What music are you listening to?

Benji

As they were just announced for Roskilde Festival 2015, I finally caved in and checked out Kronos Quartet. NPR luckily had a Tiny Desk Concert with them ready at hand, so I've listened to that a few times. Also I really think the Tiny Desk Concerts deserve more praise because I have found so many good artists through there. The medium really lends itself to showing off the ability, both musically and technically, of the bands it promotes and makes enjoying the music much easier and more... enjoyful.

Anyways, here goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PQYF4-BbrE

• 2 weeks later...

Because ZZ Top is fucking rock and roll. Seriously, ZZ Top fucking kicks ass, it's just the baddest of the bad of the bad ass fucking rock and roll from the state of Texas. I double dog dare you to talk bad about ZZ Top, I'll eat your fucking guts. ZZ Top rocks it like nobodys fucking business. My first concert was Lynrd Skynrd and ZZ Top, and ZZ Top was just fucking absolutely brilliant, my god could those cats rock. I'd love to see them again one more time. I have to, they were so fucking brilliant, they were ZZ fucking TOP rocking like the ZZ TOP rocks. Fuck!

• Like 1

NSFW by Ninja Sex Party. Feel like this has regularly found it's way into the background sounds of my life. In addition to some of the funniest lyrics around it's also got catchy beats for pretty much all the songs. I think it's better when you watch the videos (There is one for all but one track from the Album) but yeah. They also have other stuff on their own Youtube site, but if you like wacky comedy stuff in the vein of Weird Al they are worth checking out.

• Like 1

So...what *have* I been listening to lately?

TO THE LIST~!

The Ten:
+++
Pixies
Hozier
Imogen Heap
Lucius
Animals as Leaders
Phish
The Presidents of the United States of America
Weird Al Yankovic

The Great:
John Butler Trio
Lindsey Stirling
Ingrid Michaelson
The Pretty Reckless
Eels
Anberlin
Foster the People
Kimbra
Johnny Cash

Ed Sheeran

The Good:

Ryan Adams

Beck
Jack White
Casualties of Cool
Powerman 5000
Ray LaMontagne

Band of Skulls
David Crosby
Keb' Mo'
Jenny Lewis

The Solid:

Mogwai

The Black Keys
Chevelle
Coldplay
Black Label Society
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
The Crystal Method

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Passenger
Linkin Park

Eh, One Good One or So...:
Interpol
Mastodon
John Frusciante
Damon Albarn
Lacuna Coil
Lana Del Rey
Young the Giant
Against Me!
Joan Osborne
Weezer
The Fray
Neon Trees

Matisyahu

Sebastian Bach

Johnny Marr
Foxes
Broken Bells
Paolo Nutini
Santana
Sarah McLachlan
Billy Idol
Seether
Tori Amos
Cold War Kids
The Glitch Mob
The Afghan Whigs
OK Go

The DO NOT DO:
Karen O

Honorable Mentions (Remake/Cover Albums that are GOOD):
Primus
Sevendust

• Like 2

Tori Amos. Seriously.

I mean....this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GqWic_huWZI

Ok so a bit of both. Never thought I'd see the day that I said I liked a Tori Amos song, but I drove to work with my wifes ipod on in the car, Tori Amos came on, and I said fuck it, let's check it out. I liked it, she's really good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently listening to 'Life As a Dog' by K. Flay. I first heard her on an MC Lars track a while back and loved her raps on them, so decided to check this out when I found she'd finally dropped a studio album. Pretty good and catchy stuff, it's less hip hop-heavy than I expected, but I'm half way through but confident it's worth a listen if you like modern female pop artists.

• 2 weeks later...