ECW 1999 - Heyman is Making Waves!

EMS

ECW on UPN

ECW.gif

The show starts with the crowd chanting EC-Dub, EC-Dub! As the brand new ECW titles kick in!

Title’s fade out!

Joey Styles: Welcome to ECW on UPN! Tonight the fall out from Guilty As Charged plus Extreme Action from the pioneers of extreme, This is ECW!

The sound of Christopher Daniels Plays, as he makes his second appearance on ECW TV. He is followed by The insane luhador Supercrazy!

Christopher Daniels V Supercrazy

This was a incredible match. Both men gave 100% pretty much like they always do. High flying, insane stuff from both men. The finish came when Supercrazy slipped on the second rope and walked straight in the angle wing’s! After the match the fans gave both men a standing ovation.

Winner: Christopher Daniels

We go to the back where Justin Credible is walking down the corridor.

“Hey” said a voice, It was Francine

Francine: I see your without a manager now!

Credible: Yup!

Francine: Well, I’m free baby!

Credible: What about Shane Douglas?

Francine: Screw him!

They walk off into the sunset together! Or the corridor rather!

The sound of SURVIVE IF I LET YOU, brings a huge pop. As Taz steps out into the arena. With walks towards and the ring and soaks in the noise from the crowd.

Taz: So this is ECW on UPN! You can’t have a grade A show without the ECW World Champion (He lefts the belt in the air) Fairness to Regal, Douglas and Sabu you put up a good fight! But it won’t good enough to beat the Human Suplexing Machine TAZ!

I’m ready to be your World Champion and face all comers… This leads to the sound of Sabu’s music. Both Sabu and Bill Alfonso.

Alfonso: Taz, Sabu deserves his World Title shot and you know it!

Taz: You want me Sabu! Do you people want to see it?

Sabu gets in Taz’s Face!

Taz: Your on! Wrestlepalooza! Me V You, one on one! BEAT ME IF YOU CAN, SURVIVE IF I LET YOU!

Taz exit’s the ring, as he fade into the commercial break.

We return with a old face coming down the entrance ramp! It was Simon Diamond

Diamond: You people never change, you still smell like in-bred, unemployed hillbillies! (He steps into the ring) Tonight is the debut of my own Special Chat Show!!! (boo’s) This is better than Piper’s Pit I assure you of that. Now my Guest tonight is about as “Hardcore” as you can get! He has the face only a mother can love! He is the chair swinging freak, BALLS MAHONEY!

Balls Makes his way down to the ring!

Diamond: Now “Balls” You haven’t done much in ECW have you? You’ve jobbed out to almost every single person on this roster. Why do you suck?

Balls: First of all! Who are you? (Loud cheers!) And Second, You Suck!

Diamond: I’m Simon Diamond, the future of this company!

Balls: Look pretty boy! I’m Balls to the wall, I bet you can’t even swing a chair!

Diamond: I can, watch this!

He grabs the chair and swings for Balls! Balls ducks

Balls: What kind of swing was that, You pussy!

Diamond then cracks the mic on Balls Jaw, and rolls to the outside and up the ramp.

Joey Styles: The Arrogates of Simon Diamond. But up next is the NEW, ECW Tag Team champions Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley is action.

A video airs hyping the PPV Wrestlepalooza. When we return the FBI Johnny Swinger and Tracey Smothers are in the ring (Little Mama Lionel is still out after the attack from New Jack) Then the sound of Tommy Dreamer’s music plays as he and the Giant Killer Spike Dudley make there way out for the match!

Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley V FBI

A nice and easy match for the new ECW Tag Team champions, Spike and Tommy used great double teaming moves to put away the team of FBI. The finish came from the Dudley Dog on Johnny Swinger, no kicks out of that.

Winners: Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley

But wait, it’s Buh Buh Ray and D-Von coming running down from the back. But Tommy Dremaer grabs a chair, and the Dudley’s re-think about attacking The New ECW Tag Team champions.

We go to a dressing room where Michael Modest is starring into a mirror!

