Soft Justice Wrestling

Xero Gravity

Holy shit... Bankruptcy, murder, a lover's arguement... That's a little too soap opera, but hell, it was a good read and I was entertained. It sucks that your roster is gone, but in reality in kind of makes sense, kind of. Parents would have their shit blown off at the violent shit, but maybe they would have interupted the match more than the match after...

So dark... soooooooo dark. I loved it.

First off, great show with No More Angels. As much as I'd have loved to see Bloodbeard go over Deacon, I suppose it doesn't really matter that much in the grand scheme of things. Here I am, thinking about how the events of the show are going to affect the next show, but hell, when you killed the original SJW, I was totally shocked. Not that I knew it wasn't coming back :P but the point remains.

The murders... ah, the murders. Brilliantly written. I especially loved how, for that split second, I honestly thought you would just let Vinnie go, but... nah. Too much trouble to be kept alive, and while I'll miss the character a little bit, I loved the way he met his demise, and that means a lot more really.

I'm going to enjoy seeing who you get in to try and make the new SJW more legit. My guess would be guys like Walters, Whitmer, maybe some of the older guys that have been there recently, and it can't go down without Joey, surely. Right? Right? :crying:

Damn....

I don't know what to say about this...

I really hope that you can really pull off this new era of SJW with the samne talent that you wrote the kids...

Hey how about "New Era" as the next show's title?

I hope and pray that Joey Sinclair and the Sheepherders(!!) stay with the new incarnation!!!!

Really not sure if any of the kids are gonna make a return but as one of the few fans of SSJ, I hope that you find a way to bring him back...

Maybe as a sidekick to a future comedy character..

I have always felt that his finisher and it's problems are a cool little idea that you could expand on...

Faithful reader always...

Edited by darkrayne

Wow, that's nice. I wasn't expecting the buzz about this thing to match the quality honestly, but damn, with a little work and a little less of the EWR stuff, this is almost publishable--and I've been in grad level classes with some terrific writers. Best of all, your writing has gotten better as you've gone along, and I can see this shaping up to be a nice thriller story if you cut out all of the EWR references. Great job!

Butch and Luke were a great surprise, especially as the old Sheepherders. I do wonder how many of the people in the crowd would've got the reference, but still, for old-school fans it was a cool twist. "Cutlass on a Pole" match cracked me up, too.

IPB Image

School’s Out Forever?

The name Soft Justice Wrestling may not be one you are too familiar with. For the past nine months, a group of children aged between 13 and 16 had been participating in wrestling events. Along with a group of established wrestlers, they continually managed to draw local crowds of around 200 people. Last month it held what would ultimately be it's final show. A fan in attendance e-mailed us, explaining how a parent attacked the booker after the show for putting his son in danger. The fan explained his child was protected for a lot of the match, and the assault was a huge overreaction on the father's part. However, it seems that it did enough damage to cause the fledgling promotion to close it's doors.

I tried clicking "here." <_< Alex Shelley on SJW is cool, though I thought that he would disagree that you had something in common. You see, Jarrett dropping the belt made him look like the "protagonist" and Adam stupid for betting. Shelley on the other hand was punked by TNA.

Damn XG, talk about a turn around.

I've been reading this since the start, and I'm definetly looking forward to what you do from here

...but ALEX FUCKING SHELLEY!!!!

How come click here didn't work?! That's as solid as anything, Alex Shelley, he'd do lots of stuff for you and SJW... These things about the kids walking out sucks, as they were dear to my heart, but you seem to be up and rebuilding... Not to mention what an honest man you are, actually adiving your prospects to go to ROH... Are you nuts?!

It was brilliant how you convinced him to come to SJW, too, so I think this wil be one I'll like..

Just got caught up on the whole thing, XG, and it's an excellent work thus far. I love a diary with an underlying story, and this one seemed like a poor man's LAW...until the lyrical noirish beauty of Adam's killing spree. (I should feel rather odd about using the word beauty in connection with a description of four murders, but I don't. I play a lot of Hitman, and I appreciate a well-done killing.)

