WWF 1996

I agree that it's an underrated diary too, I really like this one. I never really can imagine myself writing a 1996 diary, especially not at this standard. Keep up the brilliant work with this one though, just read through it and love it! It has the potential to last a very long time!

Edited by andrethegiantstopfan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your opinions, guys.

IPB Image

WWF Superstars

Play-by-Play: Jim Ross

Color Commentary: Jerry “The King” Lawler

Air Date: 1/28/96

WWF Superstars opens with the usual video package and theme song. We get a shot at the live crowd and then we go to the announce table near the entrance ramp, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler welcome us to Laramie, Wyoming, and we’re ready for action.

Jim Ross: Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is WWF Superstars! We’re live from Laramie, Wyoming in the Arena-Auditorium. I’m Jim Ross, alongside The King, and King, tonight we have a great main event.

Jerry Lawler: That’s right, Ross, tonight Goldust, the Intercontinental Champion takes on that new guy, what was his name?

Jim Ross: Ron Simmons.

Jerry Lawler: Oh yeah, well tonight, the bizarre one will beat that walking joke.

Jim Ross: Well, it could happen, but for now, Salvatore Sincere takes on Marty Jannetty.

Marty Jannetty vs. Salvatore Sincere

This turns out to be an okay match between these two openers, but their styles kind of mismatch, and besides, people aren’t really paying much attention to this. Lack of psychology and technical abilities here. Salvatore tries to start the action by driving some right hands to the face of Marty and sending him to the turnbuckle, but Jannetty’s slightly better wrestling skills allows him to remain dominant for the most part of the match, although Salvatore is able to counter some basic moves. By the finals moments of the bout, Salvatore grabs Marty and attempts to deliver a Sidewalk Slam, but Marty escapes from the maneuver, kicks Salvatore in the gut and executes the Rocker Dropper, then covers him and Marty “Yes, I used to be a Rocker” Jannetty wins the match

After the contest, Marty barely can celebrate his victory after he’s being told by the production crew to leave the ring as quickly as possible due to time constraints.

WINNER: Marty Jannetty by pinfall

OR: 63 CR: 56 MQ: 70

Jerry Lawler: Oh no! He beat Salvatore!

Jim Ross: Yes he did, great victory for Marty Jannetty.

Jerry Lawler: You see, that’s why I think this is the B-Show, I mean, Marty Jannetty scoring a victory? Come on! You got to be kidding me!

Jim Ross: Well, whatever you say…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jim Ross: We’re back here on Superstars, and now, standing by, in the backstage area is Michael Cole with Hunter Hearst Helmsley

(Backstage)

Interview with Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Michael Cole: That’s right, Jim Ross, I’m here with the Connecticut Blueblood, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Now Hunter, last week at the Royal Rumble, you managed to defeat Jake “The Snake” Roberts after you viciously hit him with some Brass Knuckles. Now, after this incident happened, Jake Roberts was left unconscious in the middle of the ring, and required medical attention, therefore, he wasn’t at RAW last Monday night. My question is, Hunter, are you really proud of defeating Jake Roberts in that manner?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley: Wait a second; let me ask you a question first. Who are you?

Michael Cole: Well I’m Michael Cole, I’m a backstage interviewer, and…

Hunter Hearst Helmsley: Good, actually I don’t care who you are. You see, the only thing Hunter Hearst Helmsley cares is about himself, because in this business, Michael, the only things that matter are…

Michael Cole: Competition, sportsmanship, desire?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley: No you idiot. It’s all about class, dignity, and victory. Now, I was born with class and dignity, but I proved, at the Royal Rumble, when I pinned Jake Roberts 1…2…3, that no matter what the circumstances are, I always stand victorious. Jake Roberts is considered by many people to be a living legend, and that’s exactly what he is, a legend, a has-been, Michael Cole, Jake Roberts is now nothing else than an old fashioned drunk with no dignity and no respect and care for himself, or for the future of professional wrestling, me, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. And Snake, at this moment you’re probably whining at your 50 cents an hour motel drinking a bottle of vodka with no food, no money, and most importantly, no life. Well Jake, it’s your life, not mine!

Michael Cole: Well, Hunter, let me ask you…

Hunter Hearst Helmsley: Michael, why do you think I should even bother to answer your questions? I have more important things to do than being standing next to a pencil neck geek like you.

(Helmsley leaves the backstage area)

Michael Cole: Well, uh, alright, that was Hunter Hearst Helmsley ladies and gentlemen. Now stay tuned, up next, Team MAD takes on Kama and Tatanka.

OR: 83

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jim Ross: We’re back here on WWF Superstars. And as you see, making their way to the ring right now, representing the Million Dollar Corporation, Kama and Tatanka.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah, and Ted DiBiasse is with them!

Kama and Tatanka w/Ted DiBiasse vs. Team MAD

A solid tag team match up here, not because of the wrestling skills of the four men, but because the similarities in styles between Tatanka/Kama and Mero/Snow. Tatanka and Kama work quite well as a tag team. The match itself starts with Tatanka and Al Snow going at it, with Tatanka dominating early in the contest. After being manhandled for a while, Snow fights back and begins to get the upper hand, countering Tatanka’s brawling style with his technical abilities. However, Snow apparently starts to hear voices and gets distracted, then Kama gets the tag, and manages to outwrestle Snow with a slow and methodical style. Kama continues to beat up Al until Snow hits a Drop Kick on Kama and then goes crawling to Mero to make the tag. Mero keeps Kama down on the mat, and goes to the top rope, but Tatanka pushes him off, and Mero falls right to the mat. Good ol’ Al comes to the rescue and pulls Tatanka out of the ring, but Kama gets once again on his feet, and tries to execute a Death Valley Driver on Mero, but Mero escapes and performs a Hurracarrana! Mero then goes to the top rope, and hits a Shooting Star Press! Mero covers Kama 1…2…3!

Marc and Al celebrate in the ring as Kama, Tatanka and DiBiasse leave the ring in disbelief.

WINNERS: Team MAD by pinfall (Mero pinned Kama)

OR: 81 CR: 70 MQ: 93

Jim Ross: Team MAD scores another victory!

Jerry Lawler: Tell me, Ross. How can these two nutcases get so over with the fans in so little time!

Jim Ross: It’s all about the charisma, King.

Jerry Lawler: Hey, I have tons of charisma!

Jim Ross: Alright folks, lets take you to a video package showcasing this bitter rivalry between Diesel and The Undertaker.

The Phenom vs. Big Daddy Cool: What it’s going to happen next?!

A video is played, showing some of the key moments that unleashed this huge feud between The Undertaker and Diesel. From their first confrontation in late 95’ to Diesel interfering in The Undertaker’s match against Bret Hart.

OR: 86

Jim Ross: I tell you King, this is no longer a rivalry between these two, this is starting to turn into a war!

Jerry Lawler: Yeah, and nobody knows what’s going to happen next! Could be The Undertaker popping out of nowhere to beat up Diesel, or interfering in a match, or anything. This is a war to settle the score, and we’ll probably never know when it’s going to end.

Jim Ross: Alright, standing by is Dok Hendrix who is with “Double J” Jeff Jarrett.

Jerry Lawler: Hey that’s great! I love Double J!

(Backstage)

Interview with Double J

Dok Hendrix: That’s right JR, I’m standing next to, the man who was defeated by Ahmed Johnson at the Royal Rumble…

Jeff Jarrett: Hey, hey, hey! What do you mean with “the man who was defeated by Ahmed Johnson”? You moron. Now, Ahmed Johnson, you think you’re the top dog in the yard, the bad boy in the playground, well let me tell you, the only true diamond in this business, and in the country music business, is Jeff Jarrett, that's J-E-Double F, J-A-Double R-E-Double T. That's Double J, Jeff Jarrett.

Dok Hendrix: Well, Double J, Ahmed Johnson is a powerhouse athlete, and he also has the overwhelming support of the WWF fans. And after all, he defeated you…

Jeff Jarrett: Do you think I care about the WWF fans? Ha, ha, ha. Ahmed Johnson, I’m going to prove everybody in the WWF, that your victory against me was just luck, this is not over yet.

Double J leaves the backstage area.

Dok Hendrix: That was Jeff Jarrett, and now let’s go back to ringside.

OR: 85

(Ringside)

Jim Ross: Alright, folks, we have to go to a commercial break, but stay with us, coming up next is the Main Event, Goldust takes on Ron Simmons.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jim Ross: We’re back to the Arena-Auditorium here on Superstars, and now, it’s time for our Main Event, Ron Simmons against Goldust.

Non-Title Match

Ron Simmons vs. Goldust w/Marlena

Simmons makes his way to the ring first, using a remixed version of the main theme from Rocky, he gets a good face reaction, but a lot of people don’t really care about him. Then, Goldust comes down the aisle, accompanied by Marlena and carrying the IC belt. None of these men is remarkably known because of their wrestling skills, but they are able to perform an okay brawl. Goldust starts to play mind games with Simmons, doing his weird antics and throwing kisses, this confuses Simmons and gets distracted, then Goldust capitalizes and quickly goes after Simmons. Goldust attempts to keep Simmons on his knees with a couple of forearms to the back, but the big man sits up and strikes back. Simmons continues to dominate Goldust in the match, but at one point in the bout, Marlena distracts the referee and Goldust gives Simmons a low blow, followed by the Curtain Call, Goldust covers Simmons but the referee is still distracted with Marlena. Razor Ramon comes to the ring, with a chair in hand, and tries to hit Goldust with it, but misses the shot and the chair goes right to the head of Simmons. Razor is standing in disbelief! Goldust covers Simmons, the referee turns around, and Goldust gets the victory!

Goldust quickly leaves the ring, while Razor tries to help Simmons, but the damage is done.

WINNER: Goldust by pinfall

OR: 79 CR: 80 MQ: 77

Jerry Lawler: Ha, ha! Razor Ramon, what an idiot! Ha, ha!

Jim Ross: Come on, King, this is serious. Ron Simmons may be hurt, and hurt badly.

The referees and Razor help Ron Simmons and take him to the back. The crowd looks to be pretty concerned about Simmons situation.

Jim Ross: Well, ladies and gentlemen, I’ve just been informed that Owen Hart will be at ringside tonight, giving us an interview.

Jerry Lawler: Hey! Look, there he is!

Owen Hart’s music hits the arena, and the Tag Team Champion comes down to the squared circle to cut an interview. Jim Ross leaves the announce table to conduct the interview.

Interview with Owen Hart

Owen stands next to JR, and JR grabs a mic ready to interview “The King of Harts”

Jim Ross: Alright, Owen Hart, welcome to WWF Superstars here, at the Arena-Auditorium! Owen, last Monday night on RAW, you interrupted Shawn Michaels and you challenged him to a match at In Your House, Shawn Michaels accepted your challenge, but that wasn’t enough for you, as you locked him in the Sharpshooter, while your manager Jim Cornette hit him with his racket. And Owen, let me tell you, you look quite proud of your actions, don’t you?

Owen Hart: What kind of a stupid question is that, Ross? Of course I’m proud of it, of course I’m proud of beating Shawn Michaels and laying him down with my Sharpshooter. See, I’m tired of having that punk stealing my spotlight. I knocked him out! I left him out cold with my Enzuigiri! But now everybody is cheering and applauding him! I’m sick and tired of having Shawn Michaels shaking his a$% and being cheered for it! While I bust mine, and nobody cares about it!

