The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I haven't given Archie comics a second thought since I was a teenager and it got to a point where the books were shrinking in size, increasing in price and I began to have other, more important things take up my limited teenage monies.

Archie and Zombies? A really shitty sounding teen drama show, coming in 2017?

giphy.gif

On 6 September 2016 at 00:44, WeAreOne said:

Blackest Night is a pretty good read but its kind of hard to compare it to Flashpoint. Unlike Flashpoint where you can go in pretty blindly because its serves as a reset, it defiantly helps being somewhat familiar with the DC Universe before going into Blackest Night. 

I'm familiar, I'm just not familiar with Green Lantern, ironically. I've never really been interested in GL, but I've heard Blackest Night is a good read.

On 9/6/2016 at 01:24, GhostMachine said:

Afterlife With Archie #10 was.....interesting. They've added Josie and the Pussycats to the mix, and the issue was an origin story with a nice twist.

I loved it .... but I've loved this series and honestly feel it's one of, if not THE best book out right now.  DEF a nice twist on their origin and I love how it broadens what can happen in that universe.

On 9/6/2016 at 07:58, Noah said:

I haven't given Archie comics a second thought since I was a teenager and it got to a point where the books were shrinking in size, increasing in price and I began to have other, more important things take up my limited teenage monies.

Archie and Zombies? A really shitty sounding teen drama show, coming in 2017?

Huge mistake .... Afterlife and Sabrina are glorious, both Archie and Jughead are great 'today' versions of the characters/books, Betty/Veronica has started very well, and the Black Circle line (esp Black Hood and Hangman) is fantastic.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brenchill said:

I'm familiar, I'm just not familiar with Green Lantern, ironically. I've never really been interested in GL, but I've heard Blackest Night is a good read.

Green Lantern Rebirth is where I started. I think I've heard it's the slowburn start to the Blackest Night storyline and really taught me about everything I need to know. Also a badass story

4 hours ago, The DBZemon King said:

Hey guys, I'm looking to unload some comics, currently going through some tough times and need some capital. I'm trying to get around the exorbitant eBay fees and was wondering if any of you knew of a good board I could go to in order to sell them. Thanks.  

Are you UK-based? Couldn't tell from your profile.

3 hours ago, brenchill said:

Ah, okay. I was going to offer to take a few off your hands but that makes it a bit pricey.

I appreciate that. :-)

Ya, it's a bit pricey to ship across the pond, so I don't blame you. They're all mostly Silver Age Captain America. I'm gonna try to see if I can sell them all in one lot. 

17 hours ago, The DBZemon King said:

I appreciate that. :-)

Ya, it's a bit pricey to ship across the pond, so I don't blame you. They're all mostly Silver Age Captain America. I'm gonna try to see if I can sell them all in one lot. 

PM sent .... what is the stuff that isn't SA cap?

On 9/7/2016 at 18:16, I DDT 'Em. said:

Green Lantern Rebirth is where I started. I think I've heard it's the slowburn start to the Blackest Night storyline and really taught me about everything I need to know. Also a badass story

Anybody looking to get into modern day Lantern books should start with Geoff Johns' Rebirth storyline, which is a #1 issue, and go from there. It's easily my favorite run of anything DC has ever done, from the start of Rebirth all the way past Blackest Night, I found it amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brenchill said:

Suicide Squad and Detective Comics are definetly the best of the Rebirth bunch so far. I just finished reading Suicide Squad #2 which contains an awesome Captain Boomerang backstory and also the return of... 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

You know how they always do those "Batman and Superman are so similar BUT DIFFERENT" comics? I'd love for them to homage that with a Joker/Zod one.

Spoiler

I feel like they've  done that with Luthor and Joker a few times. 

On 9/20/2016 at 12:43, brenchill said:

I just finished reading the latest Detective Comics story and wow, so so good. Can't wait for the story to continue in Batman #8. They have done one hell of a job on making Bat-Woman a bad ass character.

You ever read Batwoman: Elegy that collects her run as the lead in Detective Comics pre-New 52? Or her New 52 run? So good, such an awesome character.

1 minute ago, TKz said:

You ever read Batwoman: Elegy that collects her run as the lead in Detective Comics pre-New 52? Or her New 52 run? So good, such an awesome character.

Nope, I haven't actually. This is pretty much my first introduction to the character in this form. I've always been aware of a Bat-Woman, but not this version.

Have you read the new DC series?