The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Some of my favourite comics over the last few years that got me back in (and kept me into) comics:

Supergod by Warren Ellis

The Boys by Garth Ennis

Saga by Brian K. Vaughn & Fiona Staples

Manhattan Projects by Jonathan Hickman & Nick Pitarra

Batman (reboot) by Scott Snyder

Moon Knight (reboot) by Brian Michael Bendis

Uncannt X-Force by Rick Remender

The Incredible Hulk by Jason Aaron & Mark Silverstri (fun little run)

Über by Kieron Gillen

Anyone got any experience with the Valiant brand? Looking to check out their comics, but no idea where a good jumping on point would be.

I've been shilling Valiant consistently since they started up again.

XO and Harbinger are fantastic. XO starts a new arc with this month's issue (#30). Harbinger is middling at the moment due to an overarching Harada/Pete issue (that has its own mini at the moment). I love Rai too and it's only 4 issues in (issue #5 starts a new arc or at least a launching pad).

Bloodshot is good too and I've enjoyed the Unity book as well (it is starting a new arc this month with issue #12).

Plenty of love for Archer and Armstrong but I personally don't read it.

Plenty of people love Quantam and Woody but I didn't get into it the first time around, nor this time.

In December they're launching a self contained mini that looks pretty sweet and might give a pretty good idea as to the characters and their takes this time around: http://valiantuniverse.com/2014/07/11/jeff-lemire-matt-kindt-and-paolo-rivera-join-the-valiant-a-new-prestige-format-limited-series-beginning-in-december/

They'll also be starting a couple of new series in the next couple of months (Punk Mamob, Ivar - Timewalker, The One Percent, Divinity)

The trades are only 9.99 regardless of book, I believe, so it's pretty easy to pick up.

That's the best thing about Valiant ... it's all together.

There is some separation as you go from top to bottom in the "grand order" of things (such as XO down to what's going on in say Quantam and Woody) but it most certainly is all inclusive and a singular time/place/etc where events happen.

All of Marvel's teasers have been revealed; they're all a part of the new Battleworld that Secret Wars will take place on.

I'd assume there'll be a few one shots and limited series for each reality. But mostly, it's just going to be areas that Secret Wars will take place in. So, Iron Man might end up fighting Old Man Logan and so on. Or Falcon Cap taking on Iron Man from Civil War.

OK, Spider-Verse related Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker) question (spoiler'd because it's something that happens in this week's ASM #9):

At some point of the book, Mayday unmasks to 616 Peter and not only does he recognize her, calling her by name, she also says they've met before. When was this? I really don't recall them meeting each other in any story.

Any Spider-Girl fan out there who can help me out on this? I've been raking my brain but I really can't recall.

OK, Spider-Verse related Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker) question (spoiler'd because it's something that happens in this week's ASM #9):

At some point of the book, Mayday unmasks to 616 Peter and not only does he recognize her, calling her by name, she also says they've met before. When was this? I really don't recall them meeting each other in any story.

Any Spider-Girl fan out there who can help me out on this? I've been raking my brain but I really can't recall.

Is it the Spyral storyline where he's trying to go through dimensions ?

• Like 1

Is it the Spyral storyline where he's trying to go through dimensions ?

I've checked that storyline out, could very well be. Thanks!

• Like 1

10484567_10205276708586679_3515156706639

64350_10205276709506702_4170267043136416

Got 'em back ! LOVE the labels and casings. Fantastic job and service from these guys. There's an active community on facebook as well. Still

have my ASM 41 and 50 as well as Iron Fist 1 to come back. Overly happy with the Mr Miracle and GR grades. TOD I thought looked better than

the GR to be honest. Also, there's FREE GRADERS NOTES ! I'm already getting a larger group together to send off as my Christmas Present

to myself. If any of you are interested in the facebook community or the service in general let me know. I won't use CGC, ever. These guys blow

their doors off.