The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

So in the new issue of Uncanny Avengers there's an Infinity Watch from the year 3193 .... that was actually in issue #16 but I don't remember that. Anyway, the members are (this doesn't spoil anything):

Uncanny-Avengers-22-Infinity-Watch-Guard

That's Immortus, Martinex, Adam Warlock, MAR-VELL !!!!, Yondu, Starkhawk, Vision with the Phoenix Power, Silver Surfer, and what looks like an Annihilus Nova ?

Holy shit I want a book about this group yesterday.

It's definitely not Richard Rider Nova, that's for sure. It's a shame that's an alternate time line team, because it's a pretty sweet one.

Can we talk about how great the Uncanny Avengers run has been? Because it has been a fucking great run. I just caught up yesterday after finishing Remender's run on Uncanny Avengers a few months ago. Holy shit, such a great continuation of the story.

• Like 1

It's definitely not Richard Rider Nova, that's for sure. It's a shame that's an alternate time line team, because it's a pretty sweet one.

Can we talk about how great the Uncanny Avengers run has been? Because it has been a fucking great run. I just caught up yesterday after finishing Remender's run on Uncanny Avengers a few months ago. Holy shit, such a great continuation of the story.

There's another shot that shows it is definitely the Annihilus get up (has the shoulder/neck thing too) .... which holy hell would be phenomenal.

FOUND IT:

Uncanny-Avengers-22-Spoilers-Iron-Nova.j

And yes, Uncanny Avengers has been wonderful. It is currently my 2nd longest sub after both X-O and Harbinger. LOVE what that book puts out every issue .... and makes me miss Uncanny X-Force (you know the one) all the more.

Remender has been shooting his way up my list of favorite writers lately, everything I've read of his recently has been high in my books. Loved his run on Secret Avengers. Loved his Venom, was so gutted it didn't last longer. Uncanny X-Force was obviously a modern day great. And Uncanny Avengers just picks up where he left of with X-Force, it really just hit the ground running and never stopped.

Going to check out his current run on Captain America next.

• Like 1

I am a huge Remender fan and I don't think anyone can touch his dialogue in hero books right now. Additionally, I don't think anyone takes better advantage of the rich tapestry of characters and wackiness in the Marvel U than Remender. He even made a loathed-by-many Fantomex into my favorite Marvel character (when he writes him anyways).

As said, Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers have both been excellent reads. Even his Venom and Secret Avengers runs were fun. Hopefully AXIS is goodness too (who am I kidding it's gonna be a melodramatic blast). I'm also hella psyched for that Avengers GN he's doing with Jerome Opena.

While on the Marvel tip- Hickman's Avengers are hitting his Fantastic Four run sweet spot for me where all the pieces are falling into place and humming along in perfect harmony. Especially New Avengers. If you dig Marvel and mind-bending sci-fi, you owe it to yourself to check those runs out.

Edited by cthemason

I read Emerald Twilight because I wanted to see Hal Jordan as a baddie. Now to continue I'm about to start in on Zero Hour:Crisis in Time. This is now my second big dip into 90's DC.

God, Mullet Superman is so weird looking. Did DC ever do some stupid 90's thing to Wonder Woman's costume?

The Superman annual from 91 is pretty awesome. One of the better "Superman goes off his rocker" stories I've seen.

Edited by Kirkland

God, Mullet Superman is so weird looking. Did DC ever do some stupid 90's thing to Wonder Woman's costume?

The Superman annual from 91 is pretty awesome. One of the better "Superman goes off his rocker" stories I've seen.

They replaced Diana with Artemis and gave Diana a new look for a few issues (don't know actually how long this lasted). Here:

Artemis_Wonder_Woman_004.jpg

I also believe the 90s were the height of the Wonder Wedgie, weren't they?

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Couple cool panels from the Ultimate Spider-Man that came out today. Don't look if you don't want to get a spoiler.

rorjym4.png

tHxzDUs.png

Regarding the Artemis as Wonder Woman thing, if I remember correctly her costume had a thong, which made it even worse.

I only owned one issue from that run, and only got it because Diana took on The Joker.

Edited by GhostMachine

I'm really enjoying what's going on with Hulk vs. Iron Man at the moment. Nothing all that groundbreaking, but it's well written and doing interesting things with characters who have been stale for a long time.

Wonder Woman's costume having a thong is like the most 90's thing I can imagine.

Actually no, only if the rest of the outfit was made up entirely of belts and chains.

So, basically, if she was wearing Thor's 90's costume, then?

Also, I don't think Artemis' WW costume was the only one with a thong, I think Diana's had a thong as well during that time period.

Just checked. It had.

cost_nov94.gif

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Ridiculous comic book outfits is the only thing I like about comics from that time period. The stories are mostly dreadful but god damn, I'll never get tired of seeing Liefield try and fit 16 abs on each character. That guy is just the worst.

• Like 1

They replaced Diana with Artemis and gave Diana a new look for a few issues (don't know actually how long this lasted). Here:

Artemis_Wonder_Woman_004.jpg

I also believe the 90s were the height of the Wonder Wedgie, weren't they?

Jesus fuck, what is going on with Diana's midsection there? I actually like the jacket part of that look though.