WWE 2007 - Making The Future

Guest mAXi

IPB Image

WWE 2007 - Making The Future

----------------------------------------------------------------------

At Wrestlemania 21, Two men rose to the top of the WWE. Batista defeated his former mentor and friend Triple H to become the World Heavyweight Champion for the first time in his career. Meanwhile, John Cena defeated JBL to live his dream and become the WWE Champion. Instantly, two new stars were made. Cena and Batista would go on to become the faces of there respective brands and would go on to be the most popular wrestlers in the promotion after there title wins. Allthough it was a small difference, ratings began to rise as fans tuned into to see the new stars of WWE.

One year later at Wrestlemania 22, Kurt Angle would defend his World Heavyweight Championship against Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio. Two established stars in there own right. Meanwhile John Cena would defend his WWE Championship against another established star in Triple H. Despite the fact there was a new champion in Rey Mysterio the following night, it seemed like barely anything had changed. Where was that break out star bursting into the main event scene for the first time ?.

There wasn't one. And with that, ratings stayed the same. The slump in the industry continuing. WWE finally came to there senses as they rolled into Boston for the 2006 edition of Summerslam with the new WWE Champion Edge defending his title against John Cena in his hometown. The card was filled with big time matches but one thing stood out ... Only TWO people on the Summerslam card were under 30.

Wasn't it about time that WWE made sure they had a future ?. Wasn't it about time that WWE started to develop some more younger talent to take the wrestling industry into the next era ?. WWE finally started to think so and immediately after Summerslam, WWE started to pay attention to there younger talent. Enough with relying on Nostalgia like DX and Hogan. It was time for WWE to make there future. It was time for the next boom period.

Ok, well thats the introduction. First of all, im not going to be starting out of the blue here. Im going to give a recap of each month in a detailed manner so you know whats going on. Who's hot, who's not.

Thanks for reading

Good backstory, I think this is a diray I'm gonna stick to and keep reading. I'm interested in the monthly recaps and the whole "Who's hot" and "Who's not" thing. Keep it up.

IPB Image

Recap of August 2006

----------------------------------------------------------------

At Summerslam, John Cena failed to defeat The 'Rated R Superstar' Edge for the WWE Championship after being knocked out with some brass knuckles cleverly hidden as Edge got the 3 count for the win and the defense of his title. The following week on RAW, it seemed that Cena and Edge's tense rivarly was far from over. Edge opened the show introducing the new WWE Championship, a slightly altered version of Cena's Spinner belt when he was interuppted by none other than Jeff Hardy. The two faced off in a singles match later that night when Cena appeared. It looked like Edge was in more trouble than he thought! Cena and Edge fought out to the pier where Cena chucked the champion and his new championship into the river. It wasn't a good night for the Rated R Superstar ...

Meanwhile another heated rivalry was heating up even more. At the end of the night Vince McMahon seemed to of had enough of DX and there antics. Throughout RAW, DX vandalised the McMahons private jet and even the offices of the WWE! DX wasn't Vince's only worries though as Mick Foley joined the 'Kiss My Ass' club at the end of the night and was then fired courtesy of former friend Melina. In other parts of the show, tempers flared between Randy Orton and Carlito and the Samoan Bulldozer, Umaga got revenge on Kane after the Big Red Monster foiled Umaga's plans at Summerslam.

On the last RAW of August, Edge opened the show with Lita by his side. But she wasn't the only one at the Rated R Superstars side. Edge said that he would never be embarassed like he was last week when he was thrown into the river by John Cena, why ?. Because Edge had hired a bodyguard, he then introduced a new name to the WWE in Braddock. In the mainevent, Edge & Randy Orton defeated the pair of Carlito and John Cena with the help of Lita and Braddock at ringside. At the end of RAW, Cena was left for dead after Braddock showed how impressive he really is by completely knocking out the Doctor Of Thuganomics. It was advantage Edge going into September.

