The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

So last week I've finished the X-Men vs. Avengers storyline, which I liked. But I haven't been into comics much so I don't have the knowledge if it's a good one or not.

Now I'm almost through Daredevil - The Man Without Fear - The Ultimate Collection. Which opened with a run which looked amazing, it's through the eyes of Ben Urich, that reporter. He wants to make a story about a kid who has seen his father (a bad guy) fight Daredevil.

And the second story that's in it is with the one were Kingpin is killed and a bounty has been set on Matt Murdock himself.

But I have question, I can order the Avengers Disassembled run, a Deadpool and Cable collection, House of M, Age of Ultron and Marvel Zombies.

Which of these should I read?

Cable & Deadpool. Age of Ultron was OK, The first Marvel Zombies series was very good but then it got boring, House of M wasn't anything special, I haven't Avengers Disassembled, but Cable & Deadpool is awesome. It was the comic that made me a Deadpool fan (only after reading a few issues would I get around to read Deadpool's series).

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat
  • Like 1

Okay, I know this is comic books and not comic strips, but I'm trying to find the Calvin & Hobbes strip where Watterson uses an incredibly large amount of the uses of the word "up". I've pored over The Complete Calvin & Hobbes and yet can't seem to have any luck finding it. Anybody have an idea about this?

Speaking of Bucky Barnes it's hilarious how often they use the 'he might be alive!' story in old Captain America issues (late 60's to early 70's).

It just alternates between that and 'I'm gonna be plain ol' Steve Rogers...but now the Red Skulls back!'.

Oh and the cosmic cube was such a shit part of early Cap. Its amazing how much better those stories become.

New Spider-Woman ongoing series for February 2015. Not Jessica Drew, however: Spider-Verse's Spider-Gwen!

(The link also has potential spoilers for Death of Wolverine and Thor, but it's nothing we didn't really know, though)

Honestly? I actually loved the book she was featured in, and I don't mind a ongoing for her at all. And since it's an alternate reality title, they have the freedom to do anything they want (it's what I loved about Exiles as well, massively different characters popping up everywhere). I'm excited for this one.

Am I the only one that doesn't like hoods on hero costumes besides Green Arrow? I see that Spider-Gwen costume and the hood just makes it look like a Spider-Woman costume a young teenager designed. I like Ultimate Spider-Woman's new Black Widow costume better but it never gets talked about as a cool costume.