in tradition anymore... and that's why Hart is out of the WWF, and that's why noone has elected to even be JJ's partner.
    • JJ says that it's put-up or shut-up time.
    • Michaels tells JJ that he's got a surprise, because the match at In Your House is going to be an ELIMINATION match. Crowd cheers.
    • Michaels also reminds JJ that tonight, they're slated to go 3-on-3... JJ/LOD vs. Michaels/NAO, and the only way JJ is making it out of RAW is if hell freezes over.
    • JJ tells Michaels to bring it on JACKASS.
    • JJ and LOD march to the ring, but security runs out and stops them.
    • Looks like we'll have a kick-ass main event tonight.
  • Taka Michinoku & Scott Taylor def. Brian Christopher & Suicidal Kidd (M:89 C:61 O:75)
    • Nice tag match. JR and King promote the title match between BC and Taka at IYH.
    • Everyone's flying. Nice high-spots here and there.
    • Taka hit the Michinoku driver on Kidd after Christopher bailed out late in the match.
    • Crowd is slowly liking this division.
  • Recon & Sniper def. The Bushwhackers (M:43 C:50 O:47)
    • Recon and Sniper come out to almost no fan reaction.
    • Usual routine for Luke and Butch.
    • The Quebecers come out of nowhere and interfere. Ray distracts the ref, while Oulette and Jacques hit a double-DDT on Luke.
    • Truth Commission win.
    • The Quebecers put the boots on the Bushwhackers after the match, and then pose for the crowd.
  • Kurrgan def. Steve Blackman (M:80 C:52 O:66)
    • Steve Blackman is out. Little crowd reaction, but they do appreciate the martial arts gimmick.
    • Good match, Blackman and Kurrgan gave a brawl.
    • Jim Cornette is sitting in commentary, saying that there will be a battle royale at In Your House, the only aim: to eliminate Kurrgan. Cornette says that Kurrgan is going to prove that he is an UNSTOPPABLE force.
    • Kurrgan finishes Blackman off with a giant boot. Ouch.
  • Rhodes and Scaggs demand McMahon! (Rating:75)
    • Dustin Rhodes and Charlie Scaggs are out.
    • Rhodes says that if McMahon was any kind of man, he'd come out here tonight.
    • Scaggs also calls out Vince.
    • No response from Vinnie.
    • Rhodes says that if he has to beat everyone in the WWF, he'll do it, just to get to McMahon.
    • Scaggs tells Vince that he can't hide forever. They'll get him soon enough.
  • Rhodes and Scaggs def. 8-Ball & Skull (M:76 C:64 O:70)
    • Typical tag match.
    • Rhodes and Scaggs are a solid team.
    • Rhodes hit the Curtain Call, renamed by JR as the "Reality Check" on Skull to win.
  • The Nation have issues (Rating:82)
    • The Nation is backstage. Rocky with the hawaiian shirt. Rocky and D'Lo are having an argument. Farooq steps in.
    • Farooq reminds Rocky that he'll be defending th IC Title against Shamrock at IYH.
    • D'Lo says that Rocky only cares about himself. Rocky says that it's not his fault he's always hurt.
    • Farooq stops the quarelling and reminds both of them to get their heads together.
    • Farooq gives D'Lo the night off. D'Lo storms out.
    • Rocky grins. Farooq tells Rocky to get his act together, because Sunday night, D'Lo is the only Nation member that's going to be at ringside.
    • Well, that wipes the smile out of Rocky's face.
  • Ken Shamrock def. Mark Henry (M:66 C:68 O:63)
    • Kama, Farooq and Rocky are at ringside. D'Lo is gone.
    • Shamrock fends off several run-in tries from the Nation.
    • Shamrock locks in the ankle-lock, and Henry almost taps out. Rocky and the Nation run in.
    • 4 on 1 against Shamrock, who tries his damned best to take on everyone.
    • Rocky hits a modified Uranage, JR calls it the "Rock Bottom"
    • The Nation walk out, leaving Shamrock in the ring, as he's trying to get up.
    • Close-up on Shamrock, screamin in anger at Rocky.
  • Shawn Michaels & New Age Outlaws def. Jeff Jarrett & Legion of Doom (M:76 C:79 O:78)
    • 3 on 3, with DX having HHH and Chyna at ringside.
    • Good overall match.
    • NAO double-team JJ as he's trying to get the hot tag.
    • This goes on for like 5 minutes. JJ is weary.
    • JJ gets the hot tag to Animal. And he cleans house.
    • Soon, it's a 3-on-3 brawl! The ring clears!
    • Chyna distracts the ref! HHH pulls JJ off the mat! Billy Gunn and Hawk are battling outside. Road Dogg grabs a chair and tosses it to Shawn, who slams it on Animal's face! The ref turns around, one, two and three!
    • DX quickly retreat after the win. They collect themselves on the mat.
    • Michaels and HHH are laughing. The NAO have smirks on their faces. JJ and Hawk attend to the fallen Animal.
  • KAAAAAANE! (Rating:86)
    • JJ grabs a mic.
    • Michaels and DX are walking back.
    • JJ tells HBK to hold up, because he has something to say.
    • JJ says that DX might think that they have the upper hand, and he did... he looked around the WWF for people who shared the same feelings that he did.
    • JJ tells DX that he might have not found someone who was going to war with him against DX for the sake of tradition. But he did find someone who wanted to kick some ass at IYH.
    • JJ says that when he said earlier tonight that he didn't have a partner... he lied. He found one man who wanted Michaels just as much as he did.
    • Cue pyro. IT'S KAAAAAAANE! HE'S APPEARED ON TOP OF THE RAMP!!! MICHAELS IS SCARED SHITLESS!
    • DX rush at Kane! NAO get SLAUGHTERED! CHOKESLAM! CHOKESLAM! HHH is next! Thrown into the railing! Kane grabs Chyna! And she is shoved away!
    • Michaels runs away through the crowd. JJ is smiling. JJ says that an IYH, Shawn will have bigger problems than him and LOD. JJ says that Shawn will have to face the NUMBER ONE CONTENDER TO THE TITLE: KANE!!!
    • Kane poses. PYRO! MORE PYRO! Beautiful. The Crowd eats it ALL up.
    • JR goes nuts. Plugs the PPV this Sunday. Yay!

