ECW on SciFi

I actually loved the Michael Cole heel turn, I thought it was the best part of the show. It's not like Cole beat him down or anything, he caught him with one well-placed kick out of nowhere, which allowed Jerry Lawler to capitalise. I like it. Michael Cole's pretty much the only "major" WWE announcer without any real character, so I'm all in favour.

And yeah, the show was a bit swervy, but I like that. I didn't want to see RVD throwing down the WWE Title, that's far too obvious. You could have had the ECW guys pick up more wins in the midcard, before having RVD job in the main event, but other than that, I have no real problem with this.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh........ Horrible writing style...... please..... change now.

You sir are warned for whoring. Now I'll say this all polite and kosher like. If you dont have legitimate issues with a diary that you can state clearly shut up and dont say anything. You've been warned (Y)

As far as the ECW lower card going over, there was nowhere else really that any WWF wrestlers could of realistically job. Edge and Foley should, and will go over in the tag match purely because of Edge being number 1 contender to the WWE Championship, and whatever show it is the WWE wouldn't job out their number 1 contender. Then on top of that there is obviously plans for a new ECW title in place otherwise RVD or Sabu would of won. Every other match was won by ECW apart from JBL/Smothers, but even then JBL isn't technically of a WWE brand at start of this diary

I like everyone else didn't like Snitsky eliminating so many people in the battle royal but I think he may be heading to ECW. Also the over hyping of segments is something I'm not too keen a fan on except in small doses

I don't know how fans could now take Tazz seriously, as he just got beat up by Michael Cole

I want to see if you bring any other WWE superstars other than Nitro over, especially ones that ain't cruiserweights. Also I noted that Heyman claimed he already used all his draft picks and then Nitro comes over. I presume he was already drafted before the WWE Vs ECW show?

But I liked the ending to the show. Straight away you have your main event storyline and your mega heel. The segment would bring a lot more fans in than it would turn away as they would want to see JBL get beat.

So yea I'll be reading this to see how long it lasts

Ugh........ Horrible writing style...... please..... change now.

You sir are warned for whoring. Now I'll say this all polite and kosher like. If you dont have legitimate issues with a diary that you can state clearly shut up and dont say anything. You've been warned (Y)

I didn't care for the writing style either. It seems to glorify everything to the point where I couldn't take the diary seriously. I also don't agree with JBL being so involved with the brand. He hates ECW and ECW hates him. In reality I doubt very much he'd agree to go to that brand. I didn't like the finish of the PPV either as it a left a bad taste in all the ECW fans mouth's while not making me want to watch the next show. I hope TGC writes the actual show so we can get back to a regular writing style.

Just one quick comment. I don't normally like responding to criticisms, because I do appreciate them greatly and enjoy it when I get ripped to shreds, but Bob Roberts, the thing about the belt to the face doesn't quite sit right with me. The fact that it's an overused spot shouldn't make any difference. Does this special occasion call for a special example of cheating? How about a rocket launcher to the face, would that suffice? He's a 65 year old man, bloodied, battered and bruised. His bones are practically made of chalk and to be honest I'm starting to question whether or not he's being held up by strings and walked through a match by a puppeteer because his body is so shot. I think getting hit with a big, heavy chunk of metal and falling from 5 feet in the air flat on your back would be enough to kill most pensioners, let alone one who's been beaten for 15 minutes.
Edited by Bob Roberts

Hmm, nothing spectacular thus far, but then again, nothing majorly wrong. I understand people complaining that's it not enough ECW enough, but this isn't ECW really; it's a WWE brand. By booking One Night Stand as a show where everything goes wrong for the new guys, you've established them as underdogs, for (I imagine) a cross-brand feud somewhere down the line, where the little guys make a stand against the WWE machine.

I love the idea of JBL in ECW. It opens up a lot of doors, because with ONS, essentially every ECW personality was a face, while with JBL, you've immediately established your top heel, who will get a ton of heat.

I will however agree with those who didn't like the finish of the Dreamer/Funk Vs Edge/Foley match. A title shot doesn't seem enough to keep the crazy old bastard down.

All in all, a start that has left you with a lot of possibilities, but in itself wasn't groundbreaking. Still, I'll check back for a look-see down the line.

Oh, one last thing; push Melina and Nitro hard (Y)

Well despite hating the ending of the ONS, it is an ok start. If that really happened the fans would literally riot, its like the same thing from last years ONS, ending with the massive WWE, ECW brawl except Foley is with WWE now. But despite the lackluster ending, this has a lot of room to improve, especially with Nitro and Melina in ECW. I look forward to the first show to see how the ending of ONS plays out.

I liked it. It's ridiculous how much WWE is giving to ECW. It makes it seem like "Extreme Charity Wrestling". In this story, WWE has cemented their superiority from jump. It's more realistic than reality. How? No idea. Plus, I love the paragraph style. Keep it up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

"WELCOME TO E-C-W!"

The crowd erupts and Joey Styles introduces the show, beaming out live for the very first time on the Sci-Fi channel. A ‘Joey’ chant breaks out and the voice of ECW takes in the adulation before continuing with the show.

STYLES “Oh, it’s good to be back! Fans, welcome back to ECW. Just a quick warning for all of you – this is not Monday or Friday programming, this is not sports entertainment, you will not see male cheerleaders, cross dressing Italians and best of all definitely no Vince McMahon ass kissing. This is Extreme Championship Wrestling, the home of the most violent, innovative, hardcore wrestling action on the planet…and now ladies and gentlemen, please joins me in welcoming the Godfather of Extreme to the ring…Paul Heyman.”

Heyman comes through the curtain, dressed as you would expect, cap holding back his slicked hair, backstage pass draped around his neck. He is greeted with the customary ‘ECW’ chants as he enters the ring, carrying with him a black velvet bag.

HEYMAN“Thank you. Honestly, thank you. I want to thank ever single fan in this arena and every person sitting watching this at home, because you are the reason we are back. You showed Vince McMahon that you didn’t want silicone-enhanced bimbos or oddities who couldn’t wrestle their way out of a paper bag on your television sets, you wanted you the REAL f’n deal. You made this happen, not me, not Joey, not the boys in the back, you did it. The truth is we would be nothing without you fans, you rabid, blood-lusting individuals, you make ECW what it is. You are the single greatest fans in the world, and I thank you for it."

There is a brief pause in Heyman’s speech as the crowd applauds.

“Sadly I am not just out here tonight to welcome you to the new era of extreme, no, unfortunately there are more sinister issues for me to address. Last Sunday at One Night Stand was supposed to be a celebration of our rebirth, but Vince and his WWE boys didn’t seem too happy with that. God forbid that the WWE World title be round the waist of Rob Van Dam, an ECW Superstar. God forbid that after finally earning his chance, breaking through the glass ceiling, that Rob Van Dam would, gasp, win Vince’s precious World title. They were never going to let it be a fair fight. They came into our house and they broke our rules. See here in ECW we don’t really have “rules” or “regulations”, but one thing we do believe in is fighting with honour. When you step between these ropes and into the ECW ring you fight mano o mano, anything goes, one man comes out on top. Last Sunday when Edge, Mick Foley and that dime store skank Lita came out and robbed RVD of the WWE World title they crossed the line; it was the ultimate show of disrespect towards ECW. Those actions will not go unpunished. Foley, Edge, at One Night Stand you may have walked away with the tainted victory, but tonight you will not be so lucky. On Sunday you got beaten to hell and back. You ran from that match with your bodies battered, bruised and bloody, but tonight you will walk away with much more than flesh wounds, because tonight you will face Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk again, but this time it will be inside a Steel Cage…and I guarantee that whether you leave with the win or not you will leave behind a part of your soul.”

