Possible Return Of Battlebots

Yitzy

The following was at the end of an email Newsletter:

BATTLEBOTS 6.0:

With the lawsuit behind us, BattleBots is working harder than ever to get back on television. To do this, BattleBots needs to create promotional video materials that prove to networks that the Builders are pushing the envelope, the Bots are tougher, and the sport is more exciting than ever. BattleBots is making every effort to hold a televised event towards the end of 2004, but we need your help. This NPC Charity Open event will serve as a showcase for the television show we want to create. BattleBots will be videotaping the charity event to capture pit and combat footage that will be used to close a national television deal. If you want to help get BattleBots back on TV, come to the NPC Charity Open and kick some Bot!

Oh hell yes. Back in the day i was a battlebot nut. It was the best in robotic combat. Robotica and Robot Wars are left in the dust by battlebots.

More information is availible Here

Battlebots was cool, I liked it. And was Mick Foley on Battlebots or not?

Mick Foley was on American Robot Wars. American Robot wars was okay, the UK one they play on TechTV sucks, Nickeloden Robot Wars sucks major balls. And Robotica is just above American Robot wars. So to sum it up

Battlebots>Robotica>US Robot Wars>UK Robot Wars>Dog Shit>Nick Robot Wars.

Fuck yeah, I wondered what happened to them. I used to watch Battlebots all the time, it was a kickass show.

Anyone remember their favorite bots? Mine was Biohazard, such a small bot and yet it kicked major ass in the show.

Fuck yeah, I wondered what happened to them. I used to watch Battlebots all the time, it was a kickass show.

Anyone remember their favorite bots? Mine was Biohazard, such a small bot and yet it kicked major ass in the show.

BOOO! I HATED BioHazard with a passion! It was cheap, it was low, so noone could get under to flip it, but he got under you, and flipped you.

I liked:

Vlad The Impaler/Vladiator (it was cool)

Toro/T-Minus (T-Minus's first match he flipped his opponent 7 ft in the air)

Tentomushi (it was the one with the ladybug covering)

Ziggo (It was just plain Scary and ripped everyone up)

Backlash/Nightmare (See above)

Whyachi (see Above)

Diesector/Tazbot (They were very well made)

Complete Control (He Could fucking suplex!)

there are some others but i can't recall.

The pink one was bad ass...simply because it was pink. :/ And it was kicking ass.

I belive you are talking about Mecha-Mouser Catbot??

Edited by Komodo 3000

Tentomushi (it was the one with the ladybug covering)

HELL YES. I loved that thing even if it like never won when it had a televised match.

Man. I barely remember a lot of Battlebots these days but I loved a ton of it. I remember the lightweight finals of 3.0 being really awesome, but I can't remember who was in it. I think someone upset Little Drummer Boy who up until that point had killed everyone.

Vladinator was easily the best, but shit, I haven't seen BattleBots in well over 3 years....and the Ladybug one was pretty cool, but I hafta agree with a few others, Biohazard was the best, but my personal favourite was Vlad The Impaler.Who owned.Majorly.

Edited by The Midget

Lawsuit? What type of lawsuit? :mellow:

April 27, 1999- Robot Wars® LLC (aka Profile Records and Steve Plotnicki and Gary Pini) announce that they are suing Battlebots for attempting to cause "enormous economic harm" to Robot Wars® due to the fact that the 1999 planned event dates conflicted (which they did not: BB | RW). Battlebots owner Trey Roski responds

June 14, 1999- The decision is in! In the case of Robot Wars vs. BattleBots, the courts have decided that Robot Wars has NO rights to stop BattleBots from happening on its scheduled date and time.

http://www.robotcombat.com/history.html

APR 25 2004 BATTLEBOTS WINS COMPLETE VICTORY IN PROFILE RECORDS LAWSUIT

BattleBots Wins Complete Victory In Profile Records Lawsuit BattleBots is pleased to announce a complete victory in the lawsuit brought by Profile Records (now known as Astor Holdings). On April 22, 2004, a jury in New York returned a complete defense victory for BattleBots and Trey Roski. The jury unanimously rejected Profile's claim that BattleBots or Trey Roski tortiously interfered in agreements between Profile and Marc Thorpe, the creator of Robot Wars and a pioneer of robotic combat.

This represents the second time that BattleBots has defeated Profile Records or Robot Wars in litigation. In 1999, Robot Wars -- which at that time was owned entirely by Profile -- asked a federal judge in New York to stop BattleBots' first event. BattleBots defeated Robot Wars' motion for a preliminary injunction and Profile dismissed the lawsuit shortly after that. As a result, BattleBots August 1999 event in Long Beach, California went forward, and the rest is history. BattleBots' trial victory marks the end of a second lawsuit that Profile filed in March 2001 in federal court in New York.

Earlier in the case, U.S. District Judge Gerard Lynch dismissed many of Profile's claims against BattleBots, and the jury verdict resolved the rest of the case entirely in BattleBots' and Roski's favor. "After five years, we are thrilled to put Profile's aggressive litigation behind us, and are gratified that the jury confirmed what we have known all along -- that we acted properly and did nothing except help advance the sport of robot combat for you, the community of robot builders," said Trey Roski, the CEO of BattleBots. "We regret having to defend Profile's lawsuits, but are happy that we can now focus on moving our sport forward. Look forward to exciting announcements soon."

Edited by Psicosis

Komodo had a cool point for his good taste in robots, but lost it when he boo'd the greatest bot to ever form into a square:  Biohazard :P

Biohazard was the Jeff Gordon/Yankees/Chicago Bulls of BattleBots. He couldn't be beat and it was just always boring to watch. I started cheering like crazy when Son of Whyachi teared into him.

My fav match of Biohazard though was with the one against Vlad. In the match, Vlad debuted his self righting anntenna thing. So BioHazard couldn't get the KO. Later in the match, Vlad broke the hammer from the arena hazard. I was laughing like crazy.

Guest bruins72

I used to like Battlebots for a while and then it got boring. I used to like that one robot that was dominant for a while. I had some big heavy things that spun around real fast and ripped everything to shit. Forget the name.

Biohazard was the Jeff Gordon/Yankees/Chicago Bulls of BattleBots. He couldn't be beat and it was just always boring to watch. I started cheering like crazy when Son of Whyachi teared into him.

My fav match of Biohazard though was with the one against Vlad. In the match, Vlad debuted his self righting anntenna thing. So BioHazard couldn't get the KO. Later in the match, Vlad broke the hammer from the arena hazard. I was laughing like crazy.

I loved Biohazard, but some of the robots you mentioned were kickass.

I REMEMBER that fight though! I have to admit, Son of Whyachi fuckin' earned the win. I'd never seen someone take it to Biohazard like that...I really liked that fight. I mean even when you like a bot, there's a few times where you'd like to see him lose for once. It's like with Robot Wars, I started marking like crazy when the house robots started getting the shit knocked out of them and even Sir Killalot was having his ass handed to him for awhile by a bot half his size...

Can't wait to see Battlebots again really...I miss that show. Robot Wars went a little too over the top in my opinion with the traps and hazards and the house robots...

Robot Wars Extreme Warriors = WWE Of Bot Fighting

Battlebots = RoH Of Bot Fighting, Minus Paedophiliac Former Owner