Jim Ross: But Owen, you already got your match with Michaels at In Your House, what else do you want?

Owen Hart: Ross, the only thing I want to do now is to end Shawn Michaels career, not just to defeat him, but to end his career!. Shawn Michaels, I’ve wanted to do this a long time ago, I’ll knock you out once again, and you’ll never become WWF Champion! I’ll get revenge for everything you’ve done to me! At In Your House 6, I’m going to be the one who knocks your teeth down your throat!

Jim Ross: Alright, folks. That was Owen Hart giving some comments about Shawn Michaels.

Owen leaves the ring as Superstars fades to black.

OVERALL SHOW RATING: 81

Quick Results:

- Marty Jannetty def. Salvatore Sincere

- Team MAD def. Kama and Tatanka

- Goldust def. Ron Simmons

Comments:

Tatanka - I think hooking me and Kama up in a regular tag team would work. We could get ourselves over, and use that to launch our singles careers.

Bret Hart - I'd like to request a match or two with Owen Hart. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together.

Sophie - WCW Worldwide are trying to compete with us, but are being destroyed in the ratings.

EDIT: BTW I'll have to slow the pace of the updates a little bit, as I'm going back to school tomorrow, but still, I hope I'll have enough time to do this diary.

Edited by UltraBill

Guest thetinman

EDIT: BTW I'll have to slow the pace of the updates a little bit, as I'm going back to school tomorrow, but still, I hope I'll have enough time to do this diary.

THE WRESTLING NEWSLETTER

Monday, 29 January 1996

WWF and WCW ratings

WWF got a 5.01 rating for 'WWF Superstars'!

The attendance level was 6029 people.

They made $241160 from ticket sales.

WCW got a 2.13 television rating for 'WCW Worldwide'!

The event was attended by 6518 people.

They made $260720 from ticket sales.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, after a huge hiatus, I've decided to continue with this diary...

IPB Image

WWF Monday Night RAW

Play-by-Play: Vince McMahon

Color Commentary: Dok Hendrix

Air Date: 1/29/96

“It’s live, uncensored, uncooked and uncut! It’s Monday Night RAW!”

Monday Night RAW opens with the regular video package. We get a shot at the jam-packed crowd ready for action. Vince McMahon and Dok Hendrix are in the announce position ready to call this edition of RAW!

Vince McMahon: Welcome everyone to Monday Night RAW! We’re live! Coming to you from the Bob Devaney Center in beautiful Lincoln, Nebraska! I’m Vince McMahon alongside Dok Hendrix, and Dok, tonight we have a huge Main Event!

Dok Hendrix: You are not kidding Vinnie Mac. Tonight, in a warm-up match prior to his WWF Championship match, Big Daddy Cool Diesel will be taking on Owen Hart in singles action!

Vince McMahon: That’s right, and we’ve heard rumors about The Undertaker being at the arena tonight! What’s going to happen here tonight on Monday Night RAW!

Dok Hendrix: I don’t know, but I’m sure someone it’s going to make an impact here tonight!

Vince McMahon: And here comes a man who has made a huge impact here at the World Wrestling Federation, he’s Steve Austin and he’s making his way to the ring!

Steve Austin vs. Aldo Montoya

Austin makes his way to the ring, with a mixed response as it seems some people don’t know him very well yet. Montoya is already standing in the ring. Austin looks confident, and stares down Montoya for a bit, but quickly starts hammering away, leaving Montoya unable to provide both offense and defense. Austin whips Montoya to the turnbuckle, and nails him with some vicious stomps in the mid-section. Vince McMahon repeatedly remarks Austin’s cold hearted persona. Montoya gets knocked down on the mat after a tremendous Piledriver by Austin, then Austin grabs Montoya from the head and hits The Stunner! Goes for the cover, 1…2…3. This *squash* is over.

Austin goes to the top turnbuckle and raises his arms in victory, then he grabs a mic…

WINNER: Steve Austin by pinfall.

OR: 61 CR: 61 MQ: 76

I’m Stone Cold, and I don’t give a damn about it!

Austin stands in the middle of the ring, gives a cold look to the crowd, and he’s ready to speak.

Steve Austin: So you people call this yellow masked little piece of trash a professional wrestler? Or you like to call him a “Sports Entertainer”? You got to be kidding me for God’s sake! I mean, look at him people; he’s just another piece of crap in this big pile of crap known as the WWF, and I’ve just whipped his a$%! He’s completely pathetic, and you all know that! So if you like to cheer this guy, then you’re pathetic as well, and hell, you can all kiss my a$%! So before you start chanting “Austin sucks” and throwing stuff to the ring, let me tell you, as far as I’m concerned, I don’t give a damn about all of these so called “WWF Superstars”, there are all on my list, Steve Austin’s list! People say I’m cold hearted, people say I’m ruthless, well you’re damn right I’m ruthless and cold-hearted, as a matter of fact, you can call me “Chilly McFreeze” if you like it, or you can call me “Stone Cold”, actually I don’t give a damn about it, the only thing that matters right now is that Steve Austin’s time has come, and you’ll soon be looking at the next WWF Champion right here.

Steve Austin leaves the ring with the crowd quietly staring at him as he walks up the ramp and goes through the curtains.

OR: 80

Dok Hendrix: Vinnie Mac, let me tell you, I really want to see how this guy will continue developing here. His attitude fits just perfect into the New WWF Generation.

Vince McMahon: Actually I’m not quite sure about that, Dok. He’s a great athlete, but I believe his rebellious attitude and his big mouth may cause some jeopardy here at the WWF.

Dok Hendrix: Believe what you want to believe Vince; this guy is reaching the top of this business very soon.

Comments from Razor Ramon

Razor Ramon’s music hits the arena, and the crowd erupts in cheers, as “The Bad Guy” comes down the entrance ramp with street clothes and a mic in hand.

Dok Hendrix: Hey, what is he doing here?

Vince McMahon: Well, I don’t know, but it seems he has something to say, let’s hear it from “The Bad Guy”!

Razor Ramon: Chicos, “The Bad Guy” is here tonight, live, uncensored, and uncooked. Now Goldust, chico, last week on RAW, I showed you why you don’t want to mess up with Razor Ramon. And yesterday on Superstars, I wanted to do the same thing again, but unfortunately, Ron Simmons was the one who paid the price, and he’s now in a hospital for it. But Goldust, let me tell you, this has gone far away, you see, I’ve been too nice, I’ve been too Mr. Nice guy, but truth is, I’m angry, I’m furious, and I just want to kick you in the dirt, I don’t care about your title, just bring your butt right here so I can kick it.

Razor waits for a minute, until Marlena shows up at the big “RAW” screen, holding Goldust’s Intercontinental Championship belt.

Marlena: I know you want gold, Razor, you can stare at me all you can, watch my gold, go ahead, watch my gold.

Razor gets distracted staring at the seductress Marlena, Goldust takes advantage of this and comes from the audience and hits Razor with the Curtain Call.

Goldust: I told you Razor, I told you bad boy, you’ll never forget my name, you’ll never forget the name of (sniff) Goldust! What kind of gold do you want? Pick your gold, Razor.

Goldust leaves the ring with Marlena.

Vince McMahon: Dok, this individual gets more bizarre every day.

Dok Hendrix: There’s no doubt about that. He says he feels attracted to Razor, but he attacks him from behind? I don’t understand anything.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Yokozuna w/Cornette and Fuji vs. Bart Gunn w/Billy

Bart comes to the squared circle first, accompanied by his brother Billy of course, followed by Yokozuna, who is accompanied by both Jim Cornette and Mr. Fuji. You can actually see the fear in the eyes of Bart, who looks pretty much like a snot standing next to Yoko. The two stare down for a while, Bart tries to take Yoko down with some right jabs to the mid-section, but Yoko quickly pushes him off and gets rid of him, and then he whips Bart to the turnbuckle and knocks him out after a huge Splash. Yokozuna tries to end this quick, and climbs to the middle rope to hit the Banzai Drop, but surprisingly Bart rolls out of the way in the last second! Yoko gets knocked on his ass, and the crowd cheers for Bart. Bart gets up with help from the ropes and the support of the audience, he tries to recapitalize, and starts working the lower part of Yoko with short uppercuts and jabs, Bart now comes running from the ropes, and hits Yoko with a Flying Forearm, but Yoko is still on his feet, Bart tries to hit another one, but Yoko grabs him and performs a gigantic Scoop Slam. Yoko takes Bart next to the turnbuckle, he climbs to the middle rope and this time he hits the Banzai Drop. Pinfall! 1, 2, 3. It’s over.

WINNER: Yokozuna by pinfall

OR: 61 MQ: 61 CR: 61

Vince McMahon: Yokozuna gets the victory, but you have to give Bart Gunn some credit, this kid has a lot of heart.

Dok Hendrix: That’s right, but you need a little more than heart to defeat someone like Yokozuna.

Vince McMahon: And speaking about “heart”, the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Bret “Hitman” Hart, gave Todd Pettengill an exclusive interview earlier today, let’s take a look at it.

Pre-Taped interview with Bret Hart

The footage shows Bret Hart standing at the Interview Area, next to Todd Pettengill.

Todd Pettengill: Alright WWF fans, I’m here next to the WWF Champion, Bret “Hitman” Hart, who is set to defend his title against Big Daddy Cool Diesel at In Your House #6. Bret, what are your thoughts about facing Diesel one on one on February 18th?

Bret Hart: You know, Diesel says he has a new attitude, he says he’s now all by himself and thanks to his new attitude now he finally got his rematch for the WWF Title. See, I don’t care if Diesel is the bad guy or the good guy, I’ve proven in the past that I can defeat him, and I think his obsession of winning the Title will eventually cost him the match.

Todd Pettengill: Bret, Diesel is 7 feet tall, 320 pounds, you’ve got to admit, for the second PPV in a row, you’re the underdog in this picture.

Bret Hart: I was the underdog against The Undertaker at the Royal Rumble, and yes, I got some assistance, but still, I beat him and I retained my belt, and the outcome of that match would have been the same with or without interference from Diesel. The fact of the matter is, at In Your House #6, I’m going to beat Big Daddy Cool, it will be a tough as nails challenge, but still, no one can beat The Excellence of Execution…

Bret leaves the backstage area.

Todd Pettengill: Alright, that was Bret Hart, the WWF Champion, and now, let’s go back for more Monday Night RAW.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Vince McMahon: Well, anything can happen at the WWF. And anything may happen tonight, when Diesel takes on Owen Hart, but for now, Tatanka faces Ahmed Johnson in singles action!

Ahmed Johnson vs. Tatanka w/Ted DiBiasse

Ahmed Johnson makes his way to the ring and gets a great babyface reaction from the capacity crowd. The bout begins with a collar elbow tie-up, and the two powerhouses struggle to take each other down, but in the end, Ahmed is able to push out Tatanka with his strength, and gains the advantage first. Johnson starts stomping away, but Tatanka counters his momentum, by driving some right hands to the mid-section. However, eventually, Ahmed manages to hit some Forearms to the back of Tatanka and regains the dominance in the contest. The match continues to develop into a big brawl between these two big guys, but no one really gets a defining advantage. At one point of the bout, Tatanka gets the upper hand after raking Johnson’s eyes, and takes him up for the End of the Trail, but Ahmed escapes from the move and throws Tatanka to the ropes, and accidentally hits the ref. Tatanka takes Ahmed down with a Backbreaker, and goes to the top rope. Ahmed sits up, and Tatanka jumps from the top rope to hit the Tomahawk Chop, but Johnson receives him with a kick to the gut, and the Pearl River Plunge! Ahmed goes for the pin, but the ref is still out. Jeff Jarrett comes down the aisle with a guitar in hand; he enters the ring and nails Johnson with the guitar! Unbelievable! Tatanka covers Ahmed, and DiBiasse tries to wake up the ref. The official slowly recovers, and counts! 1, 2, 3! Tatanka gets the victory!

