The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Does anyone know anywhere good to get a regular order from online? Preferably delivered bagged and boarded for not much more than cover price?

I really don't like my local store owner and feel he doesn't deserve my business.

With the new launch I may just be able to get back in to comixxx

Thinking I may grab nearly all the new no.1's and see where it goes.

Are you US or UK? In the UK, I buy everything from eBay and always have, usually shows up between Wednesday of release and Saturday. Sometimes on the Monday after at worst. Best sellers are comic-biz-store and rybac. Avoid using disposableherocomics unless you HAVE to, as I've had issues in the past with comics not showing up. They replaced them, but still.

Does anyone know anywhere good to get a regular order from online? Preferably delivered bagged and boarded for not much more than cover price?

I really don't like my local store owner and feel he doesn't deserve my business.

With the new launch I may just be able to get back in to comixxx

Thinking I may grab nearly all the new no.1's and see where it goes.

Are you US or UK? In the UK, I buy everything from eBay and always have, usually shows up between Wednesday of release and Saturday. Sometimes on the Monday after at worst. Best sellers are comic-biz-store and rybac. Avoid using disposableherocomics unless you HAVE to, as I've had issues in the past with comics not showing up. They replaced them, but still.

Thanks bruv. My local is just arrogant and has a huge chip on his shoulder... He's also kinda a paedo

What are you using to read it Ollie? I want to sign up myself but it was a little awkward on mobile last time I used it.

iPad Air 2, works like a charm.
Yeah I think they must have different Smart Panel templates for IPad and Android. I've had stuff that's unreadable using smart panels on my tablet, but done perfectly on the iPad.

I've reached Secret Wars in my read through (1984/5) and so far it's...underwhelming. Still another 8 issues of the 12 to go though so fingers crossed.

So I got Marvel Unlimited and it is phenomenal.

I started off with all of Avengers Dissassembled and loved (almost) every moment of it, and now I'm using this list to get me through to House of M. I'm just wondering what of that lot is essential reading? I'm assuming everything X-Men/Avengers related because of how important House of M is to that, and I'm planning on reading anything Spider-Man/Punisher/Deadpool related because I love them. But what else is essential and what can be completely skipped?

I mean, I haven't read House of M for ages because it's not really top of my crossover list, but I seem to remember the Wolverine stuff is really good.

What are you using to read it Ollie? I want to sign up myself but it was a little awkward on mobile last time I used it.

iPad Air 2, works like a charm.
Yeah I think they must have different Smart Panel templates for IPad and Android. I've had stuff that's unreadable using smart panels on my tablet, but done perfectly on the iPad.

I've reached Secret Wars in my read through (1984/5) and so far it's...underwhelming. Still another 8 issues of the 12 to go though so fingers crossed.

It's proper shit.

Just finished it. Your absolutely right, pretty poor. Everything ended pretty much where it began, it may as well have all been a dream. Even the big two things where underwhelming - Spiderman getting the black suit and Dr Dooms fate (which I expect to be nullified inside the next 10 issues of Fantastic Four).

Not sure why it's so disappointing given Thor, ASM, Avengers, X Men amd several others are on an upswing at this point? I can only assume Jim Shooter was a much better editor than writer.

Vertigo Launching 12 New Titles (4 per month) Starting in October  HELL YES .... LOVE Vertigo and the vast majority of the stuff under this imprint kicks the pants off of the majority of the other stuff out there. 

Playing on the tropes of 80s horror movies, the series takes six survivors of different terrifying experiences — a killer doll, a slasher, a haunted house, a Japanese horror tale, an encounter with creepy neighbors, and a trip through an arcade machine into hell — and brings them together as a club of 'chosen ones'.

Debuting in October.

Read More: Vertigo Unveils 12 New Titles for 2015 | http://comicsalliance.com/vertigo-new-titles-2015/?trackback=tsmclip

Playing on the tropes of 80s horror movies, the series takes six survivors of different terrifying experiences — a killer doll, a slasher, a haunted house, a Japanese horror tale, an encounter with creepy neighbors, and a trip through an arcade machine into hell — and brings them together as a club of 'chosen ones'.

Debuting in October.

Read More: Vertigo Unveils 12 New Titles for 2015 | http://comicsalliance.com/vertigo-new-titles-2015/?trackback=tsmclip

Debuting in October.

Does anyone in the UK here use Comixology? I want to fill some gaps in my Batman stuff but some of the less popular stuff is between £35-50 on Amazon.

I'd rather have the physical thing, but would go digital for a fraction of the price. 

Edited by ZJ Penn

I use Comixology fairly regularly and it is definitely worth it and because they are all newer books they fit to screen perfectly. The also tend to have Batman sales fairly regularly as well with each issue at about 69p or something.

I however absolutely hate the new version of the app, they messed around with the organisation so while before it was straight forward to see what was on your phone, what had been read and what hadn't and the same book series was grouped together, not it's quite messy and requires some fiddling around to get right.

Let's Talk Comics and Fat Man on Batman.

Also the X-Men audio drama is great but that's something else entirely.

Edited by Kirkland

Ongoing?  missed that part in the release I saw ...

... while normally this prospect would be right up my alley, I'm not sure about it (not in of itself mind you) with how thin the character is already going to be.  Parker is going to be 'grown up' finally in the new ASM, and of course being the mentor/helper/whatever type to Miles in SM, he's still going to be an Avenger, we'll get teenage Parker in Spidey, and now we're going to get slapstick SM in this?

I love SM but he's quickly going the route of 90's over saturation.  It's like they can't make up their mind about him and it really blows given how great the end of ASM, Superior, and the re-intro of Parker was. 

The only site I saw regarding this was the one I linked to in my post, and it says it's an ongoing. They could very well be wrong though, I was very surprised when I read it was an ongoing. Even if it's not, I think it'll be great, I pretty much loved every time they interacted in a comic (when it's not a huge event, when it's something in their own books), and I fully trust Joe Kelly to make this work.

So, anyone read "Johnny the homicidal maniac"? It's being suggested to me because I thought the new Invader Zim book looked good.