What music are you listening to?

Benji

After quitting my days of acquiring music and finally joining the streaming train, now that WiMP offers .flac streaming, I have really dug into stuff I wouldn't usually listen to. First of all, Mikael Simpson, a Danish artist who has had a fair few hits. I've always avoided him because of a misguided sense of "Hits? Popular? Must be bad", which is a leftover from my metal days, but he has honestly made some really evocative and deep stuff. The combination of his lyrics and the minimal approach he takes to electronic music, has really struck me. I've always had this fear of lyrics in Danish because it is, honestly, such a clunky language but Simpson works it really well.

Also, Chic and Nile Rodgers! I had no idea the scope of Rodgers production and collaboration merits. WiMP compiled a playlist of about 50 songs that he either produced and contributed and it is a great listen.

• Like 1

If you like Best Day of my Life, Imagine Dragons have a near identical song, "It's Time", on their album. It gets very confusing when the radio plays both in the space of 10 minutes.

If you like Best Day of my Life, Imagine Dragons have a near identical song, "It's Time", on their album. It gets very confusing when the radio plays both in the space of 10 minutes.

I don't think they are that identical, the starts are a bit similar but that's about it. I really like Imagine Dragons though, quite looking forward to seeing them again.

I think Bat Out of Hell II is the first CD I ever owned. I know it came out in September of 1993.... I turned 13 in December of 1993, and I rememer asking for Bat Out of Hell 2 for Christmas that year. I've always liked Meat Loaf since then...this has always been one of my favorite songs off that album