The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

also, I want to read more Doctor Strange. Is there a particular arc or novel which is good?

Anything that Brunner did (Marvel Premier '72-'73 and DR Strange: Master of the Mystic Arts 1,2,4,5 from '74 I believe).

"The Essential" Dr Strange captures the Dikto/Lee stuff and is simply phenomenal.

Dr Strange/Dr Doom: Triumph and Torment is a great read also.

Trying Doom/Strange for now and then I'll try and pick up the Dikto stuff. Cheers!

Also a friend gave me the new 52 versions of Batman & Superman both volume 1, so I'm gonna give them a read too. Already started the Batman one.

Is that the Night of the Owls thing? I really enjoyed that. I'm waiting on issue 12.

Nah, Night of Owls started with Batman 8 or 9. 1-6 is something else, can't recall what and I'm not in the mood to go digging through my collection to figure it out.

Nah, Night of Owls started with Batman 8 or 9. 1-6 is something else, can't recall what and I'm not in the mood to go digging through my collection to figure it out.

1-6 led up to it, he fought the owls in the later issues. I remember 1 because Batman and Alfred beat up all the villains, but it basically jumped into the build to Night of Owls from there. I think 3 is our first real look at them?

I just got an email from Amazon. I preordered The Walking Dead: "The Cutting Room Floor" in March. This is the fifth time at least they have changed the release date. It was originally going to be out in July of this year I believe. Now it just moved up from August 2013 to July 2013. Insane!

So, my Marvel NOW comics have started coming in: first up... Iron Man #1 and Deadpool #1!

Iron Man was pretty good. I enjoy the art but the story is a little... let's lightly reintroduce the major points of Iron Man for the new readers! Which, you know, good business strategy for selling copies to new readers but it's kind of boring to the long time readers. Still, not bad at all, I'll pick the next one up and keep with it until it gets too samey.

Deadpool was okay, I have a love/hate relationship with Deadpool. Like, I love the character, hate a lot of the stories in his comics. This... kind of borders on the same. I like the idea that he has these ridiculous adventures in a world that exists in the same continuity as guys like Thor and Cap, but the stuff with the reanimated dead presidents didn't do much for me at all. I think this'll be a miss for me. Mrs. TKz is probably going to follow Deadpool anyway, so if I feel the need, I can jump back in that way.

I'll keep you guys posted as more arrive.

I hated Deadpool. I know some people didn't like how Way wrote him but I was really into that series. This was just kinda dumb. Wont be buying issue 2.

Also I found a description of the Superior Spiderman and it sounds odd. Really freaks me out about how Amazing might be ending. I LOVE Spidey. He may be my favorite and it sounds like they are fucking his stuff up in a really weird way.

Anyone else read Uncanny Avengers yet ?

I'm waiting for Thunderbolts (despite the lineup I'm hoping the 'aura' of the book is the same so I'll be giving it a chance), Cable & X-Force.

Looking to check out Iron Man, but glad someone posted about Deadpool. Disappointing to hear but figures. I'll pick up the issue just to have the #1 though.

I've got Uncanny Avengers on it's way too. I was actually quite excited for the Thunderbolts team, I haven't read much other Thunderbolts stuff though, so I don't know why that group is a bad lineup? I'm probably the most excited for GotG and Nova, but I'm pretty sure at least one of those two is going to be a horrifying let down.

Oh well. I'll always have Captain Marvel.

I liked Deadpool way more than any of the Daniel Way bullshit. It wasn't great, but I love the Dead Presidents thing mostly because I'm a sucker for presidential history so dumb gags like the two-page spread appeal to me :P

I don't know if I'll stick with it for any extended period of time, though.

So I put both Superman: Earth One volumes on my Christmas list because I loved Batman: Earth One. Can't afford to get them myself these days.

Having read Deadpool, I'm feeling a little like Marvel NOW is going to leave me feeling maligned. Honestly, it seemed like Deadpool, it sounded like Deadpool, but it didn't feel like Deadpool. I miss the old storyline, you know? If this is where the rest of the series are going, I'm going to probably become a DC only reader, with a few exceptions for IDW.

Is there a decent website that posts like, lists of what the next comics out each week/previous/next week are? I feel like that'd be very helpful considering how much of a pain it's become to figure out when the next issue of Ultimates comes out.

Is there a decent website that posts like, lists of what the next comics out each week/previous/next week are? I feel like that'd be very helpful considering how much of a pain it's become to figure out when the next issue of Ultimates comes out.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/103 New releases tells you the release for the week.