Extreme Championship Wrestling 2006

King.

September 10th 2006

1Wrestling.com, PWInsider.com, WrestlingObserver.com

-Sonny Siaki is expected to debut in ECW sometime in the near future.

-Lance Storm apparently got in to an argument with Johnny Ace over the weekend after Ace went ahead and booked Storm at the remaining ECW dates of September and October. Storm has made it known on his website and to WWE officials that he meant it when he said he had semi-retired from wrestling. Storm is currently running a wrestling school out of his home town, and is enjoying spending time at home. Paul Heyman is all for using Storm sparingly at Storm's request. What this means for Justin Credible, remains to be seen.

-Jack Victory has signed on with the new ECW.

-Chris Jericho was personally contacted by Paul Heyman about making a few appearances in the new ECW.

-Below are the developmental talents of World Wrestling Entertainment who are also expected to work for ECW.

Aaron Stevens

Ashley Massaro

Beth Phoenix

Bret Matthews

Brian Myers

Cherry Pie

Chet The Jet

Da Beast

Damien Steele

Harry Smith

Jason Riggs

Johnny Swinger

JT Smith

Kenny

Kevin Matthews

Lance Cade

Livewyre (Mikey/Mike Mondo)

Mason Raige

Matt Striker

Nick Nemeth

Ryan Reeves

Shannon Moore

Shawn Spears

Steve Lewington

The Miz

TJ Wilson

Trevor Murdoch

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECW.com BREAKING NEWS

September 11th 2006

Chris Jericho and Fozzy Come to ECW!

ECW.com is proud to break the news that Chris Jericho and his band Fozzy will be performing LIVE! on the next episode of ECW Wrestling on ECW.com! Chris Jericho who left World Wrestling Entertainment in 2005 to pursue a music career will return to Extreme Championship Wrestling, the promotion which gave him one of his first big breaks in the industry. This is truly a historic night for the NEW ECW!

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

ECW.com Presents: ECW Wrestling

Internet Show Preview

Nova versus Paul Burchill

So far things aren't aren't going so well for Paul Burchill here in ECW. He's 0 for 2. This week Francine has used her managerial persuation to get Paul Burchill versus Nova booked. Will Burchill finally score a victory? Or will he walk away 0 for 3?

CM Punk vs. Balls Mahoney

In a match booked by Paul Heyman personally, CM Punk will do battle with Balls Mahoney. Last week the world witnessed CM Punk being toyed with by the ECW Owner after CM Punk was tricked in to thinking he was going to meet with WWE Chairman Vince McMahon. This week the anti-extreme newcomer will go up against one of the most viciouse workers ECW has to offer, Balls Mahoney.

Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri vs. Danny Doring and Roadkill'

Last week Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri blindsided Doring and Roadkill and attacked them backstage. During the brutal attack Whipwreck said that they were simply "Doing what they were told." This week, Doring and Roadkill look to even the score with a victory of their own.

Sabu and Steve Corino and Chris Kanyon vs. The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer and Rob Van Dam

They've washed the glitter out of their eyes and are ready for a fight! It was announced that Sabu and Chris Kanyon have chosen Steve Corino as their third partner to take on Tommy Dreamer and Rob Van Dam. The Sandman has stepped in as the 6th man in what is sure to be an ECW bout filled with nonstop action!

In Other Action

-A performance by Chris Jericho and his band Fozzy!

September 14th 2006

Phone Conversation Between Johnny Ace and Paul Heyman

Johnny Ace: "Vince himself has made it known that he does NOT want New Jack in his company."

Paul Heyman: "His company?"

Johnny Ace: "You know what I mean Paul. Listen, you're running the show down there. You're booking what you want, and who you want. We've made minimal requests on our end. Why you can't just go ahead and release New Jack is beyond me. You yourself have said in the past that he has an attitude problem. We don't want, nor need him around!"

Paul Heyman: "I'm not going to fire him, and I'll tell you why. If I fire New Jack, that's me giving in to you. That's something I don't enjoy doing. That's something I can't allow the boys to see me doing. They were all, ALL hesistant about signing their lives away to WWE, and I'm not about to do anything that'll make them re-think their descisions."

Johnny Ace: "So I should tell Vince that you're refusing to-"

Paul Heyman: "Refusing. Yes. Then also remind him that part of my contract to operate this new WWE endeavor was the rights of Extreme Championship Wrestling being placed in my name. Remind him about that."

Johnny Ace: "You're a real son of a bitch Paul."

Paul Heyman: "Thank you Johnny. I've heard the same about you!"

