The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Reading back through the 2 volumes of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man I bought, and man, I really dislike the art in the majority of volume 2. I really dug Pichelli's art in issues 1-5, but then Samnee comes in on 6 & 7 and it looks like he's drawing an old Saturday morning cartoon. Not a great look for the book. David Marquez's art is way better, but still not as good as Pichelli's. :(

About Spider-Man:

• SERIES FINALE! The end of an era! A tale of triumph and tragedy! The GREEN GOBLIN unmasked! A hero reborn! But what does this mean for OTTO OCTAVIUS?!

• There’s only one man who can save us from the Goblin Nation… PETER PARKER

^ that's in the Marvel April solicitations ...
Also, IRON FIST !!!!! New ongoing, hell yeah.

I'd just google around for a reading list. That's what I had to do when I had a big pack of comics from Dark Reign that weren't ordered at all.

That'd be because Dark Reign isn't an event comic, it's something that effected the majority of titles but didn't actually have a main series. (Dark Avengers doesn't count) Unless you count Siege, but Marvel counts that as it's own thing... so, not so much. >_>

That'd be because Dark Reign isn't an event comic, it's something that effected the majority of titles but didn't actually have a main series. (Dark Avengers doesn't count) Unless you count Siege, but Marvel counts that as it's own thing... so, not so much. >_>

Yeah I know but it still has an order. When I read all the Ultimate Marvel stuff the person who put it up had bothered to leave Txt file telling me what to read when. The person who compiled all the Dark Reign stuff just had a folder for each series.

Yeah I know but it still has an order. When I read all the Ultimate Marvel stuff the person who put it up had bothered to leave Txt file telling me what to read when. The person who compiled all the Dark Reign stuff just had a folder for each series.

What? No, it doesn't, it has a release order, but each comic takes place in it's own series. There's some crossover, but there's no official order. As long as you're not reading Dark Avengers 6 then 1, there's no wrong order to read it in.

You're pretty picky about how much work you expect an uploader to put in, especially for a guy that's getting hundreds of comics for free.

I've been reading The Astonishing X-Men done by Whedon, and have really enjoyed it so far. Up to about 8 iirc.

I do feel a little lost in some aspects of the story though. In terms of timeline/storyline, what happened prior to the Wheddon Astonishing X-Men that would be useful to know?

It's alright! It got a lot of shit, but for the most part it's fun. It'll probably be even better if you're not following the comics too closely.

The only real shame is the missed opportunities for fights. They did too many, so none of them had much time to develop or have any real punch.

You can pretty much always just read the main crossover issues and not miss a thing. The tie-in stuff is fun, but the best advice I could give if you're planning on reading them is not to bother unless you're into the book. If you're not enjoying one of the sixty X-Men tie ins that have barely anything to do with the main story apart from their reaction to it, just drop it. You'll never really need them to follow the main story - they just kind of explore how the characters are dealing with the crossover event.

Early 300s, but I've branched out to the wider stuff through New Mutants, X-Factor etc so I've now got 6 or 7 titles in 93. Weighing up adding Deadpool as its just starting (though possibly a limited series) but if I'm honest I don't think I really like him. Go back a few pages for my fuller thoughts, I do think it's worth ploughing all the way through even if Cyclops whinging about his deadly optic blasts every single issue tends to grate, it does get better.