“Now onto more pressing matters – the ECW World Title. *Heyman opens his black velvet bag and reveals the contents* I was hoping that this evening would mark the glorious coronation of the first double crown champion in ECW history, but sadly that was not to be. However we will not let the sports entertainment cretins ruin our night, so without further ado please join me in welcoming to the ring the NEW ECW World Champion, Mr Tuesday Night, ROB VAN DAM!”

The crowd explodes with RVD chants as their chosen king makes his way to ringside, stopping only to deliver his trademark taunt. Van Dam jumps into the ring and takes the belt, then the mic.

RVD“Thank you. Honestly Paul, this is a great honour. You know how much ECW means to me and how long I’ve busted my ass for that belt. But…”

Van Dam is interrupted mid sentence by an unfamiliar theme to ECW fans. However it’s soon drowned out by the jeers and boos of the 7,000 fans in attendance, with JBL making his very first appearance as an ECW employee. He is pelted by trash but he is focused solely on the ring and the ECW World title belt.

JBL“Now wait just a darn minute. You’re giving HIM the title. What the hell has he ever done? Glass ceiling my ass. You know why you got held back, Rob? It’s not because the powers that be are holding you back, it’s because you’re a lazy, good for nothing, pothead. Whilst you were busy ‘blazing up’ real athletes like me were in the gym, working. You’re a false idol, Rob, the Pied Piper leading his army of rats. These people treat you like some sort of hero because you were part of some company nobody ever cared about. I’m a real hero. I’m worked hard to get where I am today, not like you, you bone idle stoner. I’m somebody the people of this country should admire, a true champion, a man of the people. I’m what people aspire to be, you’re what every father hopes his son will never become. What has he ever done, Paul? Why are you giving him the World title? I’m a former World champion damn it, you should give me that belt. I’m a respectable champion, someone who can lead a company. Him? He’s just a bum.”

Heyman and JBL go nose to nose in a shouting match, which gives RVD chance to snatch the mic back.

RVD“John…John…if you had just let me finish. What I was ABOUT to say was that even though I’ve busted my ass for this belt I don’t want to cheat the fans by just accepting the title, I want to earn it. So sorry Paul, but I can’t accept this belt.”

RVD hands the belt back to Heyman.

JBL “Yeah that’s right, Rob, you don’t deserve. Now Heyman, give me MY belt.”

Layfield goes to snatch the belt from Heyman, but he pulls away.

HEYMAN“Hold on a second there JBL. You think I’m going to give YOU the ECW World title *laughs*. You think you’re extreme because you won one match? You’re not getting anywhere near this title for a long, long time. You’re at the bottom of the ladder, boy, back to square one. You may be a big shot bully in WWE but here you’re nothing. You’re going to have to start paying your dues again…Justin Hawk. Rob, I admire your integrity. You don’t want cheat the fans and neither do I, so I’ll let you challenge…”

An obviously angry JBL hits the microphone from Heyman’s hand and pushes him back.

JBL“If you don’t want to cheat the fans you should give them a chance to have a real world champion, but you won’t because you’re afraid. You’re afraid that someone with a bit of class and actual wrestling ability will come on your show and embarrass you. ECW was a garbage promotion full of idiots who would rather set themselves on fire then wrestle an actual match, and you’re scared that your brainwashed moronic fans will finally realize that when JBL is their champion. You know what Paul, I know you won’t give me a shot at the title because you’ve not got the balls. Admit it, Paul, you’re terrified that I will come on your show, beat your ‘superstar’ and bring some real pedigree to your title.”

Heyman is about to start his rebuttal when RVD steps in front of him.

RVD “You like to talk, don’t you John? There’s nothing more big, bad JBL likes than the sound of his own voice. Well John I may be a “slacker” or a “pothead”, but when I talk the talk I back it up. So Paul, if you’ll allow it I’d like to give JBL his chance. You and me with the ECW World title on the line. And there won’t be any cheap shots this time, oh yeah, I haven’t forgotten about Sunday, John – we’ll stand face to face in this very ring and I’ll show you why all these people love *thumbs* Rob Van Dam.”

There’s a brief standoff in the ring, JBL snarling scowl against RVD’s smug grin as we go to the first commercial break.

Rating: A

-Commercial Break-

Axl and Balls vs Doring & Roadkill

The first in ring action of the new era of ECW on SciFi is a tag team match featuring two of the company’s most prominent teams from yesteryear. First out are the unorthodox pairing of Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney, who make their way to ringside with a polyphonic version of their old AC/DC theme. Doring and Roadkill make their way out to ringside to a mixed reaction after their rant from One Night Stand. However, this doesn’t stop Doring stylin’ and profilin’ his way down the aisle. Sadly, despite the nostalgic value of the match it was pretty obvious both teams were ring rusty and the crowd let them know their shortcomings. Neither team had teamed together in months, which lead to several moments of miscommunication. ‘Dastardly’ Danny Doring’s guile and cunning had clearly not suffered however, as he pulled out some trademark underhanded tactics to isolate Balls. All this good work was undone after a tag to Roadkill, who didn’t seem to cope well with the pace of the match and allowed Balls to grab his second wind, and the hot tag to Axl. Rotten came in all guns blazing, leveling both men with rights and throwing Doring to the outside. Balls entered the ring, chair in hand as Axl restrained the angry Amish chicken plucker. He backed against the ropes, building momentum for his signature chair shot, but Doring grabbed his legs, sending him face first into the mat. Rotten tried to gain some revenge, but he was laid out from behind with a lariat by Roadkill. Doring ascended the turnbuckle as Rotten was slammed to the mat, the full weight of Roadkill dropped on his chest. A flying legdrop followed and gave the last ECW tag champions the win.

Winners: Doring & Roadkill

Rating: C-

As we return from the Extreme Replay the camera joins Joey Styles and Tazz behind their desk. He informs us that we’re now going to show a tape received earlier today from one Michael Cole, WWE announcer. Styles brings up last Sunday at One Night Stand and turns to Taz for his thoughts. His colleague shrugs off the questions and tells him to ‘just roll the damn tape’.

Michael Cole appears on a screen, walking along the side of a pool, bathed in sun. He struts along the pathway, open shirt swaying in the breeze, Blues Brothers shades hiding his arrogant eyes, but not his sly smile.

COLE “Hey Tazz…how are ya, buddy? How’s your head feeling? I hope I didn’t hurt you too much…I guess my feet are a lot more educated than you thought. I suppose the question on everyone’s lips is ‘Why Michael, why?’…*chuckles*…well I’ll explain. You see I learnt a lot from you over our years broadcasting together. Honest to God, Tazz, you taught me a lot…and the biggest thing you taught me was that respect has to be taken, that no one will ever respect you if you don’t show them why they need to. The thing is Tazz you never gave me any respect, you treated me like I was second rate because I wasn’t a ‘worker’, because I wasn’t ‘extreme’. Well Tazz, I’m going to prove how extreme I am when I come to ECW next week. That’s right Tazz, I’m coming to play in your house, in front of your people – I want to meet you face to face. You may ask yourself why am I giving up all of this? *Cole opens his arms and motions to his surroundings* This L.A mansion, this beautiful weather, my six figure salary, to join you and all your sewer mutant pals in Extreme Championship Wrestling. Well I’ll tell you why – respect, and next week I will show you why you need to respect me. Ciao."

Cole walks off, cackling to himself.

STYLES“Well folks you heard it here first, next week former WWE announcer Michael Cole will make his debut in ECW, apparently challenging our very own Tazz. Any comments on that…challenge, Tazz?”

TAZZ“Styles, I ain’t going to say much on the matter, but what I will say is that if Michael Cole thinks he’s going to get a Stamford, Conneticut welcome when he steps into our ring next week he’s a bigger fool than I thought. I’m sure you’re watching Michael because you love the sound of your own voice, so I personally accept your challenge."

STYLES“There we go folks, next week Michael Cole and Tazz will have a face to face confrontation in this very ring.”

