The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

I think I'd enjoy it a lot more if they killed off the studio stuff entirely, largely because every single person in a Top Gear audience is a complete cunt, and they pander to them with horrendous political jokes rather than the daft 'look at the silly middle class men doing silly things' that you get from the challenge stuff.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to think Top Gear's been on a bit of a slope for while now but that's quite possibly the best adventure they've ever done. I wouldn't mind them doing more two parters in future.

Can't say slope

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Not as big of a shame as it would have been a couple of years ago. This last series has been pretty rubbish really. The only features that come to mind as having been any good are the James May Rallycross feature last week and the trip across Australia earlier in the series.

The second half of the ambulance challenge and the Peugeot feature were terrible. All the reviews just blend into one these days too, more so than ever.

Apparently it's the BBC that's been reining them in and restricting them a bit after they fled Argentina, but eh. Can't blame them for wanting a tighter leash when you've got a massive tit like Clarkson running around being a racist idiot.

I'm annoyed that the BBC news article on it is making a big thing about Clarkson tweeting that a new presenter was wanted... it was a joke tweet because May was late. The tweet literally before that was asking people in Guildford to report sightings of May.

That article also states that he only started on Top Gear in 2002 and someone is quoted as saying 'before him it wasn't as popular', which has made me really confused about who that bloke who looked exactly like Jeremy Clarkson was on Top Gear throughout the 90s.

What exactly happened? All I've read is that something happened between Clarkson and a producer, but that's it. No details.

He punched a producer and, being on a final warning is probably going to be sacked. Although maybe not, seeing as he'll only appear on ITV/Sky/Channel 5 by summer in a carbon copy show.

I'm glad though. To paraphrase Stewart Lee, I hate Top Gear and everything it stands for :shifty:

• Like 3