WWE: The New Direction

JairusCain

Who: World Wrestling Entertainment

What: Press Conference - RAW Brand

Where: Columbus, Ohio

When: Monday May 1, 2006 - Early Afternoon

Why: Stephanie McMahon’s Leave - New Head of Creative

WWE Public Image: Global 60%

We’re introduced to the sight of a podium set up, not on a stage, but on the floor. There are chairs on each side of the podium, facing the crowd, and then chairs facing the podium, where the crowd is seated. The crowd consists of World Wrestling Entertainment stars and crew members. The seats next to the podium are soon occupied by Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Linda McMahon, and Stephanie McMahon on one side, and then Triple H, Jim Ross, Dave Lagana, and another man we don’t know. Vince McMahon approaches the podium.

Vince McMahon: Ladies and gentlemen, we required this meeting here today, because we have a very important announcement that you all needed to hear. I’m not going to waste any time by standing up here and talking, so let me bring my lovely daughter, Stephanie, up here to talk to all of you.

Stephanie McMahon approaches the podium and hugs her father. Vince takes his seat and Stephanie prepares to speak.

Stephanie McMahon: As you all know, Paul and myself are expecting our first baby in a matter of months. I said recently that I was planning on bringing the baby on the road with me so that I wouldn’t miss any time at work. However, Paul and I have talked about it, and we’ve come to the conclusion that staying at home would be better for the baby and myself. We haven’t decided yet how long I will be gone after the baby is born, but it will most likely be quite a while. Because of my leave, the Head of Creative position will be left open. That is the purpose of today’s meeting. We would like to introduce all of you to the new Head of Creative. The person that will be taking over my duties as lead writer while I am gone. So, at this time, I’d like to ask Jason Randall to the podium.

The previously unknown man now stands up and makes his way to the podium. He shakes hands with Stephanie before she heads back to her seat.

Jason Randall: Hello, everyone. Ms. McMahon already introduced me, but I would like to introduce myself anyway. My name is Jason Randall, and I have been given the honor of taking over the lead writing duties here in World Wrestling Entertainment. I received a phone call the other day from Ms. McMahon herself. She informed me that she was taking maternity leave and they needed to fill her place while she was away. She told me that she had been referred to me by another writer, who now writes for one of the developmental territories. I couldn’t believe my ears, to be honest. I go from working an average everyday job, to getting a phone call to write for the biggest wrestling company in the world. Needless to say, I agreed to the job. They flew me in and filled me in on a few details and that brings us to today.

I would like to cover a few things during this meeting today. These things will range from a few superstars that will no longer be working for the WWE after today - to the future outlook of WWE programming. I’m going to start the meeting by discussing the RAW brand. Following this discussion, we’re all going to take a ten minute break, and then return for the Smackdown brand discussion. So, with that said, let’s get things started, shall we?

The first thing I want to talk about, is the small list of RAW superstars that will no longer be with us starting immediately. The list is as follows: Matt Striker, Momma Benjamin, and Candice Michelle. I would personally like to wish you three the best of luck in the future, but you’re services are no longer needed in World Wrestling Entertainment. The reason for these cuts is a mix between budget cuts, and a lack of creative ideas for each of you.

On a better note, one of the first things I would like to do now that I am the Head of Creative here in WWE, is rebuild the tag team division on both brands. In an effort to do so, here on RAW the tag team of Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch will be put back together. We will also having what I am now calling “The V Spot” consisting of Val Venis and Viscera. Last but not least, we have our current World Tag Team Champions, The Spirit Squad. There will also be couple more tag teams brought into the company in the next couple of months. The tag team division has pretty much been a lost cause for the last five years, and I am setting out to bring back tag team wrestling in this company. The fans want it. The fans will get it.

My second issue, is the Women’s Championship. This was actually a hard topic for me to approach. See, I am a fan of women’s wrestling… when’s it’s done by women wrestlers. I am not, however, a fan of women’s wrestling when it’s done by untrained women who have no idea what they’re supposed to be doing. Now, due to not having the budget to bring in actual wrestlers, I am afraid I am going to have to do away with the Women’s Championship. A roster consisting of Trish Stratus, Mickie James, Victoria, and the occasional Lita, just is not enough to make the division interesting. You women will NOT be getting released because of this, there is still plenty of room for you within the company, and you will still get the chance to wrestle, there just will not be a championship anymore.

Now onto the Intercontinental Championship. This belt has not been nearly as prestigious as it’s supposed to be in the last few years. It’s time to bring that importance back to this championship. And, right now, I think the championship is on someone who is fully capable of helping in bringing back that prestige. That person being Shelton Benjamin. I plan to make this championship as important as it once was. No longer will the division be used for filler matches. Shelton Benjamin, how about we take that championship back to the days of the late 80’s and early 90’s? Back when it meant something.

As we here, and the rest of the world saw at Backlash, Edge pinned Triple H in the Triple Threat Match to win his second WWE Championship. That isn’t the route that I would have went with this, but it actually opens up a few new options for me to go with, which I plan to do. These options, will be going into full effect in the next week or two here on RAW.

Let us take a quick look at the details of RAW.

ROSTER

MAIN EVENT

John Cena

Triple H

Shawn Michaels

Rob Van Dam

Edge (WWE Champion)

UPPER CARD

Big Show

Kane

Carlito

Chris Masters

Shelton Benjamin (Intercontinental Champion)

MID CARD

Chavo Guerrero

Eugene

Goldust

Danny Basham

Rene Dupree

Rob Conway

Snitsky

LOWER CARD

Johnny Parisi

MANAGERS

Lita

Ric Flair

TAG TEAMS

Cade and Murdoch (Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch)

The V Spot (Val Venis and Viscera)

Spirit Squad (Any Two Members of The Spirit Squad) [World Tag Team Champions]

STABLES

The Spirit Squad (Kenny, Mikey, Mitch, Nicky, Johnny)

Well, I guess it is time for that break. So, everyone go ahead and take a ten minute break, and when we come back, I will discuss what’s going on and what is going to happen with Smackdown.

Edited by JairusCain

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who: World Wrestling Entertainment

What: Press Conference - Smackdown Brand

Where: Columbus, Ohio

When: Monday May 1, 2006 - Early Afternoon

Why: Stephanie McMahon’s Leave - New Head of Creative

WWE Public Image: Global 60%

The WWE superstars file back into the conference room as the meeting is about to continue.

Jason Randall: Okay everybody, welcome back. It’s time for us to talk about the Smackdown brand. I suppose I will start this half of the meeting off the same way I did with the last half. That being by announcing the names of those who will no longer be working with us as of tonight. So, to the following of you, I am sorry, but we have nothing for you. The Boogeyman, Vito, Road Warrior Animal, Tatanka, and Mark Henry. I myself, as well as WWE, wish you the best of luck in the future.

This half of the meeting is pretty much going to follow the same format as the last half. I am going to discuss certain areas of the Smackdown programming, and what I plan to do with those areas. The things discussed now, will be in basically the same order as they were discussed earlier. So with that, I am going to start by discussing the tag team division on Smackdown. We have a rather healthy division on this side. MNM, The Mexicools, London and Kendrick, Noble and Kash, Gymini, and of course, our WWE Tag Team Champions, MNM. Things have been looking up lately for the tag division here, so let’s keep things that way. Let’s keep improving the division and once again giving the fans a reason to care about WWE’s tag teams.

The Cruiserweight Championship needs some more attention as well. But much like the tag team situation, the cruiserweight division has been getting at least a little more exposure lately, ever since Helms was traded to Smackdown. Now, from what I understand, Helms will be returning from his broken nose in about two weeks. So, when he comes back, I am going to push this division hard. The fans want to see these guys get some more TV time, so let’s give it to them.

The United States Championship has been getting some meaning back behind it lately. The feud between Booker T and Chris Benoit. The feud between Chris Benoit and our current United States Champion, JBL. This championship is a lot like the Intercontinental Championship, in the sense that it used to mean a lot more than it does now. So, I am going to do my best, to give this championship some of its old meaning back, just like I am going to do with the Intercontinental Championship.

As far as the World Heavyweight Championship is concerned, Rey Mysterio has been doing a fantastic job as our champion. The triple threat match at WrestleMania was phenomenal, and everything Rey has done since has been just as great. I assure you all that you can expect some very interesting things to come in Smackdown’s main event scene. It’s going to be great.

Let us take a quick look at the details of Smackdown.

ROSTER

MAIN EVENT

Batista

Kurt Angle

The Undertaker

Rey Mysterio (World Heavyweight Champion)

UPPER CARD

Chris Benoit

Randy Orton

Booker T

JBL (United States Champion)

MID CARD

Funaki

Hardcore Holly

Lashley

Matt Hardy

Nunzio

Finlay

Mr. Kennedy

Orlando Jordan

Sylvan

William Regal

Gregory Helms (Cruiserweight Champion)

LOWER CARD

Steven Richards

Burchill

MANAGERS

Melina

Jillian

Sharmell

TAG TEAMS

London and Kendrick (Paul London and Brian Kendrick)

The Gymini

The Mexicools (Psicosis and Super Crazy)

Noble and Kash (Jamie Noble and Kid Kash)

MNM (Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro) [WWE Tag Team Champions]

STABLES

MNM (Joey Mercury, Johnny Nitro, Melina)

Gymini (Simon Dean, Gymini)

That pretty much covers everything. So, with that, I want to thank all of you for attending, and let’s have a hell of a show tonight with RAW!

