Sign in to follow this  
Benji

What music are you listening to?

The other day I was listening to the magnificent M.I.A in the car.

Today I've been listening and watching Run The Jewel's newly released track off their upcoming album.

....which is a total banger.

I'm gonna go do a kickflip in my bathroom.

• Like 1

I've had the last line of the chorus to this song stuck in my head for months, no idea where I heard it, and I've finally found the damn song courtesy of a random playlist Spotify made for me. Fair play, the song is a banger.

One of the longest established rules in music is that every band with "avenue" in their name is going to be shite. Every band. Yes, every one. Every Avenue, in fact. But especially Boyce Avenue.

Every one.

With one exception.

The late 90s/early 2000s dance group Madison Avenue, obviously.

But only this song. The other one they did conforms to the standard "bands with avenue in the name are shit rule".

I much prefer this to the song that eventually got the same title.

Little known fact: Courtney Love wrote all the songs on that album

Trolling @9 to 5 the other day (...again...) has reminded me that 'Get To Heaven' by Everything Everything is an utterly brilliant album.

On 05/07/2020 at 14:37, metalman said:

Little known fact: Courtney Love wrote all the songs on that album

She had to busy herself while Kurt Cobain wrote all of Hole's 'Live Through This' tbf.

1 hour ago, GA! said:

She had to busy herself while Kurt Cobain wrote all of Hole's 'Live Through This' tbf.

Kurt would be furious if he knew people were still pushing this 100% bullshit narrative to erase his wife's excellent work 25 years later.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, stephenmorelock said:

Kurt would be furious if he knew people were still pushing this 100% bullshit narrative to erase his wife's excellent work 25 years later.

Joke

BIG GAP

Your Head

7 hours ago, stephenmorelock said:

That's a good point, but I think it's more likely that he would be furious at not getting the credit for writing all those Hole songs.

Spotify has given me a Daily Mix playlist based on Flogging Molly, New Found Glory, and... Cascada. It's literally a punk/ska/pop punk playlist interspersed with Cascada songs and She's So Lovely by Scouting for Girls. I love it.

The Daily Mix playlists are great, throws up some great new stuff based on the main artists it picks for each one.

Absolutely hate how much I absolutely love this.

On 19/05/2020 at 09:01, Jericode said:

I've had the last line of the chorus to this song stuck in my head for months, no idea where I heard it, and I've finally found the damn song courtesy of a random playlist Spotify made for me. Fair play, the song is a banger.

I don’t check this forum often so I’m going to pretend that this is a recent post and reply like a normal person. Mindset, which is on that same album is a tune. Pretty sure it came up on a daily mix/discover playlist as well, but deffs worth checking out.

Oh I listened to the whole album after I re-found the song and the whole thing is great, need to get around to buying it at some point.

No Church in the Wild came on my Liked Songs Spotify playlist, and I was just blown away by the fact that Kanye released Watch the Throne nine years ago. Where the fuck has the time gone.