TNA - In Search of Success

Matt

My name is Matt Sentel, or so my alias would make you believe. I'm a writer or at least I was originally, now my position has definitely become more of a booker. After the retirement of a few people in the booking office in TNA, I rose from an unknown writer who simply wrote out a couple of Eric Young skits, to the head booker of TNA. More even. I am basically, now, the understudy to Dixie Carter. How I got here, it's a bit of a shaky story, but apparently the Eric Young segments I wrote were well-loved. I got to write a few more angles, including the Abyss/Christian story, which I am amazed they gave me after such a short time as an official booker. Now I pretty much single-handedly book the company following Dutch Mantell's frequent absences as he takes a more and more active role in Puerto Rico. So he's still with TNA, but he doesn't have much choice in the booking any more, he is more of a writer nowadays. And with the lack of writers around, Bill Banks has become more of a writer than a booker, leaving me as the only full-time booker of the company. Even though originally I wanted to be doing what Bill is doing, at my tender age, I'm hardly going to turn down an opportunity like this. The only scary thing is, this will make or break me when it comes to my career in pro-wrestling.

For those who are not so aware of what has been going on in TNA these last couple of months, I'll briefly outline it for you. Basically with the announcement of a new Director of Authority in the company, the current D.O.A, Mr. Larry Zbyszko got somewhat worried. Especially when whoever the new guy is brought back his arch rival, Raven! Add to that the fact that the likes of the Naturals and Rhino have been annoyed for various reasons by Larry recently, there are a lot of people who want Zbyszko's blood. With the new Authority's promise to debut at Sacrifice, who knows just what may happen to Zbyszko! The world wide web is reporting that Larry will be out of TNA soon enough, because he wasn't getting over with the fans. TNA haven't given too much indication that Larry will be completely out of the picture as he has definitely been the most successful Director of Authority TNA has had to date. No-one, not even the Internet has managed to deduce who the new staff member is, of course, I know who he is, but I'm one of the precious few who do.

When Team Japan pulled out for an unconfirmed reason, the World X Cup was called off to the disappointment of TNA fans world-wide. However, TNA officials did confirm on the website, and Mike Tenay announced it on air, that it would be returning, 100% for certain, after the June Pay Per View, Slammiversary. They also confirmed that the members involved would be even better than this time around, and that there'd be 5 teams, UK, USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan.

After Senshi returned at the Lockdown Pay Per View he has really kept his head down, however, it's reported that he will be returning, full-time pretty much, after the Sacrifice event. There is no word yet as to whether he will allow TNA to use his Low-Ki name, but the officials within the company are trying their hardest to work out an arrangement whereby they can use his name. Needless to say, I am involved in this process, but Low-Ki is rather stubborn about the fact he doesn't want TNA to use any name other than Senshi.

Christian Cage and Abyss are still going at it, much like they were before Lockdown. The two are still trying to kill each other and Christian Cage has been attacking Abyss with all of the key weapons from the Full Metal Mayhem match. The chair, the ladder and the table, and last week he placed a chair on Abyss's chest, whilst The Monster was lying on a table, and Christian jumped on him from a ladder, combining the three. Their match is sure to be electric at Sacrifice.

Alex Shelley has been causing a lot of problems amongst the X-Division, that is to say the very least. His Paparazzi Cam filming has angered lots of the stars of the X-Division, including: Matt Bentley, Shark Boy, Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal and Elix Skipper. At Sacrifice he will be facing Jay Lethal, who is looking for revenge after Alex cost Jay his chance to beat Samoa Joe when he tried to get a close up of someone finally beating Joe from inside the ring with the camera.

Rhino has been out of action for a while because he suffered a groin strain during a show for Jersey All Pro Wrestling. He's been showing up from time to time to keep his name around and he is due to return to the ring at Sacrifice, but he wasn't given a match by Larry Zbyszko, which angered him. Rhino told Larry that if he didn't give him something to do, he'd make something to do. His place in the trio with Ron Killings and AJ Styles has been replaced, at least temporarily with Chris Sabin as they headed into a feud with Team Canada.

On the tag team scene, The James Gang are taking some time off whilst their former rivals, the LAX are kicking ass left, right and centre, really causing lots of trouble around TNA. They're in the hunt for the tag titles, which are still held by America's Most Wanted, though they'll have to wait until Team 3D have had their shot at Sacrifice before they can move into the title picture. The Naturals on the other hand are staying pretty much out of the picture and are more focused on making a name for themselves, in fact they asked Larry Zbyszko to give them a well-known team to face at Sacrifice. Of course, Larry being Larry, he refused and The Naturals are rather upset with Larry and are going out of their way to make Zbyszko's life hell.

Jerry Lynn has said he is to make a return to the ring, and he plans to do so at Sacrifice when he challenges Samoa Joe for the X-Division championship in a triple threat which also features Christopher Daniels cashing in his rematch. The stipulation added to this match is that if Joe loses, he leaves the X-Division for good, and does not have a rematch under any circumstances, even if he is not pinned or made to tap out. There's a lot riding on the match, particularly for Joe who enjoys destroying the X-Division opponents put in front of him. With his streak in TNA now at 56-0, including house shows, you have to wonder can anyone stop him?

Homicide, of the Latin American Exchange, is making a name for himself outside of the tag team leagues, particularly in the X-Division as he has been putting on some solid performances against some of the top stars of the division. However, he has not exactly done so in a fair way, which has angered some people, believing it goes against the point of the X-Division which is clean, technical, fast paced, high flying wrestling.

The Diamonds in the Rough have been faring well as of late, and they are actually set to unveil a new member at Sacrifice when they take on the Latin American Exchange (Who re-added Machete recently, giving him one final opportunity) on the preshow. Simon Diamond has helped his team to a number of wins recently including Elix's shock win over Ron 'The Truth' Killings.

Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner are still in search of Sting, and have challenged him to a tag team match, which originally was meant to pit Sting and Joe, but Jarrett weaselled out of it. He claimed Joe had to defend his X-Division title because last month it was only defended against Sabu, who wasn't an X-Division superstar. Sting was angry with Jarrett for getting Joe out of the picture, but he then said he had a better idea, because he was brining in someone that TNA hasn't seen for ages. And he noted to Jarrett, that now, he can't even prepare for his opponent. Jarrett could end up regretting taking Joe out of the match, however, would you want to face a man who no-one has beaten?

I think that pretty much covers everything, Eric Young is getting more over by the day, and Jackie is still being blackmailed by that video tape, though she is pleading with Raven to bail her out. Maybe he knows something we don't? Canada has been mentioned a few more times. But I think we might have to wait for Larry to be out of the picture for Raven to revert his attention to Jackie Gayda, and Jeff Jarrett. On the hiring and firing front, Johnny Devine was released mainly because he had no use within the company any more, there is talk of a return for the World X Cup when it gets properly underway in late June. Oh and Monty Brown is still out of action, it seems his injury was worse than originally suspected, he's pencilled in for a return after the Pay Per View, with luck.

So there you have it, as far as I know everything else is the same, and you now know everything about what's going down in TNA, the TNA which I've been given all this control over. It's a scary thought, who knows if I'll succeed, but I can only hope and do my best. Here is the Sacrifice Preview:

Preshow Match: The Latin American Exchange vs. The Diamonds in the Rough:

The 30 minute free to view show will feature LAX taking in Simon Diamond's Diamonds in the Rough. The Diamonds are set to unveil a new member on the show, but will he be enough to stop the LAX?

AJ Styles/Chris Sabin/Ron Killings vs. Bobby Roode/Eric Young/Petey Williams:

With Rhino injured, Chris Sabin took his place in taking on the Canadians who, despite their loss to Team 3D, have continued their vendetta against the U.S. Unsurprisingly these men weren't about to stand for it as they fight for their country's honour at Sacrifice.

Alex Shelley vs. Jay Lethal:

An X-Division showcase match, but there is more to this match. Alex has been annoying the X-Division with his Paparazzi Cam, but he took it too far when he cost Jay the chance to beat Joe when he dropped the camera, which awoke Samoa Joe. Jay is out for revenge, and he has the support of the entire X-Division.

Team 3D vs. America's Most Wanted:

After the distraction of Team Canada, Team 3D are back to face AMW, and after getting screwed out of the tag titles last time around, they plan on winning them at Sacrifice. With Runt to make sure there is no interference that there shouldn't be, this one is sure to be a great contest, and the best men should win.

Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Jerry Lynn:

The X-Division pioneer's return to wrestling is marked by an X-Division championship match. Will Jerry Lynn be the man who can overcome Joe's reign of terror? Or will the Fallen Angel finally be able to beat Joe? This match is certainly going to be one of the very best, but you have to wonder, who will prevail?

Sting and ??? vs. Jeff Jarrett & Scott Steiner:

Jarrett wanted another shot at Sting, which was granted, in the form of a tag match. The King of the Mountain teams with Big Poppa Pump to take on the man they call Sting and a partner of his choosing. Originally Samoa Joe was going to be the man to side with Sting, but Jarrett managed to get TNA Management to overturn it. Sting, though, had a backup plan, and now Jarrett and Steiner face a mystery opponent.

Christian Cage vs. Abyss:

Picture it, it's David vs. Goliath, Champion against challenger, Captain Charisma meets The Monster, Christian Cage taking on Abyss. It's Full Metal Mayhem, steel chairs are legal, tables are legal, ladders are legal, and anything metal is legal. It's going to be an all out war when these two collide. Abyss holds the championship at the moment, but he isn't the champion, can Abyss take home the championship fairly? Or will Christian Cage take back his own possession?

Also: Raven goes in search of Larry Zbyszko and the debut of a new Director of Authority.

Edited to add logo...

IPB Image

Preshow Match: Latin American Exchange (Machete, Homicide, Hernandez, and Konnan) vs. Diamonds In The Rough (David Young, Elix Skipper, Simon Diamond, and ???):

On iMPACT! LAX announced that Machete was going to be given one last chance in the Latin American Exchange, and on the preview show Simon Diamond came out with a microphone to announce the newest member of his Diamonds in the Rough. Out came Austin Aries and LAX were worried right from the opening bell. In the end, Homicide used the Slapjack on Elix Skipper, consequently knocking him out, leading to a 3 count and a sneaky win for the Latin American Exchange.

Winners: Latin American Exchange

Opening Video:

The opening video then plays and once again, as with all TNA PPV Intro Videos, it was brilliant, a masterpiece from David Sahadi, and the crowd were ready for what is set to be a great Pay Per View.

Ron Killings, AJ Styles, and Chris Sabin vs. Team Canada (Bobby Roode, Petey Williams and Eric Young):

The opening match was quite impressive to say the least. The likes of Chris Sabin were very impressive in this match, and despite being an underdog in the match, Chris impressed the crowd with some strong period of domination as well as a moonsault which took Bobby Roode out perfectly. The USA Chants were running wild throughout this match, as were the chants of "Lets Go Sabin" and "AJ Styles". Ron Killings eventually got the win for his team when he hit the True Conviction on Petey Williams for the 3 count.

