WWE: The New Direction

JairusCain

IPB Image

Monday May 29, 2006

Live! From Tacoma, Washington

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: RAW on USA

As the show comes onto the air live, the opening pyro goes off, followed by the continuation of the RAW theme song following the opening video package. After a few seconds, Carlito’s music hits the speakers.

Tag Team Match

Chris Masters and Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin and Chavo Guerrero

After Carlito comes Chris Masters. The two stare each other down inside the ring, even though they are teaming up tonight. Next out is Chavo Guerrero, who is then followed by the Intercontinental Champion, Shelton Benjamin. Once all four men are to the ring, Shelton Benjamin and Chris Masters start things off. The match progresses with neither team really getting along all that well. Near the end, Shelton Benjamin ends up in the ring with Chris Masters. Shelton has control over Masters somehow, but Masters ends up getting an opening and gets the tag to Carlito. Shelton quickly gets to the corner and tags in Chavo. Carlito, who is quite fresh by this time, has no problem gaining momentum. He ends up nailing his backbreaker on Chavo, and then follows it up with his version of Rolling The Dice. Carlito gets to his feet and Masters tags himself in, leaving Carlito not looking too happy. Masters simply goes for the pin. Shelton doesn’t even bother trying to break it up. 1... 2... 3! Carlito eyeballs Masters and trash talks him as Masters heads toward the back. Shelton just walks away. Carlito looks down at Chavo, he thinks about helping him up, but eventually says forget it and walks away as well.

Winners: Chris Masters and Carlito

Overall Rating: 80%

The camera cut to the back to show that Shawn Michaels’ partner for the evening, Goldust, is unconscious and bloody in the back. Agents surround him as they question who could have done it.

Overall Rating: 79%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Rob Conway vs. Big Show

Not a whole lot to say about this one. Conway gets in a few cheap shots at the beginning and strokes his ego. But, before too long, Big Show takes advantage of Conway’s cockiness and takes control of the match with ease. Big show gives Conway a few stiff chops here and there. Then a few slams. Big Show sends Conway into the ropes. Big boot! SHOWSTOPPER! Show goes for the pin. 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Big Show

Overall Rating: 70%

Rather than Big Show’s music coming on after his win, pyro explodes from the stage and Kane walks out from the back. Kane slowly makes his way down to the ring, keeping his eyes locked on those of the Big Show. Big Show doesn’t fret. Show climbs out of the ring and walks right up to Kane and they begin to brawl near the ramp. They exchange a few blows before Big Show tries to whip Kane into the ring steps. However, Kane reverses and Big Show crashes into them, dislodging the top set. Kane walks over and picks up the top set of the ring steps, and slams them down on Big Show’s chest. He then takes a few steps toward the ramp, and drops the steps on the floor. Kane walks over to the Big Show and pulls him to his feet, proceeding then to walk him over toward the steps. Kane goozles him next to the steps! Oh, hell no! NO! KANE CHOKESLAMS BIG SHOW ONTO THE RING STEPS! Big Show isn’t moving! Kane smiles as his music hits the speakers. He makes his way toward the back, his task having been completed.

Overall Rating: 85%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from the break with the camera panning around the arena and the fans. Suddenly, John Cena’s music hits the speakers and the crowd erupts into some of the loudest boos in a long time. Rivaling even those that John Cena received at New Years Revolution. Cena makes his way out from the back, without his usual energy toward the fans. He makes his way down to the ring and climbs in. He is handed a microphone.

Cena: Yeah, keeping booing me. Keep it up, cuz I’m not shuttin’ up. You people have been booing me for months. At first, it bothered me. At first, I thought I wasn’t doin’ my job as The Champ. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that while half of y’all hated me, the other half still loved me. So, I kept doin’ what I was doin’ for them.

The crowd still hasn’t stopped booing.

Cena: How ‘bout you people shut the hell up, and show me the respect that y’all have been lacking to show me for the past however many months?! The bottom line is… I don’t give a damn what you people think anymore! That’s all I cared about since last year, and it’s cost MY title TWICE! Y’all are a damn curse… do what the fans want and all you do is get screwed. I stopped carin’ ‘bout y’all cuz y’all stopped carin’ about me! Everyone in this building… the fans… the boys in the back. Y’all stopped carin’! All I’ve got to say to all of you… is FUC…

John Cena is cut off by the music of none other than Rob Van Dam!

Overall Rating: 88%

RVD emerges onto the stage with his briefcase in one hand, and a microphone in the other one.

Cena: What the hell do you want?

RVD: Well, John… I just thought I would come out and let you know how wrong you are. You’re out here sayin’ how everyone stopped caring. That’s not true. The fact is, I care, John. I care. Because, last week, I was given a chance to earn myself a WWE Title shot without having to cash in my Money In The Bank… and YOU cost me the match!

Cena: Cry about it, Rob! It’s not like you woulda won anyway. You’re ECW trash, and you’ll never be anything in WWE.

RVD: You’re wrong again. I already am something. I’m the…

The crowd chants along as he says “WHOLE DAMN SHOW!”

RVD: I get more cheers and chants from every crowd, every night, than you’ve gotten your entire career, Cena. I’m bigger than you. I always have been, and I always will be. Just because you were HANDED opportunities, doesn’t mean you’re better than me. This company has TRIED to hold me back, but they realized they can’t!

Cena: At the end of the day, I’m still a two time WWE Champion, and you’re still just a bitch that they send out here to put everyone else over! If you’re so heartbroken about me costing you you’re match last week… how about y…

Cena is cut off yet again. This time, by Triple H’s music. Triple H emerges from the back with a microphone in hand.

Cena: Oh, give me a freakin’ break!

Hunter: What’s the matter, John? You don’t look so happy to see me. Now listen, John. Just because the fans stopped caring about you… albeit a rather long time ago… that doesn’t mean I don’t still care about you. The truth is, John. I really do. You see, not only did you cost Van Dam here his match last week… you also attacked ME. So, I CARE! Here’s the deal, Cena. Tonight, it’s gonna be me, and my partner, Rob Van Dam… taking on you, and a partner. That is… if you can still find anyone in the back that cares!

Cena: It don’t matter! I don’t need a partner to kick both your asses! I’m a two ti…

Hunter: Yeah, yeah, yeah. A two time WWE Champion… John, until you catch up to me… until you can call yourself a TEN TIME WWE Champion… SHUT THE HELL UP!

Cena is speechless as he throws a fit in the ring. Triple H’s music comes back over the speakers and he and RVD head to the back. After a few moments, John Cena heads to the back as well.

Overall Rating: 94%

Singles Match

Eugene vs. Snitsky

A few moments later, Eugene’s music hits the speakers and he makes his way down to the ring. Once he’s in the ring, Snitsky’s music interrupts and the overgrown enhancement talent makes his way out from the back. Once Snitsky is in the ring, the bell rings and the match begins. This is your average run-of-the-mill filler match. Snitsky dominates for the most part, but Eugene gets in a few glimmers of hope, only to be shut down with a Big Boot! Snitsky goes for the pin. 1... 2... 3.

Winner: Snitsky

Overall Rating: 70%

COMEMRCIAL BREAK

When the broadcast comes back on the air, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, and Chris Jericho are all standing in the ring. Vince’s music fades out before he begins to speak.

Vince: Shawn, I heard the tragic news about your partner for tonight being attacked in the back. That’s just despicable. I can assure you that if I ever find out who commited this heinous crime, they will be fired on the spot. However, due to the fact that tonight’s handicap match has already been signed, I’m afraid you’re going to have to compete with… or without… your partner. So come on out here, Shawn and show the world what you can do!

Vince tosses the microphone to a crew member outside the ring as he and his crew laugh. HBK’s music hits the speakers, and he makes his way down toward the ring.

”Tag Team” Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, and Chris Jericho

The very moment that Shawn steps foot into the ring, he is attacked by all three men. The three-on-one beating goes on for about a minute or so, before Shane and Jericho head to the apron and the match officially begins. With HBK already beaten and pretty much motionless, Vince gets in a handful of cheap shots before TAGGING in his son, Shane. Shane comes into the ring and gets in some shots. He allows HBK to get to his feet, only to take him back down again with punches. He repeats this process a few times before TAGGING in Chris Jericho. Jericho has his way with Michaels for a few moments and then whips him into the corner. Jericho nails him with a bulldog, leaving him motionless on his back in the middle of the ring. Jericho follows up with a picture perfect Lionsault. Jericho looks at Vince and smiles. Chris Jericho approaches the corner and TAGS in Vince McMahon. Vince walks over to Michaels with a smile, and goes for the cover. 1... 2... 3! Jericho and Shane lift Vince up onto their shoulders in celebration as Vince’s music comes over the speakers. They continue to rub the victory in HBK’s face for a few more moments.

Winners: Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, and Chris Jericho

The cameras cut to the back as Carlito, Chris Masters, Chavo Guerrero, and Shelton Benjamin are all brawling with one another in a corridor. They are arguing about the Intercontinental Championship and basically trying to beat the shit out of each other. After a few moments, agents come rushing onto the screen and they hold the four apart. They four men continue to yell at one another for a short while. Finally, Vince McMahon and his merry men prance onto the screen, elated over their victory over Shawn Michaels.

Vince: What’s all this ruckus about?

Shelton: All of these greedy bastards want to take my title, Mr. McMahon!

Carlito: It won’t be your title for long!

Chavo: That title should be mine! I had you beat until this Neanderthal, Chris Masters cost me the match!

Masters: I put myself into that match because I’m the only one here who deserves that title!

Vince: Guys, guys, guys. I’ll tell you what. I’m feeling generous today. So. In thirteen days, at Vengeance. Shelton Benjamin is going to defend the Intercontinental Championship against Chavo Guerrero!

Masters and Carlito: WHAT?!

Vince: And Carlito…

Carlito: Now that… that’s cool!

Masters: That’s bullsh…

Vince: AND Chris Masters… in a Fatal Four-Way!

Shelton: Are you crazy?! That’s not fair!

Vince smiles and he walks away with his crew. Carlito, Chavo, and Masters all turn and look at Shelton. Shelton looks scared to death.

Overall Rating: 69%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

Triple H and Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena and ???

The show comes back from commercials just as RVD’s music comes over the speakers. RVD makes his way down to the ring with his briefcase. Once he’s in the ring, Triple H’s music hits. Triple H does his usual entrance and climbs into the ring. Next, John Cena’s music hits the speakers. He makes his way out onto the stage with a smile on his face. His music fades out. A few seconds pass as everyone waits for his partner to come out. “You think you know me…” Edge’s music comes over the speakers and he makes his way out onto the stage with Lita. Edge, Cena, and Lita head down to the ring. Cena and Edge jump into the ring and rush right into exchanging punches with Triple H and RVD. They brawl for a little while before Triple H and Cena end up being the ones to officially start the match. They go back and forth for a little while, each man attempting their finisher on the other, only to be countered. The match goes on as a standard tag team match for a little while until it ends up being Rob Van Dam and Edge in the ring. Edge is dominating via cheap tactics. Edge ends up nailing RVD with a DDT and then taunting Triple H. This prompts Triple H to storm the ring. The referee tries to stop him, but gets shoved out of the way for his efforts. Triple H charges after Edge, shoving him back into his own corner. As Edge hits the corner, Cena makes the blind tag and then pretends to get hit and falls off the apron to the floor. Triple H and Edge continue brawling inside the ring, and HHH eventually clothesline Edge over the top rope and then follows him out as they continue to brawl. RVD stands in the ring, not sure what to do, when Cena slides into the ring behind him - having snuck around to the other side - and attacks him! Cena puts a beating on RVD for a short while, but RVD quickly turns things around and starts to gain more and more momentum. RVD ends up getting Cena down in the middle of the ring, and he ascends to the top rope… HE SOARS OFF FOR THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!! NO!!! CENA moves out of the way! RVD flops around in pain before slowly getting back up to his feet. Cena comes up behind him… ROLL UP! CENA HAS THE TIGHTS! 1... 2... 3! Cena quickly flees from the ring! He starts backing up toward the ramp. He turns around and gets LEVELED with a right hand from Triple H! Triple H mounts him and lays into him with punches before heading into the ring to check on RVD. Edge makes his way to his feet and toward the ramp with Lita. Triple H and RVD stand in the ring, talking trash back and forth with Edge and Cena on the outside. The camera is fixed on Triple H and RVD standing side by side as the show fades.

Winners: John Cena and Edge

Overall Show Rating: 83%

Television Rating: 7.00

Attendence: 8,006

Edited by JairusCain

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit WWE.com

A New Champion

June 2, 2006

Five days ago, the world witnessed Chris Benoit defeat Rey Mysterio to become the new World Heavyweight Champion. Of course, Rey Mysterio has a rematch waiting for him, but will he use it? Also, the new 2006 King of the Ring was crowned at Judgment Day. New comer, Lashley pulled off a huge upset by beating former World Heavyweight Champion, Kurt Angle.

IPB Image

His official celebration and award ceremony will take place this week on Smackdown! What’s next for the King of the Ring?

Judgment Day saw JBL emerge victories in another United States Championship defense. While it is sure that things between Matt Hardy and Booker T are far from settled, what is in store for the United States Champion? Also, at Judgment Day, Paul London and Brian Kendrick defeated MNM to capture their first WWE Tag Team Championships together. They will be defending them for the first time this week when they face off against Simon Dean’s Gymini!

It seemed as though Mr. Kennedy was scared to death of his match with The Undertaker before Judgment Day. However, once the time came, it became apparent that Mr. Kennedy had a plan all along. Mr. Kennedy has announced that he will be addressing the situation this week on Smackdown. What does he have to say? And, will The Undertaker show up?

Don’t miss all of this and much more this week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN.

IPB Image

Friday June 2, 2006

Live! From Portland, Oregon

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: Smackdown on UPN

The show comes on the air as Rey Mysterio stands backstage next to Josh Matthews.

Josh: Rey Mysterio, I understand that you requested this time to speak to your fans. The mic is yours.

Josh hands the microphone to Rey Mysterio.

Mysterio: A week ago, someone I thought was my friend, attacked me out of greed. Someone who I had thought I was friends with for years… stabbed me in the back over the World Heavyweight Championship. It’s amazing what a business like this can do to people. What greed… can do to people. Five days ago, that friend defeated me in the middle of the ring and took my title. I didn’t give up… he didn’t pin me… but he still took my title. So tonight, Chris Benoit, I am using my rematch clause. Tonight, I’m going to t…

Mysterio is suddenly attacked from the side by someone who came onto the screen in a blur.

Overall Rating: 82%

The camera finally gets a good glimpse of the attacker, as FINLAY continues to beat down on Mysterio. Finlay gets in a good number of kicks before dropping to the floor and laying into him with punches.

Overall Rating: 64%

While Finlay is beating down on Mysterio, Chris Benoit steps onto the screen with the World Heavyweight title belt draped over his shoulder. He looks down at Mysterio with a smile.

Benoit: Hey… Rey? You might want to get up off the floor and find yourself a partner. Because tonight, you’re not getting a shot at my title. No. You’re taking on Finlay and myself in a tag team match. We’ll see you soon enough.

Finlay and Benoit chuckle a little bit as they walk off screen together.

Overall Rating: 61%

The opening video package plays and then that is followed up by the opening pyro alongside the continuation of the Smackdown theme song. Michael Cole and Tazz welcome the viewing audience to the show and then hype the tag team match we just found out about, questioning who Mysterio will team up with later tonight. The show fades to its first commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Gunner Scott vs. Booker T w/ Sharmell

When the show comes back from commercials, Gunner Scott is already in the ring. His music soon fades out and on comes Booker T’s. Booker makes his way out from the back with Sharmell at his side. Once Booker is in the ring, he talks some trash to Gunner Scott before the match starts. The match itself is very solid. Of course, Booker T, being the veteran, control the majority of the match. Gunner gets in a decent amount of offense, but every time he starts to gain a little momentum, Sharmell is there to cut him off. Late in the match, Booker catches Gunner with a kick to the midsection. Booker comes off the ropes and goes for the Scissor Kick… NO! Gunner moves! Gunner gets in a few punches! Gunner swings for another punch… NO! Booker has him hooked for the Book End! Wait! NO! Gunner counters out!!! HE HAS BOOKER LOCKED IN THE CROWBAR! Booker T is about to tap out! What the hell?! GET SHARMELL OFF THE DAMN APRON!!! What? HARDCORE HOLLY IS IN THE RING! Holly pulls Gunner Scott off of Booker T… ALABAMA SLAM!!! NO!!! Holly flees through the crowd as Sharmell hops down off the apron. Booker T crawls over and drapes an arm over Scott. 1... 2... 3! Booker T quickly rolls out of the ring and Sharmell holds onto him, helping him walk. They start to head toward the entrance when Matt Hardy emerges from behind the curtain. He points at Booker T. Booker pushes Sharmell aside and tells her to get to the back. Hardy runs at Booker and tackles him to the floor. Hardy starts laying into him with punches and eventually pulls him to his feet. Hardy drags booker over to the barricade and slams his head off of it. They brawl their way down toward the ring and Matt tosses Booker in. Hardy climbs in after him as Gunner Scott is now to his feet. Hardy points at Scott as Booker stands up… ONE NIGHT STAND!!! Booker T is OUT! Matt Hardy raises Gunner Scott’s arm in the air.