TAZZ“I bet he doesn’t even show…”

Rating – C

-Commercial Break-

Cruiserweight Number One Contendership Match

Psicosis vs Jamie Noble vs Gregory Helms

We come back from the break to find all three men in the ring, ready to start off the first triple threat match of the new ECW era. Tazz and Styles explain that this match is for Nunzio/Little Guido’s newly won Cruiseweight title. They also inform us that Gregory Helms demanded a temporary contract with ECW to reclaim his title and bring it back to Smackdown. The opening exchanges of the match were a timewarp to triple threats of past, as the threesome traded some classic lucha libre style moves. Helms took control, sending Psicosis to the floor whilst he worked away at Noble. However, a springboard dropkick soon brought Psicosis back into the fray. As the match went longer the offense got more high-risk, Noble coming close reversing a hurricanrana attempt into a Tiger Driver for a long 2 count. The former ECW man, Psicosis was again thrown over the top rope as Helms looked to isolate Noble. He thought he’d won the match after a superplex, but somehow Noble got the shoulder up. Helms was again frustrated when the fallen Noble kicked out of a rope assisted Sunset Flip. The former champ looked deep into his arsenal and picked Noble up for what looked to be a Vertebreaker, but Noble rolled out of it, but his charge off the ropes was met by a flying neckbreaker, following up by Helms’ Shining Wizard style kick. Helms staggered back against the ropes, about to fling himself on top of Noble, but he was tripped by Psicosis and pulled to the outside. Psicosis made his way back into the ring and as the now standing Noble groggily turned round his was met with a kick to the gut and a Crucifix Bomb for the 1-2-3. Helms looked disgusted after the match, robbed of a chance of a rematch for “his” title.

Winner: Psicosis

Rating: B

Joey Styles stands at the entrance way as the minstrels play their trumpets and former Olympic Gold medalist and ECW’s surprise draft pick Kurt Angle joins him on the ramp. Styles, mic in hand, goes back to his journalistic roots and asks Angle the million dollar question.

STYLES “Kurt, the question that seems to be on everyone’s lips is, well, what are you doing here in ECW?”

ANGLE “Why am I here? Why am I here?! I’ll tell you why I’m here. I, Kurt Angle, have conquered everything I have faced in my career. I won NCAA titles, I am a former US Freestyle champion at both junior and senior levels, I won the freaking gold medal at Atlanta ’96 and proved that I was THE BEST amateur wrestler in the world. I came to the WWE almost seven years ago to prove myself in the world of professional wrestling and since that day I have DOMINATED the competition. In my first year in the WWE I won the European, Intercontinental and Heavyweight titles as well as becoming King of the Ring. I was the most dominant force in sports entertainment, the baddest man on the planet. No one could touch me, no one could even get near me – I was on top of the world. Then things got stagnant for me. I had done everything I could in the WWE, won the highest prizes. I went on to claim more honours in my next six years, but my fire was gone. I came to the WWE preaching three I’s – intensity, integrity and intelligence, but the truth was I didn’t need them anymore - I was coasting in the WWE. Then ECW came calling. ECW, Extreme Championship Wrestling, the meanest, foulest, most violent brand on the planet. Anything goes in ECW, no holds barred, win by any means necessary, and that attitude relit the flames inside of me. I yearn for competition. I thrive of challenging myself, pushing my limits mentally and physically and where better to do that than inside an ECW ring. Last Sunday you saw the rebirth of the real Kurt Angle…Kurt Angle the wrestling machine. I am here to take apart any competition I may face. I will take on all comers…and I will destroy you. Next week will see the continuation of my open challenge. I will face anyone from anywhere, 4, 6, or 8-sided ring, human, android or freakin’ zombie, I will fight you and I will make you tap.”

Rating – A+

The image of an intense Kurt Angle is the last thing shown before we head to our final break.

-Commercial Break-

As we return the camera back away from the centre of the ring to reveal it encased in steel mesh. Senior official John Finnegan is due to take charge of the match, which will be fought under traditional ECW tornado rules according to Styles. The unholy trio of Edge, Mick Foley and Lita are first to make their way to the ring. As you would expect they receive a more than hostile reaction with trash being thrown and bad words aplenty. The mood of the arena changes dramatically as the Innovator of Violence, Tommy Dreamer and the Hardcore Legend, Terry Funk walk onto the stage. As the riff of a WWE butchered version of Man In The Box rings through the arena, Dreamer and a slightly slower Funk charge down to the ring and meet their nemesis’s on the outside.

Steel Cage Match

Edge and Mick Foley w/ Lita vs Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk

A furious fist fight takes all four men around the ring and through the crowd, with weapons shots and cheap shots coming frequently. Lita throws herself into the action, jumping on Funk’s back, but he throws her off and into a concessions stand much to the delight of the crowd. This does allow Edge to take the advantage and level Funk with a steel chair shot. Eventually all four men find their way back through the masses and into the ring so the match can officially begin. Lita, having recovered from her tossing into the popcorn maker, drags herself to ringside and tries to join the fight in the cage, but soon realizes that Finnegan has padlocked the door shut, insuring that it will be fair contest this time around. Edge and Foley take out Funk early with a double team rocketlauncher into the cage on Funk. These leaves Dreamer to fight both men, but his resistance is limited against the ruthless attacks of the ‘real’ hardcore legends. Lita attempts to assist her side by throwing a chair over the cage to her man, as Foley is mounted atop Dreamer, raining down punches. Dreamer and Funk both takes massive shots to the head, busting them open. Edge barks some instructions to Lita as Foley continues to assault Funk, grinding his head against the cage. Dreamer starts a brief comeback, cheered on by the crowd, but it’s thwarted quickly by Edge and a vicious Implant DDT. As Edge taunts the crowd, Lita emerges from under the ring with a toolbox, pulling from it some bolt cutters. She cuts the chain and the door swings open, allowing Edge to escape and pull his own toys from under the ring – barbwire and thumbtacks. Lita yells encouragement from the apron as Foley wraps the barbwire around the chair and Edge arranges the tacks on the mat. There’s some commotion in the crowd behind Lita and someone jumps the guardrail. It’s Beulah! She grabs Lita by the hair and slams her into the cage. She’s up quick as a cat as Foley and Edge are lining up Piledrivers on their respective weapons of choice. Beulah jumps on the apron, distracting them, which allows Dreamer and Funk to draw their second wind and backdrop their opponents. The fightback is on, cheered by Beulah and the partisan ECW crowd Dreamer and Funk lay into their foes. Both men are soon given crimson masks and looking very vulnerable. Dreamer goes for the Dreamer Driver on Edge, but Lita jumps into the ring and tries to save her man. She’s cut off by a flying Beulah, who dives at her, spearing Lita down to the mat. The two roll around on the mat, narrowly avoiding the tacks, as Styles calls CCCAATTTFFFIIGGHHT. Beulah gets the better of the exchange and, aided by Dreamer, pulls her up in the centre of the ring. Funk, Dreamer and Beulah all stand tall in the middle of the ring, their enemies each in a headlock. Dreamer gives out the battle cry of ‘E-C-W’ and all three take a DDT. Dreamer covers Foley and gets the loudest 3 count you will ever hear with all the arena joining in.

Winners: Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk

Rating: A

The show goes of the air with Beulah, Funk and Dreamer standing in the middle of the ring, arms aloft.

ECW is back.

-End Show-

Overall Rating: B-

SciFi Rating: 1,071,842 viewers

TSN Rating: 119,131 viewers

Couple of notes: Apologies about any spelling mistakes. I've spent the last 3 hours finishing everything off and I didn't fancy reading it all over. Also, the show was booked before the thread was made so it's not reaction booking :P.