IPB Image

IN YOUR HOUSE: NO WAY OUT

February 8, 1998

Card is subject to change without prior notice

CARD:

• The Quebecers vs. The BushWhackers
  • WWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Brian Christopher vs. Taka Michinoku
  • Battle Royal: The Kurrgan Open
  • WWF Intercontinental Championship: Rocky Maivia vs. Ken Shamrock
  • Elimination Match: Jeff Jarrett, Kane, Legion of Doom vs. Shawn Michaels, HHH, New Age Outlaws

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night - Feb. 2, 1998

Show Rating: 71

TV Rating: 0.04

• Kurrgan with Cornette(Rating:84)
    • Kurrgan is with Jim Cornette in the studio as Cole opens the show.
    • Cornette says that tommorow night, the Kurrgan Open is going to showcase HIS premier client... KURRGAN!
    • Cornette lays down the challenge, noone in the 9 men with Kurrgan in the ring, can eliminate him, even if they all worked together!
    • Cornette tells Cole to watch tommorow night as Kurrgan shows the WWF who the real monster is!
  • Bradshaw def. Scott Putski(M:55 C:42 O:48)
    • Squash. Next match please.
  • DX Interview(Rating:93)
    • DX is in a taped interview.
    • Michaels admits that he was taken by surprise, with Kane joining JJ and LOD, but he wasn't afraid.
    • He says that Kane is nothing more but another stepping stone to greatness. He's fought big men before and Kane was no different.
    • HHH says that tommorow night, JJ and LOD are finally going to be put down like the dogs that they are.
    • HBK and HHH does the "who isssss the icon" bit again.
    • HBK says that when it's all set and done, DX will be the last ones standing.
  • JJ/LOD/Kane Interview(Rating:89)
    • Taped Interview of JJ w/ LOD and Kane. Kane has Bearer with him
    • JJ talks about turning the tables on DX last night, and that he had just begun. Tradition starts once again, tomorrow night.
    • LOD talks about taking the Outlaws to school... the OLD SCHOOL!
    • Bearer speaks for Kane. He says that when Michaels first saw Kane rip off the door at Hell In A Cell, he knew that Kane was destined to take the title away from Michaels.
    • Bearer says that at the Rumble, Kane showed the world why he deserved to be the number one contender... and after tomorrow night, Kane's path to Wrestlemania would be clear. Ooooooh Yeeeeesssss.
    • Hawk goes "WHHHHHHHHAAAAAT A RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUSSH!" to end the interview.
  • Recon and Sniper def. The Godwinns(M:62 C:50 O:56)
    • Well... the Truth Commission rack up another win. Thanks to interference from Jackyl.
    • Cole says that the show's over and reminds us to order the PPV: In Your House No Way Out!

