World of Warcraft

Your Mom

Geez, Blizzard really screwed up yesterday. First, when normal maintenance is over everyone logs on to find out that all in-game mail is gone, and the game was down until like 9 or 10pm CST last night while they tried to fix it. When it came back up everyone had an in-game mail from Blizz Support asking players not to phone support or put in a GM ticket because they're working to reimburse everyone. Then, after the servers are back up, people notice that some Season 4 gear is missing rating requirements, some season 2 gear has no cost, one of the season 4 axes has no cost at all, etc.

Blizzard acknowledges this problem, asks people not to buy the bugged PVP gear, and now the game's down for 3 hours this morning while they fix the PVP gear bug. Certainly not what Blizzard or the players were hoping for in the day(s) leading up to WOTLK. Ouch.

Yeah, it is loony. I went into Champions' Hall last night just to see what was going on, and there were so many people around the vendors I had to use a top down view to even target the vendors. Didn't bother grabbing any of the items because I figured Blizzard would just do a roll back anyway, so what was the point?

Anyone picking up their game tonight at a midnight release? I thought about it....but I realized how uber nerdy it was :blush:

I was going to, but the guy I intended to hitch a ride with isn't returning my calls for whatever reason sooo. I'll probably wind up downloading it off the official website, and failing that, try to run out and get it tomorrow.

Anyone picking up their game tonight at a midnight release? I thought about it....but I realized how uber nerdy it was :blush:

I was going to, but the guy I intended to hitch a ride with isn't returning my calls for whatever reason sooo. I'll probably wind up downloading it off the official website, and failing that, try to run out and get it tomorrow.

I've come to the conclusion that if I'm still awake around 11:45 or so, I'll probably go pick it up. Considering the fact that I'm drinking a red bull at the moment, I'll probably be making the hike...

One of my roommates left like an hour ago to camp out for the midnight release at the local mall.... :blush:

So far all I've done is play a Death Knight - got him up to 58, finished their quest chain - and parked my paladin in Howling Fjord. Northrend, ho! :angry:

What's the highest lvl Death Knight you've seen on your server so far? There were a couple 68s listed on the /who Death Knight screen last night.

Hopefully I will be getting the expansion this Sunday or Monday, but I don't know if my video card can handle it, and I can't afford to upgrade it at the moment.

I have a 4 year old PC with integrated gfx and it's handling it fine.

The highest level DK I've seen so far is 66. The highest level non-DKs I've seen are 75.

I have a 4 year old PC with integrated gfx and it's handling it fine.

The highest level DK I've seen so far is 66. The highest level non-DKs I've seen are 75.

Good to hear it, regarding the graphics. I may be fine, then.

I actually saw a 78 last night, but don't remember what class they were. Real life class was obviously Have No Lifer!

Yeah, I haven't seen any that high. Just a level 75 priest so far. Some guy on the EU servers already hit 80, though.

Haven't even got this yet - ordered off Amazon and waiting for the rush to calm down a bit.

The missus had to wait twenty minutes to log in the other night, though, so I'm hoping that's died down a bit by the time I install and head off to Northrend.

Any auction houses in the new place yet, by the way? One thing that bugged the hell out of me about TBC...

What's the highest lvl Death Knight you've seen on your server so far? There were a couple 68s listed on the /who Death Knight screen last night.

Hopefully I will be getting the expansion this Sunday or Monday, but I don't know if my video card can handle it, and I can't afford to upgrade it at the moment.

A buddy and I killed a level 72 Death Knight last night while questing. I think there's two people on my server that are already 80, and several that are 79 at the moment.

I'm only 72 :mellow:

Yeah, I'm only 65% of the way towards 71. There's a bunch of 77-79s on my server, and already we've got an 80 or two floating about.

Also, did you guys see that SK-Gaming and Nihilum merged (sort of) to become TwentyFifthNovember, and TFN has already downed Naxx AND the heroic 25-Man Naxx?! And Malygos. WTF, seriously.

Edited by CAPSLOCK CLOUDY

Well, I seem to be a bringer of bad tidings at the moment - my 360 went bust on Saturday, Amazon are saying my debit card won't process and Blizzard won't process either of my credit cards to pay for my subscription.

Anyone else having trouble paying for their WoW time in the UK? I tried calling their customer support line, but they're so swamped they're not even taking new people in the queue, apparently.

We had our Realm First 450... Engineer, I think, last night (Hellfire, EU). Just went down to Stormwind harbor for the first time and there were a bunch of high 70s coming off the boat, and I know there's a couple of 80s moping around the server too.

Edited by James Casey

My guild already has a few DKs in the early 70s. Highest lvl in the guild is a 76, but I forget what class. There are plenty of 72-74s, though.

I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like to since I got WoTLK this past Sunday, and when I have been I've been on my DK more than my Hunter. My DK (Draenei, Unholy) is 60 already, and my main (NE Hunter, mostly Marksmanship) is only a little past the halfway mark toward 71.

Got a Mage in my guild to open a portal to Dalaran for my Hunter early this morning and I bought the bear mount (wanted a mammoth mount, but you need 200 Badges of Heroism for one, 20k gold for the other) and the skull pet, did some fishing (sadly, didn't get the sewer rat pet, but its supposed to be as hard to catch as Mr. Pinchy, so I'm not surprised, but I did catch about 4-5 coins from the Eventide fountain), and did the Dalaran cooking daily quest.

Despite refusing my card less than an hour before, my automated subscription went through just fine while I was trying to get through to Barclaycard. Some days just don't work properly...

Anway, I haven't been to Dalaran yet. I think before I make a concerted effort on Northrend I need to get my skinning and fishing up to a reasonable standard Skinning should be fine - only need to kill another thirty or so things to get there. Fishing... Anyone care to speculate how long it'll take me to get from 80 fishing up to Northrend standard? :blush:

Still, it's oddly satisfying to have my XP bar - even if I do aim on cracking 80 before Christmas...

Despite refusing my card less than an hour before, my automated subscription went through just fine while I was trying to get through to Barclaycard. Some days just don't work properly...

Anway, I haven't been to Dalaran yet. I think before I make a concerted effort on Northrend I need to get my skinning and fishing up to a reasonable standard Skinning should be fine - only need to kill another thirty or so things to get there. Fishing... Anyone care to speculate how long it'll take me to get from 80 fishing up to Northrend standard? :blush:

Still, it's oddly satisfying to have my XP bar - even if I do aim on cracking 80 before Christmas...

Its going to take you quite a while. You need a minimum fishing skill of 380 to even be able to fish in Northrend, but a skill of 475 to stop fish from getting away. (Of course, that's with modifiers like fishing rods with bonuses and lures)

You can get fishing skill-ups anywhere you can actually fish, so you could even do it in a starting city (provided there's a place to fish in it), but I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to catch crap.

This website is DAMN handy (ie, you should bookmark it!):

http://www.elsanglin.com/

And check this section out if you need to train up your fishing:

http://www.elsanglin.com/training.html