The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

If that actually gets implemented then I will gladly stay far away from buying the console. I rely on used games since I dont have that much spare change to spend on games, and I trade games in during deals to get in store credit to pay the bulk of stuff. I can understand forcing people to buy a card that grants them the online access for buying a game used, but to outright prevent used games from being played is fucking stupid.

I don't know who in the industry got this bug up their ass about used games, but they've been a reality of the industry since it began. I'd love to see someone try this and then try to deal with it when Gamefly, GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon, and any other store that sells used games, refuse to carry the product.

Amazon and Best Buy wouldn't be fussed at all, they're only doing the used game thing because Gamestop was making a bunch of money. Gamestop is the only company that would have a problem with it, but not carrying new video games? That's a death sentence for that company, they'd have to play ball. Much like they did with EA's online pass code.

If they did stop allowing people to sell their games, I can see them employing a method similar to those used to reduce ticket scalping - set up a site where people can sell their games to others (at a cut price to the first hand tag), with Microsoft getting a cut of the sale, alá Paypal for eBay.

I got it cheap, a fiver new which I think is good since it'll have the online pass in it. I know the story isn't co-op but I think there's a horde-ish type thing to play.

http://www.videogameszone.de/Gotham-City-Impostors-Xbox360-236581/News/Gotham-City-Impostors-Wir-verlosen-Xbox-360-Codes-fuer-die-Open-Beta-Sofort-Code-abstauben-865627/

Click on ">>> Jetzt an der Beta-Key-Verlosung für Gotham City Impostors für Xbox 360 teilnehmen"

And enter your e-mail for a Gotham City Imposters Beta Code

It's legit, I'm downloading mine now.