Now, it'll be interesting to see 1) if any of the kids get to return, which don't seem real likely; 2) what kind of roster you can cobble together; and 3) if the whole thing reverts to Generic Indy Fed #302924 without the kids as a gimmick. I'd love to see more old-school workers pop up, along the lines of Honky Tonk and the Sheepherders. (Oh, and about the Sheepherders...HELL YEAH! Fuck the Bushwhackers!)

You've reached a watershed moment, and we'll be around to see where you wanna take it.

Long time reader, first time replier. I admit, I normally don't get into "original" diaries because they're hard to follow and a lot of writers don't take the time to give their characters individual personalites. But much like FUSE, you've made me want to care about the characters. The premise is a great one but not entirely out of the realm of reality as I've heard of at least one "federation" made up of kids and teens. And if that wasn't enough, you used some solid indy talent to help get some recognition. Though for some reason, the whole thing makes you look like Keanu Reeves from Hardball. Anyways...

I'm really digging the direction you guys are going. Props to killing off Vinnie, though solving that one problem probably created a whole new slew of them in the long run. The relaunch will give SJW some more credibility though I hope you bring in some of the regulars besides Joey. I can imagine Haxxor running away from his dad and returning. And now, you got Alex Shelley on your roster. So when the cops eventually link you to Vinnie's murder, you can just tell them "Hey, I have Alex Shelley on my roster" and they'd probably let you go.

Dilapidation is a wonderful thing, at least when it nets you a building for a fraction of what it’s worth. We struck lucky in securing an old bar/nightclub nearer the center of town. If we had found it ten minutes later, the building would have been scheduled for demolition to make way for expansion of the buildings near it. At first I wondered why something so roomy, and near the heart of the city, would be empty for so long. That was quickly answered when we stepped inside. To say it was a dump would be insulting to dumps around the world. The amount of work that would need to be put into it was hefty to say the least. But I could see the potential in every crack, sagging beam, and puddle of unknown liquid.

I sure hope you know what the hell you’re doing Adam.

Trust me, what’s the worst that can happen?

Given my recent track record, the correct answer would be “anything and everything”. We’d barely stepped out of the doors, and I was already making calls to get things in motion. We only had three weeks left until Living In Sin was scheduled, and at least two months worth of renovation to get through. At the very least, nobody could argue that we weren’t busting our asses to make this work. Sophie had already started printing off flyers, pre-empting our new address before the ink had even dried on the deal. The website had been cleared of everything but the results from the past nine shows, and had been given a visual overhaul. Information about our new location was provided, and a graphical placeholder for Living In Sin sat waiting for a card to be announced.

I had to hand it to the construction workers and decorators we’d hired. I told them about the tight schedule we had, and offered to double their fee if they could have it done as soon as possible. How they managed to squeeze a potential two month job into the space of a week and a half was beyond me. I was so amazed, I added a little extra on to the doubled fee. The building we stood in was a far cry now, from the cesspit it was before. Vibrant colours filled the room. The rotting foundations were replaced, so the changes of it collapsing on us were minimal. Even than unpleasant smell, that none of us could recognise, had been taken care of. The next day we transported the ring from my house, and set it up for the first time. Even with the amount of space it took up, it was great to see we still acres (not literally of course) left for seating. The only modification the building had from its original plan, was a place for an entrance to connect the backstage to ringside.

What counted for the backstage was kitted out with everything we’d need. My office was already beginning to look like home, with papers and other assorted junk scattered around my new desk. I sat back in my chair, with a list of our new roster in my hand. We were still several guys short, and I had no idea where we were gonna find the guys we needed to fill the gaps.

So naturally, this was were Sophie stepped in…literally.

I know you said you didn’t want to be disturbed, but there’s someone here who’d like to speak with you.

I was sceptical at first, but nodded as I tried to organise my desk a little. The man that stepped in sent a chill down my spine. He looked just like a normal guy, but there was something about him that didn’t sit right. Decked in a fancy looking suit, and his black hair slicked back, he strode confidently up to me and stretched out his hand.

The name’s Max…Max Kraven.

It took me a moment to realise his hand was hovering in front of me.

Nice to meet you Max, please take a seat.

He looked quite disturbed by the only available seat being covered in half eaten pizza.

Sorry, it’s the cleaner’s day off…

Chuckling politely, he made room and sat down.