The superstars all file out of the room as Jason Randall shakes hands with a lot of them, as well as with the group that was sitting behind the podium with him. Randall and the others soon exit the room as well. It's time to get ready for tonight's live presentation of Monday Night RAW from Columbus, Ohio!

Credit WWE.com

Backlash Fallout

May 1, 2006

Last night at Backlash, Edge capitalized on a Pedigree knocking out The Champ, John Cena, by Spearing HHH and picking up the win and the WWE Championship. What will John Cena have to say about losing the title without losing the match? And, what does Triple H have in mind for the man that stole his victory?

Twenty-four hours ago, Shelton Benjamin put his Intercontinental Championship on the line against Rob Van Dam. When Shelton’s plan to use a chair on RVD backfired and got him a Van Daminator, the referee disqualified Van Dam - enabling Benjamin to retain his title. Rob Van Dam has challenged Shelton Benjamin to an EXTREME rematch on RAW. Will Shelton Benjamin accept the challenge?

Shawn Michaels once again got the better of the McMahon’s last night, by pinning Mr. McMahon after a Sweet Chin Music. It was very apparent after the match that Mr. McMahon was far from pleased. Mr. McMahon has announced that he will have a few words for Shawn Michaels on RAW. Is Shawn Michaels’ career in danger?

All this and much more on Monday Night RAW (9/8 CT; USA Network).

IPB Image

Monday May 1, 2006

Live! From Columbus, Ohio

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: RAW on USA

Video highlights from last night at Backlash air on the television screen, letting all the fans at home who didn’t see the PPV know what all happened. The cameras cut to inside the arena as the pyro goes off to kick off the show. Jerry Lawler, Coach, and Joey Styles welcome the television audience to the show as the Spirit Squad’s theme song plays over the speakers. The five members of The Spirit Squad make their way down to the ring as the graphic flashes on the screen signifying that the following match is for the World Tag Team Championships. The Spirit Squad debate inside the ring which two members are going to defend the titles, and it comes down to Kenny and Mikey, the two that originally won the belts. “Helloooo, ladies!” pops onto the speakers to nearly no reaction as Val Venis and Viscera make their way down to the ring as the challengers.

World Tag Team Championships

The V Spot vs. Spirit Squad©

Viscera uses his size as an advantage through the match, allowing him and Val Venis to have control through the majority of the match. However, once the other members of the Spirit Squad start to make their presence known, things quickly turn around. Mikey ends up pinning Val with the help of his group, retaining the titles for the Spirit Squad.

Winners: And STILL World Tag Team Champions, The Spirit Squad

Overall Rating: 60%

Viscera comes into the ring to check on Val Venis while the Spirit Squad celebrate on the outside. As they are making their way up the ramp, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch run out from the back and attack the Spirit Squad. Once all of the Spirit Squad members are down, Cade and Murdoch make their way to the ring where they proceed to double team Viscera. They roll Viscera out of the ring and the attack Val Venis, as well. It looks as though Cade and Murdoch are out to take over the tag team division once again!

Overall Rating: 58%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Edge’s music comes on over the speakers and he makes his way out onto the stage with Lita. Edge proudly wears the WWE Championship around his waist. They make their way down to the ring as Lita rubs the belt and occasionally spins the WWE logo on it. They climb into the ring and Edge is handed a microphone. His music fades out.

Edge: Transitional champion? They tried to say that I was a transitional champion. I guess all of you can eat your words now, huh?! That’s because the Rated R Superstar is ONCE AGAIN WWE Champion! And this time… the belt is staying around my waist! Ya know what? I’m feelin’ pretty damn confident. So John Cena… how about you come out here, and TRY to take this belt from me? Come on!

Edge takes the belt off and lays it on the mat as he waits for John Cena’s music to hit the speakers. However, the music never comes on. Edge laughs as he picks the belt back up and puts it over his shoulder.

Edge: That’s what I thou…

Edge is cut off by Triple H’s music!

Overall Rating: 81%

Triple H comes out onto the stage with a no-nonsense look on his face. He makes his way down to the ring with a bottle of water in one hand, and a microphone in the other. Triple H climbs the steps and gets into the ring, approaching Edge. Scared, Edge pulls Lita in front of him as a shield. Triple H laughs.

Triple H: Haha. Come on now, Edge. Do you really need to put a woman - and I use that term… loose…ly - between us? I’m not out here to attack you. We all know how much pain you’re in from everything Lita has given you. No. The reason I’m out here, is to let you know that I want that belt that should be mine in the first place. Edge, I had Cena…

The crowd erupts into boos for John Cena.

Triple H:… I had Cena beat last night. But you - you had to steal my victory. That doesn’t sit well with me. I am a TEN TIME World Champion. I didn’t get that, by stealing victories! I’m a ten time World Champion, because I earned every single one of those titles! Both times you’ve won the belt, you’ve stolen your victories. Edge, I know you’ve got a non-title match later tonight against Cena. And you know what? I’m going to steal YOUR win.

Edge: And what’s that supposed to mean?

Triple H: It means… that I’m taking your place later tonight, because you’re not gonna be able to compete.

Edge looks at Triple H for a second, confused. Triple H lunges toward Edge but stops. Edge, not realizing that he stopped, tosses Lita toward Hunter and hurries out of the ring. Edge hops the barricade and heads for the back through the crowd in a hurry. Triple H looks at Lita and smirks.

Triple H: I already said I wasn’t out here to attack him. He should’ve known I was joking. Damn Canadians.

Lita nervously smiles and starts to back away from Triple H. Triple H surveys the crowd with a smile and then PEDIGREE! PEDIGREE TO LITA! The crowd erupts into cheers. Triple H’s music hits the speakers and he exits the ring. Triple H plays to the crowd as he makes his way toward the back.

Overall Rating: 97%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Rob Conway vs. Chavo Guerrero

A rather simple match. Chavo has since returned from “quitting” after talking to JR in the weeks before Backlash. He has been on a bit of a winning streak since making his return. Rob Conway gets in a few cheap shots and has control of the match for a little bit. Rob Conway goes to send Chavo into the ropes but Chavo reverses and then catches Conway with a drop kick as he comes back. Chavo does Eddie’s dance and then pulls Conway up, delivering the Three Amigos. Chavo goes to the top rope and points to the sky. Frog Splash! Chavo goes for the pin. 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

Overall Rating: 66%

The cameras cut to the back to show Shelton Benjamin standing next to Maria.

Maria: Shelton Benjamin, Mr. Money In The Back, Rob Van Dam challenged you to a Backlash rematch, right here tonight. Everyone wants to know… what’s your middle name?

Shelton is about to speak when he stops, realizing what Maria just asked. Shelton looks confused as he takes his sunglasses off.

Shelton: What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Maria: What does what have to do with what? Wait… what?

Shelton doesn’t even know what to say. So instead, he takes the microphone away from Maria and takes a few steps away from her.

Shelton: Rob Van Dam. You want a rematch tonight, you got one. You couldn’t beat me last night, and you won’t beat me tonight. I’m the Intercontinental Champion and I intend to STAY the Intercontinental Champion.

Shelton hands the microphone back to Maria and walks away.

Maria: Hey! Wait! You never answered the question!

Overall Rating: 79%

Back in the arena, Mr. McMahon’s music plays over the speakers as he makes his way toward the ring with Shane McMahon at his side. They both look like they mean business. The McMahons get into the ring and Vince is handed a microphone as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from commercials and Mr. McMahon’s music is still playing over the speakers. Finally, his music fades out and Vince is ready to speak.

Vince: Last night at Backlash, it was myself, and my son Shane, against Shawn Michaels… and God. It was very apparent throughout the match that Shane and myself had everything under control. That is, until Shawn Michaels used the ring post to take out Shane, and then gave me the Sweet Chin Music to win the match. The fact of the matter is, however, that Shawn Michaels CHEATED last night! Shawn Michaels, shouldn’t even have won the match! In fact, roll the damn footage! Roll the footage from the match last night, dammit!

The footage from the last few moments of the match at Backlash play on the TitanTron. It is very clear that Shane is unconscious on the floor, leaving HBK and Vince in the ring… ALONE. Shawn nails Vince with the Sweet Chin Music and pins him clean, 1, 2, 3. Simple as that.

Vince: See! It’s very, very clear that Shawn Michaels cheated! Shawn Michaels was NOT the legal man when he pinned me! God was! When Shawn was next to his corner, God made the blind tag! You can see it in that damn video! Shawn was not the legal man! So you know what? Since Shawn Michaels cheated last night, I’ve gone ahead, and signed a match for tonight. Shawn, you’re going to face ME. You’re going to face me, in a Last Man Standing Match!

Vince takes off his jacket and his dress shirt to reveal a wrestling singlet and taped up wrists. He’s already ready to go. Shawn Michael‘s music comes over the speakers and he makes his way out onto the stage in disbelief.