Modest: God! Just look at me! I’m SOOOOOOOOOOO HOT! My Arms are huge, my body is ripped! I’m ECW’s most beautiful wrestler, call me Mr. Modest!

We fade into another Commercial Break

We return with Rhino and New Jack already fighting around the ringside!

Rhino V New Jack

New Jack used almost everything he can find to try and put down the man beast. Rhino however was too tough to be put down and over came it all, and hit a viscous GORE! On New Jack! 1-2-3 it’s over

Winner: Rhino

From the back comes running Little Guido with a staple gun, He nails New Jack with it! He screams! “That’s for Mama! That’s for Mama!” And then leaves!

We go to the back where Tammy Sytch is with Chris Candido

Sytch: Sid, you big jacked up Bully! You screwed Chris Candido out of beating Jerry Lynn. ARRRRRRR!!!!

Candido: Tammy, calm down. Sid, Me and You are going one on one tonight in the very first Main Event on ECW on UPN. Yes it’s a honour, but beating you will be a pleasure!

We fade into a commercial break.

We return with RVD in the ring alone.

RVD: ECW on UPN! Wooooooo! Mr Friday Night (Loud pop) is here and…

Tajiri makes his way down to the ring!

RVD: Hey dude, what do you want? Oh, wait you can’t speak English!

Tajiri points to the Title around RVD’s waist!

RVD: Oh you want a shot at this! Sure, I’m Rob-Van-Dam! And…

Tajiri cuts him off with a kick to the leg, and a vicious one to the head. Tajiri grabs a chair from outside, and places in on RVD’s Ankle. RVD is almost knocked out from those kicks from Tajiri. NO! He comes down from the top rope and crashes onto RVD’s Ankle! He may have broken his ankle! RVD rolls around in pain, as Tajiri holds up the TV title and walks off!

We go to a darkened room where Shane Douglas is sitting

Douglas: Taz, You won the ECW World Heavyweight title from me at Guilty As Charged! And made me re-think about myself. Am I still the Franchise I think I’ am, Can I still beat anyone in the world? What can I do? So! I’m going to take some time off! Yup, That is what I need! And when I come back, Taz I’m coming for that World Title!

We return from ad’s for ECW Wrestlepalooza on the 14th of February with Sid and Candido ready to fight!

Chris Candido V Sid

The match itself was a disappointment as Chris Candido except dodging Sid every time Sid came to lock up! When Sid finally got his hands on Candido, He hit Candido with one right hand and it knocked him out! But from the back came running Lance Storm, he nails Sid with a Super kick with only phased the big man. Tammy Stych give Strom a chair and Bam! Sid was down, Lancee Strom dragged Candido on top of Sid! 1-2-3! Sid got screwed!

Winner: Chris Candido

ECW on UPN goes off the air with Lance Strom holding up Chris Candido!

I would've put Dreamer's title win at the end of the card, or atleast sell it alot bigger than what you did here. Infact, if anything as an ECW fan, Taz's title win wouldn't work here because of Dreamer's win. It'd be over kill, and heatless. You have to understand, Dreamer's gimmick was that he NEVER held any ECW titles since ECW became extreme, (He did hold an Eastern tag title) it added to the drama of his persona, hense why Raven showing up on the first TNN show and winning the tag gold with Dreamer was so dynamic. Now Dreamer had FINALLY won his gold, and RAVEN was the reason for it.

Other than that, good stuff... gotta agree with Credible's quick job... and babyface push? Please don't go there, the entire appeal to PJ was that he was just an arrogant prick, take that way from him and he's just Aldo.

Edited by Mustarunallday

Wrestling-news.com

ECW's debut on UPN got them a high 5.02. Many in ECW and UPN are extermely pleased with this.

Fans of ECW Hardcore TV! This show will not, we repeat Not have original matches on it no more, UPN decided that they want exclusive rights to original ECW matches and segments, so until the contact runs out, ECW Hardcore TV! Will only feature Re-Caps of PPV's and ECW on UPN.

