The Arrested Development Fan Thread

Toe

Arrested Development - Pilot Part One

Arrested Development - Pilot Part Two

Arrested Development - Pilot Part Three

Anyone who hasn't seen it can watch that. It's the extended first episode, it's awesome and sets you up for the rest of the series if you decide you like it enough to buy it.

Gob performs a magic trick!

And the link above shows why Gob was amazing.

Edited by desiredtoe

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No news on a UK release of Season Three yet. Bah.

This thread has inspired me to re-watch season one (and season two when I get it back of a mate). Its just as awesome as I remembered.

That's the one thing that I would mark this show slightly down for, and definitely one reason why it never got good ratings, it's a hard show to get into. I started watching during the 2nd season, and it took me about a month before I understood what was happening and who was who, and it wasn't until I got the 1st season on DVD that I understood all the jokes. Once you get into it though, the pay-off is big.

Tobias is the best. Bar none.

"O-kay, who'd like a banger in the mouth?"

"Tobias, you blowhard."

"Oh, I've been in the film business for a while, but I just can't seem to get one in the can."

"I wouldn't mind kissing that man between the cheeks"

"Michael, you are not quite the ladies man I had pictured. Hopefully, we will remedy that when we are in the spa spreading body chocolate on each other."

"Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

"Ah, yes. The "Bob Loblaw Law Blog". You, sir, are a mouthful."

"I am here to see the magic."

"I'm looking for something that says 'Dad likes leather'."

"Well, let's just say that I'm buy-curious."

"A squirt of frosting down the throat helps to take your medication / In the most delicious way..."

Oh God, I love this show.

Nah, Gob is the best character IMO. Though Michael and George Michael are up there.

One of the good things about the show though is that there are no bad characters, and everyone is good, and played well.

Okay, I have to tack on one more quote.

Tobias: OH MY GOD!! WE'RE HAVING A FIRE.... sale. OH THE BURNING! IT BURNS ME! EVACUATE ALL THE SCHOOL CHILDREN!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Amaaaaaaazing Graaaaaaaace! You can't even see where the knob is!

*lying on ground*

Roger Danish: Um... would you like to try that a little... simpler.. maybe.

Tobias: .. No.

Edited by crazedfan

I love Arrested Development, such a shame it got cancelled I was just starting to really appreciate it.

I loved how in the last season Lyndsay just changed to wanting to do Micheal, just because she was adopted.

And Gob is king!

Gob: Take off your glasses. Oh...wait, wait. Let down your hair. No, glasses on, hair back up. Let's just get that hair right back up.

Kitty: Let me turn the lights off.

Gob: Yes, yes, please.

Kitty: How's that? Is that better?

Gob: It just seems like there's still light coming in from under the door.

I love the running gags. Even the one's that aren't so explicit.

The best example I can find is that NO one finds Lindsay never really ends up with any guys. Everytime she tries for a guy, there is a misconception or Lindsay fucks it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...