2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough to get us into first in the division. >_>

The Canucks would rather Colorado made it and the Flames missed the playoffs anyway, so any charity we can offer while stick picking up points works out for both teams. >_>

I was reading the paper today. They have a weekly hero's and zero's of the week. Some(like Jeffery Loria and Bud Selig Jr.) are permanent zero's, but since GYS has recently come back to talking about hockey, I thought this week's was great. The Gazette has jumped off of the Montreal to the playoffs bandwagon and has started taking regular shots at how badly we botched the season, but they're still on the young guns express which is evident in the list. The reason I'm talking about it is because I thought that the last one in the Zero's of the week was quite true with the way everybody especially the tv screen and Toronto Sports Network are blowing the Leafs as though they're in 2nd place.

&&& Last but not least, the obnoxious fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs: so much arrogance, so little accomplishment.

I quite enjoyed it.

With either a Carolina or Tampa loss tomorrow and another win from the Habs, Montreal would desperately claw their way back into a playoff position that they so readily gave up over 3 months of skull fuckingly terrible play.

The Leafs only get blown on CBC or regional broadcast games much like any other team's announcer's do. If it's a national game on TSN, all they can manage to do is talk about how much we suck.

Montreal is full of fucking whiners. Holy shit, get over it...the city of Toronto is better than you.

Actually to be honest, I can enjoy the opinions of DT, Clawson(when he doesn't have his vagina all knotted up) and sometimes Be about the Leafs. But sometimesBe and GYS just get on my nerves about it. I think I could liken this to how much fun Sean has poking fun at the Habs since we lost the game to the 'Nucks and subsequently dropped our season faster than a 16 year old girl drops her panties for a black man.

Did anyone see the Hasek flop in the Red Wings/Ducks game going on right now? He got a soft knee to the back of the head, and then was down for a good two minutes looking dead.

Then he was fine.

Also, I don't want it to be just 1-0. I want tons of goals! I want to see goaltenders weeping openly!

Nah, Clawson is awful for hopping on Leaf cock. And Basha is not the worst Habs fan I know... I doubt he's even the worst on this board.

Wait

I get on your nerves with what? I rarely "blow" the Leafs. If they play like shit, they play like shit. If the refs are reffing like shit, chances are they're reffing like shit both ways. When lately have I just come out and started fellating the Leafs, even when clearly they were outclassed? I said that Raycroft has been getting too much flack lately, especially when the team in front of him is playing like shit. I said he's not "the answer" but that he's not been the plague that some believe he has been. Where's the blatant blowjobs in there?

And if it's just my opinions that bug you, what is it that's so awful about them? :P I tell it like it is. I probably watch, read and see more hockey than anyone else who posts in this thread.

Edited by grind your soul

:(

Also, GYS has always been one of the more knowledgable and unbiased hockey minds on this board. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either not paying attention or being paid to hate the Leafs.

He just needs to redadjust his views on Vancouver's offensive potential! We scored four goals against Colorado!

Oh, let me say that I think what they've done this year has been great. They've got a great record, a great goalie, and a great set of Swedish twins, but other than that - I honestly have no clue how the hell they've done it. But good for them for finding a way to win.

Just... don't make me watch any of their games.