Tatanka raises his arms in victory; Jarrett is still in the ring…

WINNER: Tatanka by pinfall.

OR: 71 MQ: 74 OR: 85

Vince McMahon: Oh my goodness! Look what Double J has done! Ahmed Johnson is hurt, and hurt badly!

Dok Hendrix: Wow! That was nice!

Vince McMahon: Nice? Come on, Dok! These people are human beings!

Million Dollar Jarrett

Ted DiBiasse enters the ring, Ahmed Johnson is out cold in the middle of the ring, and Tatanka is behind Jarrett. DiBiasse walks in front of Double J, and stares him down for a while.

Ted DiBiasse: Well! Let me tell you, you did a pretty good job here, Double J! I tell you, you should be proud of what you’ve done, you’re a magnificent athlete!

Double J: Hey, I just do what is necessary to keep this punk Ahmed Johnson down. After all, I’m Double J, the world’s greatest entertainer, the world’s greatest wrestler, and the world greatest singer.

Ted DiBiasse: Jeff, how about becoming the world’s greatest businessman, huh?

Double J: Eh… What do you mean by that, Ted?

Ted DiBiasse: I mean I have a great offer for you, Double J.

Kama makes his way to the ring, carrying a golden briefcase, with “$” signs on it. Kama gives the briefcase to Ted. Ted grabs it and opens it, it contains a huge amount of green bills, Jarrett looks shocked.

Ted DiBiasse: Ha, ha, ha, ha! This and much more will be yours if you join the V.I.P. club of the WWF, the Million Dollar Corporation. It’s a once in a lifetime offer, Double J. What do you say, Jeff? What do you say about making a deal with the Million Dollar Man?

Jarrett looks at the money for a while, and then he looks at DiBiasse.

Double J: Hey, what can I say! It’s a deal!

Jarrett shakes hands with DiBiasse, and the Corporation leaves in the middle of the overwhelming boos from the crowd.

OR: 78

Dok Hendrix: Double J in the Million Dollar Corporation! I never saw that coming! But, hey, that’s kind of brilliant!

Vince McMahon: And now Jeff Jarrett’s ego will get even bigger, there’s no doubt about that. Alright, ladies and gentlemen, after this commercial break, Diesel takes on Owen Hart in this week’s Main Event! Stay tuned!

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Diesel vs. Owen Hart

Owen comes all alone and ready for business, and gets booed by the crowd, while Diesel makes his way to the ring getting a mixed response as usual. Diesel throws his heavy leather vest to the floor and raises his hand in the middle of the ring accompanied by some fireworks, but Owen smartly attacks Diesel from behind, with some quick kicks and tackles to the legs and knees, and he finally manages to put Diesel down. Surprisingly enough, it looks that the size difference isn’t much of a challenge for Owen. Owen stomps away, and hits a running Double Axe Handle on Diesel, who is down on the mat. Owen gets cocky and taunts the audience, but Diesel recovers and takes advantage of this and hits him from behind with a clothesline, throwing him over the top rope. Diesel gets out of the ring and starts hammering away on Owen in the outside, and then he punishes him on the barricade, but soon the two are back inside the squared circle. Diesel keeps grounding Owen, as it seems now the size difference advantage is becoming obvious. Diesel continues to dominate over Owen, but at one point, Diesel comes from the ropes to hit a Knee Smash, and Owen counters it into a Drop Toe Hold and tries to lock him in the Sharpshooter, however he’s unable to do it because of Diesel’s big legs. Owen then goes to the top rope, Diesel sits up and Owen delivers a Flying Dropkick right to the kisser. Owen covers, but only gets a two count; he argues with the referee, gets pissed off and leaves the ring. Owen walks up the entrance ramp, but Shawn Michaels appears from the curtains and grabs Owen by the hair, and pulls him into the ring, where Diesel is waiting for him. Diesel kicks Owen in the belly and executes the Jacknife Powerbomb. Diesel goes for the cover, hooks up the leg, and gets the victory!

Diesel celebrates in the ring, and Shawn Michaels gives him a thumbs up and leaves the arena…

WINNER: Diesel by pinfall.

OR: 79 MQ: 81 CR: 93

Darkness rules in Diesel's world

Diesel is still in the ring, celebrating his victory, but then suddenly, the lights go out. A bell gongs, and when the lights return, The Undertaker is standing at one corner, Diesel is in shock after he turns around and finds him. He stares him down for a long time, and The Undertaker slowly starts to raise his arms up, and when he finally has them up, the lights go out again. The lights return after fifteen seconds, and both Diesel and Taker are gone…

OR: 89

OVERALL SHOW RATING: 77

Quick Results:

- Steve Austin def. Aldo Montoya

- Yokozuna def. Bart Gunn

- Tatanka def. Ahmed Johnson

- Diesel def. Owen Hart

Comments:

Steve Austin - Aldo Montoya and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Fatu? I think our styles would really work well together.

Aldo Montoya - I think I should be higher up the card.

THE WRESTLING NEWSLETTER

February, 1st 1996

WWF and WCW Ratings

WWF got a 5.42 rating for 'WWF Monday Night Raw'!

The attendance level was 6044 people.

They made $241760 from ticket sales.

WCW got a 5.83 television rating for 'WCW Monday Nitro'!

The event was attended by 6001 people.

They made $240040 from ticket sales.

THE WRESTLING NEWSLETTER

Sunday, 4 February 1996

WCW and ECW Ratings

WCW got a 3.72 television rating for 'WCW Saturday Night'!

The event was attended by 6043 people.

They made $241720 from ticket sales.

ECW got a 0.30 television rating for 'ECW Hardcore TV'!

The event was attended by 411 people.

They made $8220 from ticket sales.

• 2 weeks later...

IPB Image

WWF Superstars

Play-by-Play: Michael Cole

Air Date: 2/4/96

WWF Superstars opens with the usual video package and theme music, we get an upside shot from the Firstar Center and the capacity crowd, then we move to the announce position, where Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler are ready to call the action.

Michael Cole: Hello everyone, welcome to another edition of WWF Superstars, I’m Michael Cole, replacing Jim Ross who will be announcing RAW from now on, alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler! And King, we have a great Superstars for tonight, don’t we?

Jerry Lawler: Just when I thought no one could be any more annoying than Todd Pettengill, you come here to replace JR on Superstars, geez this it’s going to be a long night.

Michael Cole: Well, I’m glad you like the idea of having me as your announce partner.

Jerry Lawler: Oh shut up Coca-Cole! Ha, ha, ha! Coca-Cole! Ain’t that funny!?

Michael Cole: I’m not going to say anything about that, King…

Jerry Lawler: Hey, that was funny and you know it!

Michael Cole: Sure King. Alright people, take a look at Salvatore Sincere, who is standing in the ring at the moment, he’s set to face Jake Roberts tonight, in singles action.

Jake Roberts vs. Salvatore Sincere

Jake gets a big face pop from the moment he comes out of the curtains. Actually, this is just an average match with not much to talk about; Jake and Salvatore start off the bout with a slow, yet not so methodical style, which in some way bores the crowd. The younger one, Salvatore, eventually finds his way out of a precarious position and begins to hammer away on Jake, but the experienced Roberts is able to stop his momentum with a quick Knee Smash and a weird looking Russian Leg Sweep. Jake remains as the dominant force in the bout, giving Salvatore no chance to deliver some offense, however, in the closing moments of the bout, Salvatore counters a DDT attempt from Jake, and drives him right to the turnbuckle. Salvatore grabs him from behind, probably attempting to hit a Full Nelson Slam, but this time Jake reverses it and hits the DDT! Roberts covers, and gets the victory!

Following the match, Hunter Hearst Helmsley’s music hits the PA system, and comes down the aisle with a very confident look on his face.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley: Well, well, look who’s back! If isn’t my friend Jake Roberts! You know Jake, I’ve been thinking over the past few weeks how I managed to beat you at the Royal Rumble, and looking back, I tell you, it was quite easy. I mean, come on, and old man like you had no chance against the revolutionary force of the WWF, the blueblood of wrestling, the future Hall of Famer, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Jake, after that beating you got I proved once again, you were the top dog when you were in your prime, but now you’re just a shell of your former self, so now you better just turn around and leave my ring before I kick your butt again.

The two look at each other in the middle of the ring, Jake turns around, but Hunter pulls him back and drives a vicious slap right to Jake’s face. Roberts can’t contain his anger, and throws a bunch of furious right hands on Hunter, one DDT later and Helmsley is left out cold on the mat.

WINNER: Jake Roberts by pinfall

OR: 66 CR: 62 MQ: 70

Michael Cole: And for the third time in a row, Hunter Hearst Helmsley is knocked out in the ring with that brutal DDT!

Jerry Lawler: Oh no, poor Hunter, this Jake Roberts is nothing more but a vile grumpy old man. Get him out of the ring!

Michael Cole: It’s true, Jake Robert is not a twenty year old anymore, but still, he’s an icon and a soon to be legend in the WWF and this business in general, he doesn’t deserve the disrespect he’s being getting from this young cocky blueblood known as Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Jerry Lawler: Shut up, you… sugar flavored drink.

Michael Cole: You know King, I still don’t get that Coca-Cole thing. Anyway, Goldust is scheduled to appear here tonight, and, wait a minute, here comes the Golden One!

Interview with Goldust

Cole and King continue hyping the long developed confrontation between Goldust and Razor Ramon until The Golden One and Marlena make their way to the ring, wearing flashy golden clothes and long robes. They get a mixed reaction from the audience as they make their way to the ring. The golden lights remain in a dark tone through the entire interview. Michael Cole enters the ring to conduct the segment.

Michael Cole: Ladies and gentlemen, here is, accompanied by Marlena, Goldust!

Goldust: It’s good to see you once again, Mikey…

Michael Cole: Well Goldust, in the past weeks you’ve made Razor Ramon’s life a living hell with all your mind games and attraction feelings, but last Monday night on RAW, you came from behind and attacked Razor Ramon when he was distracted by your so-called wife Marlena. If you feel so attracted to Razor Ramon, then why did you assault him?

Goldust: The answer for that question is pretty simple, Michael. Is easy to get confused when you face someone like the Golden One. Razor, he may be the “The Bad Guy” for you, but for me, he’s “The Naughty Guy”. But despite the feelings I have for him, he’s going to have to pick his gold, he can’t have the full package, he’ll have to choose if he wants to take on the creative, glamorous, sensuous, delightful golden artist known as Goldust… Or if he wants to take on the aggressive, tough as nails, bad blooded Intercontinental Champion also known as Goldust… I’d love if you want to hang out with me Razor, I’d love if you finally want to let me unleash my adoration on you , but if you want my “down there” gold, and I’m talking about my Intercontinental Championship belt, you’ll have to face the music, you’ll have to face your destiny, the man the call (Sniff) Goldust.

