Sign in to follow this  
Benji

What music are you listening to?

I've been listening to the Pulp Fiction soundtrack a lot recently and I really like those surfy guitar instrumental things, which is something I never expected to enjoy.

Going to look for some more of them.

Bizarrely, Cry For A Shadow is my favourite.

Anything Goes: The Music of Cole Porter by the Dave Brubeck quartet is my new favourite Jazz album. :)

The Exies second cd

I also just picked up Nirvana's live cd from the Reading Festival and Tinted Windws featuring James Iha (Smashing Pumpkins, A Perfect Circle and solo) Adam Schlesinger (fountains of wayne) Taylor Hanson (Hanson) and Bun E. Carlos (Cheap Trick)

Edited by Slash22

The Exies second cd

I also just picked up Nirvana's live cd from the Reading Festival and Tinted Windws featuring James Iha (Smashing Pumpkins, A Perfect Circle and solo) Adam Schlesinger (fountains of wayne) Taylor Hanson (Hanson) and Bun E. Carlos (Cheap Trick)

:wub:

Listening to Manafest and KJ-52's new albums, as well as the usual: Lo Key, GrewSum and Liquid Assassin. :)

Personally, I'd say I prefer Head for the Door to Inertia. Both are excellent though. Hell, the all four are, but the middle two stand out, even if my username is derived from the A Modern Way... album. :P

Head for the Door is my favourite by them. A Modern Way of Living with the Truth is my least played album out of the four though. It just didn't do it for me as much as the previous three. After Head for the Door, I was hyped to see what their next album would be like, and when it came out, even though I like it, I was kind of disappointed.

SunLess Rise. Totally awe-inspiring insanity in music form, they are so the evil, Russian, vodka-riddled DragonForce, and it is awesome.

October Road by James Taylor is the ultimate bittersweet summer album. Regardless of the fact that Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas is the last song on it. >_>

Listened to Shinedown's "Son of Sam" about 10 times today. It's just so damn... epic. I don't know why they left it off the album and it's a bonus track from international versions though. Also just heard their contribution to the new Alice in Wonderland film, "Here Name is Alice". Wow.

Also, been listening to a lot of Puddle of Mudd, just find them easy to listen to right now, and that Team USA Olympic Theme "Shook Up the World" is pretty great too.

Edited by TheModernWay

My dad is on this big 80's kick lately so I've been ripping all these compilation CD's he's been buying. I've had Cruel Summer by Bananarama and In A Big Country by Big Country on repeat lately. It's cool that he's been listening to a lot of 80's stuff because we can have some pretty good discussions about the music since I'm a monster fan of 80's pop.

Lately, I've come to the conclusion that "Does Your Mother Know" by ABBA is the greatest song ever anywhere in the history of history.

there is really nothing better than watching some tiny unknown bands playing in a tiny room. I don't even know any of them but it was still fantastic.

I think The Times They Are a-Changin might be Bob Dylan's most underrated album.

In my opinion it's his first great album.

I am actually listening to it now!

It's one of my favourites. I also love Boots of Spanish Leather, North Country Blues, With God On Our Side and obviously title track. It is mostly all very good though.

I've been blasting through alot of Meshuggah and Gehenna recently. Got the 'None' EP with Meshuggah, and godamn, it is godly. The Gehenna stuff is something I've had for a long time but never really listened to. Honestly, it is perhaps some of the most catchy blackened death metal I've heard in a quite some time. So yeah, go Fredrik Thordendal and your polyrhytmic sons of bitches in Meshuggah.

SOiL. Lots of SOiL. Mainly just the first album Scars (with MY LITTLE HALO), and to a lesser degree the second album re.de.fine. Sometimes their latest, Picture Perfect too, but the current singer has nothing on Ryan McCoombs.

Orange County Lumber Truck is like the best instrumental rock song since like...ever.

The only thing that has been going for me all day long is Focus' live performance of Hocus Pocus, from '73. Oh goddamn, that is the most awesome thing ever.

• Like 1

The only thing that has been going for me all day long is Focus' live performance of Hocus Pocus, from '73. Oh goddamn, that is the most awesome thing ever.

In-fucking-deed! A damn great performance.

Fake Shark - Real Zombie's most recent album, "Meeting People Is Terrible". Sick album, that.