The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Oft-asked question.

After devouring the current releases of Hawkeye vol.4 (can't wait for the finale, and the new Hawkeye serial) and loving every page of it, I'm jumping into Widow vol. 5

Since I love me some Marvel, what are some more good serials or volumes with fun-to-read heroes. Preferably underpowered (Widow isn't really that, but at least she's somewhat humanized next to her shenanigans) ''ordinary'' heroes, ala Hawkeye.

Really love the down-to-earth approach Hawkeye vol. 4 did, and I want to read more in that style. Preferably from the last few years.

Got freaked out that my Spider-Gwen hasn't arrived yet - ordered another one. >_>

This was a good week for pulls, I think every comic I got was one that I try to stay up to date with on release, rather than waiting for a few issues to pile up.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone give me a spoiler free(As possible) idea of what DC is doing? I saw something on /r/Comicbooks that seemed Clusterfucky. I haven't read anything since September when I got tired of reading on my Laptop. I'll have something else to read on soon so I'll be looking to catch up on my books. I just wanna know if I'm going to be pissed off after I catch up on Futures End and Earth 2.

Edited by Kirkland

Can someone give me a spoiler free(As possible) idea of what DC is doing? I saw something on /r/Comicbooks that seemed Clusterfucky. I haven't read anything since September when I got tired of reading on my Laptop. I'll have something else to read on soon so I'll be looking to catch up on my books. I just wanna know if I'm going to be pissed off after I catch up on Futures End and Earth 2.

They're doing the Convergence event .... and in June will have 24 (i think) current titles continue and also launch 24 (I think) new titles as well.

.... still no Captain Marvel/Shazam book, so fuck DC. Although, they're going to try a hip Dr Fate type (college kid gets handed the helmet) that I might look at.

Charles Soule will be writing "All New, All Different Avengers" for FCBD this year. Not exactly confirmation, but might be telling of who they're giving Avengers to once Hickman wraps up Secret Wars.

I mean, I like Soule's writing well enough, but that'll make like 4 titles the guy is on for Marvel alone. Wolverines, Inhuman, Uncanny Inhumans and Avengers. Inhuman is great and Uncanny Inhumans could be too, but Wolverines has been less than stellar so far. Hopefully if they're giving him Avengers, Inhuman doesn't take a quality hit too.

No wonder the guy signed an exclusivity deal, Marvel is throwing him all the titles. >_>

Marvel Unlimited gets brought up quite a bit here and I've been a subscriber for a while. I'm sure I could find out by just starting it, but would there be any interest in a separate Reading Club thread? And if there were one to be started, any suggestions on how things to read should be chosen? I've never been a part of a book club before, or had anyone to discuss comics with. I suppose to avoid numerous posts of "yeah I'd be interested" simply liking this post would be a good indication, but again, structure suggestions appreciated if there is interest

Edited by I Diem
  • Like 1

I mean, I feel like I've gotten through 90% of Marvel's last decade, but I'd definitely be up for some discussion and suggesting. There's a ton of fucking great runs that most people don't check out.

• Like 1