Guest Crossface

Whoo, you got me excited with the Kane shtick.

Nice show, but the lack of storylines sucks. except JJ and Kane VS Michaels, NAO VS LOD and the Rocky-Nation, the show is bland.

I'l vote for the PPV later.

Good Raw. Glad to see Kane doing something. He's just too much of a hoss not to be involved in anything. Especially since he's the #1 contender. The main event for IYH is gonna be great. I kinda picture Jarrett moving away from HBK and going after Triple H, Kinda like Owen did. I hate The Bushwhackers, Lets hope The Quebecers destroy their sorry asses. The Truth Commission getting a push sounds good, The Jackyl was a good manager at the time and I'm sure he has high charisma. The nation storyline is still interesting, I'm wondering what D'Lo will do at IYH. I'll post my predictions later when you got the final card up. (Y)

A decent Raw & Shotgun. I have to agree with most people that the main event storyline and the Nation storyline are the best things you have right now. I'm also intrigued by the Skaggs & Dustin calling out McMahon stuff and I'm sure that will lead to something big for both men. Everything else is pretty bland and by the numbers at this point. Definitely not a fan of the exposure the Bushwahckers are getting and I'm hoping the Quebecers put them away very quickly. The PPV really seems like a one match card at this point as the main event looks to be really awesome but everything else seems to be pretty forgettable. I really hope things pick up so that Wrestlemania is more then just about it's main event but a top to bottom special event. I do like Kane arriving as Jarrett's partner and think that could lead to some great stuff. I'm prediciting for Kane to score a pinfall over Michaels as the possible final elimination. Though Kane will need to do something to establish himself as a clear face real soon. I'm hoping you let us know who is in the battle royal with Kurrgan. I can understand the quick recap format but it's nice to know who people's opponents are. Though I'm assuming Kurrgan destroys everybody since you didn't mention his opposition. Looks like we got a pretty throwaway PPV being headlined by a killer main event.

Like Hewey, I'll post predictions if you put out the final card line-up.

IPB Image

In Your House: No Way Out

February 8, 1998

Final Card:(Card is subject to change without prior notice)

• The Quebecers vs. The BushWhackers
    • The Quebecers recently ambushed the beloved Bushwhackers during RAW! Will the duo from down under be able to get back at their northern opponents!?
  • WWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Brian Christopher vs. Taka Michinoku
    • Brian Christopher defends the Lightheavyweight Championship for the first time, and it's against the man he took it from! Can he survive Taka Michinoku and the Michinoku driver?
  • Battle Royal: The Kurrgan Open
    • Nine men will be given the task of eliminating Kurrgan, one after another. Who will be able succeed in this task!? Will Kurrgan show his utter dominance over the WWF Superstars!?
  • WWF Intercontinental Championship: Rocky Maivia vs. Ken Shamrock
    • Ken Shamrock has been after Rocky Maivia for most of the month, while Rocky has had some trouble with his fellow Nation members. Can Rocky retain the title knowing that he's got a hungry Shamrock in the ring and a doubtful ally outside in D'Lo Brown?
  • Elimination Match: Jeff Jarrett, Kane, Legion of Doom vs. Shawn Michaels, HHH, New Age Outlaws
    • Is Kane enough of an edge for JJ and LOD to be able to beat the cunning HBK and DX? This match is going to blow the roof off of the arena. Who will be eliminated? Who will survive? Find out, order the PPV!