Winner: Booker T

Overall Rating: 62%

The cameras cut to the back to show a close up of a photograph of Batista. The camera zooms out to reveal that it is the latest issue of Smackdown Magazine, which has a special article in it to hype Batista’s return. The magazine lowers and we see the horrified face of William Regal. He shakes his head in disbelief as he mutters to himself about getting killed by The Animal at the Great American Bash. Suddenly, William Regal looks up. The camera zooms out some more to reveal Burchill. Regal raises to his feet and gets in Burchill’s face.

Burchill: Just because you’ve got a match against Batista at the Great American Bash… doesn’t mean things between you and I are over.

Regal: They’re more than over. I beat you, it’s done.

Burchill: You cheated! This isn’t over!

Burchill turns and walks off screen, leaving Regal looking slightly worried. A few seconds later Burchill reappears on screen and hands Regal a black ball resembling a bomb, which has a lit fuse on it. Burchill smiles and walks back off screen. Regal stares at the burning fuse with a look of terror, watching it burn down closer and closer to the end. Finally, it reaches the end… Regal looks around as nothing happens. AH HA! Burchill pops up behind Regal, scaring the shit out of him.

Burchill: ……… *whispering* Boom.

Burchill laughs as he exits the room. Regal is left fuming as he mutters curses at Burchill. The camera fades to black.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWE Tag Team Championships

The Gymini vs. London and Kendrick©

The show returns from commercials as The Gymini already stand in the ring with Simon Dean. London and Kendrick’s music hits the speakers. Simon Dean gives his clients some last minute encouragement before London and Kendrick come running down the aisle and slide into the ring. Before London and Kendrick can even get up off the mat, Gymini are already pounding away at them with kicks! After a few moments, Kendrick ends up starting the match out with one of the Gymini. The Gymini control the match the entire time. Eventually, Paul London, who has been tagged in, catches the non-legal Gymini with a kick, causing him to hunch over. The legal Gymini, is on the other side of the ring brawling with Brian Kendrick London attempts to go off the ropes, but Simon Dean grabs his ankle. The non-legal Gymini charges at London. London, thinking fast, ducks. This sends the Gymini toppling over the top rope, landing directly on top of Simon Dean. With the other Gymini now out of the picture, London and Kendrick double team the legal member, eventually nailing him with Get Well Soon! London goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winners: And STILL WWE Tag Team Champions, London and Kendrick

Overall Rating: 63%

The cameras cut backstage to show Rey Mysterio sitting in his locker room. He is contemplating on who to ask to be his tag team match partner later tonight. He questions himself out loud, asking “who should I ask?” over and over again. Finally, Rey glances toward the side of the room, off camera. The camera pans over to show an American Flag framed on the wall. The camera fades to black.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

“MISTEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR… KENNEDYYYYY………… Kennedy!” Mr. Kennedy’s music echoes throughout the arena as he emerges from the back with a cocky smirk on his face. He makes his way down to the ring and is handed a microphone. His music fades out and Kennedy proceeds to introduce himself in his usual fashion. After his introduction, he clears his throat and prepares to speak.

Kennedy: Going into Judgment Day, everyone was under the assumption that I was absolutely terrified of the “Phenom.” Everyone was convinced that The Undertaker’s mind games had gotten to me. I had to burst all of your bubbles, but I was never afraid of The Undertaker. William Regal hit the nail on the head when he said that The Undertaker is just a man in his forties who still pretends to be a zombie. Now, I don’t like to boast, but I’ve got to admit… I beat The Undertaker at his own game! I beat The Undertaker… at playing MIND games. I had all of you fooled, and I had HIM fooled! Even “The Dead Man” thought I was scared of him! WRONG! But you know, I’m not out here tonight to brag about outsmarting the so-called Legend. No. Instead, I’m out here tonight to fill everyone in on something. Undertaker… for the last two years, the Great American Bash has been your killing field. Two years ago, it was Paul Bearer. Last year, you did away with Muhammad Hassan. This year, Undertaker, the Great American Bash… will be MY killing field. This year… Undertaker… I’m going to bury you! In fact, I’m going to Bury… You… ALIVE!

With that said, Kennedy’s music comes back over the speakers and he heads toward the back with a smile.

Overall Rating: 81%

Cruiserweight Championship

Super Crazy w/ Psicosis vs. Gregory Helms©

After a few moments, The Mexicools’ music hits the speakers. Out comes Super Crazy and Psicosis on their Juan Deeres. They makes their way down to the ring. They music soon fades out and the Cruiserweight Champion, Gregory Helms emerges from the back. Once he makes it to the ring, the match begins. Gregory Helms controls the match for the first minute or two. He gets Super Crazy down in the middle of the ring and heads to the top rope. Helms leaps off with a cross body connects!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the broadcast comes back on the air, Helms is still in control. However, Super Crazy is getting in more and more shots. This continues for a short while before Super Crazy continues to gain more momentum. Crazy’s momentum progresses for a couple of minutes before he manages to get control of the match. Late in the match, Jamie Noble and Kid Kash appear near the entrance way and begin to make their way toward the ring. Super Crazy goes to whip Helms into the ropes, but as he comes off the ropes he sees Noble and Kash and drops to the mat clutching his knee. He calls the referee over to check on him, and as the referee is doing so, Noble slides into the ring while Kash attacks Psicosis on the outside. Jamie Noble exchanges punches with Super Crazy before eventually catching him and getting him up for a Brainbuster… HE NAILS IT! Noble hurries out of the ring and heads up the ramp with Kid Kash. Helms wastes no time in getting to his feet and quickly walking over to Super Crazy. The referee looks confused by Helms’ miraculous recovery, but has to do his job and make the count as Helms goes for the cover. 1... 2... 3!

Winner: And STILL Cruiserweight Champion, Gregory Helms

Overall Rating: 72%

The cameras cut to the back to show Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury being verbally assaulted by Melina. She is pitching a fit about them losing the WWE Tag Team Titles to Paul London and Brian Kendrick. She rants and rants for a minute or so before stopping in mid sentence. She looks up at her clients and smiles.

Melina: Ya know what, boys? I have a plan.

Melina’s smile grows as Nitro and Mercury look at each other inquisitively.

Overall Rating: 73%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from the break to show Mike Mizanin standing outside, somewhere in the middle of the city. He looks rather excited.

Miz: Smackdown, I’ve been paying close attention to the product as of late, and I’ve come to decision. It’s time for Smackdown… and the Cruiserweight Division… to get a Reality Check, HOORAH! And guess what ladies and gentlemen?! That’s Reality Check… is coming… NEXT WEEK! HOORAH!!!

The cameras cut back to the arena as Lashley’s music comes over the speakers. The cameras show inside the ring for a brief moment, showing that there is now a blue canvas covering the ring mat. There is a table covered by a black cloth in the ring, with the 2006 King of the Ring trophy setting on it. Next to the table is WWE Announcer, Josh Matthews. Lashley emerges from the back to a decent pop, and makes his way to the ring. His music fades out.

Josh: Ladies and gentlemen, your 2006 KING… of the Ring, LASHLEY!

The crowd pops as Lashley plays to them in the ring.

Josh: Lashley, I would just like to say congratulations on your win. You’ve had quite an impressive run thus far here in the WWE, and defeating Kurt Angle to become the King of the Ring was no easy feat, I’m sure. So, on behalf of World Wrestling Entertainment, I’m happy to award you this trophy.

As Josh Matthews goes to pick up the King of the Ring trophy, he is interrupted by the sound of JBL’s music. Lashley spins around to face the entrance way as JBL walks out from the back with the United States Championship over his shoulder, and a microphone in his hand. He begins talking while still making his way down toward the ring.

JBL: Whoa, whoa, whoa. How are you going to have a celebration, and not invite the United States Champion? How are you not going to invite JBL to such an important event? I’m hurt. I’m disappointed. These people… these… morons… don’t want to see YOU and your celebration. They want to see ME! They want to see a wrestling… god!

JBL gets into the ring and stands directly in front of Lashley.

JBL: As a matter of fact, boy. This isn’t even a real celebration. You cannot HAVE a real celebration… a real… American… celebration, without a great American like myself - The United States Champion! So why don’t you do everyone, and yourself, a favor, and get out of my ring and stop wasting my time, son.

Lashley doesn’t move.

JBL: Did you not hear me? I said get out of my ring.

Lashley still doesn’t move.

JBL: You’re asking for it, punk. Get the hell out of my ring!

Lashley looks away briefly, and then swings at JBL, knocking him to the mat! JBL - shocked - gets to his feet only to get leveled again. JBL gets up once more and swings at Lashley, but Lashley blocks and follows up with a number of punches. Lashley sends JBL into the ropes and then catches him and throws him like a rag doll with an overhead Belly-to-Belly. While JBL is down, Lashley moves the trophy off of the table and drags the table to the middle of the ring. Lashley turns and pulls JBL to his feet… Uh oh! He gets him up for the Dominator! OH!!! THROUGH THE TABLE!!! JBL IS OUT COLD! I wonder what it’s like to be taken out with a move that your former tag team partner made famous? Lashley talks a bit of trash to JBL before picking up his trophy and heading to the back as his music once again plays over the speakers.

Overall Rating: 65%

The cameras cut to the back as Kurt Angle is walking down a corridor. Out of nowhere, Rey Mysterio appears on the screen and comes up to Angle. Mysterio asks him to be tag team partner in his match that is coming up next. Angle doesn’t even hesitate to accept. Mysterio thanks him and they walk off screen.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

Chris Benoit and Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle

When the show comes back from commercials, all four men are in the ring already, and the two teams are face to face as Rey Mysterio’s music plays in the background. The music fades out, and a moment or two later, Finlay and Kurt Angle are starting out the match. This match goes about as your basic tag team match, Mysterio of course plays the baby face in peril. Benoit and Finlay make frequent tags, keeping Mysterio away from his corner. This goes on for a good three minutes before the show takes its last commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show comes back from commercials, Finlay is in the ring with Rey Mysterio, beating the ever loving hell out of him. This continues for a few moments until Finlay tags in Benoit. Benoit comes into the ring and starts where Finlay left off. Benoit continues the beating until sending Mysterio into the ropes. Mysterio baseball slides between Benoit’s legs and quickly gets to his feet, drop kicking Benoit in the back. Mysterio dives across the ring and make the hot tag to Kurt Angle! Angle storms into the ring, as does Finlay. Angle takes Finlay down with an overhead Belly-to-Belly Suplex! Benoit gets to his feet and swings at Kurt Angle. Angle ducks and catches Benoit with a German Suplex! Finlay gets back to his feet and runs at Angle! Angle side steps and tosses Finlay over the top rope! Finlay gets to his feet and Mysterio sends himself off the ropes and runs toward the opposite ropes, springing over Kurt’s shoulders, over the top rope, to the outside, directly onto Finlay! In the ring, Benoit finally makes his way to his feet only to get caught with THE ANGLE SLAM!!! Angle goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! Kurt Angle has pinned the World Heavyweight Champion!!! Angle’s music hits the speakers as he celebrates inside the ring. Benoit rolls out of the ring and is handed his title belt as he and Finlay head toward the back. Mysterio gets back into the ring and celebrates with Angle as the show goes off the air.

Winners: Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle

Overall Rating: 75%

Overall Show Rating: 68%

Television Rating: 5.79

Attendance: 8,044

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

Number One Contender

June 5, 2006

Last week, we witnessed a new John Cena cheat to get a victory over Rob Van Dam in a tag team match. It has been announced that this week, while WWE Champion Edge has the night off, John Cena will be taking on Triple H to determine a number one contender for Edge’s title at Vengeance. Will Rob Van Dam get involved in this contest?

Vince McMahon announced last week that Shelton Benjamin will defend his Intercontinental Championship at Vengeance against Carlito, Chavo Guerrero, and Chris Masters. This week, the teams from the last two weeks, will once again be altered. This time, Chavo Guerrero will be teaming up with Chris Masters to take on the team of Carlito and Shelton Benjamin! Also, Shawn Michaels was brutalized in a “tag team” match against Vince, Shane, and Jericho last week. Will the Heartbreak Kid have anything to say this week?

Big Show will be out this week as a result of Kane’s ruthless attack last week. It is unsure if Big Show will even be cleared to wrestle at Vengeance. Will Kane’s mean streak continue this week when he takes on Eugene in one-on-one action?

The World Tag Team Champions, The Spirit Squad will be back in action this week when the defend their titles. Will they still be the champions heading into Vengeance in six days?

All this and much more on Monday Night RAW (9/8 CT; USA Network).

IPB Image

Monday June 5, 2006

Live! From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

As the broadcast begins, the opening video package set to the tune of “Across The Nation” plays through, which is followed by the cameras showing around the arena and showing the stage as the pyro goes off. The song continues to play as Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler welcome the viewing audience. They talk briefly about tonight‘s show before the music of Shawn Michaels hits the speakers. He makes his way out to a nice ovation and he heads down to the ring, looking like he‘s all business tonight. Once he is in the ring, he is handed a microphone and his music fades out.

HBK: Ya know… it’s gotten to the point that… that I just don’t care anymore. Every week I come out here, and every week I get ambushed by Vince and his lackeys. It’s getting old, Vince, much like yourself. And this all started because of what? Because I told you to get over 1997 and move on? Vince, that was SEVEN MONTHS AGO. I’m getting sick of this, and these fans are getting sick of this! You can beat me down every week, Vince… but if you haven’t noticed yet - when it comes down to it, I win every time it really counts. WrestleMania. Backlash. I beat you both times. So why can’t this just be done with? What am I gonna have to do, to get you off my back? It’s getting out of hand. I mean, last week you put me in a handicap match against you, your son, and Jericho… with my partner being… Goldust? Then, miraculously, Goldust gets taken out in the back. Gee, I wonder who could’ve done that? Hmm! So then, I’m forced to take on all three of you by myself in what you still - for some reason - called a “tag team match.” Yeah, you tagged each other in, big deal. Handicap match, that’s all it was. Face it Vince, I’ve beat you one-on-one, and I’ve beat you AND Shane at the same time! So now, you’re trying to stack the odds against me a little bit more. “Let’s make Shane McMahon the special referee in HBK’s match against Jericho!” Oh, what a wonderful idea, Vince! If the “Genetic Jackhammer” and the product of his semen can’t beat me in a handicap match, what makes you think that Semen-Boy and Y2Jackoff will be able to beat me? It’s not happ…

Suddenly, Jericho slides into the ring out of nowhere and attacks HBK from behind. Jericho gets in a handful of shots before Shawn Michaels starts to fight back. They exchange punches back and forth for a few moments. Shawn Michaels eventually gets control and has Jericho staggering… SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!! Jericho is out cold!

Overall Rating: 86%

As soon as Jericho falls to the mat, Shane McMahon and Vince McMahon are right there in the ring behind Shawn Michaels, attacking him from behind. They take it to him for a good little while until Jericho gets back to his feet and starts to aid in the beating. Vince and Shane pull HBK up to his feet and… WHAM! Chris Jericho blasts Shawn Michaels with a steel chair! HBK is busted open! Jericho and Vince laugh it off while Shane yells at the unconscious Shawn Michaels about how he’s going to call the match at Vengeance right down the middle. Vince’s music hits the speakers and the three head to the back together.

Overall Rating: 84%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Tag Team Championships

Danny Morrison and Michael Depali vs. The Spirit Squad©

When the show comes back from commercials, two unknown wrestlers are already standing in the ring. They are announced as Danny Morrison and Michael Depali. Fans who look close enough might recognize them as Danny Doring and Roadkill from ECW. After they are introduced, The Spirit Squad’s music hits the speakers. They all make their way down to the ring and it is decided that Johnny and Mikey will be the ones to defend the titles. The match is rather simple, with the remaining members of the Spirit Squad interfering every chance they get. Morrison and Depali get in very little offense. It comes down to Morrison and Johnny in the ring together. Johnny sends Morrison into the ropes and then catches him with his Johnny-Go-Round kick. Johnny goes for the cover as Mikey runs across the ring to stop Depali. 1... 2... 3! The Spirit Squad grab their belts and make their way to the back.

Winners: And STILL World Tag Team Champions, The Spirit Squad

Overall Rating: 67%

The cameras focus on Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler for a few moments as they discuss tonight’s main event between John Cena and Triple H for the number one contendership for the WWE title. Joey Styles then says that he is receiving word that there is a problem in the back. The cameras cut to the back to show a huge brawl that has broken out between Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Val Venis, Viscera (none of which are even supposed to be in the building tonight), and all five members of the Spirit Squad. They brawl continues for a while, with many things in the back being broken and/or damaged. Finally, a group of agents rush onto the scene and break everyone up.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns from commercials, The WWE Slam of the Week is shown. The video shows what occurred between Kane and the Big Show last week.