Overall Rating: 84%

Last Man Standing Match

Vince McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels

After the bell rings to start the match, Shane hops into the ring and a double team on HBK commences. Vince and Shane beat on HBK relentlessly as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show comes back from the break, Shane McMahon lies motionless on the outside, having been given an elbow drop through the announce table. Inside the ring, HBK is taking to an already busted open Vince McMahon. Shawn backs up to the corner and starts to “tune up the band.” As Vince starts to get to his feet CHRIS JERICHO hops the barricade and jumps into the ring, going right after Shawn Michaels! Jericho puts a beating on HBK and then puts him into the Walls Of Jericho! Vince makes it to his feet and sees that HBK is being taken care of, and starts talking trash to him. After a few moments, Jericho lets go of the hold and then lifts HBK up. Vince talks some more trash and then delivers a Stunner to Shawn Michaels! Vince demands that the referee start the count, and count fast! The referee starts the count. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10! Chris Jericho raises Vince’s hand in victory as Shane McMahon slowly makes his way back into the ring. The three men raise their arms together and then leave the ring together. What the hell is Chris Jericho doing back on RAW? Not to mention siding with the McMahons!?

Winner: Vince McMahon

Overall Rating: 86%

The cameras cut to the back to show Rob Van Dam heading down a hallway with his briefcase. He’s heading to the stage for his match.

Intercontinental Championship

Rob Van Dam vs. Shelton Benjamin

Rob Van Dam dominates the match right from the beginning. Shelton Benjamin only gets in a few shots here and there, but any offense he mounts is short lived. Part way through the match, Chris Masters makes his way down the ramp and walks around outside the ring, watching the match. Rob Van Dam continues the offense. He sends Shelton into the corner and then flips him right back out with a Monkey Toss. RVD comes off the ropes with a cartwheel and then a Standing Moonsault. RVD decides it’s time to take to the top, and he jumps to the top rope for the Five Star Frog Splash. However, Chris Masters quickly hops to the apron and shoves RVD off the ropes! Benjamin hurries to his feet as RVD gets up as well… EXPLODER FROM BENJAMIN! He goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! Chris Masters jumps into the ring and begins to start a beat down on RVD with aide from Shelton Benjamin. Only a few seconds pass before Carlito seemingly flies down to the ring and slides in. He goes right after Chris Masters! His attack on Masters is short lived, however, when Benjamin comes to the aide of Masters. The beating continues for a few moments until RVD gets back to his feet and makes the save. Rob Van Dam and Carlito then proceed to fight off Masters and Benjamin. RVD and Carlito stand in the ring as RVD’s music comes over the speakers. The show fades to commercials.

Winner: And STILL Intercontinental Champion, Shelton Benjamin

Overall Rating: 78%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Non-Title Match

John Cena vs. Edge© w/ Lita

When the show comes back from commercials, Edge and Lita are already standing in the ring as Edge’s music plays. His music fades out. The crowd begins to boo at the anticipation of John Cena coming out. After a few seconds, Cena’s music hits the speakers and he comes running from the back and heads straight to the ring. Lita scurries out of the ring as Edge begins to land in some kicks before Cena can even get to his feet. Cena fights his way to his feet, but Edge already has control. Edge maintains his control throughout the match. There are a few times when Cena seems like he’s going to gain the upper hand, but a little interference from Lita puts that to rest. Lita distracts the referee after tossing the championship belt into the ring for Edge. Edge BLASTS Cena in the face with the belt and then tosses it back over to the apron. Lita lets go of the referee and grabs the belt. As the referee turns around, he sees Edge deliver a Spear to Cena! Edge goes for the pin! 1... 2... NO! JOHN CENA KICKS OUT! Edge cannot believe it! He gets to his feet and pulls Cena up. He kicks Cena in the mid-section and goes for the Edgecution. BUT NO! CENA HAS HIM UP FOR THE FU! HIT NAILS IT! Cena goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: John Cena

Overall Rating: 83%

As John Cena celebrates in the ring, his music is cut off by that of Triple H. Cena looks to the stage as Triple H emerges from behind the curtain, making his way toward the ring. John Cena prepares himself to fight as Triple H climbs the ring steps and gets into the ring. Hunter assures Cena that he has nothing to worry about, he isn’t here to fight. Triple H’s music fades out as the two stand face to face in the ring. The crowd chants back and forth as half of the crowd is chanting “Triple H!” and the other half is chanting “Let’s Go Cena!” Triple H extends his hand to shake. John Cena looks around at the crowd for approval, but the crowd is booing. Not at the idea of Cena accepting the shake, but at the idea of Triple H offering it. After much hesitation, John Cena spits in the face of Triple H. Triple H smirks, and then BLASTS Cena with a right hand to the face! The two begin to exchange punches as the crowd yells “YEAH!” every time Triple H lands a punch and “BOO!” every time John Cena lands one. While they are exchanging punches, Edge slowly gets to his feet. Seeing how that Triple H is in the ring, Edge charges at him with a Spear! Triple H MOVES and the Spear CONNECTS WITH CENA! Edge hops to his feet, noticing he Speared John Cena instead of HHH. Edge shrugs and turns around… PEDIGREE! The crowd cheers as Triple H stands over Edge. Cena gets to his feet and staggers around… KICK TO THE MID-SECTION! Triple H has him set up for the Pedigree… NO! BACK DROP TO HHH! Hunter hurries to his feet and spins around… Cena gets him up for the FU! Cena hesitates as the crowd boos LOUDLY at him. John Cena looks around with a concerned look on his face. The booing continues. Cena drops Triple H from his shoulders and backs away from him. Triple H has a confused look on his face as John Cena surveys the crowd. Cena slowly climbs out of the ring and then backs up the ramp, still surveying the booing crowd. Triple H gets back up to his feet and the boo’s turn to cheers for Hunter. Hunter shrugs and smiles. Edge starts to get back to his feet. Noticing this, Triple H takes a few steps toward him. As soon as Edge is fully vertical, Triple H nails him with another Pedigree! The crowd laughs and cheers some more for Triple H. Hunter smirks and waves at Lita, who is still standing outside the ring. Triple H climbs to the second rope and poses for the crowd as the camera fades.

Overall Show Rating: 78%

Television Rating: 6.89

Attendence: 7,519

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

A Challenge Issued

May 5, 2006

Last week, the returning Mr. Kennedy attacked The Undertaker during his match against Mark Henry. Mr. Kennedy has been out of action for quite a while, and what better way to make a come back than attacking the Dead Man. What kind of actions will The Undertaker take this week in response?

The King of the Ring tournament was set to continue this week with a match between Lashley and Mark Henry. However, with Mark Henry’s recent release, his spot has been filled by Burchill. Will Burchill be able to make the best out of his lucky placement into the tournament, or is Lashley dead set on advancing?

Last Friday, Super Crazy of the Mexicools defeated Joey Mercury in singles competition, earning them a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championships. They will get that chance this Friday as they face off against WWE Tag Team Champions, MNM. Will the Mexicools finally be able to bring home some gold?

Don’t miss all of this and much more this week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN.

IPB Image

Friday May 5, 2006

Live! From Cincinnati, Ohio

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: Smackdown on UPN

Immediately after the show comes on the air, Chris Benoit’s music comes on over the speakers. He makes his way out onto the stage and then heads toward the ring. He has a rematch tonight against Finlay, who he defeated last week in the King of the Ring tournament. Once Benoit is in the ring, Finlay’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring to start the match.

Grudge Match

Finlay vs. Chris Benoit

The match goes back and forth and has a very old school style to it. Benoit tries to use his technical style on Finlay, but Finlay does his best to keep Benoit at bay by simply beating the crap out of him. The match eventually turns into a brawl as opposed to a match. Chris Benoit sends Finlay into the corner and charges after him. Finlay, being a cheat, pulls the referee in the way, causing Benoit to crash into the referee. Benoit stumbles back and Finlay charges at him with a Clothesline but Benoit ducks and gets behind him… GERMAN SUPLEX! Benoit holds onto Finlay. ANOTHER SUPLEX! Benoit still doesn’t let go! A THIRD AND FINAL GERMAN! Benoit gets to his feet and signals that this is the end. He notices a noise behind and spins around… CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! Benoit is OUT! JBL drags Finlay on top of Benoit and then kicks the referee to wake him up. JBL climbs out of the ring and ducks beside the apron. The referee crawls over for the count. 1.….. 2.….. 3!

Winner: Finlay

Overall Rating: 72%

Finlay slowly makes his way out of the ring and then heads to the back. JBL climbs back into the ring and tosses Chris Benoit over the top rope. JBL demands and microphone and is handed one by someone at ringside.

JBL: Haha. It’s okay, Chris. I have no problem with you anymore. The problem is, you and Finlay were out here wasting my value interview time, so I had to do something about it. No hard feelings. I can’t get over my match tonight. I really can’t. General Manager, Teddy Long, has scheduled a Champion versus Champion match as tonight’s main event. Your United States Champion, me… against your undeserving WWE Champion, Rey Mysterio. I honestly think that Teddy Long has long his mind. April Fools was a long time ago, Long. And quite frankly, this match isn’t funny. I want some serious competition! I’m the United States Champion! I’m a wrestling… GOD! And yet you’re giving me someone like that little midget, Rey Mysterio? I’m going to make easy work of him tonight. And after I beat him… I want the shot at the WWE Title that I deserve!

