2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, they lose almost everything that makes them great, so they're going to win the Cup? Did I miss something?

Hey, I gotta support my team damn it. They made some very bad decisions, but I stand behind them :shifty:

Edited by desiredtoe

Hejduk should be a 50 goal man. Sakic can probably be counted on for eighty points or so. The problem is that they have no supporting cast and since they have no chemistry there isn't much they can do. I like Colorado's upside, but there are questions in their pro player situation at every position. They should make the playoffs, but won't stick around.

Well, Colorado had a nice pre-season game over the Stars, but we all know that doesn't mean much when it comes to the regular season. Brunette and Wolski might be two players to watch for them this year. Brunette's usually quite solid. I forgot that they had gotten Leopold. Hopefully Theodore can have a year like he did awhile back for Montreal.

Guest Grapehead

Just got home from seeing the Sens/Pens game in Halifax. It was great for me, cause I've only ever seen an NHL game once before when I was like 13 and we sat too far away to read the numbers on their jerseys. The crowd was entirely behind the Pens... well just Crosby really. Got to see Bass and Foligno play, which was cool, cause they both recorded points in the game, and Bass almost had a second goal on a crazy burst of speed. Crosby scored aswell as Dixon who the crowd both loved so it was acceptable to see them score, lol. Highlight of the game, however, was obviously when Crosby and Spezza almost got into a fight, which got me out of my seat screaming and cheering, it was excellent.

Montreal is doing lackluster, I mean they've dressed a ton of rookies, but I still like to see them succeed which they're not.

What's going to be interesting is that Souray, Markov and Rivet are all comming to the end of their contracts at the end of this season. I don't expect Souray to last the season in Montreal. He'll probably be traded, but I don't think Montreal will get very much for him. But Rivet and Markov are more solid players, even if their shots aren't the laser beams which Souray fires.

And in Malkin's first game.. He go bye bye.

Rough for the Penguins because while watching him, I thought he was actually doing pretty good for the Pens, and for his first game. Silly LeClair.

Oh, and how about the Rangers, they do look pretty solid, got off to another fast start against the Devils, so maybe this is the season where we can progress to the second round.

And in Malkin's first game.. He go bye bye.

Rough for the Penguins because while watching him, I thought he was actually doing pretty good for the Pens, and for his first game. Silly LeClair.

Oh, and how about the Rangers, they do look pretty solid, got off to another fast start against the Devils, so maybe this is the season where we can progress to the second round.

It's a minor shoulder seperation; he's not even in a sling. He won't miss any regular season games...

...unless he's killed by the KGB.