Singles Match

Eugene vs. Kane

The cameras cut back to the ring as Eugene runs around the ring pretending to be an airplane while his music plays in the background. Suddenly, his music is cut off by the explosion of Kane’s pyro and his music. Eugene jumps and curls up in the corner in fear as Kane makes his way down to the ring. Kane quickly enters the ring and goes after Eugene, not with wrestling moves, but with straight punches and kicks. Kane has completely lost it. As he’s brutalizing Eugene, he maintains an ear to ear grin. Kane sends Eugene into the ropes… Big Boot! Kane signals that he’s going to go for the Chokeslam as Eugene staggers to his feet. CHOKESLAM! Kane looks down at Eugene with a smile, but doesn’t go for the pin. Instead, he pulls Eugene up once more and gets him up on his shoulder… TOMBSTONE! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Kane

Overall Rating: 77%

Kane gets to his feet and laughs. He starts to walk backward, heading to the ropes, but he runs into something on the way. Kane stops. He turns around and comes face to face with a bandaged up Big Show. They go nose to nose and exchange some words before they begin to exchange punches. Kane gets in a few solid shots, but before long is overwhelmed by Big Show. Big Show fights him back into the ropes and then clotheslines him over the top to the outside. Big Show heads to the outside as well, where he continues to beat down on Kane. Big Show slams Kane’s head off of the announce table, and then clobbers him with the ring bell. While Kane is down, Big Show tears the ring steps apart and picks up the top half. Kane sits up and then gets to his feet. Big Show charges at him and BLASTS him in the face with the ring steps! Kane drops to the floor and Big Show tosses the steps aside. Kane rolls over onto his back to reveal that he is badly busted open. Big Show smiles as he towers over the bloody Kane.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

Carlito and Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Masters and Chavo Guerrero

Back from the commercial break and the tag team match has already begun. Carlito and Masters are the legal men, and Masters is in control. Masters maintains control as Shelton Benjamin refuses to be tagged in every time Carlito gets a chance. At the same time, Chris Masters refuses to tag in Chavo, not that Chavo wants to be tagged in anyway. Masters sends Carlito into the ropes and nails him with the same double sledge move that broke Steven Richards’ nose when Masters debuted. Masters measures Carlito up, and as soon as Carlito is to his feet, Masters locks in the Masterlock! Carlito tries to fight it, but Masters drags him around the ring, eventually backing into his own corner. Chavo makes the blind tag and hurries into the ring. A few seconds later, Masters - the slow moron that he is - finally realizes that Chavo tagged himself in. Chavo goes for a drop kick on Carlito, but Masters - again, being an idiot - releases the hold and gets a drop kick to the face from Chavo! Masters stumbles backward and falls between the top and middle ropes to the outside. Chavo gets to his feet, confused and backs into a Backcracker from Carlito! Carlito goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! Carlito gets to his feet in celebration and turns around… EXPLODER! Shelton just took out his own partner with the Exploder! Shelton is handed his championship belt and he poses on the second rope as the screen fades to black.

Winners: Carlito and Shelton Benjamin

On the screen appears a video package. The video shows clips leading into WrestleMania of Triple H and John Cena. The video them shows Rob Van Dam winning the Money In The Bank, followed by clips of the John Cena/Triple H match itself. The video then goes on to show all of the event leading into Backlash between Rob Van Dam and Shelton Benjamin, as well as Edge, Triple H, and John Cena. Following the Backlash recap, the video goes into the events that have been occurring between Triple H, Rob Van Dam, John Cena, and Edge, all the way up until last week. The video comes to a close as we see Triple H and John Cena standing face to face one more time. The video fades to black.

WWE Championship Number One Contender Match

John Cena vs. Triple H

The cameras cut back to the arena as John Cena’s music hits the speakers. He makes his way out from the back to a chorus of boos. John Cena makes his way down to the ring and climbs in. Once in the ring, his music is cut off by Triple H’s. Triple H emerges from behind the curtain to a rather large ovation. He makes his way down to the ring and climbs up onto the apron to do the “spritz” when John Cena attacks him from behind! Hunter’s music stops abruptly and the lights in the arena return to normal as John Cena heads to the outside after Triple H.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show comes back from the break, John Cena is completely destroying Triple H in the ring. Triple H tries to fight back but to no avail, as John Cena uses cheap tactics to keep the upper hand. John Cena’s offense continues for a few minutes before he finally locks Triple H in the STFU in the middle of the ring! It’s WrestleMania all over again! Cena doesn’t let up on the hold and Triple H has no where to go! The referee raises his hand once. It falls! Twice. It falls! A Third time. NO! Triple H stops his hand and he’s still in this! Triple H struggles and fights his way up off the mat, over powering John Cena. Realizing this, Cena breaks the hold and simply delivers some vicious forearms to the back of Triple H’s head. Cena continues to club him as he fights his way to his feet. Once on his feet, the two begin to exchange punches. Once again, John Cena gets the better of Triple H and starts to gain some momentum. John Cena whips Triple H toward the ropes - wait! - no! - Triple H reverses and sends Cena into the ropes… SPINEBUSTER! Both men are down! Triple H crawls over and goes for the cover! 1... 2... CENA KICKS OUT! Triple H struggles to his feet and pulls Cena up to his. Triple H levels Cena with a right hand! Cena quickly gets back up and receives yet ANOTHER Spinebuster! Triple H doesn’t even bother for the cover, and instead heads to the outside. He reaches under the ring and pulls out the sledgehammer to a huge ovation from the crowd. Triple H climbs into the ring and charges at Cena with the sledgehammer… NO! Cena pulls the referee into the bath and the referee has been LEVELED by the sledgehammer! Cena hurries to his feet and NAILS Triple H with the FU! He goes for the cover but realizes there is no referee now. Cena gets to his feet and turns around. WHAT THE HELL! RVD is in the ring and throws his briefcase at Cena! Cena catches the briefcase… VAN DAMINATOR! RVD picks his briefcase up and hops out of the ring. Triple H slowly gets to his feet and sees Cena down. He looks outside the ring and sees Rob Van Dam with a smile on his face. Triple H pulls Cena to his feet and sets him up for the Pedigree… HE NAILS IT! Another referee comes running down the ramp and slides into the ring as Triple H goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! Triple H will challenge Edge for the WWE Championship at Vengeance! On the outside of the ring, Rob Van Dam is yelling to John Cena that he will see him in six days! It looks like it will be John Cena versus Rob Van Dam at Vengeance, also! The camera fixes on Triple H with a smile on his face as he poses on the second rope with his sledgehammer. The show fades to black.

Winner: And Number One Contender To The WWE Championship, Triple H

Overall Show Rating: 82%

Television Rating: 6.51

Attendance: 8,034

Credit WWE.com

Stepping Up

June 9, 2006

Last Friday, Kurt Angle teamed up with Rey Mysterio to take on the World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit and Finlay. Much to the surprise of the fans, Kurt Angle managed to pin Chris Benoit. Traditionally, pinning the champion entitles you to a shot at his belt. Will Kurt Angle step up and challenge Chris Benoit, or Rey Mysterio get his rematch? Perhaps we will find out, but already signed for this week is a huge six-man tag team match. Kurt Angle will team up with Matt Hardy and new-comer, Gunner Scott, to take on Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly, and Booker T. Let’s not forget about Finlay. Will Rey Mysterio take action against Finlay this week in return for last week’s attack?

Lashley defeated Kurt Angle at Judgment Day to be crowned the 2006 King of the Ring. He was set to have his celebration and be rewarded last week on Smackdown. However, the United States Champion interrupted the celebration, only to be decimated by Lashley. What is in store for these two this week?

Last week, Melina told her boys that she had a plan to regain the WWE Tag Team Championships. Will she reveal her plan this week? Also, Smackdown’s newest talent, Mike Mizanin stated last week that Smackdown and Cruiserweight Division were in need of a Reality Check, and that it would happen this week. What does The Miz have in mind?

Don’t miss all of this and much more this week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN.

IPB Image

Friday June 9, 2006

Live! From Fort Wayne, Indiana

The show comes on the air with the usual video package. As soon as the video package is over, the cameras cut to the arena. There is no opening pyro and no continuation of the theme song. Instead, RANDY ORTON’S theme song comes over the speakers to the surprise of the fans. Orton emerges from the back in an expensive looking suit with a cocky smirk on his face. He makes his way to the ring with a microphone in his hand. Once he’s in the ring, his music fades out.

Orton: Yeah, yeah, yeah. You’re all wondering: “What’s this guy doing here? They suspended him two months ago! Not to mention I read those reports on the internet that WWE was letting his contract expire!” Well guess what you morons? The rumors you read on the internet ARE NEVER TRUE! I’m not going ANYWHERE! Randy Orton is here to stay. And I’m not here without a purpose. Oh, no. I’m here because I’m going after the World Heavyweight Champion! I’m going after Chris Benoit!

The crowd cheers a little bit since he’s going after the heel champion.

Orton: No, no, no! Don’t cheer me! I still hate all of you just as much as I ever have! I’m not going after Benoit for you people! I’m going after Benoit for his TITLE! I’m going after Benoit for ME! Chris Benoit, I am the one who ended your first title reign, and I’m going to end your LAST title reign! Because, when I end your reign this time… I’m not just ending your reign. I’m ending your career! I am the LEGEND KILLER, and you… well, you’re close enough to being a Legend! Ben…

Randy Orton is cut off when he is attacked from behind by a group of unfamiliar men.

The beating continues for a while, with Orton first receiving a Spike Double Underhook Piledriver from two of the men. He is then pulled back up and set atop the top rope before the third man picks him up for Double Leg-Capture Brainbuster, some may recognize it as a modified Cradle Breaker. Finally, Orton is lifted up one more time as the final man kicks him in the midsection and nails him with a Spinning Sit-Out Pedigree! All four men stand in the center of the ring, hovering over Randy Orton’s unconscious carcass. It is now very apparent that the first two men to attack Orton were none other than CM Punk and Colt Cabana, the third man was Samoa Joe, and the fourth man, who is being handed a microphone, is the Fallen Angel himself, Christopher Daniels!

Daniels: Randy Orton, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you’re not going after anyone’s title. No way. Let me introduce ourselves. Randy, for the last couple of years, people have been hyping you up to be the future of World Wrestling Entertainment. The young guy that will one day carry this company. The new blood of WWE if you will. The fact of the matter is, Randy… you’re finished! All of the momentum you had was killed in 2004 and you’ve never recovered. You never WILL recover! Let me put it this way, Randy. You’re no longer the new blood in this company. WE… are the New Blood, of World Wrestling Entertainment. And, you’re going to find this out first hand next week, when Joe here destroys you in this ring!

Daniels tosses the microphone to a crew member at ring side as the group that apparently calls themselves the New Blood of the WWE heads to the back. After a few moments, Randy Orton starts to stir as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Joey Mercury w/ Johnny Nitro and Melina vs. Brian Kendrick w/ Paul London

The show comes back from commercials as MNM’s music hits the speakers. The group makes their way out from the back and heads to the ring. Their music is soon cut off by the music of the WWE Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick. They head to the ring and London heads to the outside, as do Johnny Nitro and Melina. The bell rings to start the match. At first, the match goes back and forth. However, that is quickly changed due to the outside interference from Johnny Nitro. After that, Mercury gains some momentum. A few moments later, Nitro has not cut back on the interference, and is finally caught trying to trip Brian Kendrick by the referee. The referee yells at him and Melina, signaling them to the head to the back! The referee has barred Nitro and Melina from ringside! Mercury is throwing a fit inside the ring. With Mercury momentarily distracted, Kendrick goes for a roll up, but Mercury kicks out! Brian Kendrick stays on offense though, and gets in a few more near falls on Mercury. Slowly, Mercury starts to gain some momentum. At this point, Melina starts to creep back down the ramp, staying undetected by the referee, let alone anyone in the ring. She approaches the apron and stops as Mercury goes to whip Kendrick into the ropes. Kendrick reverses! As Mercury hits the ropes, Melina trips him up! Mercury spins around and questions her. Melina hops onto the apron and grabs Mercury’s head, hopping back off the apron and causing Mercury’s throat to go right onto the rope, sending him bouncing back up and staggering backward. He spins around and walks right into Brian Kendrick, who grabs his head and runs up the ropes… SLICED BREAD No. 2! Kendrick goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3! As soon as the bell rings, Melina slides into the ring and starts celebrating with London and Kendrick. They look confused at first, but then welcome her into the celebration. The three of them then head toward the back together. Was this what she meant by a plan? To join the champions and ditch the losers?

Winner: Brian Kendrick

Overall Rating: 89%

The cameras cut to the back to show Kurt Angle standing with Kristal Marshall.

Kristal: Kurt, since you pinned the World Heavyweight Champion last week, that traditionally would earn you a title shot. However, Rey Mysterio still has his rematch waiting for him against Chris Benoit. This has had many people asking, will you be challenging Chris Benoit for his title, or will Rey Mysterio?

Angle: Kristal, I have no idea what Rey Mysterio’s plans are. Truth is, I really don’t care. Mysterio was a great champion, and a deserving champion, but the fact is, he lost the belt. What he does now doesn’t concern me. However, I have talked to General Manager Teddy Long, and I’ll tell you right now… I WILL be challenging Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight title at the Great American Bash! Not only will I be challenging… I’ll be winning! Oh, it’s true! It’s DAMN true!

Kurt Angle walks off screen as Kristal smiles. The camera fades.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

Lashley and Rey Mysterio vs. JBL and Finlay

When the show returns, Lashley and Mysterio are already in the ring and Mysterio’s music is still playing. Finlay’s music comes on next and he makes his way to the ring with his shillelagh. Once he is in the ring, JBL’s music hits. JBL’s limo pulls out next to the entrance way. The driver gets out and opens the back door, enabling JBL to climb out wearing his United States Championship belt. JBL and Mysterio start out the match. JBL dominates for the most part, except for when Mysterio is using his speed to evade him. This continues for a few couple of minutes until Mysterio manages to land a drop kick to JBL’s knee. Mysterio leaps across the ring and makes a desperation tag to Lashley, who storms into the ring and immediately takes it to JBL. Lashley ties up with JBL and overpowers him, backing him into a corner. Little does Lashley realize though, that he has backed JBL into his own corner. Finlay makes a blind tag but stays on the apron. JBL gets an opening and overpowers Lashley, putting him in the corner where he chokes him with his boot. JBL lets go before the referee reaches a five count and steps back as Lashley staggers out of the corner and into a Side Walk Slam. JBL pulls Lashley to his feet and goes to whip him, but Lashley reverses and as JBL comes off the ropes, he catches him with a huge Belly to Belly Suplex! Lashley hurries over to the corner and tags in Mysterio. As soon as Mysterio enters the ring, JBL comes from behind and attacks Lashley, sending him to the outside. JBL follows him out and continues to beat on him. Mysterio looks to the outside as he questions what to do. Suddenly, Finlay, who is in fact the legal man, attacks him from behind. Finlay puts quite a beating on Mysterio, evening hitting him with the Celtic Cross, before heading to the outside to grab his shillelagh. Finlay climbs back into the ring and charges at Mysterio with the shillelagh, only to be caught with a drop toe hold into the middle rope! The shillelagh flies out of the ring as Mysterio comes off the ropes… 619!!! Mysterio plays to the crowd on the apron and Finlay stumbles around in the ring… WEST COAST POP! Mysterio goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! Mysterio’s music hits as he flees the ring. The cameras show JBL on the outside who looks up from beating on Lashley. JBL realizes what has happened and climbs back in the ring, throwing a fit and yelling at Finlay.

Winners: Lashley and Rey Mysterio

The cameras cut to the back as William Regal is walking around backstage. He turns a corner and runs into Burchill.

Regal: Not you again!

Burchill: You walked into me. But, now that I have your attention, I may as well remind you that things still aren’t over between us.

Regal: Piss off…

Regal turns around to walk away, but instead walks right into someone. The camera zooms out to reveal that it is Batista. Batista smiles.

Batista: Hey.

Regal quivers in fear before hurrying off. Batista laughs and then turns to look at Burchill.

Batista: Are you wearing make-up?

Burchill draws his sword and checks his reflection in the blade. He is in fact wearing eyeliner.

Burchill: Why, yes.

With that, Burchill turns and walks off screen. Batista stands there for a moment and then shrugs.

Non-Title Match

Mike Mizanin vs. Gregory Helms©

The cameras cut back to the ring as the Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms makes his way down to the ring. Once he is in the ring, he hands his title belt to the referee, who hands it to someone at ringside. Finally, the music of new-comer Mike Mizanin hits the speakers. The Miz makes his way down to the ring and as soon as he slides in, Helms attacks him. Helms continues with numerous stiff shots, completely taking it to Miz.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show comes back from commercials, Gregory Helms is visibly upset. This is because during the break, The Miz was able to get in quite a few shots on the Cruiserweight Champion. It seems that Helms’ shots have become even stiffer, but that doesn’t stop The Miz from gradually gaining some momentum. Miz eventually hooks Helms for the Mizard of Oz, but Helms counters out and hits the Nightmare on Helms Street! Helms goes for the cover! 1... 2... WHAT THE HELL!? Helms gets pulled out of the ring by… Nunzio! Inside the ring, Miz grabs onto the referee and distracts him as Nunzio gets in a handful of shots on the outside before tossing Helms back into the ring. Miz lets go over the referee and pulls Helms to his feet. MIZMERIZER! 1... 2... 3! Miz flees the ring with Nunzio as Helms sits in the ring in disbelief.

Winner: Mike Mizanin

Overall Rating: 78%

The cameras cut to the back to show Mr. Kennedy sitting in his locker room. He is staring at a television screen. The camera pans around to reveal that he is watching old Buried Alive Matches, studying them thoroughly. As he is watching the match from Smackdown in September of 1999 between The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Mankind, the television starts to be overcome by static. The feed of the video completely cuts out on the television, and as Kennedy watches nothing by static and bangs on the television set, a faint voice can be heard through the speakers. Not sure if he really heard anything or not, Kennedy stops beating on the set. Kennedy sits back for a few seconds before the voice once again can be heard. This time, it is clear that the voice says “I will bury you…” Kennedy can’t believe what he has heard, and quickly turns off the television set. He stares at it for a few seconds and then heads out of the room.