I know this is a little out of the blue, but I came here today looking for a job.

Oh really?

Maybe you’ve heard of XGW? Or perhaps even GPW?

The second one no, but the first definitely rang a bell. It wasn’t a good thing though, as I remembered the incident surrounding it being the center of a drugs bust.

Ah yes, I…

Wait, just hear me out. I know what you’re going to say. But that had nothing to do with me. The investigation cleared me of all involvement. Look…I’ve tried running promotions before, and both times they’ve gone under. My heart belongs in the wrestling business, but I just want a chance to be a regular member of the roster…without the pressure of running the place as well.

Are you a trained wrestler?

Yes, but I’ve spent the last few years being used as an authority figure in various places.

That was a good thing to hear. Vanessa may have been pretty charismatic, but didn’t really look the part. He still freaked me out a little, but another person meant we were one step closer to filling up the roster.

Well then, I guess you can consider yourself booked. If you check with Sophie, she'll give you more information.

Thank you, I promise you won't regret it.

I sure hope I didn't.

Rooting around for that roster list, I wrote down Kraven’s basic information onto it. With him on board, we were more or less set...bar any major problems that is.

Alex 'Fucking' Shelley, Face, 48 Over. Anyone with half a brain, and has watched TNA over the past year knows who Alex Shelley is. His surprising rise to the top of TNA was cut short by Kevin Nash's relapse into politicking. Alex is clearly the best all round wrestler we have, as well as one of the most charismatic. Not to mention, one of only two members of the roster to sign 6 month written deals. Uses (as most people know) the Shellshock and the Border City Stretch to win matches.

Alexander Worthington III, Heel, 21 Over. Worthington is a fairly average wrestler, but has enough charisma to get by. In order to hide his obvious flaws, he was paired up with Conrad Kennedy III to form the rich snob tag team High Society. Worthington's finisher is the Cash Flow Crisis (Roll Of The Dice).

'The Angel Of Death' Azreal, Heel, 27 Over. Alongside Gabriel, Azreal is one half of The Lost Boyz. Both men worked primarily for NWA: Anarchy, up until recently when they started taking bookings elsewhere. Azreal is more grounded than his partner, choosing to wear opponents down on the mat instead of taking to the skies. Azreal's primary finisher is the Slit Throat Piledriver, but has also been known to use the Old Testament (Death Valley Driver Bomb).

Brian Lee, Face, 49 Over. Brian has been out of the spotlight since his departure from TNA, back before the switch to Orlando. He got his biggest exposure in his two stints with the WWF, as both Chainz and the fake Undertaker. A fairly decent brawler, and has the size to make him stand out from the crowd. Uses the Cancellation (Hanging Backbreaker), and a simple Chokeslam for finishers.

Cheerleader Melissa, Face, 11 Over. One of the best female wrestlers on the American indy scene today. Is most noted for her (as the name suggests) cheerleader gimmick. Along with Toyoshima and Mschif, she makes up the beginning of SJW's Women's division. As far as finishers go, she uses a Reverse Russian Leg Sweep to win matches.

Chucklez The Clown, Heel, 32 Over. A relatively new wrestler on the independent scene, Chucklez has only been wrestling for about a year. However, he still has people talking thanks to his gimmick. Having participated in deathmatches, those who haven't seen him would assume he was much like Pogo The Clown. However, standing 6'5" and weighing in at around 260lbs Chucklez is in no way out of shape. He has an insanely high pain threshold, making him even more of an unstoppable terror. His preferred method of ending a match is with the Three Ring Circus (TKO).

Conrad Kennedy III, Heel, 23 Over. Slightly better in the ring than his new partner, Kennedy is another member of the roster who benefits from having charisma. He makes up the other half of High Society with Alexander Worthington III. He uses the Chump Change (Overdrive) as a finisher.

'The Archangel' Gabriel, Heel, 25 Over. Alongside Gabriel, Azreal is one half of The Lost Boyz. Both men worked primarily for NWA: Anarchy, up until recently when they started taking bookings elsewhere. Gabriel is the smaller and lighter of the duo, and uses that to his advantage. will more often than not attempt high risk moves to get the better of less agile opponents. When wrestling like sized opponents, he uses the Cradle To The Grave (pumphandle torture rack into a sitout powerbomb) as a finisher. On larger opponents he utilises the Angelic Redemption (450 Splash).