Winners: Ron Killings, AJ Styles and Chris Sabin

Alex Shelley vs. Jay Lethal:

In what was a good showcase of the X-Division, these two youngsters battled it out in a very technical affair. Alex Shelley had his Paparazzi Cam set up at ringside which was recording every action, and in fairness, it was that camera which caused the bad blood between the two men. The match was mainly ground-based and included a number of submission holds from both men and the crowd were really into this match. During the match, a number of the X-Division stars that Alex has angered with his Paparazzi Cam appeared on the stage, and distracted Alex. Lethal took the advantage from then on, but Shelley began to fight back in the closing moments of the match with a few swift technical moves. Shelley hit the Shellshock for the 3 count on Jay Lethal.

Winner: Alex Shelley

Team 3D vs. America's Most Wanted (For The NWA Tag Team Titles):

Gail Kim and Brother Runt accompanied their teams out to ringside and when this match got underway, Gail in particular, were quick to get involved. In the end, Brother Runt took AMW's handcuffs and chained Gail Kim to the ring post, making her unable to move. Chants of "We Want Tables" broke out and Team 3D answered with Runt passing the tables to his Brothers. The 3D through the tables in the end was enough to allow Brother Devon to get the 3 count, despite the referee's disapproval of the use of the tables. Team 3D, all 3 members, celebrated their newly won titles and now can say they have held titles in all 4 major promotions, ECW, WCW, WWE and now TNA.

Winners: Team 3D

The New DOA:

Larry Zbyszko is in the ring, talking about how he is the Director of Authority and that no-one else can do the role better than he did. However, the music of the Mouth of the South, Jimmy Hart hits and he seems to be back in TNA. Dressed very professional, rather odd for Jimmy, he heads down to the ring with his megaphone at hand, he however takes a microphone and chooses to place his megaphone on the floor. He begins to speak to Larry, telling him that he is not the DOA any longer, and he now has the job. He does say however that Larry can get his job back, if he completes a task, which of course interests Zbyszko. Larry urges Hart to continue, and the Mouth of the South announces that Larry must beat Raven in a loser leaves TNA match. Larry says he isn't doing it, and Jimmy says, in which case he forfeits and Larry must leave TNA forever. In the end Larry agrees and Raven's music hits, Jimmy introduces the match, and does so as a No Disqualification match!

Raven vs. Larry Zbyszko - Hardcore Rules:

The crowd are 100% behind Raven as Raven comes down with a trolley full of weapons, with everything from Trash Cans to Singapore Canes. The match begins and a number of times Larry tries to leave the ring, but Jimmy, Raven and even Cassidy Riley, stop him escaping. Raven begins to lay into Zbyszko with a series of moves before going after his array of weapons. 'The Human Cancer' puts a steel trash can into the face of Larry Zbyszko, busting him wide open before smashing him across the forehead with a lead pipe. Raven then goes to his trolley of weapons and pulls out... A pair of scissors. The crowd roar with excitement, but at the same time wonder what on earth he is going to do. Zbyszko lies unconscious on the floor as Raven kneels down in front of his head with scissors in hand. Raven begins to cut at Zbyszko's hair to the pleasure of the crowd. Raven then tosses away the scissors and picks up Larry and positions him over a steel chair in the Raven Effect position. Raven hits the Evenflow DDT onto the steel chair and quickly makes the cover and Zbyszko is gone from TNA to the delight of the crowd. Raven then gets on the microphone and tells everyone to come out. Promptly after 6 members of the TNA roster and staff come out either from the back or ringside, including Rhino, Mark 'Slick' Johnson, Jimmy Hart, Cassidy Riley and The Naturals. The 6 men help Raven hoist Zbyszko up in the air as they proceed to carry him out of the building. They go through the back of the building and over towards a skip outside Studio 21. Lots of little kids are watching as Raven and Cassidy hold onto Zbyszko by either arm and throw him up in the air and into the pile of garbage. All of the 7 men then stand around the dumpster, looking in and say their final goodbyes in a sarcastic manner.

Winner: Raven

Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Jerry Lynn (For The TNA X Division Title):

The cameras return back to the ring for the X-Division Championship contest of the evening and it features Jerry Lynn back in the title hunt after a long absence. However, for Jerry to win the match he has to overcome the unbeaten Samoa Joe or Christopher Daniels. The match was a solid technical bout and really did the belt justice, and Alex Shelley has some great action to watch on his Paparazzi Cam after he came down about 5 minutes into the bout. Samoa Joe was exceptionally stiff in this match, but Lynn and Daniels didn't complain as they were feeding off it, and all 3 men looked strong, and any of the 3 could win it. Joe had a sharpshooter locked in on Christopher Daniels for a long time but The Fallen Angel refused to tap, and eventually Lynn makes the save, taking out Joe. The Samoan Submission Machine begins to show signs of weakness, but begins to fight back with some stiff chops to Jerry Lynn. The Fallen Angel goes for a Best Moonsault Ever on Samoa Joe but doesn't connect and takes himself out of the match for a while. Lynn hits the TKO on Samoa Joe, but only gets a 2 count to his horror. Lynn tosses Joe between the ropes and approaches Daniels and hits a cradle piledriver on Christopher Daniels for the 3 count. 2 of the three title matches now included a title change and the fans are going insane with Jerry Lynn, at long last, regaining the X-Division strap. The pioneer of the X-Division has his championship back and the crowd are loving it.

Winner: Jerry Lynn

Sting and ??? vs. Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner:

Jarrett and Steiner cut a quick promo before Sting's music hits and he climbs into the ring, forcing Scott and Jeff to flee the ring. Sting talks for a while before introducing his partner as "Charismatic", "Death Defying", "High-flying", "Athletic beyond Parallel" and "an enigma". The fans roar at the final clue when they realise just who is set to come out. The music of Jeff Hardy hits and all the iMPACT! Zone is immediately pumped for a great match. Jeff runs down to the ring and flicks his hair in his famous way, making the signature taunts on the turnbuckles. The bell rings and the match gets underway with Jeff Hardy starting against Steiner. Surprisingly, Jeff does well against the Genetic Freak. However Steiner gets the advantage and that's when Jeff makes the tag. Sting's entrance to the match was met by an electrifying response from the crowd and Scott chickened out of facing the man they call Sting. Jarrett and Sting faced off for a while before a few more tags were made. Eventually Jeff Hardy had the chance to put Jarrett away following a Stinger Splash and did so promptly after a Swanton Bomb leading to the one, two, three. Sting and Hardy celebrate after as Jarrett and Steiner flee, Big Poppa refusing to face off with Sting at any point in the match.

Winners: Sting & Jeff Jarrett

Tale of the Tape:

The tale of the tape graphic for the main event is then shown which gives Abyss the edge when it comes to the height and weight categories. But under the Years Pro category, Cage was the clear winner, and Don and Mike spent a lot of time discussing the match and the scenario surrounding it.

Abyss vs. Christian Cage - Full Metal Mayhem Match (For The NWA World Heavyweight Title):

There are lots of Tables, Ladders and Chairs set up at Ringside and they were quickly brought into play when Cage used the con-chair-toe on the monster Abyss. James Mitchell got Abyss to use his steel chain to drag Christian through a table and into a ladder. It was a very violent match overall, which included Christian Cage doing a frog splash off a 20 foot ladder onto Abyss, who was lying on a table. It took a Black Hole Slam onto a pile of thumbtacks to put either man anyway, and to the disappointment of many fans, it was, evidently, Abyss who walked away with the championship. This was the third championship to change hands in one night, something which had previously yet to happen in TNA, but at Sacrifice it did, and we have 3 new champions. Christian Cage was a bloody mess by the end and Abyss wasn't much better, especially after 'The War Machine' Rhino hit the ring and gored both Abyss and Jim Mitchell. Leaving Rhino stood tall at the end of the pay per view.

Winner: Abyss

TNA got a 0.71 buy rate for 'Sacrifice'!

The attendance was 9082 people.

TNA made $1775000 from pay-per-view revenue.

TNA made $363280 from ticket sales.

Edited by - Matt -

IPB Image

The Crowning of the Champion:

After a brief firework display at the entrance ramp, we are immediately taken to the ring are where Dave Penzar is in the ring which appears to be set up for the coronation of Royalty. Dave introduces the new NWA World Champion and Abyss makes his way down to the ring accompanied by James Mitchell who does a short speech talking about how Abyss got what he deserved, a World Championship. Mitchell then tells Abyss to sit on the throne which is in the centre of the ring and the monster follows commands. Just as Mitchell gets on one knee to hand over the NWA belt to the champion, some familiar music hits and out comes Christian Cage, much to the annoyance of Abyss who stands up and shows his anger by tensing his muscles and shaking angrily. Cage begins to tell Abyss that he went to the TNA Head Office and asked if he could cash in his rematch at the next pay per view. With the next pay per view being Slammiversary, the 4 your anniversary of TNA, management said there was to be a King of the Mountain match. Abyss begins to look angry as he extends his arms out towards Cage whilst Mitchell shakes his head in disapproval, though his face clearly shows surprise. Cage goes on to say he was told he could cash in his shot, and it'd mean an automatic place in the match, whereas others have to prove themselves. Cage then began to descend towards the ring, talking as he does so. And once he gets in the ring he tells Abyss his decision, and he accepted the offer. Cage then dived at Abyss and the two began brawling but it didn't last long as the officials hit the ring.

Senshi vs. AJ Styles:

We first see a vignette promoting Senshi, it shows him vowing to become a dominant force in TNA, and he said he'll start tonight when he defeats TNA's wonder-child, AJ Styles. He goes onto say he has eyes firmly on the X-Division prize around Jerry Lynn's waist. Senshi and AJ then both make their way out to the ring, and the match starts very quickly with Senshi going after AJ with his martial arts moves. Senshi was extremely stiff as always, but AJ didn't appear to have any problems with it as he pulled off a couple of great spots, typical of an AJ Styles match. The end was Senshi hitting the Ki-Krusher on the unsuspecting Phenomenal One who had just landed on his feet, following a moonsault which Senshi dodged. Senshi got the 3 count rather easily and headed straight to the back without even looking back at AJ who was still in pain following the Ki-Krusher.

Winner: Senshi

So Much for Big Poppa Pump:

Sting was stood backstage with Jeremy Borash and did his trademark call to start the interview before taking the microphone from J.B, and announcing that he was setting a challenge to the man who for the past two pay per views has been scared of him. A man who has avoided to get it going in the ring with him. Sting goes onto say that this man was brought in to TNA to get rid of him, but it seems so far all he's done is chicken out. The Stinger lays out a challenge to Scott Steiner for Slammiversary. Borash then closes the interview as Sting walks away by recapping over what Sting just said.

Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Roode:

In what was a relatively short match simply used to add to Joe's unbeaten streak which now stands at 57-0 following this match. All the members of Team Canada tried to help Roode out in this match, but it didn't work as they were sent to the back by referee Andrew Thomas. The Canadians were outraged, including Roode, and it was then that Joe hit a full nelson bomb which led to the Kokina Clutch being applied forcing the Canadian Enforcer to tap to the Samoan Submission Machine.