Nice diary. I really like the short, summarized results, although I wish there was a bit more (backstage stuff, internet reports, etc.). Still very good though. Almost an inspiration for me to start my own diary.

I'll make some predictions for IYH: No Way Out.

The Quebecers vs. The BushWhackers

I think you've got some plans for The Quebecers. The way they've been booked makes me think as though you do. I do have a question though, who are the Tag Team Champions? Maybe I missed it, but I haven't even seen a mention of them.

WWF Light Heavyweight Championship: Brian Christopher vs. Taka Michinoku

I like BC as the LH Champ, it really gives the title some credibility. You're pushing it much harder than the real WWF ever did, which I also like. I sense a nice, long reign for BC as champ.

Battle Royal: The Kurrgan Open Kurrgan defeats all comers

Kurrgan is getting himself a nice push right now. I think it's going to be straight jobbers marched into the ring, all being destroyed in an effort to further Kurrgan's push.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Rocky Maivia vs. Ken Shamrock

Return match from Royal Rumble. I think Shamrock again picks up the win, but this time also walks away with the IC title. I can smell a Rocky face turn, with D'Lo helping Shamrock win. It needs to happen now if you want to build into a Farooq/Rocky confrontation at WrestleMania.

Elimination Match: Jeff Jarrett, Kane, Legion of Doom vs. Shawn Michaels, HHH, New Age Outlaws

I think this turns out to be a match where it comes down to Kane versus like 3 members of DX, and he defeats every one of them, with HBK coming last. It makes Kane look like a monster threat to the WWF title coming into WrestleMania.

Edited by Shizzle182

Predict-o-rama:

Bushwhackers don't have anything of value to add to the WWF at this point. While the Quebecers seem to be in the midst of a decent push. I can't see any benefit in the 'Whackers going over. The Quebecers should win here and quickly move on to something better for them.

WWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Brian Christopher vs. Taka Michinoku[*]

Christopher just won the title at the Royal Rumble and I can't see any benefit in flip flopping the title. A strong heel champion is always a good way to add some credibility to a divsion and I can see some value in several light heavies chasing after Christopher. Though I don't actually know who Christopher can move on to after Taka.

Battle Royal: The Kurrgan Open - Ahmed Johnson

This match is such a crap shoot since it's not known who is in the battle royal. My understanding is that the 9 wrestler will individually get a chance to eliminate Kurrgan and the match will continue until Kurrgan eliminates all 9 or someone eliminates Kurrgan. I predict that Kurrgan will eliminate 8 wrestlers and a fresh. returning Ahmed Johnson will get rid of Kurrgan. This should set up a match between Kurrgan and Ahmed at 'Mania.

D'Lo will end up helping Rocky retain the title despite not being on the best of terms with him. This will allow Shamrock to move on and for Rocky to concentrate on simmering issues with the NOD. At this point, I see Rocky keeping the title and using the title as a catalyst for his nearing feud with NOD members. Too much value in the Rock as champ to have it go over to Shamrock.

Elimination Match: Jeff Jarrett, Kane, Legion of Doom vs. Shawn Michaels, HHH, New Age Outlaws

The match will come down to Kane and Michaels with Kane scoring the big final pinfall. That will allow for Kane to come into Wrestlemania really strong as the challenger to Michael's title. I also see HHH & Jarrett double eliminating each other in order to set up a 'Mania match for those two.

Seems like you got plans for The Quebecers. So they're gonna need to go over here. I just don't see The Bushwhackers getting the win. The Quebecers win, But I doubt it'll be a clean win. That way you can keep The Bushwhackers looking strong.

WWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Brian Christopher vs. Taka Michinoku

He just won the title. I doubt he'll lose it now. Taka could win by DQ or something, But I doubt it. I just wonder who Christopher will face next. There's no other strong challengers for the title.

Battle Royal: The Kurrgan Open Ahmed Johnson

Much like Spicedawg, I think Johnson will make his return here and win it. Besides, You can't afford to have nine guys get squashed by Kurrgan.