Last week Vince McMahon and Melina fired a Hardcore legend in Mick Foley but the problems with Mick Foley weren't over. Early in the night, Ric Flair of all people approached Vince McMahon and demandd he rehire Mick Foley. Vince explained that he had other things to worry about and that his problems with Foley were over but Flair made it his job to get Foley back and so he requested that Foley come out to the ring next week on RAW. Meanwhile D-Generation X were causing havoc again, this time DX were at the second home of the WWE, Madison Square Garden. DX announced that WWE RAW would be in the MSG on September 11th. They said that this was an important show for Vince .... and that they were going to ruin it. Throughout the night various segments showed DX sparying DX across the ring canvas and the seats and even the backstage setup. Mr. McMahon was only able to look on as the real home of the WWE was vandalised by DX.

The Intercontinental Champion, Johnny Nitro made an appearance on RAW with Melina by his side. They bragged about what happened last week between Mick Foley and Melina but before they could really rip into Mick Foley, Jeff Hardy made an apperance and challenged Nitro to a match with the Intercontinental Championship on the line tonight! Johnny Nitro refused the offer and backed off out of the ring, Hardy meanwhile was given a sneaky low blow from behind thanks to Melina. Was Nitro scared of losing his title to Jeff Hardy ?.

Speaking of Titles, the Tag Team Titles were on the line on RAW with the Spirit Squad picking up the win over the Highlanders to retain. The Highlanders were on there way to there first title win when Jim Duggan interfered with his partner Eugene but made a critical mistake. Duggan slashed his 2 by 4 plank of wood in the air attempting to hit Kenny but he ducked and Duggan flogged Rory in the head. Kenny then headed up top and hit his Legdrop for the 3 count. Eugene and Duggan tried to apologise to the Highlanders but they ignored them and walked off somewhat annoyed at what happened.

WWE was looking good going into September with compelling undercard fueds and some much needed refereshments in the main event fueds. Would WWE be able to keep some sort of momentum going into there next PPV Unforgiven ?.

Ok. Well the other recaps will probably be in a different style, it depends. Anyway, comments on each recap and the booking is appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

IPB Image

Recap Of September 2006 - Before Unforgiven

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Summerslam was in John Cena's hometown and with a crowd of 15,000 plus, Cena could not defeat Edge and bring back the WWE Championship to his waist. On the first RAW of September it was announced that Unforgiven would take place in Edge's hometown. Was it time for payback ?. Was it time that Edge in his hometown, lost to Cena just like Cena did to Edge at Summerslam ?. The hometown scenario wasn't the only thing going into Unforgiven. Edge made it a lot more interesting. Coming into September he was on top of the world, his hiring of a bodyguard proved to be a smart decision as Braddock knocked Cena out cold on the last RAW of August. With that, he was more cockier than ever and he challenged Cena to a match at Unforgiven that he knew Cena couldn't win. Jeff Hardy's return reminded him of somethng. Tables, Ladders and Chairs. And with that Edge challenged Cena to a TLC match in Edge's hometown. Later that night, a contract signing was announced for the next week in Madison Square Garden.

That next week in the MSG, John Cena knew that if he signed the contract for Unforgiven he had the odds stacked against him. He had never participated in a TLC matchup, Edge however had participated in many. Another advantage Edge had over Cena was the fact that he had newcomer, Braddock on his side, not to mention Lita who has allways been a thorn in Cena's side ever since he and Edge became enemies. Never the less, Cena had overcome the odds before and he signed the contract for the match at Unforgiven. Could he prove Edge wrong ?. Could he work in a TLC enviroment ?.

DX continued to humiliate The McMahons going into September and on the first show of the month, DX reminded Vince that next week at the MSG, it would be DX country. HBK and Triple H then showed photos of the whole arena being vandalised with DX grafiti. But despite DX's attempts, Vince didn't snap. Vince left the building after announcing that he has had enough and that he will be taking leave for the whole month and giving full control to his son, Shane who wasn't so keen on doing the job his father was. That next week at the MSG, from the very start it looked like it was going to be DX's night. Madison Square Garden was draped in DX grafiti from the seats to the squared circle as the show went live and it stayed there until the very end. But Shane gave DX a warning that they weren't expecting. As DX opened the show, Shane interuppted and told them that if they did anything stupid from now on they would be joining the 'Kiss My Ass club' ... SHANE'S Kiss My Ass Club.

