What music are you listening to?

Benji

I don't understand how a band like the Pet Shop Boys can still be releasing music in 2013 that sounds so fun, carefree and great.

I'll cosign that the Pet Shop Boy are pretty damn talented. I've gone through several stages in my life where I become obsessed with them. I finally got around to listening to Electric the other day and I'm hooked again. I routinely say that dance and electronic music is overlooked by many music listeners and critics and I think probably place the the Pet Shop Boys near the top of that list. Never released a bad album, they released probably 3 classic albums (Actually, Behaviour and Very) and have so many great singles.

• Like 1

Very has a special place in my life. When I was a little young SRN, my dad would put that on and watch me dance around the place and it is really the only good memory I have of my childhood home. I have heard that album so many times that I know it by heart.

It is a timeless album. I was playing the album in the car the other day and my husband thought it was released in the last year. He was like "oh, is this a new ablum? It is really good!" and I told him it came out 21 years ago. He didn't believe me.

• Like 1

Why didn't Catholic Discipline record an album? It drives me nuts that the best you can get from this group is two decent recordings from the Decline of Western Civilization. They had such a cool sound, it was so fucking artsy fartsy west coast, it was brilliant. Somebody did release an album that had a whole butt load of their live recordings, but the quality was pretty bad, and while it was nice, it would have been so cool to have had an actual studio album from these guys. Oh well, I guess it's a great what if in punk. Not that these dudes would have been popular like the Ramones, but they had a unique style that should have been recorded in a decent studio.

• 3 weeks later...