The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebooted Top Gear isn't even out yet and already there's reports that Matt LeBlanc and Chris Evans don't get along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Just in case you were concerned that having a million new presenters on the revamped Top Gear wouldn’t be enough, the BBC have announced they’re also adding a second show called Extra Gear!

The new show will be presented by Rory Reid, who is also one of the new Top Gear hosting lineup, and will air on BBC Three’s iPlayer channel straight after the main show airs. Filmed at the famous Top Gear studio, each week Extra Gear will bring fans exclusive new footage, interviews, specially-recorded films and behind-the-scenes access to Top Gear.

Rory Reid says: “Extra Gear is hugely exciting. The Top Gear fans are some of the keenest in the world and with this show I’m giving them a chance to really get a peek behind the curtain. I’m looking forward to showing them how the show is made and what goes on behind the scenes, giving viewers a different perspective on some of the coolest cars on the planet.”

If you’re abroad, you won’t miss out on this additional Top Gear goodness, as BBC Worldwide will distribute Extra Gear to international broadcasters including BBC America and BBC Brit, where it will air alongside the new series.

Top Gear returns to BBC Two on the 22nd May 2016 at 8pm, with Extra Gear available on BBC Three’s live page and BBC Three on iPlayer at 9pm, straight after the main show.

• 2 weeks later...

If that means more of the special/tour type episodes and less of the driving cars round a track/talking to celebrities about their cars I might be tempted to give this a go.

Cause let's face it - Top Gear is utter gash apart from the special episodes. I don't give a toss about how quickly Olly Murs can drive his car.

Whereas the Chris Evans fronted show will inevitably be dreadful.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to watch this out of curiosity but missed the first half, which I will have to catch up later.

I can see that they've moved the set about a bit and added different lighting. Nice. :shifty: 

Repeated Monday at 7pm or Thursday at 11:15pm.

I'll spoiler things if people aren't watching it tonight.

Spoiler

I have mixed feelings on the new method of Star In A Reasonably Priced RallyCross Car. I like the more interactivity with the guests but having a rallycross car and course just completely obliterates finding out who the fastest driver is because the course will never be the same for anyone, plus it takes out the fun of the occasional F1 driver showing up and blitzing everyone.

Chris Evans is now turning into Vince McMahon. In response to criticism of the first show he has gone on Twitter pointing out facts about the audience share being up, iPlayer ratings and other stuff that has no relevance to the actual content of the show whatsoever.