Gavin Faulkner, Face, 15 Over. Dubbed the next Kurt Angle, Faulkner is an accomplished amateur wrestler. Former NCAA champion, World champion, and was fully expected to head to the Olympics in 2008. However he was forced to pull out of the running due to personal problems. The step into professional wrestling was only natural, and the WWE came calling straight away. However Faulkner wanted to prove himself, and chose to start from the bottom. Out of those interested, he chose SJW thanks to it's current "relauch" situation giving them a clean slate. In doing so, he joined Alex Shelley as only the second person to sign on to a written contract. He drips charisma, and some say already surpasses Angle in technical ability. Uses the Fujiwara Armbar as his sole finisher.

Jimmy Rave, Heel, 47 Over. Jimmy Rave gained his biggest recognition in Ring Of Honor as part of the Embassy with fellow roster member Alex Shelley. As part of a fan promotion, the winner of a contest was allowed to pick one person who they'd like to see brought in to work some matches. Rave was the man picked, and thanks to his friendship with Shelley, agreed to sign on. A very versatile wrestler, who can work the mat and fly equally as good. Uses the Greetings From Ghana (Pedigree), and From Dusk Till Dawn (Spinning Headscissors Crossface) as finishers.

Joey Sinclair, Heel, 14 Over. Joey is the only surviving member of the previous roster. While not actively competing at the moment, he is still a fairly decent all rounder and has amazing charisma for a sixteen year old. When he does wrestle, his finisher is the Whole Damn Show (RKO)

Kansuke Konda, Heel, 30 Over. Kansuke Konda is the powerhouse of Team X-JAPAN, along with Mitsuko Toyoshima and Takuro Matusmoto. Like a lot of Japanese workers, Konda tends to work very stiffly during matches. He has also been likened to Tazz, thanks to their similar builds and array of suplexes. His finisher is the ultra stiff Pearl Harbour Lariat (Burning Lariat).

Max Kraven, Face, 45 Over. The last person to join the SJW roster, Kraven is known for his two previous forays into the wrestling business. As a trained wrestler, he can step into the ring when called upon. However his charisma and presence is where his real strength lies, making him perfect to be the new commissioner. On the occasions that he does wrestle, his preferred method of winning is with the Kraven's Way (Spinning Falcon Arrow).

'Canadian Dynamite' Maxime Boyer, Face, 23 Over. Boyer is a young Canadian wrestler, already getting praise for his in ring work. The nickname was derived from two of the greatest wrestlers in the world, Chris Benoit and Dynamite Kid. His ring style emulates Benoit to the point where people say he is Chris Benoit. Adding his own touches to this rounds out an impressive skill set. His main finisher is the Life Style (Wrist Clutch Spinning Fisherman's Suplex).

Mitsuko Toyoshima, Face, 20 Over. The female, and mouthpiece of Team X-JAPAN. Toyoshima follows a long line of world class female wrestlers hailing from the orient. Her biggest asset is her lighting quick speed which she utilises to great effect. Her two main finishers are the Memoirs Of A Geisha (Phoenix Splash) and the Samurai Driver.

MsChif, Heel, 10 Over. The last female on the roster, is also the most unique in terms of gimmick. Claiming to hail from "Dante's Inferno" MsChif plays an evil, mist spitting bitch. While not as well rounded as the two other females on the roster, MsChif can still hold her own in a match. Her finisher is the Desecrater (Arm Trap DDT).

Onyx, Face, 32 Over. A former member fof NWA: Wildside with The Lost Boyz and Rainman. For someone of his size, Onyx is exrememly powerful as well as agile. His debut in SJW sees him teaming with Rainman, someone he's been very familiar with throughout his career as both friend and foe. His finisher is the Blaq Out (Spinning DDT)

'The Soul Assassin' Rainman, Face, 35 Over. Joining Onyx from NWA: Wildside, is Rainman. A highly underrated wrestler, Rainman has everything required to be a big star. He is almost an equal match to his partner, other than giving up some of the agility Onyx has. For finising moves, he likes to use the Dark City Street Cutter (Piggyback Stunner) and the Spinesplitta (Spinning Sit-Out Spinebuster).