JBL’s music plays over the speakers as he makes his way backstage with a smile.

Overall Rating: 76%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Grudge Match

Matt Hardy vs. Booker T w/ Sharmell

As the show returns from the break, Matt Hardy stands in the ring as his music plays. His music fades out and Booker T’s music comes over the speakers. He makes his way to the ring with Sharmell at his side. Booker T attacks Hardy before the bell even rings, giving him the early unfair advantage. Due to this attack, Booker is able to keep the upper hand for a while. Booker T hits Hardy with a kick to the mid-section. Booker T comes off the ropes for the Scissors Kick but Hardy moves! Booker spins around and Hardy hits him with the Side Effect! Hardy gets to his feet and signals for the end. Booker makes his way to his feet and turns to face Hardy, ending up in the set up for the… TWIST OF FATE! Hardy goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3! Booker T has lost to Matt Hardy again! Matt Hardy salutes the crowd and then heads toward the back while Booker T remains in the ring. Sharmell tries to console him, but its no use. Booker T starts having a temper tantrum, which eventually leads to him hitting the referee with the Book End.

Winner: Matt Hardy

Overall Rating: 76%

The cameras cut to the back to show Rey Mysterio sitting in his locker room. He is lacing up his boots, getting ready for tonight’s main event.

Overall Rating: 82%

WWE Tag Team Championships

Mexicools vs. MNM© w/ Melina

The music of the Mexicools plays over the speakers as they make their way to the ring on their “Juan Deeres.” They park them next to the ring and then climb into the ring and play to the crowd as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show comes back from commercials, MNM’s music hits the speakers. They make their way out to the ring with their paparazzi. Joey and Johnny get into the ring and flaunt their belts and then signal Melina to enter the ring. Melina does her usual entrance to a small pop from the crowd. Shortly after, Melina exits the ring and the match begins with Johnny and Super Crazy. At first, the match goes back and forth, but as the match progresses, it seems more and more like the Mexicools are going to pull it off. Super Crazy ends up in the ring with Joey Mercury while Psicosis and Johnny Nitro are fighting on the outside. Super Crazy slams Mercury down near the corner and then climbs to the top for his Moonsault. On the outside, Nitro slams Psicosis into one of the lawn mowers and then jumps up onto the apron, shoving Super Crazy off to the outside. Crazy lands face first on the hood of one of the lawn mowers. Johnny Nitro tosses Psicosis into the ring, Joey Mercury is now to his feet. They set him up for the Snapshot. JAMIE NOBLE and KID KASH hop the barricade on the outside and start to beat on Super Crazy while the referee is paying attention to what is going on inside the ring, which is MNM hitting the Snapshot on Psicosis! Joey Mercury goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3! Having kept Super Crazy from making it in for the save, Jamie Noble and Kid Kash exit the way they came in. Melina climbs into the ring and celebrates with her men and their belts.

Winners: And STILL WWE Tag Team Champions, MNM

After a few moments, the camera cuts to the back as Josh Matthews has caught up with Jamie Noble and Kid Kash backstage.

Josh Matthews: Jamie Noble, Kid Kash! I’ve got to ask, why did you just attack Super Crazy out there and cost the Mexicools their title match?

Jamie Noble: Why? Two weeks ago, the Mexicools got lucky and beat us to get their chance to earn a title shot. That title shot was ours, so we felt the need to let ‘em know that. The Mexicools needs to learn a little respect, so we’re gonna to teach ‘em. What happened tonight was hardly even an example of what they got comin’! They’re gonna find out soon enough what they done got themselves into!

Noble and Kash walk away, leaving Josh with a concerned look on his face.

Overall Rating: 77%

King of the Ring Match

Lashley vs. Burchill

Lashley controls the match from the start, due to Regal constantly distracting Burchill from the outside. Rather early in the match, Lashley sends Burchill into the ropes. As Burchill hits the ropes, Regal jumps up on the apron and nails Burchill in the back of the head with Brass Knuckles. Burchill staggers forward and finds himself being hoisted up onto Lashley’s shoulder. DOMINATOR! Lashley goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Lashley

Overall Rating: 67%

As Lashley leaves the ring, Regal climbs in and takes off the blonde wig and dress, all the while laughing at Burchill for losing. Regal, happy that he no longer has to dress up as a buxom wench for Burchill, gets in a few shots on him. However, that quickly changes as Burchill gets to his feet and NAILS Regal with the C4! Who’s laughing now?

Overall Rating: 68%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

“MISTEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR… KENNEDY! … … … … KENNEDY!” Mr. Kennedy emerges from the back to a mixed reaction from the crowd. He makes his way down to the ring wearing a very confident smile. As he gets into the ring, his music fades out and he is handed a microphone.

Kennedy: Undertaker, it’s been one week since I issued a challenge to you. Your time is up. Come on out here, and answer my challenge! Come on! I’ve been out for far too long, and I’m more than ready, to make my mark on this business, by ending your career, Undertaker!

Overall Rating: 69%

The arena lights go out, and a dark, blue light encompasses the ring. Fog starts to surround the ring as the old druid music begins to play. The TitanTron starts to flash random creep images as the ring begins to move, very much like it did during the build up for WrestleMania XX between Kane and The Undertaker. Suddenly, LIGHTNING strikes all four ring posts and the ring drops to the floor, no longer moving. Kennedy doesn’t know what to do. Then, the words “MAY 28” appear on the screen of the TitanTron. A few seconds later, they fade away, only to be followed by the words “JUDGMENT DAY.” Those words then fade away as well, just before the GONG sounds. At the sound of the gong, Mr. Kennedy flees from the ring and runs to the back, absolutely horrified. After a few moments, the lights fade back on inside the arena.

Overall Rating: 85%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Champion vs. Champion

JBL© w/ Jillian vs. Rey Mysterio©

As the show comes back from commercials, JBL’s music is already playing and the limo has already pulled out from the back. The driver then opens the back door and JBL steps out, followed by Jillian. They make their way to the ring, with JBL proudly wearing his United States Championship belt. JBL climbs into the ring as Rey Mysterio’s music comes in over the speakers. Mysterio shoots up out of the stage beside the aisle and then makes his way toward the ring, playing to the crowd. Mysterio climbs into the ring and before he can even completely take off the World Heavyweight Championship belt, JBL attacks him. JBL is in control for pretty much the entire match. He moreless just toys with Mysterio throughout the match. However, JBL’s cockiness soon gets the better of him, and Mysterio starts hitting move after move. Mysterio attempts to whip JBL into the ropes, but JBL counters with ease and goes for the Clothesline From Hell as Mysterio approaches him! Mysterio ducks and goes off the opposite ropes. Before JBL can turn around, Mysterio lands a drop kick to his back, sending him falling toward the ropes. JBL lands on the second rope and crowd begins to cheer in anticipation of the… 619! JBL stumbles backward and Mysterio springboards off the ropes for the West Coast Pop! OH!!! POWERBOMB TO MYSTERIO! JBL caught Mysterio and Powerbombed him straight to hell! Mysterio rolls over, grasping his back in pain as JBL creeps over toward the ropes, preparing to go for the Clothesline From Hell. Mysterio slowly makes his way to his feet and JBL goes off the ropes and charges at him and NO! Mysterio ducks and JBL BLASTS the referee with the Clothesline From Hell! The referee isn’t moving! JBL quickly spins around and nails Mysterio with the same move, but doesn’t exactly have a referee to make a count. JBL, realizing the referee is down, throws a fit in the middle of the ring. WAIT! What’s this?! IT’S CHRIS BENOIT! CHRIS BENOIT IS IN THE RING! He charges at JBL, who attempts to Clothesline him, but Benoit ducks and gets behind JBL… GERMAN SUPLEX! AND ANOTHER! AND ANOTHER! JBL is down! Chris Benoit climbs to the top rope… DIVING HEADBUTT! Benoit quickly leaves the ring, the damage having been done. Mysterio starts to get up, and notices that JBL is down, and crawls over to make the cover! The referee sees the cover, and slowly crawls over. 1.….. 2.….. 3! Mysterio slowly makes his way to his feet as someone at ringside hands him his belt. Mysterio climbs to the second rope and poses with his belt as the show fades out.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

Overall Show Rating: 74%

Television Rating: 5.79

Attendence: 7,523

Edited by JairusCain

Guest SixThreeSuperman

Good first shows, it will be interesting to see what happens with both World Titles, hopefully you can right what the WWE has wronged. :)

Now, a few beefs:

1) Nowhere in your press conference does it say what credentials Randall has to even be considered for this job. Where has he worked, what has he done?

2) I understand that the press conference was for WWE superstars and staff, but you gave away a lot of things that may happen in your diary in the first post.

3) I am pretty sure that the brand new "Head of Creative" wouldn't just come in and make all those changes right away. Some of those things could use gradual buildup, and you just laid them on the table.