Six-Man Tag Team Match

Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly, and Booker T vs. Kurt Angle, Gunner Scott, and Matt Hardy

The cameras cut to the arena as Gunner Scott’s music hits the speakers. Once he is in the ring, Matt Hardy’s music interrupts his. Matt makes his way down to the ring before Kurt Angle’s music comes over the speakers. Once Kurt Angle is in the ring, the show fades into a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from commercials as Hardcore Holly is already making his way down the ramp. He stops right where the floor padding begins and Booker T’s music hits. Booker T makes his way out from the back without Sharmell and does his usual entrance. He heads toward the ring and stops where Holly is. His music fades out and after a couple of seconds, Chris Benoit’s music comes over the speakers as the crowd erupts into boos. Benoit emerges from the back with the World Heavyweight title belt around his waist. He unfastens the belt as he walks toward the ring. As he reaches Booker and Holly, he drops the belt and the three all run and slide into the ring together. The three faces attack them as they slide in, but they fight their way up and a three-on-three brawl ensues. Booker T and Matt Hardy focus on one another, while Holly and Gunner battle it out. Kurt and Benoit exchange their blows as well. This continues for a few moments until the referee manages to get everyone into their corners as Holly and Matt Hardy remain in the middle of the ring as the legal men. Holly gains control of the match and it remains that way for a while, with Holly making frequent tags to Benoit and Booker T. Eventually, Hardy ends up in the ring with Hardcore Holly again and starts to gain a little momentum. Not very much, but just enough to get him an opening to make the tag to Gunner Scott. Gunner hurries into the ring to a decent pop from the crowd, and gets in quite a few shots on Hardcore. His offense is short lived, however, as the veteran Hardcore Holly gains momentum with incredibly stiff shots. After a few moments however, Holly goes for a clothesline, but Gunner ducks behind him and catches him off guard with a HUGE German Suplex! Holly manages to get to his feet with a look of disbelief. He quickly approaches the corner and tags in Chris Benoit. Benoit enters the ring and goes face to face with Gunner Scott. The crowd actually pops quite loudly to the face off. They lock up, and after a few seconds, Benoit manages to over power him. Benoit takes control of the match from this point. After a few moments, Benoit sends Scott into the ropes. As he comes off, Benoit catches him for a Belly-to-Belly, but NO! Scott reverses, using the momentum of coming off the ropes to spin around and toss Benoit across the ring with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex of his own! Scott dives for the corner and makes the hot tag to Angle! Angle storms into the ring, as does Hardcore Holly! Holly goes for a punch but Angle ducks… GERMAN SUPLEX! Booker T storms the ring and does the same, only to get a German Suplex as well! Benoit gets to his feet and walks right into Angle… BELLY-TO-BELLY! Angle is on fire!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from its last commercial break, Booker T and Matt Hardy are brawling on the outside, as are Hardcore Holly and Gunner Scott. Inside the ring, Kurt Angle is still taking it to Benoit. On the outside, Holly sends Scott into the ring steps HARD, dislodging the top half in the process. On the other side of the ring, Matt Hardy has Booker T up against the corner of the barricade and is laying into him with punches. Back inside the ring, Kurt Angle has just hit the trio of German Suplexes and is measuring Benoit up for the Angle Slam! Benoit gets to his feet and Kurt hooks him for it and lifts him up… NO! Benoit counters out of it and gets benoit Angle… ANGLE SLAM ON KURT ANGLE! Benoit just used Angle’s own move! He goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! The World Heavyweight Champion just pinned his Great American Bash challenger! The brawling on the outside continues as Benoit is handed his belt. He holds it high in the air as the show fades.

Winners: Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly, and Booker T

Overall Show Rating: 79%

Television Rating: 5.91

Attendance: 8,043

Credit WWE.com

Vengeance Shall Be Yours

June 11, 2006

WWE Championship

In the weeks leading into Backlash, Triple H, John Cena, and Edge had their fair share of problems. When Backlash finally rolled around, Triple H had John Cena defeated until Edge stole the victory. As the weeks went by, Edge continued to steal victory after victory, while at the same time, the issues between John Cena and Triple H raged on. The issues between the two would ultimately lead to a number one contender match in which Triple H would be victorious thanks to Rob Van Dam. There is no love lost between Triple H and the WWE Champion, Edge and thusly this is expected to be a brutal encounter. Can Triple H lay claim to being an eleven time WWE Champion?

Against All Odds

The night after Backlash, Vince McMahon ordered Shawn Michaels to partake in a Last Man Standing Match against him. During the match, following a nine month hiatus, Chris Jericho returned to the WWE only to attack Michaels and cost him the match. Since then, Chris Jericho has aided the WWE Chairman, Vince McMahon, in making Shawn Michael’s life a living hell. There is no doubt that the odds are stacked in Chris Jericho’s favor, as Vince has appointed his own son, Shane McMahon as the Special Guest Referee of the bout. Can Shawn Michaels overcome the odds?

Who Stopped Caring?

Three weeks ago on RAW, Rob Van Dam was given a chance to earn a WWE title shot without having to use his Money In The Bank contract. In order to do so, he would have to defeat the WWE Champion, Edge in a non-title bout. In a hard fought battle, Rob Van Dam was getting close to defeating the champion, until John Cena tried to attack Edge, but mistakenly took out RVD, inevitably costing him the match. That same night, John Cena finally snapped and attacked Triple H. The following week, John Cena would address the fans and state that he stopped caring about everyone, because everyone stopped caring about him. Rob Van Dam would then interrupt him, saying that he still cared because John Cena cost him a title shot. That night, John Cena would go on to pin Rob Van Dam in a tag team match using a handful of tights. Seven days later, John Cena would face Triple H for the number one contendership to Edge’s WWE title. Rob Van Dam would cost John Cena the match, bringing on this bout. Who will come out on top?

First Blood

Leading into WrestleMania, these two men were an unstoppable force in the tag team division. The most dominate tag team the WWE had ever seen. They went into WrestleMania as the World Tag Team Champions, and left just the same. However, the next night on RAW, they would lose their titles to the Spirit Squad. In the weeks leading up to Backlash, Kane snapped and a brutal feud between the former champions followed. Their match at Backlash ended in a draw when it became a brawl, and far too much for the referee to handle. The weeks following Backlash would bare witness to each man making the other bleed on more than one occasion, which would bring about the signing of a First Blood Match. It goes without saying that in this contest, both men are only out for blood.

Intercontinental Championship

Following WrestleMania, Carlito and Chris Masters would end their alliance when Carlito turned on his partner. Since then, both men have interjected themselves into the hunt for the Intercontinental Championship. After Backlash, Chavo Guerrero would once again challenge Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental Championship, only to have the match end in a no contest due to interference from Chris Masters. This would prompt Carlito to make the save. The next few weeks would see all four men basically turn on one another as the greed for the Intercontinental Championship would over come them. As a brawl between the four broke out in the back, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon would happen to walk by and announce a Fatal Four-Way for the title. Who will come out on top in this risky match up in which the champion doesn’t even need to lose to lose his title?

The top three tag teams on RAW all want the same thing. That is, the World Tag Team Championships. The feud between The V Spot and the Spirit Squad would escalate when Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch rejoined as a tag team and went after the straps as well. The past several weeks have seen the three teams attacking one another, all in hopes of getting a title shot. The match for Vengeance, a three-way tag match, would eventually be signed. The rules for this contest will be a little different. Two men will be in the ring at a time, while each of the remaining contestants will be placed in each corner. The men in the ring can tag in anyone they want. This means that partners may be forced to fight one another. Can the champions keep the titles around their waists?

All of this and MUCH more on Sunday night, June 11, LIVE on Pay-Per-View as WWE RAW presents Vengeance at 8/7 CT.

IPB Image

Sunday June 11, 2006

Live! From New York, New York

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: RAW’s Vengeance on PPV

The usual WWE opening video takes place, the one that ends with the “The Power Is Back” screen. Immediately following that is a video package highlighting the events that have brought about tonight’s Triple H versus Edge title match. The video ends with a shot of Triple H and Edge face to face. As the video fades, the cameras cut to the arena as the opening pyrotechnics go off. The cameras pan around the arena showing off all of the cheering fans the signs throughout the building. A couple of the signs include a sign for Triple H that features a picture of him with a crown sitting on a throne that says “The King of Kings.” Another one is a drawing of Rob Van Dam with arms that move to do his thumb pointing taunt. While all of this is going on, Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler welcome the viewing audience before Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch’s music hits the speakers.

The V Spot vs. Cade and Murdoch vs. The Spirit Squad©

After Cade and Murdoch are in the ring, The V Spot comes out. They are then followed by the entire Spirit Squad. Everyone is aware of the special rules for this match. Once the Spirit Squad is in the ring, Mikey is handed a microphone.

Mikey: Now guys, before we defend these titles tonight, we’ve written a special cheer… JUST for all of you!

The Spirit Squad lines up and prepares to do their cheer.

Spirit Squad: IT’S OKAY! IT’S ALRIGHT! THERE’S NO WAY WE’LL LOSE TONIGHT! NOW DON’T WHINE! AND DON’T FUSS! BUT YOU’LL BE FACING ALL OF US!

The Spirit Squad laughs at the announcement as the other two teams complain amongst themselves. Joey Styles fills in the viewing audience that while one member of each team will be in each corner, while the two legal men are in the ring, there will in fact be TWO members of the Spirit Squad in two of the corners, as all five members of the group will be legal. With that, Kenny and Murdoch start the match. The match goes back and forth quite a bit. Eventually, Murdoch starts to gain momentum, and Kenny makes a quick tag to Val Venis. Val enters the ring as Kenny’s team mates yell at him from across the ring for not tagging in one of them. Val and Murdoch go back and forth a little bit, but Murdoch ends up dragging him to a corner and tagging in Cade. They get in a quick double team before Murdoch exits to the apron. Cade keeps the upper hand for a little while, and then makes another tag to Murdoch, making sure they both stay fresh. Murdoch enters the ring once again, and continues to take it to Val. Murdoch starts to get cocky after a while, which enables Val to get in some shots. Val gains momentum and eventually tags out to… Lance Cade! Cade enters the ring as all of the other contestants laugh at the fact that Cade and Murdoch have to fight one another. Cade and Murdoch stare each other down for a few seconds before smiling, and then proceeding to attack all of the other guys on the apron! With pretty much everyone down, Murdoch lays down in the middle of the ring and Cade goes for the pin! He’s going to pin his own partner to win them the titles! 1... 2... NO! The count is broken up by Mitch and Johnny! They drag Murdoch to their corner and force him to tag in Kenny. As soon as they do that, Cade quickly tags out to Viscera. Viscera enters the ring and starts decimating Kenny. Viscera drags Kenny over to the corner and tags in Val. They double team Kenny until the rest of the Spirit Squad rush into the ring to help! Val and Viscera take them all out at first, but the numbers game ends up coming into play. A brawl breaks out which ends up bring Cade and Murdoch into the ring as well. Cade, Murdoch, Viscera, Johnny, Mitch, Mikey, and Nicky all end up on the outside, leaving Val and Kenny in the ring. Kenny slams Val down to the mat and climbs up to the top rope. He SOARS off with his Leg Drop and nails it! He goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winners: And STILL World Tag Team Champions, The Spirit Squad

Overall Rating: 62%

The cameras cut to the back as Triple H stands next to Maria.

Maria: Ladies and gentlemen, I am here with Etch Etch Etch.

Triple H: It’s Triple H, babe.

Maria: I know! Hehe. That’s what I said! Etch Etch Etch! Three H’s!

Triple H: Nevermind.

Maria: Anywaaayyyss. Mr. H, what are your thoughts on your WWE title match later tonight against The Edge?

Triple H: My thoughts? Well, I think that I’m gonna make Edge my bitch. I think that I’m gonna make Edge cry LIKE a bitch. And, I think that you need to go back to grade school ‘cause you’re an idiot.

Maria: That’s so sweet! Thank you!

Triple H: … Wow. Anyway, you know. I take all that back - well, except the last part. I don’t THINK anything about tonight. I KNOW! I know I’m gonna make Edge my bitch! And I KNOW I’m gonna make Edge cry like the bitch that he already is! Ya know, Edge, it’s pretty sad when you’re more of a bitch than that slut of a girlfriend you’ve got. Just keep her away from me tonight, I don’t want to catch anything. Tonight, Edge, I become an ELEVEN time WWE Champion. Tonight, The King of Kings… goes back on his throne for good!

With that said, Triple H walks away as Maria giggles.

Intercontinental Championship

Carlito vs. Chris Masters vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Shelton Benjamin©

The cameras return to the arena as Chavo Guerrero makes his entrance. Once he is in the ring, Carlito’s music hits the speakers. Carlito makes his way to the ring and stares down Chavo. They exchange a few words as Chris Masters’ music cuts Carlito’s off. Masters does his usual entrance with the robe and the pyro before heading to the ring. He climbs in and has a few unkind words toward both men in the ring. Masters’ music fades out and a second or two later, Shelton Benjamin’s hits. Benjamin arrogantly makes his way to the ring with the belt around his waist, making sure to point out to all three men in the ring that it is his, and not theirs. Shelton enters the ring and all four men take a corner. The referee shows off the belt before calling for the bell. The four men measure each other up before Shelton and Masters team up to take out Carlito and Chavo. This seems to be the norm for the match, as the heels team up against the faces and vice versa. Occasionally, when there is an opening, they will attack their “partner” in an effort to get the upper hand, but things quickly go back to two against two. After a good five minutes or so, the team work starts to completely fall apart, with each man trying to pick up the pin over the other. As the match progresses, we see Carlito and Masters revert back to their alliance, as they begin teaming up against Shelton and Chavo. Together, they toss Chavo out of the ring and then lay a beating on Shelton. Masters backs off while Carlito continues to beat down on him. Suddenly, Masters comes from behind and locks the Masterlock on Carlito! Masters wrenches it on there, and it seems like Carlito is going to tap, but out of nowhere, Chavo is back in the ring and delivers a drop kick to the back of Masters! Carlito grabs his head and rolls out of the ring as Chavo and Shelton team up on Masters! They double team him for a moment before tossing him out of the ring. When this happens, Chavo takes his opportunity and gets the upper hand on Shelton Benjamin! Chavo gets Shelton down in the middle of the ring with the Three Amigos and then climbs to the top rope! FROG SPLASH! Shelton quickly rolls out of the ring as Carlito rolls in and sneaks up behind Chavo… BACKCRACKER! Carlito gets to his feet and plays to the crowd very briefly, but before he can go for the cover, Masters is right back into the ring and once again locks on the Masterlock! Shelton Benjamin is reeling on the outside and Chavo is out from the Backcracker! There is no one to break the hold! Masters tightens his grip and he jerks Carlito left and right! Carlito fights off the urge to tap out… The referee lifts Carlito’s hand and lets go. It falls! The referee calls for the bell! Masters jerks him back and forth a few more times before throwing him to the mat! Masters’ music hits the speakers as the referee hands him the Intercontinental belt. Masters celebrates with the belt before heading toward the back. Shelton Benjamin makes it to his feet on the outside by holding himself up on the apron. He looks on at Masters in disbelief.

Winner: And NEW Intercontinental Champion, Chris Masters

The show fades to black and then a video package begins to play. The video shows the highlights from when Kane and Big Show teamed up and won the World Tag Team Championships. It shows how dominate their reign was, showing clips from all of their defenses, as well as they win at WrestleMania. It then shows the next night on RAW when they were defeated by the Spirit Squad. The video then takes a darker tone as it shows the highlights of their feud thus far, showing clips of them attacking one another, and their match-turned-brawl at Backlash. The video then shows clips of them destroying each other on RAW following Backlash, including clips of them busting one another open, and assaulting each other with the ring steps. The video shows a close up of a busted open Big Show, followed by a close up of a busted open Kane as the video fades to black.

The cameras cut to the back as Chris Masters is walking backstage with the belt over his shoulder, still out of breath and sweating from his match. He is approaches by Jonathan Coachman.

Coach: Masters, Masters! I just want to congratulate you on your win tonight. How does it feel to be Intercontinental Champion?

Masters: Coach, it feels great. What makes it even better though, is knowing that I damn near just broke Carlito’s next in two! But you want to know what’s even better than that, Coach?

Coach: What’s that?

Masters: I’m just getting started tonight! Haha.

Coach: What? What do you mean by that?

Masters simply laughs as he walks off screen with his newly won belt. Coach questions the viewing audience what Masters could mean.