D'Lo helps Rocky here. Shamrock could win it if Faarooq interferes, But I doubt it. I think we'll get Rock versus Faarooq at Wrestlemania.

Kane pins HBK here. Kane needs to look strong for Wrestlemania and a win over HBK would make him look good heading into Wrestlemania. Besides, I doubt Kane's getting the title at Wrestlemania, So if he was to lose here, He'd just come off looking like crap.

Winners: The Quebecers

Winner: Christopher

Battle Royal: The Kurrgan Open

Winner: Ahmad Johnson

Winner: Shamrock

Kane pins HBK here. Kane needs to look strong for Wrestlemania and a win over HBK would make him look good heading into Wrestlemania. Besides, I doubt Kane's getting the title at Wrestlemania, So if he was to lose here, He'd just come off looking like crap.

Winners: Jarrett, LOD, Kane

Survivor: Kane

The Quebecers-If they don't win then you've essentially wasted the storyline with them. Bushwackers have nothing to gain, but The Quebecers have everything to lose.

Christopher-Where did this come from? Seems thrown together and therefore I have to say the champion retains.

The Kurrgan Challenge-Ummm Kurgan? Otherwise it kind of ruins the name, but I say he cheats to win it and sets up a fued between him and the last eliminated.

Rocky Maivia-Ken is a flounderer...no, not the fish. But come on, it's Maivia...if he loses it'll be by DQ but I think he needs a clean win over Ken.

Jarrett/Kane/LOD-I'm with Spice on this...Jarrett/HHH get a double count out and then it ends with Kane pinning HBK.

Personally I think I would have just gone with the Rougeaus and left Oulette out altogether, but whatever. The Whackers shouldn't even be here.

By DQ somehow. Then we'll have the blowoff at WM.

Battle Royal: The Kurrgan Open

Duh. Kurrgan.

Rock will bring the Nation back together for as long as it counts, and then by WM we'll see a face turn from either him or Faarooq.

I'm going against the grain here and predicting that DX win. I think it'll come down to INSANE cheating for the wins, I mean old school Memphis level cheating, some major four-on-two stuff after the LOD are eliminated, but it will be done.

IPB Image

IN YOUR HOUSE: NO WAY OUT - Feb.8, 1998

Show Rating: 74

PPV Buy Rate: 0.94

Dark Match / Heat Main Event

• Scott Taylor def. Suicidal Kidd, Mr. Aguila(M:91 C:58 O:74)
    • Great match from the three light-heavyweights. Yay!