Despite there differences, Ric Flair was desperate to get Mick Foley back in the WWE after he was fired post Summerslam. On the September 4th edition of Monday Night RAW, Flair called Foley out to face him in the ring, he had beaten him in a 2 out of 3 falls match and he had beaten him in an I Quit match, he just wanted Foley to come back and tell him that he was the better man, he was the better wrestler and that he beat Foley at his own game proving that he was just as Hardcore as Foley. Unfortunately for Flair, Foley did not come out. The following week on RAW, Flair was scheduled to face Rob Conway but suprisingly Flair would lose the match to Conway after Mick Foley's music played during the match distracting Flair. Allthough the Hardcore Legends music played he never came out to face Flair. Post match, Ric Flair said that at Unforgiven he would call out Mick Foley one last time and if he doesn't come out he is going to track him down, come to his house and drag him down to the ring.

Randy Orton and Carlito would spend the majority of September training after it was announced on WWE.com that they would take each other on at Unforgiven. Randy Orton seemed to have the advantage over Carlito as the two headed into Unforgiven when Orton hit the RKO on Carlito after a match with Matt Striker. The next week, Carlito's Cabana returned for one night only and Carlito's guest was ofcourse, Randy Orton. 'The Legend Killer' explained that after Hogan beat him at Summerslam he planned to continue with Hogan unitl Orton could beat him but Hogan's body broke and so Orton decided to take a break from killing Hulkamania. Orton explained that Carlito was never in Orton's list of people to beat but when Carlito attacked Orton after Summerslam, he was on top of that list all of a sudden. Before Randy could continue, Carlito spat an apple directly at Orton and then hit him with the Backcracker. Carlito said that Orton proved that he could kill legends, but he never proved to anybody that he could beat the Coolest wrestler in the WWE. Was Carlito right ?. Or Would Orton come out of Unforgiven on top ?

The week after Summerslam, Umaga showed Kane how dangerous he really is by crushing his throat. Kane would not be well enough to show up until Unforgiven. The match was announced but without Kane showing up until then, there was no interaction between the two and little hype. The week before Unforgiven Armando Allejandro Estrada suggested that Kane should not show up at Unforgiven because after Umaga is finished with him he would be out of action forever.

After Duggan accidentally hit Rory over the head with his 2 by 4 on the last RAW in August, Rory would be out of action thus the team of The Highlanders were out for the September 4th edition of RAW ... or were they ?. Duggan and Eugene would take the Highlanders place in a Tag Team Title matchup against the Spirit Squad. While having problems of there own, Spirit Squad were clearly dominating the matchup until Duggan and his teamate gained some momentum, it looked like they were about to win the match when the Highlanders ran down to the ring and 'accidentally' caused Duggan and Eugene to lose to the Spirit Squad. The next week on RAW a No.1 Contenders match was made with the Highlanders taking on Eugene & Duggan. The winner going on to face the Tag Team champs at Unforgiven. The two teams started the match fairly bitter at each other but after a suprisingly solid bout which the Highlanders won the two teams shook hands in respect for one another. The Highlanders were going to face the Tag Champs at Unforgiven and Duggan and Eugene were happy for them ...

The Tag Team Tiltes weren't the only other titles on the line at Unforgiven. It was announced on the last RAW before the PPV that Johnny Nitro would defend his Intercontinental Title against Jeff Hardy where the title can change hands over DQ or countout. This came into effect after Hardy was cheated out of the IC Title over the past 2 weeks, on the September 4th edition of RAW, Hardy won a match with Nitro's IC Title on the line but by Countout after Nitro walked out on the match. Then, the next week, Hardy yet again won the match with the IC Title on the line but this time, Nitro layed Hardy out with a steel chair giving Hardy the win but only over DQ. Both times, the title didn't change hands with the normal match rules. At Unforgiven, Nitro will have to obey the rules to keep his title around his waist ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up i will have the September Recap with events occuring after Unforgiven and the Unforgiven results. Yet again, comments on anything in the diary are appreciated and the feedback so far is much appreciated too.

Thanks for reading

My next update will be a Recap of The Unforgiven PPV back in September '06 but before i go on i would just like to announce that i am doing a little prediction contest for this event. I have actually allready done the event itself so your predictions will not change my decisions at all.