First Blood Match

Big Show vs. Kane

The cameras return to the arena as Big Show’s music hits. He emerges from the back to a decent pop. He makes his way down the ramp toward the ring, when suddenly, Kane runs down the ramp and attacks him from behind! Kane starts to beat him on the outside as Big Show’s music stops abruptly. Kane drags him down toward the ring and slams his head on the apron. Big Show staggers back and gets an uppercut to the throat. Kane pushes Big Show a few steps back before whipping him toward the ring ste… NO! Big Show reverses and Kane CRASHES into the ring steps! The top half of the steps go flying toward the barricade! Big Show grabs Kane and pulls him to his feet and dragging him to the barricade where he proceeds to slam his head into it. Big Show then rolls Kane into the ring. Big Show follows him in and the bell rings to officially start the match. Big Show stays on offense, repeatedly taking shots at Kane’s head, as well as getting in a Side Walk Slam along the way. They start exchanging punches near the ropes and Kane reverses them around and then clotheslines Big Show over the top rope. Kane steps over the rope and heads to the outside himself. Big Show gets to his feet and Kane slams his head off the announce table. The referee checks for blood, but there is none. Kane drags Big Show toward the ring post and tries to slam his head into it, but Big Show blocks it and slams Kane’s head into it instead. The referee checks Kane, but again, there is no blood. Kane staggers around as Big Show reaches under the ring and pulls out a trash can. He walks over to Kane and BLASTS him in the face with it! Still no blood as Kane stays on his feet, staggering around. Big Show nails him with it again! This time, Kane falls, but still no blood. Kane sits up, but gets a boot right to the face. Big Show reaches back under the ring and pulls out a steel chair. He tosses it into the ring. Big Show looks over and sees the ring steps that he sent Kane into earlier. He picks those up, and tosses them into the ring as well. Big Show climbs into the ring as Kane sits up. Kane then follows him into the ring. Big Show picks up the chair and swings it at Kane, but Kane ducks! Kane goozles Big Show… CHOKESLAM! Kane turns his head and sees the ring steps. He smiles. Kane walks over and picks up the steps and Big Show gets to his feet. Kane Raises the steps into the air and charges at Big Show… NO! BIG SHOW BLASTS THE STEPS WITH A STEEL CHAIR, sending them back into the face of Kane! Kane topples over as the steps fall down with him, landing over his face! However, Kane is saved by the indent in the steps where they fit around the ring posts, as they don’t actually LAND on this face, just over top of it. Kane pushes the steps off of his face and sits up. Big Show nails him in the face with the chair! The referee tells Show to back off as he checks Kane… nothing! Kane sits up again. Big Show lifts the chair into the air, ready to swing it down like an axe, but Kane quickly rolls out of the way as Big Show swings it down. Kane kicks Show in the gut and then… DDT ONTO THE CHAIR! The referee pushes Kane back as he checks the Big Show… NO BLOOD! These men are invincible! Kane, frustrated, grabs the steel chair and tosses it down in the middle of the ring. Kane grabs the Big Show and pulls him to his feet. He hoists Big Show up ONTO HIS SHOULDER!!! WHAT STRENGTH! TOMBSTONE! OH MY GOD! Kane just managed to TOMBSTONE Big Show onto the steel chair! Holy shit! Kane backs away as the referee checks Big Show……… STILL NOTHING! But Big Show isn’t moving! Kane climbs out of the ring and begins to search under it. After a few moments, Big Show is starting to stir in the ring, but Kane emerges from under the ring with… A SCREWDRIVER?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Kane climbs back into the ring as Big Show gets to one knee… NO!!! Kane STABS Big Show in the forehead with the screwdriver! OH MY GOD! He does it again! Kane is DIGGING into the head of the Big Show with that damn screwdriver! The referee fights to pull him off of Show, but has no luck. Finally, Kane backs off on his own with a huge grin on his face. The referee immediately calls for the bell, not even needing to check on the Big Show as he is COVERED in blood! Not to mention the pool of it under his head! Kane stares at the screwdriver and laughs as his music hits the speakers.

Winner: Kane

The cameras cut backstage to show Edge and Lita in their locker room. Lita is sitting on Edge’s lap rubbing his chest as they talk. Edge whines about what Triple H said earlier.

Edge: I am not Triple H’s bitch! I can’t believe he has the nerve to say that about me! And not once have I EVER cried like a bit… well… there was that one time but THAT DOESN’T COUNT! I’m not Hunter’s bitch! I’m not anyone’s bitch! I’m gonna show him tonight when I kick his ass!

With the camera fixed just above Edge’s waist as he sits on a couch, we see Lita’s arm move down, insinuating you know what.

Edge: Whoa! Haha. Good idea!

They start making out, which we all know will lead to more, as the cameras fade.

Singles Match

Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena

The cameras return to the arena as John Cena’s music echoes through the arena to a loud round of boos from the crowd. Cena makes his way out onto the stage. As he makes his way toward the ring, he throws up his old Bull Horns taunt, but is now throwing up his middle fingers instead of his pinkies. Cena enters the ring and his music fades out. After a few seconds, “Fury of the Storm” by Shadow’s Fall hits the speakers! Rob Van Dam is finally using his new music! RVD emerges from the back with his briefcase and he makes his way down to the ring. Once inside the ring, he goes face to face with John Cena as the referee calls for the bell. They stay nose to nose for a few seconds before John Cena throws the first punch. They exchange punches for a few seconds before Cena, out of nowhere, gives RVD a straight kick to the balls - somehow without the referee noticing - and tackles RVD to the mat, laying into him with punches. RVD eventually manages to fight to his feet and the match truly starts. They go back and forth a few minutes, but John Cena’s dirty tactics eventually get him the upper hand. Cena brawls his way to controlling RVD and keeping his educated feet at bay. As Cena continues to control the match, he gets in damn near every “trademark” move he’s got. John Cena eventually gets RVD up for the FU… HE HITS IT! He goes for the cover! 1... 2... NO! RVD KICKS OUT! John Cena can’t believe it! Cena, pissed off, climbs out of the ring and grabs a steel chair. He climbs back into the ring and the referee tries to take it. Cena argues with the referee for a few seconds with his back turned to RVD. Cena turns around… VAN DAMINATOR! The chair bounces out of the ring. The referee doesn’t DQ RVD, saying that Cena was the one who had the chair, and it’s not RVD’s fault that the chair got in the way of the kick! RVD goes for the pin. 1... 2... CENA KICKS OUT! Rob Van Dam is shocked! Cena starts to get to his feet, and we can see that his nose is bleeding from the Van Daminator. RVD pulls Cena up to his feet and gets him up on his shoulders. Is he going to FU Cena? No! He slams Cena down HARD onto the mat and quickly jumps over him and performs a picture perfect standing Moonsault! He goes for the cover again! 1... 2... Cena kicks out again! RVD pulls Cena up again and gets in a number of kicks before delivering a Northern Lights Suplex near the corner. RVD surprisingly doesn’t go for the cover this time. Instead he walks over to the corner, with his back to Cena. He looks over his shoulder quick and then leaps up… SPLIT LEGGED MOONSAULT! He goes for the cover! 1... 2... NO! CENA KICKS OUT AGAIN! RVD can’t believe it! RVD walks to the adjacent corner and hops up to the top as Cena gets to his feet. RVD leaps off with a karate-like kick straight to Cena’s face! RVD quickly gets to his feet, but so does Cena. RVD goes for a kick but Cena catches his foot. RVD goes for his Enziguri but Cena ducks, only to get a different kick from RVD for his effort. Cena does stay down for long, though, and they are soon exchanging punches again. RVD goes for a punch, but Cena ducks under and gets RVD on his shoulders for another FU… NO! RVD fights his way out and somehow finds himself giving Cena a tornado DDT in the middle of the ring! RVD looks at Cena, and then looks at the corner. The crowd cheers as RVD heads to the corner and jumps up to the top… FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH! RVD flops around in pain before crawling over for the cover! 1... 2... 3! RVD’s new Shadows Fall song hits the speakers as he celebrates his victory in the ring.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

The cameras cut to the back as Vince sits in an office with Shane and Jericho, who are all ready for tonight’s match.

Vince: Everything is taken care of tonight, guys, so there is nothing to worry about.

Shane: Not that I don’t trust your judgment, dad… but what the hell are you talking about?

Vince smiles as he signals Shane and Jericho to come closer. He begins talking quietly as the camera fades to black.

Special Guest Referee Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

REFEREE: Shane McMahon

The cameras cut back to the arena as Shawn Michaels’ music echoes throughout the arena. The crowd erupts into cheers as he emerges from the back. He makes his way to the ring looking confident even with the odds completely stacked against him. With HBK in the ring, the countdown that proceeds Chris Jericho’s music comes on. When it hits 1, the stage erupts with pyro and his actual music hits the speakers. Chris Jericho emerges from the back with Shane McMahon at his side. As they make their way down the ramp, Shane signals repeatedly that he’s going to call the match right down the middle. They make their way to the ring and climb in, as Shane gets in Michaels’ face and continues to say he’ll call the match fair. Shane eventually calls for the bell and Jericho gets in Michaels’ face to talk trash. Jericho continues to talk trash while HBK just stands there and takes it. After a while of Shawn not responding, Jericho slaps him in the face. HBK looks away for a second and then stares a hole right through Jericho. HBK shoves him across the ring as the crowd erupts. HBK goes after Jericho and starts to beat the living crap out of him. Michaels remains on the offense for a good while, with Shane McMahon showing no signs of cheating on the behalf of Jericho yet. After a few minutes, HBK gets Jericho down in the middle of the ring and heads to the corner, taunting for the Sweet Chin Music. Jericho gets to his feet and sees HBK coming at him. Jericho ducks the kick and quickly gets behind HBK for a Back Suplex! HBK quickly gets back to his feet and gets sent into the ropes by Jericho. Drop Kick from Jericho! Jericho goes for a cover but gets only a one count. No fast count from Shane? That’s weird. Jericho manages to stay on the offense for a few more minutes, mostly working on Shawn’s back. Jericho ends up sending HBK into the corner, at which point, he flips up over the ropes and lands on the apron. Jericho springboards off the second rope and drop kicks HBK, sending him flying off the apron and onto the barricade. Jericho slides out of the ring as Shane starts a normal ten count. Jericho slides HBK back into the ring and then follows him in. Jericho pulls HBK up to his feet and goes to punch him, but HBK blocks it… SWEET CHIN MUSIC out of NOWHERE! HBK goes for the pin! What the hell? Shane is on the other side of the ring tying his shoe! That bastard! HBK notices what Shane is doing and gets up, approaching Shane. He asks Shane what he’s doing and Shane says he had to tie his shoe. HBK pushes Shane lightly and Shane tells him to back off, pointing to the WWE logo on his referee shirt. While HBK is arguing with Shane, Jericho comes from behind him and rolls him up! Shane drops for the count! 1... 2... HBK kicks out! That wasn’t a fast count either. HBK quickly gets to his feet, only to get leveled by Jericho. Again, Jericho gets the upper hand, and after a few minutes, manages to get HBK in the Walls of Jericho! HBK fights it as hard as he can, and after a few moments, makes it to the ropes. AGAIN, Shane is nowhere to be found to break the hold! This time, he is on the other side of the ring arguing with a fan who threw a roll of toilet paper at him. After a good twenty seconds or so, Jericho finally breaks the hold and laughs. He drags HBK to the middle of the ring and goes for the cover. 1... 2... HBK kicks out again! It appears as though Jericho is getting a little irritated at Shane counting at a normal speed, and he tells him to count faster. Again, Shane signals that he’s calling the match right down the middle. Jericho’s momentum continues as after few moments more, he sends HBK into the corner. Michaels stumbles out and receives a Facebuster. The impact causes him to flip over onto his back. Jericho looks at HBK, and realizes that he’s in perfect position for… OH! LIONSAULT! Jericho goes for the cover again! 1... 2... NO! MICHAELS KICKS OUT AGAIN! HOW IS HE DOING IT?! Jericho goes for another cover right away! This time, Shane counts faster! 1, 2, KICK OUT! Jericho is getting pissed! Jericho gets to his feet and heads to the corner. What’s this? He’s doing HBK’s taunt for the Sweet Chin Music! HBK starts to get to his feet and Jericho lunges at him for the Sweet Chin Music… NO! HBK CONNECTS WITH A SWEET CHIN MUSIC OF HIS OWN! He goes for the cover! 1.….. 2.….. Jericho barely kicks out before Shane reaches the very, very delayed three. HBK glares at Shane in disgust. Michaels heads to the corner and does his own taunt. Jericho starts the stir in the middle of the ring. Jericho finally gets to his feet and HBK lunges out of the cor… WHAT THE HELL?! CHRIS MASTERS IS IN THE RING! HE HAS HBK IN THE MASTERLOCK!!! Shane looks away for a second, but then starts to laugh as he reminds the fans at ringside that he is the referee and that he can allow this! Jericho smiles as he heads out of the ring and pulls a steel chair from underneath. He slides into the ring with the chair and Masters shoves HBK toward Jericho… WHAM!!! HUGE chair shot to HBK! Jericho goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! Jericho’s music hits the speakers as Masters and Shane raise both of his arms in victory. The three head to the back together. A few seconds after they disappear to the back, Jericho’s music fades out. In the ring, HBK slowly makes his way to his feet, slightly busted open. The crowd gives him a standing ovation as he makes his way to the back.

Winner: Chris Jericho

The cameras focus on Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler as they talk about how horrible Chris Jericho and Shane McMahon are. They question as to why Chris Masters got involved in the match as well. They then inform the viewing audience that the main event is up next. Before the main event however, a graphic appears on the screen with the Summerslam Logo. Styles and King inform everyone that Summerslam will be broadcast live on pay-per-view on August 20, and that it will be a joint production between RAW and Smackdown. With the plug out of the way, it’s time for the main event.

WWE Championship

Triple H vs. Edge© w/ Lita

Triple H’s music hits the speakers as the crowd erupts into cheers. He emerges from the back and does his usual entrance before finally making it into the ring. After a few seconds, his music fades out. A moment later, Edge’s music comes over the speakers and he then makes his way out from the back with Lita at his side and the WWE Championship around his waist. Am I the only one who hates this freakin’ spinner belt? Anyway, Edge and Lita make their way to the ring where they kiss before Lita heads to the outside. The referee shows the belt off to the crowd before handing it someone on the outside. The bell rings and the match can start. They circle around the ring for a couple of seconds before approaching each other and going nose to nose. They exchange some unpleasant words before backing off from each other and entering a tie up. Triple H gets in the first move and has momentum to start the match. Triple H stays in control for a minute or two before Lita makes her presence known by tripping him up. From this point on, Edge gains control and manages to keep it with cheap moves. While in control, Edge works over Triple H’s back and his ribs, weakening him up for the Spear. Edge continues to control Triple H for a few minutes before getting him down near the corner. Edge heads to the opposite corner and measures him up for the Spear. Triple H gets to his feet and Edge charges at him! Triple H moves and Edge heads for the corner, but catches himself. When he turns around, Triple H hoists him up for a SPINEBUSTER! Triple H goes for the cover! 1... 2... EDGE KICKS OUT! Triple H pulls Edge to his feet and sends him into the ropes. Edge comes off the ropes and gets a Knee Smash! Triple H kicks him in the mid section and hooks him for the Pedigree! NO! Edge counters with a Back Body Drop! Triple H hurries to his feet and Edge catches HIM with a kick to the mid section! He hooks him for the Edgecution… NO! Triple H weasels his way out and PEDIGREE! PEDIGREE! Triple H goes for the pin! 1... 2... NO!!! EDGE KICKS OUT AGAIN! HOW THE HELL?! Triple H can’t believe it either! Hunter gets to his feet and pulls Edge up as well. He sends Edge into the ropes. Triple H goes for a clothesline but Edge dodges it and connects with the Spear!!! He goes for the cover! 1... 2... TRIPLE H KICKS OUT! Unbelievable! Edge gets to his feet, very obviously upset, and measures Triple H up for another Spear. Triple H gets to his feet and Edge charges at him, Triple H ducks and pulls down the top rope, sending Edge flying over the top to the outside. Lita checks on him with her back to the ring. As Edge starts to get up, Lita gets to her feet next to the apron. Triple H reaches over the top rope and grabs Lita by the hair! Triple H pulls Lita into the ring. She is begging him off as he laughs and tells her she’s gonna get nailed like she’s never been nailed before. Get it? Yeah? Good. Anyway, Triple H shoves her head between his legs and hooks her for the Pedigree… NO! Edge nails Triple H! Lita scurries away and ducks in the corner. Edge goes to whip Triple H into the ropes but Triple H reverses! ANOTHER SPINEBUSTER! Lita tries to sneak out of the ring but Triple H once again grabs her by the hair and sets her up for the Pedigree! HE NAILS IT! LITA IS OUT COLD! Triple H laughs as he gets to his feet and turns around to go after E… EDGECUTION! EDGECUTION OUT OF NOWHERE! Edge goes for the cover! 1... 2... TRIPLE H KICKS OUT AGAIN!!! Edge CANNOT believe it!!! Edge gets to his feet and looks down at Lita. While he checks on Lita, Triple H rolls out of the ring. Edge helps Lita out of the ring and Triple H pops up outside the ring with the ever present Sledgehammer in his hand. He climbs into the ring while Edge still has his back turned. Edge turns around and sees the Sledgehammer as Triple H lunges at him! Edge DUCKS and runs into the ropes! He comes off the ropes… SPEAR!!! SPEAR!!! The sledgehammer flies out of Triple H’s hand and Edge goes for the cover yet again! 1... 2... 3! Edge has done it! Edge retains the title! Edge’s music hits the speakers and he climbs out of the ring. The referee hands Edge his belt as he helps Lita to her feet. They walk away and head up the ramp as the camera shows Triple H starting to get up inside the ring, completely shocked with what just happened. Edge and Lita smile as they continue to head up the ramp.

Winner: And STILL WWE Champion, Edge

Overall Rating: 87%

The cameras cut to the back and we see Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Chris Jericho, and the new Intercontinental Champion, Chris Masters standing together in front of the interview set.

Vince: I want everyone to think back to 1998. I want everyone to think about the single most electrifying man in sports entertainment history. That’s right. I want everyone to think about The Rock. Not so much about The Rock… but about what made The Rock who he was. What made The Rock the biggest name in sports entertainment? What made The Rock the movie star that he is today? What was it, that The Rock had behind him every step of the way when he was kicking Stone Cold Steve Austin’s ass all over arenas left and right? The Rock was as successful as he was because he had behind him… a billion dollar………… CORPORATION!

