The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

6 hours ago, HailtotheTortureRack said:

Is there context needed or how much "know" is needed?  I say that because I REALLY am not "in" with DC that much at all

No, not really. I'm guessing you're familiar with the Justice League and the main characters, so you'll be fine. Without giving too much away, It's set in an alternate universe, so we were all new to it when we first read it.

Jesus Christ that panel of Superboy or whatever he is (Lois & Superman's son) accidentally killing his own cat is needlessly graphic. Holy shit. I'm behind in learning about this, but still, jesus.

15 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Jesus Christ that panel of Superboy or whatever he is (Lois & Superman's son) accidentally killing his own cat is needlessly graphic. Holy shit. I'm behind in learning about this, but still, jesus.

You should see what Sentry did to Ares ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

There are characters named Gotham and Gotham Girl now?

Yes, unexplained metahumans who can fly.  And Batman isn't even questioning it.  There was a flashback to their parents, and they made no reference to why they can fly.  It's just a thing.

They've given their backstory in issue 3, but we still don't know how they got their powers.

So far we know

They're brother and sister, Hank and Claire Clover. Hank was out with their parents when they were robbed at gunpoint, but Batman showed up and saved them. Hank became obsessed with Batman...but in a good way (he started doing what he could to help people), and got his sister to join him. Somehow they gained powers possibly while doing missionary work overseas. 

And something Batman said hints that he knows Gotham is that kid he saved.

4 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

They've given their backstory in issue 3, but we still don't know how they got their powers.

So far we know

Hide contents

They're brother and sister, Hank and Claire Clover. Hank was out with their parents when they were robbed at gunpoint, but Batman showed up and saved them. Hank became obsessed with Batman...but in a good way (he started doing what he could to help people), and got his sister to join him. Somehow they gained powers possibly while doing missionary work overseas. 

And something Batman said hints that he knows Gotham is that kid he saved.

Saying they've given their backstory is a bit of a stretch. It didn't cover all that much, just their intentions really. 

I read Jeff Lemire's Animal Man, Vol. 1: The Hunt today (started it probably a month or 2 ago and forgot about it) and damn this book is crazy. I know nothing about Animal Man and by the end of the book, freaking Animal Man knows nothing about Animal Man because his whole world as he knew it is thrown into confusing chaos. But the story takes bold leaps and the art blows my mind. It far exceeded what I expected from the book and has my dying to read Vol. 2 because they start teasing where the story is going about halfway through and stop just before getting there.

Example of a crazy scene

umm-animal.jpg