What music are you listening to?

Benji

I fucking love Gentle Giant. I probably posted this a year ago, but my god Free Hand is just such a great album, it's fucking unreal. On Reflection is easily my favorite song, but the whole album is just leather to a horses ass, it's the shizmotherfuckingnit. It fucking defecates. I love it.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hvVlKvoY18

...the fuck? I love this band and their LMO album but this video is just plain silly. I especially love the part when they all just freeze in pose and stare into the air like idiots. And what has that girl done to this gathering of medieval street artists and fire-breathers that they want to burn her? Why is the band participating? And why is nobody burning at the stake in the end? The fact that the story of the song (and the accompanying album) is about a woman that was falsely accused of witchcraft and then beheaded is focused so much on burning someone at the stake is confusing anyway.

Edited by TheLastInLine

I fucking love Gentle Giant. I probably posted this a year ago, but my god Free Hand is just such a great album, it's fucking unreal. On Reflection is easily my favorite song, but the whole album is just leather to a horses ass, it's the shizmotherfuckingnit. It fucking defecates. I love it.

Nice to hear the name! I thought my dad was the only person in the world who likes them!

I got into them through my dad as well actually metalman. He gave me their vinyl, but I didn't listen to it. One day I said "Hey, whats that one song you used to play that started off 'Deh Deh Deh Deh Deh' with the piano" and somehow he knew exactly what I was talking about. Been jamming them a lot ever since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the Garth brooks box set for Christmas, and all the music/dvd makes me feel 10 again. Which, happens to be my age when he retired. While I like the greatest hits, the 4 cover CD's, and the DVD from the Wynn performances are really, really good. It's interesting hearing a guy talk about the music that made him what he is, and then singing them. It really shows that his place is on a stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90Cw4l-8NY

Girlfriend got me their new album for Christmas, and it's the type of rock/pop mix I've really gotten into lately. This song, Laura Palmer, and Things We Lost In The Fire have had a fair amount of plays over the last few days.

EDIT: Damn thing won't embed for some reason <_<

Edited by JeriCodeBreaker

Listening to some old school Sick of It All...this is a great song

Also the difference between them then and now is great