What music are you listening to?

Benji

Went on a new music tear thanks to Spotify over the past month that concluded with seeing Peach Kelli Pop at the Metro Gallery last night. Other great stuff I never listened to before includes Shannon and the Clams, Hunx and His Punx, Colleen Green, Habibi and Bleached. I missed seeing Colleen Green too because I confused which day her concert was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eeck0gSY6s

Edited by Damian WayLNKe

Christ, just came across this song on youtube. It's been a long long time since I've heard this, and I missed it.

I should really start listening to more Billy Childish again, forgot how much I loved his many many different bands over the years.

Not much grabbing me this year. Either that or I'm just lazier about finding new music. I am just 15 months from turning 33, after all...

(Btw, parenthesis show how many songs I liked to how many songs are on the album. I've quantified my fun!)

The Five:

They Might Be Giants - Glean (15/15, 100%)

The Decemberists - What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World (14/14, 100%)

Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho (11/11, 100%)

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday (12/13, 92%)

Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color (11/12, 92%)

The Great:

Death Cab for Cutie - Kintsugi (10/11, 91%)

Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love (9/10, 90%)

My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall (9/10, 90%)

The Mountain Goats - Beat the Champ (10/13, 77%)

The Decent:

Halestorm - Into the Wild Life (11/15, 73%)

Punch Brothers - Phosphorescent Blues (7/11, 64%)

Surfjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (7/11, 64%)

Brian Wilson - No Pier Pressure (8/13, 62%)

Apocalyptica - Shadowmaker (7/12, 58%)

Modest Mouse - Strangers to Ourselves (8/15, 53%)

The Bad:

Mumford & Sons - Wilder Mind (5/12, 42%)

Plain White Ts - American Nights (3/11, 27%)

Twenty One Pilots' new album "Blurryface" is amazing, like, really really good imo. I mean, its kind of obvious that I would say that, I am kind of obsessed, but even if you haven't listened to them, it's definitely worth it imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't really get it at first (probably the Queens of Stone Age comparisons that I just don't see) but I'm finally getting into Royal Blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdtvfBQd6c

Though the video definitely seems like something Homme would come up with.

Edited by livid

I've been listening to a lot of the Pixies recently. Light and shade, loud and quiet. Love 'em. LOVE Kim Deal the most though of course. One of my favourite bassists.

It's like anything from back in the day really. Everything else rock-wise in the US at that point was big hair, leather, studded gloves, guitar solos....Then The Pixies came along. Boom. Change.