Winner: Samoa Joe

Sorting Out Some Issues:

Jimmy Hart is in his office talking with Jerry Lynn who says that he wants his first X-Division title defence at Slammiversary to be against someone who's never been in an X-Division title match, but is in the ranks. Jimmy points out that those people are few and far between, but he will do all he can. Just as Jerry is about to thank the Mouth of the South, in comes Raven who's ears were pricked earlier when Christian mentioned King of the Mountain. Raven mentions that not only did he never get a title rematch, but he won King of the Mountain last year, and that he deserves to be in that match more than anyone else on the roster. Hart agrees with Raven and says he can be in the match, cue the entrance of the War Machine. Rhino walks in and demands that he gets a shot after laying out the champion at the end of the pay per view, Jimmy Hart says that as impressive as that was, it doesn't deem a shot. But he will be put into a qualifying match next week against another contender, and that the same will happen with other members of the roster who are in contention. Rhino looks satisfied, but slightly angered that he didn't qualify automatically. Jeff Jarrett then came flying through the door and said he WAS the King of the Mountain, Raven quickly reminds him that A) He won last year and B) He still wanted Jarrett's blood for stealing his title. Jimmy told the two to break it up as they got right in each other's face, and Hart went on to say that Jarrett already has an opponent for Slammiversary, and he'll find out who in due course. TNA iMPACT! then goes for the final commercial break of the night with Jarrett looking both unsure and slightly worried.

Team 3D vs. Eric Young, Petey Williams, Alex Shelley:

The new tag team champions are joined by their brother, Runt, in tonight's 6 man main event against Team Canada's Eric Young and Petey Williams who are alongside contraversial X-Division star Alex Shelley. Needless to say the controversial Paparazzi Cam made it's way down to ringside in order to record the match on behalf of Alex Shelley. This was a good match and all 6 men did well, particularly Runt who seems to be back to his best now. Eric acted his gimmick out perfectly, as ever, and this was one of the best matches iMPACT! has seen in a long while. The match however was ruined when Homicide, Machete, Konnan and Hernandez, the LAX, hit the ring and attacked Team 3D for no real reason, leaving the tag champions and Brother Runt in a pool of blood to end iMPACT! The match was ruled as a no contest by referee Mark 'Slick' Johnson.

Winners: No Contest

TNA got a 4.36 rating for 'TNA iMPACT!'!

The attendance level was 3504 people.

TNA made $105120 from ticket sales.

IPB Image

Scott isn't Scared, but Jeff's definitely Worried:

iMPACT! starts with the usual display of fireworks before the sirens bellowing out, however it's not Scott's music which follows, it's Jarrett's, and the two come out together heading to the ring without so much as looking at anything else. Steiner tenses his muscles before the music and light effects fade away leaving Jeff in the ring with a microphone and Scott next to him. Jarrett begins to speak.

"Last week on iMPACT! I was told by our so-called Director of Authority, Jimmy Hart, that I couldn't be involved in the King of the Mountain match. Well quite frankly, that's a travesty. But what's more of a travesty is that 'The Mouth of the South' won't even tell me my opponent."

Steiner then takes the microphone.

"HOLLA! If Ya' Hear Me! You know what, cut that crap. You know just who I am. I'm the big bad booty daddy, Scott Steiner. And I'm not scared of anyone Sting. That's right, not even you. Why have I chose not to attack you in our matches together? It's usually because you're getting too much of an ass-kicking anyway. But y'know, whatever Sting, you know I can beat you. And at Slammiversary Sting, you know I'm going to beat you. I'm going to lock on the Steiner Recliner, and I'm going to make the Stinger tap! That's right Sting, I'm going to bring your ego back down to earth. Because whilst I'm still a perfect specimen, you, you're a wrinkly old man nowadays."

All of a sudden the lights go out, Sting's music hits and all the scorpion symbols flash on the stage. Steiner begins to get nervous, and turn around frantically looking for Sting. After a few moments, Jimmy Hart steps out of the tunnel, laughing, with his megaphone in one hand and a microphone in the other. Sting's entrance sequence ends rather suddenly and Steiner and Jeff look irate at Jimmy Hart. Jimmy begins to speak.

"Hey Steiner. Your face then, it was priceless. So much for not being scared of the man they call Sting. Now Jeff, you want to know who your opponent is?"

"Well welcome back to this week Jimmy, of course I want to know who my damn opponent is. Will you just spill it already and stop patronising me, it's seriously annoying, tell me who I'm facing, and it doesn't matter who it is, because I'll kick their ass so hard they'll wish they never stepped into my ring."

"Hey, hey, Jeff. Shut the hell up. None of these fans want to hear you go on all day about every little thing you can find to talk about. Now, your opponent. Well I don't want to tell you, not just now, it'll ruin the surprise, and brother, is it a surprise. But I can tell you Jeff that there will be a contract signing next week, and it's then that you'll find out who your opponent is for Slammiversary."

"Why the hell can't you just tell me? I'm the King of the Mountain damn it. I'm Jeff Jarrett!"

"Why can't you shut up? You don't run this place Jeff, I do. You don't like it, fine, go up North and polish a big nose for 6 months until you get a decent run. It doesn't bother me Jeff. Now, I have more important matters to discuss, mainly the King of the Mountain match. Abyss, Christian Cage and Raven are already confirmed, which leaves 3 places open. This week, two of those places will be decided, and next week, the final place will be decided. So if you two wouldn't mind getting the hell out of that ring, the first match will begin and it will feature: Lance Hoyt against a man who's been out of TNA for a couple of months now. You might have forgotten him, so let me give y'all a reminder. He hails from the Serenghetti, he is a 2 time Superbowl winner, he is the Alpha Male, Monty Brown!"

With that Monty Brown's music hits and he and Jeff exchange a brief glance at each other as Jarrett makes his way up the ramp. Scott and Jeff head up the ramp opposite to where Jimmy is just leaving. IMPACT! then goes for the commercial break of the night.

Lance Hoyt vs. Monty Brown (King of the Mountain Qualifying Match):

A relatively standard match which saw the return of the Alpha Male following an injury sustained at Destination X, more than 2 months ago. Hoytamania seems to be still alive, but nowhere near as dominant as it was 12 months ago, but it was good to hear "Hoyt, Hoyt, Hoyt" chants again. Lance went for his trademark moonsault at one point but the Alpha Male managed to get out of the way before hitting the Alpha Bomb for the 3 count. Monty Brown advances to the King of the Mountain and afterwards Monty did some posing for the crowd, who were happy to see him back despite their dislike of him.

Winner: Monty Brown

AJ Styles vs. Kenny King:

Over in 60 seconds, nothing more to say really. Kenny barely got a shot in on AJ, and when he did it was usually countered. Oh well, it's hardly like you'd expect any more from a Kenny King match. The Styles Clash won it for AJ Styles relatively easily.

Winner: AJ Styles

Jerry Lynn vs. Alex Shelley (Non-Title):

Shelley Cam, needless to say, was brought down to ringside for this match as the two X-Divisioners locked up in a gruelling technical battle. Some great submission holds applied from the man behind the camera. Jerry Lynn was put under pressure many times in this match-up, and it appeared as if the X-Division Champion wasn't having much luck. Just as Lynn got some momentum going there was an unwanted disturbance which included Homicide, of the LAX, hitting the ring and nailing Jerry Lynn with the Slapjack. The match was ruled as a No-Contest as the entire LAX then hit the ring, Konnan with a microphone in hand. Alex Shelley fled as Konnan's troops attacked the X-Division pioneer. Konnan begins to speak.

"Hey Jerry Lynn. You want to defend that X-Division title huh? Well how about my boy, Homicide takes you on at the 4 year anniversary of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Oh and Jerry. We don't take no for an answer. Because in Latin America, we always get our way. If you refuse, we beat you. And you wouldn't want that now, would you?"

Team 3D, however, hit the ring and the LAX flee leaving Lynn on the floor with his forehead bust open. The three men try and bring Jerry Lynn back to consciousness as they look on at the Latin American Xchange. The cameras show Mike Tenay and Don West as they talk whilst Jerry makes his way to his feet and stumbles to the back with his X-Division title with the help of Team 3D.

Winner: No Contest

Senshi vs. Shark Boy:

Senshi makes light work of Shark Boy in a match which didn't even last 5 minutes. Some stiff chops were fired by Senshi who was electric as always. Shark Boy sold really well in this match and Senshi's martial arts skills really shone through with roundhouse kicks and karate chops all around. The match was one with a Ki-Krusher and a swift 3 count.

Winner: Low-Ki

The War Rages On:

Christian Cage is backstage with Jeremy Borash and needless to say, Christian Cage is still bitter after losing his World title to Abyss and Jeremy Borash starts the interview.

"Christian Cage, 10 days ago you lost an NWA title match to the Monster Abyss. You cashed in your rematch opportunity last week when you took a place in the King of the Mountain match. And now you know 3 of the men who will be in that match with Rhino vs. Chris Harris later on to decide the 5th man. What are your thoughts?"

"My thoughts J.B? My thoughts are simple, I lost my title because I got overconfident, something you shouldn't do against the Monster Abyss. Well I've still got bad blood against Abyss, and there's nothing I want to do more than to kick his ass in the King of the Mountain match. But you know Jeremy, that isn't going to be enough to satisfy me. He invaded my privacy, and he tried to kill me. He made my life flash before my eyes, and at Slammiversary, I'm going to do the exact same to him. Because that's how I..."

The crowd shout back "Roll" as Cage smirks and walks off away from the camera, with J.B sending the cameras back to the ring area.

Samoa Joe vs. James Murkstone:

Another squash match, Joe just brayed this kid in, he didn't stand a chance from the minute stepped into the ring. Come to think of it, the second his name was announced he'd lost it. He was an indy star looking to make a break in TNA, probably not using the name he uses on the independent circuit. He looked good to be honest, sold quite well. Joe used the Musclebuster for the 3 count. Didn't even need the Kokina Clutch. This lasted a bit longer than the AJ match, but not much longer, certainly not over 2 minutes. iMPACT! goes for one last commercial interval.

Rhino vs. Chris Harris (King of the Mountain Qualifying Match):

The main event for the evening saw Jackie Gayda, Gail Kim and James Storm all accompany Harris to ringside, stacking the odds up against Rhino from the very beginning. The match is a great brawl and the 2 men are really going at it with everything they can. Rhino goes for the Gore at one point, but James Storm pulls Chris Harris out of the ring to make the save. Rhino then goes to the outside to take out Gail and Storm, but Harris then takes advantage. Chris throws him back in the ring and goes for the Catatonic but doesn't have the strength to pick Rhino up. The War Machine battled back and managed to hit the Gore on the Wildcat giving him the victory. Immediately after the bell however, Rhino is attacked by Jim Mitchell and Abyss with Abyss hitting the Torture Rack on the Man Beast. Christian Cage then makes his way to the ring with a steel chair in hand to take out Abyss and save Rhino from a beating. As iMPACT! goes off air, Cage and Rhino look at each other, with tension clearly between the two men heading into Slammiversary.

Winner: Rhino

We got a 4.45 rating for 'TNA iMPACT!'!

The attendance level was 3502 people.

We made $105060 from ticket sales.

Edit: I should have mentioned, the squash matches (AJ and Joe) weren't actually booked, as any TNA fan will know, TNA try and cram as much as possible into one hour, therefore I can't afford to book the squashes on the EWR game. Also I'll be playing around with the style of writing as I'm trying to find one which I like the best.