Takuro Matsumoto, Heel, 15 Over. While being an accomplished high flyer, Matsumoto is best known for being the striker of Team X-JAPAN. Using a style similar to Yoshihiro Tajiri, Matsumoto mixes stiff martial arts and aerial tactics into his offense. His finishers include the Takuro Tornado (Kankuu Tornado) and the Chrono Trigger (Tiger Driver '05)

The Ringmaster, Heel, 27 Over. The manager and handler of Chucklez. His appearance is heavily influenced by Captain Spaulding from House of 1000 Corpses. Has no in ring training himself, but does know how to take a bump when needed. That includes more extreme spots of the occasion calls for it.

Vanessa, Face, 24 Over. The former commissioner. Her new role in SJW is yet to be determined, but with her charisma it shouldn't be long before she finds herself in the thick of things again. While not being trained professionally in any way, she does have a huge amount of natural charisma. Depending on how things progress, there is a chance she could start training to make an in ring debut at some point.

Edited by Xero Gravity

Sophie's idea had worked. Spending a lot of money on advertising over the month had meant we'd made up all the ground we lost, and even gained a bit on top of it. The cost was pretty high, but it would be worth it in the long run. About an hour or two after the card went up, the website started gaining a lot of hits. Not only that but people were steadily showing up at the building to buy tickets. it didn't take us long to sell out every seat we had available.

Maybe this would succeed after all...

IPB Image

SJW Heavyweight Title Match

Alex Shelley Vs. Jimmy Rave

Stable mates in Ring Of Honor, enemies here. Both men know each other very well, and will have to draw on all that knowledge if they are to succeed. Some say Shelley has the advantage, as Jimmy Rave's stature as the crown jewel of the Embassy has made him overly arrogant. Other's believe Rave has every right to be arrogant, and he'll be more than a match for Alex in this match.

Chucklez The Clown Vs. 'Primetime' Brian Lee

Nobody wanted to be the first man to step into the ring with Chucklez. Nobody that is, except for Brian Lee. At nearly seven feet tall, Lee has no reason to be afraid of his opponent's intimidating nature. If there's one thing for sure, it's this match will be felt by both men for a long time after the bell has rang.

High Society Vs. Onyx and Rainman

Onyx and Rainman demanded a challenge for their first match in SJW. They weren't expecting to be facing off against High Society. Despite having yet to step foot in the ring, both teams have already started to show signs of dislike towards the other.

Gavin Faulkner Vs. 'Canadian Dynamite' Maxime Boyer

Two young and talented wrestlers find themselves paired off against one another. All eyes will be on Faulkner, as being likened to Kurt Angle gives him a lot to live up to. But Maxime Boyer isn't one to be taken lighty, as he too has comparisons to Chris Benoit in the back of his mind. If anything this should be a hotly contested match, and one to look forward to seeing again and again.

The Lost Boyz Vs. Team X-JAPAN

Two experienced teams from opposite ends of the earth. Team X-JAPAN may have the advantage thanks to Konda's raw power. But Azreal and Gabriel are more than capable of working together as one to take on all comers.

Cheerleader Melissa Vs. MsChif Vs. Mitsuko Toyoshima

SJW's women's division may be in it's infancy at this point in time, but with three talented women on the roster already, things can only get better. Melissa and MsChif are known for their bitter feud in SHIMMER, which will no doubt carry over into this match. Throw in an unknown entity in Mitsuko Toyoshima, and all hell could break loose.

Bonus Questions

1) Which match will start the show?

2) Which match will get the highest overall rating?

3) Who will take the fall in the Women's match?

Edited by Xero Gravity

Oh my.... let me see if I can do this calmly.

Lost Boyz and Onyx.... Lost Boyz and Onyx OMG LOST BOYZ and ONYX!!!!!

You have had a fan from the beginning and than you go and bring in my absolute favs from my fav indy promo - NWA Wildside/Anarchy!!!!! You official have found ur number 1 fan if you can do them justice...

A little bit of a tip. if I may... go get Lazarus... as he is a perfect foil for Onyx in the game man.

