The Sports Betting thread

Liam

I tend to bet anything from 75p to £1.50, and about 7 to 8 teams. If you get some decent prices, like some ones close to evens, 7 or 8 teams at that price will get you anywhere from £100 to £400, depending on what the prices you've got on your coupon. With the lower league stuff, as a lot of teams are close together in ability, you can dig out some decent prices, as a lot of the fixtures end up with both teams at prices over evens, thus bumping up your winnings if you get it right.

However, you could bet on less teams and put on more money, depends on how you wanna play it.

The quickslips aren't the only way to do it in Corals, as they just have football slips as well. With them, you pick the teams you want and mark 1 for a home win, 2 for an away win and X for a draw. In this case though, the slip you get back won't have your potential winnings, but you can ask the cashiers to give you that info, as we have machines to work that stuff out.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, a tenner on Bellamy for first goal was awesome. You just knew that was happening.

Accy's, well if you do four teams that should win a bit assuming how safe the odds are. But don't be expecting to win a ten team accy anytime soon. There is a reason why the odds are so high.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

If I had 10 go for me, I would have got over £1000, due to the fact for a £1 stake the minimum back was something like £513, and I put a massive £2 on. I put £3 on my other one, which was for 5 results ...minimum of £16 back off the £1 ...so around £50 in all had I got them all with the odds etc as well.

• 5 months later...

Right, this weekend will be used for trial purposes only, to get people used to the system we'll be using.

Remember, only those who signed up can take part.

You have 20 credits which you must use on the selection of bets below. The minimum number of credits you can use on each bet is 4 (so effectively, you could bet 4 on each), with the maximum being 20, if you want to bet them all on just one selection.

Bet 1

Sunderland vs. Chelsea - Sunderland 6/1, Draw 5/2, Chelsea 1/3

Bet 2

Portsmouth vs. Aston Villa - Portsmouth 5/4, Draw 9/4, Aston Villa 6/4

Bet 3

Derby vs. Manchester United - Derby 12/1, Draw 5/1, Manchester United 1/5

Bet 4

Blackburn, Liverpool, Portsmouth & Wigan all to win - 11/1

Bet 5

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United all to win - 100/30

There's the list for the trial betting this weekend. The bets won't ALWAYS involve just the Premier League teams, as I'll be doing Championship, League 1 & League 2 games as well when it starts properly.

When you reply, if you could set it out kind of like I have, stating what Bet you're placing credits on, and then the amount you're using, that'd be good. It makes it easier for me to look back upon. "Bet 1 - All 20 on Chelsea" for example, is how I'd like it.

Start betting in this thread. Go.

EDIT: By the way, when betting the credits, sometimes the amount you'd get back won't always be even. It might be "13.33" credits, for instance. The way I'll do this, is if it's below .50, it'll be rounded down and if it's equal or above .50, it'll be rounded up. So to clarify, a return of "13.33" would become "13". And a return of "13.51" would become "14".

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

Bet 1

Sunderland vs. Chelsea - Sunderland 6/1, Draw 5/2, Chelsea 1/3

8 On 5/2 Draw

Bet 2

Portsmouth vs. Aston Villa - Portsmouth 5/4, Draw 9/4, Aston Villa 6/4

6 On 5/4 Portsmouth Win

Bet 4

Blackburn, Liverpool, Portsmouth & Wigan all to win - 11/1

6 On Blackburn, Liverpool, Portsmouth & Wigan all to win

Edited by BC