Also many in ECW are excepting new faces almost every week, with a Prime-time show ECW management feels the need for some new or old blood to join the roster. Simon Diamond re-joined ECW after touring Japan.

Injury Report: Steve Corino suffered a strained Tricep at a ECW live event, he is excpeted to return in April.

I have been reading this diary from the start and decided to drop some feedback.

The backstage segments are ok, a little unrealistic but they work ok for what your trying to achieve.

One problem I have is the way your using Sid, it's not that I particularly like the guy but his fee was so huge that the money wouldn't be wasted on using him as a ref and I doubt he would job to Chris Candido

The show on UPN is good, hopefully will lead to more angles etc

I like how you put Storm over, i hope he gets a decent push as he has always been one of my favourites.

I also think you should use Simon Diamond more, and maybe give his talk show a name, pretty good so far but there is always room for Improvement

ECW on UPN

ECW.gif

The titles fade out with Mr. Modest making his way down to the ring, where Chris Chetti is awaiting his opponent.

Mr. Modest V Chris Chetti

In a short but decent match, Chris Chetti looked set for a victory over the cocky Mr. Modest, but after to much posing for the crowd Chris Chetti turned his back one to many times on Mr. Modest and this allowed Mr. Modest to nail The Reality Check on the un-expecting Chris Chetti for the win.

Winner: Mr. Modest

We go to the back where Sid is in his Dressing room lacing up his boots, but then from out of no where Chris Candido and Lance Strom fly into the room and start beating down The big Sid Vicious. As they run back out of the room, Sid is left down on his Dressing room floor after this hit and run attack by Strom and Candido.

We cut to the interview booth where RVD is standing with his Manager Bill Alfonso

Alfonso: Tajiri, You think your clever, attacking the Whole F’N Show like you did last week. Well Tajiri, RVD will face you this Sunday at Wrestlepalooza for this, ECW television Champion!

RVD: Tajiri I’ll show you why they call me the Whole F’N show!

We fade into the commercial break with RVD staring into the camera!

As we return from the Commercial break, Skull Von Crush is pacing up and down the ring.

Ring Announcer: And his Opponent… From Huntsville Alabama, BOBBY EATON!!!

The crowd go mild for the former WCW man.

Bobby Eaton V Skull Von Crush

In what can only be described as squash match, Skull Von Crush almost kicked the head of Bobby Eaton’s off his shoulder’s, with a Vicious kick. Skull Von Crush picks up the win in under a minute!

Winner: Skull Von Crush

We again go to the interview booth, where Justin Credible is with Francine

Credible: Tonight in the Main Event of ECW on UPN, I take on the new ECW world Heavyweight Champion Taz. This is my chance to become a number 1 contender by beating the Champ, Tonight is make or break? Tonight Taz, Except a War!

We go back to the ring where Rhino and Jerry Lynn are going at it!

Rhino V Jerry Lynn

In quite a brutal match, Rhino gave Jerry Lynn some punishment with many weapons, Jerry Lynn however combated this with his speed and technical ability. The finish came when the cocky Mr. Modest strolled down to ringside to pose for the fans, this distracted Lynn long enough to allow Rhino to Re-group and hit the Gore!

Winner: Rhino

We fade into another Commercial break with Mr. Modest walking up the ramp with a cocky smile on his face.

We return with Simon Diamond and Christopher Daniels in the ring

Diamond: Do you people want to see The chair swinging freak Balls Mahoney? (Loud Pop) Well, I pretty much made him look more of a fool last week when I cracked his jaw with this very mic!

Christopher, do you want to see Balls?

Daniels: Well, Not really!

Then the sound of Balls Mahoney’s music plays as he and Axl Rotten make there way to the ring!

Diamond & Daniels V The Chair Swinger Freaks

This Match was hardly contest in the ring, Diamond and Daniels took some punishment from the steel chairs from Balls and Axl. While Daniels and Axl were brawling in the crowd, Diamond retreated to the ring, Balls seeing this as a chance for revenge, rolls into the ring after the Arrogant Simon Diamond. But unbeknown to Balls or the crowd, Diamond was holding that Mic again, BAM! 1-2-3 Diamond picks up a cheap win over Balls Mahoney!