Edited by - Matt -

TNA Goes Primetime:

Spike TV today confirmed that TNA is going Prime Time as of next week. The show will be broadcast from 21:30 (ET) to 23:00 (ET). This is good news for TNA who now have 90 Minutes in which to broadcast their iMPACT! show. The day will remain to be Thursday and Full Contact Thursday will continue, however, The Ultimate Fighter will now begin at 19:30 and UFC: Unleashed will run in TNA's old time slot of 23:00-0:00 (ET). The reason for this move is mainly due to the fact that UFC was recieving lower ratings than Total Nonstop Action. UFC aren't disappointed with this, as they have good relations with TNA, and if it's going to give them a better lead-in, they are all for it. It also allows UFC to be slightly more risky than before and allow more brutal fights. This week, today, will be the final week of regular TV slots as we know them, with TNA still doing the one hour show aired at 11pm (ET).

OOC: I didn't actually ask for this, or want it, as I have tried to keep this diary realistic, it was forced upon me by Spike TV, I simply got an email saying we'd been moved to prime time, I hope me keeping it to 90 minutes as opposed to 2 hours keeps the realism alive somewhat. Especially seeing as in TNA they like to do lots of short segments.

IPB Image

Jerry Lynn and Team 3D vs. Latin American Exchange:

A bloody massacre to kick off iMPACT! this week with the LAX dominating for the most part. The Runt of the Litter managed to impress the crowd with his pace when he took out all 4 members of Latin American Exchange in the space of 5 seconds. Team 3D went to 'Get the Tables' and successfully put Machete straight through it. Machete though managed to kick out at 2 to the astonishment of everyone. Then out of nowhere Homicide hit the Cop Killa on Jerry Lynn following a slapjack shot which lead to Homicide getting a fall over the X-Division champion. The beat-down continued for a while after the match was over before Team 3D got back to their feet and scared Latin American Exchange out of the ring when they came armed with various weapons. LAX look on in the ring pointing at Team 3D and Lynn whilst the half-brothers try to wake Jerry Lynn up after the beating he took.

Winners: Latin American Exchange.

I Think you Hear him Knocking, and at Slammiversary, I think he's Coming in:

The cameras are taken to a backstage area, some steps are shown with Raven sat on them with his hands on his head as he looks up, ready to speak to the cameras.

"This past year has been somewhat of a rollercoaster for me. This time 12 months ago I was a matter of weeks away from winning my most prestigious prize to date. I won the King of the Mountain match at last years Slammiversary Pay Per View, and this year, I'm going to do the very same again. Except this year, Jeff Jarrett, I'm not going to let some slimy grease ball like you take away what I worked for. This year, Jarrett, I'm not going to be cheated out of my own possessions. You see, when you took that title from me Jeff, you dug your own grave, and since then I haven't had chance to put the corpse in that grave. What with Larry Zbyszko suspending me and then even firing me, I've had no opportunity to do so. However, a few months back, well before Christmas, you fell into my trap. You don't even realise you've walked into it. You know about it, definitely. But you don't know that I'm behind it Jeff.. So once I've claimed my title back, I'm coming after you Jarrett. And if I were you, I wouldn't keep your enemies as close as you have been. But onto more short term issues, I have to overcome 5 other men. The Monster Abyss, one of the most impressive individuals to ever step in the TNA ring, and he has the Heavyweight title, my Heavyweight title, to show for it. Abyss, you might be menacing, but I'm a Human Cancer, I inflict pain and suffering on other Human Beings for my pleasure. You're a mere common cold in comparison to me Abyss, sure you may have the Sinister Minister in your corner. But Jim Mitchell has never topped me when it comes to violence, have you James? At Slammiversary, Abyss, prepare for a beating worse than the one you took at No Surrender in the Dog Collar match. Christian Cage, we've never faced each other in a TNA ring, but I'm pretty damn sure that I could beat you, just like I've done to all the rest. Rhino, the Man Beast, the War Machine! A true shining light on the TNA roster, but Rhino, just because you're a true warrior. That doesn't mean you can survive a beating like the kind I hand out, we've faced each other before, and I came out victorious. Sure we have a friendship, but as you well know, when that belt is on the line, there are no friends, only enemies trying to prevent you from achieving your destiny. And my destiny is to win the NWA World Championship. So, Monty Brown, if you think that because you're a former linebacker for the New England Patriots, you're in for an easy ride. You're not, because I'm back in TNA. And I am in search of my destiny, and I'm more hungry and determined to succeed than ever before. At Slammiversary, I think you hear me knocking. I think I'm coming in. Quoth The Raven. Nevermore."

The cameras fade to black as iMPACT! goes for a commercial break.

Samoa Joe vs. BG James:

BG gets his backside well and truly kicked early on, but eventually James manages to get his hand in the face of Samoa Joe, catching him off guard. From then on James takes a somewhat advantage, but it was nothing better than a typical squash match of Joe's in the end because he quickly took the momentum back. Joe hit the powerbomb and actually got the pinfall with it, to the amazement of the crowd. Joe though, wanted to apply the STF anyway, and did so after the match was ended. Kip then came into the ring to rip Joe off his partner, but the Samoan Submission Machine held on as officials ran into the ring to break the hold up.

Alex Shelley vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Petey Williams vs. Ron Killings:

A match filled with technical excellence and agility was the best way to showcase the X-Division right here with all 4 men at their best. D'Amore came down to the ring, needless to say, with Petey Williams for this match and, as usual, got involved on multiple occasions. Daniels went for the BME on Alex Shelley at one point, but when Shelley rolled out of the way, The Fallen Angel somehow managed to stay on his feet, only to be promptly be taken by down by a brilliant flip toss from Ron Killings. Alex Shelley applied a crossface to Petey Williams towards the end, but it was quickly broken up by the Truth. Petey ended up on the outside with Scott D'Amore and Killings saw that as a chance to go soaring over the top rope, leaving just Christopher Daniels and Alex Shelley in the ring. After a few reversals from several holds, Alex Shelley finally managed to get something going his way as he applied a Border City Stretch to the Fallen Angel. Daniels tried to hold out, but in the end it was too much and Alex Shelley picked up the win, all of course recorded on the Paparazzi Cam.

Winner: Alex Shelley

Captain Charisma on the Microphone:

Christian Cage is sat in his locker room taping up his wrists for his match with Abyss and Scott Steiner when he teams with Sting, in just a few moments. Christian turns around and begins to speak.

"Tonight, I team with one of the biggest legends in the industry. It's going to be just the second time we team together, and I promise all my peeps out there that we will be just as impressive and just as immense as the last time we stepped into the ring. But this week, we take on opponents which we both are aggravated by. Abyss, invaded my private life, he tried to kill me, and he has wound me up beyond belief. There's nothing I want to do more than destroy Abyss and his lackey, James Mitchell. And Sting. Well I think actions speak louder than words. Every time 'Big Poppa Pump' attacks Sting, it's a sneak attack. For a man who's not scared of anyone, he sure doesn't want to face the Stinger. But really, you can't blame Steiner, I mean, he knows Sting could kick his ass any day of the week. Which is why he has to get in cheap shots and sneak attacks, when Sting is least expecting it. But now there's no running or hiding for either Abyss or Steiner, they'll both get what they deserve which is nothing more than a royal ass-whooping courtesy of Christian Cage and Sting. Because that's how I...."

The fans immediately roar back with the final word of the sentence which is of course "Roll". Christian smiles and then heads out of his locker room door as we're taken to J.B preparing for an interview.

It's Showtime Scott:

Jeremy Borash is stood with a microphone in hand as he is about to introduce his interviewee for the night.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Jeremy Borash, backstage with none other than the man they call STING!"

The gloved hand lands on the shoulder of Jeremy Borash causing Borash to slowly turn and check that it is Sting as the cameras follow him. As soon as the face-painted man is seen by the camera the usually call is made by the Stinger.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! J.B. I tell you my friend, tonight is going to be a great night. And why? Because I get to kick Scott Steiner from one side of the ring to the other, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me. Scott, there's no running, and no hiding tonight, nor will there be at Slammiversary when the Stinger takes on the Genetic Freak. But do you know what really is the bee in my bonnet at the moment Borash? Well I guess you don't. It's the fact that Steiner is going around and he's crippling a bunch of youngsters who are learning their trade. He's striking fear into the hearts of the new generation of wrestlers. And that's not acceptable, because if TNA is to be the new face of professional wrestling. Well, we can't have our young stars being dismantled by thugs like Scott Steiner. I won't stand for it, those guys did nothing to Scott, but he destroyed them anyway. That has to stop, and it will stop, once the Stinger is done with him tonight. IT'S SHOWTIME FOLKS!"

And on that note iMPACT! goes to a commercial break as Sting walks off to make his way to the ring for the tag team match, which is next!

Sting and Christian Cage vs. Scott Steiner and Abyss:

The match was a great match from top to bottom with Abyss and Christian Cage starting it off, to a huge ovation from the crowd inside the iMPACT zone. When Sting was tagged in there was a huge roar, and Steiner demanded to be tagged in to prove he isn't scared of Sting. Although he didn't really show that as he kept ducking out of the way of Sting so much, not allowing Sting anywhere near him. Eventually Cage had had enough and decided to jump Steiner, giving him a taste of his own medicine. That of course lured Abyss in the ring and Sting decided to sort him out. Christian and Steiner went fighting to the outside, with Jim Mitchell trying to get a few cheap shots in on Christian at the same time. The brawl was pretty even with both men getting a lot of shots in on the other, whether they be punches or slams into the guard rails. Sting managed to get the Scorpion Deathlock on Abyss after a few moments of trying to turn him over and after that there was no coming back. The champion tapped almost immediately as Sting smiled despite the face-paint beginning to wear off. After a few seconds The Stinger broke the hold as Christian Cage came back into the ring and the two got their arms raised as they celebrated with the crowd in Orlando.

Winners: Sting and Christian Cage

And the partner is...:

When iMPACT comes back from a commercial break the music of Jeff Jarrett hits as Jimmy Hart is already in the ring with a table in the middle of the squared circle. Jarrett makes his way to the ring as Jimmy Hart sets two chairs up, one at either side of the table as he holds what appears to be the contract in his hand. Jarrett has his guitar with him as he places it next to the chair he is sat down on. Jimmy Hart then grabs a microphone.

"Jeff Jarrett baby, glad you could make it. Now I'm guessing you'll be anxious to find out who your opponent for Slammiversary is, am I right?"

"Yeah, you're right, so spill, who in God's name is it?"

"Well, if you'd like to take a look at the tunnel in front of you, I'm rather sure that you'll be greeted by the man who would love to do nothing more than beat you at Slammiversary."

"Jimmy, you know as well as I do, there's not a man alive who could match up to the King of the Mountain, Jeff Jarrett."

The music of Samoa Joe then hits as Jeff's face freezes in a state of shock, Jimmy Hart can be seen to be smiling in the corner of the camera. The cameras then look at the tunnel to see the Samoan Submission Machine stepping out with the towel over his head. Joe points at Jarrett who still hasn't moved as he heads towards the ring. When he eventually arrives there he looks down on Jarrett before grabbing his chair and tossing it away. Jimmy then steps forward.

"Jeff Jarrett, your opponent is Samoa Joe, baby yeah! Now without further ado, lets get this contract signed so the match is official."