Michael Cole: Goldust you may be the Intercontinental Champion but you haven’t made any title defenses yet, what do you think it’s your status as Intercontinental Champion? Are you afraid of defending you title?

Goldust: Defending the title isn’t the key to become a great champion, winning it is. However, I, as an artist, would love to show my performance to all the world tomorrow night on RAW, so I’ll defend my title and I’ll prove to you and all the WWF who am I, the premiere film, the first-class ticket, I am (Sniff) Goldust.

Goldust and Marlena leave the ring, and so does Michael Cole as the lights go back to normal.

OR: 93

Goldust gained overness in this segment.

Michael Cole: Let me tell you this, King, Goldust looks quite concerned about Razor Ramon quest to become the Intercontinental Champion.

Jerry Lawler: There’s no doubt about that, Cole, clearly tonight we witnessed a more focused and determined Goldust.

Michael Cole: Ladies and gentlemen, we’re going to an ad break but when we return, The 1-2-3 Kid returns to the ring against Marc Mero, stay tuned!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Michael Cole: Alright we’re back on Superstars live on USA! I’m Michael Cole alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler, as you can see, Marc Mero, one half of the newest tag team sensation, Team MAD, is making his way to the ring.

Jerry Lawler: I tell you, this is going to be one heck of a comeback for The Kid.

Michael Cole: Remember, The Kid has been out of action since last month, first we didn’t know the reason of his absence, but then we realized he injured his leg at a live event in Wisconsin.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah, but still, The Kid and The Corporation are back and better than ever.

Marc Mero vs. The 1-2-3 Kid w/Ted DiBiasse

These two high-flyers prove once again in this match how the adrenaline and enthusiasm in a past-paced match can captivate the audience in such a big way. Of course, The Kid is making his return to the ring after a (kayfabe) injury, although the real reason of his absence was a suspension because of missing some photo shoots. The match itself starts with a lock up in the middle of the ring, followed by some quick ground moves from both wrestlers as the two struggle to get the upper hand. Mero gains an advantage after The Kid ducks a Spinning Heel Kick, and hits an Inverted Atomic Drop on the Corporation member; from here, the match continues to develop into a more technical-aerial style. Mero keeps grounding The Kid with some head and arm locks, however The Kid almost stops Marc’s momentum after inverting an Irish Whip, but gets nailed with some Flying Head Scissors before he can deliver some offense. Mero looks he’s finally going to finish this off, and drops down The Kid with a Scoop Slam, and climbs up the turnbuckle, probably going for a Splash or something, but The Kid quickly sits up, pushes the ropes, Mero falls on the ropes and hits his groin. The Kid quickly rolls-up Marc, and with some rope leverage, gets the victory.

The Kid and Ted DiBiasse remain in the ring celebrating for a while before leaving ringside.

WINNER: The 1-2-3 Kid by pinfall.

OR: 82 CR: 72 MQ: 91

Michael Cole: So The 1-2-3 Kid steals the victory in his return to the WWF. I tell you, this Ted DiBiasse likes to corrupt good people.

Jerry Lawler: Well I tell you, I have a feeling this is going to be the Corporation’s night, first The Kid defeats Marc Mero, and later tonight, Jeff Jarrett will beat Sycho Sid in the Main Event. Ha, ha, ha!

In Your House!

Michael Cole: And speaking about that, we’re getting near to our Main Event, but first, let’s take a look at the WWF Championship match scheduled for In Your House #6 on February 18th, Bret Hart, the current champion, will be facing the former champion, Big Daddy Cool Diesel, in a match for the ages. Diesel, who has adopted a new attitude recently, will try to regain his gold at Louisville Kentucky. What’s going to happen, King?

Jerry Lawler: Well I don’t know, but let me tell you this, I want to see how Owen Hart kicks Shawn Michaels’ butt at In Your House, that punk will never be going to Wrestlemania, “The King of Harts” will end his career!

Michael Cole: Let’s see this special video package, hyping this huge event that will take place on February 18th, In Your House #6! And you can watch it only on PPV!

Effectively, a short video is played, promoting the two announced matches for In Your House #6. It shows some clips of the past encounters between Diesel and Bret Hart, and takes a special look at the heated confrontation between Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart.

IPB Image

OR: 81

Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Michael Cole: We’re back folks, live from the Firstar Center in Cincinnati, Ohio! This is WWF Superstars, and we have a huge Main Event coming up right now!

Jerry Lawler: Yeah, that’s right! Jeff Jarrett will beat that wacko known as Sid! You know Cole, Sid used to be cool, but know that he has the support of all this morons he’s becoming every day more… uh, let’s say… “Insipid”.

Michael Cole: What do you mean by “Insipid”, King?

Jerry Lawler: Actually, I don’t know…

Sycho Sid vs. Jeff Jarrett w/Ted DiBiasse

Jeff Jarrett makes his way to the ring with Ted DiBiasse’s theme song, he has also changed his appearance a little bit, he’s no longer wearing lighting glasses and white leather jackets, instead, he’s using a long black vest with shining silver “$” signs on it. He also has a short ponytail and a thin goatee, plus, The Fink announces him as simply “Jeff Jarrett”, but still, the arrogant and cocky attitude remains with him. Sid comes down to ringside with a great face pop from the crowd. Anyway, despite these two guys are pretty over with the crowd, their stills kind of mismatch, and sadly, Jarrett isn’t at the level yet to get a good match out of someone like Sid. Sid quickly gets the upper hand first, using his size advantage and some stiff moves to keep Jarrett down to the canvas. Jarrett finally fights back Sid’s momentum with an Eye Rake and a Jawbreaker. Jarrett keeps nailing Sid in the middle and lower section for a moment, but soon Sid once again regains dominance, and remains as the top dog of the match for the rest of it, although Jarrett manages to perform a few moves. In the closing moments of the bout, Sid whips Jarrett to the turnbuckle, then hits him in the gut and delivers his trademark Powerbomb, but suddenly, Vader comes down the entrance ramp and distracts the referee inside the ring, while from behind, the British Bulldog appears and takes Sid down with his Running Powerslam! Jarrett goes crawling where Sid is and puts his arm on him. The referee turns around and counts, 1…2…3!

Afterwards, Jarrett raises his arms in victory, but soon he leaves the ring after Sid sits up. An outrageous Sid clotheslines Vader out of the ring, while Bulldog is already out of it. Bulldog grabs a mic and it seems he has a challenge planed for Sid.

WINNER: Jeff Jarrett by pinfall

OR: 81 CR: 74 MQ: 74

Jeff Jarrett debuted his new gimmick (Arrogant). It got a positive response.

A challenge for Sid!

British Bulldog: Sycho Sid, I’m sick and tired of watching you whine and complain because I eliminated you from the Royal Rumble match! And I’m also sick and tired of seeing you gain all this fans while I, the toughest pure legitimate athlete in the world, barely get any response when I walk out of that curtains! I have a little challenge for you, Sycho Sid; What if at In Your House #6, Big Van Vader and I take on you and a partner of your choice in a Tag Team Match! You choose your partner, I don’t care who is it, I don’t care where is he from, just bring him to Monday Night RAW tomorrow night!

Sid waits for a moment and then grabs another microphone.

Sycho Sid: Bulldog, after analyzing this complex situation, I’ve made my decision. I ACCEPT! I ACCEPT BULLDOG, AND AT IN YOUR HOUSE, YOU AND VADER WILL FIND OUT WHY I’M THE MAN THEY CALL THE MASTER AND THE RULER OF THE WORLD!

Sid stares down both Bulldog and Vader as Superstars goes to its final commercial break.

OR: 73

Sid lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Michael Cole: We’re back here on WWF Superstars, and King, what an amazing challenge we’ve just witnessed!

Jerry Lawler: That’s right, and now you can’t say the British Bulldog is not an smart person, instead of challenging Sid one on one, he joined forces with fellow Camp Cornette member Vader and challenged him in a Tag Team match, brilliant!

Michael Cole: It was certainly a smart move from the British Bulldog, and speaking about Bulldog, he and Owen Hart are set to defend their Tag Team titles against The Smoking Gunns tomorrow night on RAW. Don’t miss RAW, this Monday Night on USA!

Jerry Lawler: That’s going to be one heck of a RAW, but for now, Owen Hart is set to speak out about Shawn Michaels, this is going to be great!

Comments from Owen Hart

Owen Hart’s theme song hits the PA system in the Firstar Center, and “The King of Harts” himself comes down to ringside. He gets in the ring and grabs a microphone.

Owen Hart: Only three words come to my mind when I think about Cincinnati, Ohio… “What a cesspool”.

The crowd doesn’t react well to this and boos the heck out of Owen.

Owen Hart: Now, seriously, last Monday night on RAW, that punk Shawn Michaels once again stuck his nose in my business and interfered in my match against his “good friend” Diesel. And of course, all you idiots were cheering for him. You were cheering the man who has brought dishonor and shame to professional wrestling; you were cheering a 31-year-old man who prefers to shake his a$% instead of actually caring for this sport, this business. Shawn Michaels does not have any respect for professional wrestling. I hate Shawn Michaels! I hate Shawn Michaels! Michaels, you don’t deserve to become WWF Champion. At In Your House #6, I’m going to bring back the honor of pro-wrestling and sports entertainment, by ending Shawn Michaels’ career, and you people are all going to see him get his a$%. You want that, Michaels? Wanna get your a$% kicked!? You will get your…

Suddenly, “Sexy Boy” hits the arena as the crowd gets on their feet waiting for Shawn Michaels to appear. Owen looks at the entrance ramp, but Michaels comes from the audience and drives a huge clothesline from behind. Owen fells on his knees to the mat and Shawn continues to drive right hands on Owen. They keep brawling until Michaels finally hits the Sweet Chin Music on Owen and leaves him out on the mat. Shawn then rolls out of the ring, claps some hands and leaves ringside.

OR: 91

Owen Hart gained overness from this segment.

Michael Cole: Owen Hart has to be terribly confused; Shawn Michaels is a man that respects this business more than anything.

Jerry Lawler: I f he respects Pro-Wrestling so much, why would he come to the ring and beat up Owen? Huh, explain me that, Pepsi.

Michael Cole: Pepsi?

Jerry Lawler: You know, like Coca-Cole.

Michael Cole: Oh, well. Ladies and gentlemen, this was WWF Superstars, I’m Michael Cole alongside Jerry Lawler, thank very much for being with us, see you next week!

Fade to black.

OVERALL SHOW RATING: 82

Quick Results:

- Jake Roberts def. Salvatore Sincere

- The 1-2-3 Kid def. Marc Mero

- Jeff Jarrett def. Sycho Sid

Comments:

Sophie - WCW Worldwide are trying to compete with us, but are being destroyed in the ratings.

Edited by UltraBill

THE WRESTLING NEWSLETTER

Monday, 05 February 1996

WWF and WCW Ratings

WWF got a 5.15 rating for 'WWF Superstars'!

The attendance level was 6030 people.

They made $241200 from ticket sales.

WCW got a 2.09 television rating for 'WCW Worldwide'!

The event was attended by 6002 people.

They made $240080 from ticket sales.

IPB Image

WWF Monday Night RAW

Color Commentary: Jim Ross

Air Date: 2/5/96

Monday Night RAW opens with the usual video package and theme music. This rough South Philly crowd is ready for action as Jim Ross and Vince McMahon welcome us to the CoreStates Spectrum!

