What music are you listening to?

Benji

Some shitty Death Rap mixtape. Necro and Ill Bill can pull it off, everyone else? Not so much. Murda Mook showed up at one point, no idea why. Dude don't fit. Sound qualitys off as well, it's all hollow.

Gonna throw on a Celph Titled tape in a minute.

Edit, Damn. Celph Titled got skills.

There's a song over the A team theme.

Immortal, the boat-rowing song that will sail us into the future. Sons Of Northern Darkness is perhaps one of my favorite black metal albums ever. Shit man, it is fucking of epic proporsitions.

As evidenced by my avatar, I am now listening to Gojira's newest hit, The Way Of All Flesh. Being a big Gojira fan, and having two of your previous albums in my collection, I am really happy to finally having bought this piece of musical delicacy. And boy, how well spent the cash was. It is clrealy the best effort Gojira has ever made and as it is finishing up behind me I can with no doubt in my vioce say that Flesh is/was the best album of 2008. Despite having pearls as ObZen and Trivmvirate Flesh transcends them all because it is just that damn awesome. Fuck yes, Duplantier brothers give me another one soon please and I hope to be seeing you both with full band come Tuska.

Behold - my ingenious and highly original new reviewing system!

Years of Refusal - Morrissey (2009)

1. Something Is Squeezing My Skull - :)

2. Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed - :)

3. Black Cloud - :)

4. I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris - :wub:

5. All You Need Is Me - :D

6. When I Last Spoke To Carol - :D

7. That’s How People Grow Up - :)

8. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell - :)

9. It’s Not Your Birthday Anymore - :(

10. You Were Good In Your Time - :(

11. Sorry Doesn’t Help - :D

12. I’m OK By Myself - :D

A recording of Portishead's set from ATP 2007. I was there for bits of it, so on one hand the atmosphere of it is just amazing for me...but even if I wasn't, it's a bloody brilliant thing to listen to. A lot of the songs off "Third", which was still some way off at the time, sound so much better live; especially Hunter, which flows a lot more naturally and fluidly than it does on the album. And a lot of the newer stuff is a lot heavier and darker sounding live - you can see why it was being heralded as their "doom" album. Not to mention "Glory Box" and "Numb" being some of the most spine-tingling live moments ever. Okay, actually "Only You" is. Wow.

Edited by Skummy McNulty

I listened to "I Am A Bird Now" by Antony and the Johnsons again because it is better than their new one. Here's my "review":

1. Hope There's Someone (4:21) - :D

2. My Lady Story (3:33) - :wub:

3. For Today I Am a Boy (2:36) - :)

4. Man Is the Baby (4:09) - :D

5. You Are My Sister (3:59) - :D

6. What Can I Do? (1:40) - :)

7. Fistful of Love (5:51) - :wub:

8. Spiralling (4:25) - :D

9. Free at Last (1:36) - :)

10. Bird Gerhl (3:14) - :D

I'm expecting some job offers from NME and Q pretty soon. My heart is set on Mojo though.

You've Come a Long Way, Baby by Fat Boy Slim. A pretty good 90's....... eletro album i guess . Putting on Metallica's Kill 'Em All next. Very contradicting in musical taste I know but hey ho.

I've been listening to quite a bit of Thrice today. Something set me off randomly so started on Vheissu and then went on to AitA. Then I figured I might as well listen to The Alchemy Index which I haven't got round to yet. Fire and Water were ok, one or two songs stood out (Burn The Fleet, Digital Sea) whilst one was suck (The Flame Deluge). Air and Earth though are awesome. I prefer their more quiter stuff and Dustin's solo album so this is right up my street.

Edited by Ledley King Ellis