Jeff takes a pen from the table and very nervously takes the contract from Jimmy's hand, placing it on the desk and signing it with Joe's eyes never leaving Jeff. Joe then grabs the pen out of Jarrett's hand, worrying the King of the Mountain. Joe signs his name on the contract before smirking at Jeff Jarrett. Jeff looks around as Jimmy takes the contract away from the desk and Jeff stand up. Joe then immediately picks up Jarrett and flings him across the ring and into the turnbuckle pads. Don West can be heard screaming with his usual cheap catch phrases as Joe approaches Jarrett and locks in the Kokina Clutch on the former champion. Security hit the ring to get Joe off Jarrett as iMPACT goes for the last commercial break of the night.

Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles (King of the Mountain Qualifier):

In what was a rematch of Jeff Hardy's first match, these two men gave it everything in order to get in the King of the Mountain match. Hardy's return to singles action was impressive for the man who still has lots of followers in the iMPACT zone. Jeff and AJ put on a spectacular X-Division match with combinations of speed, technicality and high flying. Jeff hit the Twist of Fate on AJ Styles before he climbed up tot he top rope and was poised to hit the Swanton Bomb. Senshi then hits the ring from nowhere and picks up Jeff Hardy and hits a musclebuster, Samoa Joe style, seemingly saving AJ, but why? Well it later became clear why, he wanted Jeff Hardy as he put AJ on top of Hardy and awoke the referee, forcing him to make the 3 count. AJ was declared the winner, but Senshi simply grabbed him and threw him through the ropes as he went to work on Jeff Hardy, applying the Dragon Clutch as iMPACT went off air.

Winner: AJ Styles

We got a 4.45 rating for 'TNA iMPACT!'!

The attendance level was 3504 people.

We made $105120 from ticket sales.

OOC: Yeah, this was actually a Prime Time show, but I booked as few segments as possible to keep the storyline, because obviously TNA wouldn't just go Prime Time one week without promoting it, also the rating has been edited to suit the Late Evening slot :)

Guest LoneXWolf

I just joined EWB and took a look at the first TNA diary I could find. I have to say, im impressed. I like the way you keep the match descriptions short and sweet. I understand about TEW just making you change your timeslot, happened to me a bunch of times.

So keep up to good work. Sacrafice was greatly written. The iMPACTS you wrote where also grade 'A'. Keep up the good work.

This is quite the TNA diary you have going. I like how Abyss is the new champion as he certainly deserves it and he and James Mitchell are making him seem like a believable champion as well. Can't Complain with Lynn as X-Division Champion as I've done it in my own diary. Looking forward to Joe vs. Jarrett as it's quite the match-up. The only real thing that bugs me is the minor typos I see here and there, like in Senshi vs. AJ Styles, you put "Winner: Low-Ki" and at Sacrifice you put "Winners: Sting and Jeff Jarrett" but other than the little mistakes that everyone's entitled to make, it's quite the diary, and I give it the official (Y)

IPB Image

Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries and Elix Skipper and David Young and Simon Diamond:

Wow, what can you say about this match? The Samoan Submission Machine taking on four, yes, four wrestlers, collectively known as the Diamonds in the Rough. Samoa Joe was actually holding out for a few minutes, but then the numbers game came in and when David Young, somehow, hit the Spinebuster it appeared to be all over for Joe. Somehow Joe kept his streak going though as he got his foot on the rope, to the shock of Diamonds in the Rough. Joe threw all the members other than Aries out of the ring, to whom he applied a Kokina Clutch following a Musclebuster. Just when it seemed Austin was ready to tap out, who should hit the ring with a guitar, but Jeff Jarrett, taking out Joe with a guitar to the head. Jarrett then picked up Joe and hit a stroke on the champion as the referee called a disqualification win for Samoa Joe.

Undefeated... For now:

Jeff Jarrett quickly grabbed a microphone from the announcer's table before returning to Samoa Joe who's lying unconscious in the ring.

"Hey Joe, how does it feel to be on the floor like that? How does it feel Joe? You like it? Well tough. You're going to have to get used to it, because in a few weeks, when Slammiversary rolls around, I'll end your unbeaten streak once and for all Joe. You might be able to beat a couple of skinny lightweights, but you can't beat the King of the Mountain. There's absolutely no way in hell you can beat the single greatest wrestler in TNA, it's just not going to happen Joe. At Slammiversary, your streak is over, because this is my ring and my world."

'It's my world' then crashes over the speakers as iMPACT goes for a commercial break with Jarrett standing victorious over the unbeaten Samoan Submission Machine, Samoa Joe.

The James Gang vs. Sonjay Dutt and Chris Sabin:

A pointless filler match really, the only purpose was to remind the fans that Sonjay Dutt and Chris Sabin were still about seeing as they hadn't been on television since the World X Cup was postponed. The match was a little bit of a mix match as far as styles went and BG James looks more pathetic in the ring by the day. The match was average, especially for an iMPACT! bout containing two X-Division athletes, the crowd were into Dutt and Sabin, but the James Gang were only getting 'boring' chants. Eventually the bout was won when Sabin hit the Cradleshock on Kip James whilst Sonjay kept BG James busy on the outside.

Winners: Sonjay Dutt and Chris Sabin

Lance Hoyt vs. Chris Harris:

It appears as if Lance Hoyt is going to be getting a good push again, which was delayed from last year when his attitude got in the way. Hoyt picked up an easy win over the Wildcat, who was escorted to the ring by his partner James Storm along with Gail Kim. Big Lance from Big D manages to dominate this match which was a good brawl with a hint of speed and technical excellence added into the mix. A moonsault eventually won the match for Lance after he took out both 'Cowboy' James Storm and Gail Kim to ensure no interference. Lance appears to be over with the crowd once more as Hoytamania was running wild during the after-match celebrations.

Winner: Lance Hoyt

The Monster's Waiting:

James Mitchell is stood backstage with his monster Abyss who is proudly holding the World Heavyweight Championship over his shoulder. James Mitchell looks as evil and callous as ever as he addresses the TNA Audiences.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, for those too insolent to remember, my names is Father James Mitchell, and this man stood next to me is the most violent, sickening and dominant force in wrestling's history. And why is he so dominant, well it's simple really. Abyss is a monster, he is stronger, and more powerful than any man in the entire company. For ages he's been held back and not given the opportunity to freely run with the prize he has always deserved. But a few weeks ago at the TNA Pay Per View, Sacrifice, Abyss finally took the prize which he deserves. He took home the NWA Heavyweight Championship, for the first time in his amazing career. And there isn't a man alive who deserves it more than Abyss. Because you see, Christian Cage, Abyss is more of a man than you'll ever be. You weren't worthy to hold this title, you weren't even worthy to lay eyes on it. As for the other men in this so called King of the Mountain match, you all don't stand a chance. There's only one King in this empire, and he goes by the name of Abyss, and he's stood right next to me. Raven, you think you deserve this title? Raven, you're nothing but a piece of trash that's been used over and over again. Your actions have become so stale, they are in a league of their own. You talk about your destiny Raven, your destiny will amount to nothing when I press the detonator and unleash the mortal weapon which is 'The Monster' Abyss."

James Mitchell laughs as he gives the detonator taunt and Abyss comes flying forward, making the moaning noise he has become famous for whilst spitting on the camera and clenching his fists.

Rhino vs. Konnan:

This match was a good brawl between the leader of the Latin American Exchange and the man who will be heading into the King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary. The Latin American Exchange followed Konnan to the ring as Rhino realised the odds were stacked against him. And his fears were correct as the LAX hit the ring one by one as Konnan was on the mat, first Machete, who was taken out with a gore. And then there was Hernandez who received a clothesline followed by a gorilla press to the outside before Homicide hit the ring. Homicide brought a slapjack with him and he attempted to use it on the War Machine, but to no avail as Rhino managed to duck the slapjack shot and clotheslined Homicide over the top rope and to the outside. Konnan then staggers to his feet as he is met with a Rhino Driver from the former NWA Champion which lead to a swift 3 count. Promptly after the match, however, the entire LAX hit the ring with weapons, steel chairs, lead pipes and slapjacks, and begin to attack the War Machine, beating him up and busting him wide open. Homicide then gets on the microphone as the rest of LAX try to awake their leader.

"Olla Lei, this is the Latin American Exchange, this is how we do things. We don't get our way, we attack and destroy our opponents. You gotta believe that, dawg. There no two ways about it, there no stopping it. If you screw us over, we kick yo' ass. Rhino saw how 'dat happens right there, and so will Jerry Lynn if he doesn't give me an X-Division title shot at Slammiversary. Oh you gotta believe."

Homicide drops the microphone as he helps Konnan to the back, following the Rhino Driver he just took as the LAX seem to have a new, more violent attitude.

When Sting meets Steiner... There's going to be Fireworks:

Backstage Sting is getting ready to cut an interview as he is stood in front of the TNA logo, but as he opens his mouth he is attacked with a steel chair, needless to say by Scott Steiner. The short segment comes to an end with Sting bloodied on the floor as Scott begins to shout at him.

"Cowardly, huh Sting, how you like that? How you like that Sting? See you at Slammiversary."

The camera then fades away with a graphic shot of Sting's bloodied face.

Senshi vs. Ron Killings:

This match turned out to be the best of the night with a mix of speed, stiffness and technicality helping in that. The match started slow, but built up quicker when Killings started to kick into gear and Senshi's martial arts kicked in. Senshi grabs Ron Killings and applies the Dragon Clutch, and there appears to be no way back for Ron 'The Truth' Killings. And that much was true as 'The Truth' taps out to the submission hold. Senshi refuses to break the hold on the Truth but is soon attacked by the man he took out last week, Jeff Hardy. Hardy takes Senshi to the floor with a roundhouse kick to the back of the head before heading up to the top and posing for the crowd in the Swanton position. Hardy then launches himself forward leaving Senshi on the floor as Ron Killings heads up the ramp, and Hardy shouts "Me, you, Slammiversary" to Senshi.

Winner: Senshi

Team 3D vs. The Naturals:

In a non-title contest, Brother Ray and Brother Devon took on the Naturals in tag team action and it was a very good match. Chase Stevens went for a shooting star press on Brother Devon, but failed. Brother Runt was at ringside to watch his brothers, but not for long, because the Latin American Exchange made their way back out to the ring half way through the match. They immediately took out the Runt of the litter with a series of weapon shots, including the slapjack, which angered 3D. They didn't, however, get involved with the match until after the bell sounded. Team 3D hit the Deadly Death Drop on Andy Douglas who was busy arguing with LAX about something. As soon as the referee made the cover, though, LAX hit the ring with tables and other weapons. They first took out the Brothers and the Naturals, before setting up the wooden tables, before they put Team 3D through them, leaving the tag champions a bloody mess as iMPACT! goes for a commercial.

Winners: Brother Ray and Brother Devon, Team 3D

The Paparazzi Cam:

Alex Shelley is backstage with his Paparazzi Cam getting exclusive footage of Jackie Gayda getting changed, she takes her top off, but her she turns around at the same time so you can only see the back of her, sorry guys, no bra shots. She grabs another top and begins to put it on as there is a knock at the door.

"Who is it?"

There is a response from TNA's newest knockout, Christy Hemme.

"It's Christy."

"Oh, hi Christy, come in".

Alex can be heard to say "Oh now there's two, this is hot" as Christy enters the room walking over to Jackie who now has her top on.

"So Christy, what do you want?"

"Is there anyone around? You know, Gail or someone?"