I continue the love for heel Michael Cole. He's a great character, and I'm assuming his ECW "debut" will lead to him bringing in some new worker to attack Tazz, or lead to some more WWE vs. ECW fun and frolics.

Good stuff all round.

Like my fellow posters, I loved Cole and Angle's segments, and the opening segment as well. JBL's such a heat magnet it's untrue. However, I didn't like the Cage match; don't get me wrong, it was a good match, but re-using the Edge/Foley vs. Dreamer/Funk format seemed sloppy to me, although I'm not sure 'sloppy' is the right word.

FYI, I voted this 4 stars, because it hardly deserves two.

• 3 weeks later...

The show opens with a mysterious looking female sitting behind a table in a shadowy room, dressed like a fortune teller. She sits between a pair of crystal balls and laid out in front of her is a deck of cards. She begins turning the cards over and starts to speak, softly.

“Last week retribution was received and revenge was taken. Old rivalries were revisited and new ones began.”

She turns over a card revealing a large, monster-like creature.

“Whilst all the loose ends seemed to have been tied up, there are still monsters lurking in the darkness yet to be revealed.”

She turns over a final card which depicts a fire.

“Embers are smoldering, but they have not been put out. Whether they a set ablaze again depends on the person. Can they control their control the voices within or will let their jealousy consume them?”

She puts the final card down in line with the others.

“Only time will tell.”

The camera backs away as the opening montage begins.

Week 2

The cameras pan around the excited crowd and then down to Taz and Joey Styles who run through the card. They announce that tonight will be the first appearance of John Bradshaw Layfield on ECW television and that his opponent has yet to be revealed, but Styles informs us that it’s been chosen by RVD himself. They also announce that Psicosis will challenge Guido for his Cruiserweight title tonight and that Michael Cole will apparently grace the ring tonight, but Taz is quick to point out that he hasn’t arrived yet.

The first in ring action of the night is the appearance of Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk coming down to ringside, led by Beulah. They’re clearly slightly wounded from their brutal encounter last week, but their smiles show they’re enjoying being back in front of the ECW faithful. Dreamer gets on the stick.

DREAMER“Thank you all. It’s great to be home.”

An ECDub chant starts up, as you would expect.

“And I’ll tell you this, there ain’t nothing that compares to coming back to New York and standing in this ring in front of all you people, the most rabid, hardcore wrestling fans in the whole damn world!”

The crowd appreciates Dreamer’s, err, kind words, and welcomes the home town boy back to NYC.

“Last week Terry Funk and I finally got our revenge on Edge and Mick Foley. We showed them what ECW really means. It’s not about fancy production values, pay per views or wacky gimmicks; it’s about beating the living crap out of each other for the honour and respect of you, the ECW fans. We fought for you, the fans, because, like Paul said last week, you are ECW, and with that behind us we knew we could never lose…even when that skank tried to get in her way, but we showed her, didn’t we, honey?”

Dreamer turns to Beulah and blows a kiss, as she takes her plaudits and curtsies, giving those standing behind a nice flash of her underwear.

“That’s more like it. Anyway, that’s enough ass for now, we need to get on with the show.”

The fans boo causing Dreamer to crack a wry smile.

“Ok, ok, maybe later. Anyway, after myself and the true hardcore legend Terry Funk destroyed those two pretenders last week I got thinking about the whole thing, and I remembered something that they had said a month or so back on some shit show on Monday nights. Hmm, what was it called? Any ideas what that is, Terry? Nah, me neither. Anyway, I somehow dug out some footage of it. Roll the tape.”

On screen appears Mick Foley and Edge in a Raw ring and the clip shows Foley declaring him and Edge as joint Hardcore champions.

“Now since we beat…destroyed them last week, I guess that makes us the REAL Hardcore champions, the most extreme tag team in wrestling today.”

Dreamer’s mocking of his foes is cut short by the appearance of ‘Dastardly’ Danny Doring and Roadkill on the stage.

DORING“You think you’re the most extreme tag team in wrestling? Well Tommy, you’re wrong. See Tommy, I’m not sure how much you remember about ECW seeing as you were so quick to sell out and jump to WWE, but myself and my man Roadkill never lost the ECW Tag Team titles, and I think you’ll find that makes us the real champions here.”

Dreamer pauses after Doring finishes, looking around almost rolling his eyes, then begins his rebuttal.

DREAMER “You know what Danny, you’re right. Clearly you two are the best tag team here in ECW and the ‘true’ champions. But there’s one thing I always wanted to ask you – when you were fucking Roadkill how did you manage get your stumpy little arm round that fat gut of his to give him the reach around?”

Doring’s look of smugness quickly drops and he stares at Dreamer for a second, before the two charge down to the ring for a good old fashioned brawl. As the officials try to break the five up we go to the first commercial.

Rating:

-Commercial Break-

We return from the break with the ring melay free and just Johnny Swinger and John Finnegan standing between the ropes. Swinger jumps from side to side on his two, waiting the arrival of the man he challenged, the ‘Wrestling Machine’ Kurt Angle. He doesn’t have to wait long as the trumpets sounded and ECW’s only Olympic champion made his way down the ramp, towel draped over his head. He slid under the bottom rope, removed his veil and waited for the starter’s orders.

Ding, ding.

Angle went straight to work, diving at Swinger’s ankles. Soon Swinger ended up with his face against the canvas, scrambling for the ropes. This time Angle let him live, as he scrambled up the ropes, startled by Angle’s speed. Angle stood back, ready to pounce, his ear to ear grin revealing his gum shield with the word ‘MACHINE’ written across it. Swinger locked up again, but found himself driven to the mat with a fireman’s takeover, and with no release or moment of thought Angle applied the armbar. As his opponent tried to inch his way to the ropes, Angle smiled more, then like lightning got to his feet, pulled Swinger in and applied a choke hold, forcing his victim to tap out.

Winner: Kurt Angle

Rating:

An extreme replay is shown as Tazz and Styles point out how machine-like Angle was as he defeated Swinger. Tazz calls him a ‘wrestling machine’, but their banter is interrupted by some unfamiliar music. Through the curtain steps the sultry Melina, followed in tow by her man, Johnny Nitro. The vixen prances down the ramp, blowing kisses to the crowd and flaunting her assets with the odd cheeky flash which gets the pulses of the fans racing. Nitro smugly struts behind her, letting everyone know that she is ‘his woman’. She enters the ring with her trademark split legged move with Nitro blocking the cameras behind her. They both entered the ring and Nitro was handed a mic.

NITRO“If I could have your attention please, it is my great pleasure to introduce to you the diva too hot for Smackdown…the vixen too extreme for Raw…your Queen…MELINA!”

Nitro claps as Melina jumps to the front of the ring, curtsying and blowing kisses to her ‘public’. She’s met with a mixed reaction but she ignores it and waves the microphone around like a septor.

MELINA“Thank you, thank you. It’s great to be out here once again in front of my loyal subjects. It seems like an eternity since you were all treated to a look at the real femme fatale of ECW. I must apologise for the…interruption I had at One Night Stand. It seems that someone has some jealousy issues to deal with…and to be honest, who can blame her? I mean if I saw someone out here looking like I do I’d be jealous too.”

Melina pauses and turns to Johnny Nitro who claps approvingly before she continues.

“And that is the very reason I’m out here tonight. You see I care about my people. When I look out into this audience I see thousands of men looking at me longingly, wishing they could ever get close to a girl like me. Well I’m sorry boys, but you can’t. The truth is none of you are worthy of someone as hot…as sexy…as beautiful as myself...but as your Queen I will show pity on you and let you dream for a moment.”

Melina begins to twirl, giving them a gander at the goods as Nitro applauds again. Melina seems to be about to give her final address when the PA system cranks up and everyone’s eyes turn to the curtain. There is some quiet anticipation as everyone expects Francine arrive, but their seems to be some confusion when a young blonde bombshell makes her way down the aisle. She walks around the ring, takes a microphone from the ring announcer and enters the squared circle under the bottom rope.