Vince McMahon: Welcome everyone to Monday Night RAW! We’re live from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, this is the CoreStates Spectrum, I’m Vince McMahon alongside Jim Ross, and JR, tonight we have a huge Night of Champions.

Jim Ross: Absolutely, Vince, tonight, two Championships will be defended in that very ring, Goldust will defend his Intercontinental Title against Ahmed Johnson in the Main Event, and Bulldog and Owen were scheduled to defend their titles against the former champions, the Smoking Gunns, but now they’re going to have to get the job done against Team MAD.

Vince McMahon: And this crowd is ready for some exclusive WWF action, don’t accept cheap imitations, this is the worldwide leader in sports entertainment, the World Wrestling Federation!

Jim Ross: That’s right, and here comes the former Rocker, Marty Jannetty, who’s set to lock up against a man I prefer to call “Stone Cold”, I’m talking about Steve Austin, and what an impact has this man made in the past weeks.

Vince McMahon: Steve Austin is currently undefeated here in the WWF, he has beaten such rivals as Bob Holly and Aldo Montoya, but tonight, he must square off against a man who is a former Intercontinental Champion, JR, this could be his toughest challenge to date in the WWF.

Steve Austin vs. Marty Jannetty

Austin comes through the curtains receiving a nice heel response, in contrast to the past few weeks. As a matter of fact, this isn’t much of a great challenge for Steve Austin, although Jannetty is able to provide a little more offense on him than Montoya or Holly. Austin first teases Marty a little bit, and the former Rocker goes right after him but ends up being pushed out to the mat. Austin stomps away on Jannetty, but Marty eventually sits up and drives some stiff right hands on Austin. Austin blocks one of Marty’s punches and whips him to the ropes, however Marty hits him with a Flying Body Block. Jannetty goes for the cover, but Austin quickly kicks out. Jannetty goes to the top rope, and jumps with a Flying Dropkick, but Austin moves out of the way, and Marty falls face first on the mat. Austin capitalizes, and waits until Marty sits up to squash him with The Stunner. Austin goes for the cover, and gets the victory.

Following the match, Austin grabs Marty and delivers another Stunner, and then another one. Marty is left laid out cold in the middle of the ring and Austin leaves the ring.

WINNER: Steve Austin by pinfall.

OR: 71 CR: 67 MQ: 76

Vince McMahon: Well, Steve Austin remains undefeated after an amazing victory over long-time WWF superstar, Marty Jannetty.

Jim Ross: This man is certainly determined to reach the top of this business.

Vince McMahon: Alright ladies and gentlemen, standing by is Dok Hendrix along with Big Daddy Cool, Diesel.

Comments from Big Daddy Cool

(Backstage)

Dok Hendrix is standing next to Diesel in the interview position with a mic in hand.

Dok Hendrix: That’s right Vinnie Mac and JR, I’m here with the Nº1 contender for the WWF Championship, Big Daddy Cool, Diesel. Now Diesel, for the past weeks The Undertaker has being teasing and playing mind games with you. Last week after you won your match against Owen Hart, The Undertaker appeared in the middle on the ring, then the lights went out and when we were back, the two of you had disappeared. Now, my question is when do you think is this all going to end?

Diesel: You know Dok, it doesn’t matter what The Undertaker has done to me, or what I’ve done to him, you know, the damage is done, the bad blood is there already, but it’s time for this train wreck to stop. You see, tonight I’m challenging The Deadman to show up in that ring and confront me face to face. Let’s settle the score right now, Phenom! I don’t want you to stick your dead nose in my business when I’m facing Bret Hart for the WWF Title at In Your House, getting back what’s mine. So if you have the guts, if you think you’re the top dog, come to RAW tonight, ‘cause I’ll be waiting for you…

Diesel leaves the interview area.

Dok Hendrix: Alright guys, back to you at ringside!

OR: 96

Diesel gained overness from this segment.

Vince McMahon: Will The Undertaker show up tonight on RAW? Find out, later tonight! For now, we’re going to a commercial break, but when we return, the Tag Team Championships will be on the line, stay tuned!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jim Ross: Well ladies and gentlemen, we’re back here on Monday Night RAW, and it is time now for the WWF Tag Team Championship match.

Vince McMahon: And what a match-up this is going to be.

WWF Tag Team Championship

Bulldog and Owen © vs. Team MAD

And what a match-up this is! One of the best we’ve seen in a long time. No sights of Jim Cornette, however. At first, it seems Bulldog and Owen underestimate their opponents, but as the match progress, Team MAD prove they’re tough challengers for the champions. Snow and Owen begin the action, showcasing their great technical abilities and gaining the interest from the crowd. Owen dominates first, but then Snow earns momentum after escaping from Owen’s Enzuigiri. Eventually, both Mero and Bulldog get the tag, with Mero taking Bulldog to the mat first after some Flying Head Scissors, but then Bulldog uses his power advantage to outwrestle Mero and keeps him on the ground. Bulldog throws Mero over the top rope with a huge Press Slam to the outside, and Owen whips him into the barricade. Bulldog rolls inside the ring, but Snow throws him out of him to restart the 10-count. Mero reincorporates and gets inside the ring, and so does Bulldog. Al and Owen get the tag simultaneously, and Owen quickly starts to hammer away on Snow, but Snow somehow, someway manages to turn the tide and hits the Snow Plow! Snow goes for the cover, but Bulldog pulls the referee to the outside. Al gets distracted, meanwhile, Owen recovers and locks Snow in the Sharpshooter, Snow taps out but there’s no referee. Suddenly, Sycho Sid and Shawn Michaels come running to the ring. Shawn hits the Sweet Chin Music on Owen and Sid knocks Bulldog on the barricade. Al puts his arm on Owen, who is out after the Sweet Chin Music. Sid pulls the referee in, and slowly makes the count, 1…2…3! We have new tag team champions!

Mero and Snow celebrate with Michaels and Sid afterwards. Vader comes running down the ramp but all four men leave the ring.

WINNERS, and NEW WWF Tag Team Champions: Team MAD (Snow pinned Owen)

OR: 91 CR: 86 MQ: 96

Jim Ross: We have new Tag Team Champions! We have new Tag Team Champions! I don’t believe it!

Vince McMahon: This Cinderella story has come true, for Marc Mero and Al Snow! Look at them, they’re the champions!

Partner Unveiled!

Soon, Shawn Michaels and Team MAD leave the ring, and Owen Hart does the same thing afterwards, leaving Sid alone with Bulldog and Vader. Sid is standing at the entrance ramp, grabs a mic and is ready to talk.

Sycho Sid: Ladies and gentlemen! This is the moment, you’ve all been wating for! Now, I’m unveiling my mystery partner. You see, I’ve made a long research, I didn’t have much time, but still, I MANAGED TO GET THE MOST BRUTAL, MOST SADISTIC, CRAZIEST MAN IN THE BUSINESS!. And you, Philadelphians, you know this man, oh yeah, you know him very well. This man has wrestled on rings surrounded by barbed wire. This man is the second most psychotic individual you’ve ever met. And this man has some pendent business with you, Vader. Let me ask you something, big man, does the date “March 16, 1994” reminds you of something? Does the place “Munich, Germany” reminds you of something? HELL, DOES THE WORDS "EAR RIPPING" REMIND YOU OF SOMETHING!?

The crowd began to cheer as hell, as most of them already know who’s coming from that curtain.

Sycho Sid: People! This man is, in some kind of a way, South Philly’s very own, please welcome, Cactus Jack!

The CoreState Spectrum explodes in cheers, although the younger fans don’t know who Cactus Jack is, they still cheer to follow the rest. A new theme song hits the PA system, and Cactus Jack emerges from the curtains, getting a huge ovation. He claps some hands and goes where Sid is, Sid handles him the mic.

Jim Ross: Cactus Jack, Cactus Jack is here! Cactus Jack is here!

Vince McMahon: I can’t believe what I’m seeing!

Jim Ross: This place has gone wild!

Cactus Jack: People, Mrs. Foley’s baby boy it’s back in the saddle again! Bang, bang! Vader, I’ve waited a long time to get this opportunity, you see, the image of you hitting me so hard I could hear my skull break, the image of me rolling through the ropes, sitting up and watching my ear fell off, has never been forgotten! Big man, at In Your House, you, and you too, Davey Boy Smith will find out, why they say I’m hardcore, I’m hardcore! Bang, Bang!

Sid and Cactus walk back to backstage, while Vader and Bulldog are standing in disbelief.

Jim Ross: It’s official, ladies and gentlemen, Sycho Sid will team up with Cactus Jack to take on the British Bulldog and Vader at In Your House #6! What’s a match that’s going to be!

Vince McMahon: Indeed it’s going to be an awesome contest. Well, ladies and gentlemen, stay tuned, up next Bret “Hitman” Hart will be in action!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When we return from the commercial break, the lights at The Spectrum are all pink, and the WWF Champion, Bret “Hitman” Hart is making his way to the ring.

Vince McMahon: We’re back here on Monday Night RAW, Vince McMahon here alongside Jim Ross. Now, as you can see, the WWF Champion, Bret “Hitman” Hart is making his way to the squared circle, as he is set to face Mike Bucci in singles action.

Non-Title Match

Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. Mike Bucci

Mike Bucci is actually ECW’s Nova, who’s here, apparently, as simply a regular jobber in a regular squash match. The match starts with a lock-up, then Bret quickly grabs Bucci and executes a Vertical Suplex. Bret comes from the ropes and hits Bucci with a Fist Drop followed by a Headlock in the middle of the ring. Bucci tries to escape from the hold, but Bret converts it into a Russian Leg Sweep. Bucci then gets locked into the Sharpshooter, and shortly after taps out.

After the match, Bret Hart lifts his WWF Title belt and celebrates with the crowd before leaving the ring. Not too sure about the point of this match, though.

WINNER: Bret Hart by submission.

OR: 66 CR: 46 MQ: 83

Mike Bucci debuted his new gimmick (None).

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Vince McMahon: Another victory for Bret “Hitman” Hart. This man is surely one of the best athletes in the entire world and the current WWF Champion.

Jim Ross: He surely is. And now folks, it’s time for our Main Event. Ahmed Johnson takes on Goldust for the Intercontinental Championship.

Vince McMahon: We saw a title change hands earlier tonight, but can Ahmed Johnson get the job done against Goldust? We’ll find out right now.

WWF Intercontinental Championship

Goldust w/Marlena © vs Ahmed Johnson

The challenger makes his way to the ring first, getting a great face reception from the crowd, while Goldust comes accompanied by Marlena, who carries the IC belt. This isn’t a great example of technical wrestling, it’s more like a big brawl with a title on the line. Johnson is the dominant force for the first half of the match, with Goldust pulling out some moves a few times. Ahmed loses his momentum when Goldust rakes his eyes and hits an Implant DDT to turn the tie. Goldust continues to ground Johnson with some short Knee Smashes right in the gut and vicious kicks, showing a more aggressive side of his persona. Ultimately, Ahmed is able to get back his momentum after knocking Goldust with a Forearm Smash and Bodyslam. In the closing moments of the bout, Ahmed successfully delivers the Pearl River Plunge on Goldust, but Jeff Jarrett comes from the back, takes the IC Title belt from Marlena and rolls inside the ring. The ref warns Jarrett to not put his hands on Ahmed, and Jarrett drops the belt far away from Johnson. The ref goes to take the belt, and while he’s not seeing, Jarrett hits The Stroke on Ahmed. Goldust goes crawling where Ahmed is and covers him. The referee spins around and makes the three count.