September 14th

Office of Johnny Ace at WWE Headquarters in Stamford Connecticut

Johnny Ace: “The reason why I flew you up here is simple, I want you to keep an eye on Paul Heyman and everything he does. The reality of the situation is this, Heyman is slowly going out of control. He’s beginning to forget that although the E.C.W. name is printed on the ring apron, and on the tickets, it’s still all Vince McMahon’s World Wrestling Entertainment. I’m not asking you to do anything else than keep an eye on him. Tell me about any dirt he’s looking to slip under the radar. Vince and I are already steaming that Jericho has signed a commitment for two months. We can’t let that happen again. And trust me, if you do this for Vince and I, when the time is right, you’ll be rewarded. I know this is a difficult decision for you. I know you owe everything you have to ECW. You don’t have to give me an answer now. But I want one by Sunday.”

“I don’t need till Sunday. I’ll do it.”

Johnny Ace: “Wonderful! So then tell me, what do you know so far?”

Dun Dun Dun! One thing I don't like about backstories are that WWE is always the antagonist. Get the 3rd party (TNA) in there.

I wouldnt be surprised if what you wrote is exactly what ECW will be about to do when it starts up.

Get Austin there too (if he's not signed) and Nunzio too.

Benoit and Mysterio are off limits :(

Man this is a very interesting concept adn I am certainly looking forward to reading the future shows. Good job so far and I am really enjoying the CM Punk character

I've been reading since you started this diary and I must say I am impressed! As a few people have already said, I also wouldn't be surprised to see the real life ECW Revival be like your own. I like the way RVD is champion, because he is the bigger WWE Star and also the fact you haven't just raided TNA of Raven, Rhino and the Dudleyz. Oh and I'm loving the Kanyon character. Keep up the good work. (Y)

Edited by avengedseventhson

Guest Chris Choas

You know either you're reading one hell of a diary or you've spent to much time reading diarys, when you blur them between real life and the EWB board. This is what is happening to me with this diary, if it dosen't come out this way, I'll probably be very dissapointed, mainly, because this scenerio is almost perfect. Only thing that I hope will change about this is ECW gets a TV deal and Ruckus shows up in The New ECW.

Anyway, awesome diary, love the match descriptions and style(It gave me a new way to do future diarys), I can hear the way the commentary is being delivered(excellent roleplaying), and everything is not to overdramatic. ECW isn't trying to cram down our throats they're back with a bunch of matches that you would normally never see, they've just picked up like they never went away, just added some new talent. Alright, keep it up, loving it so far, late~

This is really entertaining, good job.

I've read quite a few ECW resurrections, I've even done one, but none of them ever as interesting and well written as yours.

I like the Ace/Heyman thang and the mole idea, it's gripping and you're giving just the right amount of info with the segments.

Also, the match write-ups are not too long, but not too short and are easy to read.

Well Done, Keep it up.

ECW.com Presents: ECW Wrestling

September 16th 2006

The ECW opening video plays through and we then cut to the inside of the Davis Arena. The fans are already chanting, however it’s not the usual “ECW! ECW!” chant. Tonight, it’s “Fozzy! Fozzy!”. Set up in the ring is band equipment. Chris Jericho’s WWE theme hits and the fans go nuts! Jericho appears on the stage, and walks down the entranceway with his band members in toe. Jericho enters the ring and walks up to the microphone as the fans continue to cheer.

Chris Jericho: “Welcome to E.C.W. IS JERICHO!”

The fans chant “E.C.W”.

The band members are set up and begin their performance. Midway through the performance, Jericho abruptly signals his band mates to quit playing. The fans murmur.

Chris Jericho: “What the hell is this? This is the dull and pathetic response you give a superstar?!”

The fans begin to boo.

Joey Styles: “Well THAT was uncalled for!”

Joel Gertner: “Snappy tune!”

Chris Jericho: “This is what I told Paul Heyman! I told him you people, you low lives wouldn’t appreciate Rock N’ Roll! That’s it! I’m out of here! Do me a favor, NEVER! eve-e-e-e-er call me to appear in THIS promotion AGAIN!

Jericho throws down the microphone and begins to exit the ring. Suddenly the lights dim and Taz’s WWE theme song hits. The fans erupt, as Jericho freezes on the apron. Smoke filters out of the entranceway as Taz emerges with a black towel over his head. For the first time in many years Taz wears wrestling attire instead of a suit. He marches down to the ring, and climbs in. Jericho walks over to him, and picks up the microphone. The two men come face to face, Taz’s heavy breathing causing the fringes of the towel to fly upward.