The reason im doing this prediction contest is because the winner will get a prize, a prize that will help me out. I want a wrestler to debut in the first week of 2007. Whoever wins the prediction contest will get to choose any wrestler in the world and select them to be part of the WWE. They will be in line for a big push when i start. If you do win and you pick someone, they MUST be under 30. That is basically all the requirements. '

So please. If you could participate it would be greatly appreciated. Also, when you do predict, please give reasons for why you think a certain wrestler will win as it is against the Dome rules not to.

Here is the card.

UNFORGIVEN

WWE Championship Match

Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match

© Edge (w/Lita & Braddock) vs. John Cena

Carlito vs. Randy Orton

WWE Intercontinental Title Match

No Rules Match

© Johnny Nitro (w/Melina) vs. Jeff Hardy

Ric Flair Calls Out Mick Foley

Will Foley come out or not. (Yes or No)

WWE Tag Team Title Match

© The Spirit Squad vs. The Highlanders

Kane vs. Umaga

UNFORGIVEN

WWE Championship Match

-I'm going to say Edge to win cleanly and fairly in an awesome match to end the feud and move him on to something else.

Carlito vs. Randy Orton

-Carlito

No Rules Match

-Johnny Nitro

-Yes

WWE Tag Team Title Match

-The Spirit Squad are awesome

Kane vs. Umaga

-Kane is my hero.

Edited by Flat_Doughnut

WWE Championship Match

-Edge because only person has ever really fued with for the title is John Cena and he needs to porove he can keep it against more then one person.

Carlito vs. Randy Orton

-Randy Orton hands down because unless your giving Carlito a push to the moon, ain't no way Orton would lose to Carlito

No Rules Match

-Jeff Hardy because Nitro as held the title for more then 2 months and titles usually the IC title and US Title changes hands about every 2 months

-Foley will come out and agree with Flair leading to a HEEL tag team of Flair and Foley

WWE Tag Team Title Match

-Highlands because I hate the Spirit Squad :shifty:

Kane vs. Umaga

-Umaga because he needs the push

WWE Championship Match

Carlito vs. Randy Orton

No Rules Match

WWE Tag Team Title Match

Kane vs. Umaga

So far you'redefinately doing a good job in portraying a realistic WWE post Summerslam and I'm enjoying it. However, what I think I'll enjoy more is when you start to put your own mark on it with feuds and storylines of your own creations. What I'm really posting for though is the oppurtunity to pick a star so on with the predictions.

WWE Championship Match

The odds are stacked firmly in Edges favour. It's his match, he has Braddock and he has Lita. For him to win wouldn't be a shock, reall he should. Therefore it would be much more in Cena's favour to pick up the win, even if he loses it only a month later. At least he gets the push from beating Edge against the odds and tehn Edge can beat him in Cena's own speciality match a month later.

Carlito vs. Randy Orton

Carlito doesn't need the win to improve. He can put up a good fight and be cheated out of it and still look good and be a fan favourite. Have Orton lose 2 PPV's in a row though and he could lose a lot of steam. As a new WWE I see Orton as the HHH and he needs to win to do that.

No Rules Match

This is tricky. Do you ruin the return of a sort of upcoming star and push a brand new star or do you give Hardy the push he could do with? I say you push Hardy. No rules and he can pull out all the stops so Nitro can blame it on that. Then again 2 previous victories for Hardy already make him look strong and Nitro does have Melina...so I don't know tough to call but I pluck for Hardy.

Nope. If you're going to push some new stars what better way than to have someone defend Foley? Instant heel by aligning himself with Foley/Nitro etc as a high class star or have him defend Foleys legacy and he can be a fan favourite. Instant feud and instant push.

WWE Tag Team Title Match

Spirit Squad has been running a long time. Could be about time to end it and what a time to push some new stars. Highlanders to pick up the win via hilarious antics and interference.

Kane vs. Umaga

Kane to go out after being beaten eventually. A big fightback but if he beats Umaga than the Jesus push for Umaga isn't worth jack. Got to be Umaga.

I know I've plucked for the new stars everytime but I think that's what's needed or what you're going to do for the "New WWE"

WWE Championship Match

-This feud needs to end without Edge having to have to face Cena for the billionth time.

Carlito vs. Randy Orton

-Upset win.