BLONDE“Hi everyone, my name is Kelly and I’m an exhibitionist. I wasn’t due to come out until later but I just couldn’t wait to get out her and take all my clothes off for you fans. Some girls might be too much of a prude *she glances at Melina* to come out her and give you what you want to see, but I’m not.”

Some more music hits again and Kelly begins to unbutton her top, much to the disgust of Melina and Nitro. She spins around and throws her shirt at Nitro, which draws a quick smile from him, but Melina’s scowl quickly ends that and they both attack Kelly. Melina knocks her down with a clothesline then they both start stomping her, before officials come down to break it up. Melina leaves the ring, cackling, yelling that’s there’s only room for one vixen on this show. Kelly is helped to the back, cheered by the crowd.

Rating:

A WWE ‘Don’t Try This At Home’ message airs before Joey Styles announces that Michael Cole has arrived at the arena and is making his way out to ringside as we speak. Just as Styles finishes his sentence an instrumental version of Slick’s old theme music ‘Jive Soul Bro’ begins playing. Michael Cole walks onto the stage, arms held out, sarcastically welcoming the jeers he receives. He looks dapper in his cream suit, white loafers and jet black shades, strutting down the ramp like he were the second coming of the Fonz. As he passes one of the cameras he announces that ‘Michael Cole has arrived, baby’, before climbing the stairs, wiping his feet on the apron and entering the ring. Stick time.

COLE“Come on Tazz, get in here, I thought you’d be happy to see me.”

Tazz slowly gets out of his chair and enters the ring, snarling at the teeth.

“What Tazz, no hug? I thought we were boys? What about a shake then?”

Cole extends his hand, but Tazz just stares at him.

“Woah, it’s certainly a lot colder in ECW, isn’t it? *chuckles*”

Tazz gets frustrated with Cole’s jibes and responds.

TAZZ“Look Cole, what do you want? We’re trying to run a real wrestling show here, we haven’t got time for any of your WWE crap.”

COLE“Calm down there, buddy, I was just trying to be polite. I guess ECW doesn’t stand for Extremely Courteous Wrestlers. Anyway, I’m here tonight because I want to apologise. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking these past two weeks and I’ve decided what I did wasn’t very nice. You know what I’m talking about, right Tazz? Well just incase you forgot lets roll the tape, shall we?”

The production crew rolls the footage of Cole kicking Tazz in the head as he goes to leave the ring at One Night Stand. It then shows him help Jerry Lawler piledrive Tazz. It shows this from various angles and at various speeds. Tazz does not seem to enjoy this.

“That refresh your memory? Oh I can see it did, your head is starting to turn into a giant Beet again. Anyway Tazz I wanted to come out here and tell you I’m sorry for what happened. I don’t know what came over me. I guess I just took what you said to me a little too literally. So I’m out here to ask for your forgiveness and hopefully earn your respect.”

Tazz seems unmoved by Cole’s sentiments, but this doesn’t stop Big Daddy MC.

“Come on guys, don’t you think Tazz should forgive me?”

The crowd lets out a mass of boos and a chant of ‘fuck him up Tazz, fuck him up’ begins.

“Ok, I’m not feeling much love here tonight. How about this Tazz, I’ll sweeten the deal for you. Since I cheap-shotted you at One Night Stand you can have a free shot at me tonight. Come on Tazz, lay one on me, right on the chops, I deserve it.”

Cole sticks his chin out, offering it to Tazz, but he seems very reluctant to take the offer. It looks as if Tazz is going to take his revenge as his right arm flinches.

“Woah, hold on a second, let me take my glasses off, don’t want to ruin these bad boys, they cost me a lot of green. Alright Tazz, I’m ready for it, let me have it.”

Cole pokes his chin out again, bracing himself for the hit. Again Tazz’s arm flinches but Cole backs away quickly.

“Oh yeah Tazz, one last thing.”

“Turn around.”

Tazz turns around straight into the boot of Gene Snitsky who had snuck into the ring through the crowd. Snitsky throws his arms up, showing his aggression. He picks up a prone Tazz and whips him into the ropes, then as he comes back lifts him high, swing him in mid air and plants him with a big slam. Michael Cole just stands back and cackles. They leave through the crowd, escorted by security, as Tazz is left on the canvas, knocked out.

Rating:

-Commercial Break-

We come back and it’s now time for the Cruiserweight title match. Joey Styles announces that Tazz has received a concussion as a result of the heinous attack by Gene Snitsky and will not be joining him for the remainder of the show. The challenger Psicosis is the first man out for the title match, receiving a lot more cheers than he did when he was on Smackdown. The same can be said for the champion, Guido Maritato, who seems a lot more at home with his cult following in ECW. As you would expect the match began with a cagey opening, due to the fact the both men are very familiar with each other. Lots of armdrags and reversals in the early stages, neither competitor wanting to give up the early momentum. The crowd clearly enjoyed the ECW style encounter, giving them a round of applause after every exchange. Soon Psicosis had the advantage after Guido missed the Sicilian Slice from the second rope. Psicosis went to work on the neck of Guido, looking to set him up for the Guillotine legdrop later. With Guido lying prone on the mat after a Splash Mountain from the top rope, Gregory Helms made his way down to ringside. John Finnegan checked on Guido as he lay in the middle of the ring, as Helms pushed Psicosis from the top rope. A single arm swinging DDT by Guido and it was all over. Helms walked back up the ramp muttering about it being ‘his title’.

Winner: Nunzio (V1 Defense)

Rating:

After an advert for ECW live! and feed comes back to the arena and JBL makes his way down to the ring. He is greeted by his now customary garbage confetti, but it’s ignored as the self proclaimed ‘Wrestling God’ has his eyes firmly focused on the squared circle. The former champ is due to face an opponent of RVD’s choosing tonight. He snatches the microphone from the ring announcer and orders him out of the ring.

JBL“Alright then Paul, send him out here, I haven’t got all day.”

Layfield doesn’t have to wait long as the Arabian snake charmer toots and the Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal Sabu is drawn through the cloth. He points skyward then sprints down to the ring, sliding under the bottom rope only to be met with the boots of JBL. The former World champion is ruthless in his attacks, not even stopping to insult the crowd as he manhandles their hero. JBL tosses Sabu around, slamming him from corner to corner then attempting to decapitate him with lariats and big fists. JBL gets a near fall after a Fallaway slam, but allows Sabu back into the match after his frustration disrupts his concentration. JBL goes for the quick finish with the Clothesline from Hell, but Sabu ducks, springs off the opposite ropes and hits a Asai Moonsault. With the ECW faithful behind him he builds some momentum. His death defying offense gets the crowd going and the louder the cheers get the more risks Sabu takes. He leaves the ring and grabs a chair, setting up for the Double Jump Moonsault. However, this goes against him when he jumps off the top rope and feels the force of a steel chair thrown into his skull. “He was playing possum” is the cry from Styles as JBL draws boos from the crowd. JBL continues the assault, pummeling the man from Bombay, India. JBL sets up for the Clothesline from Hell once again, but he’s distracted by the appearance of his nemesis Rob Van Dam at the entrance. RVD is holding the ECW title, shining it up. JBL leans over the top rope and yells at his foe, but the verbals are cut short by Sabu flying off the chair and crashing into JBL’s back. Layfield crashes to the mat as Sabu points up high. He goes to the top rope and hits the Arabian Facebuster for the 1-2-3.

Winner: Sabu

Rating:

The show ends with Sabu and RVD celebrating on top of the ramp, with JBL picking himself up in ring, not looking best pleased.

-End Show-

---

Note: The ratings have yet to be filled because TGC is booking them in TEW and he hasn't had a computer to put them through yet. Enjoy!