I will, however, be keeping an eye on this diary to see what happens. I like your writing, and I think if you stick with it, it should be excellent.

Credit WWE.com

Threat Times Three

May 8, 2006

Last Monday, former WWE Champion, John Cena defeated the current WWE Champion, Edge in a non-title match. Following the match, Triple H intended to congratulate John Cena, only to be spit on. In the proceeding brawl, Edge Speared John Cena, only to be Pedigreed by Triple H. As John Cena came back, he went for the FU on Triple H, but stopped dead in his tracks upon hearing the crowd’s reaction. This week, the three will face off in a Backlash Rematch with the WWE Championship on the line. Will the crowd’s reaction to John Cena get in his way of getting the job done?

Last Sunday, Kane and Big Show were set to face each other in singles competition. What transpired however, was a brutal brawl that resulted in both men being put on the shelf for a week. Both men will be back this week, and one can only imagine what’s going to happen. Will we see a repeat of Backlash?

Chris Jericho made his return to WWE last week after a nine month absence following a “You’re Fired” match against John Cena last August, and assisted Vince McMahon in defeating Shawn Michaels in a Last Man Standing match. Why has Chris Jericho returned, and why has he sided with Vince McMahon?

Last week, Rob Van Dam and Shelton Benjamin had a rematch for the Intercontinental Championship. The match came to an end when Chris Masters interfered on behalf of Shelton Benjamin. However, with the help of Carlito, Rob Van Dam cleared the ring of Shelton Benjamin and Chris Master. This week, Rob Van Dam and Carlito will team up to take on the team of Shelton Benjamin and Chris Masters. Can Shelton Benjamin and The Masterpiece work together to defeat Rob Van Dam and Carlito?

Edited by JairusCain

IPB Image

Monday May 8, 2006

Live! From Anaheim, California

As the show comes on the air the pyro is going off as the RAW theme plays over the loud speakers. Joey Styles, Coach, and Jerry Lawler welcome everyone to the show as the RAW theme is interrupted by the music of none other than Vince McMahon. Vince emerges from behind the curtains with Shane McMahon on one side and Chris Jericho on the other. The trio makes their way down to the ring in an ever-so-arrogant manner and once in the ring, Vince is handed a microphone. The music fades out and Vince prepares to speaks as Jericho and Shane exchange jokes about fans in the crowd.

Vince: I love being right. I knew Shawn couldn’t beat me by himself, and I think I proved that pretty well last week. Shawn, you may have kept me down for three at WrestleMania and at Backlash, but I kept you down for a TEN count last week! But, I’m not out here to brag. I’m out here to welcome back a man we’ve all missed dearly for the last year. So without further ado, allow me to introduce to you, the first ever Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion, Y2J, Chris Jericho!

Vince McMahon hands the microphone to Chris Jericho and then steps aside.

Jericho: The only thing I’ve been hearing for the past seven days… is “why Chris Jericho, why?” Why is it that every time someone does something you morons don’t approve of, the EXACT phrase that comes out of everyone’s mouth is “why, so-and-so, why?” I swear, it’s like a never ending de-evolution of intelligence with wrestling fans. The fact of the matter is, nine months ago, that “genius” Eric Bischoff put me in a “You’re Fired” match against John Cena and I got screwed, and got fired. So this great man behind me here, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, was kind enough to renew my contract last week. So of course, I’m going to show my gratitude by assisting him with that washed up old man, Shawn Michaels. An…

Chris Jericho is cut off by the opening beats of Shawn Michaels’ music.

Overall Rating: 99%

Shawn Michaels charges out from behind the curtain and runs down the ramp. He slides into the ring and immediately sends Shane McMahon over the top rope with a Clothesline. He turns around and takes down Vince with a hard right hand. Vince rolls out of the ring to the floor as Shawn turns to Chris Jericho. They exchange a few punches, and then the exchange turns into a re-run of episodes of HBK’s Fist Meets Jericho’s Face. As HBK is pounding away on Chris Jericho, Shane McMahon sneaks back into the ring with a chair and wraps it around the back of Shawn Michaels. With Michaels down, Shane and Jericho start putting the boots to him before Vince gets back into the ring and spits on him. Vince gets in a kick to the groin before his music begins playing again. The trio then heads to the back, boasting about taking out Shawn Michaels again.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Rene Dupree vs. Chavo Guerrero

This match is pretty much the same as Chavo’s match last week. Rene gets in the cheap shots and has the upper hand until Chavo catches him with a few drop kicks. The drop kicks are followed by the Three Amigos. Chavo finishes him off with the Frog Splash and goes for the pin. 1... 2... 3! Rack up another win for Chavo Guerrero.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

Overall Rating: 74%

As Chavo’s music plays over the sound system, he is handed a microphone.

Chavo: Cut the music.

His music fades out.

Chavo: Early last month, I challenged Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental Championship, and dedicated my victory to Eddie. Shelton beat me. After losing… especially a match that I had dedicated to Eddie… I didn’t know what to do. I was distraught. Once I got backstage, I ended up saying that I was quitting. A couple of weeks later, JR talked to me. He talked me into coming back. He told me that… that me losing my match wasn’t letting Eddie down. He told me that walking away, and being a quitter, is what would be letting Eddie down. So I decided to come back, and have had a new sense of confidence ever since. I’ve been winning ever since I came back… so you know what? Shelton Benjamin… I am challenging you to one more match for that Intercontinental Championship. Just one more chance. You and me, next week. I’m going to have that belt around my waist!

Chavo drops the microphone and his music hits the speakers again. He leaves the ring and heads to the back.

Overall Rating: 77%

Tag Team Match

Cade and Murdoch vs. Eugene and Goldust

Eugene and Goldust come out to the ring to their separate entrances. They talk inside the ring while Eugene’s music continues to play. The show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns from commercials, Cade and Murdoch’s music comes over the speakers and they make their way down to the ring. The match starts and proceeds as your average run of the mill tag team match. It comes down to Eugene and Murdoch being the legal men. Eugene hits his version of the Rock Bottom and goes for the pin, which brings Cade into the ring to break up the count. Goldust hurries into the ring and starts exchanging punches with Cade. While those two are fighting, Murdoch sends Eugene into the corner and does a ten punch. As Eugene stumbles out of the corner, Murdoch climbs to the second rope and soars off with a Flying Bulldog on Eugene. At about the same time, Cade clotheslines Goldust over the top rope to the outside and Murdoch goes for the pin, making sure to get a handful of tights. 1... 2... 3! As soon as the bell rings, Val Venis and Viscera hurry to the ring. Well, okay Val hurries to the ring, Viscera takes a while. Anyway, Venis goes after Murdoch and starts laying in some punches. Cade pulls Val off of Trevor and they start exchanging right hands. Viscera finally makes it into the ring and delivers a rather painful looking splash to Murdoch, who is still down on the mat. Cade attempts to whip Val to the corner but Val reverses it. Viscera then runs… I guess you could call it that… across the ring and splashes Cade in the corner.

Winners: Cade and Murdoch

Overall Rating: 66%

With both Cade and Murdoch down, all five members of the Spirit Squad comes running to the ring. Kenny and Mikey both go after Viscera while the other three members go after Val, Cade, and Murdoch. After a few moments, all five members end up in the ring. Four of them hold Viscera down while Kenny ascends to the top rope and soars off with his trademark leg drop. With the damage done, the Spirit Squad celebrate as they make their way back up the ramp.

Overall Rating: 58%

The cameras cut to the back to show Todd Grisham standing next to the former WWE Champion, John Cena.

Todd: John, last week you defeated the WWE Champion, Edge in a one on one match. After the match, we witnessed you get into a brawl with Triple H. What everyone is curious about is, you got Triple H up for the FU, but then set him back down and walked away. Why?

John Cena looks at Grisham, and appears as though he is about to speak, but he says nothing.

Todd: Well?

Again, John Cena looks at Grisham as though he is goin to talk, but once again says nothing. After a few seconds, Cena gets a frustrated look on his face and then just walks away, without saying a word. Grisham looks into the camera and shrugs.

Overall Rating: 80%

Tag Team Match

Rob Van Dam and Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin and Chris Masters

Rob Van Dam and Chris Masters start the match. Chris Masters gets the upper hand early on, using his strength and size to his advantage. Masters continues to toy with RVD as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns from commercials, Chris Masters has lost a bit of control over RVD, who is now getting in a few shots, which eventually enables him to tag in Carlito. As soon as he tags in Carlito, Masters hurries to the corner and tags in Shelton Benjamin. The match continues, going back and forth, until Carlito gets the hot tag to RVD, who storms the ring and takes out both Chris Masters and Shelton Benjamin. RVD sends Masters to the outside a clothesline over the top rope, and then delivers a few of his trademark moves to Shelton inside the ring. Carlito ends up hitting Shelton with his backbreaker, which is followed up by a Five Star Frog Splash from RVD. Van Dam goes for the pin. 1... 2... 3!

Winners: Rob Van Dam and Carlito

The cameras cut to the back to show Big Show sitting in his locker room. Big Show stands up and the show fades to another commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from commercials with a shot of the arena as Big Show’s music comes over the speakers. Big Show makes his way down to the ring, head bandaged up from his brawl with Kane at Backlash. Big Show enters the ring and is handed a microphone as his music fades out.

