Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

Is Yvonne Strahovski in it yet? Could someone like, upload her scenes to YouTube or something, so I can enjoy her and skip all the parts of Dexter I don't like? >_>

Nobody do this for TheKazarian.

Also, fucking great first episode.

Good episode. It wasn't quite as tense as I was expecting, but I guess that's going to come as the season progresses, escalation is the name of the game after all. I loved how Deb and Dexter clearly didn't have the chemistry they usually do, because Deb was keeping her distance, it wasn't just the fact they all but said it, but the positioning at the crime scenes, where Deb kept her distance compared to the usual. Maybe it's just me reading too much into it, but if not, I liked it.

It was stupendous. Just...wow. If I had to sit through the garbage that was all of S6 for the last 30 seconds of the finale and more episodes like this one then it was worth it. Watch it GoGo. Watch it TkZ. Watch it and I dare you not to be back in love with this show. And that ending was...wow and damn all over again.

• Like 1

It was pretty good. Kill of the week was sort of a waste of Enver Gjokaj. I appreciated the way they hinted at all the ways they could have wussed out only to not wuss out.

Really wanted to like that. Really didn't. It was really bad.

Didn't at all buy Deb's reaction to her mild-mannered brother ritually murdering a serial killer. Nor Dex's blasé reaction to his secret being out. After 6 years of him voiceovering at us about this earth-shattering day, it was like, "Hey, she bought it! Problem solved, back to murderin'." Remember when he used to not kill every single murder suspect in Miami? Especially when he just got caught by Deb killing someone; how big an idiot is he? Fucking stupid. Everyone on this show is so stupid. I knew the opening would be a fake out too -- it's insulting, at this point. Just... blah. I didn't watch last season, but I heard good things about the premiere and wanted to give it a shot. Needless to say, I won't be watching this season either.

Last scene was good, I guess. They're both still good actors, they've just got shit to work with.

Fucking stupid. Everyone on this show is so stupid.

Well, that's hardly news. But yes, it was one of the most ridiculous and stupid kills-of-the-week they ever did, or at least that I can recall. The reason why people are liking this episode (and it is a good episode, whatever a good episode of Dexter means these days) is that they didn't chicken out in the end. However, they still have this season AND another one to go. I don't think that they can keep up this quality at all.

I think I've become desensitised to Dexter after S5, because I enjoyed season six and I enjoyed this. The involvement of a group of Ukrainians is sort of interesting, but mostly I want to see what happens between Jamie's boyfriend (I forget his name) and Dex, because he's a different sort of threat that he's never had to deal with before.

That was awesome. In no way was that stupid. It makes complete sense for Dexter to kill after he almost got caught. He always feels the need to kill when things are closing in on him. It's his release, always has been.

Ending was fantastic, whole episode was really well done though.

That was awesome. In no way was that stupid. It makes complete sense for Dexter to kill after he almost got caught. He always feels the need to kill when things are closing in on him. It's his release, always has been.

Ending was fantastic, whole episode was really well done though.

Yes, it's his release, I get that. He could however kill someone who is not the new main target of the whole police force. He has picked other targets before, so why not now? One of his rules was always "Don't get caught". Furthermore, everything that happened at the airport was absolutely ridiculous, even for this show.

Which fits in with Dexter's kills when he's on edge.

He was the only person who knew who the suspect was. When that's the situation he always aims to strike first. I'm not saying anything about how he did it at the airport - all I'm saying is that him killing in the situation he's in makes sense, and him perhaps rushing it/being sloppy is also something that tends to happen when he's going through shit.

I don't mind that he killed someone. I think it makes sense for him to do considering he's on edge. It's just that it felt waaaay too sloppy. Like how can he really expect nobody was going to walk into the baggage claim/lost baggage (can't remember what it was, doesn't matter) during the entire time he's in there?