Well, you wanted some real feedback, so...

- Liked the backstory. It kind of summarized what was already going on with the WWE at the time, only with a little twist. JBL wanting to be in ECW is certainly an interesting choice, as he can fill in the character that Kurt Angle SHOULD have been upon getting drafted to ECW, and that's an anti-ECW wrestler who wants to show them what the WWE is really about. Nice touch with having him facing Tracy Smothers, someone who he really has heat with. Don't know why that guy question you two about JBL facing Smothers at ONSII, as it made perfect sense.

Now, onto the WWE vs ECW special.

- Shelton Benjamin defending the IC title against Steven Richards was sort of a surprise, seeing as the two are on completely different levels in their respective brands. However, Richards on TV is always good, so, might as well make it meaningful.

- Nunzio being the oppurtunist is pretty good. Weird seeing Johnny Nitro fighting for the Cruiserweight title, and also Shane Helms being called out of his name though. Figured he'd win the match. Hopefully he turns back to Little Guido soon.

- Jazz shaking hands with some WWE diva? Doesn't seem like Jazz to me, but oh well. At least she got the win.

- Nice seeing Kurt Angle winning the battle royal, although I question the sanity of making Snitsky look like a monster on behalf of the WWE.

- The two main event matches were booked realistically. A fifteen minute time limit is a bit strange to see, but the attack at the end made for good build-up to ONSII.

Now, One Night Stand II.

- Great opening to the show. It really built for the rest of the pay-per-view well, and got me into it immediately.

- Nice touch in calling Yoshihiro Tajiri by his real name for the ECW event. A lot of diaries forget to do that. Cool way for Guido to win as well, really sneaky but not too over the top with cheating. Bring on the Crazy/Tajiri wars!

- The JBL/Tracy Smothers match reminded me of the real JBL/Blue Meanie encounter a year ago. Seemed like a pretty stiff match, which is good because of the heat between these two. Hopefully you can book JBL really well in ECW, as he could be the future top heel of the company.

- The Michael Cole heel turn made the show for me. Seriously, it was well book and I could imagine it happening. Very realistical. RAW & Smackdown! teaming up is a strange sight to see, but when it's to fight ECW, I guess they throw all that competiveness away and join together.

- Intense Angle is good, as that's the kind of attitude he's needed to have for awhile now.

- Personally, I wouldn't have had Sandman destroy Danny Doring & Roadkill, as they could be a future tag team in your new ECW. There were so many other people for Sandman to cane, so why them? I mean, it's good having them on the PPV, but there surely must have been a better role for these two to play instead of Sandman's caning boys.

- I agree with the use of the 6-1-9 at an ECW event and Sabu & Mysterio hugging getting cheered is ridiculous, especially after saying he was trying to make up for last year. Seemed like a pretty WWE-ish match instead of a real luchador contest.

- Melina/Francine Catfight~! Nice filler segment before the big tag match.

- Edge getting the win over Terry Funk with a title belt shot was pretty stupid. Out of all things to do to a crazed man, a title belt shot floors him long enough to get the pin? A title wrapped in barbed wire I could see, but a title belt, let alone the Hardcore title belt that's fallen apart to the point where it could do little damage really was a let-down finish.

- I was certainly surprised to see John Cena walking out still the WWE champion. It was booked smartly, which made it more interesting as to see what's going to happen next. Seemed like a pretty bad night for RVD, and a crap finish to end an ECW show, but I guess it'll all make sense come your first real show. I'm not going to judge the diary off of this, because it really could have happened in the WWE and easily would have if Vince McMahon had said so.

Now, ECW on Sci-Fi, the debut show.

- A good, strong opening segment with two of the premier familiar faces. Good idea to plant the seeds for a match like RVD vs JBL, as not only is their a little bit of history there, but it's a match that crossover fans could appreciate it. You write for JBL really well, btw.

- Good to see Doring & Roadkill going over after the Sandman fiasco ONSII. Already you've built the foundation for a tag division.

- Loved the Michael Cole promo. He's already one of your strongest characters, just from a simple turn that nobody expected to come. I love turns like these, and characters that never have had much personality being booked really well. Great job.

- Decent little triple threat cruiserweight action. I don't understand why Helms doesn't use his rematch clause for a title shot, but it certainly makes the CW division more interesting then just a Helms/Guido rematch.

- Strong segment for Kurt Angle. You really have already gotten him over as an intense, no-nonsense, man on a mission type of guy. I'm really looking foward to see how you book him in ECW.

- The main event was pretty good, and gives ECW some justice after ONSII. I like the addition of Lita & Beulah to the match, and the triple DDT finish was awesome. Good idea with Mick Foley doing the job to Dreamer, as Foley wouldn't hurt from taking a pinfall while the red hot Edge would.

More ECW on Sci-Fi.

- Nice trip down memory lane with Tommy Dreamer & Beulah. Makes me want to go watch an old ECW show. Also, glad to see your putting Danny Doring & Roadkill over, and booking them strongly.

- Good idea to feed Johnny Swinger to Kurt Angle. Again, the intense, no-nonsense, man on a mission attitude is working for this new Kurt Angle.

- Johnny Nitro & Melina in ECW? This screams all types of goodness. Kelly interrupting was kind of funny, with the way she presented herself.

- Kind of funny seeing a "Dont Try This At Home" message during an ECW show, although it's for the best with all the crazy shit these guys do.

- Digging the Michael Cole stuff, although again, I question your sanity in booking Gene Snitsky like a friggin' monster. Oh well, gotta push new talent, right? Another strong promo in a series of them that makes Michael Cole very believable as a prick who has other people do his dirty work for him. Hopefully this brings out the real Taz.

- Cruiserweight action was pretty blah. Just couldn't get into it. Maybe it was the participants, maybe it was just me. Who knows? I like what you are doing with Gregory Helms though.

- Pretty much figured that Sabu would be JBL's opponent for tonight. Good main event action, as I think Sabu & JBL could actually put on a pretty good match. The finish was decent, and again builds towards a potential RVD/JBL match.

Overall, this diary is pretty good, but it's just lacking something. I don't quite know what, but maybe it just needs to pick up. You're starting off good though, and slowly building up characters and slowly building towards things, which I like. I don't know why people don't really comment, as this is definently one, if not the best and more realistic ECW diaries on this board. And believe me, there's a lot of them that don't cut it.

Good job. (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

We kick off the show for the second week in a row with a dark room, lit by the flutters of candlelight. From the darkness emerges the mysterious women, pale skin contrasting with her long, midnight black hair. The camera follows her eyes and see takes a seat at the table now revealed in front of her. She leans over the table, picks up the deck of tarot cards and deals them out in front of her.

“A beast still follows us. It jumps from shadow to shadow, taunting us, trying to lead us astray.”

The camera shows a card labeled jealousy. She turns over another card.

“But can we be strong?”

She turns over a final card.

“Tonight there will be some big challenges, but the greatest of them all is greed. Can these evil desires be fought off?”

She turns over a final card, smiles, but does not let the camera see it.

“We shall see.”

---

Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the...FLOOR!

Show 3

Yes ladies and gentlemen, we are live from Roanoke, Virginia for the third broadcast of ECW on SciFi. The dynamic duo of Joey ‘Oh My God’ Styles and the former ECW World champion Tazz are sitting at the table, soaking up the atmosphere before they open up the show. As you would expect the two men discuss tonight show, accompanied by some snazzy ‘extreme’ graphics. Styles talks about tonight being the second part of warm up for next week’s ECW World title match where Rob Van Dam will face John Bradshaw Layfield. Tonight it will be RVD’s turn to take on an opponent of JBL’s choosing. Footage is shown of JBL’s loss to Sabu following a distraction by Van Dam. Styles and Tazz speculate about the identity of the challenger, with Tazz adding “the only thing I’m sure of is that this guy is gonna be tough.” Also tonight, they reveal, Paul Heyman has booked a 4-way elimination tag match after the fall out from last week. They comment on the rumours that the winner of this match will be announced as the first Tag champions of the new ECW. They briefly mention Kurt Angle’s open challenge before they are interrupted by a massive pop and the debut of Stevie Richards on ECW TV.