No Rules Match

-Jeff Hardy has won the past 2 matches, this feud is gonna continue so Nitro wins via cheating.

-Dunno why, EDIT: but it'd be interesting to see Foley/Flair team up even though I think they have a dislike relationship in the game. Just to put over another team.

WWE Tag Team Title Match

-Highlanders just because they lost to the Spirit Squad earlier.

Kane vs. Umaga

-Umaga since he has a streak which should end later.

Edited by JonDude

Right. Well thanks guys. Glad to see i have some readers which is something i didn't really have in my past diary...

The next update will be Unforgiven and then a recap of what happened After Unforgiven in September. I will announce who wins the prediction contest at the end of the Unforgiven Recap.

Remember, that you must PM me, do NOT shout it out in here. I want it to be a suprise for the rest of the readers. So please select your choice and tell me what you have selected through PM.

Thankyou.

-As much as it pains me to say it, Cena over Edge. If this feud is going to be put to bed and the way paved for a new superstar, the face should come out on top. And really, who better to put over the new guy than Cena, who represents, in a way, the most recent guard?

-Orton over Carlito. He needs the victory more. Carly will be fine with a loss here; Orton will lose much of his heat.

-Nitro over Hardy. New guy over old. If a feud's coming over this, it's too early to let the face win.

-Foley doesn't answer. Someone else does, representing a new guard.

-Highlanders win. Spirit Squad breakup teased. Talented young workers will go on to bigger and better things after a fairly respectable tag title reign.

-Umaga over Kane. As long as Samoa Joe's undefeated, WWE's not going to let Umaga lose.

Thar we go.

IPB Image

Recap of September 2006 - At Unforgiven

------------------------------------------------------------

WWE Tag Team Title Match

The Highlanders def. The Spirit Squad to become the Tag Team Champions

Umaga def. Kane via Disqualification

Randy Orton def. Carlito

Mick Foley Does Not Appear

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

No Rules

Johnny Nitro def. Jeff Hardy to Retain the Intercontinental Championship

WWE Championship Match

Tables, Ladders and Chairs

Edge def. John Cena via Retrieving Title to Retain WWE Championship

This diary is still continuing ofcourse but im going to start dishing out updates every two or three days instead of every single day. One of the previous diaries i did at another website i updated once a day and readers would then expect for updates to be coming out everyday.

I think its smart that this sort of situation doesn't happen here, where you expect too much of me that it takes away time from my social life.

Changing the subject now, thanks JP and JonDude for your choices. Just to clear something up if you haven't allready gotten it by now, these wrestlers you have selected will debut in January 07 and not in my next update or in any of these recaps. Just thought i would make that clear incase.

Anyway, keep on reading folks.

Guest Preston

i like this diary just i feel that you really crippled yourself with that unforgiven PPV. i mean fair enough not having hbk and hhh wrestle, but then to NOT have foley appear too was kinda stupid. i mean you had the four biggest names on RAW not wrestle on a RAW brand PPV. yes other things were good but the lack of these four names would have severely crippled the PPV IMO.

also there is too much convenience what with summerslam being in edge's hometown and unforgiven being in john cena's. and then next weeks RAW is in mick foley's hometown... just a bit too much of a good thing there.

i like the three way angle between orton/carlito and kennedy though it sounds good and could be leading to a wrestlemania feud. or at least i hope...

i like this diary just i feel that you really crippled yourself with that unforgiven PPV. i mean fair enough not having hbk and hhh wrestle, but then to NOT have foley appear too was kinda stupid. i mean you had the four biggest names on RAW not wrestle on a RAW brand PPV. yes other things were good but the lack of these four names would have severely crippled the PPV IMO.

also there is too much convenience what with summerslam being in edge's hometown and unforgiven being in john cena's. and then next weeks RAW is in mick foley's hometown... just a bit too much of a good thing there.

i like the three way angle between orton/carlito and kennedy though it sounds good and could be leading to a wrestlemania feud. or at least i hope...

Edited by mAXi

Yeah, take your time. Daily updates--especially really wordy ones--can be tough. I for one know that once I get my diary up, I'm not going to even try to update every day; I've got a wife, a baby, two jobs, and a college career. Yeah, take your time.