"Nope, Gail is out with the rest of them in a meeting I'm not allowed to. Thank the lord."

"Well listen chick, I better get this over with before someone walks in. You see, I can't be seen with you, not whilst me and him still have connections. You know who I'm talking about, right?"

"Yeah, speaking of which, when the hell is he going to get me out of this?"

"Jackie, I know, the fact is he was out and didn't have access to Jarrett. Then when he came back, he had problems to get rid of. But after the Pay Per View he will help you."

"Help me? If he wins at the pay per view, he won't need my help. He's trying to screw me isn't he? I convinced Jimmy to get him his job back, and agreed to get what he wants back for him. And he can't even get me out of this and help me!"

"I just said he'll help you Jackie, but you have to be patient, there's not much longer now, just hold out, OK. Look I got to go, I need to be in the ring next."

"OK, see you around Christy"

With that Christy leaves as Jackie goes to put some things in her bag and the Paparazzi Productions logo shows on the screen.

Abyss and Monty Brown vs. Christian Cage and Raven:

A match consisting of 4 of the 6 men who will be in the King of the Mountain match is the main event for iMPACT! on the first ever prime-time show. Raven and Monty Brown begin a brawl early on leaving the champion with the former champion to battle it out. The match continues for a while, and eventually Abyss is the only man left standing, with the other 3 unconscious on the floor. James Mitchell hands the thumbtacks to Abyss and that is when AJ Styles and Rhino can't hold out any longer. As the champion enters the ring with a bag of thumbtacks at hand, The War Machine and The Phenomenal One sprint down to the ring at the same time. AJ takes out James Mitchell whilst Rhino gores the World Champion, not allowing the bag of thumbtacks to be opened. Monty Brown though is back on his feet, and the Man Beast hasn't seen him as Monty hits the pounce on Rhino sending him over the top rope and landing on AJ Styles, leaving both on the floor, motionless. Monty is the only man left standing in the ring as he begins to get psyched up awaiting someone to get to their feet. Christian Cage is the first to do so and Monty nails him with the Alpha Bomb for a 3 count before Rhino and AJ try and take him out once more. Raven staggers to his feet, as does Abyss and a brawl breaks out between the 5 men. Christian Cage then begins to stir as he grabs the thumbtacks and spreads them on the floor, unknown to all the men. Christian Cage then gets on the turnbuckle and makes a whistling noise, making all 5 men turn around. Christian soars through the air and sends all 5 men onto the thumbtacks, as he follows them. The 6 men in the King of the Mountain match lie on the floor, unconscious as iMPACT! fades to copyrights.

Winners: Monty Brown and Abyss

We got a 5.28 rating for 'TNA iMPACT!'!

The attendance level was 3509 people.

We made $105270 from ticket sales.

"I just joined EWB and took a look at the first TNA diary I could find. I have to say, im impressed. I like the way you keep the match descriptions short and sweet. I understand about TEW just making you change your timeslot, happened to me a bunch of times.

So keep up to good work. Sacrafice was greatly written. The iMPACTS you wrote where also grade 'A'. Keep up the good work." - LoneXWolf

Thanks man, it really means a lot to me, but for the record, it's EWR I'm booking with :)

"This is quite the TNA diary you have going. I like how Abyss is the new champion as he certainly deserves it and he and James Mitchell are making him seem like a believable champion as well. Can't Complain with Lynn as X-Division Champion as I've done it in my own diary. Looking forward to Joe vs. Jarrett as it's quite the match-up. The only real thing that bugs me is the minor typos I see here and there, like in Senshi vs. AJ Styles, you put "Winner: Low-Ki" and at Sacrifice you put "Winners: Sting and Jeff Jarrett" but other than the little mistakes that everyone's entitled to make, it's quite the diary, and I give it the official (Y)" - Inner D Monz

Thanks, I appreciate it coming from the man who writes probably the best TNA diary on these boards. I didn't notice those typos before, thanks for pointing them out, I'll try and iron them out in future. If you spot any more, let me know, I think there's only been those 2.

"Yeah, just a few minor typos is the only thing I see wrong with this. The writing is really good and the booking is excellent. I'll be reading." - Evilution

Thanks, and I hope you'll enjoy reading it, I'll try and get rid of typos in future. :)

OOC: Sorry for the time it took to update, been feeling a little iffy these last couple of days, think I could have caught something :( Anyway, hope you all enjoyed it and another update should be up tomorrow (Y)

IPB Image

Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley:

A bout for a place on Team TNA, but not just any place, oh no, this is a match for the place of the captain in the upcoming 5 man, 5 team tournament. This was a fine technical battle and has managed to keep all the fans entertained right from the opening bell. Shelley holds out some submissions as always before the X-Division pace begins to kick in and Chris Sabin takes advantage. Eventually Sabin hits the Cradleshock and covers Shelley to get not only the win, but also the captaincy. During this match Don and Mike remind fans that all the places in Team TNA are up for grabs for the tournament starting promptly after the next Pay Per View, Slammiversary.

Winner: Chris Sabin

Team 3D vs. Latin American Exchange (Hernadez, Konnan, Machete):

6 man tag action is up next with all 3 members of Team 3D taking on the Latin American Exchange, who are escorted by group member, Homicide. Needless to say Homicide got involved from time to time in this great brawl, but for once, LAX didn't get the last laugh. Jerry Lynn snuck up on LAX's Homicide before smashing him on the back of the head with a chair shot. The LAX looked on in horror at someone actually overcoming them, which proved to be their downfall as Konnan was put through a table with a Deadly Death Drop, whilst Hernandez and Machete received an Acid Drop each for a Triple Three Count. Lynn then dragged Homicide in the ring and produced 4 Slapjacks, which Team 3D and Lynn then used on the LAX, leaving them bloodied in the ring.

Winners: Team 3D

Team 3D and Jerry Lynn:

Brother Runt then grabs a microphone and hands it to his brother, Ray, who addresses the fans who are incredibly loud.

Ray: "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, what you just witnessed was someone getting a taste of their own medicine. And Latin American Exchange, you make it quite clear, you want a title shot some time. Am I right? Oh wait, my bad, you're unconscious and can't hear me. Never mind, I'll answer it for you. On behalf of the United States of America, me and my Brother Devon will take your backsides, and give them a 3D before pinning you... 1... 2... 3! At Slammiversary, your time will come, and you will get an ass-kicking courtesy of the Dud..."

Brother Devon coughs aloud causing Brother Ray to smile and click his fingers before continuing.

Ray: "Team 3D!"

Brother Devon then grabs the microphone

Devon: "OH MAH BROTHA'.... TESTIFY!"

Devon then tosses the microphone to Jerry Lynn who catches it and walks over towards Homicide, who is a bloody mess on the floor.

Lynn: "Hey Homicide, you don't look too good. What happened? You want a match for MY X-Division title? You got it, no-one, and I mean no-one disrespects Jerry Lynn and gets away with it."

Jerry Lynn then drops the microphone onto Homicide's head as it makes a crackling noise and Team 3D celebrate alongside the X-Division pioneer as iMPACT! goes to a commercial.

Samoa Joe vs. Shark Boy:

Nice stiff match which saw Samoa Joe in a match with an X-Division opponent for the first time, though Joe is still not allowed in the X-Division ranks. The slogan "Joe's Gonna Kill You" was never more true than in this match where Shark Boy's selling met Joe's stiffness and it really did look like Shark Boy was getting his backside well and truly kicked. After just 3-4 minutes, Joe successfully hit the Musclebuster followed by the Kokina Clutch being applied with Shark Boy passing out as the blood pours out of his head. Needless to say Jarrett then hit the ring, striking Samoa Joe with a guitar shot to the head, however Joe no-sold out and Jeff simply freaked out and left the ring.

Time is Ticking...:

Joe pulled the guitar over his head and then slammed it on the floor and the Samoan Submission Machine seems undamaged from the shot as Jarrett backs up the ramp with a look of horror on his face. Samoa Joe grabs a microphone before heading up towards the ropes near Jarrett and leaning over whilst pointing and eventually speaking.

Joe: "Jeff... You come in here every week and try to hit me with a guitar. You want to hit the stroke on me? Are you scared of me? Because let me tell you Jarrett... You should be. See come Slammiversary, Jeff... Joe's Gonna KILL YOU!"

Joe tosses the microphone to the floor as Jarrett descends up the ramp as Gail comes down and helps him up before assisting him in walking to the back whilst Joe leaves up the opposite ramp.

Matt Bentley vs. Jay Lethal:

The second of three Team TNA qualifiers tonight and this featured 'Maverick' Matt Bentley taking on the youngest member of TNA, Jay Lethal. This was a good X-Division battle, but far from the best put on, Jay did well and the two worked really well together to put on a good technical war. At the end of the day Jay Lethal went over when he hit a Dragon Suplex on Matt, who was accompanied by Tracy for this match. Lethal celebrated with the TNA crowd as we get prepared for the next match, the third qualifier.

Winner: Jay Lethal

Christopher Daniels vs. Roderick Strong:

Third and final Team TNA qualifying match of the night and this match was certainly the best of the three. Sabin vs. Shelley was good, but there was something about this which took it to another level. Daniels applied a few great submission holds as Roderick Strong hit a trademark backbreaker, which only got him a 2 count to the astonishment of everyone. Daniels made a valiant effort to come back, and he succeeded as he hit the Angels Wings for the 3 count and gained himself a place on the X Cup Team.

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Hardy... Is as Good as Dead:

The cameras cut to a backstage skit showing the former Low-Ki, Senshi, backstage in his locker room, putting some tape around his wrists before turning and looking towards the cameras.

Senshi: "Well... Well... Jeff Hardy... You might wonder why I'd attacked you, and that's fair enough I guess. You see Jeff, the reason is I am Senshi. The Ultimate Fighting Machine. Trained in many martial arts. I am what every child should aspire to be, I am a perfect wrestler. However you... You're a glorified acrobat. That's not wrestling. That's not fighting. It's doing fancy flips and hitting someone in the process. Come Slammiversary... You'll see why I am the most dangerous man in TNA. Hardy... In my eyes... You're as good as dead. Hardy, just remember this... It's not the size of the fighter that matters, but the size of the FIGHT he will bring."

The scene then fades into darkness as iMPACT! goes for a commercial.

Abyss vs. Raven vs. Rhino:

Good brawl which saw Christy Hemme make her way to the ring, as usual, with Raven as does Jim Mitchell with Abyss. Half way through the match Jackie Gayda runs down and asks Christy to come backstage with her, Christy follows orders, not to the knowledge of Raven who at this point was unconscious following a chokeslam from 'The Monster' Abyss. The match was pretty much an all out fight with all 3 men going all for it, eventually the other 3 members of the match showed up, AJ was above the ring looking down, whilst Monty and Christian Cage were on opposite titantron entrances. Rhino hit the gore on Abyss and appeared to have it won, but Raven quickly hit the Raven Effect DDT on Rhino and proceeded to make the cover. Raven picks up the win as he celebrated, wondering where his manager had gone, whilst the other 3 competitors left their positions to get ready for their match later on.

Winner: Raven

Who isn't Scared?:

Scott Steiner is backstage with announcer, Jeremy Borash who welcomes Scott, but needless to say, Big Poppa Pump ignores the welcome and simply begins to talk.