Winner: Diamond & Daniels

We go to the back where Guido is with the all The FBI members!

Guido: Mama you ok?

Mama: Yeah

Guido: Ok, He told us to make New Jack Pay, and what He says, we do ok? On the count of 3 we rushing into the room, beat him down and get out! Ready! 1-2.… From behind Came New Jack, he taps the shoulder of Tracey Smothers

New Jack: What’s going on?

Tracey Smothers: Where gonna jump New Jack!

New Jack: Oh!

Then Tracey Smothers makes a facial Express of pure dumbness, as he turns back New Jack nails him with a baking tray! And one shot to Johnny Swinger, Little Guido gets Little Mama out of harms way and legs it down the corridor!

We return to the ring where Buh Buh And D-Von are waiting

Buh Buh: DREAMER, SPIKE! You got are belts, and Damn it, You what them back TONIGHT! Get your skinny ass’s out here or where coming back there and getting you out!

The Sound of Dreamer’s Music plays as he comes down to the ring with Spike

Dreamer: Buh Buh, You’ll get your shot at these belts This Sunday! But for the mean while Spike as something for ya!

Spike nails Buh Buh, with a boot to the gut, but D-Von makes the save stopping Spike hitting the Dudley dog. The Dudley’s lay into the Team of Dreamer and Spike, As Dreamer And Spike lay on the mat The Dudley’s pick up the belts and walk off!

Buh Buh: I guess if you want to belts, you better show up Sunday! Hahahahaha!

We fade into are final Commercial Break.

When we return Lance Strom and Chris Candido (Without there managers) make there way to the ring

Candido: Howdy people! Early tonight Me and Lance Strom here, Destroyed the big jacked up bully that is Sid Vicious! Now, I’m the only man that has a pinfall victory over Sid! Sid I know your scared of me, and I think your scared of Lance Strom too!

Now off Wrestlepalooza, me and Strom don’t have a match yet! So Sid, if your man enough bring your scared ass to Wresltepalooza this Sunday and face us! Hell You can even bring a partner!

Strom takes the mic

Strom: Not the Sqeege!

The sound Of Sid Music’s hits as he comes down to the ring! Strom and Candido quickly jump him, but the crowd Pop like mad then they see the 55 year old Terry Funk coming running down to the ring with a Steel Chair! Candido and Strom bail out of the ring!

Funk: You pieces of chicken Shit! (Loud Pop) Wrestlepalooza, Your going to go to Funk Uni!!!!

We see a ad for Wrestlepalooza! As we return Justin Credible is in the ring ready for the Main Event!

The sound of Taz’s Music hits as the crowd go wild!

Taz V Justin Credible (With Francine)

After feeling each other out, Taz is distracted by Francine this gives Credible the advantage! The match has already gone longer than Credible’s match V RVD on the last ECW PPV! Taz builds up some momentum, he throws some of his famous suplex on Credible! He setting up for it! TAZMISSION~ Credible has not choice but to tap!

Winner: Taz

But after the match the lights go out! As the lights go back on Sabu is in the ring on the top rope! He lands on Taz, and uses a steel chair and hit’s the Arabian Face buster on the champ!

ECW goes off the air!

ECW.com

Confirmed matches for Wrestlepalooza

ECW World Heavyweight Championship

Taz V Sabu

ECW Television Championship

Rob Van Dam V Tajiri

ECW Tag Team Championships

Tommy Dreamer & Spike Dudley V The Dudleys

Tag Team Grudge Match

Sid & Terry Funk V Chris Candido and Lance Storm

Plus...

Jerry Lynn V Michael Modest

Your use of Sid is odd and totally not the way Heyman actually used him. Sid wasn't a person during his brief ECW stay, he was a fucking monster.. jobbing him to Candidio who at this point was useless via his bad habbits? Weird...

