What music are you listening to?

Benji

Yeah, I'm not usually a fan of loud music/vocals and tracks like Hero Of War and Swing Life Away appeal to me more than others. I like their sound though and loved songs from previous albums like Paper Wings, Anyway You Want It, Rumours Of My Demise... and Drones.

And I loved Audience Of One from the very first listen when I saw the video was up on Virgin's On Demand service a month or so ago.

The other day I ordered my mum a Chi-Lites CD for Mothers Dya off Play, and to regain some dignity back on my account (and the fact it was £2.99) I ordered Limp Bizkit's "Results May Vary" (quiet you at the back, I can hear your obvious joke :shifty: ) too.

It's no Chocolate Starfish, but it's still a damn good album. May have to get The Unquestionable Truth pt.1 soon, depending on price. I don't wanna pay like £8 or whatever for what is essentially an EP because it's only got 8 songs on it.

Yeah, I'm not usually a fan of loud music/vocals and tracks like Hero Of War and Swing Life Away appeal to me more than others. I like their sound though and loved songs from previous albums like Paper Wings, Anyway You Want It, Rumours Of My Demise... and Drones.

And I loved Audience Of One from the very first listen when I saw the video was up on Virgin's On Demand service a month or so ago.

I really, really hate being one of those fanboys of "GRRRR!!! THEY TURNED SHIT!!!" but christ the new album is a pile of fucking shit. :shifty: I mean, I'm not one against a band trying new things (hell my favourite song on the new one is "Entertainment", Panic! At The Disco! style bit midway through and all), but it's already been established that their mid-tempo tunes are a pile of fucking shit (hello "Siren Song...") so why basically do an entire album of the stuff, it just seems so lacking of any passion. "Collapse (Post-Amerika)", "The Dirt Whispered" (mostly for the totally "The Unravelling" style intro), "Kotov Syndrome", "Entertainment" and "Savior" are the only songs I can get into.

"Hero Of War" is seriously one of the worst tunes I have ever heard. And this from someone who liked "Swing Life Away" and really liked "Roadside". I really, really hate the current 'punk-rock' trend of "Let's write songs from the point of view/about some guy at war!", because they always come across so lyrically insincere, plus it doesn't help the vast majority of them are slow, boring dirges; "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day, "Over & Out" by Alkaline Trio, "Hero Of War" by Rise Against, for fucks sake even Strung Out got in on the action with "Letter Home", which pissed me off, although it wins this 'war' of songs as it's not a mid-tempo dirge and has brilliantly cheesy chord progression in the bridge, I still hate it though. :shifty:

Okay, I'll stop ranting. I also hate Rise Against because they keep cancelling Newcastle dates on their UK tour...THEY'VE NEVER FUCKING COME!! CUNTS!!!

Yeah, "Revolutions Per Minute" is still one of my favourite punk-rock albums ever. Can't beat some "Torches", "Broken English", "Black Masks & Gasoline" etc. (And although nobody cares, my order of albums is; "Revolutions Per Minute" > "The Unravelling" > "The Sufferer & The Witness" > "Siren Song Of The Counter Culture" > "Appeal To Reason")...man I cannot believe they've released 5-albums...insane.

I will say one thing about the new album, I do like the fact they're bringing back the "Oh's", "Whoa's" and "HEY's!" to punk-rock...they basically became so 'cliché' that they've disappeared, and I miss them. :( So, good move Rise Against. :)

Edited by YI

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to my bosses girlfriends daughter, I`ve been listening to a lot of emo type stuff. Things like Secondhand Serenade, Live On Arrival, and several other artists that I can`t remember. As a genre I don`t find it that bad. I`m not going to live the lifestyle, but their music has it`s place to me.

Been listening to The View's new album only had a quick listen on the bus sounds good though. :)

It's a pretty decent album. I think I like it better than their first. One Off Pretender is one of my favourite songs of the year actually.

I'm the opposite. I thought their first was far better, especially due to Superstar Tradesman and Face For The Radio.

Anyway at the minute I've got Violent and Young by Iglu and Hartly. :D

Lets see today it was most some older Lil Wayne: Canon & Murk Off. I've been listening to a lot of The Chariotsince they're coming through town next week. Other than that, just listening to my own bands stuff: Helen Keller, trying to make sure all the recordings are in tip top shape.

Edit: Oh, I forgot about Rick Astley. <_<

Edited by Lj.

Nothing wrong with the Vice City soundtrack.

Me? Listening to a mix cd I made...got some cool Robert Palmer stuff from his reggae days, the original version of Mad World by Tears for Fears (which to me is one of the best songs ever written), a little bit of Brian Eno, and some Daniel Johnston.