Scott: "Last week... I proved to you all that I'm not scared o' Sting. I showed everyone that Scott Steiner shows no fear. I proved once and for all that I am the damn best in this company. I'm Scott Steiner, the genetic freak. I have muscles bigger than Sting's brain. Why the hell would I be scared of him?"

Borash: "Well... Scott, if you aren't scared of Sting, why did you sneak up on him?"

Scott: "Sneak up on him, what on earth are you on about? Listen, and listen good. I ain't scared of Sting, I aint scared of nobody."

All of a sudden there is a voice bellowing out the word "YOU!"

Scott: "Interview time up. I gotta go."

Borash: "What?"

All of a sudden there is a stick pushed slowly onto the screen, a stick which later becomes clear to be a baseball bat. The gloved hand, famously belonging to Sting is then placed on Borash's hand as the camera shows Sting.

Sting: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Jeremy Borash, let me just assure you. That man right there, he's nothing but a coward. A coward who uses scare-tactics to get his own way. But I don't care Jeremy Borash, do you know why? Because Sting doesn't get scared of anything. The Stinger, undoubtedly, faces some tough challenges, much like everyone. But me? I don't act like the big man, I simply pluck up the courage and tackle it head-on. Steiner, you can keep hitting me with steel chairs and whatnot, but come Slammiversary... IT'S SHOWTIME FOLKS!"

Sting heads off towards the locker room area and the camera briefly follows him before stopping to look at Jackie Gayda and Christy Hemme who are talking.

Jackie: "Well what did he say last week?"

Christy: "The offer you gave him back in January... He says it's on."

Jackie: "In fairness Christy, I already knew that as I've filled my end of the bargain. But tell him to hurry, I think Jeff knows about last week, I don't know how, but he does, somehow."

Christy: "He'll sort Jeff out, don't worry. But firstly he's going to get you out of Jarrett's grasp and he's going to make Jeff get you what he promised he'd get you."

Jackie: "I'm glad to hear it. I got him his job back, so if I get what I want, he'll get what he wants."

The two knockouts look at each other before smiling and walking their separate ways as iMPACT goes to a commercial following a few quick comments from Don and Mike.

AJ Styles vs. Christian Cage vs. Monty Brown:

As you'd typically expect, Raven, Abyss and Rhino all made their way down to the ring to spy on their opponents in the King of the Mountain match. This match was a little more technical than the previous match, which was mainly a brawl. Monty Brown was certainly the powerhouse of this match as he dominated most of the match, though he wasn't even involved in the ending as he lied on the floor, unmoving. It was in fact Christian Cage who got the victory over AJ Styles when he hit the Unprettier on 'The Phenomenal One'. iMPACT! went off air as Christian Cage stood victorious in the ring, pointing at Abyss, Rhino and Raven in turn, signalling that he'll add them too.

Winner: Christian Cage

We got a 5.22 rating for 'TNA iMPACT!'!

The attendance level was 3508 people.

We made $105240 from ticket sales.

King of the Mountain Match - NWA World Heavyweight Championship:

Monty Brown vs. Christian Cage vs. AJ Styles vs. Raven vs. Rhino vs. Abyss ©

X-Division Championship:

Homicide vs. Jerry Lynn ©

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

Senshi vs. Jeff Hardy

Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Jarrett

NWA Tag Team Championships:

Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) © vs. Latin American Exchange (Unconfirmed)

School of Wrestling

Today, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling can officially confirm the opening of the new development territory, The School of Wrestling (SOW). TNA officials refused to comment on who exactly will be down in the territory, but they did confirm that all World X-Cup participants will be down there for a while to 'Adjust to the TNA style'. The company will officially debut this Saturday (17th June) as the location is set to be TNA's old stomping grounds, the TNA Asylum in Nashville, Tennessee. As of now, no new talent has been brought in to the company, but soon enough there will be, as for now, there are a few members of the current TNA Wrestling Roster who will be heading down to enhance their skills. Those men haven't been confirmed, but by the time SOW produces a show, it will become clear. The shows, which will be one show lasting 2 hours every week, will be booked by Jerry Jarrett, the former owner of TNA Wrestling and current Road Agent/Booker. For those wishing to view SOW, they can buy the DVDs from ShopTNA.com which will be put up for sale every 2 weeks and will consist of the tapings from the previous 2 weeks. If you would wish to go to a live event or would like more information on anything, then visit www.TNA-SOW.com.

- Lee South (TNA Web Master)

IPB Image

America's Most Wanted vs. The Naturals:

Tag team action to kick off iMPACT and it is a brilliant showcase of the tag division. When iMPACT came on air, Chase Stevens of the Naturals was already bleeding following, what we were told was, a snake's eyes on the exposed turnbuckle. The match was rather back and forth with both sides having spots of momentum, including one point where Andy Douglas hit an amazing 540 Splash on 'Wildcat' Chris Harris. The match, however, was turned on it's head when Jeff Jarrett's follower, Alex Shelley, got involved (bringing his Shelley Cam of course) to help America's Most Wanted. The Naturals then get beaten down in a 3 on 2 beating, whilst the referee tries to make Shelley leave the ring. Eventually there is some relief for the Naturals as Ron Killings made his way to the ring in order to make the save against AMW. Killings hits a spinning heel kick on Alex Shelley sending him over the top rope and to the outside before in the ring America's Most Wanted hit the Death Sentence for a 3 count.

Winners: America's Most Wanted.

A Canadian Backlash:

Jimmy Hart is backstage in his office as he begins to make the regular announcements from the TNA office.

Hart: "Attention to all the TNA fans out there in your homes, sitting and watching this episode of IMPACT on Spike TV. Baby, have we got some huge news regarding Slammiversary for you. You see not only will we see the King of the Mountain match, the X-Division title match and all those other amazing matches baby. But I just got huge news regarding what just happened out there. Because you see, now you can add to the card a 6 man tag team match, because it will be Ron 'The Truth' Killings teaming up with the Naturals to face America's Most Wanted and Alex Shelley. Speaking of 6 man tag team matches, tonight, Brother Ray and Brother Devon, team with Jerry Lynn, to take on the team of Homicide and whichever 2 members of LAX will be facing Team 3D at Slammiversary. But that's not all, baby, because I promised you big news regarding the Pay Per View, and baby, here it is. Senshi will be taking on his nemesis Jeff Hardy, as you well know, but what you may not have known is that that match is going to be for the X-Division championship number one contenders spot. And baby, that's not all because that match, it's going to be a ladder match to hype the main event... Nah how do ya like that baby?"

All of a sudden there is a bang at the door, and that is to say the very least as it swings wide open and crashes against the bookcase, empty of course. Through the door is an irate Scott D'Amore who enters the room shouting the odds.

Scott: "Woah, what in the hell was I hearing a few moments ago from TNA Management? Something about the World X Cup, and me not being allowed to enter guys who are in TNA? Do you not think I have enough problems with Devine being injured?"

Hart: "Hey, hey, Scotty, baby, listen up, it's not my decision. Well it is. But look, the way I see it, this tournament is a way of introducing new guys to the TNA fans. What is the point in having just TNA guys appear in the tournament? There is no point. Therefore I decided you must pick a new team, Devine and Dux are legal, but the rest need to be changed. Well so does Devine seeing as he's injured again, seriously baby, what's with that boy? Always getting injured. Oh and as you know it's now a 5 man tournament baby, add a little extra spice, y'know?"

Scott: "Well you know what? I just so happen not to give a crap any more. If this isn't going to include my members, my Team Canada, then it isn't worthy of being Canada."

Hart: "That's fair enough, and you know what, there's going to be a hell of a lot of people happy with your decision, baby."

Scott: "Oh real funny Hart."

Hart: "OK, I tell you what baby, I'll give both Eric Young and Petey Williams the opportunity to get in Team TNA tonight. And hey Scott, you better hurry up, because, baby, Eric Young's qualifying match is next. Yeah baby!"

The camera fades to black and D'Amore still appears to be a little mad, but not as mad as before.

Eric Young vs. Shark Boy:

Scott D'Amore takes Eric down to the ring in this Team TNA Qualifying bout, Eric comically looks nervous when the pyrotechnics explode above his head. Shark Boy was on the back foot for most of this match with Eric Young taking advantage with his technical skills. Shark Boy, though, managed to take the advantage when he managed to hit a tilt-a-whirl DDT out of nowhere, leaving Eric Young on the floor unconscious. Afterwards Sharky had 2-3 minutes of domination before A1 hit the ring and bounced off the back rope and came back to smash Shark Boy with a devastating clothesline. The only thing that went wrong was that Shark Boy ducked the clothesline and it connected with Eric Young, leaving him incapacitated. A1 looked on in horror, but was more horrified when he was met with a dropkick from Shark Boy and the big, tall A1 went soaring over the top rope and to the canvas outside the ring. Shark Boy then made the cover on Eric Young and it was all over, Shark Boy is going to the World X Cup.

Winner: Shark Boy

AJ Styles vs. Lance Hoyt:

This was a decent match between two of the big TNA stars of the future, with a mix of styles. Hoytamania was running wild, and the chants were actually louder than the 'AJ Styles' chants. Styles used his speed to his advantage in this match and dominated throughout until 'The Monster' Abyss made his way to the ring. The champion hit AJ Styles with a Black Hole Slam as James Mitchell distracted the referee, and it seems as if Abyss is trying to give himself the advantage going into the match. Abyss puts the unconscious Hoyt, who'd just been hit with the Styles Clash, on top of AJ and the referee made the cover without knowing Abyss had even been. Hoyt gets the win, though is still unconscious, as Abyss gets in the ring to continue a beat-down. The beating doesn't last long as Christian Cage headed to the ring in order to help his friend, AJ Styles, and he is armed with a steel chair. Cage takes out Abyss and scares off his manager before grabbing a microphone and addressing the crowd.

Winner: Lance Hoyt

Because That's...

Cage is stood in the ring with a microphone in his hand, looking at Abyss who he had just bloodied with the steel chair. Cage raises the microphone to the delight of the iMPACT Zone.

Cage: "Abyss. You've got something that belongs not only to me... But to my peeps. Abyss, you have my NWA Heavyweight Title and come Slammiversary it's coming home to daddy. You've kept the belt warm long enough Abyss, 6 weeks you've held the title, that's 6 weeks longer than you ever should have. I'm a ladder match specialist, sure I've never been in a King of the Mountain match, but it's pretty much the same concept. Instead of pulling a belt down, I've to put it up. And Abyss, you know I'm going to be taking my title back. Because That's...."

The fans respond with "How I roll" as iMPACT goes for a commercial break.

Jerry Lynn and Team 3D vs. Latin American Exchange:

Team 3D and Lynn make their way to the ring accompanied by the Runt of the Litter and await the arrival of LAX. When the Latin American Exchange hit the ring Homicide is the first person to enter for their team, and Konnan shortly follows him. Then Team 3D tell them to get the third man in the ring. After a few moments of uncertainty Hernandez slips under the bottom rope and it appears as if at Slammiversary it's going to be "Team 3D vs. Konnan and Hernandez". The match begins and it's an all out brawl right from the start, that was until Jerry Lynn and Homicide locked horns, and at that time it became a case of technical warfare. The win eventually came when Jerry Lynn hit the TKO on Hernandez for a 3 count and a win. As usual the LAX weren't going to let that stand and soon enough the slapjacks were out and as iMPACT cut to the back it was LAX who were standing tall.