Also, I enjoy the push of Storm, but still having a hard time thinking that he beat Misawa at the last PPV and is somehow NOT getting a world title or main event push? You're down playing Misawa here, as we're talking the orginal IWC, the ECW fans and we're talking about friggin Misawa... that shoulda atleast been the end of the Candidio\ Storm team.

I was sitting in some local Hotel restaurant, thinking to myself, what was going to happen tonight at Wrestlepalooza. I have a rough plan of the out comes, but I really wanted to have feuds going. As I wrote more stuff on a piece of paper I was using, a familiar face stepped though the door.

“Ha, Paul Heyman we’ve got to stop meeting like this!” It was Vince McMahon, he made his way over to my table.

“Congratulations on your new show Paul, I’ve been watching it!”

“Thank You!”

“Paul you must be wondering hwy I’m here tonight?”

“Actually I do know we're going head to head on PPV tonight!”

“Yes, We;l I was on my way to the arena, But I got hungry and what not so I stopped here! I’m not stalking you!”

We both chucked.

“Now Paul, I have something to ask you, or rather I want something you’ve got!”

“What?”

“Paul, One member of your roster is, well… SID! He’s not the usual guy you have on your roster!”

“It’s a short-term thing”

“Well, Do you want to make Bischoff look a fool?”

“What do you have in mind Vince?”

He leaned over the table

“Well, Sid has been buried by you!”

“Wait, Its put of my plans”

“But if Sid loses to say one of your guys on the roster again, he’ll look weak right? So I have it on good authority that Eric Bischoff has signed Sid!”

“Vince, your just stirring the pot now!”

“Has he agreed to a contact from you?”

“Like I said it’s a short term deal!”

“Paul Believe me, He’s signed! Bury him TONIGHT!”

Vince stood up and went to the restroom! I immediately rang Tommy Dreamer

“Tommy, it’s Paul! I’ve got something to tell you”

I explained all this to Tommy and he had this to say

“Damn! I suppose do what Vince says! I mean If Sid wasn’t in ECW would Bischoff care? He Hates ECW! Remember Eddie, Dean, Chris! Hell Sandman wouldn’t get a look in, in WCW if he wasn’t a star in ECW! Damn it Bury the double crossing bastard!”

“But want if Vince is lieing?”

“Vince isn’t all evil! He seems like, but he’s not!”

“I dunno, Tommy! Anyway I’ve got to go!”

Vince was making his way back to the table.

“Paul You’ve got to believe me! But I would like to ask you something?”

“I’ve been tracking a certain worker! A former WCW World Champion, If that means anything!” He said sarcastically

“He goes by the name of Paul Wight!”

“Ah, the Giant I said!”

“Paul, he’s not so ready for us yet! Would you be interested in taking him?”

“Vince, we’re not your development territory! No Vince I would not take him for a month!”

“No not a month! A year even! Please Paul? I’ll even let you choose a worker from my damn Roster to keep!, If it’s reasonable of course!”

It was like he was dangling Meat in front of me! A huge giant for a year, his wages being paid for by someone else! And a worker from his Roster to keep!

“But Vince, how will you persuade him to come?”

“Who Paul or this other worker! I’ve Vince McMahon, They do anything I say!”

“Ok I’ll do it!”

“Great“ Vince stood up and was going to walk off!

“Hey Vince what about this worker!”

“I’ll tell the boys, And I’ll call you soon! Oh here’s Wight’s number, tell him Vince Called!

He left the hotel, I was happy and sad! Again Vince was dictating things to me! Last time we meet, he told me I had to change, now he’s claiming Sid is jumping, Making me that a worker and offering me anyone on his roster! Still I did get a former WCW World Champ, and another new person! But who?

Wrestling-news.com

ECW PPV news and Notes!

ECW’s Wrestlepalooza PPV is in fact Sold out! It only sold it’s final few tickets last night!

Also Except Sid to not be around for too ling after the PPV. He is only working on a pay-per-apperance deal is is ecpeted to take some time off of wrestling after the PPV.

Terry Funk has return Full-time to ECW. Also Bobby Eaton is now in the developments after not impressing all backstage this past Friday!

• 8 months later...