Afterwards, Goldust runs away to the backstage area, but Razor Ramon appears in the entrance ramp, he begins to hammer away on “The Golden One”, and they get inside the ring again. The four men continue brawling and fighting each other.

WINNER, and STILL WWF IC Champion: Goldust by pinfall.

OR: 85 CR: 84 MQ: 86

The WWF Intercontinental Title has gained image

Intercontinental Championship in jeopardy!

As the four men keep brawling like maniacs, WWF President Gorilla Moonson makes his way to the ring, he remains in the entrance ramp and asks someone to give him a microphone.

Gorilla Moonson: Alright gentlemen, I’m getting tired of all these brawls and interferences! I’ve realized that you all four men want the Intercontinental Championship, so if you want to beat each other up so badly, you will take on each other, but in an official bout, at In Your House #6 in a Four-Way Dance match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. And that’s all I have to say for now!

Gorilla Moonson leaves the ring as the four men look stunned, Goldust runs away to backstage before getting beaten up by the other challengers.

Gorilla Monsoon gained overness from this segment.

Vince McMahon: A huge announcement by WWF President Gorilla Moonson!

Jim Ross: So we have another match added to the card of In Your House #6! Goldust vs. Razor Ramon vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Ahmed Johnson in a Four-Way Dance for the Intercontinental Title, that’s going to be great, Vince!

Vince McMahon: Indeed it will be an impressive bout. But for now, stay tuned, because when we return, we’ll see if The Undertaker will show up tonight on RAW, stay with us!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Face-to-Face

When we return to RAW, Diesel is standing in the ring with a mic in hand.

Diesel: Earlier tonight, I challenged The Undertaker to show up here in the CoreStates Spectrum. Tonight, I want to end this, I’m going to end this, for good. Tonight, I’m going to end the legend, the myth, of The Undertaker. You said you like to play mind games, Taker? Well tonight, Big Daddy Cool is playing mind games with you. Show up, Deadman!

Diesel waits for a while, but he gets no answer, much to the despise of the crowd.

Diesel: Just as I expected. It looks you’re just not “dead enough” to bring your dead a$% right here to my ring! Where is the Phenom? Where is the man they call the “Deadman”? Where is the icon? Where is the mythical Undertaker? Well, I tell you, he has just chickened out. He’s afraid to come out of his grave, he’s afraid because he knows I’m the best in the business…

The lights go out, a bell gongs and the crowd get on their feet. The Undertaker appears in the entrance ramp, and walks all the way to the ring. He takes the mic out of Diesel’s hand.

The Undertaker: Diesel, if you tease The Undertaker, you tease your destiny. If you want to go face to face with The Undertaker, you’re confronting your destiny. Your ego and your confidence will take you to your grave, and when that happens, my creatures of the night will feast upon the flesh of your rotting corpse.

Diesel: Wow, that’s so insightful, how about this, “If you mess up with me, I kick your a$%”

Diesel kicks The Undertaker in the gut and lifts him to perform the Jacknife, but Taker escapes and catches him to execute the Tombstone Piledriver, but Diesel also escapes and they end up brawling street-fight-style. They get outside the ring, Undertaker smashes Diesel onto the ring steps, but Diesel then hit him with a steel chair, they also smash each other with the barricade, the turnbuckle, and the announcing table. After a lot of brawling outside the ring, both men walk up the entrance ramp and get lost behind the curtains.

OR: 87

Vince McMahon: Where are they going?

Jim Ross: I don’t know, but I sincerely doubt this rivalry is over.

Vince McMahon: Well Diesel said he was going to end this once and for all, but it looks he actually heated up this feud!

Jim Ross: When is this going to stop?

Vince McMahon: I don’t now, actually, I don’t have a clue.

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen, from the CoreStates Spectrum, I’m Jim Ross alongside Vince McMahon, saying so long everybody!

Quick Results:

- Steve Austin def. Marty Jannetty

- Team MAD def. British Bulldog and Owen Hart to become Tag Team Champions.

- Bret Hart def. Mike Bucci

- WWF IC Champion Goldust def. Ahmed Johnson to retain the title.

OVERALL SHOW RATING: 83

Comments:

Bret Hart - Mike Bucci and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Owen Hart? I think our styles would really work well together.

Mike Bucci - I think I should be higher up the card.

EDIT: OOC: I'm not begging for feedback, but I would love if someone who's reading this could post a brief opinion of what you've read. I know my diary ain't perfect, and I would like to improve it, Thank you guys.

Edited by UltraBill

Just went over this diary and I'm pretty damn impressed. Well written, good graphics, good booking, overall very good work. Shows keep getting better and better.

I especially liked how you took the belts off The Bulldog and Owen, they need to break off from the tag scene. Only problem with it though is aside from the Snow/Mero team, which I like by the way and the Smoking Gunns, you're thin in that department.

But yeah, keep writing, I shall be reading.

THE WRESTLING NEWSLETTER

Sunday, 11 February 1996

WWF, WCW and ECW Ratings

WWF got a 6.01 rating for 'WWF Monday Night RAW'!

The attendance level was 6508 people.

They made $260320 from ticket sales.

WCW got a 5.70 television rating for 'WCW Monday Nitro'!

The event was attended by 6009 people.

They made $240360 from ticket sales.

WCW got a 3.65 television rating for 'WCW Saturday Night'!

The event was attended by 6023 people.

They made $240920 from ticket sales.

The event was attended by 407 people.

They made $8140 from ticket sales.

Edited by UltraBill

I’m going to re-make my writing style just a little bit since I don’t have much time to write this diary, guys, you tell me if you like it or not.

IPB Image

WWF Superstars

Play-by-Play: Michael Cole

Air Date: 2/11/96

WWF Superstars opens with the usual video package and theme music, the jam-packed crowd is on their feet, as we get a live shot from the magnificent Charlotte Coliseum. Then we move to the announcing booth, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler hype tonight’s show and remind us that we’re just one week away from In Your House #6!

*The Million Dollar Corporation music hits the arena, and Kama, Tatanka and Ted DiBiasse make their way to the ring, ready for our first contest.*

Tag Team Match

Kama and Tatanka w/Ted DiBiasse vs. The Godwinns w/Hillbilly Jim

This was an above average tag team bout, and although none of the four men are great wrestlers, their brawling skills got the job done. Kama and Phineous were the ones going at it for almost the entire match. Tatanka constantly aided Kama in the turnbuckle, grabbing Phineous from behind while Tatanka hit him with vicious chops. Eventually, Henry O. got the tag, and cleaned the house. The Godwinns almost won the match after Henry O. delivered the Slop Drop, but a thumb to the eye from Kama while the referee was distracted prevented him from doing it. Kama then performed the Death Valley Driver and went for the cover to get the victory. The Corporation celebrated outside the ring afterwards, while The Godwinns remained inside it staring at The Corp. with vicious looks.

Kama and Tatanka def. The Godwinns by pinfall

OVERALL: 77

CROWD: 69

WORKRATE: 84

Poison injected?

*Jake Roberts’ music theme hits the PA system, the crowd get on their feet as the future Hall of Famer walks down the ramp with a microphone in hand. Roberts gets inside the ring, and stands on the middle of it ready to give us some words.*

Jake Roberts: A grown old man with a single destiny may be nothing compared to the youth and the arrogance of a little rich kid. If you turn this man into a monster, however, he will prevail against any offense. And that’s what you’ve done, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, you’ve created a monster. You see, for the past weeks, the image of you pinning me 1, 2, 3, has been burning on my mind… You were right Hunter, at the Royal Rumble, I wasn’t in my prime, but now, that flaming determination spirit I once had in my youth has returned, and it won’t go away again. See, you’ve now turned me into an insensitive, ruthless, violent maniac. Hunter, I know deep inside you, you’re afraid of Jake Roberts, you’re afraid of the DDT, simply, you’re afraid of The End. If you want to show me you’re not afraid of “The Snake”, then walk out of that curtain and accept to face me at In Your House, for the last time, and I’m out of your life, kid.

*Jake waits for an answer, but no one appears in the entrance ramp, he grabs the mic once again.*

Jake Roberts: So you think you’re tough by making me wait, uh? Let’s put more fire on this thing, let’s change the rules a little bit. How about getting your head DDT’ed in the concrete floor? I think that would be nice, so let’s make it… a Falls Count Anywhere match?

*The crowd reacts pretty well to Jake’s proposal. Hunter Hearst Helmsley’s music hits the arena, and the crowd this time reacts with loud boos. Helmsley makes his way to the ring, but decides to remain in the entrance ramp.*

Hunter Hearst Helmsley: How dare you? You think you can walk down to my ring and challenge me to such a despicable match? You’re nothing more but a washed-up old man who thinks he’ll become a Hall of Famer one day… But for the record, I accept! Yeah, that’s right, I accept your so-called challenge. Next week, at In Your House, I’ll show all you grumpy old has-beens why you must not mess up with a young athlete and a blueblood like me!

Jake Roberts: You look confident, Hunter. Well at In Your House #6, you’ll finally meet the real snake…

The two men stare down in the middle of the ring for a while, and then we go to a commercial break.

OVERALL: 74

COMMERCIAL BREAK

*When we return from the commercial break, the camera is at the announcing booth, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talk about the heated rivalry between Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart, they remind us how this all started, then they present us a pre-taped interview with “The Heartbreak Kid”.*

Looking for revenge…

*The footage is shown, we see Dok Hendrix standing in the backstage interview position with a microphone in hand.*

Dok Hendrix: Hello everyone, I’m handsome Dok Hendrix and you’re watching WWF Superstars! Now, we’re just one week away from In Your House #6, an event that promises to be one of the biggest In Your House PPVs we’ve ever seen! So now, please welcome, “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels!

*Shawn Michaels walks to the interview area.*

Dok Hendrix: Shawn, 1996 started off as a great year for both you and your Kliq. However, this momentum of yours may be put in jeopardy, as you face the man who knocked you out, Owen Hart, at In Your House #6 one week from tonight. Shawn, do you realize the intensity and the amazing athletic ability you’re going to have to display in order to defeat Owen Hart?

Shawn Michaels: Dok, November 20, 1995 was the scariest day in all my career and all my life, you see, when Owen Hart nailed me with his Enzuigiri Kick, I actually felt how the lights were still on, but no one was home, I thought my career as a professional wrestler may had been over… Owen Hart attempted to end my wrestling, Owen hart attempted to kill my dream… and I’m never, ever going to forget that. But Dok, you’re talking with the man that always displays amazing athletic abilities, you’re talking with the man that always shows intensity in the ring, I mean come on, you’re talking with “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels! And as far as I’m concerned, there’s no way Bret Hart Jr. is going to beat me at In Your House, because when I smash his teeth with my Sweet Chin Music… aw boy, that’s going to leave a mark! See, Owen, like it or not, I’m simply the best sports entertainer in the world today, and I’ll show it, at In Your House #6, because February 18, 1996 is going to be a night of violence…

*Shawn Michaels leaves the interview area.*

Dok Hendrix: Alright thank you Shawn Michaels for giving us this special interview just one week away from In Your House, now, let’s go back to ringside!

OVERALL: 97

Shawn Michaels gained overness from this segment.