Pay Per View

• The Quebecers def. The Bushwhackers(M:26 C:62 O:51)
    • The PPV opens with JR and Jerry Lawler welcoming us to IN YOUR HOUSE: NO WAY OUT!
    • They give us a rundown of the matches tonight.
    • The Quebecer's music starts playing and the first match of the night commences.
    • Bushwhackers come out to nice applause.
    • The Bushwhackers completely no-sold during the entire match, leaving the Quebecers looking like idiots trying to pull off their moves.
    • The Quebecers win this one with Ray Rougeau distracting the referee and Carl Oulette nailing Luke with a mounty's prod.
    • Beatdown on the Bushwhackers commences.
  • WWF LightHeavyweight Championship: Brian Christopher def. Taka Michinoku(M:85 C:63 O:74)
    • It's the lightheavyweight championship match and Lawler is excited!
    • Jerry hops into the ring to introduce BC.
    • JR tells Jerry "how sweet"
    • Good match overall, BC and Taka have a chemistry in the ring.
    • BC taunts the crowd a bit, and gets decent reaction.
    • Taka went on a roll and had the crowd going when he signalled for the Michinoku Driver.
    • BC reverses the driver, though, and rolls Taka up, BC places his feet on the ropes, and the ref doesn't see.
    • BC retains the title, and quickly scoots out, wearing a grin on his face. Taka recovers and looks disappointed.
  • Rhodes and Scaggs look for Vince(Rating:79)
    • JR informs us that there's an altercation backstage.
    • We cut backstage, where security is holding Rhodes and Scaggs at bay from entering the "Production Booth"
    • Rhodes shouts for Vince to come out. Scaggs breaks free, but is tackled to the ground by security.
    • One of the road crew walks up to Rhodes and says that Vince isn't here.
    • Rhodes says that's bullshit, and that he knows Vince is hiding from him and Scaggs.
    • Security soon shore the two of them up and both are escorted from the building.
  • Battle Royal: Ahmed Johnson def. Kurrgan to win The Kurrgan Open(M:54 C:50 O:52)
    • We cue back to the ring, where the Fink announces that it is time for the KURRRRRRGAN OPEN!
    • There will be 9 contestants, each one will enter the ring when the other is eliminated.
    • The match ends when Kurrgan has been pinned/made to submit/thrown over the top rope... or if Kurrgan eliminates all 9 contestants
    • Kurrgan is out, with James Cornette. Yay.
    • Cornette sits in the booth with JR and Jerry. He talks about noone being able to stop Kurrgan.
    • First up is... 8-Ball! He gets a boot to the face and is thrown out.
    • Skull is next, and he gets the same treatment.
    • Here comes Bob Holly. Kurrgan bodypresses him outside.
    • Bart Gunn marches in... and he gets the CLAW and passes out.
    • Chainz is next, and he actually manages to fight. but is soon clotheslined out by Kurrgan.
    • Henry O. Godwinn... is chokeslammed out.
    • Phinneous I. Godwinn... is mauled, booted, clotheslined and then CLAWED to submission.
    • Tom Brandi is in... and he doesn't even last 10 seconds before being tossed out.
    • Cornette is having the time of his life.
    • There is a delay before the 9th competitor walks in.
    • AHMED'S MUSIC STARTS PLAYING. AND HERE'S AHMED JOHNSON!!! JR says that Ahmed's been injured for a long time... this is his first time back in a WWF ring since November.
    • Ahmed walks up to Kurrgan and he's face to face with the behemoth.
    • Kurrgan reigns in punches! Big boot! Ahmed is down!
    • Kurrgan with the CLAW!!! BUT AHMED MANAGED TO WRENCH KURRGAN'S FINGERS APART!
    • Ahmed goes for it! punch! punch! punch! Kurrgan is reeling... and Ahmed CLOTHESLINES Kurrgan out!!!
    • Jim Cornette is going ballistic and he goes to his fallen client. He restrains Kurrgan from entering the ring .
    • Ahmed is celebrating, JR says that he has done the impossible.
  • Tradition walks(Rating:87)
    • We cut backstage, LOD, JJ and Kane are all getting ready. OH YEAH!
  • WWF Intercontinental Championship: Ken Shamrock def. Rocky Maivia(M:89 C:81 O:85)
    • JR says that it's TAHM, IT'S TAHM FO' THA' INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH!
    • Shamrock is out and he gets a big ovation from the crowd.
    • Rocky walks out, with the IC Title AND hawaiian shirt. Booyah.
    • D'Lo follows from behind. He's got a sour look on his face, but it seems like everything's alright with Rocky.
    • Face-off between Rocky and Ken to start.
    • Rocky breaks the face-off... and here we go.
    • Good match. Rocky sold like a ten-cent whore... simply gold. Shamrock was a machine for most of the match.
    • D'Lo distracted Shamrock several times, allowing Rocky to recuperate and take the advantage.
    • Shamrock throws Rocky into the ropes, but Rocky reverses... and Shamrock nails the referee!
    • Rocky sees the situation and calls for D'Lo to grab a CHAIR! D'Lo goes.
    • Rocky throws Shamrock to the ropes, to an awaiting Brown... but Shamrock reverses! AND D'LO HITS ROCKY WITH THE CHAIR!
    • JR is questioning wether that was an accident on the part of D'Lo. Brown throws the chair down and runs into the ring attacking Ken.