Richards bops and bounces his way down to ringside to his old ECW theme, slapping hands with the fans and generally looking like he was enjoying himself. He school boy errors the ring announcer before taking the stick off him and stepping into the ring.

STEVIE“Heeellllooo Virginia! Yes, I’m back! The man, the myth, the legend, the hitch hikin’, beatdown takin’, economy class flyin’, super kickin’ son of a gun, Big Stevie Cool, Stevie Richards! I’m home and I’m here to start over. First off I want to apologise to you, the fans. In 1997 I left my home, the company that gave me my big break, Extreme Championship Wrestling. I left because I wanted to move on to bigger things, to take Steviemania worldwide, and for that I am not sorry. However, ever since that day I have had one regret. When I stepped into this ring almost 15 years ago I had one goal and that was to win the ECW World championship. I wanted to be the man of the people, the greatest champion in the history of the sport, the champion of you, the fans, but I never did that…and it stops right now. Today is the beginning of a new era in ECW, the era of Steviemania! The days of Stevie Richards, lovable putz is over…today begins the era of Stevie Richards the champion…”

The rebirth is interrupted by everyone’s favourite yuppie stepping through the curtain. The Mike Daddy is back and with him is his client, the man-beast, Gene Snitsky. Cole struts down the aisle, his white loafers dancing down the ramp, Snitsky methodically following, grunting and rubbing his hands. Cole waits on the apron as Snitsky holds the ropes open for him. Tazz stares hard at Cole as he snatches the microphone from Richards.

COLE “You’re going to be ECW World champion? You? Bwahahahaha! You think you’ve got what it takes to win a World title? Look at you, you’re a loser. I wouldn’t hire you to clean my pool. You know what the saddest thing is? These people actually look up to you. But you know what Stevie, I’ll bite, because this is a perfect opportunity for me to show what my client can do. This man is the meanest, toughest, most destructive monster in wrestling today…isn’t that right, Tazz?”

Cole turns towards Tazz and begins to laugh. Tazz just glares at him.

“So Stevie, good luck. How does that tired old catchphrase go? Win if you can, survive if he lets you.”

Cole smiles at Stevie, who is attacked from behind by Snitsky leading to an impromptu match.

Stevie Richards vs Gene Snitsky

The crowd is firmly behind Stevie, but sadly wrestling is more than a popularity contest. Snitsky beat Richards from pillar to post, showing absolutely no mercy. The Big MC, Michael Cole stood on the outside, barking instructions, cackling as his monster laid into Stevie. Richards managed to duck a massive avalanche splash in the corner, scuttling back and hitting the Stevie Kick, but it didn’t even stagger Snitsky. Snarling at the teeth, Snitsky stepped out of the corner, gave Richards a huge headbutt, whipped him into the ropes and planted him into the mat with a vicious spinning side slam for the win.

Winner: Gene Snitsky

Rating: 67%

Michael Cole stepped back inside the ring with the stick again.

COLE“Now that was great. You know what, I want to see that again. Can we can an action replay?”

As if on cue, Snitsky picked Richards up, threw him into the ropes and gave him another giant spinning side slam.

COLE – “Wow, that was even more impressive the second time. Dare I ask, how about one more?”

Snitsky lifts a lifeless Richards to his feet once again, but he and Michael Cole quickly bolted out of the ring as Tazz dived in for the save. He tended to Stevie as Cole and Snitsky retreated up the aisle.

As Joey Styles discusses the despicable acts of Cole and Snitsky and officials tended to Stevie Richards we cut to an ECW Live break.

-ECW Live Advert-

The cameras come back backstage to find on loan WWE superstar Gregory Helms frantically running through the corridors of the arena. He hurriedly opened doors and peered in, apparently looking for something. He stops when he found one of the production guys.

HELMS“Hey, have you seen any of the boys around?”

PRODUCTION GUY“No, sorry.”

HELMS – “Damn it”

Helms leaves the room and goes back to his search. He opens the next door to find Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney playing cards.

“Either of you guys want to be my partner tonight?”

AXL“Not a chance, short stuff”

Helms growled as he slammed the door shut, hearing Balls and Axl laughing in the background. He darted across the hall and opened the next door into a dressing room. He ran in and opened the bathroom door within, which was sharply followed by a scream.

HELMS “Sorry!”

Helms sprinted out the room as Beulah emerged from the shower, dripping wet, clutching a towel.

The camera follows Helms running down the hall and shows him sliding around the corner. It spins back and shows the other side of this t-junction where Kelly is walking towards the camera. A figure jogs up behind her and taps her on this shoulder. It’s Johnny Nitro.

NITRO“Hey Kelly, how are you? I just wanted to come and apologise about last week and for Melina. She didn’t mean it, honestly, I mean, you know what girls are like. I tried to stop her but she can be a little bit…vicious when she thinks people are trying to take the spotlight from her. So, are we ok?”

KELLY – “…I guess so.”

NITRO“Good, because what I really wanted to say to you was that I really enjoyed your little show last week.”

A smile emerged from Kelly’s worried look.

KELLY “Really?”

NITRO“Oh yeah. I hope it’s not the last I’ll see of it.”

KELLY“Well Johnny, you’ll have to wait and see about that, won’t you?”

Kelly walks off, smiling, Nitro standing back admiring the view when suddenly his daydream is broken by the squealing appearance of Melina.

MELINA “Johnny! What the hell were you doing talking to her?”

NITRO “Err, err, nothing, I was just standing here and she came up to me and just starting throwing herself at me.”

MELINA “Right, that’s it, I’ve had just about enough of her, first she tries to steal my airtime and now she’s trying to steal my man?! Come on Johnny, we’re ending this once and for all.”

Melina stomps off while Nitro stands there for a moment, remembering the image of Kelly walking away.

MELINA - “Johnny!!”

Nitro quickly jumps into action and follows Melina down the corridor.

Rating – 73%

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Straight back from the break the cameras are on the entrance ramp as Melina stomps down towards ringside, her heels clanging against the steel. Johnny Nitro trails behind, smiling like a mischievous child. He eggs her on as she angrily strides towards the squared circle. Nitro runs around the outside and grabs Melina a microphone, on her orders.

MELINA“Kelly, I want you to get your skank ass out here right now! Last week you came out and tried to steal MY spotlight and MY fans, now you’re trying to steal MY man?! You think you could get your claws on someone like my Johnny? Hah! You’re dreaming, honey, because Johnny is a real man and he needs a REAL woman to satisfy him. Come on bitch, get out here now, I’m going to teach you some manners.”

Melina eagerly awaits the arrival of her foe but she is surprised when some different music comes out of the PA system. The crowd show great appreciation for the femme fatale who steps through the curtain, the original Queen of Extreme, Francine. She has a stick of her own.

FRANCINE “You need to watch your mouth little girl or it’s going to get you hurt, ‘cos your attitude may have got you somewhere on Raw or Smackdown, but it’s not going to fly here. You come out here saying this is your show, that everyone came to see you, that you’re the ‘Queen’ of Extreme Championship Wrestling, well you know what I think you are? I think you’re a whiny little bitch.”

The crowd cheer Francine’s burn as Melina stands there stunned, mouth wide open.

MELINA“I’ve had just about as much as I can take of you. You know what you are? You’re a bitter old wench, withered and wrinkled, jealous because the boys don’t want to play with you anymore. Well why don’t you bring yourself down here and I’ll put you out of your misery.”

Francine seems to accept the challenge as she strolls to the ring, but then pauses halfway.

