The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Of those listed, I'd say House of M, but I mean, there's a reason no one talks about the rest of them. They're not bad, just... eh.

To be honest, they've just been ones that seemingly have gone on from one another - to understand one, I felt like I had to read the other - got a bit compulsive with it all.

Cyclops is awesome.

Finished reading Schism. Now I want to read more X-Men after it.

• 2 weeks later...

AMC's going ahead with a Preacher TV show.

Today it’s all official, with AMC and Sony setting Rogen and Goldberg as writers and executive producers, Breaking Bad’s Sam Catlin as showrunner, and expectations as high as they’ve ever been for anyone trying to bring this comic to life.

Man, the current Guardians of the Galaxy run is awesome.

Up to #11 now I think. So bloody good. It's the only thing I really feel attached to comic wise right now. I've got plenty of other DC and Marvel weeklies on my laptop to go through, but I just want more Guardians.

Dude, you need to get the original run. If you're torrenting, find a torrent that features the "6 Marvel Cosmic Events". It's pretty much everything great about Guardians in a cosmic-wide crossover featuring tons of other cool characters too. Including Thanos, the future antagonist of Avengers 3 and noted purple guy from the end of Avengers.

The only thing I don't like about the new Gaurdians is that they ditched Star-Lord's awesome mask. It seems especially odd considering it appears to be the look they are using in the film. I can get down with the rest of the retro-redesign, the Pratt look, and him getting the element gun back but his mask was badass!

I stopped on Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 22 and Ultimate Comics X-Men 25. So Right during Miles' fight with Venom and when Jean made her way into the mutant nation Kitty is leading. How far behind am I and what other Ultimate comics are running? Heard the Ultimate Universe is about to finish and I wanted to get caught up. Where is all the stuff with 616 Galactus happening?

The stuff with Galactus was first glimpsed at in the final issue of Age of Ultron, I believe, when the timestream/multiverse broke. There was a 4 issue series called Hunger that served as a prelude of sorts, and now it's happening on the Cataclysm issues (so far, only Cataclysm 0.01, Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand #1, and Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 have been released, but there will also be a Cataclysm: X-Men and Cataclysm: Ultimates, I believe. Don't know how long these Cataclysm issues will run for).

As for Ultimate Spider-Man, the last issue released was #28 and X-Men was #33.

Mind updating me on what Cataclysm related stuff is out? I find it so freaking hard to keep up.

Let's see, I believe it's this:

Cataclysm 00.1

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 1-3 (complete)

Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand 1-3

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics The Ultimates 1-2

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics X-Men 1-2

I believe that's all that has come out. Next week Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics The Ultimates 3 (of 3) comes out.

Ultimates 3 and Last Stand 4 are the ones out now not listed, yes?