Chris Jericho: “Did you want something, Taz? The announcers booth, is THAT way! I’m sure Styles and Gertner would LOVE another untalented shmuck to join them!”

Joey Styles: “I am NOT untalented!”

Joel Gertner: “He is NOT untalented!”

Chris Jericho: “No? Hm. Oh, I get it! You wanted an autograph! Of course! Let me see here I think I have a pen somewhere…”

Jericho begins to search his pockets. He frowns at Taz.

Chris Jericho: “Sorry buddy, you’re out of luck. Tell you what, leave you’re information with Paul Heyman, and I’ll have him mail you an autograph.”

Jericho pats Taz on the shoulder. Suddenly, Taz grabs Jericho’s arm and drags him down to the mat looking to lock on the Tazmission. Taz successfully locks it on as the fans erupt in to cheers.

Joey Styles: “Tazmission on Jericho!”

Suddenly, one of Jericho’s band mates comes from behind and stomps on Taz’s head. Taz immediately lets up on the hold and jumps up. The band mate stands stunned, before quickly ducking out of the ring. The other members follow. Jericho then attacks Taz from behind, smashing the microphone in to his skull.

Joel Gertner: “Now that’s what I call Rock N’ Roll!”

Chris Jericho: “You son of a bitch! You want to start something with someone who’s obviously better than you are?! Fine! I’ll see you later tonight, junior!”

Jericho delivers one final blow to Taz with the microphone, sending feedback through the speakers. The fans boo Jericho as he leaves the ECW ring and disappears behind the curtain.

Joey Styles: "Taz versus Chris Jericho later on tonight?!"

Joel Gertner: "Joey, when is Taz going to learn that he's not the greatest thing on God's green earth?"

Joey Styles: "I don't think he believes that!"

Joel Gertner: "Well that's your opinion. He reminds me a lot of you-"

Paul Burchill’s theme music hits, and the fans give another mixed reaction to this “out of luck” wrestler. Burchill appears on the stage with Francine at his side. They do a twirling pose number, and then walk down the entrance way with Burchill continuing to look cocky.

Joey Styles: “I’d like to know what makes him think he has any right to be so cocky. He’s 0 for two out here!”

Joel Gertner: “I have a feeling tonight that’s ALL going to change Joey!”

Joey Styles: “Well, Burchill certainly won’t have an easy task, he’ll be taking on Nova, not Simon Dean. He is NOT a fitness instructor. The man’s name is Nova!”

Joel Gertner: “You know Vince wanted to change my name too.”

Joey Styles: “To what?”

Joel Gertner: “Umaga.”

Nova’s theme music hits and the fans cheer. Nova comes running out from the stage and bolts down the entrance way. He slides in to the ring and nearly slides right out of it. Burchill takes advantage stomping on the back of Nova.

Paul Burchill w/Francine vs. Nova

• Nova quickly reversed the advantage of Burchill, rolling through one of the stomps and countering with a roundhouse kick.
  • From there, it was downhill for Burchill. Every time he got a slight advantage, he'd cheer for himself and look at Francine, posing a bit in the process. Francine warned him at ringside to keep his head in the game.
  • It didn't take long for Nova to wear Burchill down, and hit the Kryptonite Krunch to pick up the victory.
  • After the match, Burchill sat in the ring, crying. Francine didn't know what to do. When she went to console him, Burchill got up and left the ring. Francine shrugged and followed.

Joey Styles: “0 for three!”

Joel Gertner “I think this kid is confused. He’s attempting to be ECW’s Goldberg, and it just isn’t working!”

Joey Styles “Ladies and gentlemen on September 30th, ECW.com will present an internet pay-per-view. Take a look!”

The screen cuts to a montage of different famous shots of ECW history. Such as the Tommy Dreamer/Sandman caning, one of the many battles of Terry Funk and Mick Foley, Tajiri spraying the green mist for the first time, a random New Jack balcony dive, etc. The video ends with Joey Styles screaming “OH MY GOD!” over and over as the montage becomes faster and faster. It ends with a shot of the Hardcore Resurrection logo.

IPB Image

I've been trying to get around to leaving you some feedback here, because I think this is probably one of the best diaries in the dome at the moment. There are times where I'm so engaged in what you're saying, that I completely foget that it's just a diary. Your format is easy to read, and you're in character with almost everyone you use, ESPECIALLY Styles and Gertner, I love reading their interaction, it's just very interesting.

