The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Is there a good free price guide somewhere? I probably dont have anything too great in my personal books but I am curious.

The thing with these price guids is that you still have to find someone that pays you their price. The lesson i learned when doing this is that with 99,9% of the single issue comics i own (and this includes some variant covers) i can be happy when getting more than 50 cent to 2€. (and 2€ is like a jackpot on things that in priceguids were 10+€)

Ultimate Comics: Ultimates is awesome. Reed Richards as Kang the Conqueror? Awesome. I really didn't like the way they were going with the Ultimate Marvel Universe for a long time and I still think some of what they've done is beyond stupid, including killing off characters that just shouldn't be, but Ultimate Comics has been pretty solid so far. At least Ultimates has, I haven't read Spider-Man and I don't care for their new X-Men. It's stopped suffering from one of the major problems that Ultimate Marvel always had; which is that they want to redo some of the great storylines so much, it felt like they rushed and condensed one major story after another.

So, finished Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe. It's weird how many "alternate reality" stories Marvel writes about Deadpool just going even farther off the deep end than he already is. Then again, the guy basically ended Secret Invasion, messed up the dynamics of the Dark Avengers... dude is involved in way more stories than he has any right to have.

As for the Ultimate Universe, as I only read Ultimate Spidey, I was totally lost. Issue 12, no major issues except for Miles tangling with some baddies. Issue 13

the whole country has gone to hell

Is Kick Ass 2 any good? I don't really read many comics at all but I just finished the first one and enjoyed it. Only thing stopping me from buying it straight away is, if it's anything like the first one, it won't take very long at all to read so maybe isn't worth spending £10 on right now unless it is really worth it.

The only other graphic novel I've read was Watchmen which I loved. Are there any others like this that I should check out? I can see myself getting really into the whole genre so any 'classics' would be appreciated.

Is Kick Ass 2 any good? I don't really read many comics at all but I just finished the first one and enjoyed it. Only thing stopping me from buying it straight away is, if it's anything like the first one, it won't take very long at all to read so maybe isn't worth spending £10 on right now unless it is really worth it.

The only other graphic novel I've read was Watchmen which I loved. Are there any others like this that I should check out? I can see myself getting really into the whole genre so any 'classics' would be appreciated.

New Frontiers is a darker look at the Justice League that I got Watchmen vibes off of while reading. I believe it is the same writer that is on some of the Before Watchmen comics out now also and New Frontiers is available in trade so you may like that.

Edited by Trench

Yeah, I got through the first Kick Ass in just an hour or so and the sequel seems to be a similar length. I'll probably wait a little while before buying it. Can't really justify spending a tenner on it just yet.

I assume the New Frontier is this one, Trench: http://www.amazon.co.uk/DC-v-1-The-New-Frontier/dp/1401203507/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347101192&sr=8-3? It seems pretty interesting.

I need a bit of help/explanation. I bought a couple of comics the other day (old Spider-Man ones) and really enjoyed them and I have loved pretty much every superhero movie released in the past few years, so I want to get a few comics. I want to get comics of the movies I really like, like Batman, Captain America, Spider-Man. So it seems perfect with this New 52 from DC that I won't be too far behind kind of thing. But there are like four Batman comics. And I think four Spider-Man ones too. :wacko: Any help on which ones I should get?

Amazing Spiderman is the main Spidey book, Avenging Spiderman is stand alone stories where he teams up with a different hero each issue, Ultimate Spiderman is a completely different universe and has nothing to do with the first two and I think thats all of them. Hope that helped a little. I might know more if you need it. Only about Spiderman though

Amazing Spiderman is the main Spidey book, Avenging Spiderman is stand alone stories where he teams up with a different hero each issue, Ultimate Spiderman is a completely different universe and has nothing to do with the first two and I think thats all of them. Hope that helped a little. I might know more if you need it. Only about Spiderman though

Thanks!

I need a bit of help/explanation. I bought a couple of comics the other day (old Spider-Man ones) and really enjoyed them and I have loved pretty much every superhero movie released in the past few years, so I want to get a few comics. I want to get comics of the movies I really like, like Batman, Captain America, Spider-Man. So it seems perfect with this New 52 from DC that I won't be too far behind kind of thing. But there are like four Batman comics. And I think four Spider-Man ones too. :wacko: Any help on which ones I should get?

The Batman comics problem you have is quite easily solved, get either Detective Comics or Batman New 52. Don't bother with The Dark Knight or whatever the other one is. Marvel is actually doing a semi-reboot/clean slate of all their comics, including Spider-Man (I think) starting between October and November, so you could start reading from issue 1. Otherwise, I'd say go buy some story collections. You can get some quite good ones like all of the Clone Saga for £15.

Are they really redoing Spiderman? That sucks. I think the higher numbers are neat. Are they rebooting the story too? Because fuck that

From what I understand, it's not really anything too bad, just that when they wrap up the current story, they'll be starting with a fresh new one with a new number. I think the artists and writers are all being shifted around too. I imagine the whole Issue 1 thing is more just to get new readers to see it and be like "Hey! I can start from the start! That's awesome!". Which works for me, as it's been a pain trying to jump into series so late.

There's some interesting new stuff though. Uncanny Avengers (Avengers/X-Men team) and the new Daredevil 8 Issue called "End of Days" looks pretty awesome. Though I'm worried they're going to kill Matt Murdock. :( There's a new Iron Man and Thor series too and a new Deadpool one, but nothing much is known about those.

Spidey isn't going to be reset for at least another seven issues (they promised #700) so you've got until next year. I like Batman & Robin along with Detective and the main Bat title, but yeah, TDK and Batman Inc. could probably be skipped.

Can anyone recommend a good Droid app for comics?

ComiXology comes to mind, I think it is on Droid also.

Yes, they are on every major platform and they deliver a quality product.

Are they really redoing Spiderman? That sucks. I think the higher numbers are neat. Are they rebooting the story too? Because fuck that

Why would you even care about that after they erased half of what happened in the characters history?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane