The Curse: A story of the Smackdown! brand.

ROZAY

UPN Presents: Friday Night Smackdown!

Taped on August 15th, 2006 - to be aired on August 18th, 2006

From the MCI Center in Washington, D.C

[We open up with another video package, which shows the ending to the Batista/Mr. Kennedy match at the Great American Bash, with Batista busting Kennedy open and Kennedy winning the bout via disqualification. We then see the highlights from the number one contender's match. The conclusion is shown of the grueling bout, with Kennedy and King Booker, who he made plans with earlier in the show, double team the Animal. Booker went to swing a chair at Batista... only for the big man to duck, and for the King to nail Kennedy instead, busting him open. After taking it to the King, and destroying Kennedy with the steel chair followed by a Batista Bomb, the ref notices the blood and awards the match to Batista. We get the final shot of the night, with Batista motioning that the World title belt will be around his waist to King Booker.

The opening video and music plays, and the cameras pan into the arena. After an impressive pyro display, the cameras zoom all around, showing various signs, as the fans go wild for the beginning of the show.]

Michael Cole: "Just 48 hours away, two days from the biggest party of the summer, and Smackdown! comes to you from the MCI Center in Washington, D.C, our nation's capital. Welcome ladies and gentlemen, I'm Michael Cole and joined with me always is JBL..."

JBL: "The one and only... ANNOUNCING GAWD!"

Cole: "... And what a night we have in store for you folks. Batista returns to his home of Washington, D.C to sign the contract with King Booker for their match for the World Heavyweight title this Sunday!"

JBL: "And as always Michael Cole, Smackdown! is the land of opportunity. Tonight, there's gonna be a 10-man battle royal, with the winner facing the man who loves to fight, Finlay, at Summerslam."

Cole: "Looks like the man who loves to fight is really going to have to have some fight in him, as not only will he defend the U.S title, but the WWE Tag Team titles with William Regal in a re-match from a couple of weeks ago against Paul London & Brian Kendrick."

[suddenly, "Booyaka 6-1-9" hits the speakers, as the crowd rises to their feet again. A pyro goes off on the upper level of the stage, as Rey Mysterio jumps up.]

Cole: "And we're kicking things off with the former World champion, Rey Mysterio!"

[Mysterio walks down the steps, and slaps hands with the crowd. He makes his way to the ring, and hops in. He hops on the turnbuckle, saluting the fans in appreciation when... his music is cut off, and replaced with the music of one Sylvan! The Quebec Ambassador walks out to heavy boos. He has a microphone, and sporting his trademark blue robe.]

Sylvan: "Pardon me... excuse me..."

[The crowd continues to boo the French-Canadian.]

Sylvan: "Will you SHUT UP?!"

[More boos.]

Sylvan: "Thank you! Now, I have to say, I'm not happy to be here. I mean, who wants to wrestle in the capital of the United States? Hell, we should all be at the White House protesting the impeachment of George Bush!"

[That actually gets a small pop, somehow. Some idiot tries to start a "Bush" chant, but that goes nowhere. Sylvan makes his way to ringside, and walks up the ringsteps. He walks on the ring apron, continuing to talk.]

Sylvan: "And look who I have to face. Rey freakin' Mysterio! You know what Rey? I don't BLAME Chavo Guerrero for doing what he did to you. Infact, if the late great Eddie Guerrero was my uncle, and you were using his legacy to further your career, I'd-"

[sylvan steps foot in the ring, and never gets to finish his sentence, as Mysterio connects with a dropkick to the face! The crowd pops, as the bell rings, and the match gets underway.]

Singles Match

Rey Mysterio vs. Sylvan

The dropkick sends the French man flying out of the ring. Mysterio grabs the top rope, as Sylvan shakes his head and stands up. He looks up... to see Mysterio flying over the top rope! The two go crashing to the arena floor, as the crowd cheers. Mysterio grabs Sylvan by the head, and begins punching away at the French man. The ref begins a ten count, as Mysterio lifts up Sylvan, and rolls him into the ring. He quickly nails a seated kick into the face of Sylvan, and goes for the cover. 1... kickout. Mysterio grabs the blue rope, and rips it off Sylvan's body. He tosses it over the top rope, and begins kicking away at Sylvan. Mysterio whips Sylvan into the corner, but Sylvan reverses, sending Mysterio crashing into the turnbuckle. Sylvan takes a bit of time to recover, before charging at the former World champion. Sensing Sylvan's attack beforehand, Mysterio gets the boots up, sending Sylvan staggering into the middle of the ring. Mysterio charges, and goes for the twirl-a-whirl headscissors... only for Sylvan to catch him, and plant him with a backbreaker! The crowd falls flat, as Sylvan goes into the cover. 1... 2.... Mysterio gets the shoulder up.

Sylvan begins to go to work, kicking and slapping Mysterio in the face a few times, before lifting him up. He sets him up, and nails a quick suplex. Sylvan then stands up, and shakes, mocking Mysterio, as well as the late Eddie Guerrero. The crowd boos the hell out of that, as Sylvan picks up Mysterio again. He whips him into the ropes, and plants the 5'6", 165lb Mysterio with a powerslam! He hooks the leg... 1...... 2...... kickout! Sylvan looks frustrated, and points three fingers in the ref's face. The ref responds by holding up two, as Sylvan lifts up Mysterio by his chin. Mysterio quickly hits some forearms in Sylvan's gut, and a few kicks to the knees before attempting to run into the ropes. Sylvan grabs at the mask of Mysterio, however, and pulls, sending him crashing to the canvas! Sylvan drops a quick elbow across the chest of Mysterio, and goes into another cover. 1...... 2...... another kick out! Cole rants about Sylvan's act, and how he has no business in what's going on with Mysterio & Chavo Guerrero. JBL goes on a typical tirade about Canadians, as Sylvan grabs the arm of Mysterio, and locks in a modified dragon sleeper! Mysterio tries to wiggle out of it, but Sylvan applies more pressure, causing Mysterio to slowly fade away. The ref asks if he wants to quick, but Mysterio doesn't respond. He raises the former champ's arm once....... and it falls. He raises it a second time........... and it falls again. He raises it a third time...................

.............................. NO!! Mysterio gets it up!

The crowd goes wild, as the "Eddie!" chants begin to fill the arena. Mysterio pushes his way to his feet, and elbows Sylvan in the gut. Sylvan finally breaks the hold, and Mysterio charges into the ropes. He turns around, and puts his legs around Sylvan's abdomen. Sylvan grabs his legs in instinct, and Mysterio touches the mat, rises up... and nails a bulldog! The crowd pops, as both men lay on the canvas, down and out. The ref begins his ten count, as both men stir around. At seven, both men are up, and begin trading right hands. Mysterio somehow gets the advantage, and runs into the ropes. Sylvan goes for a clothesline, but Mysterio slides on the mat and goes between the legs of the French man. Mysterio quickly gets up, as Sylvan charges. Mysterio drops to the mat, drop toe holds Sylvan... right into the ropes! Mysterio quickly gets up, as Cole states that Mysterio's gearing for the 6-1-9. He goes against the ropes, charges... and nails the 6-1-9! Wait... no! Sylvan caught his legs! Sylvan pulls Mysterio into the ring, and in a swift move, hoist the little man on his shoulders. He stops to yell at the crowd, allowing Mysterio to begin dangling from him. He charges for a move, but Mysterio back flips off, nailing a hurricarana that sends Sylvan into the ropes! The crowd goes crazy, as Mysterio goes for the 6-1-9 again... and this time connects! Sylvan flops into the middle of the ring, and sits on his knees. Mysterio quickly ascends to the top rope, dives... and Sylvan gets up? No... at the last second Mysterio folds up... and Drops The Dime on Sylvan! Sylvan flips over as a result of the impact, allowing Mysterio to go into the easy cover. 1...... 2...... 3!

Result: Rey Mysterio def. Sylvan via pinfall with the 6-1-9/Drop The Dime Combination (6:22)

Ratings: OR: 76%, CR: 75% (Sylvan got some heat on him, and Mysterio seems to be pretty popular with the crowd here), MQ: 77%, **1/2 (Good opening match that got the crowd into the show, as Sylvan has shown leaps of improvement as a wrestler since his La Resistance days)

Cole: "Mysterio gets the win!"

Mysterio stands up, and his arm is raised by the ref. The crowd cheers, but his music is quickly cut off, as someone wanders out onto the stage...

-A Fight Over Honor, Glory, Pride & Memory-

[The camera pans over, to see none other then CHAVO GUERRERO standing in the entrance way. He claps his hands and smiles, as Mysterio turns and looks towards him. You can see the anger in Mysterio's eyes, as he calls for a mic.]

Rey Mysterio: "Chavo! Get down here right now so we can settle this once and for all!"

[Chavo continues smiling, simply shaking his head while continuing to clap. Suddenly... "Mack Militant" hits the speakers. A small pop is heard, as the Smackdown! General Manager walks out to the stage. He has a microphone in hand, and stands next to Chavo, who's staring at him. Chavo asks him "What are you doing out here?"]

Theodore Long: "I'll tell ya exactly why I'm out here playa. You see Chavo, week after week ya keep makin' us think that you're gonna spill ya guts about why you did what you did to Rey Mysterio here. And quite frankly Chavo, Rey Mysterio's sick of it, these fans are sick of it, but most importantly - I'm sick of it!"

[Chavo's smile disappears from his face, as the crowd cheers.]

Long: "Now, here's what we're gonna do playa. I talked to Palmer Cannon, and it took a lil' convincin', but he's game for it. Ya see Chavo, there's a lil' event called Summerslam that we're gonna have in two days, and you're invited to the biggest party of the summer playa. That's right, I'm makin' it official. At Summerslam, its gonna be you and Rey Mysterio, one-on-one, to settle this situation once and for all! How do ya like that dawg?"

[The crowd goes NUTS, as Mysterio jumps around in the ring, yelling as well. Chavo begins to go crazy, screaming that he's retired.]

Long: "I thought you'd might say that. While that's true that you are retired, as General Manager of Smackdown!, I got the right to make you an active competitor. And that's just what I'm gonna do!"

[Another pop, as Chavo yells that "he can't do that".]

Long: "Oh yes I can playa. See, you don't have to compete this Sunday at Summerslam Chavo. I ain't forcin' ya to playa. But, I promise ya that if for some reason you DON'T show up, you will be suspended without pay, fined, and sued for breech of contract!"

[The crowd goes WILD, knowing that Chavo has no way out of the match now (unless he decides to not show, of course). Chavo drops to his knees, and begins clawing at his hair, as Long smiles.]

Long: "Good. See ya at Summerslam then playa. Holla, holla holla!"

["Mack Militant" hits the speakers again, as the GM struts backstage. Chavo begins pounding at the arena floor, screaming, as Mysterio stands on the second rope, and points at Chavo. The crowd continues cheering, as Chavo continues to throw a fit.]

Cole: "WHOA!! It's going to be Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero at Summerslam, and it's about damn time someone is making Chavo confront Mysterio like a man, instead of playing these mind games like a coward!"

JBL: "I agree Michael; it’s about damn time we're gonna see these two men get it on. And I can promise you, this match is NOT gonna be for the weak of the heart."

Cole: "What a way to kick off Smackdown! Chavo Guerrero will take on Rey Mysterio at Summerslam, and tonight we're gonna determine another match, with a 10-man battle royal with the winner facing Finlay at Summerslam for the U.S title."

[The scene quickly cuts backstage, as Cole & JBL continue discussing the recent turn of events.]

Rating: 73% (Gonna be interesting to see how they pull this off, to say the least)

-The King Has Spoken!-

[The cameras show Kristal Marshall with a microphone in her hand. Next to her, is none other then the World Heavyweight champion King Booker and Queen Sharmell. The crowd mercifully boos the King, as Kristal begins the interview.]

Kristal Marshall: "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here with the World Heavyweight champion. King Booker, last week you inadvertently cost Mr. Kennedy his match, and inadvertently made Batista the number one contender for the World Heavyweight title. In just 48 hours, you will face Batista for that very title at Summerslam. Any thoughts on that?"

King Booker: "Yeah, I gots somethin' to say 'bout that. Batista got lucky man! He got lucky, and now he's the number one contender for MY World Heavyweight title. But, that ain't a good thing dawg. You know why?"

Kristal: "... Why?"

King Booker: "Because now he gotta step in the ring with a man that he's never face before. Batista now has to step in the ring with a man that he can't dominate like he usually does. Batista now has to step in the ring with... a king!"

[The crowd boos a bit, as Sharmell takes over.]

Queen Sharmell: "That's right baby! Batista ain't never went up against my man, and he ain't never gonna beat my man for his World Heavyweight title neitha!"

Kristal: "Well... if I say so myself, Batista HAS seemed to be getting in your head lately, almost having one up on you at all times."

King Booker: "The hell you talkin' 'bout girl? Batista ain't NEVER had one up on me. Batista ain't NEVER got in my head. And I'mma tell ya, Kris-tal! Tonight, I'm gonna prove that Batista don't scare me. Yeah, we got this lil' contract signin' thing tonight, and right then and there I'm gonna prove to the world that at Summerslam, I'm gonna beat that filthy, low-class animal and continue my dominant reign as World Heavyweight champion and the KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING... OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!"

[With that, the King and his Queen both brush by Kristal, giving her dirty looks as they past. Kristal looks back at the camera, and shrugs.]

Kristal: "Ladies and gentlemen, the King Booker/Batista contract signing for their match over the World Heavyweight title, this Sunday at Summerslam."

[The scene quickly fades out, as we head to our first commercial break of the evening.]

Rating: 88% (Please don't take the title of Booker just yet... PLEASE! I'm begging you booker man (no pun intended), don't do it!)

-Commercial Break-

[We're back, and JBL & Cole hype up the contract signing for later tonight. A man is in the ring, as Gregory Helms music is playing over the speakers. Helms is entering the ring, sporting the Cruiserweight title. Tony Chimel announces the unknown wrestler as Anthony Carter, from Washington, D.C. No pop for the hometown hero of course. Why give him an ovation when Batista's here tonight? Helms gets in another cheap shot - this time a kick to the nuts, as the bell rings.]

Gregory Helms 'Open Invitational Match' for the WWE Cruiserweight Title

Gregory Helms© vs. Anthony Carter

The champ is immediately on the attack, nailing Carter with right hands and forearms to the back. He lifts him up, and holds him in the air a bit, before dropping him with a stalling suplex! Helms follows with an elbow across the chest of the young Carter, as well as another. He picks up Carter, and scoop slams him, before heading to the top rope. Helms takes time to taunt the fans, drawing a few boos. This allows Carter to rush to the ropes, and grab Helms before he can climb the turnbuckle. He attempts to smash Helms head into the steel post, but Helms blocks it, and instead smashes Carter's face into the turnbuckle! Carter falls to the mat, as JBL puts over Helms once again as the most dominant cruiserweight in WWE history. Helms climbs the top rope, and goes for a senton splash... and misses! Carter is quickly on the attack with rights and lefts, but Helms kicks him away. Carter charges... right into a brutal clothesline by the champ! The clock hits the four minutes remaining mark, as Carter looks to be out. He slowly stirs, as Helm stalks his prey. Carter gets to his knees... Shining Wizard! Helms laughs, and goes into the cover, picking up another easy win, beating his own time once again.

Result: Gregory Helms© def. Anthony Carter via pinfall with the Shining Wizard to retain the WWE Cruiserweight title (1:32)

Ratings: OR: 52%, CR: 34% (Crowd was DEAD. Literally.), MQ: 70%, 3/4* (Well, didn't beat last week's *1/4, thus my theory on it improving 1/4* every week is now null and void)

Helms theme hits, as he grabs the title and stomps on Carter. He kicks him out the ring, before grabbing the mic from Chimel.

Gegory Helms: "Well... once again, I beat anotha opponent, and continue my reign as the most dominant cruiserweight champion ever in the WWE. My question is... who's gonna be next? Who do I have to beat to get some respect around here? Well... you know what? I'm gonna be at Summerslam this Sunday. And I DARE any cruiserweight from Boston, Massachusetts that wants to challenge to step up and bring it."

Helms drops the mic, and stomps out of the ring. He raises the title, and yells at some nearby fans.

Cole: "Looks like we've got another match at Summerslam. The Gregory Helms Open Invitational is coming to Boston this Sunday!"

JBL: "And I pray for the pour bean-eatin', tea sippin' soul that's gonna step in the ring with the most dominant cruiserweight champion in the history of the WWE."

[We cut backstage once again.]

-Plan, Plot, Strategize-

[We're in a locker room, as we see William Regal strapping his WWE Tag Team title belt around his waist. The crowd boos, until they see the United States champion Finlay in the picture, slinging the U.S title over his shoulder. The crowd actually cheers a little bit (just a little bit), as the two get ready.]

Finlay: "Duke Regal! Are you ready?"

William Regal: "Yes Lord Finlay!"

Finlay: "Good, because the King's order is that I go out there and make sure that you win this battle royal so you can face me at Summerslam, and we can keep the gold in the King's court."

Regal: "Marvelous."

[Finlay opens the door, but Regal calls out to him]

Regal: "But Finlay..."

[Finlay stops mid-way through the door, and turns his head.]

Finlay: "What do ya want Regal? You've got a damn match right now!"

[Regal finishes lacing up his boot, and walks up to Finlay. He looks at him, with a smirk on his face.]

Regal: "I just want you to know that when I win this battle royal tonight, and go on to face you at Summerslam for the United States championship... I'm not holding back this time. Last time we fought at the Great American Bash over that belt, and YOU got the win. I applaud you for that, I really do, but by all means, come Sunday... that belt is mine, and that little troll of yours will not stop me from taking it this time!"

[The crowd boos a bit, as Regal brushes by Finlay. Finlay, as stern face as ever, yells out.]

Finlay: "He's not a troll Regal! He's a leprechaun!"

[A little pop for that, as Finlay follows in pursuit. The battle royal to determine the number one contender for the United States title - NEXT!]

Rating: 70% (Good, to-the-point stuff from these two. Pretty obvious that Regal's gonna get the win, but hey - a WWE Tag Team title match with London & Kendrick, as well as a brutal, stiff encounter between these two later on in the night? I'll take what I can get!)

-Commercial Break-

[We return, as the cameras pan around the ring, showing the various participants that have already entered the ring. So far, the entrants are Scotty 2 Hotty, Funaki and The Bosh Bros. We then see Jamie Noble's theme playing, as The Pitbull quickly makes his way down to the ring. He enters it, as "You Can Run" plays. A decent ovation is heard, as Billy Kidman walks out. He slaps a few hands with the fans, as Cole puts over how any of these men can make a name for theirselves by challenging and defeating Finlay for the U.S title at Summerslam. Just then, much to the surprise of the announcers and the fans, the team of Brian Kendrick & Paul London run out. Cole speculates how either one of these men could be the tag champions and U.S champion at the end of Summerslam. Vito follows them out, to a surprisingly decent ovation from the crowd. Finally...

My name is Finlay... and I love to fight!

The rumbling Irish drums and horns are heard, as William Regal, followed by United States champion Finlay, make their way out. Regal enters the ring, and begins to take off his belt, when London & Kendrick nail a double dropkick! The bell rings, and we're underway.]

10-Man Over-The-Top-Rope Battle Royal Match

Winner receives a shot at the United States Title at Summerslam

Participants: William Regal, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Vito, Billy Kidman, "The Pitbull" Jamie Noble, The Bosh Bros, Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki

All ten men in the ring begin to brawl. Regal & Vito both slug it out with both London & Kendrick, while Noble is quick to attack Kidman. The Bosh Brothers, Scott 2 Hotty & Funaki go at it as well. Regal picks up Kendrick, and nearly sends him over the top rope, but his partner quickly makes the save. Meanwhile, Noble floors Kidman with a snap suplex, and makes his way over to S2H and Funaki. Noble and The Bosh Bros begin to triple team the duo in shades of the six-man tag team match last week. S2H & Funaki recover, and begin taking it to the Bosh Bros. Funaki charges at Scott Bosh... who side-steps him, right into Noble, who tosses him over the top rope!

JBL: "HAHAHAHA! What a toss! What a move! What a... pitbull!"

Cole shakes his head, as Funaki is helped up, and walks to the back.

Elimination #1: Funaki by Jamie Noble (1:47)

Noble taunts Funaki... and Scotty uses that to go for a bulldog! The crowd pops, as Scotty does the whole W-O-R-M stuff. Just as he's about to nail the chop... the Bosh Bros nail a double clothesline on him! Scotty flips upside down, and lands to the canvas hard! Meanwhile, London and Kendrick are still trying to get Regal and Vito out in the corner, as Kidman joins them to help. JBL actually makes reference to the brief Kidman/London feud in 2004, and how both Kidman and Kendrick were tag team champions with London. On the other side of things, The Bosh Bros whip Scotty into Noble... who simply back drops him over the top rope for another elimination! Scotty stays on the arena floor, clutching his neck, as Noble grits his teeth and slaps high fives with the Bosh Bros.

Elimination #2: Scotty 2 Hotty by Jamie Noble (2:04)

The fiery Pitbull looks down at Scotty, who is now standing up. He laughs and waves bye... but is soon joining him, as Kidman sneaks up and dropkicks Noble from behind, sending him over the top rope and out of the match!

Elimination #3: Jamie Noble by Billy Kidman (2:11)

The crowd pops a bit, as now it's Kidman's turn to wave goodbye to Noble. Noble kicks the ring steps, and yells at Kidman.

Cole: "Three men eliminated, six men left to go! Who will be crowned the number one contender for the United States title?!"

We head to another commercial break, as the remaining seven men continue brawling in the ring.

-Commercial Break-

We're back, joined in progress. The Bosh Bros are double teaming Vito, trying to send him over the ropes. Kidman, London and Kendrick are triple teaming Regal on the other side of the ring, but Regal, having no allies in this match, makes sure to stay on the mat as much as possible. Just as the Bosh Bros nearly have Vito over the top rope, Vito nails a hard left hand to Steve, and then one to Chris! The two are dazed, as Vito lands on the mat feet-first. He grabs both men's head, and slams their craniums together! He grabs them by the neck, charges... and sends both Bosh Bros over the top rope, crashing to the arena floor!

Cole: "Whoa! Vito just eliminated both Bosh Bros! How impressive!"

JBL: "You find a man who dresses like a woman to be impressive? And what do you think that says about you, Michael Cole?"

Cole doesn't respond, as the Bros are sent to the back.

Eliminations #4 & #5: The Bosh Bros by Vito (7:16)

Vito quickly makes his way over to Kidman, attacking from behind, and whipping him into the other corner. Vito charges, but Kidman gets a boot up, hops to the second rope, and nails a crossbody! Wait... no! Vito catches him, and tries to dump him over the top rope! Kidman manages to hang on, as on the other side of the ring, London and Kendrick take turns whaling on Regal. Finlay shouts at Regal to fight back, but the two continue to pummel one half of their opponents for Summerslam. Kidman tries to pull Vito over the top rope with him, but Vito eventually lets go, and Kidman lands on the ring apron. He rolls back in, and begins exchanging punches with Vito. Vito, however, is not one you want to trade punches with, and he proves that by nearly knocking out Kidman with a left hand! Vito walks over to the former tag champs, first attacking London, then Kendrick. He picks up London, and tries to dump him over, but his partner makes the save. Kidman lays in the middle of the ring, as Regal returns towards his feet. He crawls over to Kidman, grabs him by the hair, and quickly tosses him over the top rope! But... Kidman hangs on! Regal charges, but gets greeted with a kick through the middle and top rope to his gut. Kidman attempts to hop up to the top rope... but Regal decks him with a left hand, sending him crashing and burning near the announcer's table!

JBL: "WHAT A LEFT HAND BY DUKE REGAL! My GOD that man packs a helluva a punch!"

Kidman is checked on by refs, as Regal looks on with that smug look of his.

Eliminations #6: Billy Kidman by William Regal (11:53)

Regal walks over towards the other participants, as Cole notes that the final four men are left in the ring. Vito and Regal seem to make a pact, as they start stomping away on London and Kendrick. Regal, being the English devil that he is, tries to turn on Vito, but to no avail. Vito looks at Regal, and advances towards him... when he is met with a dropkick by London! Vito flies acrosss the ring, as Kendrick nails Regal with a right hand. London hits one, Kendrick hits one, London hits one (JBL states that it's not fair that they're using him as a human pinball machine), until finally both nail him with a stereo punch. The two slap hands, and London picks up Regal. Suddenly, Kendrick shoves him, asking him what he's doing. London shoves him back. After getting in each others face about who gets to eliminate Regal... the two begin going at it! The partners exchange right hands, with London getting the better of it. He knocks Kendrick to the mat, turns... and gets clotheslined over the top rope by a now recovered Regal!

Eliminations #7: Paul London by William Regal (13:46)

JBL: "Duke Regal is on FIRE! Hahahaha!"

Cole: "Even though I don't like his antics, with three men left, I have to say that it looks like Regal may win this thing."

Kendrick is quickly on the assault, attacking Regal and nailing him with clubbing blows. Regal shrugs it off, and knees Kendrick in the gut. He charges... but Kendrick dodges, and plants Regal with a picture perfect dropkick! Kendrick then goes to the top rope in instinct.

JBL: "What the HELL are you doing Kendrick?! Get down you idiot!"

Too late. Kendrick tries to get his footing right on the top rope, which allows Regal to simply push him off, sending Kendrick flying into the barricade!

Eliminations #8: Paul London by William Regal (14:32)

JBL: "Told you."

Cole: "It was a risky move by Kendrick that allowed him to get eliminated, leaving-"

JBL: "An incredibly stupid move. You do NOT go to the top rope in a battle royal, no matter HOW good you are flying off that top rope!"

Regal shakes his hand, looking around at the fans and smiling. He waves to them, and tells Finlay he has the match won. Finlay, however, is yelling at Regal to turn around. Regal doesn't hear him at first, but seeing Finlay frantically waving his arms and pointing towards something makes Regal turns around...

No, not into a right hand.

Vito just simply smiles and lifts his dress up. Regal screams, and jumps out of the ring...

OVER THE TOP ROPE!

The bell rings, as Regal looks at Finlay, then looks in the ring... and realizes what he has just done.

Result: Vito won a 10-man battle royal, last eliminating William Regal to become the number one contender for the United States title (15:01)

Ratings: OR: 64%, CR: 64% (Battle royals don't usually generate the best of crowds), MQ: 66%, 3/4* (Pretty boring and plodding)

The crowd actually pops, as they too realize what happens. Vito's music plays, as he begins dancing around the ring.

Cole: "VITO WINS!! VITO WINS!!"

JBL: "WHAT THE HELL KIND OF ELIMINATION WAS THAT?!"

Regal's face turns red, as he begins shouting at Finlay, as well as Vito. The crowd continues cheering, as Regal goes crazy on the outside.

Cole: "VITO'S GOING TO SUMMERSLAM TO COMPETE FOR THE UNITED STATES TITLE!! Good for Vito!"

JBL: "Good for Vito?! Are you INSANE? We can't have a cross-dressing freak representing the United States of America as our champion! Send him to ECW or something, and let him grapple with the freaks over there!"

Finlay shakes his head and walks off, leaving Regal still outside of the ring, yelling at everybody within an earshot of him.

Cole: "Regardless of what he wears or how he won, it's going to be Finlay defending the United States title this Sunday against Vito! What a match that's going to be!"

Vito continues to celebrate, as we head to another commercial break.

-Commercial Break-

-Taking Back What's Mine!-

[We're back, as Cole and JBL show a replay of what just transpired, as well as giving their personal thoughts on Vito as the number one contender for the United States title (I'll let you fill in the blanks about what they said here). The cameras then cut backstage, showing Todd Grisham.]

Todd Grisham: "Ladies and gentlemen... the number one contender for the World Heavyweight title, and the man who will face King Booker for that title this Sunday at Summerslam - BATISTA!"

[The crowd goes ABSOLUTELY BALLISTIC, as the hometown hero steps onto the scene. The applause is deafening, and soon a huge "Ba-tis-tuh!" chant breaks out. Batista smiles, and rubs his chin, as the cheers and chants continue to pour in. Finally, after about three minutes, the crowd gets a bit silent, as the interview gets underway.]

Grisham: "Batista, in just two days, you're going into what could very well possibly be the biggest match since your return, when you face King Booker for the World Heavyweight title. Now, you've gotten into the King's head as of lately, but tonight he promised that he's going to make sure that you won't defeat him at Summerslam. Your thoughts on that?"

[Grisham holds the mic up the Animal, and as he begins to speak, another chant breaks out. He smiles again, but speaks anyway.]

Batista: "You know something Todd? I'm not worried about Booker. Mark Henry, Mr. Kennedy - they were all steps I had to take in my road back to the World Heavyweight championship. Booker is just going to be another step. I have a lot of respect for Booker, and what he has accomplished here on Smackdown!, but if it wasn't for me relinquishing my World Heavyweight title back in January, he wouldn't even BE the champion right Now. So, listen up King..."

[batista shoves Grisham away, and inches closer to the camera.]

Batista: "I'm gonna make one thing clear here Booker. I never lost that title that you've got around your waist, and at Summerslam, I don't plan on losing my first shot back at MY World Heavyweight title. And as for tonight, as for that little contract signing... you claim that you're going to show the world why exactly that I won't beat you at Summerslam?"

[The Animal lets a smile play on his face.]

Batista: "Fine, okay. Bring it on, champ. But I promise YOU that tonight, I will prove in my hometown of Washington D.C (insert cheap pop here), why I'm the animal, why I'm the predator, why I'm on top of the food chain, and why I will regain MY World Heavyweight title at Summerslam!"

[The crowd pops HUGE, as Batista shoves the mic into the camera, and walks off. Cole & JBL both speculate what's going to happen tonight between the two, as the cameras goes to another part of the backstage area.]

Rating: 84% (Batista's strongest promo since he returned. Emotion, energy, and a good hometown crowd does that for you)

-Another Master Plan... Or Master Tension?-

[The cameras go into the corridor, where The Great Khali and Daivari are walking down. Daivari is all smiles.]

Daivari: "Khali! Once again, we outsmarted the Undertaker, due to MY master plan. Tonight Khali, I want you to do it again! I want you to destroy the Undertaker! I want you to make sure that he doesn't even MAKE it to Summerslam! I want to make sure that he never meddles in my affairs ever again!"

[Khali stops in his tracks. Daivari continues walking, but realizes the big man isn't following him. He pauses as well, puzzled.]

Daivari: "What?"

[Khali grumbles something incoherent.]

Daivari: "Are you questioning my motives Khali? Huh? Is that it? I've been with you since DAY one Khali! I BROUGHT you here into the WWE, and I made you who you are! If it wasn't for me, you would still be climbing trees in the jungles of Punjabi!"

[Khali doesn't say anything. He simply advances towards Daivari, prompting the little guy to back up.]

Daivari: "You know what? I've HAD it with you questioning my judgment! Just meet me out in the ring, okay?!"

[With that, Daivari storms off. Khali stands there, looking on, as we head back to ringside.]

Rating: 57% (Will they EVER break above the 60% mark?)

... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER... KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

[The crowd begins to jeer a bit (although some cheers are quite evident), as the cocky, young superstar makes his way out. He has a bandage wrapped his head, as he struts to the ring. The bell rings, as Chimel begins his introduction. Cole wonders about the building tension and the growing animosity between The Great Khali and Daivari. JBL states that it's nothing to worry about, only mind games to trick the Undertaker once again. Kennedy cuts Chimel off, as usual, and points to the outside of the ring. Chimel leaves, and Kennedy raises his hand in the air. The arena goes dark, with the spotlight on him, as the house microphone drops into his hand.]

Mr. Kennedy: "You know... I'm starting to feel like a certain WWE superstar who left here on bad terms about nine years ago!"

[Take one guess as to who he's talking about. Crowd shits all over that comment, of course.]

Mr. Kennedy: "Week in and week out, I tend to get screwed over. Just as I begin to climb the ladder to superstardom, the higher-ups in the WWE cut me off at the legs. Well, no more! And I promise you, that I will be in Boston this Sunday night at Summerslam to make an impact. As for tonight, once again I'm going to show you why I am the man... I'm going to show you why I am the man that is SINGLE HANDIDLY CHANGING FRIDAY NIGHTS!"

[Kennedy pauses for a bit, as the crowd continues to boo him.]

Mr. Kennedy: "I am going to show you why they call me... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER............ KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!"

[Kennedy quickly climbs to the second rope, and raises his arms. JBL notes that this is the best part. Kennedy brings the mic down slowly to his mouth.]

Mr. Kennedy: "............ KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!"

[The lights cut back on, as does his music. Chimel quickly introduces his opponent for tonight - one Alex Montalvo. The bell rings, as we get underway.]

Singles Match

Mr. Kennedy vs. Alex Montalvo

The two young superstars circle each other, and lock up in the middle of the ring. Kennedy, being the more powerful of the two, backs Montalvo into the turnbuckle. The ref tries to break it up, as Cole chips in that Montalvo made an impressive showing in his match with Gregory Helms a couple weeks ago. Meanwhile, Kennedy finally breaks the grip... and slaps Montalvo in the face! He drives his shoulder into Motalvo's gut a couple times, before whipping him hard into the turnbuckle opposing them. Kennedy stops to taunt the crowd, before finally charging. Montalvo gets the boot up, and hops up to the second rope. Kennedy staggers... right into a crossbody! Montalvo hooks the leg... 1... 2... kickout! Kennedy quickly gets up, and clotheslines Montalvo right back to the mat. He stomps away on Montalvo, with that cocky grin of his on his face. He lifts him up, and whips him into the ropes. Kennedy bends over... and Montalvo kicks him in the face! Kennedy quickly grabs his bandage, making sure no blood has come out, as Montalvo nails him with right hands. He whips Kennedy into the ropes... twirl-a-whirl backbreaker! The cover..... 1.... 2.... Kennedy gets the shoulder up! The crowd is pretty much dead for both men, but slowly get behind the young Montalvo, as he lifts Kennedy up. He whips him into the turnbuckle, and sets him up on top. Montalvo goes for a top rope suplex, but Kennedy hooks his foot around the turnbuckle. He punches Montalvo in the gut a few times, knocking him to the canvas! Kennedy signals for the Kenton Bomb, but the momentary delay allows Montalvo to get up, and smack away Kennedy's boot, with him falling and landing groin first onto the turnbuckle! Montalvo climbs, and goes for another suplex, but Kennedy quickly recovers and reverses... into the Presidential Roll off the top rope! This time, JBL calls it the Green Bay Plunge (there ya go C-Mil). Kennedy brushes off his hands, and climbs back to the top rope. He gestures the crowd, before diving off... and nailing the Kenton Bomb! He looks the leg, and that's it!

Result: Mr. Kennedy def. Alex Montalvo via pinfall with the Kenton Bomb (3:26)

Ratings: OR: 66%, CR: 61% (Crowd got under Montalvo a bit towards the end, but not much), MQ: 71%, *1/2 (Fun little match, with Montalvo getting enough offense to make the squash more believable, but Kennedy still looking and going over strong)

The crowd begins to boo, as Kennedy's theme hits. He has his arm raised by the ref, as Chimel announces him the winner of the match. Kennedy snatches his arm away from the ref, and points at Chimel, who says Kennedy's name once again. Kennedy smiles, and rolls out the ring, jawing at a few fans as he makes his way to the back.

Cole: "Another impressive win for Mr. Kennedy here tonight."

JBL: "This man equals ratings Michael. This man is the future of Smackdown!. This is the man who's going to carry the A-Show on his back right into our premiere on the CW Network!"

Cole: "Possibly. Speaking of that, that's right ladies and gentlemen, Friday Night Smackdown! will be debuting on the CW Network on September 22nd. The unofficial season begins in just five weeks, as we premiere on the new CW Network! But right now, let's go back to Tuesday night, for the RAW Rebound."

JBL: "God, we have to have highlights from the pathetic B-Show now?"

-WWE Magazine Presents: The RAW Rebound-

The weekly edition of the RAW Rebound shows highlights from the August 14th edition of RAW, the last before Summerslam. We hear about the announcement of Hulk Hogan may not being able to compete at Summerslam.

We fast-forward to see highlights of Randy Orton's career in his "Legend Killer" video package. He runs down the Hulkster, saying he's going to kill the legend that is Hulk-A-Mania, once and for, all, prompting...

Hulk Hogan to come out!

Of course, it wasn't the real one, but the real one soon followed. Big boot, and the confrontation between the fake Hogan and the real one. Hogan cleans house, and gets on the mic, asking Orton what he's gonna do, when Hulk-A-Mania runs wild on him. We get a final shot of Orton's face twisted in anger, as well as Hogan posing (to no reaction).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

RAW, Smackdown!, & ECW Presents: WWE Summerslam - Live on August 20th, 2006, from the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA, only on PPV

WWE Championship Match

Title can change hands on disqualification or count-out

Edge© w/Lita vs. John Cena

ECW World Championship Match

The Big Show© vs. Sabu

World Heavyweight Championship Match

King Booker w/Queen Sharmell© vs. Batista

Tag Team Street Fight

The McMahons vs. D-Generation-X

Singles Match

The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali w/Daivari

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton

Grudge Match

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

WWE Tag Team Championship Match

Finlay & William Regal© vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick

Well, here's the card for the biggest party of the summer! Predictions are welcomed, and infact, encouraged, as the winner gets a prize. On the 9/22 Smackdown! premiere on the CW Network, there will be a little inter-promotional activity, as ECW invades Smackdown!. The winner of the contest gets to decide which Smackdown! wrestler gets to face the ECW World champion for the belt!

Here's some bonus questions in the event of a tie...

#1: Which member of the team will be pinned in the Tag Team Street Fight between the McMahons & D-Generation-X?:

#2: What will be the official result of the WWE championship title match? (Pinfall, submission, DQ, count-out, etc.):

Enjoy!

EDIT: It has come to my attention that I should've been a bit clearer. The bonus question now reads "Which member of the team will be pinned in the Tag Team Street Fight between the McMahons & D-Generation-X?", as people seemed to think that I meant who scores the pin-fall.

Edited by The Aztec Warrior

WWE Championship Match

The Big Show© vs. Sabu

Tag Team Street Fight

Singles Match

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Grudge Match

I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

#1: Who takes the pin-fall in the Tag Team Street Fight between the McMahons & D-Generation-X?: Triple H

#2: What will be the official result of the WWE championship title match? (Pinfall, submission, DQ, count-out, etc.): Submission: John Cena

WWE Championship Match

Winner: John Cena

Reason: Will end on DQ and its Cena's hometown and all.

The Big Show© vs. Sabu

Winner: Sabu

Reason: Upset of the night, put it on a true face of ECW.

Winner: King Booker

Reason: This can be great, keep the belt on Booker because he deserves it more.

Tag Team Street Fight

Winner: D-Generation X

Reason: Duh, they are the coolest ever.

Singles Match

Winner: The Undertaker

Reason: Kill Khali

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Reason: He has creative control in the game, he'll over rule you're decision even if you want him to lose.

Grudge Match

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

Reason: To build the fued up.

I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

Winner: Mick Foley

Reason: I think at Summerslam, Foley should have won this match, and evolved the storyline more instead of ending it before it really started to get hot.

Winner: Finlay and William Regal

Reason: Good team actually, I really enjoy watching them work together in real life.

#1: Who takes the pin-fall in the Tag Team Street Fight between the McMahons & D-Generation-X?: Shane McMahon, would be a perfect way for Vince to start hating on him too.

#2: What will be the official result of the WWE championship title match? (Pinfall, submission, DQ, count-out, etc.): DQ: John Cena

Edited by twoonglue

WWE Championship Match

Since you kinda alluded to it in your report.

The Big Show© vs. Sabu

Sabu will get demolished, which will leave the belt open for RVD to regain.

Booker makes a great heel champ. Plus I think it's too early for Batista to get it back.

Tag Team Street Fight

I'll go out on a limb and say that the McMahons' plan finally works for once.

Singles Match

Because Khali sucks, though you have been making him a readable character.

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Just so the Orton experiment isn't a complete failure.

Grudge Match

Keeps the feud going.

I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

I think Foley got the short end of the stick in that feud.

Hopefully a PPV win would give them a push.

#1: Which member of the team will be pinned in the Tag Team Street Fight between the McMahons & D-Generation-X?: Shawn Michaels, because god forbid Triple H got pinned.

#2: What will be the official result of the WWE championship title match? John Cena via submission (Pinfall, submission, DQ, count-out, etc.):

IPB Image

RAW, Smackdown!, & ECW Presents: WWE Summerslam - Live on August 20th, 2006, from the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA, only on PPV

WWE Championship Match

Winner: Edge from interference by Lita

The Big Show© vs. Sabu

Winner: The Big Show

Winner: Batista

Tag Team Street Fight

Winner: D-Generation-X

Singles Match

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Winner: Randy Orton

Grudge Match

Winner: Rey Mysterio

I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

Winner: Ric Flair

Winner: Paul London & Brian Kendrick

Well, here's the card for the biggest party of the summer! Predictions are welcomed, and infact, encouraged, as the winner gets a prize. On the 9/22 Smackdown! premiere on the CW Network, there will be a little inter-promotional activity, as ECW invades Smackdown!. The winner of the contest gets to decide which Smackdown! wrestler gets to face the ECW World champion for the belt!

#1: Which member of the team will be pinned in the Tag Team Street Fight between the McMahons & D-Generation-X?:

Triple H pinning Vince McMahon

#2: What will be the official result of the WWE championship title match? (Pinfall, submission, DQ, count-out, etc.):

Edge via pinfall with interference from Lita

Enjoy!

EDIT: It has come to my attention that I should've been a bit clearer. The bonus question now reads "Which member of the team will be pinned in the Tag Team Street Fight between the McMahons & D-Generation-X?", as people seemed to think that I meant who scores the pin-fall.

Guest Preston

IPB Image

WWE Championship Match

Winner: John Cena- please....

The Big Show© vs. Sabu

Winner: Big Show

Winner: king booker as batista is shit

Tag Team Street Fight

Winner: d-X

Singles Match

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Winner: hulk hogan

Grudge Match

Winner: Rey Mysterio

I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

Winner: Paul London & Brian Kendrick

shawn michaels pins vince.

cena by submission

WWE Championship Match

Winner: Edge

The Big Show© vs. Sabu

Winner: The Big Show

Winner: King Booker

Reason: He should hold onto it longer, at least until No Mercy, maybe even Survivor Series

Tag Team Street Fight

Winner: D-Generation-X

Singles Match

Reason: The fued can hopefully end then, as it has seemed to have done in real life.

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Grudge Match

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

Reason: He didn't like the decision of Teddy Long, and if more pumped because of it. He'll get the victory by cheating.

I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

Winner: Finlay & William Regal©

Reason: They haven't had the titles long, keep it around their waists. Although a fued could be coming.

Triple H pinning Shane McMahon

Edge via DQ

I've been meaning to catch up on this one for a while, Mike, as I've been busy and your shows are mondo long, too long for me to sit down and read when I'm totally wiped after work all day. Viva la weekend, though, 'cos I've just caught up on everything and it's a great read as usual.

You've been very good at making changes, subtly and carefully, which is always important in a diary like this, as making massive changes immediately is always tempting and especially so with the Smackdown "curse" running around, but would be damned confusing for the viewers/readership, so kudos on making changes without it seeming like you're making changes, if that makes any sense at all. <_<

I'm particularly enjoying the Regal/Finlay stuff, hopefully a major full-on face turn will be in the works for one of them soon, probably Finlay as Regal is way more into the 'King's Court' stuff than Regal is. Rey/Chavo's feud, as we discussed over MSN, has the potential to be the WWE's biggest feud of the year even if it is on the 'B Show', and you're doing a good job with it. Good job on putting over the young talent with Kendrick/London, Kennedy, and the like as well, because they're really going to have to step up with the Smackdown curse running wild as it is right now.

**** for the diary so far, because I'm loathe to give you anything higher as you'll sit on your laurels and stop churning out great stuff, and we both know you can write excellent work so I expect much more from you than Random Joe WWE Diary Guy #34621. Nothing's really wrong with this one, the backstage stuff especially is nice, and making Khali readable is impressive, but we both know you've got more in you so c'mon and get it out there, damnit!!!

Onto the predictions then...

WWE Championship Match

Winner: I'm gonna have to say Cena here, I reckon the DQ ruling will be Edge's undoing as it makes sense with the build-up. Lita could well get involved to her boyfriend's peril.

The Big Show© vs. Sabu

Winner: Sabu. You're an ECW fan, born and bred, and any chance you have to put that belt on an ECW-head, you're gonna take it, right? I hope so anyway, as putting the belt on Sabu would work with either keeping the show ECW contained, or by bringing in Raw/SD guests as the E have been, as it'd give Sabu the rub. Plus the mutants would stop whining.

Winner: Batista, I'd hope. He's back off of injury, he's insanely over, and he's basically the number one guy on your brand right now. All of that spells a title win.

Tag Team Street Fight

Winner: D-X, it's so obvious you might as well have included it in the stipulation. Do the McMahons ever win these matches? The Hunter/Shawn mutual masturbation session continues, and I wouldn't put it past you to have the entire Spirit Squad run in to get beat up too. Yayness.

Singles Match

Winner: Whilst you've done the impossible and made me care about Khali, Undertaker needs to go over here. All of the false finishes and non-happenings at the GAB and the like mean he has to go over here, so do the right thing!

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Winner: Another obvious one, straight out of How To Put Somebody Over When Creative Has Nothing Useful For Him 101, from the chapter on holding patterns and Hogan. It's a great read, and it stipulates Orton should go over. The only surprise will be if you go the Vince Russo route and have Brooke turn on her daddy.

Grudge Match

Winner: I can see Chavo going all out for the 'Cheat 2 Win' strategy here, and I hope it pays off as it keeps both men looking strong, gives Rey a reason to want to fight back, and it makes Chavo look like more and more of a Guerrero, which is important in this feud as it's all about family.

I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

Winner: Foley bumps and takes it like no other, and this feud is unusual because neither guy really needs a rub, but what the heck. Personal rivalries and actual dislike mean this'll be a stiff, bloody battle, but Foley should come out on top because he doesn't get road rage and doesn't have actual liver spots.

Winner: London and Kendrick, to put the belts on the young champions, put them over, and leave Regal and Finlay wide open for their sure-to-be-coming-soon feud, which will be an awesome one if you do it right. A little confused that Vito didn't get on the card here, 'cos I'm sure you said on SD! that he was going to Summerslam, and I couldn't find it contradicted anywhere. Oh well.

3H will pin Vinnie Mac.

I'm gonna say Lita's interference gives a DQ win, and thus the belt, to Cena.

Again, really enjoying this one all the way, best of luck for Summerslam and the continuing diary. This is amongst the best stuff I've seen you do, which is a compliment and you know it. Much love, Mikey.

(Y)

IPB Image

RAW, Smackdown! & ECW Presents: WWE Summerslam

Live on Pay-Per-View, August 20th, 2006

From the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA

19 Years Of Legacy...

[We see the defining moment of each Summerslam, since 1988, all the way up to 2005. This includes Davey Boy Smith beating Bret Hart to become the WWE Intercontinental champion in 1992, the classic battle between The Undertakers in 1994, the infamous ladder match between the WWE's two uprising stars at the time - Triple H and The Rock in 1998, the carnage in the first ever Tables Ladders & Chairs match between Edge & Christian, The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz in 2000, the beginning of a new era as Brock Lesnar pinned The Rock to become the second youngest WWE champion in history in 2002, and the Icon vs. Legend bout, as Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels met for the first time ever last year.]

Legends, Icons, Great Ones, Phenoms...

[We see more moments, involving some of the WWE's premiere superstars of the past and present, such as Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, The Undertaker, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Triple H & Bret Hart.]

The Newer Generation...

[More moments, this time involving the newer generation of the WWE, such as Batista, John Cena, Randy Orton & Edge.]

Four Months Of Anticipation...

[We then see highlights of WrestleMania 22, all the way up to this date.]

It All Comes Down To One Night...

[We hear the sounds of "The Enemy" by Godsmack in the background, as we get the Summerslam preview video, highlighting the build-up to the main matches. The video shows the feud between Mick Foley & Ric Flair, Rey Mysterio & Chavo Guerrero, Hulk Hogan & Randy Orton, The Undertaker & The Great Khali, The McMahons & D-Generation-X, King Booker & Batista, The Big Show & Sabu, and finally, John Cena & Edge. The video concludes with Cena and Edge staring each other down, as we fade into the brief advert for the introduction to the show.]

[The cameras go into the arena, where a HUGE fireworks display blasts off on the stage. The Boston crowd begins to go wild, as the display finishes with a couple of green pyros going off. The lights turn on, and the camera pans around the arena, showing various signs such as "If Edge Wins, We Riot", "Batista Will Dethrone The King", "D-X Rulz!!" and "Hulk-A-Mania Still Lives". We hear the voice of RAW's main announcer, Jim Ross, among the loud cheers from the crowd.]

Jim Ross: "WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, TO THE NINETEENTH EDITION OF WWE SUMMERSLAM!! Tonight, we have a lot in store for you, as we come from the TD Northbank Garden in Boston, Massachusetts! And what a line-up the number one brand in Sports Entertainment, WWE RAW has in store for you!"

Jerry "The King" Lawler: "That's right J.R, I couldn't be more excited about tonight! That psychotic lunatic Ric Flair battles Mick Foley in get this J.R... an I Quit match! Neither of these men may be the same!"

J.R: "You may possible be right King. Plus, it's the biggest match of the young, arrogant Randy Orton's career, as he takes on Hulk Hogan in an appropriately named, "Legend vs. Legend Killer" match. Will the legend that is Hulk-A-Mania live on, or will Orton be the man to finally destroy it once and for all?"

King: 'Who knows! All I know is that D-X has been a thorn in the McMahons sides for the past couple of months, and tonight Vince & Shane have promised to get rid of them in a Tag Team Street Fight!"

J.R: "And the main event, a battle for pride, a battle for glory, simply a battle for the WWE championship as Edge defends against the hometown hero, John Cena! Now, let’s send it over to the ECW side of things, right to Joey Styles & Tazz."

Joey Styles: "Thank you J.R, and I have to say what an HONOR it is to call a match in my Summerslam debut. You ready partner?"

Tazz: "Oh yeah, I'm DEFINITELY ready Styles for a little "Extreme" action tonight!"

Styles: "And speaking of extreme, for the first time in Summerslam history, we're going to see an ECW showcase match, as the ECW World champion and the Extreme giant The Big Show defends against the suicidal, homicidal, genocidal Sabu!"

Tazz: "And it's ain’t gonna be ya average WWE match, no Joey. It's gonna be an EXTREME RULES match!"

Styles: "That's right, one of these men will make history as they leave Summerslam as the ECW World champion, but for right now, lets send things over to Smackdown!, with Michael Cole & JBL."

Michael Cole: "Thanks Joey, and JBL, what a line-up we have for Smackdown! tonight."

JBL: "That's right Michael, the A-Show puts on an A-Effort, once again blowing anything RAW or ECW has out of the water. We've got the battle of the two phenoms, The Undertaker & The Great Khali, here tonight!"

Cole: "Not to mention a battle over honor and the memory of the late, great Eddie Guerrero, as Chavo Guerrero takes on Rey Mysterio!"

JBL: "Chavo was forced into this match Michael, and now he has to do the one thing he never wanted to do, and that's fight a man that's like family to him, Rey Mysterio."

Cole: "Plus, Smackdown!'s main event that will surely be better then RAW or ECW's, as the World Heavyweight champion King Booker takes on the animal, Batista!"

JBL: "Seven long months that genetic freak was on the shelf, and now he's gonna take it out on our King, and I can tell you that it AIN'T gonna be pretty."

Cole: "All this for Summerslam, but right now we're going to kick things off with a little tag team action!"

[The theme of the former tag champs hits, as Paul London & Brian Kendrick hop their way out. The two slap hands, and runs to the ring. The crowd gives the two a decent ovation, as they slide in the ring and hop on opposite turnbuckles. They play to the crowd, much to their delight, as ring announcer Tony Chimel introduces them. The two hop down, and wait in the middle of the ring.

My name is Finlay... and I love to fight!

The irish tunes begin to play, as the reigning WWE Tag Team champions and two-thirds of the King's Court wanders out to the ring. The Boston crowd doesn't seem to react to the two, as they quickly enter the ring. They stand toe-to-toe with the challengers, as the bell rings.]

Finlay & Paul London decide to start off the re-match from a few weeks ago on the second biggest pay-per-view of the year. London riles the crowd up, as Regal and Kendrick step on the ring apron. The two competitors begin to circle each other, before locking it up. Finlay, being the stronger of the two, backs London into the corner. The ref orders Finlay to break it up. Finlay holds his arms up... before kicking London in the gut! Cole berates him for the cheap shot, as Finlay nails some stiff upper hands to the jaw of London. He whips him hard into the opposite corner, before tagging in Regal. Finlay grabs Regal, and whips him into London. Regal reverses the whip, and Finlay clotheslines London! The crowd boos a bit, as Regal rushes over and goes into the cover as Finlay makes his way out of the ring. 1... 2... London gets the shoulder up. Regal stands up, and drops a knee across London's face, before going into the cover once again. 1... 2... kickout! Regal drags London into the middle of the ring, lifts him up, and brings him back down with a vicious snap suplex! In a swift motion, Regal goes into another cover. 1... 2... 3... no! London gets the shoulder up at the last moment!

Regal drags London over to their corner, and makes the tag to the U.S champion. London tries to scurry out of the corner, but Finlay drops on him, preventing him from doing so. He gets up, holding London by the arms, and nails a STIFF kick into the back of London! London cries out in pain, as Finlay goes into the cover, placing his elbow across the face of the challenger. 1.... 2.... London again gets the shoulder up! Finlay sits up London, grabbing his arm and wrenching it, locking in the armbar. London tries to roll through, and does... but the fiery Irishman rolls with him, still clenching in the hold! London continues to shout in agony, as the ref asks him if he wants to give up. He quickly yells out "No!", as Finlay yells at him to give up. London tries to hit him with right hands, but Finlay just pulls at the arm, causing London to wince in pain. In the meantime, Brian Kendrick slaps on the turnbuckle, causing the crowd to finally get behind the challengers. London uses the motivation to his advantage, poking Finlay in the eye. Finlay breaks the hold momentarily, but that's enough for London to roll away into his corner. The crowd pops a bit, as London jumps up...

AND MAKES THE TAG TO KENDRICK!

Cole: "KENDRICK GETS THE TAG!! KENDRICK GETS THE TAG!!"

... or so Michael Cole thought so.

Kendrick storms into the ring, as the crowd applauds... only for the ref to stop him! Finlay and Regal, who is now in the ring, drag London back to their corner, and begin stomping away on him. Cole wonders what's going on, and we get a replay showing just as London made the tag, Regal stepped into the ring and distracted the referee. The crowd boos, as Kendrick argues with the ref briefly before stepping back on the ring apron. The ref then goes back to the other side of the ring, yelling at Finlay to get out of the ring. He quickly obliges, as Regal grabs the arm of London. He goes to lock in an armbar, like his partner previously did, but London quickly rolls away. He jumps up, and goes for a kick on Regal. Regal catches his foot, and grins at him, waving a finger in his face. As he does... London twists, jumps in the air... and nails an enziguri!

The Englishman falls to the mat face-first, as London crashes as well. Kendrick begins slapping the turnbuckle again, as the crowd now seems motivated to cheer on the challengers. Regal and London begin crawling slowly to their respective corners, as Kendrick leans over the top rope. Regal gets the tag first, and Finlay storms in the ring. He grabs London's leg........ but London flips out of the grasp and tags in his partner!

Cole: "Now THERE's the tag!"

The crowd pops, as the young, high-flying Kendrick goes up to the top rope immediately. Finlay looks on... as Kendrick comes down and nails a spinning heel kick! Finlay crashes to the mat, as Kendrick quickly goes into the cover. 1.... 2.... 3... NO! Regal breaks up the cover at the last second. Cole complains about it, as Regal stomps away on Kendrick. The ref yells for him to get out of the ring, but Regal ignores it. Finlay gets up, and the two begin stomping on Kendrick. The crowd boos... but begin to cheer again, as London hops back into the ring! He attacks Finlay, and then goes after Regal. He backs Regal into the ropes with a barrage of chops, right hands and kicks, and then charges... clotheslining Regal out of the ring! Kendrick gets up, and goes toe-to-toe with the U.S champion. London measures up Regal on the outside, as he grabs the top rope. He catapults himself over for a plancha... but Regal moves out of the way at the last second!

JBL: "Ouch!"

Cole: "One half of the challengers just went crashing and burning on the outside!"

London clutches his ribs, as Regal hops back on the apron. Back in the ring, Kendrick as Finlay teetering as he nails him with right hands. He goes for a clothesline... but Finlay ducks, and kicks him in the gut. He lifts him up, and hooks him up. He drops Kendrick straight down to the mat with the Celtic Cross! Finlay looks down at the fallen Kendrick, and gets ready to go into the cover.... when Regal's shouting disrupts him. Regal yells at him to let him finish him off. Finlay shrugs, and tags Regal in.

Cole: "What's going on here?"

Regal enters the ring, all grins, as Finlay turns to the crowd. He raises his arms in the air in celebration, sensing that the match is over. Meanwhile, Regal goes to lift Kendrick up... but Kendrick rolls on his back, bringing Regal down with a roll-up! ONE.......... TWO.......... THREE???!!!

Result: Paul London & Brian Kendrick def. Finlay & William Regal© via pinfall when Kendrick rolled up Regal to regain the WWE Tag Team titles (7:53)

Ratings: OR: 80%, CR: 74% (Not that good for an opener to the second biggest PPV of the year), MQ: 87%, **1/2 (Good tag match, but didn't seem to quite flow well, as everyone seem kind of lost, as if they didn't know what to do. Finish came out of nowhere too)

Cole: "LONDON & KENDRICK REGAIN THE TITLES!! LONDON & KENDRICK REGAIN THE TITLES!!"

JBL: "WHAT THE HELL?!"

Finlay turns around, with a look of shock on his face. Kendrick quickly rolls out of the ring, and helps London up. The ref slides out, and hands them the WWE Tag Team titles, as Finlay yells at Regal in the ring. Regal stands up, with his face twisted in a mix of shock and anger. He stands up and begins shaking and yelling, kicking at the ropes and going absolutely nuts.

Regal: "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! N-"

Just as Regal prepares to throw a tantrum... Finlay slaps Regal! Regal looks at him in shock, before returning the slap! The two begin to argue and shove at each other... when someone hits Finlay from behind...

BOBBY LASHLEY?!

Lashley pounds away at Finlay, as the crowd finally comes to life. Regal is quickly on the attack, but Lashley pushes him into the corner. Lashley goes back to attack Finlay, but the U.S champ quickly rolls out of the ring. Regal staggers out of the corner... right into a spear by Lashley! Lashley begins nailing him with right hands, as security hits the ring and pull him off. He breaks loose, and goes after Regal again! We see a shot of Finlay quickly walking backstage, as security manages to drag Lashley out of the ring. Regal yells at him, striking his fighting pose, as security take Lashley to the back.

Cole: "BOBBY LASHLEY HAS JUST MADE AN IMPACT!!"

JBL: "What the hell are you talking about Michael?! He’s not even supposed to BE here, let alone attacking a man who was just screwed out of the tag titles!"

The two begin to argue, as we go backstage.

-I Love It When A Plan Comes Together!-

Backstage, we see the WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon and his son Shane McMahon in Vince's office. The crowd boos the McMahons, as they warm-up. Both are dressed in their wrestling gear for their tag team street fight later in the night. Vince riles up his son, saying that D-Generation-X is trying to put an end to the McMahon legacy. Shane plugs the McMahon DVD quickly, saying that they'll never be able to do so, and that tonight they will learn that there are consequences for their actions. Vince agrees, and tells Shane that he has a pleasant surprise for the D-X duo tonight. Shane asks what it is, and of course, Vince leans in and whispers it to him. Shane smiles, and says that's a great idea, and nobody would expect it coming. Vince flashes that devil smile of his, and promises that tonight, D-X will learn why they shouldn't screw (no pun intended, with Triple H & Stephanie) with the McMahon family. Vince and Shane slap hands, as the crowd continues to boo.

-A Return, As Well As An Impromptu Challenge-

[Cole & JBL speculate on what the McMahons have planned. Suddenly.......

...... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER... KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

The Boston crowd boos (a few cheers are evident, however), as the man who claims that he's single-handily "changing Friday nights" struts out. JBL continues the praise for the young superstar, as Cole does admit that he's impressed with Kennedy's in-ring ability, but not his tactics. Just as Tony Chimel goes to announce his name, Kennedy stomps in the ring, and cuts him off. Chimel bows his head, and walks out of the ring, as Kennedy stands in the middle of the ring. His face is filled with anger, as he raises his arm in the air. The lights go off, as the house microphone drops into his awaiting hand. The crowd boos, as he begins to speak.]

Mr. Kennedy: "First of all, all you Bostonians out there need to shut your little sewer holes, and let me speak."

[That gets the crowd into it, as they begin to boo.]

Mr. Kennedy: "I mean, come on people! What do you all have to talk about? Tea? Beans? The New York Yankees are KILLING the Red Sox all right now!"

[Oh yeah, that brings in the heat!]

Mr. Kennedy: "Now... I couldn't help but sit in the back and wonder... why? Why did Smackdown! General Manager Theodore Long leave the man who is single-handily CHANGING FRIDAY NIGHTS off the biggest party of the summer? Was it jealousy? Did he not want one of his superstars to take the spotlight? What's freakin' goin' on?!"

[Kennedy's face twists with anger now, as the crowd continues to boo him.]

Mr. Kennedy: "So, that brings me to why I'm out here. I'm challenging anyone... and I mean ANYONE that wants to face Mister Kennedy. Past, present, future, Smackdown!, RAW, ECW, IT DOESN'T MATTER! Come out here and suffer a defeat at the hands of (tilts his head back)...... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER............ KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!"

[Kennedy quickly walks over to the turnbuckle, and climbs it. He looks around, and motions for the crowd to be quiet. Of course, this results in more boos, as Kennedy holds the mic to his lips.]

Mr. Kennedy: "............ KENN-"

[...

... OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The crowd surprisingly lets out a pretty big pop, as the lights turn back on, and a familiar theme begins to play. The cheers continue, as MATT HARDY (!!) walks out.]

Cole: "OH MY!! Matt Hardy is back, and he's back here at Summerslam!"

JBL: "This overrated internet geek wants to challenge the money-making Mr. Kennedy? What's going on in HIS mind?"

[Kennedy jaws at Hardy, as he hops down to the canvas. Hardy points at him, and runs to the ring. He slides in, as a referee follows. The referee motions for the bell, and here we go!]

Rating: 78% (Not his strongest, but certainly good for what it was)

Impromptu Match

Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy

Hardy slides in, as Kennedy begins to stomp away on him upon entering the ring. He nails him with some forearm blows to his back, before lifting him up. He irish whips him across the ring, and goes for a clothesline. Hardy ducks, and comes back. Kennedy goes for a back elbow, but Hardy ducks again. He charges into Kennedy... and floors him with a spinning back elbow! The crowd pops, as Hardy motions Kennedy to get up. The young superstar does, and goes for a right hand. Hardy blocks it, and nails him with a right hand, followed by another. He backs Kennedy into the ropes, and sends him across the ring. Kennedy comes back... and Hardy sends him flying into the air with a back body drop! Kennedy crashes HARD to the mat, as Hardy quickly goes into the cover. 1...... 2...... Kennedy gets the shoulder up! Hardy lifts him up, and whips him into the turnbuckle. He charges, but Kennedy gets the boot up, followed by a vicious clothesline! He goes into the cover.... 1..... 2..... Hardy kicks out! Kennedy quickly grabs Hardy by the head, and wrenches in a rear naked chokehold. Hardy fights to get out of it, but Kennedy tightens the clutch around his neck. Hardy begins to fade away, as Kennedy yells at him to quit. The ref does his job, asking if Hardy wants to give up as well. There's no answer, prompting the ref to grab Hardy's hand. He raises it once....... and drops it to the mat. He raises the arm a second time.............. and it again drops to the mat. A third time............

.... NO! Hardy gains consciousness, bringing his arm up in the air!

The crowd actually gets behind Hardy, and a pretty decent "Hardy!" chant breaks out. He powers up, causing Kennedy to rise with him off the mat. He elbows him in the gut a few times, and runs across the ring. He floors Kennedy with a clothesline! Kennedy gets up, and is greeted with another one, and finally a third! Kennedy gets up, and goes for a right hand. Hardy blocks it, and nails a few rights, before hooking him up for the Side Effect! Kennedy's instinct quickly blocks it with elbows to the side of Hardy's head, causing him to break up the grapple. He lifts Hardy onto his shoulders, and signals for the Green Bay Plunge. The crowd boos, as Kennedy charges... but no! Hardy drops behind him at the last second! Kennedy turns around..... right into a Side Effect! The North Carolina superstar climbs to the second rope, and yells out to the crowd. A pretty big pop ensues, as Hardy comes off and nails a Leg Drop! He stands, and taunts the crowd, as he motions Kennedy to get up. Kennedy does... and Hardy kicks him in the gut. He hooks him of... Twist Of Fate! Wait... no! Kennedy pushes him away... and falls to the mat. He clutches the back of his left leg, as the ref checks on him. After a brief moment, with the crowd confused, Kennedy slowly rolls out of the ring. The crowd's confused state turns into an ovation of boos, as Kennedy barely limps to the back in disgust. The referee begins a ten count, as Kennedy argues with some fans upon making his way up the ramp. The count reaches to seven, as we see Kennedy actually fall, and crawls through the curtains. The count reaches ten, as the crowd boos the finish. The ref raises Hardy's hand, which results in a few cheers, but mainly boos for the shitty finish.

Result: Matt Hardy def. Mr. Kennedy by count-out after Kennedy walks out on the match (3:03)

Ratings: OR: 75%, CR: 85% (Crowd was EXTREMELY hot for Hardy's return after his brief absence, and Kennedy played his role to a tee), MQ: 66%, *1/2 (Could have been something could had they given them three more minutes or so, but I guess this leads to a re-match down the line. Kennedy looked pretty hurt during that finishing sequence, however)

Cole: "What a cheap way for Mr. Kennedy to get out of losing to Matt Hardy!"

JBL: "What do you mean? Why SHOULD Kennedy even be facing a man who takes every opportunity he has to whine about losing his girlfriend?"

The two continue to bicker as always, as Hardy makes his way to the back, slapping hands with the fans as his music plays over the speakers. We cut backstage once again.

-The King Rules With An Iron Fist-

[We see Finlay & William Regal shoving each other backstage, as they burst into a locker room. The two are yelling and arguing, as we see the World Heavyweight champion and his queen stepping between them.]

King Booker: "Guys..."

[The two continue to shout at one another over their loss of the WWE Tag Team titles.]

King Booker: "Fellas..."

[More arguing, prompting the King to shout.]

King Booker: "SILENCE! SILENCE IN MY KINGDOM!"

[somehow, that prompts the two former tag champs to be quiet. Booker looks at them in disgust.]

King Booker: "Now, what happened out there?!"

Finlay: "This English buffoon wanted to take all of the glory King, and cost us the damn Tag Team championships!"

William Regal: "What the hell are you on about Finlay?! You should've been paying attention instead of celebrating you bloody fool!"

[The two begin to argue again, causing the King to hold his hand up. The two shut up once again.]

King Booker: "You know what? It don't even MATTER that yall lost anymore. Those tag titles were beneath us. Finlay, you're still the U.S champion, and Regal... you're... you're still... um... you're still the duke!"

[Finlay rolls his eyes, as Regal grins from ear to ear.]

Regal: "Yes, your majesty."

King Booker: "Now, even though we've lost some gold, that doesn't mean that we gotta lose more tonight. I want BOTH of you, no you Finlay, not you William, but BOTH of you, to ENSURE that I leave out of Summerslam still the World Heavyweight champion. Do I make myself clear?"

Finlay & Regal (simultaneously): "Yes, your majesty."

King Booker: "Good. Now, take all that anger out on that peasant Batista!"

[The two nod, as Booker lowers his hand.]

William Regal: ".... ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!! ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!! ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!! ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!!"

[Finlay groans, as Sharmell puts Booker's title around his waist. The King smiles, as we go back to ringside for the next contest.]

Rating: 77% (ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!!)

I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

We get a video package, highlighting the history of the two, as well as certain comments made about each other in their books. We then see Ric Flair quickly putting Mick Foley away in their 2-out-of-3 falls match at Vengeance, prompting Foley to attack Flair afterwards. The build-up to the match is shown, and concludes with Foley finally accepting Flair's challenge. The two made their way out to the ring, as J.R & King speculate that this may be the show-stealer of the night. The crowd was pretty mixed, as the two went to war in one of the bloodiest, most brutal matches ever witnessed in the WWE. Weapons were used to their full potential, as they included a barbed wired baseball bat, a barbed wired board, a barbed wired 2 x 4, tables, chairs, thumbtacks, and hell... even a barbed wired Mr. Socko! Both men took a brutal beating in this bout, and shed blood like no men had ever shed blood before. The crowd was apeshit for the whole match. In the end, the 50-year old veteran proved he was still indeed "the dirtiest player in the game". After Foley dominated most of the match, Flair gained the advantage, and used the 2 x 4 wrapped in barbed wired to work the legs of Foley. Blood could be seen squirting from Foley's legs, as Flair continued to swing away at them. Finally, Foley's legs gave way, and Flair continued to whale the legs of the Hardcore legend with "Barby". Finally, Flair locked in the Figure Four. Foley immediately tapped, but there's no tapping in an I Quit match. Flair yelled at Foley to give up, and after a few minutes with the hold in, Foley uttered the words "I Quit" for the first time in his life. The crowd went crazy for the end, cheering on both men and giving them a standing ovation. After the two lay on the mat for a bit, both men managed to get to their feet. Foley offered out his bloody hand, and after a few minutes of hesitation... Flair accepted it. However, the Hardcore legend once again outsmarted the former 16-time World champion, as he cheapshotted him with a punch to the face. Foley quickly grabbed the barbed wired 2 x 4, and went under the ring. He grabbed a lighter, and a bottle of lighter fluid. He poured the fluid on the weapon, and in one spark, the 2 x 4 was on fire. He slide back into the ring, but referees separated the two. Foley threatened them with the flaming object, causing them to quickly leave the ring. Flair stood up... and was greeted with the flaming barbed wired 2 x 4 to the skull. The crowd actually popped for that, as Foley walked off while Flair flopped around on the mat. Referees helped Flair to the back after the bloody war that J.R deemed to be "not over just yet".

Result: Ric Flair def. Mick Foley after Flair applied the Figure Four to Foley, causing him to quit (14:36)

Rating: **** (A bloody, gruesome affair that almost reached Match Of The Year territory)

[J.R & King continue discussing the brutal match, as well as Foley's actions afterwards, as we head backstage.]

-Destroying The Legacy, Once And For All-

[We see Kristal Marshall, joined by The Great Khali and his manager Daivari, in front of the Summerslam set backstage. The crowd boos a bit, but for the most part, they remain quiet.]

Kristal Marshall: "Ladies and gentlemen, The Great Khali and Daivari. Now, over the past few weeks, The Great Khali has dominated The Undertaker in every chance he had. Do you think the same will happen tonight, when these two giants go on to face each other?"

[surprisingly, Kristal holds the mic to Khali. Daivari quickly lowers it to his mouth, however.]

Daivari: "Kristal, you've seen what The Great Khali has done to The Undertaker. This is the only man in the history of the WWE to COMPLETELY dominate The Undertaker. And tonight will be no different. Tonight, will mark two things. First, we will see the END of the Undertaker's legacy here in the WWE, as The Great Khali pins him to the mat once again for the three count. And secondly, the era of The Great Khali will begin as the NEW phenom of World Wrestling Entertainment. Isn't that right, Khali?"

[Daivari slaps the giant on the chest. Khali looks down at him, and just grunts.]

Kristal: "Also, why exactly did The Great Khali attack you this past Friday night?"

[Daivari goes to answer, but pauses, confused. He looks up at Khali, and smacks the microphone away.]

Daivari: "This interview is over! Come on, Khali!"

[With that, Daivari storms off. Khali follows, sort of reluctantly, as we head back to ringside.]

Rating: 66% (Short... but certainly not sweet)

[We then segue into a video highlighting the feud of Rey Mysterio & Chavo Guerrero, from Chavo costing Mysterio the World Heavyweight title at the Great American Bash, to the last edition of Smackdown! before Summerslam, and finally, the relationships they each maintained with the late, great Eddie Guerrero! The video fades out, and

... WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN WE COME FOR YOU?! The stage explodes with a pyro, as Rey Mysterio hops out. He walks down to the ring, slapping the hands of some fans. Surprisingly, the crowd actually boos the master of the 6-1-9.]

Cole: "We just saw a bloody match between RAW's Mick Foley and Ric Flair, but this match ladies and gentlemen, is what I believe WILL steal the show."

JBL: "You may be right Michael Cole. Put these two in the ring with an emotional story behind them fighting, and you have what's going to be an A-match for the A-show in Sports Entertainment. Boy, I can't WAIT for these two to get it on!"

[Mysterio enters the ring, and hops on the turnbuckle. He plays to the crowd, as about half of the audience cheers, and half of them boo. He hops down, as the lights in the arena come back on. After a brief moment of waiting...

... OOOOO CHAVO! We hear the tunes of the theme of Chavo Guerrero, who walks out to more applause then boos. He slowly walks down to the ring, showing no emotion at all.]

Cole: "What a snake! Chavo Guerrero not only cost Rey Mysterio the World title once, but twice, and has yet to offer ANY reason behind doing so!"

JBL: "He doesn't need a reason Michael Cole. He's a Guerrero, a member of one of the most legendary wrestling families of all-time. He doesn't owe anyone anything!"

[Chavo quickly enters the ring, and goes face-to-face with Mysterio. The crowd pops a bit, as the fight over pride, glory and honor begins.]

Singles Match

Rey Mysterio yells at his former friend and a man he considered to be family. Chavo Guerrero just... well... stands there, taking it all in. The crowd cheers, edging them on to fight, but both men seem reluctant to throw the first punch, as Mysterio continues to yell and Chavo just listens. Finally, Mysterio's the first to strike, nailing Chavo with a right hand. Chavo falls to the mat, and remains there. He slowly scoots into the corner, and remains there. Mysterio yells at him to get up, but Chavo remains seated in the corner. Rey walks over, and yells at him to get up again. Chavo just stares at him, prompting Mysterio to kick him in the face! He begins stomping away at Chavo, before lifting him up and nailing right hands. Chavo, however, does nothing to offend himself, instead just taking out the punishment that Mysterio delivers to him.

Cole: "What the hell is Chavo doing?"

JBL: "What do you mean?"

Cole: "He's not doing anything to defend himself."

JBL: "So? He didn't want to fight in the first place, remember? That peanut head, George Jefferson-wanna be Theodore Long forced him into this match."

The two continue to argue about Chavo's motives, as Mysterio whips him across the ring. Chavo hits the turnbuckle hard, and Mysterio charges. He jumps in the air, and floors Chavo with a hurricarna out of the corner! He crawls over to Chavo, but instead of going into the cover, nails right hands to the forehead of his opponent. Chavo again does nothing to defend himself, letting Mysterio go to town on him with the right hands. The referee orders Mysterio off, but Mysterio continues to attack his former friend. Finally, the ref pulls him off, but Mysterio breaks free and kicks Chavo in the face! He continues to nail more right hands, before lifting Chavo up. Chavo just stares at him, as Mysterio yells at him to fight back. Chavo finally does make movement... by putting his hands behind his back. Mysterio then proceeds to slap him across the face! Chavo grabs his face, and just looks at Mysterio, as if he's hurt by Rey's actions.

Cole: "FIGHT BACK YOU COWARD!"

JBL: "Once again, he DOESN'T want to fight him!"

Mysterio continues to yell at Chavo, before nailing him with more right hands. The crowd actually boos him, and a small (very small) "Chavo!" chant breaks out. Mysterio continues to hit Chavo with a barrage of right and left hands, before whipping him across the ring. Chavo hits the ropes, and Mysterio nails a beautiful dropkick! He goes into the cover.... 1.... 2.... 3? Wait, no. Mysterio lifts Chavo up, looking at him shockingly. Chavo seemed to have no ambition to lift his shoulders off the mat. Mysterio nails him with more right hands, before lifting him up. He trips him with a drop-toe hold, sending Chavo into the ropes. The crowd actually boos Mysterio even more, as he charges... and nails the 6-1-9! Chavo flops to the middle of the ring, as Mysterio hops to the top rope. He flies off... Drop Of The Dime! Mysterio looks at Chavo, who just lies on the mat. He yells at him to fight back... and Chavo just shakes his head.

Cole: "What the hell is wrong with Chavo Guerrero?!"

Mysterio slides to the outside, and grabs a steel chair. He folds it, and slides back in. The referee grabs the chair, and a brief tussle between the two begins. However, its short lived, as Mysterio yanks the chair away. Chavo rises off the mat, and Mysterio swings... flooring Chavo with the chair! The ref has no choice but to call for the bell, as the boos really begin to pour in for the quick finish.

Result: Chavo Guerrero def. Rey Mysterio by disqualification after Mysterio hit Chavo with a steel chair (5:14)

Ratings: OR: 75%, CR: 81% (Whether they were booing Rey or cheering Chavo, they were into it), MQ: 70%, *3/4 (Actually, a interesting match, and unique booking, with Chavo refusing to fight until the point that Rey simply snapped and got himself disqualified)

Cole: "REY MYSTERIO HAS SNAPPED!!"

JBL: "What in Earth called for Mysterio to hit Guerrero with a steel chair?! He should be fined and suspended!"

Cole just groans, as Mysterio looks down at Chavo's fallen body. He raises the chair... but the ref this time grabs it! Mysterio turns around to the ref... and strikes him with a right hand! The crowd openly boos Mysterio now, as he stands over the body of the ref. He grabs the chair, and measures up Chavo, who's slowly getting up. He prepares to swing... but someone slides into the ring and stands between him and Chavo...

VICKIE GUERRERO?!

JBL: "What the hell is SHE doing out here?!"

Cole: "Finally, someone who can end this nonsense before it even gets started!"

Vickie pleads with Mysterio to put the chair down. Mysterio looks on shockingly, as Vickie continues to yell at him. He finally puts the chair down, and kicks it... right into Chavo's awaiting hands behind him. Chavo gets up.......... and smashes the chair across the spine of Mysterio!

Cole: "DAMMIT! THAT SNEAKY CHAVO!"

The crowd actually pops pretty big for that, as Mysterio crumbles to the mat in pain. Chavo has a sadistic smile on his face, as Vickie yells at him. Mysterio begins to rise... but is floored with another chairshot across the back of Mysterio! Mysterio falls back to the mat, clutching his back. He slowly pushes himself up, this time Chavo letting him up. Mysterio stands up... and Chavo swings, smashing Mysterio in his left arm! Mysterio holds his arm, as Chavo grabs at his mask. After a brief struggle, he manages to take off his mask. He drops it to the mat, and swings the chair once again, SMASHING it into Mysterio's skull!

Cole: "GOOD GOD NO!! SOMEBODY STOP THIS MESS!!"

The cameras zoom in on Mysterio's mask-less face, showing him now bleeding from ear to ear. Chavo laughs at him, and yells for him to get up, as Vickie (now crying), pleads with him to stop. He ignores her, and kicks Mysterio out of the ring. Mysterio falls in a heap to the arena floor, as Chavo makes his way out with his aunt following in hot pursuit. Chavo grabs the top of the ring steps, and places them in the middle of the end of the ramp. Vickie grabs him by the arm... but Chavo shoves her away, sending her crashing into the steel barricade! The crowd actually *gasp*... gasp in horror at that.

Cole: "SON OF A BITCH!"

JBL: "You watch your mouth there Michael Cole!"

Chavo looks at his fallen aunt briefly, who's balled up crying and clutching her wrist. He shrugs, and lifts a bloody Mysterio. He sets him up for a suplex, and lifts him high in the air. He holds him up for awhile...

... BEFORE DROPPING HIM DOWN ON THE STEEL STEPS WITH A BRAINBUSTER!!

Chavo stands up, with the sadistic smile back on his face. He slaps his chest, as Mysterio lies across the steps. The crowd actually lets out a huge ovation for him, as his theme hits. Referees and medics run out and attend to Vickie & Mysterio, as Chavo walks to the back.

Cole: "THAT DAMN CHAVO GUERRERO JUST DESTROYED REY MYSTERIO!!"

JBL: "You know what they say... you can't trust a Guerrero."

We see Chavo disappearing backstage, as the refs and medics attend to Mysterio. After a few moments of being attended to, Mysterio is put on a stretcher. He's taken out of the arena, as the crowd finally gets behind him and cheers. We go backstage, to see Mysterio being loaded into the ambulance, and finally the ambulance pulling off, driving to the nearest local hospital. We go to an ad for RAW's next pay-per-view, Unforgiven.

-Killing The Legend... Once And For All-

After the Unforgiven ad, we see Randy Orton backstage. He looks rather upset, stating that Rey Mysterio was one of his dearest friends. He then breaks out his trademark cocky smile, saying that Mysterio got exactly what he deserved, and that if Smackdown! didn't screw him out of the World Heavyweight title at WrestleMania 22, that this wouldn't have happened. This draws in a few boos, as Orton quickly segues into fulfilling his destiny once again, as he beats Hulk Hogan tonight. He promises that while Hulk Hogan may be the biggest icon that Sports Entertainment has ever seen, his time has passed, and it's time to make way for new talent (SHOOT~!). He says that tonight will be the restart of Randy Orton's legacy as the Legend Killer, and that the legend of Hulk Hogan will be killed... once and for all.

Legend vs. Legend Killer

After the promo, Randy Orton quickly made his way out amongst the boos of the Boston fans. Finally, after a long pause, the Legend himself made his way out to a TREMENDOUS ovation. The two quickly got the bout underway with a classic staredown, before exchanging right hands. Early on, Hogan easily proved why he's still a force to be reckoned with, taking it to the young, less-experienced Randy Orton. However, Orton was not down and out yet, and after some blatant cheating, got himself back into the match, working the "injured" leg of the legendary Hogan. Orton managed to keep the Hulkster grounded for most of the match, drawing in a lot of heat from the crowd. Eventually, however, Hogan once again overcame all the odds, fighting back and taking it to Orton. After an attempt for the Leg Drop was disrupted due to Hogan's injury, Orton quickly capitalized - nailing the RKO on Hogan. The crowd booed, sensing the end, as Orton went into a cover. However, the loyal Hulk-A-Maniacs knew better then that, as Hogan kicked out right before the three count, and began hulking up, much to the delight of the crowd. Three punches, a boot, and the Leg Drop followed, and that was it as the Legend defeated the Legend Killer. Hogan began to celebrate, but the celebration was short-lived, as the jealous Randy Orton quickly attacked Hogan. He quickly targeted the leg, stomping away on it, before going outside and grabbing a steel chair. He proceeded to smash the chair across Hogan's injured leg a few times, before dropping it and walking out. As the crowd booed Orton on, he just smiled, as King appropriately stated that while Hogan may have won the match, "the Legend Killer did what he said he was going to do", and that was indeed - killing the legend of Hulk Hogan.

Result: Hulk Hogan def. Randy Orton via pinfall after the Leg Drop (12:23)

Rating: *3/4 (Bad match, but Hogan's still over enough to rile a crowd up, and that's all that seems to matter in his matches nowadays)

-The Countdown Begins...-

[We go backstage, to see Smackdown! General Manager Theodore Long, as well as the representative for the CW Network Palmer Cannon in the GM's office.]

Theodore Long: "Whoa playa, what a match that was! I don't like RAW, but I gotta give 'em they dues when necessary, ya feel me?"

Palmer Cannon: "Oh, I TOTALLY feel you Teddy. RAW's good, but Smackdown! is BLOWING them out of the water tonight!"

Long: "Damn right we is dawg!"

[The two continue discussing things, as a knock on the door is heard. They both yell out "Come in!” The door opens, and in comes...

... Vince McMahon?

The WWE chairmen steps in. Cannon immediately rushes to him, and shakes his hand. Vince smiles, and walks over to the GM. He offers a hand shake, and Long responds... by balling up a fist, and giving McMahon a pound. McMahon, not sure what's going on, just follows Long with the different greeting.]

Long: "Mr. MacMahon! What do I owe the pleasure?"

Mr. McMahon: "Well Mr. Long, as you know, Smackdown! is one of my personal success stories to my already storied career in the Sports Entertainment business, and I would hate to see it be ruined."

Long: "What do ya mean, playa?"

Mr. McMahon: "The CW Network premiere show is just five weeks away, and I and the house of representatives of the CW Network are going to do some... viewing, if you will. Now, I'm sure Smackdown! will continue its relationship with the CW Network well long after the debut, but just to make sure of that, we WILL be on Smackdown! this Friday night to observe. Now gentlemen, I have a match to go get ready for, so I bid you two farewell."

[Cannon goes to shake Vince's hand once again. McMahon walks out, as Long looks on concerned. Cannon, meanwhile, is all smiles.]

Cannon: "Wow... what a guy!"

[The scene goes back to the ring, as we get ready for our next match.]

Rating: 83% (Should be an interesting Friday night)

[We see a long video package, detailing the feud between The Undertaker and The Great Khali over who's really the phenom in the WWE. We first see The Great Khali making his debut and destroying The Undertaker, and pinning him in a mere eight minutes in their first encounter at Judgment Day this past spring. We then see Khali taunting Taker, until he finally came back... only to be destroyed some more. We end the video package with Khali standing tall over Taker, as The Great Khali's music hits. The crowd boos slightly, as the 7'3" giant walks out with his manager. The two quickly make their way to the ring, waiting for Khali's opponent. After a few seconds of silence... the gong goes over, and the lights begin to flicker. The eerie entrance of the true phenom began, as The Undertaker slowly walks out. After a few minutes, he finally enters the ring and takes off his coat and hat, as the match begins.]

Singles Match

The Great Khali w/Daivari vs. The Undertaker

This time around, the Deadman immediately goes for the attack, nailing right hands to the face of Khali. The 7'3" monster barely flinches, and goes for a right hand. Taker dodges it, and begins hitting Khali with a barrage of rights and lefts. Khali is backed into the ropes, as Taker goes for an irish whip. Khali doesn't budge, as he pulls Taker back... and clotheslines him! Taker falls to the mat, and as Khali goes to move... he trips over him? Both men lie on the mat, obviously speaking to each other, before standing up. Khali goes for another wild punch... and it connects! Taker looks up, and begins yelling at Khali. The crowd seems pretty confused, as Taker nails Khali with a VERY stiff looking punch. This actually causes Khali to fall to the mat. The crowd pops a bit, as Taker drops a leg across the neck of Khali and goes into the cover. 1.... 2.... Khali gets the shoulder up. Taker stalks Khali, as he slowly rises to his feet. He nails him with a punch, and another. He goes for an irish whip into the corner, but Khali sloppily reverses. Taker crashes into the corner, and Khali charges. Taker gets the boot up though, which causes Khali... to fall back to the mat? The crowd begins booing, as well as chanting "Boring!".

Cole: "These two monsters are going to war!"

JBL rolls his eyes, for some reason, as the "Boring!" chants continue to grow. Khali leans against the ropes, as Taker continues to yell at him. He nails a few more legitimate looking right hands. Khali holds his hand up to block them, but Taker slaps it away and hits a few more. He helps Khali off his feet... but Khali floors him with a hard chop! Taker falls to the mat, but quickly sits up. Taker gets up... and is greeted with another chop! The ref kneels down to Taker, and whispers something in his ear. Taker slightly nods his head... and sits up again? Khali grabs him by the throat, and lifts him high in the air. He drops him hard to the canvas... with a two-handed chokeslam! A new chant breaks out, this time being "This match sucks!", as Khali yells out to the crowd. He puts his foot on Taker's chest, as the ref makes the count. 1...... 2...... 3?!

Cole: "What... the hell?"

JBL: "Huh?"

Khali's music plays again, as he stands over the Deadman. The crowd, for the third time during a Smackdown! match, proceeds to shit over the finish. Suddenly, Daivari slides in the ring... and begins attacking The Undertaker! He goes to town with right and left hands, as the ref tries to pull him off. Daivari stops momentarily... only to push the ref to the mat! The ref slides out of the ring, and walks over to Tony Chimel. He whispers something in his ear, as Daivari continues to attack Taker, while Khali just looks on.

Tony Chimel: "Ladies and gentlemen, due to the manager of The Great Khali, Daivari, putting his hands on a WWE official, the original decision of this match has been overturned! Therefore, the winner of this match - THE UNDERTAKER!!"

Result: The Undertaker def. The Great Khali by reverse decision after Daivari put his hands on a WWE official after the match (5:27)

Ratings: OR: 68%, CR: 74% (Crowd was surprisingly strong, as they booed the hell out of this match), MQ: 56%, 1/2* (AWFUL match, as the bout seemed to suffer from Khali not knowing what to do, and Taker sort of taking his anger out on him for some reason...)

Cole: "WHOA!"

The Great Khali stares at Daivari, as the crowd cheers for the decision being overturned. Taker sits up, as Khali grabs Daivari by the throat, and begins to choke him. In one swift motion... he tosses Daivari over the top rope! The crowd actually pops for that a bit, as Taker stands up. Khali walks over to him... and Taker grabs him by the throat! He barely manages to lift him off the mat, but still drives him into the mat with a chokeslam! The lights dim, as Taker quickly walks out of the ring. Khali lies on the mat, as Taker heads backstage. The crowd seems quite confused, as do the announcers, who opt to say nothing. We immediately go backstage.

-Are You Ready?-

The rabid Boston crowd lets out a huge ovation, as we see Triple H & Shawn Michaels, D-Generation-X, backstage. The duo soaks in the cheers, before beginning to speak. They state that the future of D-Generation-X is on the line tonight, as they face off with the McMahons in a tag team street fight. Michaels mockingly ask how they will ever overcome the odds that RAW's authority has placed before them. HHH responds that all they have to do is take it to the cock-loving Vince, and his master puppet son Shane, beat them senseless, and pin them 1... 2... 3. Shawn says that he suppose that the Game is right, and the D-X duo promise to take it to the McMahons tonight. And if they're not down with that, then they just have two words for them... SUCK IT!

Tag Team Street Fight

D-Generation-X vs. The McMahons

We saw a video detailing the feud, all the way from December with Shawn Michaels interrupting Vince McMahon's Bret Hart DVD review, to Michaels and HHH's classic matches at WrestleMania with both men doing the D-X crotch chop. We then see the reunion of D-X, and their weekly destruction of the McMahons & The Spirit Squad. Finally, we see the McMahons finally getting the advantage over D-X, and the video comes to a close. The D-X duo came out to one of the biggest pops of the night, doing their usual routine on the mic before the McMahons come out. However, the McMahons didn't come to the ring, as they stood on the stage. They then motioned to the back, and out came the Spirit Squad, to no surprise. Michaels and the Game quickly disposed of the five male cheerleaders, much to the disappointment of Vinnie Mac & Shane O. However, the McMahons had another plan up their sleeve, as they motioned to the back again. This time, RAW's lower card finest ran out, which included: Lance Cade & Trever Murdoch, a returning Chris Masters and Rob Conway. D-X had a bit trouble getting rid of the four, but eventually did so. They would not get to celebrate long, however, as the McMahons quickly attacked D-X. The McMahons, surprisingly, took it to D-X in the opening moments of the match, but the Degenerates quickly came back and battered half of the most powerful family in Sports Entertainment. D-X basically toyed with father and son, destroying them with various weapons, and generally making fun of them. D-X went in for the kill, as HBK nailed the Sweet Chin Music on Shane. HHH went in for a Pedigree, but somehow Shane mustered up enough strength to backdrop the Game over the top rope. HHH quickly recovered... but would not make it back to the ring, as an interfering Randy Orton tossed him into the steel steps. HBK began taking it to Shane, but Orton snuck in the ring and nailed an RKO on the Heart Break Kid. Shane went into the cover, but a recovering Vince pleaded with his son to let him make the cover. Shane obliged, and one three count later, the McMahons finally gained the win over D-Generation-X. HHH came back into the ring afterwards, but the McMahons, with Orton added to the equation, quickly floored HHH, and tried his arms up in the ropes. The trio proceeded to destroy HBK. Orton quickly made his way out of the ring, grabbing a steel chair. For the second time in the night, the Legend Killer destroyed the leg of a legend with the steel chair, as HBK's best friend could only look as he sat tangled up in the ropes. Orton finally stopped the demolition, and raises Vince & Shane's arms in the air, as the crowd booed them on. The three left, as HHH finally freed himself, and along with medical personnel, came to the injured HBK's aid.

Result: The McMahons def. D-Generation-X via pinfall when Vince pinned HBK after Randy Orton's interference (14:48)

Rating: ** (Mostly one sided, non-inspiring brawling that concluded with a bad finish)

[After a brief ad for The Marine, starring RAW superstar John Cena, the crowd filled the TD Northbank Garden with boos, as the obnoxious King Booker, along with his Queen Sharmell, made their way to the ring. Cole & JBL speculated that this would perhaps be the biggest match in Smackdown! history, and then proceeded to argue over who was the favorite going into this match. The World Heavyweight champion stood in the middle of the ring, and twirled around, as a golden shower rained down. The crowd, of course, bought into the arrogant actions of the King, and mercifully booed him. The picture-perfect entrance, as JBL likes to call it, was interrupted, as "I Walk Alone" by Saliva hit the speakers. The Boston crowd ROARED, as what Cole notes as "the most dominant World Heavyweight champion in recent memory", walks out. Batista plays up to the crowd, followed by an impressive pyro display, before making his way to the ring. After posing for the crowd, the two met up in the middle of the ring and went face-to-face. The crowd began cheering, as the bell rang.]

King Booker© w/Queen Sharmell vs. Batista

The two begin with an old fashioned lock-up in the middle of the ring. Batista, obviously being the stronger of the two, backs the King into the corner. The ref makes the Animal break up the hold, which allows Booker to get in a cheap shot! He begins nailing Batista with right hands, before whipping him into the ropes. Batista reverses, and bends over for a back drop. Booker halts himself, and nails a stiff kick in the face of Batista. Batista holds his nose, as Booker goes against the ropes. He charges... and gets planted with a powerslam! The cover... 1.... 2.... the King gets the shoulder up off the mat. Batista attempts to life the King up... but Book makes it harder on him, dead weighting himself. Batista, with a look of anger on his face, begins hammering away with hard blows to the back of the King. He lifts him up, and plants him on the mat with a scoop slam. He drops an elbow across the chest, before going into the cover. 1.... 2.... Book again gets the shoulder up.

Cole: "The Animal is certainly taking it to the King early on in this match."

JBL: "There's the keyword Michael Cole, early. He's no match for the King!"

Cole groans, as Batista tosses Book into the corner. The champ has a look of pain on his face, as Batista rams his shoulder into his gut a few times. He then whips the King across the ring, and charges. Book, however, gets the boot up, followed with a running back elbow to floor the Animal. Book goes into the cover, 1... 2... kickout. The World Heavyweight champion takes time to complain to the ref about the count, but the ref stands by his decision. Book lifts Batista up, and quickly nails a snapmare, before locking in a chinlock (!). Batista quickly powers out of it, and stands up. The crowd begins chanting "Boring!", as the two begin slugging it out. This actually results in some boos, as Batista gains the advantage. He whips Book across the ring, but is floored with a flying lariat! The King taunts the crowd, resulting in even more boos, as he goes into a cover. 1.... 2.... Batista gets the shoulder up.

Cole: "What a move by the King, and the crowd is CERTAINLY into this match!"

JBL: "Yeah, if you call booing both men as being into this match, then sure!"

The "war" continues on in the ring, as Book lifts up Batista. He nails a few chops and right hands, before whipping Batista into the ropes. The Animal reverses, and catches the King as he comes back. He lifts Booker up... spinebuster! No... at the last second, Booker counters it into a DDT! Batista clutches his head in pain, as Book rolls him over and goes into the cover. One....... Two....... Thr-No! Batista gets the shoulder up at the last second! The King complains to the referee, but quickly is on the attack, stomping away on Batista. He lifts him up, and kicks him in the gut. Booker hooks the arm of Batista around his neck, and lifts him up for a falling suplex. Batista crashes hard to the mat, as Book rolls over into the cover. ONE........ TWO............ THRE-NO!! The Animal once again got the shoulder up at the last second! The crowd slowly began warming up to the match, but the loud "Boring!" chants continued as well. The King lifts Batista up, and nails a vicious right hand. Batista, however, responds with one of his own. The two begin slugging it out, with Batista gaining the advantage. He charged towards the King... and nailed a clothesline! Booker quickly gets up, but is floored with another one. He lifts the King up, and whips him into the ropes. He comes back... and Batista connects with a back drop! The crowd actually pops a bit, as the champ crashes hard into the canvas. Batista plays to the crowd a bit, but is quickly on the attack. He stalks his prey, as Booker slowly gets up. He turns around... right into a spear!

Cole: "SPEAR!! SPEAR!! THE CHAMPION IS DOWN!"

JBL: "NO! This is a miscarriage of justice!"

Cole: "Miscarriage of justice?"

JBL: "Yes, you idiot! Justice has just miscarried!"

... Anywho, the champ clutches his ribs, as Batista begins "Animaling" up, of sorts. He grabs the top rope, and begins to shake it, but even THAT fails to get a response other then boos out of the crowd. He stalks Booker, as he slowly gets up. He raises his thumbs up in the air, and sets the King up for the Batista Bomb. He sharply turns the thumbs down... but pauses, as Queen Sharmell steps on the ring apron. The referee orders Sharmell to get off the apron, but Batista takes care of it, and pulls her into the ring! The Queen lands hard on her back, as Batista scoops her up. The Animal sets her up for the Batista Bomb, but her husband quickly makes the save. Sharmell rolls out of the ring, as Book backs up, and goes for a sidekick. He steps forward... but Batista ducks, and the King hits the ref!

Cole: "Oh no, the ref is down!"

The ref lays sprawled out on the mat. Book looks towards the back, and motions for someone to come out. Out runs William Regal, to a chorus of boos. Regal hops up on the ring apron, but is pulled off by... Finlay?!

JBL: "WHAT THE FREAKIN' HELL?!"

Regal crashes into the apron, and Finlay begins clubbing at him with right hands! The crowd actually pops for this, as the two begin exchanging punches. Book looks over the top rope in shock, and yells at the two to stop. However, neither man obliges, and continue to brawl. Suddenly... BOBBY LASHLEY runs down and attacks both men! The three men all begin to brawl up the ramp, and slowly disappeared backstage. Booker turned around... right into a kick to the mid-section. He set the King up for the Batista Bomb again, but... WHACK! The Queen just smacked the Animal across the back with a steel chair!

Cole: "Oh, come on! The referee is down, and now Queen Sharmell just hit Batista with the damn steel chair!"

JBL: "What's wrong with that? She's PROTECTING the King, dammit!"

The two's bickering doesn't last long, as Batista just stares at Sharmell. He grabs her again, and sets her up for the Batista Bomb! This time, another loud chair shot is heard, as the King SMASHES it across the back of Batista. This one does the trick, causing Batista to break up the hold and clutch his back. Sharmell rolls out of the ring quickly, as Booker charged with the chair. At the last moment... Batista grabbed Booker as he swung, lifted him up in the air, and nailed a spinebuster! The crowd began to cheer for the Animal finally, as he went into the cover. ONE.............. TWO............... THREE!

Cole: "DAMMIT! BATISTA HAS THE MATCH WON, AND THERE'S NO REFEREE! BATI-WAIT A MINUTE!!"

Batista lets go of the leg, and gets up... just in time to be driven to the canvas with a two-handed chokeslam...

... BY THE GREAT KHALI?!

Cole: "WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING OUT HERE?!"

JBL: "ALL HAIL KHALI!"

The crowd booed, as the 7'3" monster placed Booker on top of the referee. The referee recovered, and began making the count. ONE...................................... TWO.......................................... THREE!!

Result: King Booker© def. Batista via pinfall after The Great Khali's interference to retain the World Heavyweight title (10:25)

Ratings: OR: 78%, CR: 82% (The Bostians surprisingly booed Batista a lot, but warmed up to the Animal near the end of the match), MQ: 69%, *3/4 (Weird, weird match with a clusterfuck finish to boot)

Cole: "DAMMIT! DAMMIT! THAT DAMN GREAT KHALI JUST COST BATISTA THE WORLD TITLE!"

The crowd booed, and began to throw various items to the ring, as The Great Khali looked down on the fallen Batista. The King rolled out of the ring, and grabbed his World Heavyweight title quickly, all the while clutching his ribs in pain. Queen Sharmell helped him to the back, as Khali stood over the Animal. He raises his arms in the air, as we cut backstage.

-Panic Time!-

We see Paul Heyman, and the ECW World champion The Big Show walking down the corridor. Show put over the Great Khali as being the most dominant man in Sports Entertainment... next to him, of course. The ECW owner, however, seems more concerned about Sabu, and questioned if the extreme giant had enough to retain the title. The Big Show told his manager and boss to relax, and that he's going to make history tonight as he walks out still the ECW World champion.