*We head to the ring, once again, where Hakushi is making his way to the ring ready to lock-up against The 1-2-3 Kid, in what should be an amazing bout.*

Singles match

The 1-2-3 Kid vs. Hakushi

The Kid and Hakushi managed to perform one of the best aerial, light-heavyweight bouts we’ve seen in a long time. Hakushi tried to keep The Kid on the ground using his technical skills, but the younger one with cocky attitude was able to evade some of Hakushi’s maneuvers and turned the tie. At one point, The Kid rolled out of the ring, and Hakushi jumped to the outside to hit him with an Asai Moonsault. The crowd got pretty hot from here on, as both men delivered some huge high flying moves inside and outside the ring in order to gain an advantage. Ultimately, The Kid started to dominate, and tried to hit his trademark Spinning Heel Kick, but ducked and Hakushi caught him from behind and locked into the Goru-Raku Gatame, The Kid quickly tapped out.

Hakushi def. The 1-2-3 Kid by submission.

OVERALL: 83

CROWD: 77

WORKRATE: 100

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The World’s greatest corporative employee…

*When we return, Jeff Jarrett is shown backstage in the interview area, standing next to Todd Pettengill. He’s wearing a brand new tuxedo with a “$” sign on it.

Todd Pettengill: Hello, WWF fans! I’m Todd Pettengill, and I’m standing next to the newest Million Dollar Corporation member, “Double J” Jeff Jarrett. Now, Double J, last Monday night on RAW, you cost Ahmed Johnson’s chance of becoming Intercontinental Champion, but now, you’re going to get a shot at that title, along with other two men in a Four-Way Match at In Your House #6. What are your thoughts on this?

Jeff Jarrett: Shut up, Pettengill! And for the record, I’m Jeff Jarrett, Double J is dead, now Double J is just another chapter in my wonderful life, because now, I’m a member of the exclusive, V.I.P. club of the WWF, the Million Dollar Corporation, and now there’s no way I’m ain’t reaching the top of this business. Now, about what’s going to happen at In Your House, I can simplify it in just two words “Ahmed Johnson, is going to get his butt kicked”…

Todd Pettengill: Actually, those are nine words, Jeff…

Jeff Jarrett: Hey, just shut up! The fact of the matter is, I’m walking out of Louisville, Kentucky as the Intercontinental Champion, and you know what, I’m going to pin Ahmed Johnson, so I can end this for once and for all! Because, I’m Jeff Jarrett, the World’s greatest wrestler, the World’s greatest entertainer, and the World’s greatest corporative employee!

*Jeff Jarrett leaves the interview area*

Todd Pettengill: Alright, ladies and gentlemen, that was Jeff Jarrett, and now let’s go back to ringside!

OVERALL: 82

*We go back to ringside and we get an upside shot of the Charlotte Coliseum, the announcers then hype In Your House #6, and take us to a video footage promoting this huge PPV extravaganza.*

In Your House this Sunday!

The promotional video is played, showing some shots of the empty Louisville Gardens arena, and hyping the different rivalries and matches for the event, along with the top WWF superstars displaying their in-ring abilities and hitting their trademark moves. The video footage ends with a still shot of Bret Hart staring Diesel and Owen Hart staring Shawn Michaels.

OVERALL: 90

COMMERCIAL BREAK

*After we return from the commercial break, the camera quickly goes to he entrance ramp, where Ron Simmons is making his way to the ring, ready to lock-up against Vader in our Main Event. Can Simmons beat Vader once again as he did in 1992 to win the WCW Title? Find out next!*

Singles Match

Vader vs. Ron Simmons

This was a good bout between two good, stiff as hell, brawlers. The two men stared down each other for a while, until Vader started hammering away and gaining momentum with his size advantage. Vader took Ron down with a couple of stiff forearms and right hands in the turnbuckle, and came running to the turnbuckle trying to hit a Splash, but Simmons moved out of the way and Vader got nailed right in the kisser, Ron took advantage and rolled up Vader, but Vader easily kicked out. From this point, Vader continued dominating in the match, although Simmons managed to perform some moves. In the closing moments of the contest, Simmons scored an upset when he rolled out of the way of the Vader Bomb, and then tried to deliver the Dominator Slam, but Vader countered with his weight, and shoved Simmons to the turnbuckle, then he climbed up the second rope and connected the Vader Bomb. Vader went for the cover, and got the victory. Afterwards, Vader’s old nemesis, Cactus Jack came down to the ring, and the crowd got on their feet. Cactus rolled inside the squared-circle and started driving solid right hands on Vader, and eventually was able to take him down. Cactus then picked up a steel chair, grabbed Vader and executed his Double Arm DDT on the steel chair! Vader was left laid out old while Cactus celebrated with the crowd as Superstars went off-air.

Vader def. Ron Simmons by pinfall

OVERALL: 81

CROWD: 75

WORKRATE: 85

*Fade to black*

Quick Results:

- Kama and Tatanka def. The Godwinns

- Hakushi def. The 1-2-3 Kid

- Vader def. Ron Simmons

TV Rating: 5.28

Attendance level: 6521 people

Ticket sales: $260840

Competition:

WCW Worldwide:

TV Rating: 2.08

Attendance level: 6053 people

Ticket sales: $ 240920

4C Murder Incorporated:

Attendance level: 2655 people

Ticket sales: $79650

Edited by UltraBill

Unfortunately, due to time constrains I'm also going to have to stop posting graphics for each RAW... I will contiune, however, posting them for PPV's and stuff... Please don't let this little changes make you stop reading my diary.

THE WRESTLING NEWSLETTER

Monday, 17 February 1996

WCW and ECW Saturday ratings

WCW got a 3.65 television rating for 'WCW Saturday Night'!

The event was attended by 6023 people.

They made $240920 from ticket sales.

The event was attended by 407 people.

They made $8140 from ticket sales.

IPB Image

WWF Monday Night RAW

Color Commentary: Jim Ross

Air Date: 2/17/96

Monday Night RAW opens with its regular video package and generic music theme. The capacity crowd is jam-packed and on their feet waiting for the show to start. The camera then moves to the announcing booth, where Vince McMahon and Jim Ross are pumped up and ready to call the action right here on Monday Night RAW! They hype the show, and then the camera goes to the entrance ramp.

*Steve Austin comes walking down the entrance ramp, and it’s ready to lock-up against Duke Droese here on Monday Night RAW!*

Singles Match

Steve Austin vs. Duke “Dumpster” Droese

A highly competitive match here. Austin attacked Duke before the match had even started, and quickly began manhandling him with some vicious right and left hands to the face, leaving Duke without any chance to fight back. This time, however, Austin wasn’t able to squash Duke that easily, as the garbage man persistently provided offense, but still, Austin was the dominant force for almost the entire match. Jim Ross constantly referred to Austin as “Stone Cold”. After gaining a little bit of momentum, Droese tried to lift Austin to execute the Trash Compactor, but Austin smartly evaded the move, kicked Duke in the gut and hit The Stunner, followed by the cover to get the three count. Austin celebrated his victory, as the crowd was divided with some people standing in silence while other booed him. Austin then took Howard Finkel’s microphone and was ready to shoot some words.

Steve Austin def. Duke “Dumpster” Droese by pinfall

CROWD: 67

WORKRATE: 88

Simply ruthless…

*The crowd stands in silence while Austin waits for them to shut up.*

Steve Austin: You know… this guy over here smelled like crap before the match, now he smells like an a$%-kicking. You know why? Because he just got his a$% whopped!

He got his a$% whopped just like all the other little pieces of crap I’ve met in the ring here at the WWF! And you people sit there in the crowd just to watch all this nobodies getting beat up by “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. If this is what you people, or you Gorilla Moonson, or you Vince McMahon call “entertainment”, “competition”, then you guys are completely pathetic! Oh yeah, you’re so damn pathetic! The fact of the matter is, I’m undefeated here in the WWF, and I’m sick and tired of not seeing anybody, with enough testicular fortitude, willing to kick my a$% at whatever cost. So, my point is, at In Your House #6, I’m going to show up, yeah, that’s right, because I’m challenging anyone, from anyplace, to face me in this very ring this Sunday night! If you think, you’re man enough to formally meet “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, then show up this Sunday night in Louisville Kentucky, ‘cause I’ll be waiting for you, jacka$%!

*Austin throws the microphone and gets out of the ring.*

OVERALL: 82

Steve Austin gained overness from this segment.

*After the match, the camera moves to the announcing booth. The announcers hype Steve Austin’s path of destruction in the WWF, and remainds us that we’re just 6 days away from In Your House #6! Then, we go back to ringside, where The Bodydonnas are making their way to the ring*

Nº1 Contendership Match – WWF Tag Team Titles

The Bodydonnas w/Sunny vs. The Smoking Gunns

As the match went on, the announcers said the team that wins this match will be facing Team MAD for the WWF Tag Team Titles at the Free-For-All prior to In Your House. Another great tag team bout here, these two teams are certainly the cornerstone of the tag team division. Skip and Billy begun the match, it first started with a headlock and a few exchange of technical maneuvers, but then the bout got more intense, and both men exchanged some moves before making the tag to their respective partners. Bart and Zip continued to keep on this intense, highly competitive tag team bout. Both teams are quite determined to win, and are giving it all tonight. At one point of the contest, Bart successfully hit the Bart Buster on Zip, and went for the cover but Skip interfered and stopped the count. Bart got distracted arguing with Skip, which gave time for Zip to recover and recapitalize surprising Bart from behind with a roll-up, and with some help from the tights, got the victory. Zip quickly rolled out of the ring, and celebrated with his tag team partner and manager while the cowboys remained frustrated at ringside.

The Bodydonnas def. The Smoking Gunns by pinfall (Zip pinned Bart)

CROWD: 71

WORKRATE: 95

*The cameras fade to black as we go to an ad break*

COMMERCIAL BREAK

*When we return, the cameras are backstage, where Goldust is standing with Dok Hendrix; the lights are slightly tuned down.*

Words from The Golden One…

Dok Hendrix: Alright, I’m standing here next to the most bizarre individual in the history of the WWF, and probably in Sports Entertainment, Goldust. Now, Goldust, you’re currently the Intercontinental Champion, but your title may be in huge jeopardy this Sunday night, when you face three other men who want your title more than anything, and one of those men, is none other that the former Intercontienental Champion, and your supposedly “object of affection”. Do you think you can retain your title with all this distractions and obstacles?

Goldust: (Sniff) The Golden One likes to overcome odds… The Golden One… considers himself… odd. Truth is, Dok, this Sunday night, at In Your House, “The Naughy Boy” Razor Ramon will get even more familiar with Goldust. You see, the Intercontinental Championship is something Razor Ramon wants to get back more than anything… but I want Razor Ramon more than anything. But I’m happy to defend my title against him this Sunday night, because, you just can’t imagine the feeling of satisfaction and joy I’m going to feel when I pin Razor 1, 2, 3. Both psychological and… physical satisfaction…

*Suddenly, out from nowhere, Razor Ramon appears and starts beating the hell out of Goldust. The lights go back to normal, as Razor continues to beat the crap out of the Intercontinental Champion. He throws him onto the wall and stomps him on the concrete floor. Razor lifts him up, and hits Goldust with the Razor’s Edge right on the floor, then grabs the microphone.*

Razor Ramon: I’m sick of you! You freak! At In Your House, I’m getting back what’s mine, you piece of trash!