Vince laughs as his group stands behind him. The show fades to black.

Overall Rating: 98%

Overall Show Rating: 88%

PPV Buyrate: 1.63

Attendance: 17,826

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

Still Standing

June 12, 2006

Coming off the heels of Vengeance, Edge remains the WWE Champion. Edge has been given the night off from in ring competition this week, but will still be present as the show goes live. What is in store for the WWE Champion now that he has defeated Triple H, John Cena, and even Mr. Money In The Bank Rob Van Dam? Speaking of RVD, he came out on top last night when he defeated John Cena. RVD has announced that he has something to say to the world this week on RAW. What does Mr. Monday Night have to say?

Chris Masters became the new Intercontinental Champion last night when he made Carlito pass out to the Masterlock. Following his match, when being interviewed backstage he said he was just getting started. The world would find out what he meant later in the evening when he would help Chris Jericho defeat Shawn Michaels in their match. As last night’s broadcast went off the air, Vince McMahon has a few words to say. He questioned what it was that made The Rock the success that he was, citing that behind The Rock, was a billion dollar Corporation. What exactly did the Chairman mean by that?

Kane brutally defeated Big Show last night in their First Blood encounter, having to stab Big Show in the head with a screwdriver in order to bust him open. Who is next in Kane’s path of destruction? Also, having been beaten by Rob Van Dam last night, former WWE Champion John Cena has not been seen since. It is being reported that he left the building immediately following his loss and no one has seen him or heard from him since that time. Will he be present this week on RAW?

Credit WWE.com

Nicky Injured

June 12, 2006

The news has just come in that Nicky of the Spirit Squad received an injury last night at Vengeance during the World Tag Team Championships match. It appears that at some point during the match, Nicky sustained an injury to his ankle. The severity of the injury is not yet known, and as of now he will be out indefinately. Keep checking back for updates on the status of his recovery.

I just want to let all of the readers (even the plenty that read but never post anything... <_< ) know that I will be posting RAW sometime tomorrow morning/afternoon. It's turning out to be a HUGE RAW, dare I say a bigger show than Vengeance. But, it will be well worth the wait, I promise.

Edited by JairusCain

• Admin

I just want to let all of the readers (even the plenty that read but never post anything... <_< ) know that I will be posting RAW sometime tomorrow morning/afternoon. It's turning out to be a HUGE RAW, dare I say a bigger show than Vengeance. But, it will be well worth the wait, I promise.

If I see you bump this diary once more like this, I'll warn you. It's against Dome rules, and it pisses me off immensley.

Clear? (And don't respond saying "Yes", just behave)

IPB Image

Monday June 12, 2006

Live! From University Park, Pennsylvania

The live broadcast comes onto the air with the usual video package. Following the video package, the cameras cut to the arena and focus on the stage as if the pyrotechnics are about to go off, but instead, Vince McMahon’s music hits the speakers. Vince emerges from behind the curtain followed by Shane McMahon, Chris Jericho, and Chris Masters. The group make their way down to the ring and Vince is handed a microphone. His music fades out.

Vince: Ladies and gentlemen, I’m sorry but there will be no spectacular pyrotechnic opening this evening. No. Instead, I, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, have an important announcement to make. No, it’s not that there’s going to be another Draft Lottery soon. Hell, I don’t even think I’m going to do that this year. The important announcement that I want to make, is that last night at Vengeance, Chris Jericho and my son Shane defeated Shawn Michaels! They didn’t do it alone, however. They had a little help from our new friend here, Chris Masters! Let us not forget that Chris Masters defeated three other men last night to capture the Intercontinental Title! You see, this plan has been in the works for a few weeks. In my head, at least. You all heard what I had to say at the close of last night’s pay-per-view broadcast. I told you all to think back to 1998, when The Rock was huge and successful. I told you all to think back and think about why… The Rock was so successful. What was it I said? What was it? Oh yes, I said The Rock was so successful, because behind him, helping him every step of the way, as a billion dollar Corporation! And ladies and gentlemen, that is exactly what you are looking at right now! A Corporation! A NEW Corporation!

Vince: But, that’s not the only reason I am out here. In fact, what you see in the ring right now, is not all there is to this New Corporation! So, without further ado, allow me to introduce you to the rest of the group! You all have known them for months as The Spirit Squad… but they are now… The Interns!

Vince McMahon’s music hits the speakers and Kenneth, Mike, John, and Mitchell emerge from the back wearing suits, with Kenneth and Mike wearing the World Tag Team Championship belts. Nick is of course absent this evening due to his injury last night. The four members of The Interns climb into the ring and join the rest of the New Corporation.

Vince: Now look at that! We’ve already got the World Tag Team Champions and the Intercontinental Champion! The Corporation was on top of the world in the 90’s and dammit, the New Corporation is going to be just as powerful!

Overall Rating: 74%

Vince: As a matter of fact, I’m in a good mood right now. No, a GREAT mood! So I think I’m going to schedule a match for later tonight. Yeah! Later tonight… it’s going to be John and Kenneth… taking on… Shawn Michaels! In a Handicap Match!

The New Corporation laugh inside the ring as Vince’s music hits the speakers once again. The group then heads to the back together. With a new nine-member Corporation taking over RAW, it looks like RAW is in for a world of hell!

Singles Match

Chavo Guerrero vs. Shelton Benjamin

Shelton Benjamin’s music hits the speakers and he makes his way down to the ring before the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show comes back from commercials, Chavo Guerrero’s music comes over the speakers and he makes his way down to the ring. The bell is rung to start the match. The match goes back and forth for the first little bit. Before too long, though, Shelton Benjamin starts to gain momentum, using the occasional cheap shot. Shelton maintains control for the first minute or two of the match, but Chavo gradually starts to come back and gain some momentum of his own. Chavo gets in a decent amount of shots before finally catching Shelton with the Three Amigos and going to the top. He comes off with the Frog Splash, but Shelton moves! Shelton gets to his feet and measures Chavo up. As Chavo struggles to his feet, Shelton hooks him and nails him with the Exploder! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

Overall Rating: 91%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show comes onto the air, Rob Van Dam’s new music by Shadows Fall comes over the speakers. RVD makes his way out from the back carrying his briefcase to a huge ovation from the crowd. He makes his way down toward the ring, talking to the fans that he passes and playing to the crowd. Rob Van Dam climbs into the ring and is handed a microphone as his music fades out.

RVD: Ya know, I went into Vengeance last night expecting a challenge. I went into Vengeance last night to face the former WWE Champion. The same WWE Champion that kicked the crap out of Kurt Angle on more than one occasion. The same WWE Champion that held the belt for almost thirteen months - if you don’t count the whole two weeks that Edge had it in January. But ya know what, he still didn’t hold that title for nearly as long as I was ECW Television Champion! Last night was a piece of cake compared to what I’ve been through in ECW! But I’m not out here to gloat about kickin’ John Cena’s ass last night. I’m out here to talk about this!

RVD points to his briefcase.

RVD: I could cash this in at any time I want to! I could cash this in tonight. I could cash it in next week. I could even wait until WrestleMania to cash it in if I really wanted to. But I’m sick of waiting! I’ve been called a lot of names in my life. Mr. Monday Night. Mr. Thursday Night. Mr. Money In The Bank. The Whole Dam Show. The Whole F’N Show… but there’s one name that I’ve been called, that seems to have been forgotten about. And that, is Mr. Pay-Per-View! I think it’s time for me to take that name back! And I’m gonna do that, by cashing in my Money In The Bank… before someone else earns the right to challenge for the title. I’m cashing it in at the biggest pay-per-view of the summer! I’m cashing in my Money In The Bank… to challenge Edge for the WWE Title at Summerslam!

Overall Rating: 95%

Suddenly, Edge’s music hits the speakers. He emerges from the back with the WWE title draped over his shoulder and Lita at his side. He stops on the stage and already has a microphone in hand.

Edge: You wanna challenge me for my title at Summerslam, huh? You think that just because you won some stupid ladder match, that you deserve a shot at my title? I don’t think so! But because of the stipulations written into that contract, I don’t really have a choice but to accept your challenge. But it’s okay. Because I’m accepting the challenge with no worries! The fact of the matter is, RVD… if I can beat Triple H and John Cena - both more than once - than I’ll have absolutely no problem beating you! You wanna make a joke about my short title reign in January? Well how about this, Rob? AT LEAST I’VE HELD THE TITLE… TWICE! That’s more than I can say for you! You’ve been stuck in the mid-card since 2001 when - for some unknown reason - Vince McMahon signed your sorry ass to a contract! You’ll never be any more than that! This is the big leagues… NOT ECW! You want a shot at my title? You’ve got one… but you have no chance in hell at winning!

Edge and Lita storm off to the back as RVD stays in the ring and shrugs. RVD’s music comes over the speakers as the show fades to another commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Eugene vs. Rob Conway

When the show comes back from commercials, Rob Conway is already in the ring, and Eugene is already making his way down the ramp. When Eugene enters the ring, his music fades out and match begins. Conway immediately attacks him, trying to get an early advantage, and he succeeds in doing so. Rob Conway maintains control for a good minute or two, but after a while, he starts to get way too cocky, which enables Eugene to find an opening, and start picking up some momentum. Eugene gets in some shots and then whips Conway into the ropes. When Conway comes back, Eugene gets him up on his shoulders and does… an airplane spin. After a few rotations, Eugene finally sets him down on his feet and he topples over. Eugene stumbles around and eventually falls on his ass as well. They both eventually find their way back to their feet and Eugene sets Conway up for the Rock Bottom! No! Conway counters out but only to end up getting a Stunner instead! Eugene goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3! Eugene celebrates in the ring as his music comes over the speakers.

Winner: Eugene

Overall Rating: 74%

The cameras cut to the back as a very pissed off Edge is making his way down a hallway with Lita at his side. They are both pulling their bags behind them. They must be on their way out of the arena to head to the hotel. As they walk down the corridor, they find themselves walking in the opposite direction of Mick Foley! They all stop in the middle of the hall way as Edge and Mick Foley get face to face and stare a hole through one another. They keep their eyes locked for a good ten seconds or so, before Edge finally turns his head and storms off, Lita follows behind him. Mick Foley then turns back toward the direction he was heading in the first place, and goes on his way. Why is Mick Foley here tonight?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Kane vs. Carlito

When the show returns from the break, Carlito’s music hits the speakers. He makes his way out onto the stage with an apple and then heads for the ring. Once he is in the ring, the arena turns red as Kane’s pyro explodes from the stage and his music hits the speakers. Kane makes his way down to the ring and as he enters the ring, Carlito climbs out. Kane does his pyro in the ring and the arena lights comes back on as his music fades out. Eventually, Carlito climbs back into the ring and throws his apple at Kane. The distraction doesn’t work, however, as Kane goes after him and starts to beat the hell out of him right away. Kane completely dominates for the first minute or so of the match, but after that, Carlito manages to get in a few shots here in and there. However, Kane still stays on the upper hand even through Carlito’s offense. Kane sends Carlito into the ropes and catches him with a Big Boot! Carlito snaps back onto the mat grabbing his nose. He hurries to his feet and walks right into a Chokeslam! Kane does a cutthroat motion before pulling Carlito back up to his feet. Kane hoists Carlito up onto his shoulder for a Tombstone. However, Before Kane can execute the move, the music of Mick Foley hits the speakers! Kane, confused, tosses Carlito aside and focuses on the entrance way. Mick Foley emerges from the back with a maniacal look on his face. Foley quickly makes his way down to the ring and gets into an exchanging of punches with Kane! The referee decides to throw the match out as Carlito flees up the ramp. Mick Foley ends up putting the Mandible Claw on Kane, bringing Kane to his knees. Foley takes a few steps back and pulls something out of sweat pants. It’s not Socko this time, however. It’s a SCREWDRIVER! Foley drives the screwdriver into Kane’s head, busting him open. Mick Foley is handed a microphone.

Foley: Kane! You want to make someone BLEED!? I THRIVE ON BLEEDING! DO YOU WANT TO MAKE SOMEONE BLEED! MAKE ME BLEED KANE!

Foley starts stabbing himself in the head with the screwdriver until he starts to bleed.

Foley: MAKE ME BLEED! You’re gonna get your chance to make me bleed, Kane! You’re gonna get your chance to make me bleed when you step into MY world at Summerslam! You put Big Show up on the shelf for a few months with your brutal attack… and now I’m gonna show you what it’s like to be HARDCORE! BANG, BANG!!!

Foley’s music hits and he smiles crazily before heading toward the back. Kane sits in the middle of the ring, trying to wipe the blood from his head.

Winner: No Contest

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from the break just in time for the Handicap Match that Vince McMahon announced earlier. Just as the show comes back on the air, Shawn Michael’s music hits the speakers. It plays for a good minute or so, but Shawn Michaels never comes out. Eventually, his music fades out. There is silence for about thirty seconds as Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler question what is going on. Suddenly, the silence is interrupted by…

“Are you ready?”

The crowd immediately erupts into the loudest cheers heard in quite a while.

“Think you can tell us what to do? You think you can tell us what to wear? You think that you’re better? Well you better get ready. Bow to the masters… BREAK IT DOWN!”

Shawn Michaels and Triple H emerge from the back to a HUUUGGEEE ovation wearing DX shirts as the D-Generation X theme song blares around the arena. They make their way down to the ring and Shawn Michaels is handed a microphone.

HBK: Vince… I’m getting sick and tired of you. If the Corporation wants to make a come back here tonight… and you want to make me go up against it. I’m not going alone! Oh, no! If the Corporation wants to come back… so is the Corporations biggest pain in the ASS! D-Generation X, baby!

The crowd continues to cheer as Shawn Michaels hands Triple H the microphone.

Triple H: Are you ready? I said, ARE… YOU… READY? Then, for the thousands in attendance, and the millions watching at home. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET’S GET READY TO SUCK IIIIIITTTTT!

Vince McMahon’s music then hits the speakers and out come the four healthy members of The Interns.

Tag Team Match

The Interns vs. D-Generation X

Shawn Michaels and Kenneth start the match. Of course, The Interns control the match from the start because of the excessive outside interference from the other two members. On a couple of occasions, they draw Triple H into the ring only as a means of distracting the referee while all four of The Interns put a beating on Shawn Michaels. This goes on for a good five minutes or so before the referee finally opens his damn eyes and sees what is going on. He ejects the two on the outside, sending them to the back. However, Shawn is still in peril. Kenneth and John are making frequent tags, and HBK is in serious trouble.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

John by now is the legal man, and he sends Michaels into the ropes. He goes for a right hand but HBK ducks! John spins around… SWEET CHIN MUSIC! Shawn DIVES across the ring and makes the hot tag to Triple H! The crowd erupts and Triple H comes into the match finally and lays out Kenneth, who has hurried into the ring. Kenneth gets back to his feet and gets leveled again. One more time, Kenneth gets to his feet and… PEDIGREE! Kenneth rolls out of the ring as John starts to get back to his feet. PEDIGREE to John! Triple H goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3! The D-Generation X music hits the speakers and the duo celebrate in the ring. As they celebrate, The Interns head to the back. Suddenly, the DX music is cut off.

Winner:D-Generation X

What was it cut off by? The music of none other than John Cena! Cena makes his way down to the ring as Shawn Michaels and Triple H stand there waiting for him. Cena signals and yells down to the ring that this has nothing to do with them. Cena climbs into the ring and without hesitation gets face to face with HBK and Triple H. Cena has a microphone in hand.

Cena: H, HBK… This has nothing to do with either of you. You and I have had our fair share of problems, Triple H, but they’re over now. I’m not out here to deal with either of you. I’m our here to address the people. The people in this arena… and the people sitting their fat asses at home watching this on TV. So, I’m asking that this right now, doesn’t escalate into anything it doesn’t need to be. Please just leave and let me do what I need to do.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels look at each other and nod, agreeing that it’s not worth their time to attack him. They head out of the ring and head to the back.

Cena: Thank you. Ya know, for over a year now, I’ve been unstoppable. Unbeatable. I’ve been freakin’ Superman in this ring every night. Taking a beating from everyone and their mother and ALWAYS comin’ back for more! Hell, I took a beating from Kurt Angle more times than Ike beat his wife, and yet I still always came out on top! That’s no fluke! That’s no coincidence! But last night… last night I lost to Rob Van Dam - an ECW piece of trash who isn’t even as good as he was in ECW. And even then, he sucked! But it’s not my fault that I lost to that chump. Hell no. The fault is yours! The blame goes to all of the people! All of you! The people are the reason that I lost last night, and you people are the reason that I lost my title in the first place! I ne…

Suddenly, Cena is cut off by the music of… Trish Stratus?! What the hell?

Cena: Ah, you’ve gotta be freakin’ kidding me! I get cut off twice the other week and now I’m being cut off by TRISH FREAKIN’ STRATUS?! Are you KIDDING me?!

The music plays for a while and no one ever comes out. After a while, the music fades out.

Cena: Um… okay? Well, it’s nice to know that the jackasses running the sound board don’t have the slightest freakin’ clue what the hell they’re doing! Now, as I was sa…

”IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! WHAT THE ROCK… IS COOKIN’!” NO WAY! IT’S THE ROCK!!! The Rock emerges from behind the curtain and the crowd absolutely EXPLODES!

The Rock’s music fades out as he stands atop the stage with a microphone.

Rock: FINALLY… THE ROCK… HAS COME BA…

Cena: WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!