I am constantly mentioning this twosome to people who are looking for fueds that will launch people's overness through the roof in a hurry...and besides, you said u needed to fill out the roster.

My predictions?

Stable mates in Ring Of Honor, enemies here. Not a fan of either one... BUt I expect Shelley to win this one.

He seems to be the cornerstone of your new era.

I would love for Brian Lee to become a huge star here, but the damn Clown (BTW Another clown?) seems destined to win this.

Onyx and Rainman without a shadow of a doubt!!!

Gavin Gavin Gavin!!!!

AZ and GAB are one of my favorites and so I can't root against them in their debut in SJW!!

The Cheerleader is someone that should be a great foil for Vannessa if you think about it.... anyway - Melissa!!

Bonus Questions

1) Which match will start the show? High Society Vs. Onyx and Rainman

2) Which match will get the highest overall rating? SJW Heavyweight TItle Match

3) Who will take the fall in the Women's match? Cheerleader Melissa will pin MsChif..

Edited by darkrayne

That's a pretty badass roster you've assembled for yourself there. I've not got a lot of time right now, so I'll wait until later on to predict, but :wub:s go out to Alex Shelley and Cheerleader Melissa especially.

OK, prediction time!

Shelley looks like he'll be THE main star of the new SJW, and with good reason too.

I wanna say that you'll put Chucklez over to try and make a new star, but I can't see past Brian Lee for this one.

Team black <_< Can't beat a good bit of Rainman, not really a fan on Conrad Kennedy III.

No idea who either of these guys are, so I just randomly picked one.

While it may seem a little odd not to choose the international stars, I've just got a feeling Az and Gabe will take this one.

As I've already said, Melissa :wub:

Bonus Questions

1) Which match will start the show? The Lost Boyz vs Team X-JAPAN

2) Which match will get the highest overall rating? Alex Shelley vs Jimmy Rave

3) Who will take the fall in the Women's match? Mitsuko Toyoshima

Edited by Aaron Maiden

That's a kickass roster. Looks like this new era will be pretty damn entertaining, mainly because of Alex 'Fucking' Shelley!

The main man in the new era. He'll take the win for sure.

The way the match is hyped up I can only see the clown taking the win.

I could see them cheating to win and then having a rematch next month.

I was tempted to go with Boyer because he's Canadian, but you've got Faulkner on a written contract. He could be a future champion and starting out his career with a loss is mistake.

Tough one to call here but I went with the Lost Boyz.

Melissa! If she doesn't win, I'll... cry...

Bonus Questions

1) Which match will start the show? High Society vs Onyx and Rainman

2) Which match will get the highest overall rating? SJW Heavyweight TItle Match

3) Who will take the fall in the Women's match? MsChif

First of all...:o ALEX FUCKING SHELLEY!

To repeat my previous statement...ALEX FUCKING SHELLEY!

Chokeslam to hell...

Tag experience prevails

Meh, he has a nickname

Never really liked the Lost Boyz gimmick

She has to win...just like ALEX FUCKING SHELLEY has to win

Bonus Questions

1) Which match will start the show? The Lost Boyz vs. Team X-JAPAN

2) Which match will get the highest overall rating? Alex Shelley vs. Jimmy Rave

3) Who will take the fall in the Women's match? Mitsuko Toyoshima

Firstly...

Jimmy Rave, Heel, 47 Over. Jimmy Rave gained his biggest recognition in Ring Of Honor as part of the Embassy with fellow roster member Alex Shelley. As part of a fan promotion, the winner of a contest was allowed to pick one person who they'd like to see brought in to work some matches. Rave was the man picked, and thanks to his friendship with Shelley, agreed to sign on. A very versatile wrestler, who can work the mat and fly equally as good. Uses the Greetings From Ghana (Pedigree), and From Dusk Till Dawn (Spinning Headscissors Crossface) as finishers.
Edited by Serj

For the love of god, don't take Dark Rayne's advice with getting Lazerus. TRS has already done this feud, and I don't think it could be lived up to. However, with Rave and Shelly on the new roster, along with the Lost Boys (Told ya you'd sign them) you've definitely kept my interest. Now I sit back and wait for Stevie to make his appearance.