Big Show: Kane, at Backlash, we were supposed to have a match. That didn’t happen. Instead, we beat the living hell out of each other. That landed us both in the hospital and not cleared to wrestle for a week. The problem is, Kane… we’re both still breathing. This isn’t over! Why don’t you just come on out here right now, and we’ll finish this right here tonight? Come on, Kane!

Overall Rating: 88%

An explosion erupts from the stage as Kane’s music blares over the speakers. Kane steps out onto the stage and makes his way toward the ring with a look of determination. Kane climbs onto the apron and steps over the top rope and then proceeds to get right in Big Show’s face. His music fades out. A few seconds pass and nothing happens. BOOM! A RIGHT HAND FROM KANE! They start exchanging punches! Another brawl between these two has broke out! The exchanges stop and turn into Kane just delivering punch after punch as Big Show backs closer and closer to the ropes. Big Show eventually gets up against the ropes and Kane sends him over with a Clothesline. Kane follows Show to the outside and starts to tear apart the announce table. Kane continues the beating and gets Show next to the announce table, where he goozles him, preparing for a Chokeslam THROUGH the announce table! But no, Show fights back and sends Kane INTO THE RING STEPS! Kane staggers to his feet and Big Show gets in a few more shots. They begin to exchange punches again, until Kane slams Show’s head into the announce table. Big Show stumbles backwards and Kane rips a monitor out of the announce table. Show starts to stagger toward Kane, and Kane BLASTS him with the monitor, sending Big Show to the floor! Kane towers over the Big Show with an evil smile on his face. The cameras zoom in on Big Show, revealing that he’s been busted open. Kane raises his hands into the air and slams them down as pyro shoots from the ring posts and the arena lights turn to red. Kane’s music comes over the speakers as he still stands over Big Show.

Overall Rating: 90%

WWE Championship Backlash Rematch

John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Edge© w/ Lita

John Cena and Triple H make their way to the ring and exchange insults as they await the arrival of Edge. Finally, Edge’s music hits and he emerges from the back with Lita. They make their way down to the ring and the match is ready to begin. From the start, John Cena and Triple H both go after Edge, seemingly working together. Part way through the match, the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns from the break, things have changed, and now Cena and Edge are working together to take out Triple H. The match continues as such, with Cena and Triple H teaming up, and then Cena and Edge. There are a few near falls where it looks as though Cena is about to regain the title, but the count is broken up by the third man, be it Triple H or Edge, every time. As the match progresses, all of the team work stops. Lita hops onto the apron to distract Triple H, which then enables Edge to Spear him. Edge then goes after Cena with the Spear. However, Cena steps out of the way, sending Edge shoulder first into the ring post. Edge stumbles back and walks right into an FU from Cena! At this time, Triple H is getting back to his feet. He staggers around and finds himself on the shoulders of Cena. Once again, the crowd erupts into boos as Cena is about to FU Triple H. Cena hesitates, not sure whether to do it or not. After a few moments, Triple H fights his way out of Cena’s grasp and nails Cena with a Pedigree! Edge, who is now fighting his way back to his feet, sees an opportunity. He runs over and tosses Triple H over the top rope to the outside and goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! Edge steals another victory! Edge is handed his belt and he flees the ring with Lita and starts to head up the ramp. Triple H sits on the outside, looking a bit confused, but mostly pissed off. Inside the ring, Cena is still unconscious. The camera focuses on Edge and Lita smiling as they back their way up the ramp as the show fades.

Winner: And STILL WWE Champion, Edge

Overall Show Rating: 80%

Television Rating: 6.82

Attendence: 7,524

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

King of the Ring Standings

May 10, 2006

The following are the current standings in the 2006 King of the Ring Tournament.

IPB Image

Make sure to follow the tournament every week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN. The finals of the 2006 King of the Ring Tournament will take place on Sunday, May 28 at the Smackdown Brand Pay-Per-View, Judgment Day.

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

Settling The Score

May 12, 2006

Last Friday, JBL interfered in the opening contest, costing Chris Benoit his match against Finlay, claiming they were wasting his time. In response, Chris Benoit then cost JBL his match against World Heavyweight Champion, Rey Mysterio. Smackdown General Manager, Teddy Long has signed one last match between Chris Benoit and JBL in an effort to settle the score this week on Smackdown. Who will come out on top?

The King of the Ring tournament will continue this week as Kurt Angle squares off with Matt Hardy in a semi-final match. Who will advance? Also, last week, we saw Matt Hardy defeat Booker T yet again and the match was proceeded by Booker T throwing a fit and attacking the referee. What will Booker T have to say about his actions this week?

Last week, Burchill finally lost a match, losing his King of the Ring match to Lashley due to William Regal’s involvement. As per their agreement, Burchill’s loss meant that Regal no longer had to dress as Burchill’s buxom wench. William Regal attempted to teach Burchill a lesson, but ended up feeling the effects of the C4 at the hands of Burchill. What’s in store for these two now that Regal no longer has to follow Burchill’s orders?

Jamie Noble and Kid Kash announced last week that they are setting out to teach The Mexicools some respect. They started their lesson by costing The Mexicools their WWE Tag Team Titles match. How will the Mexicools respond this week? And what does this mean for the WWE Tag Team Titles?

Don’t miss all of this and much more this week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN.

Edited by JairusCain

IPB Image

Friday May 12, 2006

Live! From San Diego, California

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: Smackdown on UPN

King of the Ring Match

Kurt Angle vs. Matt Hardy

Surprisingly, this match isn’t one-sided. Matt Hardy is able to hold his own and appears to have a chance. The match goes back and forth with both men getting in a few near falls. Eventually, Hardy starts to build up a solid offense and looks like he might actually have a chance at winning. Hardy continues to get in some good offense before finally hooking Angle for the Twist of Fate. However, before he can hit the move, Hardy happens to look over his shoulder and see Booker T and Sharmell making their way down toward the ring. Matt drops Kurt and approaches the ropes, yelling at Booker T. Booker T, while still approaching the ring, talks trash to Hardy. With Hardy distracted, Angle comes up behind him and nails him with the Angle Slam and goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! Booker T laughs and then slides into the ring and immediately starts to beat on Matt Hardy. Kurt Angle, knowing that it’s not his business, leaves the ring and heads to the back. Booker continues the assault. He pulls Hardy to his feet and then uses his OWN MOVE against him! Matt is down from a Twist of Fate from Booker T. With the damage done, Booker and Sharmell head to the back.

Winner: Kurt Angle

The cameras cut to the back where we see JBL with Kristal Marshall.

Kristal: JBL, tonight you’re going up against Chris Benoit with you United States Championship on the line. What are you thoughts on the match?

JBL: I think it’s a crock of crap! Benoit! I told you I was done with you! I told you I had no problem with you anymore! I told you that I only interfered in your match because you two midgets were wasting my interview time! But, you felt the need to stick your nose where it didn’t belong… IN MY MATCH! Benoit, I’ve already beaten you! I pinned you at WrestleMania… and I beat you the following Friday in a Steel Cage Match! How many times do I have to beat you before you realize you’re not getting this belt back?! Chris, it’s very simple… but I’m going to say it slow so that you can understand. You… cannot… beat… me. I… am a wrestling… GOD.

JBL looks at Kristal, and then walks away. Jillian follows behind him.

Overall Rating: 92%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

London and Kendrick vs. Noble and Kash

Very good, solid, back and forth tag match. A lot of high flying from London and Kendrick while Noble and Kash attempt to keep them grounded with some mat work. All four men seem to work incredibly well together as the match progresses nicely. It comes down to Paul London and Jamie Noble in the ring. Jamie Noble takes London down with a nice neck breaker as Super Crazy and Psicosis sneak over the barricade and come up next to Noble and Kash’s corner. Noble tags in Kid Kash. Kash takes a few steps toward the middle of the apron and then springs up to the top rope, but as he springs up, Psicosis hops up and grabs the rope, causing Kash to crash down to the mat. As Jamie Noble sees this, he hurries to the outside to chase off Psicosis and Super Crazy. Meanwhile, inside the ring, London rolls up the injured Kid Kash. 1... 2... 3! London and Kendrick celebrate while Kid Kash rolls around on the mat, hurt from the fall. Jamie Noble comes running back to the ring, but realizes he is just a tad bit too late.

Winners: London and Kendrick

The screen fades into a video package. The video shows Gregory Helms from his days in WCW, to his first few months in WWE. The video shows him changing from The Hurricane to Gregory Helms at the end of 2005, and then goes on to show him capturing the Cruiserweight Championship at the Royal Rumble. It shows a few clips from his matches after winning the championship, and then the screen says that Gregory Helms will be returning to Smackdown next week from his injury.