FRANCINE “I won’t…but he will.”

She points to the far side of the arena as some familiar music kicks in and through the crowd comes The Sandman. He takes his time getting to the ring, making his prey wait anxiously. Nitro crouches, waiting to pounce as Melina stands behind him. The Sandman forgoes the can crushing this time and slides into the ring. Nitro makes a rookie mistake and lets Sandman get to his feet, then goes for a clothesline, but it’s ducked. THWACK! Cane shot to Nitro! He quickly gets up, but takes another shot for his troubles. Sandman turns his attentions now to Melina, who is down on her knees begging for mercy. Sandman grabs her by the hair and looks set to make it a trifecta of cane smashes when Francine tackles Melina from behind, inviting the cry of CATFIGHT from Joey Styles. Melina and Nitro manage to find the bottom rope and roll to the outside, then escape through the crowd as Sandman and Francine celebrate with a beer.

Rating: 68%

After a promo for the upcoming Raw/Smackdown supershow we come back to the ring where Tazz and Styles explain that it’s time for the Kurt Angle Open Challenge. Already in the ring is his opponent for this week, Danny Basham, accompanied by his brother Doug. Styles informs us of Danny’s background in amateur wrestling, emphasising that it will be a tougher challenge for Angle this week. The remix begins as the trumpets replay and the Extreme Wrestling Machine Kurt Angle makes his way to the ring.

Kurt Angle vs Danny Basham

Angle seems to be up against stiffer opposition this week in the form of a former WWE Tag champion. Angle looks intense as always, but Basham is unphased…until the bell. Angle goes at him like a rabid dog, biting at his ankles. Basham jumps around the ring like a little girl frightened by a mouse as he tries to escape the grasp of the Olympic Gold Medalist. Eventually Angle gets hold of him and slams him to the mat. Basham jumps straight back up to his feet, but he meets a disgusting headbutt from Angle and hits the deck again. Ankle Lock. Tap out. All she wrote.

Winner: Kurt Angle

Rating: 77%

The cameras again cut backstage where we again find Gregory Helms running around, apparently looking for a tag team partner. He tries the next door he comes to, but it’s the broom closet. He picks up a mop and contemplates tagging with it, but shakes his head and throws it to the ground. His next port of call is the bathroom.

HELMS“Hey, anyone in here?”

Al Snow’s voice answers his call from behind a stall.

SNOW “Just me buddy.”

HELMS “Al, you want to be my partner tonight?”

SNOW “Sorry pal, but I’ve got some problems of my own right now.”

A horrendous sound comes from behind the toilet door.

SNOW“Phewey! Watch out below!”

Helms shakes his head and sprints out the door. He bumps into an unknown character, similar size to Helms, longer hair, with tattoos up both of his arms.

HELMS“Watch where you’re going kid…hey, are you a worker?”

UNKNOWN“Yes I am.”

HELMS“You want to be my partner tonight? It’s a big match.”

UNKNOWN “Sure”

HELMS “Great, we’re up next…oh, and what’s your name kid?”

UNKNOWN “My name…is CM Punk.”

HELMS “Ah, it doesn’t matter, come on kid, our match is next.”

Rating: 72%

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

We take a view of the arena from the outside then it’s back inside where Styles and Tazz tell us that it’s now time for the 4-way tag team elimination match. First team out are The Full Blooded Italians, accompanied to the ring by Big Guido. Maritato walks down to the ring sporting his Cruiseweight title belt and is sure to show it off to the crowd. Next out are the last ECW tag team champions, ‘Dastardly’ Danny Doring and the angry Amish chicken-plucker Roadkill who get a less than warm reception from the Virginia crowd. Third out is Gregory Helms and his new ally, CM Punk. Helms gives Punk and pep talk as they wander to ringside, pointing to Little Guido and telling him ‘he’s mine’. The final team out get the loudest pop of the night, Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk come through the curtain accompanied by the delightful Beulah. They hit the ring and the match begins.

The FBI vs Doring & Roadkill vs Helms & Punk vs Funk & Dreamer

Referee John Finnegan breaks up the original melay and regains a bit of order in the match. Doring and Roadkill start off dominating Dreamer, taking out some of their frustrations from last week. Punk gets some good early shots in, but every time Little Guido gets in the ring Helms calls him to tag out. The first casualties of the match are the team of Dreamer and Funk, much to the crowd’s surprise. Whilst Dreamer battles off both Doring and Roadkill in the ring, Edge, Mick Foley and Lita make their way through the crowd. They jump the barrier and pull Funk down off the apron, pummeling him. Quickly they drag and through him back towards the ramp. Beulah squeals from the outside at Tommy and points towards the mob who have taken his mentor captive. Dreamer slides under the bottom rope and chases after them, eliminated by count out. The next team out are the FBI as CM Punk picks up an impressive debut victory, making Tony Mamaluke submit with the Anaconda Vice after an STO-like move. However, Punk is left prone on his own when Helms hightails it out the ring, chasing after Little Guido and his title belt. Punk has no chance against the more experience team and is soon a victim of the Buggybag. Doring and Roadkill pick up the victory.

Winners: Doring & Roadkill

Rating: 74%

The cameras go straight from the action to the backstage area where there is still some commotion. The camera follows Tommy Dreamer and Beulah as the scramble their way into the parking lot. A horrified looks is shown on Dreamer’s face and a cry of ‘noooo’ as they feed turn to show Foley and Edge double powerbombing Terry Funk from a car, through a plate of glass perched between two chairs atop a flaming table. The evil trio see Beulah and Dreamer and sprint from the building as Beulah screams for the EMTs.

Rating: 86%

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Before the main event Joey Styles has the unfortunate job of reporting that Terry Funk has been taken to hospital with severe lacerations and burns. Tommy Dreamer and Beulah are at his side, but, as Styles says in a somber tone, this could be the end of Terry Funk. The crowd, obviously oblivious to this information quickly turns to frenzy as Rob Van Dam makes his way out to ringside for his warm up match against an opponent of JBL’s choice. Layfield comes out onto the stage, but he does not say a word. Instead, he points behind him and the identity of challenger is revealed.

“Weeeelllll, it’s the Big Show!”

The 7 foot tall, 500 pound monster raises one arm then strides towards RVD, walking up the steps and going over the top rope in one giant step.

Rob Van Dam vs The Big Show

Van Dam tries to use his speed and agility to take it to the big man in the early going. His high risk offence seems to be working until he goes to the top rope once too often and Big Show crushes him with a huge clothesline. Show continues the assault, much to the dismay of the crowd, punishing the fan favourite. He looks to have the match wrapped up, crushing RVD’s chest and sternum with a massive Bearhug, but RVD battles back. He fights out of the hold with rights and headbutts, then springs off the ropes with a kick to the jaw. RVD continued his momentum, keeping Show grounded, trying to leave him primed for the Frog Splash. RVD jumps to the top rope and scores with a spinning heel kick, knocking Show silly and sending him crashing to the mat. RVD points up top again and looks to ascend up the turnbuckles and the ref checks on Show. RVD steadies himself. CRACK! JBL runs down to the ring and smashes a chair across the back of RVD. The crowd pelt JBL with garbage as Show picks RVD up for the Chokeslam and the win.

Winner: The Big Show

Rating: 78%

The show ends in a reversal of the previous as JBL stands on the stage taunting his defeated rival.

-End Show-

Overall Rating: 73%

Edited by lafunky xxvii

liked the show especially how you debuted CM Punk. one thing which i didn't like was the

"Foley and Edge double powerbombing Terry Funk from a car, through a plate of glass perched between two chairs atop a flaming table"

i know its ECW but WWE wouldn't allow it for a fact. and it seems a little bit unrealistic, possibly in CZW where its really risky but the new ECW wouldn't really have that but apart from that good show.