    • Shamrock grabs him and hits a side-belly-to-belly! D'Lo rolls out.
    • Shamrock goes into TERMINATOR MODE! He LOCKS IN THE ANKLE-LOCK! Rocky is screaming in pain, he's QUITTING! But the referee is OUT!
    • Shamrock cinches the move in, and Rocky passes out! The ref wakes up, sees the situation and has the bell rung!
    • SHAMROCK WINS THE IC TITLE! He's celebrating! The crowd POPS wildly!
    • D'Lo helps Rocky up, and Rocky looks like he doesn't want D'Lo's help.
    • JR says that there is FRICTION! Doh.
  • DX is in the house(Rating:86)
    • DX is backstage, warming up... and JR says that the ELIMINATION MATCH IS UP.... NEEEXXXT!
  • Elimination Match: Jeff Jarrett, Kane, Legion of Doom def. Shawn Michaels, HHH, New Age Outlaws(M:66 C:83 O:77)
    • "WHHHHHHAT A RRRRRUSH!" LOD are out first, they get a big pop from the crowd.
    • JJ is out next, booyah. He's getting a bigger pop than LOD, which is GOOD.
    • And next is KAAAAAAAAANE. Bearer leads him down the aisle, and the crowd goes nuts. Yay. The faces stay in the ring, and wait for the heels.
    • "Are you ready?" HHH, Chyna and the New Age Outlaws walk out. Boos from the crowd.
    • "OH, OH, SHAWN!" And HBK is out, he gets a sizeable heel reaction. DX stay outside the ring, as Kane and JJ wait behind LOD, who are rearing to go.
    • Animal and Billy Gunn start off. And the match is... UNDERWAY!
    • After several tags in and out, HBK and Kane are yet to be tagged in.
    • Several minutes pass by before Chyna actually manages to make a difference. Road Dogg distracts the ref and Chyna lowbload Animal. Dogg covers for the three count. Animal is sent to the back.
    • Chyna is constantly distracting Kane and Bearer, leaving them unable to tag in.
    • Hawk vs. HHH, and it's a BRAWL. Many double-team maneuvers leave Hawk at the mercy of DX. But Hawk fights back and he makes the hot-tag to JJ.
    • JJ and Shawn gets the first really big pop from the crowd. They brawl and put on a show. They knock each other out with a double-clothesline, Michaels hot-tags to HHH while JJ tags Hawk.
    • Chyna quickly distracts Kane... and Kane runs after her! JJ is recovering outside... HHH distracts the ref. And the NAO manage to double-team Hawk.
    • The NAO do their own version of the Doomsday Device and cover to eliminate Hawk. Hawk is sent to the back.
    • It's now 4 on 2, with JJ rolling back into the ring. Things are not looking good.
    • JJ vs. Gunn... and we get a TON of double and triple-teaming. JJ is worse for wear.
    • HHH tells Gunn that he wants in, and Gunn tags him. JJ is weakened right now.
    • HHH beats on JJ a bit, and finally goes for the Pedigree... but JJ reverses into a double-leg take-down... SHARPSHOOTER! THE CROWD POPS LIKE CRAZY!
    • And HHH quits!!! JJ collapses on the mat! JJ is trying to tag Kane. The ref asks HHH to leave.
    • Road Dogg steps in and he pulls JJ away from the big red monster. JJ is on his feet... and he FIGHTS BACK!
    • Road Dogg is sent reeling, JJ is inches away from Kane... but HHH jumps back into the ring with a steel chair! WHAM! He plants the chair over JJ's back! HHH spits at JJ and heads backstage.
    • Dogg tags to Gunn who pulls JJ to the middle of the ring and covers for the three. JJ is escorted by medics to the back. It's now 3 on 1 against Kane!
    • Kane enters the ring for the FIRST time. Gunn doesn't know what to do.
    • Kane just decimates Gunn. Chyna distracts Kane by grabbing Bearer! Kane jumps out to save his manager.
    • Before Kane makes it to Chyna, Gunn jumps Kane from behind.
    • Back in the ring... and The New Age Outlaws take their turns on Kane.
    • But Kane fights back!!! He grabs Gunn, and throws him over the top rope! CHOKESLAM to Road Dogg! Three count! Road Dogg is sent to the back!
    • Gunn rolls back in... TOMBSTONE! Three count! Gunn is gone, and we are now down to HBK and Kane, and the crowd is roaring!
    • HBK warily steps through the ropes. And he JUMPS Kane! But Kane is unfazed and he tosses HBK around like a RAGDOLL.
    • Chyna jumps on the apron to try and distract Kane... but Bearer has had enough, and he pulls Chyna down! SMASH! Bearer nails Chyna with the Urn! Crowd POPS!
    • Kane has Michaels in the chokeslam position, but Michaels hits a LOWBLOW! Kane releases the hold! The ref calls for the bell! Michaels just threw the match! Michaels jumps out, and shoves Bearer! He grabs a chair!
    • Kane is barely up... and Michaels NAILS Kane on the head with the steel chair! Kane is still up! AND ANOTHER SHOT TAKES KANE DOWN!
    • Michaels spits at the crowd, and does a crotch-chop. KANE SITS UP! MICHAELS CAN'T BELIEVE IT! HBK jumps out, in fear for his life... and the crowd POPS!
    • Kane makes the "slit throat" move, and does his pyro thing. JR is going nuts. KANE LIVES! KANE LIVES! KANE LIVES!
    • We get a final shot of Michaels walking backwards, nearly tripping overhimself in terror.
    • The show ends with JR thanking us for watching and for everyone to tune in to RAW!