Now, I'm glad you decided not to go with the BWO, even though I loved the gimmick and the stable, I just think those guys need something new to do, and that was a very smart decision.

Good thing you also didn't take the cheap route and sign Raven, The Dudleyz, Rhino, and so on.. But I would like to see some of them start working for you if you can establish ECW as a major promotion, without forgetting the fact that Paul Heyman forgot to pay most of his roster lol. I'm sure that if guys like Raven, Rhino, and The Dudleyz saw that Heyman was being funded by the WWE, they would probably decide to stick to their origins and join up at some point in the future.

Now. Your two main pushes that are just completely out of the blue are for Kanyon and CM Punk. CM Punk isn't really out of nowhere, I kind of saw it coming, but to disagree with the rest of the people giving you feedback (sorry :P) I don't think he should be receiving as much of a push as he is. A lot of the people watching your shows will still be WWE marks who just thought ECW IS SO KEWL CUZ THEY ATTACK MCMAHON ON RAW. No. You're still going to appeal to an audience that has no idea what ECW is all about, and likely doesn't know who CM Punk is. Now that's not much of a problem, because you've been building him up really well since show 1 with great promos and a nice, realistic storyline with him trying to establish pure wrestling over extreme wrestling. This is good and bad. It's good because it goes against what the new ECW is all about, and what the fans want, but it's bad because don't forget, ECW did have some nice technical matches in the mid 90s with the Benoits, Eddie Guerreros, Dean Malenkos, even in brief appearances. So CM Punk is trying to break out, but he's not doing anything revolutionary. Still, I'd like to see him get to win a championship sooner or later, as long as it's not as high as the world lol.

Your second push is for Chris Kanyon, and I have to admit, having Kanyon as one of my top three favorite wrestlers of all time, as dumb as that is, I'm loving it. I just get the feeling that I'd tune in to watch this every week, just to see what this guy has in store for everyone next. Despite having turned one of my favorite wrestlers into a hardcore gay gimmick, it's better than that shit he was getting after WCW closed. I always thought Kanyon had potential to be in ECW, and I actually was thinking about that idea just a few days ago, and I'm glad to see that you've given him a push and are planning big things for him. Nothing but thumbs up for that one.

I also see that you've booked Taz vs. Chris Jericho for Hardcore Resurrection, and yes, no doubt it's a great match. I wouldn't have any problems with it, but you're building it as "Taz's first and last match back in ECW", and that kind of throws me off. Not just because I'd like to see Taz wrestle some more, although I understand that his neck injury doesn't allow him to do much, I'd like to see him face someone he had a major feud against, or something similar. I would've much rather seen him fight Sabu, in what was at one point of ECW a dream match, if this were to be his last match. However, this can work out for the best if Taz stays, which I'd love. If he doesn't, I'm sure there'll be other occasions for him to fight.

Overall, this has been a fantastic diary so far, and definitely one of the best I've read in a while. I'll surely keep reading, as this has got me completely hooked.

but you're building it as "Taz's first and last match back in ECW", and that kind of throws me off.

I think, what he meant with Gertner saying that line, is that Jericho is going to beat him so much, that Taz won't be back.

I agree with Hassofpain about CM Punk. I kind of find the whole gimmick past history (if that makes sense.) It seems like something that has been done a lot of times (Foley's anti-hardcore comes to mind), and seems to be a contradiction to where ECW was in 2000.

Overall, this diary is the best I have ever read, and it's usually very hard for me to get into a diary, but this one... just wow. I can't describe the feeling when reading this, but it's always a good way to kill 10 minutes, and I always anticipate updates.

The Kanyon character is different, and something I doubt anyone expected. It should make for a solid 1st defence for RVD, while maybe seeing how Kanyon fairs in an ACTUAL hardcore enviroment.

I can't wait to see who else you bring in, and how you do it.

Guest Coley

Great show, like someone mentioned earlier the Umaga line by Gertner was hilarious. It's awesome to see Al Snow not be saddled in the mid card and pushing in the main event scene so to speak. Also great to see the return of Cyrus, I'll put money on him being an integral part of ECW.

Guest Coley

The image of CM Punk slipping on an oil slick backstage would make great TV, it would give Punk another chance to bitch at ECW.

But still, that cracks me up, shame to see the push of Punk ended prematurely, for now.

You should've used arsenic, I've been loving the CM Punk character in particular and it seems a little bad for him to be taken so prematurely away from his push. Oh well, I still have Kanyon to enjoy as well as this developing Tajiri/Whipwreck/Cyrus angle, which I hope leads to the reformation of the Network.

Good work :)