Overall Rating: 72%

Singles Match

Burchill vs. Finlay

More of a brawl than a match. Finlay has the upper hand early on, but Burchill eventually turns the match around. With Burchill controlling the match, Finlay starts to get a little desperate. As soon as he gets a chance to pull away from Burchill, he sneaks out of the ring and grabs his shillelagh. He brings it into the ring with him and goes after Burchill, who catches him with the C4! The shillelagh goes flying near the corner of the ring. After the move, Burchill decides to add insult to injury by playing to the crowd. In the meantime, the referee, seeing the shillelagh on the mat, goes over to the corner and picks it up, intending to hand it to someone at ringside to get it out of the way. With the referee’s attention elsewhere, Regal comes out of nowhere and slides into the ring, delivering a stiff shot to Burchill with brass knuckles! Regal quickly flees from the ring as Finlay is coming to. Finlay sees Burchill down and instinctively goes for the cover. The referee makes the count. 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Finlay

Overall Rating: 68%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns from the break, the cameras show inside General Manager Teddy Long’s office. He is arguing with Matt Hardy. Matt is demanding that Booker T be punished for costing him his King of the Ring match. Teddy Long says that he has a better idea. Teddy points out that there is no number one contender for the United States Title right now, so next week, Matt Hardy and Booker T will have one more match to determine a new number one contender. Hardy hesitates for a moment, and then agrees. He then leaves the room still a little upset.

Overall Rating: 82%

WWE Tag Team Championships

Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki vs. MNM© w/ Melina

Can we say squash? The match lasts all of about maybe two minutes. MNM waste no time in hitting Scotty with the Snapshot and getting the pin while Melina distracts Funaki. The tag team champions retain their titles.

Winners: And STILL WWE Tag Team Champions, MNM

The cameras cut backstage to show Mr. Kennedy walking down a hallway. He is obviously very frightened, as he is checking around every corner, and constantly looking over his shoulder. It looks as though Undertaker’s message last week has really gotten to him.

Singles Match

Hardcore Holly vs. Gunner Scott

The cameras cut back to the arena to show some random new guy in the ring as Hardcore Holly’s music comes over the speakers. As Holly makes his way to the ring, Tony Chimel announces the guy in the ring as Gunner Scott. Once Holly is in the ring, the bell is rung to start the match. Hardcore Holly is all over the new guy from the start, stiffing him left and right. The match is pretty much made up of the new guy trying to protect himself from Holly. After a few minutes of what seems like Hardcore Holly just bullying this guy, he picks him up for the Alabama Slam. As he is about to hit it, Gunner Scott surprises the hell out of him and rolls down into a sunset flip for the pin on Holly! 1... 2... 3! NO WAY! Gunner Scott quickly flees from the ring and Hardcore Holly can’t believe what just happened!

Winner: Gunner Scott

Overall Rating: 64%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from commercials to show Teddy Long in his office again. There is a knock on the door and he tells them to come in. William Regal steps in, asking if he wanted to see him. Teddy Long informed Regal that Burchill has requested a match against him at Judgment Day, and that he has made it official. William Regal is absolutely livid, yelling at Teddy Long and say that Burchill is going to wish he would’ve stayed in Neverland with Captain Hook and the rest of the pirates. Regal storms out of the room and Teddy Long laughs.

Overall Rating: 73%

Singles Match

Lashley vs. Mr. Kennedy

Exceptional match. Surprisingly, it goes back and forth, as opposed to the much larger Lashley dominating. Lashley does, however, have control for the first few moments of the match. After a couple of minutes, Kennedy manages to score a mule kick, and from there he is able to keep Lashley from gaining an advantage, but he himself cannot gain one either, due to Lashley managing to over power him. Eventually, Kennedy gets desperate and starts to untape his wrist. He then uses that to choke Lashley. Somehow, the oh-so-wonderful referee doesn’t notice. This finally enables Kennedy to gain control of the match. Kennedy sends Lashley into the corner, and it seems as though he is about to set him up for the Kenton Bomb. However, before he can fully prepare for the move, the arena lights go out and the Undertaker’s GONG sounds over the loud speakers. Kennedy is frantic, looking every which way for the Undertaker. Suddenly, the lights come back on. Kennedy slowly turns around, fearing that Undertaker is behind him. When he turns around, LASHLEY is there and immediately gets him up for the DOMINATOR! Lashley goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3! Lashley celebrates for a few moments until Kennedy manages to roll himself out of the ring. As soon as he is able to stand, Kennedy flees to the back in fear of the Undertaker.

Winner: Lashley

Overall Rating: 70%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

United States Championship No Disqualification Match

Chris Benoit vs. JBL© w/ Jillian

Chris Benoit is the first to the ring. He circles around the ring as JBL’s music comes over the speakers. The limo pulls out and then stops in front of the entrance. Benoit watches on as he waits for JBL to be let out, but the driver never gets out of the car. Instead, BAM!!! JBL attacks Benoit from behind. JBL has control of the match for a good five minutes, pretty much toying with Benoit. Eventually, however, JBL’s cockiness gets the better of him, as it allows Benoit a momentary opportunity to get a move in, and he does just that. Benoit takes control of the match following a German Suplex. From this point on, Benoit works on JBL’s arm and occasionally his back. Things go back and forth a few times, but Benoit keeps coming back out on top. Benoit goes for a whip, but JBL reverses and sends Benoit into the ropes. As Benoit comes back off the ropes, JBL goes for a clothesline but Benoit ducks and gets behind JBL… GERMAN SUPLEX! AND ANOTHER! AND A THIRD! Benoit signals for the end! Benoit climbs up to the top rope, and as he’s climbing up, Jillian slides the United States Championship belt into the ring to JBL. Benoit soars off the rope and… WHAM! A FACE FULL OF GOLD! JBL tosses the belt over to the apron as he goes for the cover! 1... 2... NO! BENOIT KICKS OUT! JBL is in disbelief! JBL gets to his feet and measures JBL up for the Clothesline From Hell. Wait… what’s this? Rey Mysterio comes running down the aisle and jumps onto the apron. He springboards off the ropes at JBL but JBL ducks! Mysterio lands on his feet, and picks up the United States belt off the apron and runs at JBL with it! JBL DUCKS AGAIN AND… NO!!! MYSTERIO JUST BLASTS BENOIT IN THE FACE WITH THE BELT ON ACCIDENT! Mysterio doesn’t know what to do! He turns around… CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! JBL quickly goes for the cover on Benoit! 1... 2... 3! Mysterio just inadvertently cost Benoit the match! JBL grabs his belt and heads up the ramp with Jillian as Mysterio lays on the mat across the ring from Benoit. Benoit starts to come to, and looks at Mysterio as if he’s going to kill him. Mysterio tries to get to his feet, but to no avail. He speaks to Benoit from across the ring as they both remain on the mat, apologizing repeatedly. They eventually both make it up to their feet and Mysterio continues to apologize. Benoit stares him down for a few moments before finally shaking hands with him and patting him on the back. Benoit’s music cuts JBL’s music off and he heads toward the back with Mysterio as the show fades.

Winner: And STILL United States Champion, JBL

Overall Show Rating: 75%

Television Rating: 5.66

Attendence: 7,505

Credit WWE.com

Odd Couple

May 15, 2006

Last week, Edge retained his WWE Championship in a Backlash Triple Threat Rematch by pinning John Cena after he received a Pedigree from Triple H. It was apparent as the show went off the air, that Triple H was upset with Edge once again stealing the victory. With John Cena upset about being pinned, and Triple H upset about having his win stolen yet again, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has signed a Handicap Match to take place this week on RAW. WWE Champion, Edge will take on the team of John Cena and Triple H in what is sure to be an all-out brawl.

Chris Jericho revealed last week why he has returned to the WWE along side the McMahons. Following his speech, The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels made an attempt to exact a little revenge, but was stopped short by the new alliance between The McMahons and Chris Jericho. Are the issues between Shawn Michaels and the trio over? Doubtful.

Last Monday, following yet another win on RAW, Chavo Guerrero challenged Shelton Benjamin to an Intercontinental Championship rematch. Will Chavo be able to pull off the win this time? And, Kane and Big Show once again found themselves in a brawl last week, this time leaving Big Show a bloody mess with Kane standing over his lifeless body with a smile. Will Big Show try to redeem himself this week?

Man what a great diary. Probably the only WWE diary I'll keep up with in the future. Nice touch bringing back Jericho even though I personally don't think the WWE main event scene needed a new face. Nice to see how everything's realistic, right down to the mid-match commercial breaks. Highly interested in where the John Cena thing's going. Best of luck man (Y)

I just want to take a quick break from posting shows/previews and thank everyone thus far for their input. I'm happy to know you are all enjoying the diary - and I hope you will all enjoy the ideas I plan to put to use in it. Once again, thanks to all of you.

IPB Image

Monday May 15, 2006

Live! From Lubbock, Texas

As the show goes on the air, we are greeted by Shawn Michaels’ music blaring over the speakers. Apparently, he’s got something to say that couldn’t wait until after the pyro and the usual RAW intro package. HBK makes his way down to the ring and once in the ring, he is handed a microphone. After a few moments, his music fades out.

