The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

How much does a regular issue cost over there? If you had all of those on your pull list, and current conversion calculations are accurate, you'd actually be paying £1.50 more. Provided of course that in the UK, pull lists mean you get a 20% discount.

Unless it's £25 with tax, in which case, go for it.

I'm just happy that the end of the current Deadpool run doesn't mean the end of Deadpool as a comic title.

I have no idea, I don't have a pull list as I don't have a local comic book store. I get all my stuff from ebay, which is usually in the £2.50 to £3 range. Which means I'm getting it for around the same price as separate, if not a few pounds cheaper. And they'd all turn up at once, which is a plus.

It's the New Nova, Sam Alexander, who showed up at the very start of Avengers Vs. X-Men to try and warn Earth about the Phoenix Force. No explanation on how he got the Nova Corps Helmet or anything, yet. Seems like he's going to be an earth bound hero now. I really don't like it. If they were going to bring Nova back, they should've brought back Richard Rider. Seeing as Peter Quill can apparently survive an entire galaxy collapsing on him, I don't see why Nova couldn't. >_>

Read Marvel Seige. Liked it alot.

Marvel's more violent than I remember it and I really liked it. They killed off a few people in this and the panel where Sentry kills Ares genuinely gave me chills, which has rarely happened in a comic book before.

I enjoy like the events that pull all the superheroes together. I know it's set before, but I'm gonna finally read Civil War. I've read parts, but never the whole graphic novel. Two issues in and it's good fun.

Other than Ultimate Spiderman, are there any other Spiderman books you guys recommend? I heard really good things about Ultimate Spiderman and wanted to see what else was worth getting.

Also how good is Superman Red Son and Birthright? Someone recommended them to me, and I was wondering what you guys thought.

Honestly, if you don't mind all the dated '60s aspects, I still love the original Stan Lee/Steve Ditko/John Romita Spider-Man run. It's great serial fun.

Red Son is great. Never read birthright.

Birthright is only if you have never read a Superman origin story. However, if you haven't bought Birthright yet, get Superman: Earth One - Vol. 1. Much more interesting as an origin, and Vol. 2 is coming out soon.

But yeah, Red Son is classic, for so many reasons.

I'll check out Earth one, so far I've read both All Star Superman, For all seasons, Braniac and Last Son, all of which were great, I never been into Superman much, but those books were great, so I'm looking to see what else you guys recommend.