OVERALL: 90

*Back to ringside, the Million Dollar Rap hits the arena, and Tatanka makes his way to the ring, accompanied by Ted DiBiasse.*

Singles Match

Tatanka vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Jake got a pretty decent pop from the moment he walked out of the curtains. This was an above average bout, more orientated to a brawling style rather than pure wrestling. Roberts is getting old, and is starting to this show in his matches, seems he’s just not capable anymore of keeping the intense schedule of a full time performer. Tatanka quickly got the upper hand, nailing Jake with some chops and then taking him to the ground with a Scoop Slam. The “Native American” continued to dominate in the bout, until Roberts started to back up, and turned the tie. Eventually, however, Tatanka stopped Jake’s momentum after escaping the DDT, and lifted Roberts on his shoulders to hit the End of the Trail, but Jake also escaped the move, locked Tatanka with a Wrist Lock, kicked him in the belly and delivered the DDT, followed by a pinfall and the victory. Afterwards, Hunter Hearst Helmsley came to the ring, drove some right hands on Roberts and was able to hit the Pedigree on him. This time, Roberts was the one who was left out cold in the middle of the ring.

Jake Roberts def. Tatanka by pinfall.

CROWD: 71

WORKRATE: 83

Bang, bang!

*After both Helmsley and Roberts leave the ring, Cactus Jack’s theme hits the arena, the most of the crowd, probably the ones who tuned in RAW and Superstars last week, get on their feet and cheer the hardcore icon that makes his way to the ring, with a microphone in hand.*

Cactus Jack: You know guys, pain is a four-lettered word, pain is an unpleasant sensation caused by an injury, disease or violence. Although, for me, pain… pain is a lifestyle, pain is a way of living, pain… is the result of extremism. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t enjoy pain, I just don’t think it’s a bad thing. But there’s this man, this big, this huge man, this man has stated on many occasions that he feels no pain. So I’m wondering, how can this man not feel pain when he has already faced the brutal, the vicious jaws of a company that rolled him over like a damn snot just because they preferred to have the same good ol’, red and yellow dressed, 77 year old has-been in their main spot! How can this man not feel pain, after he, being the top big man in professional wrestling, was thrown out of this company just because he was involved in an argument with another has-been that still thinks he’s “Mr. Wonderful”! How can this man not feel pain after having worked for a grown man who enjoys wearing a bathrobe and yells “Wooo” every single time, instead of trying to become once again the tough guy he used to be in the past! Maybe you guys here don’t know what the hell I’m talking about, but I once worked for that company down south. I once shared this man’s pain. That’s right… Vader, I once shared your pain. But you just have to remember when you were still the top dog in that organization. Do you remember Vader? Do you remember when you thought you were the best there was, and once you were having a bad day, you broke my nose, and then I need 27 stitches for the wounds on my face? Do you remember when you Powerbombed me onto the concrete floor and almost left me paralyzed? But after all, I continued to back up, I kept going on, I stood up! I stood up in front of you! And it all ended on March 16, 1994, at a house show in Munich, Germany, it was one of the most intense matches I’ve ever had, and at one point, you hit me with a vicious punch and my head got tangled between the ropes, that unfortunately, were too tight! The ropes were too tight! And you do know what happened next, don’t you? I threw a punch and my ear fell off! My ear completely tore off! And you were there, big man, you were there, laughing at me, teasing me off, and what did I do? I kept going! I fought back! But still, you eventually kicked my a$%. Isn’t that nice, Vader? A huge 450-pounds man kicking the a$% of a man half his size who has just lost his ear, damn you’re a good person! Now I can’t even wear glasses, you know why! You want to know why! Because I don’t have an ear, you see, thanks to you, I’m now a sideshow freak! It’s true Vader, I once shared your pain… but my pain grew even larger than yours! Since that fateful night, I’ve done it all! I’ve wrestled in rings surrounded by barbed wire, I’ve had thumbtacks stuck on my back, I’ve gone through tables burning in fire! And now, Cactus Jack means pain, Cactus Jack means extreme, Cactus Jack means hardcore! I’m hardcore, I’m hardcore! And at In Your House, I’m finally having my revenge, Vader. Bang, bang!!

*Cactus Jack throws the microphone and leaves the ring, the crowd stays in silence, as it seems the regular WWF fans aren’t used to such an intense promo like the one we’ve just witnessed.*

OVERALL: 91

Cactus Jack gained overness from this segment.

*As Cactus Jack is leaving the ring, we go once again to a commercial break.*

COMMERCIAL BREAK

*When we return, The British Bulldog is making his way to the ring, joined by fellow Camp Cornette members, Jim Cornette and Owen Hart, he's ready to lock-up against Shawn Michaels in our Main Event.*

Singles Match

Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog w/Jim Cornette and Owen Hart

The crowd was totally pumped-up for this match. It started with a collar-elbow tie up, and a few headlocks, but when Michaels began to gain a small advantage, the Bulldog snapped and started to attack him like a complete maniac, at one point hitting him so hard with a clothesline that Shawn got knocked out in the middle of the ring. The fans were scared as they thought Michaels was left unconscious once again, but eventually, he managed to sit up and give some offense. Bulldog tried to keep his momentum, but Michaels used his speed advantage to constantly reverse Bulldog’s moves, and gained the favorable position. Bulldog was able to reclaim his momentum, though, after some referee distractions by both Jim Cornette and Owen Hart. Bulldog grabbed Shawn on his shoulders, and was just about to hit the Powerslam, but Shawn evaded the maneuver, and smashed Bulldog’s face with the Sweet Chin Music. Shawn went for the cover, but Owen Hart entered the ring and stomped Shawn, the referee had no choice but to call for the bell. Owen continued to beat up Shawn, and asked Bulldog to lift him up, which he did, and Owen nailed Shawn with the Enzuigiri. With Michaels being laid out cold on the mat, Owen locked him into the Sharpshooter, while Cornette and Bulldog looked on and taunted the crowd. Five referees came to the ring to stop Owen, but the damage was already done.

Shawn Michaels def. British Bulldog by DQ

OVERALL: 89

CROWD: 91

WORKRATE: 87

*After the match, the announcers hype the intense rivlary between Diesel and The Undertaker, and remind us that this Sunday, Bret Hart will defend his title against "Big Daddy Cool. We then go to our final commercial break.*

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The man from the Dark side...

A special video package is played, showing footage from a sinister cemetery in the middle of the night, and displaying some of his in-ring action, performing his trademark moves on several opponents. The most interesting highlights of the video package are The Undertaker appearing on the big screen inside the casket in the 1994 Royal Rumble, Piledriving the WWF Champion Bret Hart and manhandling Diesel. The video ends with a shot of The Undertaker raising his arms in the ring surrounded by darkness.

OVERALL: 80

The Undertaker lost overness from this segment.

Contract signing!

*When we return from the video package, there’s a table and two chairs in the ring, with a contract on the table. WWF President Gorilla Moonson is standing in the squared circle with a microphone in hand.*

Gorilla Moonson: Ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for the official contract signing for the WWF Championship match at In Your House, this Sunday night! Now, let me introduce to you, first, the challenger, “Big Daddy Cool” Diesel!

*Diesel Blues hits the arena, and Big Daddy Cool makes his way to the ring, he gets a mixed reaction as usual, he lifts his arms inside the ring, and sits on the chair.*

Gorilla Moonson: And now, let me introduce to you, he’s the Excellence of Execution, and the current WWF World Heavyweight Champion, Bret “Hitman” Hart!

*Bret Hart’s music hits, the crowd explodes in huge cheers, as the lights turn pink and the WWF Champion makes his way to the ring. Before he enters it, he hands his shadows to a young man in the audience, then he walks inside the ring.*

Gorilla Moonson: Gentlemen, in just six days time, you’ll be squaring off in this very ring for the most prestigious gold in professional wrestling and sports entertainment, the WWF Championship. But before you two meet in the ring, there’s a lot of legal paperwork to do. So, tonight, you two will sign the official contract for this bout. But first, let me announce a new stipulation added to the contract. The man who wins this match at In Your House #6 will be, of course, declared the WWF Champion, however, he will not be able to defend his title before Wrestlemania XII, therefore, the man who walks out of Louisville, Kentcuky as the Champion, will be going to Wrestlemania as the Champion! And will be putting it on the line against Shawn Michaels that night. So with that said, let’s get the proceedings over, Diesel, you, as the challenger, must sign the contract first.

*Diesel looks at the contract, but instead of signing it he takes Gorilla’s microphone.*

Diesel: You know, Hitman. It’s an honor to face someone like you once again in a PPV event. But most important, it will be an honor to be the man who successfully takes that title out of your waist. You see Bret, what you have been carrying with you, it’s mine, what you have been defending every single night, it’s mine. Now, everybody knows, the reason I lost my title at the Survivor Series was because of a conspiracy by this organization to hold me back, I mean, you don’t have to be that smart to realize that. All this happened, because of the politicians, because the WWF directors got tired of seeing me every night and day busting my body for all of you, they got tired of seeing me walking with that title around my waist! Well, he, he, you see, you just can’t stop “Big Daddy Cool”! I’m getting my title back this Sunday night, Bret, there’s no doubt, you’re certainly one of the best in the business today, but you’ve got to admit, the odds are against you, pal!

*Diesel takes the pen and signs the contract.*

Gorilla Moonson: Alright, so now it’s time for the WWF Champion to sign the contract.

*Bret also takes the microphone.*

Bret Hart: Forgive me if I’m being a little harsh on this, but Diesel, you’ve been such a cry-baby since the day you lost your precious title. I’ve held this WWF Championship many times in the past, and I’ve lost it many times, and I’ve learned a few things from those defeats, when you lose your title you just have t move on… It’s true, you almost lose a part of your life, you lose the most important gold in this industry, but still, other chances may come, and other titles may come. But you’ve been so paranoid, you’ve been saying there’s a conspiracy against you. What are you talking about? The WWF loved you, you where the Champion of this promotion for a long time, and nobody stripped you out of your belt, you just lost it, and well, truth is, you lost it against the “Excellence of Execution”, but hey, you can’t hold a title forever. So this Sunday night, you’re getting a shot at my belt, good, congratulations, but I’m warning you, I’m going to give all I have in order to defeat you, this title is my life and I’ll do anything is possible to keep it with me. So, about this Sunday night, I just say “Bring it on”!

*Hart signs the contract. The two men stare down for a while, and then they seem to be heading backstage, but Diesel spins around, moves the table and viciously attacks Bret from behind with some huge forearms. Diesel keeps beating up Bret, but eventually, the WWF Champion gains momentum and turns the tie, he then grabs a chair to threat him, and Diesel quickly rolls out of the ring. Bret remains in the middle of the squared circle celebrating as Gorilla Moonson calls for security to hold back both men. RAW goes off the air in the middle of all this chaos.*

*Fade to black.*

Quick Results:

- Steve Austin def. Duke Droese

- The Bodydonnas def. The Smoking Gunns to become Nº1 Contenders for the WWF Tag Team Titles

- Jake Roberts def. Tatanka

- Shawn Michaels def. British Bulldog (DQ)

Competition:

WCW Monday Nitro

TV Ratings: 5.65

Attendance Level: 5046 people

Ticket Sales: $201840

Comments:

Sophie - Our ratings battle with WCW Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!

Edited by UltraBill