A fairly decent placeholder PPV that has set things up nicely for Wrestlemania. It's too bad you got such an awful match rating out of the Bushwhackers but that shows the lack of value they bring to the tag division. I am interested to see where the Quebecers go from here. Especially since the World Tag Team champions are also heels. Cool to see that I totally predicted the Kurrgan invitational though it really was your only option. Ahmed v. Kurrgan should make for a a nice big man match at Wrestlemania even if I'm sure the MQ will be rotten. I was surprised to see Shamrock win the IC title. I really wanted Rocky to have a much longer title reign like he did in the real WWF. It should move the NOD dissension story along at a quicker pace and set up some kind of match for 'Mania. I do like how the main event went down. Jarrett's feud seems to have shifted over to Hunter now which is good. Kane was made to look like a monster by having to eliminate 3 guys in order to win. It was great seeing Kane survive the chairshot by Michaels. Definitely looking forward to the build for Michaels v. Kane. It should be a great road to Wrestlemania and you have some nice stories already in place. Though I have a feeling the main event effectively ended the NAO & LOD feud and it's time for NAO to get some new challengers.

I thought the card was great for the talent you have, but I was a little disappointed with the final outcome of the match. Jarrett was made to look great, and it will certainly help his cause in the future, and Kane looked awesome, but the "low blow" DQ against Michaels was a little soft. The DQ finish against Michaels was fine, but it could have been more effective if it was because of chair shots, or even a 3 on 1 assault to prevent Kane from obtaining the pin (eg: HHH and Chyna hit the ring-HHH never having returned to the back). I don't mind DQ endings in major matches if they are done right. A low blow in the attitude era rarely, if ever, earned a DQ. But apart from that, I love the build up of characters and can't wait to see how you continue to survive your losses.

I enjoyed IYH. I liked seeing Shamrock get the IC title. He could have some good heel challengers in my opinion. I'll agree with Iceman Dave and say I didn't like the DQ ending. I mean, A low blow didn't really seem like anything. A chair shot or something would have been better. But I'll give you credit for making Kane look like a real monster. Glad to see Ahmed back. His match with Kurrgan should suck, But it'll be Vince's wetdream. (he wanted to use Ahmed to put Kurrgan over, that's why Johnson left) The road to Wrestlemania should be good. (Y)

I'm really enjoying this diary thus far. It's well written: the shows are quick and easy to read, and they're probably quick and easy to write, too. It's well booked: now that the undercard wrestlers are factoring it should be more interesting. The Rhodes/Scaggs stuff is really interesting, and I thoroughly enjoyed the DX/JJ stuff.

IYH was a good PPV, it achieved the goal of setting up for Wrestlemania very well. Kane and HBK is starting to seem like a credible Wrestlemania main event. The tag match at the end was great to read, even if I wasn't a big fan of the screwy DQ finish. The Johnson/Kurrgan stuff should be interesting to read aswell. And I absolutely love what you're doing with the Brian Christopher character, and the Light Heavyweight division as a whole.

You have another reader.