HBK: For two weeks now, I’ve been screwed by The McMahons and Chris Jericho. For two weeks now, I’ve gotten beaten down by not one man, but two or three. It’s pretty bad when Vince McMahon can’t handle things on his own, so first he’s got to bring in his son - and when that doesn’t work, bring back Chris Jericho who was FIRED a year ago. My point is… Vince, I beat you at WrestleMania. I beat you at Backlash. I even had you beat the night AFTER Backlash, on RAW. Why can’t you just accept your losses and… MOVE ON! That’s how this whole thing started. By me telling you to move on. Well Vince, I’m telling you again. Move on. Get over it. Get over yourself. I…

Shawn Michaels is cut off by the music of Chris Jericho.

Overall Rating: 93%

Chris Jericho emerges from the back and stands out on the stage with a microphone.

Jericho: What’s the matter, Shawn? You can’t accept the fact that for two weeks straight you’ve gotten your ass kicked by a man as old as Vince? Or are you just mad that Vince is as old as he is, but can still kick you ass? Or… is it that you got your ass handed to you, by someone who used to idolize you as a kid, thus proving that you’re way past your prime, old man.

Jericho starts to make his way down toward the ring.

Jericho: Let me put it this way, Shawn. You’re washed up. You’re done. And I’m going to prove that to you one way or the other.

Jericho climbs into the ring and gets face to face with Shawn Michaels.

Jericho: You know as well as I do… you’re a has-been. Your days on top have long since gone. You’re no longer the Heartbreak Kid. No, no, Shawn. You’re the Has Been Kid!

At that, out of nowhere, HBK dishes out a vicious Sweet Chin Music to Jericho, sending Jericho down to the mat. HBK stands over his motionless body with a smirk. HBK’s music hits the speakers as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Non-Title Tag Team Match

The V Spot vs. Spirit Squad©

When the show comes back from commercials, the match has already started. The Spirit Squad seem to be in control, taking it to Val Venis. Val constantly fights to get to the corner, but to no avail. Eventually, all five members of the Spirit Squad end up in the ring trying to attack Val, which prompts Viscera to get into the ring and try to help. It doesn’t work and the beating continues. The referee tries to restore order, but before he can do so, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch come running down to the ring and interject themselves into the brawl. After a few moments, the referee finally decides to throw the match out. His call, however, doesn’t stop the brawl inside the ring.

Winners: No Contest

Overall Rating: 60%

The cameras cut to the back. They cut to Vince’s office to be exact. Chris Jericho is whining to Vince about HBK’s attack on his at the beginning of the show. Vince sympathizes with him and tries to call him down.

Vince: Chris, Chris. I know. I know, Chris! I saw the whole thing. And, I’ll tell you what! Vengeance is coming up in a few weeks.

Jericho: Okay?

Vince: How about we see… Shawn Michaels… versus Chris Jericho?

Jericho: I don’t know, Vince…

Vince: With Shane McMahon… as the Special… Guest Referee.

Jericho: Now, I like the sound of that. That sounds like a great idea, Vince.

Vince and Jericho continue to discuss the idea as the cameras fade out and then cut back to the arena.

Singles Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Kane

Kane is already in the ring when RVD’s music interrupts his. Rob Van Dam makes his way out from the back, carrying his briefcase with him. Van Dam makes his way to the ring. Once in the ring, Kane attacks him before he even has a chance to put down his Money In The Bank briefcase. Kane pretty much dominates RVD for a while. RVD tries to get in a few shots, but they seem to have no effect on Kane what-so-ever. The Monster, Kane continues the beating before eventually nailing RVD with a Chokeslam! However, Kane doesn’t go for a pin. No. Instead, he heads to the outside of the ring where he proceeds to shove Lillian Garcia off of her chair. Kane takes the chair into the ring, obviously about to destroy RVD with it. Kane lifts the chair into the air, but then he sees BIG SHOW making his way down the ramp. Kane lowers the chair, staring a hole through Big Show. Big Show points at Kane, somewhat signaling him to turn around. Kane does so, and ends up eating the chair as RVD blasts him with the Van Daminator! RVD goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Overall Rating: 87%

RVD grabs his briefcase and makes his way toward the back as Big Show climbs into the ring. Big show picks up the chair that Kane just got personal with, and measures up the Big Red Machine. Kane sits up, not knowing that Big Show is behind him. Kane slowly gets to his feet and then feels his head - still feeling the effects of the Van Daminator. Kane turns around and WHAM!!! CHAIR SHOT TO THE HEAD FROM BIG SHOW! After a couple of seconds, Kane sits up again. Big Show is hardly shocked. As soon as Kane is vertical, he gets another chair shot! Kane has been busted open! Seeing the blood running down Kane’s head, Big Show feels a sense of satisfaction and drops the chair. Big Show’s music hits the speakers and he heads toward the back.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Intercontinental Championship

Chavo Guerrero vs. Shelton Benjamin©

Very technically sound match. It goes back and forth, with both men showing a very good chance of pulling off the win. Part way through the match, however, Benjamin lands a low blow without the referee seeing, and starts to control the match from that point. After a few minutes, Shelton goes for a whip into the ropes, but Chavo reverses. DROP KICK to Benjamin! It looks like Chavo’s offense is starting to pick up! Benjamin gets to his feet and Chavo goes for another Drop Kick! NO! Shelton slaps his legs away! It looks like Chavo had a little false hope there, but now Shelton is back in control!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns from the break, Chavo is down in the middle of the ring and Shelton goes to the apron and springboards off the ropes for a Clothesline… NO!!! Chavo catches him with a drop kick! Chavo pulls Shelton to his feet… THREE AMIGOS! Shelton is down and Chavo is on fire! Chavo does Eddie’s little dance and then heads to the top rope. Chavo points for the sky and soa… NO!!! What the hell?! Chris Master just shoved Chavo off the top rope! Where the hell did he come from?! Masters hurries in the ring and tosses Chavo to the outside. Shelton is starting to get to his feet… MASTERLOCK! Chris Masters has Shelton Benjamin in the Masterlock! What in the hell is going on?! The referee calls for the bell, throwing the match out. Masters refuses to let go of the hold as the bell continues to ring.

Winner: No Contest

Carlito comes running from the back and storms the ring. Masters throws Chavo to the mat and makes a B-Line for the barrier, hopping over it and running for the back. Carlito then takes to the outside, making sure that Chavo is okay. Carlito helps Chavo to his feet and then climbs back into the ring as Shelton is getting to his feet. Carlito sneaks up behind Shelton… CARLITO HITS HIS BACKBREAKER on Shelton! Carlito’s music hits the speakers as the show fades to it’s last commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the program comes back from commercials, Rob Van Dam is standing in the back with his Money In The Bank briefcase in his hand. He is very obviously feeling confident after his win over Kane. RVD talks about winning the MITB and how it’s been a long time coming for him to be a mainstay in the WWE’s main event scene. He tells Edge to keep looking over his shoulder, because he never knows when RVD is going to cash in on his title shot.

Handicap Match

John Cena and Triple H vs. Edge© w/ Lita

John Cena and Triple H obviously dominate the match. However, they surprisingly work well together, communicating well enough to keep Edge at bay. Late in the match, Edge catches Triple H with a low blow and starts to pick up some offense. Triple H ends up making a desperate tag to John Cena. Cena storms the ring and gets a few shots in at Edge before Edge picks up momentum and stops Cena dead in his tracks. Edge takes it to Cena for a few moments before sending him into the ropes. Triple H reaches over and makes a blind tag just before Cena comes off the ropes to receive a HUGE Spear from Edge! Triple H storms the ring and starts taking it to Edge. It looks like all of Edge’s momentum has been stopped by Hunter! HHH continues to take it to Edge for a few moments. Cena is starting to get to his feet after the Spear from Edge. Cena keeps his eyes on Edge and Triple H. Triple H and Edge start exchanging punches. In the middle of the exchange, Edge lands a thumb to the eye of Triple H and picks up a little momentum again. At this point, Cena charges at Edge to deliver a Spear of his own but BAM!!! Edge moves and Cena collides with Triple H with the Spear! Edge grabs Cena and tosses him to the outside! Edge goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3! Edge steals ANOTHER win! Edge’s music comes over the speakers and he quickly makes his way out of the ring where Lita hands him his belt. They flee up the ramp together as Triple H sits up in the ring, looking around like “what the hell just happened?”

Winner: Edge

Overall Rating: 89%

Once Edge is backstage, Cena slowly makes his way back into the ring and Edge’s music stops. Triple H gets to his feet and starts to question Cena. Cena tries to explain himself for a few moments. Words escalate to yelling before Cena shoves Triple H. The crowd boos. Triple H comes back and shoves Cena twice as hard. The crowd explodes into cheers. They get nose to nose and continue to yell at one another. The crowd breaks out into a “CENA SUCKS!” chant. Cena backs away from Triple H and surveys the crowd, hearing what they are chanting. Cena tries to ignore it and gets back in the face of Triple H. The chants get louder. Cena still tries to ignore it, but they get even louder. Cena can’t take it. He backs away from Triple H and rolls out of the ring. Cena heads up the ramp, leaving Triple H alone in the ring. Triple H’s music hits the speakers as the points to Cena and talks trash. The camera goes back and forth between Cena and Triple H a couple of times. The camera finally stops on Cena as the show goes off the air.

Overall Rating: 90%

Overall Show Rating: 84%

Television Rating: 6.84

Attendence: 7,528