The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

AA #1 wasn't bad. I love the old school villian angle though, so ...

Haven't made up my mind on Fantastic Four, Iron Man or Thor yet so they're looking like a 5-10 issue trial to make a full judgement.

Uncanny Avengers is looking like it'll be put on the scrip list for a while.

Apparently the artist for Uncanny Avengers is notorious for being late and that is why there are large gaps between the issues. I really enjoy Thor so far though, a different look with the three different time period Thors and I like the creepy villain.

Yes, I heard Uncanny Avengers #2 had been delayed because of artist, John Cassaday. However, I read he's leaving the title after #4 and being replaced by Daniel Acuña in #6, Olivier Coipel will be guest artist on #5. So hopefully that ends the delay problems.

So apparently Gail Simone has been let go over at DC.

The editors are fucking assholes, and this isn't the first time it's been shown. Letting Static Shock have its main writing controlled by somebody who had no sense of the character, ending Justice League International in a way that was basically deus ex machina except that the only problem it solved was, "How do we make the end of this series make sense?", getting rid of quite a few characters for the sake of properly establishing a viable time line, and now, releasing the head writer of Batgirl even though she was brilliant at it, and in spite of the early fan hate, the book has been doing decent sales.

Worst part? Gail was let go via e-mail. Not even an in-person meeting, just an e-mail saying that she can stop writing issue #16 of Batgirl, as she was no longer a writer for DC Comics. This wasn't even a corporate decision, this was an editorial one.

Come the end of Death of the Family, I'm dropping the book, because I doubt any new writer is going to make me continue to accept Babs as an acceptable replacement to Stephanie Brown in any way, shape, or form.

So apparently Gail Simone has been let go over at DC.

The editors are fucking assholes, and this isn't the first time it's been shown. Letting Static Shock have its main writing controlled by somebody who had no sense of the character, ending Justice League International in a way that was basically deus ex machina except that the only problem it solved was, "How do we make the end of this series make sense?", getting rid of quite a few characters for the sake of properly establishing a viable time line, and now, releasing the head writer of Batgirl even though she was brilliant at it, and in spite of the early fan hate, the book has been doing decent sales.

Worst part? Gail was let go via e-mail. Not even an in-person meeting, just an e-mail saying that she can stop writing issue #16 of Batgirl, as she was no longer a writer for DC Comics. This wasn't even a corporate decision, this was an editorial one.

Come the end of Death of the Family, I'm dropping the book, because I doubt any new writer is going to make me continue to accept Babs as an acceptable replacement to Stephanie Brown in any way, shape, or form.

Funny you say that now, because she has been put back on the book. She tweeted she has been rehired as the Batgirl writer and that is was not a hoax, the internet won.

I'm actually enjoying All New XMen.

Thunderbolts is also a nice surprise (only 2 issues in).

Overall I'm enjoying the Marvel reboot more than the DC Reboot (although I've still not had Detective Comics or Batman and have just gotten my 1-10 of Nightwing). Still, even if I really enjoy those 3, the new DC stuff won't hold a candle to the Marvel stuff ... which is way behind the Valient stuff in my opinion.

ASM 700 issent to bad for what the book seems to be these days. But as a comic reader your just forced to believe they will backpadel on this sooner rather than later, it feels much more than one little arc rather than the big lasting change that is emphasised by rebooting.

I am dreading picking up Amazing 700 so much! I haven't read one since the one I complained about a few weeks ago. I wanted to grab the rest up to 700 in one shot so I didnt have to sit around wondering I'll just know if I hate it or not.

Honestly, you don't miss that much. 699 was mainly

explaining how the switch happened (I was right

:D) and Peter breaking out from prison, setting up for 700

and 699.1 was set-up for Morbius #1, featuring Morbius's escape from Ryker's and a look at his infancy and events that turned him into the living vampire. If you want to pick something up, pick 699, as whilst it's not essential, there are some things in 700 that could make you go "huh?" if you didn't read it. 699.1 is only for Morbius fans, quite frankly.

And regarding 700... Yeah, I don't think this will last that long.

I can see them bringing back Peter Parker in time for the next movie, kind of like they did with Captain America. Still, I really liked the issue, but I'm honestly kind of torn. I really don't know what to expect of Doc Ock in Peter's body, and truth be told, the whole romance thing with MJ kind of leaves me uncomfortable. Oh well, I still maintain faith in Slott.

I am dreading picking up Amazing 700 so much! I haven't read one since the one I complained about a few weeks ago. I wanted to grab the rest up to 700 in one shot so I didnt have to sit around wondering I'll just know if I hate it or not.

Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 is pretty much the next issue of Amazing. It picks up the threads left at the end of Amazing 700 immediately and bridges the gap to Superior 1.

Hey, what do you expect? Marvel has been shitting all over Peter Parker bigtime ever since the Clone Saga.

If there's any one character who deserves to have chunks of continuity tossed out (especially most of JMS's run), its Spider-Man.

Just read Batman: Earth One. I thought it was an interesting take on the origins of The Batman. I thought Batman/Wayne seemed a lot more vulnerable than he did in Year One, which I liked. He was also a lot clumsier, which made sense. I'm looking forward to the second installment of the story arc, which I believe will be out some time in 2013. Oh and bad ass Alfred. Awesome.