Rock: Did you just interrupt The Rock?! Don’t you EVER interrupt The Ro…

Cena: You’re damn right I did.. And OOPS, I just did again! What the hell are doing here? This has nothing to do with you either!

Rock: Wait, wait, wait… Who are you anyway?

Cena: Hahaha. Yeah, right. I know you’re game, Rock. “It doesn’t matter…” Blah, blah, blah!

Rock: That’s not what The Rock was gonna to say, actually.

Cena: Then what were you gon…

Rock: IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT THE ROCK WAS GONNA SAY!

The crowd laughs and cheers.

Rock: And you’re wrong. This has a lot to do with The Rock. Ya see, as The Rock was sitting in the back saying hello to some friends, The Rock happened to over hear you bad mouthing… the people.

The Rock surveys The People as they start a “ROCKY!” chant.

Rock: Bad mouthing the people doesn’t sit too well with The Rock!

Cena: I don’t give a DAMN what sits well with The Rock. The Rock can kiss my ass!

The Rock takes his sunglasses off and stares down at Cena. The Rock starts walking toward the ring.

Rock: Now see… now you’ve pissed The Rock off. The Rock was just ‘upset’ about you bad mouthing his people. But now… now you’ve done pissed The Rock off. That’s not good.

Cena: And what the hell do you plan to do about it?

The Rock climbs into the ring and gets face to face with John Cena. The Rock tosses the microphone out of the ring and stares a hole through Cena. Cena then tosses his microphone to the outside as well. The staredown continues for a few moments before BOOM! They start exchanging punches as the crowd once again ERUPTS! Finally, The Rock gets in two punches in a row… then three. He then rears back, spits in his hand, and bitch slaps the ever loving hell out of Cena! Cena stumbles around and walks right into a ROCK BOTTOM!!! JOHN CENA JUST GOT TAKEN OUT WITH A ROCK BOTTOM!!! The Rock towers over John Cena and signals for a microphone. Someone at ringside tosses a microphone to The Rock. The Rock looks around and cocks his head.

Rock: IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL… WHAT THE ROCK… Is cookin’!

The Rock tosses the microphone to the mat as his music hits the speakers. He stands over John Cena’s unconscious body as the show fades out.

Overall Show Rating: 84%

Television Rating: 6.04

Attendance: 8,030

Credit WWE.com

One More Chance

June 16, 2006

Last week, former World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle announced that he would be challenging the current champion, Chris Benoit for the title at the Great American Bash. Later in the evening, Chris Benoit would go on to steal Kurt Angle’s finishing move and pin him in a six-man tag team match. This week, General Manager Teddy Long has decided to give Rey Mysterio his guaranteed rematch as a reward for winning his match last week. So, what is in store for Kurt Angle this week? And, will Kurt Angle be facing Chris Benoit or Rey Mysterio at the Great American Bash?

A new group calling themselves the New Blood of the WWE debuted last week by attacking the returning Randy Orton. Their leader, Christopher Daniels, announced that Randy Orton would be going one-on-one with his stable mate, Samoa Joe this week. Can Randy Orton put the new comers in their place, or will they continue to make an impact on Smackdown?

Two weeks ago, Melina told her boys Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro that she had a plan. Last week, she turned on Joey Mercury, costing him a match against Brian Kendrick. She would then leave alongside the WWE Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick. Was her plan all along to join the champions and leave the losers behind? Also, Mike Mizanin told the world that Smackdown and the Cruiserweight Division were need of a Reality Check. Last week, he defeated the Cruiserweight Champion in his debut match. What’s next for The Miz?

IPB Image

Friday June 16, 2006

Live! From Trenton, New Jersey

Smackdown comes onto the air with the usual video package. Following the video is the opening pyro. As soon as the pyro is done, the music of The Mexicools hits the speakers.

Tag Team Match

The Mexicools vs. Noble and Kash

The Mexicools emerge from the back on their Juan Deeres and navigate toward the ring. Once they are in the ring, Jamie Noble and Kid Kash’s music comes on and they make their way to the ring. Psicosis and Kash start the match. From the beginning, Psicosis gets in a nice amount of offense. The offense enables him to pull Kash to the corner and tag in Super Crazy. Crazy continues the offense for a short while until he goes to whip Kash into the ropes. Kash reverses and as Crazy hits the ropes, Noble is there with a knee to the back. This gives Kash time to get to his corner and tag Noble into the match. Noble and Kash begin to double team Crazy, which brings Psicosis into the ring! Psicosis charges at them, but together, they toss Psicosis over the top rope to the outside. Kid Kash runs off the ropes and drop kicks Crazy, who is still lying on the mat, causing him to slide out of the ring to the floor. Noble follows the two out, and starts to beat on both of them as Kid Kash ascends the corner. SOMMERSAULT DIVE OFF THE TOP ROPE ONTO ALL THREE! All four men are down!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from commercials, Jamie Noble and Super Crazy are the legal men, while Kash and Psicosis are down in their respective corners. Super Crazy is in absolute control and it looks like The Mexicools are going to bring home the win. Super Crazy slams Noble down in the middle of the ring and ascends the ropes to go for his Moonsault. However, as soon as Crazy gets to the top, Noble quickly rolls out of the ring in frustration. He stomps over to the time keeper and grabs his chair, folding it up. Psicosis hops down off the apron and heads over to take the chair from Noble, but gets BLASTED for his efforts. Immediately, the referee calls for the bell but Noble slides into the ring with the chair anyway. Crazy tries to take the chair from him, but he too gets a shot to the head. Noble throws the chair down to the mat and stares at Super Crazy.

Winners: By Disqualification, The Mexicools

The cameras cut to the back to find JBL and Lashley backstage brawling all over the place. The brawling continues for a few moments before agents flock the break it up. After a second or two, General Manager, Teddy Long walks into view.

Long: Ya know what playas? If y’all wanna kick each others asses, do it in the ring. That’s right! Tonight, it’s gonna be the 2006 King of the Ring, Lashley, challenging John Bradshaw Layfield for the United States Championship, playa!

JBL: WHAT?! You can’t do that! He doesn’t deserve a damn title shot!

Teddy Long walks away while JBL continues to yell and complain about having to defend his title.

Singles Match

Orlando Jordan vs. Kurt Angle

The cameras cut back to the arena as Orlando Jordan already stands in the ring while his music plays. After a few seconds his music is cut off by that of Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle comes out to a huge ovation and makes his way to the ring. Once he gets in the ring, the match starts. Orlando Jordan gets in the first few shows, but within in a matter of seconds, Kurt Angle is on top of things. He hits Jordan with a Belly-To-Belly Suplex. Jordan hurries to his feet and swings at Kurt. Kurt ducks and… GERMAN SUPLEX! And another! And ANOTHER! Kurt pulls down his straps and measures Jordan up for the Angle Slam. Jordan gets to his feet… ANGLE SLAM! Instead of going for the pin, Angle locks on the Angle Lock. Orlando Jordan taps out immediately! Kurt’s music hits and he heads to the back.

Winner: Kurt Angle

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from the break, Melina is standing backstage as Paul London and Brian Kendrick stand behind her with the WWE Tag Team Champions around their waists.

Melina: Joey Mercury… Johnny Nitro… I told you two weeks ago, that I had a plan. Apparently, you boys weren’t quite expecting the plan that I went ahead with. You see, I got to thinking about it, and… why… on earth would a woman like me want to be with a couple of boys who can’t get the job done, when I can be with a couple of men who have all the gold? So I decided… that’s exactly what I would do. I would go where the gold is, and that’s where I plan to stay. Tough luck boys.

Melina turns and walks away as London and Kendrick follow her.

Overall Rating: 65%

Singles Match

Burchill vs. Mr. Kennedy

The cameras cut to the arena as Burchill’s music hits the speakers. He swings down from a platform to the floor and then makes his way down to the ring. Once he’s in the ring, Mr. Kennedy’s music hits and he emerges from the back, heading for the ring. When the match starts, they go back and forth a good two minutes or so without either man getting a clear cut advantage. Finally, Burchill starts to gain a little bit of momentum heading into about the four minute mark. His offense is short lived, as Kennedy is able to turn things around within the matter of a minute. Before too long, Kennedy is in complete control, and hauls Burchill over to the corner. Kennedy ascends the ropes and in the process, gets Burchill up on his shoulders… KENTON BOMB! Kennedy goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Mr. Kennedy

Overall Rating: 71%

As soon as the referee counts the three, the arena lights go out and the arena is flooded with purple and blue. Clips from previous Buried Alive matches begin to play on the big screen as Kennedy watches on. After a few moments of the clips playing, static begins to overcome the screen, much like on the television set last week. In the midst of the static, a voice can faintly be heard in the background saying “I will bury you.” With that, Kennedy quickly heads toward the back.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

Mike Mizanin and Nunzio vs. Gregory Helms and Sylvan

The broadcast returns as Gregory Helms and Sylvan already stand in the ring, Helms’ music still playing. It quickly fades out as Mike Mizanin’s music comes over the speakers. He emerges from the back with Nunzio at his side. They storm to the ring and slide in, immediately being attacked by Helms and Sylvan. They fight to their feet quickly, and a brawl ensues. After a few moments, the referee manages to get The Miz and Sylvan out on the apron. Helms begins controlling Nunzio from this point, also making frequent tags to Sylvan to keep themselves fresh. After a few minutes, Helms is back in the ring with Nunzio, and hooks him for the Nightmare On Helms Street, but Nunzio counters into a Northern Lights Suplex, only to get a two count. Before Helms can get to his feet, Nunzio dives to the corner and tags in Mizanin. The Miz storms into the ring, as does Sylvan. Miz takes Sylvan down with a Clothesline. Sylvan gets to his feet near the ropes and Miz clotheslines him to the outside. Miz turns around and Helms is back up, going for a drop kick, but Miz slaps his feet away. Nunzio hops back into the ring and lunges at Helms, distracting him. Seeing an opportunity, Miz sneaks up behind Helms and rolls him up! 1... 2... 3! The Miz jumps to his feet and starts celebrating his victory. However, before his music can even start, Helms is back up and attacks him from behind, laying an absolute beating on him as Sylvan rushes over to take out Nunzio before he can help Mizanin. Helms pulls Mizanin to his feet… VERTEBREAKER! Helms is handed his belt as he stands over The Miz, pointing to the belt yelling about how it’s his.

Winners: Mike Mizanin and Nunzio

The cameras cut to the back as Burchill is walking around backstage, still upset over his loss earlier. He turns a corner and bumps in William Regal. Regal begins to make fun of him and tease him about losing to Kennedy. Burchill tells him to just wait, he’ll get his. William Regal laughs and turns to walk away, but once again, walks into someone. He looks up and realizes that it’s Batista. Regal, visibly frightened, quickly side steps and scurries away. Batista turns his head and watches as Regal walks away. Batista smiles.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Samoa Joe w/ Christopher Daniels, CM Punk, and Colt Cabana vs. Randy Orton

As the show comes back from commercials, the music of the newest group on Smackdown hits the speakers and Samoa Joe emerges from the back followed by Christopher Daniels, CM Punk, and Colt Cabana. They all climb into the ring and exchange a few words amongst themselves before Randy Orton’s music cuts theirs off. Daniels, Punk, and Cabana exit to ringside as Orton makes his way toward the ring. Orton gets into the ring and goes nose to nose with Joe. The bell rings to start the match, but they stay nose to nose as Orton verbally assaults Joe. Joe merely grins before taking Orton down with a stiff clothesline! Orton sits up, looking absolutely shocked as Joe smiles arrogantly at the former World Heavyweight Champion. Orton gets to his feet and charges at Joe, only to go into a tie up, which ultimately results in Joe moreless throwing Orton across the ring. Joe approaches Randy and pulls him to his feet. He sends him into the ropes… OH! POWERSLAM! Joe goes for the cover. 1... 2... Orton kicks out. Joe pulls Orton back up to his feet and whips him into the corner. Joe charges at him but Orton moves, causing Joe to crash into the corner! Orton flees to the outside of the ring, but is cut off by Christopher Daniels and the others. Orton looks inside the ring and sees Joe, and then looks back to the three men blocking his exit. Orton thinks for a second before WHAM! HE LEVELS DANIELS WITH A RIGHT HAND! Orton hurries back into the ring and charges at Joe and takes his down with a drop kick to the knee! Orton measures him up… Backbreaker from Orton! Orton is once again measuring him up… this time for the RKO. Joe gets to his feet and Orton goes for it… NO! Joe shoves him off! Joe starts laying into Orton with punches, kicks, knees, and chops, backing him into a corner! Joe whips Orton HARD across the ring to the other corner. Running knee strike in the corner from Joe! Orton falls to his ass in the corner. FACEWASH! AND AGAIN! AND AGAIN! Joe runs to the ropes… RUNNING FACEWASH! Orton is damn near dead! Joe pulls Orton to his feet again and hoists him up in the corner… MUSCLEBUSTER! Joe goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Samoa Joe

Following the match, the rest of the group gets in the ring and Christopher Daniels is handed a microphone.

Daniels: Randy Orton! You just signed your death warrant! Next week, after the Second City Saints…

He points to CM Punk and Colt Cabana.

Daniels: Win their debut match against Simon Dean’s Gymini… it’s going to be you and me, one-on-one, and I’m going to personally kick your ass!

Daniels throws the microphone out of the ring as the group’s music hits the speakers. They head to the back as the show goes to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

United States Championship

Lashley vs. JBL© w/ Jillian

When the show returns from commercials, Lashley’s music hits the speakers and he emerges from the back, looking ready to fight. Once he is in the ring, the United States Champion’s music comes over the speakers and his limo emerges from behind the big screen. The driver gets out and opens the back door, allowing JBL to step out with the belt over his shoulder. JBL makes his way toward the ring with Jillian in tow. JBL enters the ring and shows off his belt before the bell rings. The match starts with a tie up. From this point, the match begins to go back and forth. Each man starts to gain a little bit of momentum, but it is always short lived and the other man starts to get in some shots, only for him to be cut short as well. After about three minutes, JBL manages to take Lashley down and get him in a sleeper hold. With Lashley sitting on the mat and JBL behind him on one knee, applying the rest hold, the show goes for another commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show comes back from the break, JBL is in control of the match. He is taking it to Lashley with stiff shots and flat out brawling. This continues on for about three minutes or so, until JBL goes for the Clothesline From Hell, in which Lashley ducks! JBL spins around and Lashley delivers his modified back drop suplex. JBL gets up and walks right into an Overhead Belly-To-Belly! He gets up again… Regular Belly-To-Belly! He gets up yet again… DOUBLE UNDERHOOK SUPLEX! Lashley is on fire! JBL crawls over to the corner and Jillian appears to be giving him some words of wisdom. A moment later, Jillian runs to the opposite side of the ring and hops on the apron, talking trash to Lashley! The referee turns his attention to her, trying to get down. Lashley spins around. OH! JBL BLASTS HIM IN THE FACE with the United States title belt! Jillian must have handed to him in the corner! JBL tosses the belt out of the ring and goes for the cover as Jillian hops down off the apron! 1... 2... 3! JBL quickly rolls out of the ring and Jillian hands him the belt. They head up the ramp together, laughing and celebrating as the referee checks on Lashley.

Winner: And STILL United States Champion, JBL

The cameras cut backstage to show Gunner Scott sitting in his locker room alone. Suddenly, there is a loud noise near the door and Gunner shoots up to his feet, only to get leveled by Hardcore Holly and Booker T! They beat down on him for a few seconds before Holly walks away, only to walk back on screen with a steel chair! He slams the steel chair down relentlessly on Gunner’s left arm! After about six shots, he places the nearly destroyed steel chair around Scott’s arm, and then proceeds to smash down on it with another chair! Gunner Scott screams in pain as Holly and Booker quickly flee from the room. As they exit the room in a hurry, Matt Hardy happens to be walking by. Concerned, he enters the room to see Gunner Scott lying on the floor holding his arm. Matt runs to the door and yells for help.

World Heavyweight Championship

Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit©

The cameras cut back to the arena as Rey Mysterio’s music hits the speakers. He shoots up out of his stage and then makes his way to the ring. He paces around the ring as his music fades out. After a few seconds, Chris Benoit’s music comes over the speakers and he emerges from behind the curtain with the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist. He slowly makes his way down to the ring. Once in the ring, he takes off the belt and holds it in Mysterio’s face. The referee takes it and shows it to the crowd before handing it to someone at ringside and calling for the bell. Mysterio and Benoit look each other in the eye and exchange words as the show goes to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from the break as Benoit is in control of the match, methodically working on Mysterio’s neck and back. Benoit pulls Mysterio up to his feet and slowly moves him into a violent looking Neckbreaker. He goes for the cover but gets only a one count. Benoit pulls Mysterio back up to his feet and continues to work over his neck. This continues for a good five minutes or so. Benoit sends Mysterio into the ropes, but when Mysterio comes back, he slides under Benoit’s legs! Mysterio hurries to his feet and comes off the ropes and charges at Benoit… he rolls himself up onto Benoit’s shoulders… HURRICARANA! Mysterio and Benoit both quickly get to their feet and Mysterio goes to whip Benoit into the ropes, but Benoit reverses! Benoit tries to catch Mysterio for a Tilt-A-Whirl type move, but it backfires and after what seems like thirty eight rotations around Benoit’s body, Mysterio finally sends Benoit across the ring with a Head Scissors Takedown! Mysterio is right back to his feet, as is Benoit - albeit a little dizzy. Benoit charges at Mysterio… Drop Toe Hold onto the second rope! It’s time for the 619! Hey that kind of rhymed… Kind of… okay, shut up. Anyway, Mysterio goes into the ro… NO! He gets tripped up! WHERE THE HELL DID FINLAY COME FROM! Mysterio turns and sees Finlay and approaches the ropes! Finlay hops up and hangs Mysterio up on the top rope! Mysterio stumbles back into an… ANGLE SLAM! OH MY GOD! BENOIT JUST USED ANGLE’S MOVE ON MYSTERIO! Benoit goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! As soon as the bell rings, Finlay slides into the ring and starts to beat Mysterio with his shillelagh. Benoit joins in on the beating. After about ten seconds or so, the crowd bursts into cheers as Kurt Angle seemingly FLIES down the ramp and slides into the ring, going right after Benoit! He gets in a few shots on Benoit before knocking him to the mat with a stiff right hand. Finlay goes after Angle, only for Angle to duck a swing and NAIL him with a HUGE German Suplex! Finlay rolls out of the ring! Benoit gets back up to his feet and swings at Angle! Angle ducks! ANGLE SLAM ON BENOIT! Benoit quickly rolls out of the ring. Finlay eventually helps Benoit to his feet and they start to make their way to the back. Angle helps Mysterio to his feet and they look on and yell out at Benoit and Finlay as the show goes off the air.