Winners: Jerry Lynn and Team 3D

Tasting Steel:

'The Charismatic Enigma' Jeff Hardy is backstage in front of the TNA logo on the caged wall as he is ready to cut an interview for the TNA crowd.

Jeff: "I've been back in TNA less than 2 months, and already I'm thrown into a ladder match, but do you know what? That's great, I love it. Because Jeff Hardy is the Charismatic Enigma, I am known as a Human Stunt Man. A ladder doesn't phase me, in fact I love ladders, did you not see Wrestlemania 17? Senshi might well be a tough fighter, but I'm a high flying specialist and this match falls right into my path."

All of a sudden Hardy falls to the floor as he is hit by an object, which later becomes clear to be a ladder. The camera swirls around and shows Senshi who merely shouts at Hardy whilst clutching a ladder.

Senshi: "It's not the size of the fighter that matters. But the size of the fight he will bring. All you can do... IS BE READY!"

The camera fades to black and we go for another commercial break.

Sonjay Dutt vs. Petey Williams:

The final bout for a spot in Team TNA and Petey Williams is escorted out by Scott D'Amore for the match. Dutt takes advantage throughout this match and looked to have the win on many occasions until Petey Williams managed to catch Sonjay when he went for a flying crossbody. Petey hit the fallaway slam and from that point Petey took advantage for a few moments, but Williams threw it away when he posed too long for the Canadian Destroyer. Sonjay took the time to drop to the floor and wriggle underneath his opponent, confusing Williams, before taking advantage of the situation hitting a few X-Division moves. Sonjay eventually hit the Hindu Press and gets the 3 count to become the final member of Team TNA leading into the World X Cup.

Winner: Sonjay Dutt

Sting and Samoa Joe vs. Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett:

A match which combined two of the higher card matches at Slammiversary and was originally scheduled to be at Sacrifice. The match was decent, but mainly a brawl throughout with a few submission moves being applied by Samoa Joe. Scott Steiner was reluctant to face Sting, but at one point he was in the ring with Sting for a while, admittedly after Jeff Jarrett had just hit him with a guitar. The match ended in a controversial style when Jeff Jarrett was unconscious on the floor and Steiner was alone with Sting. Big Poppa didn't really want to face Sting so after being punched around the face by Sting he ran out of the ring, complaining he had broken his nose. The referee, unsure at what to do, started to make a ten count and when Steiner refused to return to the ring, the entire iMPACT Zone were wondering what on earth was going on and why the biggest, baddest, scariest man on the TNA roster was scared of Sting.

Winners: Samoa Joe and Sting

Canadian Hopes and Fears:

The 'Paparazzi Productions' logo shows up on the screen and then cuts to the parking lot backstage where Eric Young is urging the camera towards him.

Eric: "Alex I gotta tell you something... I wanted to tell Scott... But he shouts at me. He says I'm stupid and cowardly. But Eric Young isn't cowardly. But the point is Alex... No Team Canada members are in the World X Cup. And that's bad. Because what if the new Team Canada is really good? Then what'll happen to this Team Canada? No-one will care about us any more. And that's not good. Team Canada are going to win the World X Cup. I know they are. They're going to win it, and because we can't beat Team TNA. And the new Team Canada can. That makes us better than them. That means we won't have a job. That means I won't have a job. That makes me worried Alex. I don't get worried often. But I am worried about this. Maybe we're not good enough. Maybe Team Canada isn't good any more. Maybe I'm not god enough, and if Eric Young isn't good enough. Then maybe TNA won't want me, and I won't have a job, and I'll have to work for some crummy federation. Someone really rubbish like those awful men in Stanford. I don't want to have to do that Alex... I don't want to have to do that..."

There then is a call from Coach Scott D'Amore.

Scott: "Eric! ERIC! Where are you?" There you are, where the hell have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you, what the hell were you thinking about? Are you stupid? Hi Alex. Look Eric, we gotta go, oh and Alex the camera, it's not on is it?"

Eric: "Ye...."

Alex Shelley then interrupts Eric Young, sensing the opportunity to cause trouble.

Alex: "No... why?"

Scott: "Good, we don't want anyone to know about this, but you need to know... Your snooping around Jackie went well, we found out what we wanted to know. We know she has something to do with Raven, we just need to find out what, we need you to tell us by this time next week. Find out what you can at Slammiversary, and go snooping around her life, find out why Raven's important. You understand?"

Alex: "Yes."

Scott: "Good, now come on you, we have to get back to the Team Canada locker room."

D'Amore grabs Eric's ear and begins to drag him out of the area and towards the locker room area as Shelley flips the Paparazzi Camera around and begins to speak into it.

Alex: "Well... Come next week, I have a feeling... It's Showtime Folks."

Shelley laughs as the footage fades into darkness and the copyrights come on before iMPACT goes for one last commercial break tonight.

Monty Brown vs. Rhino:

A good brawl in preview for the King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary with both men having spots of momentum. The match lasted for a good 10 minutes before Rhino eventually got the victory by hitting a Rhino Driver to his opponent for a 3 count. But iMPACT didn't end there as Abyss once again made his way to the ring, this time taking out Rhino with a Black Hole Slam before picking up the Alpha Male for the same treatment. But it doesn't last as Raven hits the ring and kicks Abyss in the gut before delivering an Evenflow DDT. Christian Cage and AJ Styles then hit the ring and start a brawl with Raven before Monty Brown gets to his feet and turns the brawl into a 4 way. Rhino climbs to his feet and adds to the brawl even more, but the champion snidely sneaks out of the ring with his championship. All 5 men stop brawling and turn to look at Abyss as 'The Monster' makes it clear that he is the one they have to beat in order to get the championship.

We got a 5.28 rating for 'TNA iMPACT!'!

The attendance level was 3510 people.

We made $105300 from ticket sales.

X-Division Championship:

Legend vs. Coward

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

Streak vs. Ego

6 Man Tag Match:

The Naturals and Ron Killings vs. America's Most Wanted and Alex Shelley

Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) © vs. Latin American Exchange (Konnan and Hernandez)

Ladder Match - X-Division No.1 Contenders:

Senshi vs. Jeff Hardy

OOC: Predictions are welcome, and the winner will get 3 people of his choice get put in the School of Wrestling, 2 already in the game with under 40 overness and someone they create (All stats 20 except Attitude & Behavior which will be 70). I'll explain better when the winner is declared, and there must be at least 3 people who make predictions for there to be a prize. (Y)

As for why this week was late, I apologise, but I've been super-busy, should get more updates next week than there was this week.

Oh and for PPVs, including Slammiversary, I am going to write out in full with commentary during and between matches and all that jazz. So it could be a while before it is posted, so don't worry, it'll happen. :)

Edited by - Matt -

Guest joshomatic

X-Division Championship:

Legend vs. Coward

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

Streak vs. Ego

6 Man Tag Match:

Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) © vs. Latin American Exchange (Konnan and Hernandez)

Senshi vs. Jeff Hardy

The big man just won it and it doesn't seem right to take it off him so quick. I've always felt AByss could make a great champion so I'm hoping you push him right.

X-Division Championship:

Although I could see you wanting to take the belt of Lynn, it's too early. Maybe a couple months down the line onto the young Homicicde.

Legend vs. Coward

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

I'd like to see Sting win this, but he's won all the other battles. Maybe Jarrett will cost Sting the match before the final blowoff match.

Streak vs. Ego

Joe could certainly use the rub off Jarrett, but if you wanted to have Sting take on Jarrett at the next pay per view, it wouldn't seem right to have Jarrett loose here. I'm going with Joe anyway.

6 Man Tag Match:

I'm a Shelley mark, so I always go for him.

I could see this going either way, but I'd like to let 3D keep the titles for a little longer before losing them. Make the change more prestigous.

Senshi vs. Jeff Hardy

Since I chose to have Lynn take the win in the title match, it makes sense to have the heel take this one.

Guest Coley

I know you better than you know yourself, and I know that you know that Raven will go over -_-

X-Division Championship:

Lynn needs to get at least 1 PPV defense under his belt, and this should be the one

Legend vs. Coward

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

Can't have Steiner be a total pussy with a physique like that, have him get the cheap win and Sting win to cap the feud

Streak vs. Ego

Joe is unbeatable, can't see him getting took down by Jarrett

6 Man Tag Match:

You'll push Shelley over Naturals and Killings, hence why I chose this

What better way to make the LAX look more badass than put the gold on them?

Senshi vs. Jeff Hardy

Low Ki > Hardy

Edited by Coley

Having abyss as a transitional champ does not seem like something that would be done in TNA due to the realism of the diary. Sure it was done with AJ Styles before, but he had like a 2 month reign and not a 1 month.

X-Division Championship:

What I said above applies to here as well

Legend vs. Coward

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

Sting is on a role with his victories, I doubt he'll lose this one

Streak vs. Ego

Joe's streak is bound to end, but not here, I say jarrett will screw up some how.

6 Man Tag Match:

AMW will pick this up with a cheat, maybe with shelley using his camera.

There is no way the champs will lose the titles to LAX. I predict some one from LAX, maybe Machete, accidently slap jacks konnan. Then Team 3D get the win.

Senshi vs. Jeff Hardy

In realism, Jeff wouldn't be getting an X division title shot, he'd be up there with a world title shot. But due to his habits, he won't be getting either.

Edited by ILoveNicole

Guest ceigev1

To be straight up honest, I think I'm the only one NOT feeling Abyss as champion. I think he needs strong singles match rivalries to be effective...I'm gonna go with Raven although I sincerely doubt a victory from him. He's just my favourite.

X-Division Championship:

Jerry Lynn is a better technical wrestler and has the experience to carry the belt further than Homicide could currently.

Legend vs. Coward

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

I'm thinking Sting vs. Jarret for the next one, so Jarret will probably interefere?

Streak vs. Ego

Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Jarrett - Draw

Doesnt make sense for either to lose right now. I'm gonna go with a draw so neither mans streak/push comes to a halt.

6 Man Tag Match:

Shelley and AMW seem to have more important roles in this diary. About time Shelley got the push he deserved.

LAX as champions? If there is a God, not a chance.

Senshi vs. Jeff Hardy

I'm gonna be different and pick Hardy. Maybe a heel turn could keep a slightly stale Hardy fresh? Let's see.

I gotta say, I love this diary. I've been reading, and there are a few problems, but I can't remember them right now.

Abyss isn't ready to drop the title, and he also rocks.

X-Division Championship:

He has to defend the title at least once to look like a credible champion.

Legend vs. Coward

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

We can't have a big buff guy be too much of a coward now can we?

Streak vs. Ego

This sounds exactley what Jarrett would do, cheat and end Joe's streak.

6 Man Tag Match:

Shelley and AMW will take this as they both kick ass.

Cheat to win, the LAX should. After all, they're supposed to be real thugs and all.

Senshi vs. Jeff Hardy

Senshi because Jeff just doesn't seem to be X worthy.

Guest Aries-Rob

X-Division Championship:

Legend vs. Coward

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

Streak vs. Ego

6 Man Tag Match:

Senshi vs. Jeff Hardy

I just joined and I have to say, this is awesome

Edited by Aries-Rob