ECW World Championship "Extreme Rules" Match

The Big Show© w/Paul Heyman vs. Sabu

After the brutal I Quit match earlier in the evening, the first ever ECW match, being competed under "Extreme Rules" certainly had a lot to live up to. However, the extreme giant and the suicidal, homicidal, genocidal Sabu made the most of what they were given. Early on in the match, Sabu proved to The Big Show just how extreme he could be, with various ways of using a steel chair to inflict pain upon the ECW World champion. The Big Show, however, was not one that was unfamiliar to getting extreme, and took Sabu to the limit. The two combats went to war with chairs, singapore canes and tables. In the end, Paul Heyman attempted to get involved in the match, but Sabu grabbed him. Before he could anything, Show made the save, and went for a chokeslam through a table that Sabu had previously set up. Suddenly... the extreme giant was hit from behind with a steel chair from an interfering Rob Van Dam. Show turned around, and tossed the chair to Show. He went for the Van Daminator... but Show moved out of the way, and held the chair in front of Sabu, causing RVD to hit the Van Daminator on his friend. Show quickly got rid of RVD, and chokeslammed Sabu through the table to get the win. The two certainly made history, but the extreme giant went down as the first man to win an ECW match in the long history of Summerslam. Afterwards, RVD tried to apologize for his mistake, but Sabu just shoved him off and walked away.

Result: The Big Show© def. Sabu via pinfall after a chokeslam through a table to retain the ECW World title (6:09)

Rating: ** (Decent little six-minute brawl)

WWE Heavyweight Title Match

Title can change hands on a disqualification or count-out

In the final hype video of the evening, we see two men with nothing in common except wanting to be the WWE champion. We see the detailed history of this rivalry, dating all the way back to early 2006, with Edge using his Money in The Bank title shot that he won at WrestleMania 21 after a brutal Elimination Chamber match that John Cena barely escaped as the WWE champion. We see the two battling at the Royal Rumble, Backlash, Edge costing Cena the title at ECW's One Night Stand, Edge winning the WWE title for a second time in a triple threat match involving Cena and then WWE champion Rob Van Dam on RAW, Cena winning by disqualification at Saturday Night's Main Event, and finally, the vicious attacks between the two leading to this match. Both men made their way out to the ring, and the interesting thing was that while Edge received a round of boos (especially after insulting the Red Sox on his way to the ring), Cena also received a round of boos, ironically in his hometown. However, the boos never stopped Cena, as he immediately took it to the champ in the opening bell. Lita quickly tried to get Edge disqualified and counted out, first dragging Edge out of the ring as Cena went for an F-U early on, and arguing with him until he nearly missed the referee's ten-count, and then by shoving the referee. Edge yelled at her, and sent her to the back, allowing the Canadian champion and the hometown challenger to go to war. And with all war comes blood, sweat and tears, as these two gave a performance of a life-time. Both men gave it their all, whether it was bleeding like a pig, exchanging right hands, dominating the other man, or simply going for their finisher. The crowd was a unique one, openly booing Edge, but sometimes refusing to cheer for their hometown hero. However, the crowd was on their feet for this non-stop action (hehe), and roared after every near-fall. In the end of this bloody encounter, Edge went for a spear, but Cena quickly scooped up the champ for the F-U. He went for it, but Edge caught his balance as he came down, and speared the challenger. He went into the cover, but got a long two count that the crowd ferociously popped for as Cena kicked out. Edge grabbed the title belt from the outside, and went to hit Cena with it, but Cena gave him a taste of his own medicine with a spear. That as well, received a long two count, much to the dismay of the Boston crowd. However, the cheers would come, as Cena lifted Edge up for the F-U, and this time connected. Edge's foot, however, hit the referee as he came down, knocking him to the mat. Cena locked in the STFU... but suddenly... Umaga came charging into the match. Cena broke the hold, and stood toe-to-toe with the Samoan, as Edge slowly got to his feet. Umaga then sneered at the challenger... and attacked Edge. The referee recovered, and witnessed the attack, as he slowly made his way up. Cena quickly attacked Umaga, and clotheslined him out of the ring. Edge went for another spear, but Cena tripped him, and locked in the STFU. After a few seconds, Edge quickly tapped out, as the ref got up and called for the bell. The Bostians went into a cheering frenzy, but that wouldn't last long, as Lillian Garcia announced that the referee saw Umaga's attack on Edge, and therefore Edge won the match by disqualification, once again walking out as the WWE champion. The cheers quickly turned into anger, as Cena stood in the ring shocked, once again being screwed out of the WWE title. Cena quickly grabbed a chair, and went to work on a returning Umaga and Edge, and while he may not have walked out the winner, he certainly stood tall with the steel chair in hand, as Summerslam came to a close.

Result: Edge© def. John Cena by disqualification after Umaga interfered and attacked Edge to retain the WWE Heavyweight title (16:27)

Rating: ****1/4 (The best pure wrestling match of the evening, although that's not saying much)

Overall Rating: 76%

Tuesday, August 22nd, 2006

Two days removed from the biggest party of the summer, and I couldn't have been more happier.

Teddy insisted that I sat in while he and his creative team worked on Smackdown!'s portion of the event. I actually had a lot of input, which was pretty surprising. Not many of my ideas were used, but at least they feigned interest in it, which is a BIG step. Nonetheless, I felt that the second biggest pay-per-view of the year for the WWE came off very well.

... Well, RAW's part, anyway.

See, I've been thoroughly watching the WWE for as long as I could remember. Since the infamous "inVasion" angle ended, my passion for wrestling sort of dwindled over the years. However, I DID watch and examined the brand extension since it began, and never once did I feel that RAW was superior to Smackdown!...

... until tonight.

God, I HATED that show. I mean, really, what the fuck was Teddy thinking? Paul London & Brian Kendrick regaining the WWE Tag Team titles so soon? Finlay & William Regal just won the titles a few weeks ago, for christ's sake! I argued that Finlay & Regal could be a very successful team and could re-launch the tag team division on Smackdown!, which once was dominant with the likes of Edge & Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit, Los Guerreros & The World's Greatest Tag Team putting out classic matches every week. I felt that even with we threw some teams together, with Finlay & Regal and London & Kendrick feuding, we could develop some challengers for the belts slowly but surely. However, Teddy informed me that Vince wanted either Finlay & Regal to turn face soon, and that pretty much put a damper on my plans.

I could sense that The Undertaker & The Great Khali ended up fucking their match up, but nobody said anything about it after the show. I knew that the match was suppose to go about nine to eleven mintues, but instead the two went home just a little bit after five minutes of god-awful action. That would definetly come to the attention of the internet wrestling community later on.

But, with all the bad, came one good thing.

Yes... they actually used an idea of mines.

See, Teddy & his writers wanted to have Rey Mysterio & Chavo Guerrero battle it out in a long affair, with Rey getting the win after some "questionable" Vickie Guerrero interference. However, Vickie would turn on Rey in upcoming weeks, and side with Chavo over this feud that to me, is milking the memory of Eddie Guerrero for what it's worth. I didn't want that, and went to bat for my personal beliefes.

And somehow... it managed to work.

I gave them a great idea for the storyline as a whole, and Teddy later informed me that even Vince himself was impressed. Of course, Teddy took the credit for it, but for the sake of Eddie Guerrero's legacy, I didn't mind. I just hope that they don't change their minds and go with what THEY wanted. After all, I'm just an advisor and a guy to run ideas by. I have no say in what goes on. But hey, as long as they use my ideas, they can have all the credit they want. I just wanted to see certain things happen from a fan's perspective, if you know what I mean.

I logged onto WWE.com early Tuesday morning, feeling pretty good. RAW certainly blew Smackdown! out of the water this past Sunday, but at least Smackdown! was slowly making progress. Sure, it was baby steps, but at least it was something.

Anywho, I was pretty tired, but the news I read CERTAINLY woke me up.

WWE Releases Four Superstars (8.22.06)

Tatanka, Jake & Jesse Gymini and Mike "The Miz" Mizanin have been released from their contracts today. The WWE wishes them the best of luck in all future envaduors.

:w00t:

What. A. Show.

I really enjoyed that one, from top to bottom, an absolutely awesome read. The amount of thought and time you put into booking and writing matches that had NOTHING TO DO with your show was certainly immense, and that's commitment/drive, so go you. (Y)

Awesome SmackDown stuff too, Mike. Khali/Taker was the most enjoyable train wreck I've read as it actually felt like one, rather than just being written like a normal match with the word "botched" cropping up every now and then.

Kendrick/London vs. Regal/Finlay was nice, and the post-match tensions/Lashley return should definitely keep things fresh and interesting for the next few weeks. That's one of my favourite angles on your show right now.

Booker/Batista was nice, although compared to what came before it was just kinda 'there' really, as nothing major stood out. That may have been your intention, due to the scoop on Dave being a douchebag after the fact, so meh.

By far and above my favourite angle was the Rey/Chavo stuff. We discussed this, with the Vickie Guerrero situation, on MSN a couple of weeks back and I was high on it from the get-go, so hopefully you book it out like that because you've started strong and this could be awesome.

Nice to see EWR helping your "curse" angle out by injuring Kennedy, haha. Oh well, he seemed to be treading water anyway, so I guess it can't hurt.

I lost predictions. Square bottom! D'oh. <_< Oh well, it means you're being unpredictable and giving us surprises, so kudos for that as many WWE diaries end up being very paint-by-numbers with booking.

9/10 for a fantastic show.

I read this diary since day one, what makes it good is the incredible amount of detail you put in. Now to review:

- Putting the titles back on Londrick was a good choice. I am not a big fan of Finlay being a double champion.

- Taker/Khali BOOOO. And why are you deciding to go for a NC ending?

- Rey/Chavo. Intrigued to see where you take it from here. I probably couldn't do this soap opera stuff.

- Kennedy gets injured. Heh, Irony, the dude's been in only 3 PPV matches so far.

- Batista/Booker played out great. I was surprised in real life when they did not have the court interfere.

As for the RAW and ECW matches, I have to commend you for making them full write-ups.

7/10

Edited by Jaze

It has taken me a week or so to read the whole thing but im finally finished. I love how your booking Smackdown but there is some stuff i need to say about your booking that i find .... horrible, really.

- The 10 Man Over The Top Battle Royale was as bad as it could of possibly been. First you have London and Kendrick fighting each other near the end. That's just not good for anybody, they need to stay as a tag team. And then, with them gone i was thinking Regal would win and we would have an interesting title match on our hands but fucking GOD... what the fuck ?. Vito ?. Absolutely terrible decision is all i have to say. You could of had either Kendrick or London winning so the tag title match at Summerslam also included the US Title on the line.

- Then the tag match itself came. Regal and Finlay turned on each other FAR too soon, it could of lead to something quite interesting but it's happened far too soon for me to really care like i did beforehand. Aswell as that, what does this do for your new champs ?. What do they have to do ?. They finally had something going with Regal and Finlay and were getting a push but that attack from Bobby Lashley leads me to think that London and Kendrick are going to be left with other less desirable things to do on Smackdown.

All i have to say, is Patience. It all came too soon and i don't see anyone benefiting from it.

- Khali vs. Batista ?. What a nightmare. That's really all i have to say about it all. I mean the Taker vs. Khali match was actually pretty good with how you wrote it but the end was just retarted.

- The Batista vs. Booker match really dissapointed me. Too much going on that i found it hard to catch up. Complete clusterfuck with a fucking horrible ending. Could of been a solid match but this was overbooking at it's worst.

- Also, adding RAW matches and ECW matches was kinda weird. I know its a multi brand PPV but you know, why should i care about that stuff. Afterall, this is about Smackdown not ECW and RAW. I skimmed through those matches not caring one bit.

Overall, i was looking forward to Summerslam and came out of it dissapointed with almost everything. Nothing agaisnt your writing however but the booking was just atrocious. However, there are a lot more positves than negatives in this diary, i just can't be bothered to highlight them right now. All i have to say is that i will keep on reading, good job.

3 out of 5.

P.S - Please do not take offence to the things i have said. It's just constructive critsicism but uh.... i guess a bit more harsh. Just the way i react to stuff like this.

Edited by mAXi

It has taken me a week or so to read the whole thing but im finally finished. I love how your booking Smackdown but there is some stuff i need to say about your booking that i find .... horrible, really.

- The 10 Man Over The Top Battle Royale was as bad as it could of possibly been. First you have London and Kendrick fighting each other near the end. That's just not good for anybody, they need to stay as a tag team. And then, with them gone i was thinking Regal would win and we would have an interesting title match on our hands but fucking GOD... what the fuck ?. Vito ?. Absolutely terrible decision is all i have to say. You could of had either Kendrick or London winning so the tag title match at Summerslam also included the US Title on the line.

- Then the tag match itself came. Regal and Finlay turned on each other FAR too soon, it could of lead to something quite interesting but it's happened far too soon for me to really care like i did beforehand. Aswell as that, what does this do for your new champs ?. What do they have to do ?. They finally had something going with Regal and Finlay and were getting a push but that attack from Bobby Lashley leads me to think that London and Kendrick are going to be left with other less desirable things to do on Smackdown.

All i have to say, is Patience. It all came too soon and i don't see anyone benefiting from it.

- Khali vs. Batista ?. What a nightmare. That's really all i have to say about it all. I mean the Taker vs. Khali match was actually pretty good with how you wrote it but the end was just retarted.

- The Batista vs. Booker match really dissapointed me. Too much going on that i found it hard to catch up. Complete clusterfuck with a fucking horrible ending. Could of been a solid match but this was overbooking at it's worst.

- Also, adding RAW matches and ECW matches was kinda weird. I know its a multi brand PPV but you know, why should i care about that stuff. Afterall, this is about Smackdown not ECW and RAW. I skimmed through those matches not caring one bit.

Overall, i was looking forward to Summerslam and came out of it dissapointed with almost everything. Nothing agaisnt your writing however but the booking was just atrocious. However, there are a lot more positves than negatives in this diary, i just can't be bothered to highlight them right now. All i have to say is that i will keep on reading, good job.

3 out of 5.

P.S - Please do not take offence to the things i have said. It's just constructive critsicism but uh.... i guess a bit more harsh. Just the way i react to stuff like this.

You're never gonna please some people, eh? You book everything great, it's unrealistic. You make it realistic, and people complain parts of it suck.

That's the point.

Plus, half of those things make perfect sense, Maxi, so nyah. :P

Anyhow, SD looks to be a very good show indeed, Vito's US title shot probably won't lead to much unless you're really going to push the Regal/Finlay feud, and the Helms Open Invitational looks... yeah. Khali vs. Batista in a Battle of The Injury-Prone Slugs is going to bomb hard unless you get it over fast and well, so I'll be watching with great interest.

Hope no one got me wrong. Im mostly pleased with the diary, but my post would be about as long as one of Aztec Warrior's shows if i added the positives.

Looking forward to the next show. I want to see how you continue Batista/Booker after that 'thing' at Summerslam allthough i guess you probably won't with Khali attacking Batista. Let's just say that im not excited about that.

Im upset about Keneddy being injured, i was loving the Keneddy push. Maybe you could use him in a role on Smackdown anyway, just not in a match. Afterall, its your segments that i mostly enjoy.

Keep it up.

• 11 months later...