Winner: And STILL World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit

Overall Show Rating: 75%

Television Rating: 6.23

Attendance: 8,032

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

Gunner Scott Out Of Action

June 17, 2006

It has been confirmed that Gunner Scott was in fact injured at the hands of Hardcore Holly and Booker T last night on Smackdown. Scott has suffered a broken arm as a result of the attack. However, the severity of the injury is not yet known. It is expected that an announcement will be made as early as next week's Smackdown regarding his recovery time. Be sure to catch Smackdown on UPN, next Friday Night at 8/7 CT to find out how long Gunner Scott will be out of action.

Credit WWE.com

Do You Smell What The Rock Is Cookin’?

June 19, 2006

Seven days ago, WWE witnessed its biggest episode of RAW since the USA Network Homecoming eight months ago. RAW brought about four very huge returns. The first was Vince McMahon announcing the return of the Corporation, which consists of himself, his son Shane McMahon, Chris Jericho, and Chris masters. Next was Mick Foley, who had been absent since WrestleMania, who went on to challenge Kane for Summerslam. The next surprise of the evening came when Shawn Michaels was scheduled for a Handicap Match against The Interns. However, when it was his time to came out, the familiar music of D-GENERATION X hit the speakers, and the reunited team of Shawn Michaels and Triple H put The Interns in their place. Last, following the main event, John Cena came out to address the fans about his loss to Rob Van Dam. In the midst of him putting down the people in the audience, the crowd exploded to the sound of The Rock’s music! The Rock made his presence known by delivering the Rock Bottom to the former WWE Champion!

WWE Chairman, Vince McMahon has announced a huge Eight-Man Tag Team Main Event for this week’s RAW! The Rock will make his first in ring appearance since WrestleMania XX when he teams up with Rock N’ Sock Connection partner Mick Foley, and the reunited D-Generation X to take on the team of John Cena, Kane, and Chris Jericho and Chris Masters of Vince McMahon’s new Corporation!

It was also announced last week on RAW, that Rob Van Dam has decided to cash in his Money In The Bank contract at Summerslam, to challenge WWE Champion Edge! This week however, the two will have other issues on their mind as Edge will face off against Carlito and Rob Van Dam will be taking on Shelton Benjamin in one-on-one action. Can the champion as well as the challenger maintain their momentum?

Last week, The Interns, formally known as The Spirit Squad, were scheduled to take on Shawn Michaels in a Handicap Match. However, the match turned into a Tag Team match when D-Generation X reunited in the form of Shawn Michaels and Triple H. When the smoke cleared, DX was victorious. As punishment for losing their match, Vince McMahon has ordered John and Kenneth to partake in another Handicap Match this week. This time however, they will have the handicap as they take on Val Venis, Viscera, and another mystery opponent with the other members of The Interns barred from ringside! Can The Interns do their boss proud, or will they let him down yet again?

Edited by JairusCain

• 2 weeks later...

IPB Image

Monday June 19, 2006

Live! From Rochester, New York

The opening video package plays over the broadcast, followed by the opening pyro as the theme song continues to play. The cameras show various shots of the crowd as Jerry Lawler and Joey Styles welcome the viewing audience to the show. Shelton Benjamin’s music hits the speakers.

Singles Match

Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Van Dam

Once Shelton is in the ring, RVD’s Shadows Fall music hits and he makes his way out to the ring with his briefcase. The match is ready to begin. They go back and forth quite a bit in the opening minute or two of the match. However, as the match progresses, RVD gains more and more momentum. RVD gets Shelton down near the ropes, and does the Rolling Thunder. After the impact, Shelton rolls out to the apron to get some breathing room while RVD plays to the crowd in the ring. Shelton makes his way to his feet and springboards off the ropes toward RVD. NO! RVD catches him with what appears to be a mid-air Enziguri! Wait a minute, Shelton isn’t selling the shot to the head, but is instead selling a hurt knee. What the hell? The referee goes over to check on Shelton as RVD plays to the crowd some more, saying that Shelton is a wuss. RVD turns around… SPEAR! WHAT THE HELL?! Edge quickly slides out of the ring and starts the head back up the ramp as Shelton Benjamin seems to miraculously heal. He leaps across the ring and goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

The cameras cut to the back as John Cena stands next to Todd Grisham.

Todd: John Cena, last week The Rock made a surprise return to the WWE to confront you about blaming the people for your recent actions. This altercati…

Cena: Don’t even bring it up, Grisham. Last week never happened, got it? But, you wanna talk about The Rock? Okay, we’ll talk about The Rock. We’ll talk about the guy who turned his back on the millions and millions of his own fans to go and be Hollywood. We’ll talk about the guy who, in his spare time, likes to think he can rap. I’m sorry, but when it comes to rappin’… and wrestling… I got The Rock beat. The only time The Rock has anything beat, is when he’s beatin’ his meat.

Todd: I… I don’t think you can say that on live television.

Cena: Too damn bad, cuz I just did.

Todd: Well, Cena, tonight, you’re taking part in an eight man tag team match in which one of your opponents will in fact be The Rock. Your thoughts?

Cena: My thoughts? The only thoughts I have about tonight, are that I’m gonna kick The Rock’s ass all over this arena. I can smell what The Rock is cookin’… but he still can’t see me!

John Cena turns and walks off screen.

Overall Rating: 90%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns from the break, Vince McMahon’s music hits the speakers. John and Kenneth of The Interns emerge from the back, not looking to excited. Once they’re in the ring, The V Spot comes out and makes their way to the ring. The music dies out as everyone anticipates the arrival of their mystery partner……… WEEELLLLLLL… WELL IT’S THE BIG SHOOOWW! Big Show makes his way out onto the stage and heads for the ring as The V Spot laughs at the scared Interns.

Handicap Match

The Interns vs. The V Spot and Big Show

The V Spot immediately attack The Interns before Big Show even makes it to the ring. A two-on-two brawl goes on inside the ring while Big Show simply climbs the ring steps and stands in his corner waiting to be tagged in. Viscera gets Kenneth down and delivers the big splash to him, sending Kenneth rolling out of the ring clutching his ribs. Apparently John is the legal man, because the referee isn’t counting Kenneth out. Venis hits John with a DDT and approaches the corner, tagging in Big Show. Val and Viscera exit to the apron as Big Show towers over John, who is now getting back to his feet. John tries to run away, seeing that Big Show is in the ring now, but Big Show goozles him… CHOKESLAM! Show goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3!

Winners: The V Spot and Big Show

Overall Rating: 60%

The cameras cut to the back as Edge and Lita sit together in their locker room.

Lita: He looked pretty hurt after that Spear, honey.

Edge: Good! That’s good! Ya know what? I hope I broke his damn ribs! He thinks he can use his Money In The Bank contract to get himself a shot at MY title… well not if he’s on the damn injured list, he can’t! I’m Mr. Money In The Bank! Not him! I was the one who pioneered that damn match… he’s not using it against me!

Overall Rating: 97%

Singles Match

Chavo Guerrero vs. Rob Conway

The cameras cut back to the arena to show that Rob Conway is in the ring with his music playing. His music dies out and on comes Chavo Guerrero’s. Chavo makes his way to the ring and the match begins. They go back and forth for a moment until Conway gets in a low blow near the corner. Conway mounts the second rope, facing inside the ring, and taunts the crowd by showing off his abs. In the meantime, Chavo gets to his feet. Conway jumps off for a Double Axe Handle, but Chavo nails him with a big Drop Kick!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show comes back from the break, Chavo is in firm control of the match, hitting move after move on Conway. He hooks him for a Suplex. He nails it. And a second one! Three Amigos! A tribute to the late Eddie Guerrero! Chavo heads to the top rope… FROG SPLASH! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

The cameras cut to the back where Kane sits alone in a dimly lit room. He is rocking back and forth and mumbling to himself. He can be heard mumbling something about making Mick Foley bleed. After some more incoherent rambling, we hear him say that he is going to finally put Mick Foley’s career to an end.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Non-Title Match

Carlito vs. Edge© w/ Lita

As the show returns from the commercial break, Carlito’s music hits the speakers. He makes his way out to a round of cheers. Once he is in the ring, his music is interrupted by Edge’s. Edge and Lita emerge from the back, Edge with an arrogant smirk on his face. Lita plays with the championship belt around Edge’s waist as they make their way to the ring. Once Edge is in the ring, the match is ready to begin. They start off going back and forth, with Edge growing gradually frustrated at his inability to get an advantage over Carlito. After a few moments, Edge sends Carlito into the ropes, where Lita proceeds to grab his foot. Carlito spins around and starts to yell at Lita, before grabbing her by the hair and pulling her onto the apron. As Carlito threatens Lita, Edge distracts the referee, allowing Lita to firmly plant a slap across Carlito’s face! Carlito stumbles back, and Edge is there to club him in the back of the neck with a stiff forearm shot. From here, Edge gains momentum and starts to control the match. Edge continues to beat down on him. After a few moments, Carlito manages to weasel in a move, and sets Edge up for his version of the Roll The Dice, but Edge counters out and ends up shoving Edge toward the ropes. Lita jumps up onto the apron and once again tries to slap Carlito, but this time Carlito blocks her. Carlito goes to hit her, but stops when he realizes Edge is still behind him somewhere. Carlito glances over his shoulder and side steps… OH!!! Edge just accidentally SPEARED Lita through the ropes! Edge stumbles back toward the middle of the ring, in disbelief of what just happened, as Lita rolls around on the floor clutching her ribs. Edge stumbles right into Carlito, who attempts to set up for the same move once again. Edge counters out yet again, but Carlito is right on top of things. He swings at Edge for a stiff left hand… EDGE DUCKS! EDGECUTION! Edge goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Edge

Overall Rating: 87%

Carlito rolls out of the ring as Edge celebrates his victory. Edge starts to head toward the ropes to exit the ring to check on Lita, when RVD hops over the barricade and slides into the ring behind Edge with a chair! Edge runs at RVD. RVD swings the chair but Edge ducks! Both men spin around to face one another again and RVD throws the chair at Edge. Edge catches it… VAN DAMINATOR! Edge stumbles backward and falls right into the corner, sitting conveniently with his head on the bottom turnbuckle pad. RVD glances over and notices the positioning. The crowd starts to cheer as they anticipate a sign that RVD is about to do a move he hasn’t done in a long time. RVD picks up the chair and points at it. The crowd cheers louder. Van Dam approaches the unconscious Edge and places the chair between the bottom and middle ropes, resting directly in front of Edge’s face! RVD hurries over to the adjacent corner and the crowd erupts into cheers as he leaps to the top rope! What the hell?! Lita comes out of nowhere and tries to pull on RVD’s leg, but RVD manages to kick her off, sending her back down to the floor! RVD LEAPS OFF THE TOP ROPE, SOARING ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE RING… VAN TERMINATOR!!! Edge is completely motionless! RVD gets back to his feet and climbs out of the ring, only to head over to the time keeper’s table and pick up Edge’s championship belt. RVD climbs back into the ring and then proceeds to pose on all four corners with the belt to a rather large ovation.

Overall Rating: 98%

The cameras quickly cut to the back to reveal Chavo Guerrero and Shelton Benjamin already engaged in a vicious brawl. The brawling continues for a nearly two minutes before agents rush onto the scene to break them up. It looks like things between these two are far from settled.

Eight-Man Tornado Tag Team Match

John Cena, Kane, Chris Jericho, Chris Masters vs. The Rock, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, Triple H

The cameras cut back to the arena as Kane’s music hits the speakers. Kane emerges from the back and makes his way to the ring. Next, Vince McMahon’s music comes over the speakers and Chris Jericho and Chris Masters head to the ring. The music dies out and after a few seconds, John Cena’s music hits the speakers to the loudest boos of the night. Once Cena is in the ring, the four teammates converse amongst themselves as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from the break with Cena’s music still playing. After a few seconds, it is cut off by the music of D-Generation X! The crowd erupts into cheers as Shawn Michaels and Triple H make their way out from the back and head to the ring. They stop just outside the ring as their music fades out. After a few seconds, The Rock’s music echoes throughout the arena to a huge ovation. After a short delay, The Rock finally emerges from the back with Mick Foley at his side! The Rock N’ Sock Connection make their way to the ring and the match is ready to begin. All four faces slide into the ring at the same time, only to begin getting stomped by their opponents right from the get-go. Chris Masters pounds away on Shawn Michaels until they both roll to the outside, where they continue brawling. Triple H and Chris Jericho exchange blows in the middle of the ring once Triple H manages to get to his feet. Kane and Foley are on the outside brawling all over the place before Masters and Michaels even end up out there. The Rock manages to get to his feet and ends up pounding away on John Cena in the corner. Kane and Mick Foley continue to brawl on the outside, eventually making their way into the crowd. At ringside, Shawn Michaels goes to whip Masters into the ring steps, but Masters reverses and sends Michaels crashing into the steps. At about the same time, Triple H clotheslines Chris Jericho over the top rope, causing him to land on the apron. Jericho gets to his feet and Triple H swings at him. Jericho drops down and low bridges the ropes, causing Triple H to topple over to the outside. After a few seconds, Triple H gets to his feet and Jericho catches him with a Hurricanrana off the apron. Both men are down while Chris Masters is pounding away on the head of Shawn Michaels. Inside the ring, The Rock nails a vicious looking Back Elbow on Cena, sending him crashing to the mat. Cena grabs his face and rolls to the outside. The Rock sees Masters beating on Michaels on the outside, and goes after him. The Rock begins to beat on Masters, enabling Michaels to rolls back into the ring. While The Rock beats down on Masters, Cena begins to stagger around the ring, heading toward them. Where in the hell did Kane and Mick Foley go? Just as Cena reaches The Rock and Masters, Triple H and Chris Jericho begin to get to their feet. With all five of them standing there together, Shawn Michaels quickly climbs to the top rope! HE SOARS OFF to the outside, crashing into all five men! Six of the eight competitors in this match are down on the outside!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from the break, the cameras have caught up with Kane and Mick Foley, who are now brawling around backstage. Mick Foley is in control as he blasts Kane in the head with a barbed wire wrapped two-by-four! Kane falls to the floor as Mick Foley walks over to a tool chest. When Foley comes back, we see that he has a torch in his hand! A TORCH! HOLY SHIT! Foley ignites the torch and thrusts it at Kane’s face, but Kane manages to grab his wrist, keeping his hand and the torch away from him. Kane eventually manages to shove Foley’s arm to the side, causing the torch to fly out of his hand, out of reach. Kane pushes Foley off of him and gets to his feet. Foley gets back to his feet and gets leveled by a hard right hand from Kane. The cameras cut back to the ring as The Rock and Chris Jericho are battling it out inside the ring. Triple H is knocked out and lying near a corner, while Masters is out cold on the outside. HBK and John Cena are brawling on the outside. Inside the ring, Chris Jericho is surprisingly in control. Jericho sends The Rock into the corner. The Rock hits hard and staggers back out. BULLDOG! Jericho sees the opening, and goes for the Lionsault! NO! ROCK MOVES! BUT JERICHO NOTICES AND LANDS ON HIS FEET! Jericho charges at The Rock… NO! SPINEBUSTER! Jericho rolls toward the apron as John Cena slides into the ring, having just FU’d Shawn Michaels through the announce table! Cena runs at Rock for a clothesline but Rock ducks! Cena spins around and gets a right hand to the face! And another one! And another one! Rock rears back his hand, spits in his palm, and swings at Cena one last time… NO! Cena ducks! Rock spins around… CENA GETS HIM UP FOR THE FU! NO! ROCK COUNTERS OUT… ROCK BOTTOM! ROCK BOTTOM ON CENA! Jericho fights to his feet and heads for Rock, but Triple H cuts him off with a diving punch to the face. The Rock goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! Rock’s music once again echoes through the arena as the crowd stands on their feet, cheering for the winning team. The Rock helps Triple H to his feet as the cameras cut to the back once again. Kane and Mick Foley are now swarmed with agents trying to break them up. Mick Foley screams at Kane, taunting him. Kane screams back, threatening to end his career at Summerslam. The camera stays on Kane following his threat as the show goes off the air.

Winners: The Rock, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, Triple H

Overall Show Rating: 83%

Television Rating: 6.37

Attendance: 9,041